Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Tender Is The Nate

• Start Topic

If the episode had ended at Charlie slugging Nate I’d have been 100% satisfied. Oh and I love that Mick got everyone to the lab and had the biggest smile when it unfolded as he’d hoped. 

Constantine does naked yoga. Yep. 

Mick bonded with Hemingway. That...makes perfect sense. 

The Fitzgeralds were a hoot. Wouldn’t object to seeing them again. 

I like Mona and I liked her bonding with Nora and Ava. 

Nora crushing on Ray is as cute as Ray crushing on Nora. 

Ok, Biff sang James Taylor. Happy New Year everyone. 

• Love 13

So thats when Biff started to sing James Taylor to a Minotaur to distract him while F. Scott and Zleda Fitzgerald stole drinks behind the bar...

This show is like the worlds weirdest game of Mad Libs sometimes, its freaking amazing. 

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Nora crushing on Ray is as cute as Ray crushing on Nora. 

Seriously. Those two are so cute onscreen together. I just really think they're enjoying spending this extra time together.

Nora, Ava and Mona bonding over wine was a thing of beauty. And I think "No shipping the inmates!" is my favorite Legends line ever. 

• Love 10

Sara surprising Ava for her birthday, then doing her assassin thing to hide from Henry. 

I loved Ava, Mona and Nora drunk bonding while stuck in prison. 'And Hemingway, Mick, Henry and Sara fighting a Minotaur ending with Hank singing James Taylor to get the Minotaur to fall asleep. 

This show is like fan fic come to life. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 15

Shallow moment: oh my goodness Caity Lotz looked amazing in that office hookup scene!

Ehem...on to the rest of the episode:

- Mona started the episode annoying me but you know what? I think I like her now

- Ava and Nora bonding was sweet and lmao at Ray creeping on girls time at the bureau. I would also like a scene of Ava and Nora watching HGTV please and thank Legends writers. Mona can be there too if she brings wine.

- They handled the Nate/Amaya/Charlie stuff really well too (Maisie Sellers is really good at accents) and I know it's because of real life issues but I'll kinda miss seeing Nate regularly on the Waverider.

- Gideon cracked me up with her constant reminders that she too, is part of the team.

- I was waiting for Sara to punch Hank but Hemingway will do.

- All the play on words tonight from Constantine and Mick just reaffirmed how awesome this show is. Never change Legends, never change.

Edited by kdm07
  • Love 13

"Go do your adult thing, and we'll see you around."

That was a really sweet way to write Zano getting more time off for the birth of his child, and eventual health problems his child had.  Gonna love when he returns, don't want to lose any Legend, including Gideon.

Hank busting out "Sweet Baby James" was nice.

Mona has nothing to worry about, Gary's still there.  Although, I'm skeptical of her.  Like she's going to be in league with the main villain.

I love this show, and I love all the Legends, and I'm counting Gideon as a Legend.

• Love 11

After an hour of putting up with Kirk Acevedo and his Al Paccino impression, I think we needed this. I mean, we'll always need Legends.

Still a little unclear as to how the Time Bureau would need funding from anyone or any one place. Or maybe Rip wanted to be as far away from where the Time Masters hung their hats. Corny premise to bring Hank on a mission, but it worked. He subdued the Minotaur with James Taylor. Minimum, that gives him honorary status, right?

At least the Nate/Charlie crap got cleared up . . . though I'm guessing she'll have to play Amaya anytime she's with Nate. Hey, we get to hear Maisie break out a horrific American accent, so it wouldn't be a total loss. Ditto Matt Ryan.

Sara is a damn ninja. Gotta love her doing the "Happy Birthday" bit with the trenchcoat and lingerie, then keeping out of Hank's line of sight when he was in Ava's office, and managing to playfully torture Ava. I heart Sara . . . though I dread something bad will happen with her. This was me back in 2013: "Sara just gave Laurel her jacket. That doesn't really mean anything." Several months later? Arrow, arrow, arrow, fall, garbage bin, and that paved the way for Laurel to become the Whack Canary.

Ava, Mona and Nora bonding in a cell? Cute. And dummy that I am I was so distracted by the main action, I lost track of Ray. Of course he'd hide in an envelope to surprise Nora. Why wouldn't he?

Hey, no Gary! Maybe he got eaten by one of the "inmates."

ETA: I didn't hear about Nick Zano and his kid. What happened?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Nick posted on Instagram that his daughter was born with health problems (she needed surgery right after she was born) and the Legends producers worked it out so he could spend time with his family.  That's why he's at the TB and not with the Legends. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

When born she went right into ICU, then needed life saving surgery at only a day old, and spent a month in ICU.  It was only a couple of weeks ago that he posted about this on his Instagram.  is daughter's at home, out of the ICU, but they gave him the time off for all of it.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Nick's baby daughter was born with complications that very nearly killed her.  Nick needed to take time off in order to be with his wife and daughter while the doctors worked to improve his daughter's condition.  That's why this whole storyline of Nate working at the Time Bureau came about -- it was the show's way of accommodating Nick so he could take as much time as he needed for his family.

• Love 6

People can hate the show because it doesn't have super heroes with powers anymore, but no one can say that this show isn't fun. I need a show that just makes me smile every week. It has what a show needs for me to enjoy, humor and heart. 

I liked Constantine saying American words that don't say/have in the UK.  Charlie doing a terrible American accent was great too. 

• Love 17

I just cant get over how good this show is. Every episode is just filled to the brim with classic moments, and the writers are so creative with plot lines, and character pairings. I mean, we get Ava and Mona bonding over their weird loves, and mutual love of red wine, AND a Minotaur running around menacing the Lost generation? Thats just great stuff, all throughout. 

I was wary of Mona, but I liked her this week, she worked well with Ava and Mona, and its sweet how she wanted to treat the creatures with some kindness. As a lot of then seem to be more animalistic than actually evil, I think that a few palm trees are warranted. That whole sequence was great, especially Mona being shook by hearing Nora and Ava's respective backstories (clone from the future and time displaced witch) and being like "I am going to need to hear everything about all of that" and them all giving each other pep talks. And I adore how they're handling Nora's redemption arc, its really well written and acted by everyone. And she and Ray are so adorable, I cant even. Honestly, its just great to see a woman Ray is into be as into him as he is into her! Because, lets be real, with his last two relationships, he fell WAY harder than Kendra/Felicity did. She even wrote him a love note! Sorry Ava, there shall be inmate shipping.

Liked the way they handled Hank showing up, and it was nice to set more insight into Nate's relationship with him. Hank is an old style "men solve problems with their own two fists" guy, while Nate is more about learning and feelings. Honestly, its probably just me headcannoning, but I wonder if Nate's tendency to get kind of "bro-y" when he gets stressed or hurt is falling back on what he thought his father wanted him to be like? That all being said, Hank seemed to have come around, and he does seem to very truly love Nate and want to help protect people, so its not just him being needed to have a lesson taught. Which makes me wonder about that secret Project Hades...

Loved seeing the Paris 1927 setting, and all of the Lost Gen people showing up. It was like Midnight in Paris was suddenly invaded by a DnD game! I loved seeing Hemmingway, the Fitzgeralds, and Dali, they were all great to have around, and all of their takes on the monster (Hemmingway wants to shoot it, Dali draws it like its melting, the Fitzgeralds are just trying to get a drink) all seemed hilariously correct. And Sara looks beautiful in period clothes! So does everyone, but she looked extra fab. 

Just so many great moments. Ava surprising Ava with some sexy office time, only to pop away with ninja skills when they were interrupted, Constantine doing naked Yoga and just hanging around in a robe making snarky comments about American English, Mick bonding with Hemmingway, the cute little finger wiggle Nate and Sara did, etc. There is just so much great stuff filling each episode. 

• Love 14

I remember how two years back everyone on this thread would be high-fiving at the thought of Nate leaving the Waverider. How times have changed, and how good the writers have gotten. I'm sorry that he's taking a step back for a bit, but considering how hard everyone worked behind the scenes to get him the time off he needed it's really a heartwarming story...as long as his daughter continues to do well, of course.

*sigh* I'm trying to be on board with Ray and Nora, but honestly it's a hell of a lot easier when the show isn't pushing it so hard. The best argument for Ray/Nora being worth our while is Brandon and Courtney interacting together. The show needs to chill. And for God's sakes, *don't* compare them to Ross and Rachel! Ross and Rachel sucked!!

I am friendshipping Ava, Nora and Mona extremely hard right now, however. I really need an episode where they join Sara, Zari and Charlie for a girls' night out that's just sheer laughs and bonding for the entire episode (bonus points if Gideon can join by remote), while the guys face a monster and have the devil of a time dealing with it. And the fact that this would be the anomaly on Legends and not the norm is Reason 28463 why this show is so damned amazing.

My biggest disappointment is that Rose Nylund did not kick ass as was suggested at the beginning. That better be a Chekhov's gun. You did promise evil dolls next episode right?

It's honestly chilling to think that had Dominic Purcell succumbed to his Prison Break accident, we never would have gotten Season 3/4 Mick. What a loss to the world that would have been.

Nate's parting words sounded extremely ominous. I'm hoping it was just an allusion to the actor's real world circumstances, but I'm half-afraid it means 1) cancellation, or 2) a schism so big it fundamentally changes the show and destroys the Legends insofar as they are our merry band of time travellers/demon hunters/revellers.

• Love 7

So was this Legend's unofficial entry into Elseworlds?   You know, the Elseworld where they have to buy clothes, worry about a budget and are employees. 

Nate parting words definitely sounded like impending cancellation.  

• Love 6

I reaaaally liked that episode ! 

Dont know if that will be the consensus (reading around it seems it is) or not but the Nora - Ava - Mona scenes were the highlight for me ! 

C'mon Mona, deliver that letter ! 

Edited by Triskan
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I liked Constantine saying American words that don't say/have in the UK.  Charlie doing a terrible American accent was great too. 

I lost it at ‘yardstick’. It was great hearing their terrible American accents.

Mona grew on me this episode. I would have never thought to put Mona, Ava, and Nora together, but Legends excels in mixing up their character interactions. I love how Ava and Nora were essentially trying to top each other for worst past. That’s not a contest you want to win.

I noticed Mick called Nate ‘ugly’ instead of ‘pretty’ at the end of the episode and I don’t know if that means anything but like others have said the final scene feels like a goodbye.

• Love 4

Why is Constantine sleeping in the library?

In the first season (and correct me if I'm wrong) we had Rip, Sara, Mick, Snart, Ray, Stein, Jefferson and the 2 Hawks.  That's 9 people, but if the Hawks shared a room (not sure about this), that's 8 sleeping quarters

Season 2: the Hawks and Snart were gone, and Nate and Amaya joined. 8 people, 8 rooms. Enough for everyone.

Season 3: Stein and Jackson left, Zari and Wally (briefly) joined.  8 people, 8 rooms. Still good. And during Elseworlds, perhaps Leo stayed in Rip's room? Or Sara took Rip's room, and hers was available?

Season 4: Rip, Wally and Amaya are gone.  Sara, Mick, Ray, Zari and Nate = 5 remaining people for 8 rooms. Why can't Constantine and Charlie use 2 of the extra rooms? And if Nora winds up joining them, she can have the 8th room.

Have I miscounted somewhere?

I do think that 8 bedrooms and 1 bathroom shows poor planning, though.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1

As always, lets hear it for Legends of Tomorrow: the only show in the entire universe that ends its mission of the week with a Minotaur wrecking a 1920s club in France, Sara punching Ernest Hemingway, the Fitzgeralds watching and drinking behind a bar during it all, and, of course, it all ending with Biff from Back to the Future serenading the Minotaur with some James Taylor.  There is truly no other show like it!

Glad that Nate was able to go back on the Waverider (and hopefully not for the last time), and enjoyed Hank playing off everyone as well.  I was surprised over how quickly they got the Charlie reveal out of the way, and Nate even accepted it pretty quickly, because seriously: finding out a shapeshifter turned into your ex and is stuck in her body really isn't the weirdest thing to happen on this show.  Glad they threw him a pizza party at the end.  Now if they could only do something about that whole unionizing thing...

Surprised that I enjoyed the Ava/Nora/Mona scenes.  Courtney Ford's reactions to all of the insanity was hilarious.  And I should have saw Ray popping up at the end.  I really do hope those two crazy kids make it work!

Constantine's American accent was hilarious!  I hope we get more of him and Charlie together, just mocking everyone else.

Not much of Zari in this one, but her patronizing arm pat after Mick's "impolitically correct" line was everything.  You could just see her thinking "Oh, buddy.  At least you're trying!"

Gideon constantly reminding everyone that she is a member too was a nice touch.  Show her the proper respect, dammit!

Glad Ray got a final bro-hug from Nate, but I hope the poor guy doesn't go hug-less for too long.  But I'm not sure Mick or Constantine would be down for that. 

And, finally, holy shit!  Caity Lotz in in that lingerie!  Now, that's an outfit that needs to make a return!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Nick's baby daughter was born with complications that very nearly killed her.  Nick needed to take time off in order to be with his wife and daughter while the doctors worked to improve his daughter's condition.  That's why this whole storyline of Nate working at the Time Bureau came about -- it was the show's way of accommodating Nick so he could take as much time as he needed for his family.

Nicks time off has nothing to do with the Time Bureau story. He explained that he got time off for 4x4 & was written out of that episode. The TB story was always planned. Klemmer even said in interviews they wanted to have a story where Nate grew up so they came up with putting him in the Time Bureau.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1

Wow. Caity Lotz is one beautiful woman. TPTB keep delivering for Avalance fans. Jes & Caity have so much chemistry. I loved watching Sara use her LOA moves to dodge Hank.

Im still not sure why Sara benched Zari & the others but not Mick.

I loved the trio of Nora, Ava, & Mina this episode. I agree with others that said Mona grew on me this episode. I hope these three have more friendship scenes.

Good shipping moments for Darkatom as well this episode.

The Nate/Hank binding this episode makes me feel bad for when Project Hades is revealed.

I am glad the show didn't make too much of a big deal of Nate meeting Charlie.

That last scene did feel like they are setting up Nick Zanos exit.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Proteus said:

Im still not sure why Sara benched Zari & the others but not Mick.

Sara knows her people.  Constantine and Zari are both anti-authority and would clash with Hank.  Charlie is a fugitive unable to convincingly portray Amaya and Ray is sweet, honest and a very poor liar, again likely to spill the beans about Charlie.  While Rory isn't fond of authority either, he will follow orders and Sara's lead.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Glad Ray got a final bro-hug from Nate, but I hope the poor guy doesn't go hug-less for too long.  But I'm not sure Mick or Constantine would be down for that. 

And, finally, holy shit!  Caity Lotz in in that lingerie!  Now, that's an outfit that needs to make a return!

Constantine might be down for a hug, but a different kind.

Caity in that outfit, was most definitely a dayum moment.

• Love 3

I say this every week but I love this show.  Only they could embrace the batshit crazy premises and plot devices they do and make it work.  Hell, they get better and better every week.

I think Nate's gotten better as well since the arrival of Hank on the show has caused him to get less bro-y.  Thomas Wilson has been a fun and natural addition.

Sara and Ava are great.

Ray and Nora have great chemistry.  Real-life married couples can be a mixed bag onscreen but these two sure don't have that problem.

Mick's 'impolitcally correct" line.  I laughed although Mick called Leo Snart a "gangbanger" instead of "doppelganger" is still my favorite Mick misinterpretation.

I have to admit I found Mona annoying but I trust this show.

1927 Paris was a very fun setting and I'm glad they threw all the historical characters into one setting.

Great episode, very fun.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 6

This show is seriously great. I'm a bit surprised with how excited I get each and every episode, but it is so much fun. 

Ava, Mona, and Nora worked fairly well. I'll admit I'm still not enamored with Mona yet, but she's definitely warming up on me. Once they toned her down by the end of the episode, it was pretty good. I still need some more time with Mona, much like with Gary. Ava/Nora bonding was something I never expected but something I also never knew I needed in my life. Honestly, I would have been happy with just Ava and Nora bonding, but I also trust the show with Mona and getting me to like her. Hey, if they managed to finally get me to like Nate again, they can make me love Mona! 

Speaking of Nate, I am very, very much loving his scenes with his dad. Ok, yes, I will continue to wait for some acknowledgment about his hemophilia that will never come, but that's a "me" problem. I think what's important is that they are sticking to the core of Nate when he was introduced: he was never a manly man and preferred to be inside and read and study history, while his dad is not like that. So....they ARE still making it work. I did chuckle at the show's attempts to rewrite part of his introduction with having Nate say that he joined because he had "baggage" before the Legends, but it's also not entirely untrue. His baggage just happened to be a life threatening condition.

Otherwise, seeing Hank geek out over Hemingway and Nate trying to lure the Minotaur to sleep with a lute, followed by Hank saving the day with a song was a perfect end to the episode. I do kind of miss Nate on the Waverider, but I like that he has found a place with the Time Bureau instead, and it seems like it's going to stick. He's even gone so far as referring to the Legends and the Waverider as his previous home, so he truly has moved on. 

Nate meeting Charlie worked better than I thought. Nate got over the shock of Charlie looking like Amaya and came to give her some solid advice. 

They have finally gotten Constantine to a place where I could see why he kind of fits with the Legends. He's not totally there and he still feels out of place at times, but he's working better for me with the humour. 

Ray and Nora. I wondered where Ray disappeared to, so of course he got himself stuck in the envelope and couldn't get free! It's not just that Courtney and Brandon have been married for a decade that shows their chemistry. It also helps that both are excellent actors who are capable of doing a good job, even if they hadn't been married. And this episode, we get more of Nora's side of that relationship. Her shy smile when Ray appeared from out of the letter was all sorts of adorable. 

Caity....damn, Caity. That lingere scene was hilarious and not what I ever expected Sara to do. Sara/Ava is finally settling with me and now I can't get enough of these two.

3 hours ago, johntfs said:

Sara knows her people.  Constantine and Zari are both anti-authority and would clash with Hank.  Charlie is a fugitive unable to convincingly portray Amaya and Ray is sweet, honest and a very poor liar, again likely to spill the beans about Charlie.  While Rory isn't fond of authority either, he will follow orders and Sara's lead.

Plus, I think leaving Mick and Charlie together would have been a bad idea, so Sara wasn't wrong in separating the two. 

• Love 9

This was top to bottom one the more entertaining and hilarious hours of television I've seen in a long, long, time. And props to the writers and actors that they could produce something so funny w/out having to go over the top ridiculous with something like giant Beebo (which I loved, don't get me wrong.)

• Love 5

I loved this episode, and I love Mona being the monster whisperer. That being said, I have whiplash from the rapid plot change. The show went from Constantine having to send all monsters back to hell to keeping a monster menagerie. Seriously? I think the monsters they have to vanquish are more interesting. I don't mind a small menagerie, but I demand consistency and clear rules about who gets a "get out of hell" free card.

• Love 4

This season is killing it for me.  And once again I am loving Mick the most:  "Impolitically correct" and the crack about Nate's grandfather blowing up and dying.  So deadpan.  So perfect.  And finally telling Sara "I want a Marcel" after seeing Hemingway snap his fingers at poor Marcel who snapped to do his bidding.

I wasn't sold on Mona before, but I loved her this week!  She was the perfect foil for Ava and Nora's angst.  What a fun subplot.  And Icing on the cake (HA!) was Ray being stuck in the glue of his own love letter.  This just cracked me up so hard.  I was not expecting that so of course this happened, because, well, it is Legends.

I was a little underwhelmed by the meeting between Nate and Charlie.  I don't think they got enough face time for Nate to really get past that this wasn't Amaya.  I did like the slug though.  Felt very Charlie.

And finally Charlie and Constantine doing their awful American accents was hysterical.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ok, yes, I will continue to wait for some acknowledgment about his hemophilia that will never come,

I lot of people keep forgetting that time has changed pretty significantly.  When the Legends saved Amaya and her village, they permanently altered history.  So maybe Nate didn't have hemophilia, but still was somewhat bookish and pursued history, setting up the conflicts he had with the father.  Perhaps the Time Bureau and the Waverider were altered to the point that certain capabilities were lost and that's why the Time Bureau is a U.S. government agency now.  And why the Waverider can't make stuff like it used to.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

I remember how two years back everyone on this thread would be high-fiving at the thought of Nate leaving the Waverider. How times have changed, and how good the writers have gotten. I'm sorry that he's taking a step back for a bit, but considering how hard everyone worked behind the scenes to get him the time off he needed it's really a heartwarming story...as long as his daughter continues to do well, of course.

*sigh* I'm trying to be on board with Ray and Nora, but honestly it's a hell of a lot easier when the show isn't pushing it so hard. The best argument for Ray/Nora being worth our while is Brandon and Courtney interacting together. The show needs to chill. And for God's sakes, *don't* compare them to Ross and Rachel! Ross and Rachel sucked!!

I am friendshipping Ava, Nora and Mona extremely hard right now, however. I really need an episode where they join Sara, Zari and Charlie for a girls' night out that's just sheer laughs and bonding for the entire episode (bonus points if Gideon can join by remote), while the guys face a monster and have the devil of a time dealing with it. And the fact that this would be the anomaly on Legends and not the norm is Reason 28463 why this show is so damned amazing.

My biggest disappointment is that Rose Nylund did not kick ass as was suggested at the beginning. That better be a Chekhov's gun. You did promise evil dolls next episode right?

It's honestly chilling to think that had Dominic Purcell succumbed to his Prison Break accident, we never would have gotten Season 3/4 Mick. What a loss to the world that would have been.

Nate's parting words sounded extremely ominous. I'm hoping it was just an allusion to the actor's real world circumstances, but I'm half-afraid it means 1) cancellation, or 2) a schism so big it fundamentally changes the show and destroys the Legends insofar as they are our merry band of time travellers/demon hunters/revellers.

Agreed on the Ross and Rachel thing.  They are the epitome of how not to do a will they won't they, at least after they did get together.  You never want to get to the point where the audience doesn't care one way or the other (or actively hopes for a won't they)  I shouted to the universe "Monica and Chandler!!" instead, lol.  I really have high hopes for Ray and Nora.  Last year we saw how fun they can be playing off each other and this year we keep getting to see how cute they can be together.  They are the kind of pairing I'd always hoped for for Ray.  He deserves his happy ending.  

The whole premise of the episode with Hank going over the expenses felt a bit meta.  Like Legends has been getting flack for expense of the new sets and all the costumes and even probably the prop food.  This show does have a lot of food in it, lol.  

In show Hank complaining didn't make sense because for one, 135 mil is cheap for saving the world and everything else he mentioned shouldn't have cost them a cent because last we heard the Waverider's version of a replicator made all the costumes and food.  and anything else they wanted.   

I don't think there is anything set in stone with cancellation or cutting the cast but I think the show runners have been getting some pressure if it makes it into a script.  

I have a feeling that Legends is one of those shows that will only truly be appreciated by the masses after it's gone:(  But I'll enjoy every moment until then.  

The good news is when it comes back after it's loooong hiatus, it gets to go back to getting the ratings bump from The Flash.  I really don't know why they thought pairing it with Arrow was the right move.  I mean, I liked the break from the bleak each week but while Legends is it's own non-nipple eating unicorn, it has more in common with The Flash tone wise than Arrow.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, johntfs said:

I lot of people keep forgetting that time has changed pretty significantly.  When the Legends saved Amaya and her village, they permanently altered history.  So maybe Nate didn't have hemophilia, but still was somewhat bookish and pursued history, setting up the conflicts he had with the father.  Perhaps the Time Bureau and the Waverider were altered to the point that certain capabilities were lost and that's why the Time Bureau is a U.S. government agency now.  And why the Waverider can't make stuff like it used to.

They haven't indicated that anything changed when Amaya left apart from her personal history.  Just that in stopping Malus they let out magical creatures.  The ripples haven't been felt otherwise in anything else so I think they just forgot about Nate.  Or they think reminding the audience that Nate had zero choice about not being really physical would alienate the audience against his dad so they just aren't mentioning it directly.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Mick needs to eat.

Food in the show as almost it's own character and I think has helped ground this show.  Food is really important in real life but if you went by what you saw in most shows, people eat MAYBE once a week and only buy coffee to hold but rarely drink.  They also drink a lot of booze.  LoT absolutely drinks a lot of booze but they also pack lunches!  They have Pizza Parties!  They actually have a galley set  that gets used more than once or twice a season.  Mick and a sandwich are as ubiquitous as Mick and his flame thrower.  Food mattering, along with knowing the Legends have chores (even if only Ray does them) and fight over a bathroom makes the people so much more relatable and in turn makes the insanity easy to just accept as normal.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I don't think there is anything set in stone with cancellation or cutting the cast but I think the show runners have been getting some pressure if it makes it into a script.  

I have a feeling that Legends is one of those shows that will only truly be appreciated by the masses after it's gone:(  But I'll enjoy every moment until then.  

The good news is when it comes back after it's loooong hiatus, it gets to go back to getting the ratings bump from The Flash.  I really don't know why they thought pairing it with Arrow was the right move.  I mean, I liked the break from the bleak each week but while Legends is it's own non-nipple eating unicorn, it has more in common with The Flash tone wise than Arrow.  

I don't think the showrunners are getting pressured about anything or that the Nate scene was hinting at cancelation or cast cuts.

I'm not feeling at any gloom about the shows future.

I'm not sure how Legends will get a ratings bump from The Flash after is returns in April. It's getting paired back with Arrow after Black Lightning finishes.

• Love 1

I guess I'm in the minority, in that this episode really didn't gel for me. I liked a lot of specific parts (Most things Nora, Mick grinning at Nate getting punched, Mick misunderstanding words...yeah, everything Mick) but both Ava and Hank felt more like caricatures to me than real people. Ava definitely seemed way out of character, or at least out of 4th season character. 3rd season Ava I could see as being totally by the book and all "no shipping the inmates!" but I feel like 4th season Ava would have at least tried to explain the reasons behind the rules.

As for Hank, he was a nightmare. Arrogant AND incompetent. Not only was he complaining over a budget that someone else correctly pointed out is a rounding error in government work, but his approach to the monster hunting was totally ridiculous and he nearly got several historic figures killed. A reasonably bright 9-year-old could have told him what he was doing wrong. I frankly would have just taken the WaveRider and dropped him off in prehistoric times--hey, it's his fault for just beaming on the ship with no notice and not telling anyone where he was going.

Actually, I'm really confused as to what his actual role is. When we first met him Nate definitely made it sound like he was a contractor, someone like Raytheon or Lockheed. Nate said something like "taking fat government contracts". Next, he's in the Time Bureau and deciding on their budget? That's not the role of a contractor, that's the role of an entire Congressional Committee. At the very least, it's the role of a very senior government official. Then tonight Nate called him "Captain." Captain of what, exactly?  If they're implying he had a military career, I've gotta say Earth 1 pays their officers WAY better than our Earth, given that mansion they showed us where Nate grew up. 

Maybe Hank is an anachronism and that's why he's inconsistent? I can only hope.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Agreed on the Ross and Rachel thing.  They are the epitome of how not to do a will they won't they, at least after they did get together.  You never want to get to the point where the audience doesn't care one way or the other (or actively hopes for a won't they)  I shouted to the universe "Monica and Chandler!!" instead, lol.  I really have high hopes for Ray and Nora.  Last year we saw how fun they can be playing off each other and this year we keep getting to see how cute they can be together.  They are the kind of pairing I'd always hoped for for Ray.  He deserves his happy ending. 

2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Ross and Rachel wish they could be Nora and Ray! Honestly, if she wanted to go with Friends, go with Chandler and Monica! Always Chandler and Monica!

Every word of this. I too shouted at the screen, “NO — not Ross and Rachel! Chandler and Monica!” I knew there was the potential for a cute pairing, but Ray/Nora are just unexpectedly endearing to me.

Don’t screw this up, show.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, piperkat said:

Actually, I'm really confused as to what his actual role is. When we first met him Nate definitely made it sound like he was a contractor, someone like Raytheon or Lockheed. Nate said something like "taking fat government contracts". Next, he's in the Time Bureau and deciding on their budget? That's not the role of a contractor, that's the role of an entire Congressional Committee. At the very least, it's the role of a very senior government official. Then tonight Nate called him "Captain." Captain of what, exactly?  If they're implying he had a military career, I've gotta say Earth 1 pays their officers WAY better than our Earth, given that mansion they showed us where Nate grew up. 

As far as I can tell, Hank is a professional lobbyist/liaison between corporations or government agencies and Congress.  He's the guy who goes to the Congressbeings an gets them to approve the budgets/ buy the toys.  Hank was objecting to the budget because he's the one who has to go to the Hill to get that budget approved.  Presumably the Time Bureau isn't its own agency but likely works under the aegis of the Department of Defense like the NSA or DARPA.  He clearly doesn't work under Director Sharpe and also clearly seems to be above her in the power hierarchy.  He probably works directly for the Office of the Secretary of Defense and probably reports to the Secretary himself.

As for the Captain bit, former military officers are often addressed by the ranks they used to hold as a courtesy.

As far as building prisons for the magical beings, it's pretty clear that to me that Project Hades is an attempt to weaponize magical creatures to aid in the defense of the country.

Why?  One of the sayings from Spider-man is "With great power comes great responsibility."  Okay as far as it goes, but what happens if you have a great responsibility (say, to protect and defend the nation and its people from all enemies, foreign and domestic) but lack the power to fulfill that responsibility?  What do you, a normal human given this responsibility do if, say, The Flash breaks bad?  Or goes mad? (and both of those things essentially happened in Season 3 of that show).  What do you do if Nazi super-beings from another dimension attack the Earth (as happened last year)?  What happens if aliens invade (as happened the year before that)?  How the hell do you defend your population against gods and monsters?  Perhaps you do it by getting a bunch of gods and monsters trained to obey you.  Enter Project Hades.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, johntfs said:

As far as building prisons for the magical beings, it's pretty clear that to me that Project Hades is an attempt to weaponize magical creatures to aid in the defense of the country.

But isn't the reason John is on the ship to send all these creature to hell or back to where they belong, like he did with the unicorn and fairy god mother? Why are they detaining some? That is what has me confused.

• Love 3

John's on the ship because he's running from someone from his past. 

Also they had the Legends learn that not all the magical creatures deserve to go to hell. They do however need to take them out of whatever time period they are in to not mess with history. Right now they are containing then until they figure out what to do with them. 

If they are evil and killing people they probably will be sent to hell. The unicorn was a disguised hell beast and the fairy godmother was taking out her revenge on humans. Charlie was just messing around, and the minataur was just chilling in the catacombs. I don't know what the creatures in the time Bureau were doing but they were probably just scaring people rather than hurting them purposely. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Also they had the Legends learn that not all the magical creatures deserve to go to hell.

This is where it gets a little confusing to me. How did these creatures get sent to hell? Who sent them? How do the Legends decide who goes back and who doesn't? Is it better for them to be in prison in hell or on Earth? Did they answer all these questions and I just didn't pay close enough attention? This is why it's better for me not to think too hard about shows.

I love how most people think the Legends are embelezing money or hiding their real spending with stuff that is easier to explain like clothes for missions and food. When they could be spending it on video games and sexy lingerie. Lol. 

They are not getting paid might as well use the money the TB is giving them for personal items. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, AngelKitty said:

This is where it gets a little confusing to me. How did these creatures get sent to hell? Who sent them? How do the Legends decide who goes back and who doesn't? Is it better for them to be in prison in hell or on Earth? Did they answer all these questions and I just didn't pay close enough attention? This is why it's better for me not to think too hard about shows.

They were in some kind prison hell dimension that the Legends opened to let Mallus out. Those creatures escaped during that. So they were already in prison for something. Charlie said she put in prison because on her Earth people were scared of her shape shifting. 

John is sending them to actual hell which is different. I think they realized from Charlie that that not all of them are evil beings. The unicorn, the Strega witch and the fairy godmother started killing people as soon as they got out. Now however they are learning more about them and imprisoning them first and trying to figure out what to do next. They can't just let them roam around freely messing with history and they probably don't want to go back to their homes that imprisoned them in the first place. 

Makes me wonder where Sara went when she died. They had to get her soul back from somewhere. If shes been in actual hell you'd think she'd have more reservations of sending creatures there.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

They were in some kind prison hell dimension that the Legends opened to let Mallus out.

15 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

John is sending them to actual hell which is different.

Hmm, I did not realize there were different places. Thanks.

31 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:

Hmm, I did not realize there were different places. Thanks.

I'm going with that because the fairy godmother and Charlie talked about the prison but whenever John or anyone talked about sending them to hell they didn't act like they were going back to where they were before. So I think they were in a prison dimension. Constantine is sending them to meet Lucifer. Although Lucifer is currenty chilling in LA falling in love with the most boring woman in the world. 

• Love 4