Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E20: Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Damn, if Natalie doesn’t go the wrong way, they probably win this. Ashley is an asshole and so is Hunter so I don’t know who to root for here. I’m also calling shananighans on Ashley having the higher overall individual score. BULLSHIT. Absolutely no way. Seems like they wanted another Johnny moment and they got it.

Let down by Marie performing so poorly. Not sure why she was so insistent on throwing their grenade at Paulie. Obviously, she wanted to be spiteful, but it sucks that their relationship deteriorated so quickly.

• Love 6

In my opinion, yes, Hunter was a jerk to Ashley, but Ashley is just a horrible person in general. She doesn't care about anyone, but herself and to me, whether or not Hunter was nice to her, the outcome would’ve been the same with her keeping the money. I know this will probably be an unpopular opinion, but her calling him out on her behavior towards her was just an excuse to justify her decision.

It’s the same thing with Bananas and Sarah. Bananas knew all along what he was doing to do in that final when he kept the money all to himself.

I felt bad for Joss and Sylvia. They deserved to win because even after having two grenades thrown at them, they were so close and I know they would’ve split the money.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Also, remember when the final was more challenging?

My thoughts exactly.  All it was, was a bunch of running and a gross eating challenge.  Not much of a final.

Just now, SophiaPehawkins said:

Damn, if Natalie doesn’t go the wrong way, they probably win this. Ashley is an asshole and so is Hunter so I don’t know who to root for here. I’m also calling shananighans on Ashley having the higher overall individual score. BULLSHIT. Absolutely no way. Seems like they wanted another Johnny moment and they got it.

Let down by Marie performing so poorly. Not sure why she was so insistent on throwing their grenade at Paulie. Obviously, she wanted to be spiteful, but it sucks that their relationship deteriorated so quickly.

Yep too bad for Natalie, had she paid attention she would have had the chance to win.  I was a huge Natalie fan on Big Brother, but not so much anymore.  Though I do have to say I loved that she screwed Sylvia over because I cannot stand Sylvia.

I was thinking the same thing about Ashely's time as well.  Because it seemed as if Hunter was leading the team during most of the challenges, but editing could have made it look that way.  Though I am leaning towards TPTB wanting another Johnny moment.  After all Hunter said he would split the money with her in one of his talking heads.

Just now, Steph619 said:

In my opinion, yes, Hunter was a jerk to Ashley, but Ashley is just a horrible person in general. She doesn't care about anyone, but herself and to me, whether or not Hunter was nice to her, the outcome would’ve been the same with her keeping the money. I know this will probably be an unpopular opinion, but her calling him out on her behavior towards her was just an excuse to justify her decision.

I remember when I read the spoilers for the season, I was debating on if I wanted to watch the season.  Mainly because I did not want to see Ashely win again, because I despise Ashely.  Like you said, Ashely was going to take the money regardless.  Hunter just provided her with a women empowerment reason to justify why she did what she did.  

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Steph619 said:

It’s the same thing with Bananas and Sarah. Bananas knew all along what he was doing to do in that final when he kept the money all to himself.

I felt bad for Joss and Sylvia. They deserved to win because even after having two grenades thrown at them, they were so close and I know they would’ve split the money.

I kind of agree about Joss and Sylvia, but she’s been awful. She really justified Ashley doing that to Hunter and then calling Natalie and Paulie snakes for throwing their grenade at them. There were very few people to root for here.

• Love 11

I should quit this show.

Rivals III gave me hope Sarah would get a meaningful win. Here? Nobody came off well. And Ashley might be the biggest bitch — male or female — in the show’s history. At least until next season.

Yes, I had to be reminded that Hunter was a shit person. Seriously, how could I forget him contemplating “coming after” Ashley’s family? But for her to utterly fuck him over and then spin it as empowerment? Fucking galling. Absolutely fucking galling. Yeah, there was no real de facto mega bitch, but I’m betting she was way worse than Hunter. I didn’t think she deserved her win in IOTC, and I think she lucked into her second win. Fuck her.

Before I continue . . . I’m not that out of line in using those words toward her and everyone else, right? I mean, we’ve been dealing with various degrees of horrible people all season. Veronica hasn’t gotten me this mad, mostly because her transgressions might be considered prehistoric at this point. Of course Jemmye & Jenna would go out almost immediately. Of course Cara Maria would crack. Of course Marie would shit the bed at the end. Of course a team that lost three fucking elimination games would come within two minutes of winning. Of course Paulie would swear on his family, and then go back on his word. Shit, he was probably going to do that anyway, because he’s a vile piece of shit. If a Challenger ever gets an ass-beating, the odds would be better it’d be Paulie than Johnny, because Paulie sucks that much harder. Sylvia? Bitch, but whatever. Joss? Whatever.

And am I out of line to think the producers gave Ashley the choice? I’m thinking once Hunter interviewed about splitting the money, he was fucked. You listen to him, you’d think he was honorable. BMP probably though as much, so they gave the dice to Ashley, and she rolled a 7. Fuck her, fuck BMP, fuck MTV, and fuck me for watching. And the Reunion is gonna be the shitshow to end all shitshows. CT could bang five women at his bachelor party in front of his kid and on camera for his two-hour wedding special, and he’d look better than most of those assholes. And Mike doesn’t appear to be hosting, so I guess he’s too good for the franchise. Good for him.

Anybody else wanna plunge their face in some hot coals?

ETA: Just want to verify that I don’t hate Veronica as much of these people in this day and age. She Bethed a mission and screwed CT, but any disgust towards her is a drop in the bucket.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 6

Gross, of course Ashley lucks her way into the win. Hunter has been a jackass this season but she didn't get through this season on her own.  I hate them both so I can't enjoy him getting screwed or her fucking him over. Also RME to them painting Ashley as this big innocent victim all season. She's been big bitch all season but now it's this empowering move?

Sylvia crying because her best friend screwed her over? "It's the Challenge!" Isn't that the same thing she told Marie when she was freaking out over Shane voting for her? It comes back around Sylvia.

Natalie is a moron. She should have thrown that grenade on Ashley and Hunter instead of Sylvia and Joss. She and Paulie actually had a good chance to win if she hadn't stupidly gone the wrong way.

For all their newfound teamwork, Cara Marie and Marie fell apart pretty damn quickly.

ETA so Natalie is saying because no one told her dumbass she was going the wrong way that's why she went back on her word? Then why even make the promise? They weren't supposed to help you. Your partner should have kept you in sight but he was too busy worrying about having control of the money to care.

Edited by TiffanyNichelle
  • Love 10

This ending was, I'm sure, supposed to be dramatic, but it was a whole lot of meh for me. The final wasnt that challenging. Not a puzzle to be found which favored the dumb dumb team of Ashley and Hunter. I also call b.s. on Ashley being the top player. Didn't Hunter get credit for all the plates he ate. And I just dislike Ashley so much. Hunter sucks too but can you even imagine the histrionics if Hunter had done the same to Ashley. She sucks. She's not even a good competitor. Here's hoping she retires or gets afflicted with the Bananas curse and never gets a whiff of a final again. 

Edited by angelamh66
  • Love 10

Ugh!  These people really are the worst.  I didn’t want anyone to win except Marie and she is a sucky competitor so that wasn’t going to happen.  Felt a little bad for Joss but then remembered who he was screwing for the majority of the season.  

Is Natalie serious with that tweet?  WTF!  Like there wasn’t a crew following her to make sure she wasn’t harmed!  Stupid idiot!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Coco88 said:

Ugh!  These people really are the worst.  I didn’t want anyone to win except Marie and she is a sucky competitor so that wasn’t going to happen.  Felt a little bad for Joss but then remembered who he was screwing for the majority of the season.  

Is Natalie serious with that tweet?  WTF!  Like there wasn’t a crew following her to make sure she wasn’t harmed!  Stupid idiot!

Natalie is getting drilled on Twitter for that reason. 

• Love 3

Might be an UO but I enjoyed the finale. I think it showed SOME improvement compared to seasons past in terms of challenges. At least there was an endurance task that lasted for hours. And they ran quite a bit. I’m over the gross food challenges. I don’t need to see Joss puke in slo-mo. But also, it seems like it’s just them barely trying to consume something and just immediately spitting it into a bucket. What’s the point? If the producers must keep it, I’d rather have them eat A couple of gross things and they absolutely have to keep it down. No puking or there’s a penalty. I do wish there had been a puzzle of some sort. But it seemed to my limited memory that these tasks were more reminiscent of the tough finales of previous seasons. 

Has a team ever cried that much at coming in second (not counting Sarah)? Pull yourselves together, Joss and Sylvia! I get that it’s a million dollars but it’s your own fault that you trusted another team with your own game. Never voluntarily step down. Sylvia is the worst so I’m glad she lost. Joss is so pretty but he was obnoxious this season so I was not rooting for them.

I don’t see how Ashley could have won but another site I read said he was penalized for falling off of the rope ladder and she finished faster than him in one of the runs. *shrugs*

CM and Marie coming completely undone. Natalie going back on her word. Sylvia sobbing. Ashley taking the money. Hunter sobbing. And they didn’t make us sit through a two part finale and reunion show before finding out the winner! It was entertaining to say the least.

oh and I think I’m officially over Cara. Her hissy fits at Marie were just ridiculous. I get being competitive (and wanting to win) but yelling at your partner (who has a history of performing poorly) ain’t gonna help anyone. And her absolutely freaking out about Paulie possibly getting the grenade? Have some respect for yourself, girl. He’s not even your boyfriend (yet). You do have to wonder why it didn’t even occur to them to throw it at Hunter and Ashley.

Edited by UGAmp
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Ashley banana-ed Hunter, but he kind of deserved it

Also, remember when the final was more challenging?

Remember when the final was compelling?  When people dropped in agony and were literally carried by their partner?  When they had to wear water packs to prevent severe dehydration?

Wine, warm beds, and a painless stroll across warm coals. Thanks whiny Millenials. And God save me from sobbing second place bitches Joss and Sylvia. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

I read that she is really being raked over the coals for this comment on Twitter.  Plus the promise meant nothing, people swear on the lives of family members all of the time.  If you are fool enough to buy it, then you deserve what you get.

• Love 1

I'd been spoiled that Ashley was going to take it all for the last few weeks, so this was even more of a snoozefest than usual. Running, running, and more running. I hope Cara Maria doesn't moonlight as a motivational coach. Natalie is delusional. I was surprised Paulie pretended to be so conflicted about going back on his word for as long as they made it seem. As if. Did I mention Natalie is delusional? Her voice is even more grating than Ashley's accent. Hope Ashley buys a better weave with her moolah. I haven't liked Ashley since she was the second San Francisco RW and pretended like she was a local cause she'd been there for only like 1-2 years. Girl, no. 

UO, but I feel like if I was a shitty enough person to be hanging out with these hooligans, nutjobs, psychos and nutsacks, and going on the Challenge every 3 months or so, I'd take the million and then never bother returning to the Challenge. Half a million (and much less after taxes) still isn't going to give me a nice enough house in the bay area, or even a nice enough 1 bedroom in the city. 

• Love 1

What is the big 8?

Yeah I'm trying to remember how Ashley would have more points than Hunter, unless they penalized him for falling off the ladder, which would be a ridiculous demerit.  She slowed him down so he climbed back up.

Guess he may have waited for her in the different legs than finishing way ahead of her but I tend to agree, it's producers shenanigans.  No transparency so they can make shit up as they go along.

In fact, I would have thought Paulie/Natalie and Joss/Sylvia were the top teams and using the grenade on Joss/Sylvia seemed like a reasonable choice.  Not necessarily the best choice but a good guess.

And what was the deal with Cara not letting Marie use their grenade?  To protect her bf Paulie?  But why should her word be final?

Hunter must not want to burn any bridges because I wouldn't have done a fucking interview after he got screwed over.  If as we suspect the producers were involved in ginning up this fake drama.

But of course, he wants to be invited back to future Challenges, though Sarah never returned -- I would think B-M would have invited her just to have another source of drama.

• Love 1

Man, I felt for Joss and Sylvia because they would have had this, hands down, if they had not had that finale grenade. They were the best team. Hunter and Ashley got lucky because of the double grenades on Joss/Sylvia and on Natalie’s mistake when running and that Hunter is a beast with eating. I admired how J/S learned communication. And they were the only team there throughout the entire season.  No mercenaries, no redemption house. Just old school politics with Lavender Ladies and TYB. Plus they eliminated Johnny and Tony fair and square. J/S was the best team all season. Just some bad politicking with Natalie/Paulie resulted in their loss.

Ashley can feel good about the 1 million. But she has to know that she did not win this challenge.  It was Joss and Sylvia who lost it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, scrb said:

Yeah I'm trying to remember how Ashley would have more points than Hunter, u

I rewatched the comps, Ashley was ahead of Hunter in one of the footraces, probably by design. Ha. I think every one of them would have taken the money. She played it smart. I admire her scrappiness. I'm glad they revealed the winner and didn't drag this out to the reunion. 

Ugggggggggh. I was mad last night. I stand by it, but I tend to seem to like raging online, and maybe I need to stop.

Seriously, with the “penalties” and Grenades, it didn’t feel like Hunter & Smashley won so much as they merely made the fewest mistakes. And if Paulie wasn’t a huge prick, Joss & Sylvia would have won, which . . . yes, they both suck, but I might have took them over the other two guy/girl teams. “At least Johnny didn’t get to screw Tony” should not be an acceptable consolation prize. “Yeah, we were an awesome team, but you still did me dirty last season. When I make moves, I’m a genius. When others do that to me, they’re assholes. So, once again, I’m gonna take the money and run, Teege. Tony, from the bottom of my heart . . . fuck you and  fuck your kids. I’ll give you one grand if you spend it all on a vasectomy. Or rubbers.”

• Love 1

That was an awful end to an awful season.  What happened to the final challenge?  This was a run, stand on a post, eat crap, run some more, walk over 10 feet of hot coals.  I dimly remember Diem and CT struggling on a glacier, or teams climbing a mountain in a snowstorm.  The final here wasn't even as hard as some on the Stars/Champs shows.  Ashley has always been vile, and with this turn, she'll always return, since Bananas is getting old.  As for the others, if Marie never returns, the show will be better.  Sylvia and Natalie were lucky to be teamed with beasts.  No more Redemptions.  Pauly and Natalie should have been gone a long, long time ago.  

• Love 7

As stated...easy finale, just a lot of running.

I'm glad Paulie didn't win since I despise him and now I cant wait to see he/Natalie's future on the show after being cowards and going back on their word, very BB of them though.

Joss/Sylvia....ya stupid! I wanted you or Cara/Marie to win but you put your life into paulie/Natalie's hands? For no good reason? You deserved to lose! Everyone betrayed you, in the immortal words of Tyra Banks "learn something from this"

Ashley....you were no wallflower but tell ya self what you have to....but I can't hate on you for being selfish but this whole "you don't deserve it" ugh....pretty sure you would've lost had it not been for him. 

Loved seeing Cara Maria/Marie evolution from enemies to friends back to enemies. It was entertaining 

• Love 1

oh and I think I’m officially over Cara. Her hissy fits at Marie were just ridiculous. I get being competitive (and wanting to win) but yelling at your partner (who has a history of performing poorly) ain’t gonna help anyone. And her absolutely freaking out about Paulie possibly getting the grenade? Have some respect for yourself, girl. He’s not even your boyfriend (yet). You do have to wonder why it didn’t even occur to them to throw it at Hunter and Ashley.

Cosign. She was so unappealing this entire episode. Yelling at Marie and making her feel bad wasn't going to help Cara. She's basically come full circle to now be the exact sort of person who was mean to her on Cutthroat when she was the one who couldn't keep up. She really is a perpetual victim, and a particularly whiney one. In my opinion, FR was a disaster for her "character."

As I've said before, I'd be a lot more taken with Ashley's stand against slut-shaming off she hadn't slut-shamed Jenna on Invasion, like, a year and a half ago. I'll agree that Hunter was not particularly nice to her but contend that she was also quite awful to him and didn't particularly do anything to deserve being treated nicely. Nice try Ashley, but you're not fooling me. She had probably spent most of the final fine-tuning her "I'm taking the money" statement in her head. And I, too, cry foul on Ashley somehow being the top teammate. What exactly did she do better? As far as I can tell, Hunter was faster on the ladder (unless he received a penalty for falling), faster in the first run, and ate more plates (don't remember the second run, but weren't they pretty much even?). 

Natalie is ridiculous. She wasn't by herself with wild animals. There were probably producers, camera men, and sound guys all running with her and keeping track of her. I hate it when people try to make some sort of slight against them into a moral offense, like they should have helped her beat them because she could have DIED. Shut up, Natalie. You made a wrong turn and that's on you. However, even if she hadn't, I don't think she and Paulie would have won. Paulie and Natalie finishing the first fun ahead of everyone else would have changed the dynamics of the rest of the final in terms of who gave whom a grenade and who stepped off the platforms when. No way the other teams would have given P/N an advantage if they were already in the lead.

I also totally agree that Sylvia is still a terrible person and I don't feel bad for her at all. I did feel a sense of snarky joy when her own bestie was the one who threw a grenade at her. So much for all the Lavender Lady nonsense they've been preaching all season. Lie down with dogs and all that, Sylvia. At least Ashley owns to some degree that she is a a mean person who mostly cares about herself. Sylvia keeps acting like she's nice and sweet all the while being a terrible person. I'll actually take Ashley over Sylvia any day because at least Ashley is entertaining. 

Edited by Jillibean
  • Love 4

Hunter and Ashley were the team I least wanted to win, but if they had to, Ashley taking all the money is the only acceptable outcome for me. Ashley is a nightmare human, but I haaaaaaaaaaaate Hunter and always have. And yeah, she probably would have taken it all even if he hadn't been a roided up jerk to her all season (and in multiple previous seasons), but he was, so. I had to laugh at Hunter displaying his Christian spirit by screaming that Ashley will burn in hell. (Did he also say that God hates her? I can't remember.) My dream scenario is that Ashley takes her million and retires, and that Hunter feels so betrayed by MTV that he pulls a Sarah and never returns. (Except that I like Sarah and wish she would return.)

I feel bad for Marie, but Cara Maria got what she earned. She's kind of the worst.

I'm just glad that they announced the results right away and didn't make us sit through a two-part reunion.

• Love 10

Can't believe I'm going to echo Bananas right now, but seriously... who put a nickel in Joss?  If you believe anyone who promises you anything in the final challenge for $1M, you deserve what you get.  The tears were... cringey.

Additionally, I don't believe that any one of those final 8 would have shared the million with their partner.  A million dollars has a habit of bringing up a lot of painful repressed memories.

• Love 12

I’m thoroughly disgusted. What a waste of my time.  I’m finally really going to give up this mess.  Glad Sylvia didn’t win but Ashley?  She’s vile, since all the way back on her RW season.   For me It’s more than that I just didn’t like the winners.  This season was ridiculous, with all the redemptions and third chances and no rhyme or reason to the unchallenging final challenge. In fact, they should change the name of the show to the Unchallenge.  There is no way that miserable bitch came in first without a lot of help from the producers.  Where would Ashley be without help from MTV, her hairdresser, and her plastic surgeon?

• Love 5

OF COURSE this long, agonizing shit show would end with Ashley getting the whole million. It’s actually the perfect ending to such a godawfully horrid season.

I expect the reunion to be nothing more than an hour of everyone pointing, gesturing and screaming over each other, with so much bleeping that it will be impossible to make out anything that’s being said. 

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 7

I buy that Ashley actually won. It’s illegal to rig these types of shows. Or at least that’s what I’ve read before when people throw accusations at ‘Survivor’. I saw someone post on Reddit that they edited out a couple of other legs of the final, including a puzzle portion and another run. It’s no shocker that Ashley would do better at the puzzle, as she has shown to be successful at them before. And supposedly she beat him in a couple of the running portions. 

I’m one of the rare people who enjoys the train wreck that is Smashley. Like her or not, she’s now a 2 time champ. I don’t blame her for taking the money. A million bucks is a lot more enticing than the $275,000 that Johnny took. I think Hunter and maybe Joss are the only ones dumb enough to have actually elected to share the money. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, scrb said:

And what was the deal with Cara not letting Marie use their grenade?  To protect her bf Paulie?  But why should her word be final?

They needed to agree on a grenade recipient or it was a "dead grenade."   

Now if Paulie were smart (spoiler alert: he ain't)  he would've used his/Natalie's grenade on Ashley and Hunter (thereby not condemning his family to eternal damnation) and would've realized Cara wouldn't agree to using her/Marie's grenade on them and possibly hit Joss/Sylvia anyway.  Though I'm not sure at that point if Marie would've agreed with anything but a Natalie/Paulie grenade because stubborn. 

Shenanigans...

You mean to tell me Hunter didn't take the individual lead from Ashley based on the eating challenge alone?  He ate basically everything there, even Stone Cold Teej was impressed. 

• Love 4

I was spoiled and hate everyone in the final except Marie so I fast forwarded just to see reactions to Ashley's decision.

Worst final format ever, though.  The actual game included of too many twists, double crosses, producer machinations, they didn't need to add grenades to it.  Why not let people win on their own merits? 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Reactions from the Stop Being Polite guy. Choice snark, but he liked Ashley winning, so . . . yeah.

And remember: Hunter & Smashley did NOT start the game like everyone else. That’s also a lot of bullshit as well.

Question: if Cara Marie won, regardless of the decision, would Cara Maria’s third win solidify her status as female GOAT?

I think you would have to give it to her.  Although if Ashley wins another one I would balk at calling her the female GOAT.  Cara works hard and performs well. Ashley seems to luck into stuff.  Sure I think past challengers were better competitors overall than Cara (like Evelyn, Laurel) but it would be hard to argue with Cara as GOAT with three wins and overall good performances in challenges. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

I buy that Ashley actually won. It’s illegal to rig these types of shows. Or at least that’s what I’ve read before when people throw accusations at ‘Survivor’. I saw someone post on Reddit that they edited out a couple of other legs of the final, including a puzzle portion and another run. It’s no shocker that Ashley would do better at the puzzle, as she has shown to be successful at them before. And supposedly she beat him in a couple of the running portions. 

I’m one of the rare people who enjoys the train wreck that is Smashley. Like her or not, she’s now a 2 time champ. I don’t blame her for taking the money. A million bucks is a lot more enticing than the $275,000 that Johnny took. I think Hunter and maybe Joss are the only ones dumb enough to have actually elected to share the money. 

Might be true of game shows but in a reality show?

plus who’s enforcing the law now?  Last time they enforced it was probably the ‘50s.

unlike a game show, there are no regular rules.  They are making it up as they go along.

And I bet they will try to get Ashley back on in future Challenges, as well as Hunter, to add salty drama.

That means all these finalists will be invited back because there is so much hate going between them.  Bunim-Murray is like the emperor in Star Wars — “let the hate flow through you.”

I’m sure they invited Sarah back but she must have told them to fuck off.  I don’t think any of these people have enough self respect to walk away.

They are Bunim-Murray’s bitches.

• Love 4

Cara is the absolute worst.  She spent so many years whining about people belittling her and how mean girls are but that’s exactly what she did to Marie in the final. So much for girl power and supporting your partner.

I don’t know if she thought that screaming at Marie would help boost her performance, but in Marie’s situation I would have started sabotaging the entire thing on purpose.  Yelling at me does nothing but make me resent the hell out of you and do the exact opposite of what you’re trying to accomplish. Can’t hate on Marie for giving up. 

These people are all trash.  Paulie was dying to take the million for himself.  I think Cara would have screwed Marie because she would have thought she “earned” it more. Marie would’ve split it to buy Cara’s friendship.  I think Joss and Sylvia are the only ones where both partners would’ve split the money. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 9

Worst. Final. Ever.  Worst season ever.

Sylvia shouldn't have even been in the final. She head-butted Marie. Was it a hard head-butt? No, but it was still a head-butt and if it would have been Tony and CT, or any other man/man combination they would have been sent home. 

Ashley and Hunter came after the half-way point and they won... gross.  They did the least amount of work of anyone in the game and Ashley walked away with a million dollars. 

I have been watching Real World/Road Rules/Challenges since the very beginning but I think it might be time to retire. 

• Love 10

Ashley is an utter trashhole of a human being and this show deserves nothing less.  Also that is a bogus fucking victory since they didn’t even start the damn show.

Of the four of them, Cara Maria And Marie had no chance so Joss and Sylvia would have been the only palatable winners of this shitfest, but they got down off the platform.  Boo fucking hoo.

Watching Ashley drop to a heap when she wins makes me want to hurl.  She sucks as a human.

Was Natalie getting eaten by lions an option?  Did that challenge get left on the cutting room floor?

Is it called slut-shaming if she actually slept with the guy?

And now that she won the damn million can she go away and never come back?  And also get less trashy extensions.

• Love 7

Well that was the most boring/easiest final ever!  Jeez, they are in Africa; they couldn't find a mountain or some actual tough terrain anywhere on the entire continent to include???  There wasn't even a water challenge (swimming, diving, kayaking) or a puzzle.  What the hell!  They need to take back the money they've been pouring into redemption houses and reinvest in making the finale actually a challenge.  

On 11/20/2018 at 7:14 PM, Steph619 said:

This!  She was so full of shit.  Hunter is trash, but Ashley is not better, and in many cases worse.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:31 PM, Lantern7 said:

Yeah, there was no real de facto mega bitch, but I’m betting she was way worse than Hunter.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:39 PM, TiffanyNichelle said:

Also RME to them painting Ashley as this big innocent victim all season. She's been big bitch all season but now it's this empowering move?

Yup! She was worse.  They conveniently left out all the clips of her being a complete dick to Hunter and other people all season or showing what Hunter was reacting to in many of his statements (like her throwing tantrums because someone tossed a penalty her way or because the game was harder than she expected.  

On 11/21/2018 at 12:28 AM, scrb said:

Yeah I'm trying to remember how Ashley would have more points than Hunter, unless they penalized him for falling off the ladder, which would be a ridiculous demerit.  She slowed him down so he climbed back up.

The reason he fell was because she was stomping on his hands on her way down.  (I'm totally shocked he walked away from that fall without a serious injury, because it looked awful.)  And I totally call bullshit on her winning.  

On 11/20/2018 at 7:24 PM, BK1978 said:

Though I do have to say I loved that she screwed Sylvia over because I cannot stand Sylvia

On 11/20/2018 at 7:25 PM, SophiaPehawkins said:

I kind of agree about Joss and Sylvia, but she’s been awful. She really justified Ashley doing that to Hunter and then calling Natalie and Paulie snakes for throwing their grenade at them. There were very few people to root for here.

Sylvia definitely had karma slap her in the face for how she treated Marie.  And I did not feel bad for her at all.  Especially since she actually made it to the final after headbutting someone.  She needs to take her fucking tears somewhere else and remind herself what she told Marie, "it's not personal."  Also, how foolish of them to try to cut a deal while 2 other teams were still in play during the standing challenge.  Idiots!

There's the asshole Paulie that we came to know during the first couple episodes! I was dumbstruck that he not only left his partner behind, but then blamed her completely for getting lost.  Yes, she's a dumbass for missing the sign, but Paulie should have been checking up on his partner.  You won't win unless both of you finish.  

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 6

Never been to Africa but it sounds like they have national parks and reserves where the wildlife are.

MTV probably wouldn't be allowed to film in those places without paying and also without strict controls on where they would go with the cast and crew and vehicles.

I don't think South Africa would allow them to go anywhere near predators which could jump on them.

In fact there was one shot of lions eating meat, which looked like it was cut and served up to them, not from a carcass of an animal that they hunted down.

2 hours ago, mojoween said:

Ashley is an utter trashhole of a human being and this show deserves nothing less.  Also that is a bogus fucking victory since they didn’t even start the damn show.

I don't have a big problem with the mercenaries winning the show.  They had to earn their way onto the show so it's not like they were given berths for free.  Then they had some challenges and the risk of getting sent to Armageddon.

Everyone knew the rules and nobody objected -- not that they're allowed to object, since B-M gets to do pretty much whatever they want.

Other than creating this drama, it's hard to believe Ashley winning would be a popular outcome.  Maybe all they are hoping for is that the drama will get you to tune into the Reunion and future Challenges.

Ashley could walk away from the Challenges but why should she?  Unlikely to win but I'm sure for the next Challenge at least, MTV will accommodate her (give her incentives to appear, whether or not she wins prize money) because she'll get a lot of negative attention from other cast members and viewers, which will help ratings.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Good point.  I really had no team to root for.  Lackluster finale. 

I find myself never rooting for anyone in these finales so much as rooting against certain people.

But really, it's more about what happens during the seasons more than who gets to the finish line first.

Generally it's the teams or players who've been strongest in the game dominating the final missions.  But this one, they made it possible for almost everyone to win it.

Marie was out because she just hasn't trained for endurance activities.

Paulie and Natalie were probably the best for the endurance legs as a team but she blew the first leg by going the wrong way.  The eating challenge probably reset the whole race.  I don't know about these supposed puzzle tasks that they didn't show.

But if they did a real ironman type of endurance task, like running up a mountain over a couple of days, as they've done in the past, then it would have given advantage to the most fit team.  Here, most of the running seemed to be on flat terrain -- you didn't see people come to a stop to recover before continuing on other than Marie.

12 hours ago, crookedjackson44 said:

That was an awful end to an awful season.  What happened to the final challenge?  This was a run, stand on a post, eat crap, run some more, walk over 10 feet of hot coals.  I dimly remember Diem and CT struggling on a glacier, or teams climbing a mountain in a snowstorm.  The final here wasn't even as hard as some on the Stars/Champs shows.  Ashley has always been vile, and with this turn, she'll always return, since Bananas is getting old.  As for the others, if Marie never returns, the show will be better.  Sylvia and Natalie were lucky to be teamed with beasts.  No more Redemptions.  Pauly and Natalie should have been gone a long, long time ago.  

They also didn't have a lot of challenges, as we've noted previously.  They'd stretch one mission over two episodes, devote a lot of time to the drama between missions.

Maybe with the greater prize money and the costs of filming in South Africa, they didn't have a budget for more grand missions, including the final challenge?

15 minutes ago, scrb said:

They also didn't have a lot of challenges, as we've noted previously.  They'd stretch one mission over two episodes,

On most previous challenges, the teams left their original locations and went someplace else, often a different continent, so I doubt MTV is short of money.  They just got lazy.

• Love 1

What a cowards way to make the excuse of why you are taking all the money for yourself but to claim that you were "slut-shamed" (which in itself is redundant) and that Hunter threatened her family? LMAO! F#$k that @$!%^!%#!@$^@#!!! I can't wait to see her play the victim card on the reunion to see it all fall on deaf ears. She will forever be labeled the most detestable Challenge contestant ever.  :)

Natalie showed again what a POS snake she is. 

• Love 1

Did Paulie and Natalie have an inkling that they were delivering the win to Ashley and Hunter or did they honestly believe that it came down to them vs. Joss/Sylvia?

Will that question be asked at the reunion?

Actually, if they knew they couldn’t win but only spoil it for one of the top two teams, they should have demanded a share of the prize money, had them bid against each other.

Marie and Cara should have done the same, offer to sell the grenade being used against the rival team of the winning bidder.

That would have pissed off Bunim-Murray because it would have robbed them of the drama they got.

• Love 1