Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: The Jersey Breakfast Club

• Start Topic

On 11/23/2018 at 2:39 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

The problem, as I see it, is that there is no a priori amount of time that one is supposed to take with an elderly parent.  Almost no one has a contract.  It does not fall to the law, the way it does with minor children.  It's an act of mercy.  It's like giving to charity--no one can demand that you SHOULD do it.  If Teresa took that upon herself, good on Teresa.  If Joe doesn't want to see him or talk to him, the only thing I will say is that he can take the time to tell us why (the economics, as I've posted upthread, should probably be more-or-less split down the middle between the siblings, but as someone else posted upthread, Medicare pays for a lot of these expenses, including home health aides). Joe probably doesn't want to embarrass his father, but this storyline is plenty embarrassing to all parties involved as it is.  He might as well tell us instead of hiding behind his wife like a bitch.

It would be great if both Joe and Teresa could be honest about this.  He: "My father and I have a complicated relationship.  I see him as much as I can without it causing harm to me and my family emotionally."  She: "I need a break from my father sometimes/I need financial help in caring for my father." Neither side will drop that "Italian fambly!" bullshit.

I don't think Joe owes his father his time or affection.  I do think it is to be expected that all grown children would provide financial support.  

HOWEVER, if I am the Gorgas, and Teresa, who actively encouraged her parents estrangement from Joe and Melissa, and also benefited from that estrangement (free childcare, etc.), came to me, now that Nonno is past the "giving" stage and into the "taking" stage, and said, "You owe me this help",  I admit I would be more than a little salty.  You wanted Nonno all to yourself?  You got him, Tre.

Edited by ninjago
  • Love 13

Caring for an elderly parent always gets dumped on 1 sibling. God Almighty can come down to Joe's house and tell him he should see his dad more and Joe will still continue to be missing in action.  The other siblings and spouses always have some sort of excuse and I guarantee they will be wailing the loudest at the funeral on how they wish they had more time.  They are also the first in line for the buffet after services.

• Love 6
On 11/21/2018 at 9:17 PM, ghoulina said:

Last week I was on Tre's side; and I still think Joe needs to make more time for his dad, or be honest about why he's not. But....Tre is blowing the whole thing out of proportion. There's no big conspiracy here. And she needs to take the issue up with Joe directly.

And Joe is no better. He was encouraging Melissa to speak for him.

Oh, and I found it rich how Teresa didn't want Jackie giving her two cents, but it's apparently fine for Dolores to do the same thing.

Polly's house is adorable. I love it. These women, turning their noses up at the camper and the whole state...not a good look. Kudos to Dolores for taking the camper.

I don't think I'm going to like Jennifer. She comes off as very small minded, shallow, and high maintenance. I loved when Margaret was all, "I'm not that obsessed with Chanel." 

I continue to relate to Jackie. I, too, struggled with an eating disorder in my youth. I appreciated hearing about her struggle. 

Melissa and her love-child sister? Girl, bye.

I ran the bolded part through Google translate and its said "I love Chanel, but just can't afford it, you see, I still have the party decoration up in my unfurnished home".

• Love 9

The best part of the episode was Melissa telling The Felon to STFU - something that should've been done seasons ago, and on an annual basis.

@LibertarianSlut

Fake breasts make Melissa look like a stripper, but Teresa's are ok because she got them after she was married?  Well, in that case...).

The copycat bolt-ons, the desperation to have a son after Gino was born...Teresa has always been jealous of/competitive with Melissa.

@LibertarianSlut

A few seasons ago Melissa straight-up asked Teresa, "Do you want your brother to get a divorce?"  I really think now, with Teresa caring for their parent, and Joe Giudice getting deported, Teresa would be happy if Melissa just moved out of the picture and Joe Gorga moved into the mausoleum with her and her kids.  What a sick bitch.

Yep, a sick bitch who used to go through her brother's underwear drawer. I wouldn't doubt that Teresa is also envious - if only subconsciously - that Melissa gets to have sex with Joey.

@LilaFowler

New lady swung for the fences with her anorexia tale.

She sure did. Eating disorders hardly make for good table conversation, but this is a reality show, so I'll give Jackie a pass. It was also pretty brave of her to show that wedding pic because, whoa.

Jennifer can leave right now, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 5

You wanted Nonno all to yourself?  You got him, Tre.

She might want to stay close to her father (AND supply all the support) so that one day he doesn't turn to her and say, "You know, Nonna would still be here if it wasn't for all the legal hanky-panky you and Juicy did. You destroyed her and broke her heart." 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

She might want to stay close to her father (AND supply all the support) so that one day he doesn't turn to her and say, "You know, Nonna would still be here if it wasn't for all the legal hanky-panky you and Juicy did. You destroyed her and broke her heart." 

Didn't Juicy's dad die during all this prison time stuff, too?  They will never accept how any of this contributed to their parents' health or lives.

• Love 4
On 11/21/2018 at 9:25 PM, Bronzedog said:

The state of Oklahoma should sue Bravo.  First Vicki on RHOC trashed the state a few seasons ago (What do people even eat there?) and now the state has to put up with this mess.

I'm guessing Bravo thinks they're making up for things with "Sweet Home."

So it's a close tie between Teresa and Porsha from RHOA for being the dumbest Housewife.  She didn't know what a moat was?  

• Love 6
On 11/23/2018 at 3:48 PM, ladle said:

And don't forget Taylor on BH who threatened to "go Oklahoma" on people's asses!

Nobody does!

Import export.  With some guy named Joey Pants. 

I cant believe I started watching this crap.  I should punch myself in the face.

is there someone on this show called large marge?

• Love 3
On 11/23/2018 at 6:59 PM, TattleTeeny said:

To be fair, in the area where she lives (Montville, not Franklin Lakes; Franklin Lakes is about 20 miles north), you don't just see cows or livestock that often. That said, they aren't nowhere around--they are--but if you have no reason to drive in those areas, you're not likely to see them. Same for "farmland," which you don’t "have to" see on the way from here to the shore. If she's generally leaving her house to get to one of the many nearby major highways (which she likely did to get to her shore house in Manahawkin; this area is not far from the Parkway), she's so not seeing a cow. I’ve lived here in North Jersey, in various town, my entire life and am  definitely not what I’d call “used to the sight of cows” at all.

And that said, I still get excited when I see cows, donkeys, horses, or--best of all!--chickens out and about (I'm thinking of one particular location that I pass depending on what route I take to work; it's not far from her house at all, but I obviously have no clue if she ever needs to drive around there).

OK, I am quoting myself, and that's weird but as soon as I saw this today, I thought of this thread! Apparently, right in this general area, we had a cow on the loose! I cannot even begin to picture at all how this came to be. Also, I wish I had seen it myself.

https://abc7ny.com/pets-animals/cow-found-wandering-along-new-jersey-highway/4974322/

EDIT: Turns out, the cow escaped or fell out of a truck to a slaughterhouse! She is now living at a sanctuary.

ANOTHER EDIT: The cow had a baby today!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4