Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Part 6

On 12/24/2018 at 8:11 AM, CynicalGirl said:
  Hide contents

I saw Tilley's son on the Dannemora documentary, and he's done some interviews, always stating he and Lyle fully support Tilley, and expressed disappointment that she's been denied parole. 

Re Tilley's son...

https://www.bustle.com/p/joyce-mitchells-son-had-his-own-legal-troubles-after-the-events-of-escape-at-dannemora-15534828

Arrested for domestic abuse, looks like it's been going on for a while.

I think Stiller timed this episode perfectly.  I'm the type to read about "the real story" and spoil myself completely, but many are very good about avoiding that.  I think this episode may have worked best for those who didn't know much about this case, but it worked for me as well.

The After Buzz Youtubes/reviews are a perfect example of that.  *Note this is for episode 6 AND 7, so if you haven't watched the ending yet?  Avoid it.*  It's not the greatest review, but it does show that particular reaction, of caring for (at least) Sweat, and then being shown his actual crime.

They were "rooting for" the criminals, especially Sweat, and seeing the reality of their crimes after having fallen into the movie mood of liking them in some ways, and rooting for the escape to work?  (One spoiled, one not in this case) 

(edited)
On 1/2/2019 at 9:57 PM, Superpole2000 said:

A truly horrible episode of television that soured me on the show altogether. It was slow, it was unpleasant, it was uninteresting at times (good thing we got to see the previously unseen cop purchase some stuff from a convenience store...really exciting stuff there), and the flashback nature of it made me want to skip forward to get back to the escape timeline. If a show makes you want to skip forward then it's not doing its primary job of entertaining you.

All films or TV series are not for only "entertainment" value. Segments are inserted to give clarity to the narrative. This episode was necessary to show WHY they were in prison, it framed the story. I think it was the best episode because what it succeeded in doing was changing the sentiments of the viewers who probably up to this point were "rooting" for them to succeed in the escape. It provided a mind bending 360. We actually SAW the victims of their horrendous crimes. This episode was phenomenal because it managed to change the direction of the series, the road went off in another direction and it was a masterpiece of deliberate manipulation. 

Bravo Ben Stiller! 

Edited by DakotaLavender
typos corrected and added text
  • Love 2