Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Flesh Wounds Are Not Five-Star

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, missyb said:

She is getting support from Ross, Ashton and Captain

Actually, she hasn't been. Ashton was still on Chandler's 'blame Rhylee for everything' bus until last episode when Ross had a word with him. Cpt Lee is in such an elevated position, where he doesn't and shouldn't have to micromanage the crew, she may not realise how much he is actually seeing and hearing (we see him leaning over listening to what is going on, but she is probably unaware). Similarly, Cpt Lee specifically said to Chandler this episode that 'Rhylee did a great job getting the jet skis away' to which Chandler grunted dismissively. All of this is deliberate on Lee's part, he's assessing Chandler's attitude to Rhylee. We can see that Cpt Lee knows that Chandler has a 'hard on and not in a biblical way' for Rhylee, but she probably feels like she's unseen and unsupported. When Chandler had them all lined up after his dressing down by Cpt Lee, both Ross and Ashton made comments, Rhylee said nothing, nor was she asked. Because Chandler didn't listen to a word Ross and Ashton said either yet again about needing a game plan and to be on the same page. So she's learning there. Chandler has had deck crew meetings without Rhylee. He's put her down to the rest of the team. I see her (and Ross and Ashton) working their asses off and desperate for direction. Cpt Lee giving Kate control of the deck crew proved how well they will work with instruction. 

For the kind of transfers involved in Tahiti due to the steep sloping beaches and shallow reefs, Chandler should have created a set of procedures by now: how many deck crew to take the Intrepid to the emergency life boat (or whatever the small one is), then who transfers gear and who transfers guests. Checklists. Scoping out the site for hazards prior (like the slippery walkway) and creating safe alternatives. Who has the first aid kit. How it's all going to run in reverse. This is the kind of thing the deck crew have repeatedly asked him for since the season began. All they get is 'it's different every day and we need to run with whatever'. No. You have some basic environment specific procedures for common requests (like the ubiquitous beach party) and setting up toys organised. Those things don't change much. Lee has been on top of showing them how the environment in Tahiti is different and challenging, we've seen him show Chandler and Ross the reef map etc. That beach party went sideways because everyone was late. Lee had Plan B with vans on the backburner and went to it only when he had to 'call it' for being too dark. Probably next time it'll just be transfers from MY Seanna and vans back to the boat. Except with sufficient deckcrew left behind to break down the party, which is NOT interior's job, as Kate so clearly let us and Cpt Lee know. 

I couldn't believe that Chandler yet again ignored Lee's specific instruction to have all the toys out while they set up the beach party. We know that the slide on it's own if a behemoth of a job. I wonder if Chandler has worked for anyone other than Daddy. I also wonder what kind of 'solo stew' Caroline has ever been? Maybe she was a solo stew in a canoe she was paddling?

• Love 17
6 hours ago, mcjen said:

Sometimes, if a crew person has been absent for an entire charter, I'd like to think they might have the honesty to split up their share with the rest of the crew for covering them while they were down (have we ever seen that done?)

I have a vague memory of this happening early. I also remember Danny being given a special tip that was then distributed amongst the rest of the crew. Lee has always said that the tips are divided evenly and if someone isn't pulling their weight, they get their last tip and a ticket home. Not so fast this season, probably because this isn't the Caribbean, but South Pacific. Or so we are being led to believe. I wonder also if some of the guests tip their favourite crew members on the DL. But it isn't fair, as there are plenty of people (including the First Mate and engineers that we only see briefly in the first episode) who are working their tails off also but aren't in the guests' faces. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Blindfox said:

I hate Chandler, but Rhylee is no prize herself. She is really hot-headed. With Chandler being a condescending mysogynistic asshole, it was inevitable they would not get along.

Casting did a great job.  Conflict is the goal :)

I wouldn't want to be on vacation with either one of them.

• Love 6

Wow, caroline is a complete mess! Last charter, she seemed more stable but super attention seeking.  "Oh you want juice, did you see my swollen foot? Look how swollen it is, teehee. Right, juice..." this charter she is looking for trouble.  She hears captain mention purple hearts and instead of thinking "crap well at least Chandler dropped a freaking guest and never apologized" she's thinking "crap captain is totally pissed at ME AND ME ONLY!"  Ok i'm a pretty sensitive worrier but dang, even i want to swat that shivering chihuahua! 

Chandler.  Dude! You dropped a guest, didn't hear captain explain what is going on, you left the beach clean up to interior, and you freaking dropped a guest! And for him to continue with his vendetta against riley, it's just bizarre. 

Josiah's niece is named primrose? Darling! She calls him Sire? Even darlinger. 

Edited by hatchetgirl
Autocorrect is not my friend
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, mcjen said:

Sometimes, if a crew person has been absent for an entire charter, I'd like to think they might have the honesty to split up their share with the rest of the crew for covering them while they were down (have we ever seen that done?) 

I can’t remember if anything like this ever happened on the original Below Deck, but, on the first season of Below Deck: Med, Danny was sick for an entire charter and the rest of the crew was really pissed. Chef Ben suggested he should offer to forfeit his tip (for morale). Danny agreed and he didn’t get a tip for that charter.

During another charter, some of the guests gave Danny an extra tip (Danny tried to help these gross guys pick up young women and they were very appreciative). In that instance, the Captain said the extra tip would go into the communal pot and had to be shared. 

Anyway, I think I’m remembering that correctly... but this was all Captain Mark (who seemed to be the most oblivious Captain ever) so I don’t know how Lee would handle such situations.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

Josiah's niece is named primrose? Darling! She calls him Sire? Even darlinger.

She calls him 'Siah, short for Josiah--or so my closed caption said. Still so cute! I really enjoyed their chat. And I agree, Primrose is such a great name.

• Love 11

Yesterday I took off work to clean the house for Thanksgiving. My 6 year old was home from school. Getting him to pick up hisbtoys from the living room (a project that should have taken minutes ended up taking hours), I had a flash back to nearly every time Caroline is supposed to do something other than laundry.

Distracted, not making efficient use of her time, literally trying to do three things in different locations all at the same time instead of completing one task and moving on to the other. 

For my son, it is a focus issue...well and he’s 6.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

I think there were 2 reasons Caroline wasn’t on the island.  1.  She annoys Kate. 2. She annoys the guests, they totally were picking up on her anxiety.

Agreed. I'd have a terrible time at the pig roast if she was running pell mell all over the place.

• Love 6

Any speculation on why Capt Lee is now using his own website to write his blog and not the Bravo website ?? Did they want him to censor his thoughts?? I enjoy his weekly blogs and the break down of the crew for the weeks charter.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, missyb said:

Any speculation on why Capt Lee is now using his own website to write his blog and not the Bravo website ?? Did they want him to censor his thoughts?? I enjoy his weekly blogs and the break down of the crew for the weeks charter.

I think he just launched a merchandise site, so it directs his fan traffic to a site that directly benefits him instead of the network site.

• Love 6
On 11/21/2018 at 12:27 AM, ninjago said:

Chandler needs to go, but, Rhylee....gee whiz, keep your voice down.  I think she should go, too.  I don't think people who are volatile and, especially, people who get their backs up about "tone", and need to win arguments-or even argue at all-belong in these kind of quasi-military, strictly hierarchical situations.  

That's what bothers me about Rhylee.  Chandler is horrible - We know that.  But this is not regular life.  It's a boat, and he is her superior.   She's always too eager to pounce on him, too ready for a fight, and she lets him get the best of her over and over.  She also seems to enjoy complaining about him to the others.   A far better strategy would be to keep her head down, do her job, and stop jumping on him for every little nuance in his tone that she doesn't like.  She has experience, so she should know that her strategy of being confrontational is inappropriate and unprofessional.  She's clearly unhappy with her role since she's used to being more of a big shot on a boat.  But this is the job she chose.  If she finds Chandler truly unbearable, there are better ways to deal with the situation.  Bickering loudly over and over is ridiculous and is clearly ineffective.  

On 11/21/2018 at 1:51 AM, scrb said:

The crew was messing up, though the guests were high maintenance.  Had to have Bloody Mary for breakfast, then probably drinks with dinner and then was demanding cocktails once they got back.

I don't think what you describe is high-maintenance at all.  I think lots of people do all of that on regular vacations.  And people in this situation are pretty much expected to be drinking a lot all day long.  

• Love 12
On 11/21/2018 at 2:15 AM, scrb said:

On the kid getting a cut, something seems off.  Caroline radioed that there were broken glass and she went back to the galley before the guests arrived on the boat.

Then as they go up the stairs they see the glass and remark on it and the next thing they show is the little kid crying?

Seems like they were warned or at least the Captain and Chandler who were helping them off the tender should have been warned.

It's not like she dropped the glasses and didn't warn anyone.  So what did they do, let the kid run up ahead of everyone else?

Or did they know there was broken glass but thought they could see all of it and was going to try to walk around it?  In that case, one of the adults could have picked up the kids.

Seems like it might have been edited in a certain way to amp up the drama.

Caroline did radio about the broken glass, but she should not have left that area unattended unless someone had radioed back that they were there and taking care of it.  All she had to do was block off the area or stand there to be sure none of the guests (or crew) walked on it.  There's a lot of bare feet on boats, and slivers of glass are hard to see, so "safety first" would be uppermost in my mind.  She knew the guests would be coming back any second and would be walking right there.   And yes, kids do run ahead, or maybe some of the glass was on the steps.   So the way I see it, not only was the broken glass her fault to begin with, but she was even more at fault because she left the area unattended.  That little boy getting cut was completely her fault.

On 11/21/2018 at 2:16 AM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Edited to delete my comment.  I just saw the mod warning.  

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

I don't think what you describe is high-maintenance at all.  I think lots of people do all of that on regular vacations.  And people in this situation are pretty much expected to be drinking a lot all day long.  

I am so relieved to hear you say this. One of the best things about when we go on vacation is having a delicious bloody mary (or caesar, for us Canadians) with brunch, an afternoon martini or G & T, and a glass of wine with dinner!

It's just because.....vacation!

• Love 15
8 hours ago, roundtheworld said:

I still can't get over the fact that the kids were brought back by the deck crew on the small boat WITHOUT LIFE JACKETS and there were so many other horrible things that we didn't even hear Cpt Lee mention it!

I saw that and I was surprised that we didn't get to see Captain Lee "dine out" on it but then I figured, production-wise, bloody kid beats seeing Captain Lee chew out Chandler........again. Children on a tender with no jackets? That deserves a royal, first-class, A#1, 5*, take-no-prisoners  ass chewing!

• Love 10

I have questions about the mess that Kate and Josiah came back to,  I was so focused on Chandler's ineptitude and night time quickly approaching that I didn't think about what should be happening on the boat.  Caroline was there the entire time and I would suppose that she continue her daily routine of laundry/cleaning common areas and turn down the state rooms. And then what?  Adrian probably left a mess in the kitchen and was on island until late.  We usually see him cleaning up as he goes but the end mess is usually cleaned up by interior and/or a deck crew member if interior is swamped.  I wonder if Caroline as well as Chandler are the kind of people who do what is asked and not one thing more.  Kate was so upset that she went to the Captain because she had to be responsible for cleaning up the party and for the mess that was just left on the boat.  Did Caroline consider it a "free" night when the guests were away?  That kitchen should have been spotless and everything (oranges squeezed) ready to go for the morning.

I also get the feeling, based on different people's reactions to Caroline, that her nasty exchanges go on for much longer than we have seen.  The show needs to only show a small part for the viewers to get the gist of the situation.  When people begin avoiding interactions with her and taking everything she says in the worst light from the get go, they have learned that she is someone that doesn't listen and you can never "win" because there are no true conversations with her.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, rehoboth said:

Kate was so upset that she went to the Captain because she had to be responsible for cleaning up the party and for the mess that was just left on the boat.

I think that the mess was all the used dishes, food and items that they brought back from the beach dinner.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, 1SimonMom said:

Great question, RoundTheWorld about why the kids did not have life vests on.  I don't have twitter so could who has twitter ask Capt. Lee why the kids did not have life vest, who was running the boat?

Thanks.

It didn't even click with me that Kate and Josiah were joking and wearing those vests after the party. 

• Love 7
On 11/21/2018 at 12:21 PM, Neurochick said:

The woman Chandler “dropped “ was probably three sheets to the wind, still he should have apologized, just because she was a guest.

If she was tipsy, all the more reason for Chandler to walk her all the way up the slippery walkway.  I have been a guest on a yacht with a captain and he knew (because he told us) he was responsible for our safety at all times.  That would include getting a passenger from the dinghy to the picnic onshore.

• Love 8
On 11/20/2018 at 10:57 PM, VagueDisclaimer said:

These people are beyond understanding. She has some other complimentary tweets and she also has this one lol

Am I reading this wrong, or was the boy with the glass injury Captain Lee's grandson?

18 minutes ago, dgreen66 said:

Am I reading this wrong, or was the boy with the glass injury Captain Lee's grandson?

I believe they just mean he reacted like grandfather, which he is, not an actual relation.

• Love 11

I could watch those two kids eating for 10 minutes!  They rarely complain.  The little girl especially has great manners. Just calmly eating her food.  All it would take for my kids would be to hear the words 'stuffed mushrooms' and there would have been panic and crying about it. Not to mention the GREEN things in the middle of the mushrooms that were 'touching' them!  These kids are the best.

• Love 11

Chandler did not drop the guest. He actually put her ashore on the sand and the guest took a step over to the concrete. Now, he did do the rest of the stuff !  

Edited by missyb
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, missyb said:

Chandler did not drop the guest. He actually put her ashore on the sand and the guest took a step over to the concrete. Now, he did do the rest of the stuff !  

“I’m placing you on the sand because the walkway here is too slippery to use. I’ll assist you to where you need to be”, was what was missing. 

• Love 20
4 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

“I’m placing you on the sand because the walkway here is too slippery to use. I’ll assist you to where you need to be”, was what was missing. 

Yeah, he didn't complete the job. I was on a trip where there were transfers from zodiac to ship, or zodiac to shore, and the crew were very very observant and made sure that you were completely stable before they moved away. Of course they knew what their job was and took it seriously.

• Love 11

Where can I find the  Below Deck After show?  I tried "on demand" but all they have are the regular shows.

ETA: Found it. Just Google "Below Decks After Show". There's a series of about 14 vignettes of interviews. Fun.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Eater of Worlds said:

So the Below Deck After Show said that Kate was harder on Chandler than we saw.  I'm also curious why he had only one shoe one.  That's also explained in the  after show, but Bravo doesn't bother to caption them so I'm left wondering.

Good because she wasn’t hard on him at all. Holding off ice cream until the work is done is not even being hard on a five year old who hasn’t finished his chores.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Good because she wasn’t hard on him at all. Holding off ice cream until the work is done is not even being hard on a five year old who hasn’t finished his chores.

Right? My kids know, every night, no dessert until your rooms are cleaned. I'm guessing Chandler was very spoiled as a child.

• Love 4

I thought Ross had said early on that he was previously a bosun and that he took this job because he needed the money.  I hope that Chandler is at least demoted, and that Ross is promoted.  The previews have Chandler continuing to give Rhylee a rough time so I wondered if that will actually happen since it appears they opted not to throw him overboard.  Chandler's mistakes to date have been mind-boggling.  Calling Kate a glorified housekeeper has me questioning his sanity and the innate need for self-preservation.  She may have to kill him.  My sympathy flip-flops with Rhylee because on one hand, she may be right about her treatment by Chandler and on the other hand, she acts as if she's been raised by wolves.  Seems Chandler isn't the only one who's had issues with her. She can be a PITA.  

I didn't expect to like Ashton after watching the crew wait around for him when he didn't want to leave the club in one of the earlier episodes but he's really grown on me.  He's not lazy and he's not mean spirited.  Assumed it was him in the car with someone next week?  Wondered if it was Rhylee or the girl he was dancing with.  Whoever, seems he's good at more than just boat stuff...

Liking this season, aside from Chandler, the ice cream eating inept idiot and Caroline, the paranoid head case.  Love that it isn't Hannah, the dog in heat and that the crew isn't there just to hook up.  What a difference from some of the other seasons.  

Edited by Kareem
Voice text. smh
  • Love 10

I set my cat down on the ground after picking him up with more care than Chandler did with the guest.  I always make sure all four paws are on the ground and that he has his balance/steadiness on his own before I let go.

I would think anyone would be even more careful carrying and putting down a human being, esp a female & guest.

His poor father must be mortified seeing him this season.

Edited by PumpkinPK
  • Love 19
54 minutes ago, PumpkinPK said:

would think anyone would be even more careful carrying and putting down a human being, esp a female & guest.

Yeah all he had to do was say “walk on the sand because the concrete is very slippery.” He was aware because they had a slipped on it when setting up and lots of people, myself included, might choose to walk on a harder surface if that was an available option.

• Love 11

I think this post from Kate's Twitter feed says it all.   There are different kinds of boats that serve different kinds of purposes.    The nature of various positions varies as a result.   What a bosun does on a fishing boat is likely a lot different than what a bosun does on a yacht - or at least around the edges...and enough to matter.

I think yachting is too "big" for Chandler.  He probably does quite well where smaller boats are concerned.   Caroline doesn't belong on a small yacht.  I could see her working housekeeping on a cruise ship, though.   Riley needs to stick with fishing boats.

Chandler was a mess, but it's clear he was out of his element.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, PumpkinPK said:

I set my cat down on the ground after picking him up with more care than Chandler did with the guest.  I always make sure all four paws are on the ground and that he has his balance/steadiness on his own before I let go.

I would think anyone would be even more careful carrying and putting down a human being, esp a female & guest.

His poor father must be mortified seeing him this season.

Yep, and he only has himself to blame for raising a special class of snowflake. 

• Love 9
On 11/20/2018 at 6:45 PM, Emmeline said:

I can’t believe I defending Chandler on the guest drop but, to me it looked like he set her down in the sand and then she stepped onto that slippery strip of rock.  That particular guest is a “B”.

The crew knew the walkway was slippery and I think even Chandler did.  He definitely is at fault.  The next lady even announced she was walking in on the sand after seeing that disaster.  Common sense.  Or as someone said, lay down a towel or mat.

On 11/20/2018 at 6:57 PM, TexasGal said:

The cut from Chandler bitching about taking orders from Kate, to Ashton scrubbing glasses and Ross toting bags without a complaint pretty much says it all.  If she’s a glorified housekeeper, what the heck are you Chandler.  Oh, right.  Useless.

Like Bloody Marys are so exotic and difficult.  Eye roll.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:03 PM, bosawks said:

Nobody older than 8 should whine about not getting their ice cream before the job is finished.

C’mon Chandler.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:07 PM, Skycatcher said:

Once again we sit through an hour of FUBAR, yet are denied the satisfaction of any retribution. Stay tuned next week...... and the next, and the next. Previews promise action but I've already been burned by previews.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:08 PM, QuinnM said:

Notice who the Captain asked about the reef and boat docking?  Ross not Chandler.

Seriously love Ashton and Ross just rolling up their sleeves and getting shit done.  

On 11/20/2018 at 7:10 PM, ghoulina said:

I swear, I LIVED for the minute I heard Kate tell him, "Chandler, come up and start washing dishes!

And he has the nerve to call her a glorified housekeeper??? You're a glorified pool boy and you SUCK at it. Kate's competency outshines you on every level. 

I have to say, I do feel for Rhylee. It's quite obvious that Chandler unfairly targets her. But she needs to refrain from blowing up at him. Not only is it unprofessional within earshot of the guests; but all she does is validate his preconceived notions of her. I'd love for her to just kill with kindness instead. 

Oh, well, no worries. He's going home. He has to be! And the world of yachting will cheer. 

On 11/20/2018 at 7:32 PM, Pickles said:

I was hoping chandler was going home, but he was in the previews for next week. Ughhhh.

I'm hoping those previews were of Chandler saying goodbye!  He was saying "some people aren't meant for this industry....."  But I could be mistaken, their editing and cliffhanger-upon-cliffhanger previews are giving me headaches.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:37 PM, Marley said:

I like this show but they are dragging shit out too much. Chandler needs to go he is such an asshole and seems misogynistic. Kate did a better job getting shit done in one night then he has the whole time. He sucks at communicating and sucks at managing. He also would prob suck as a deckhand too because I’m sure he could never take direction from anyone. Ross should be bosun.

If I had Caroline waiting on me it would give me anxiety lol.

All, so true.  Kate better by far, and Caroline is a disaster for any guest.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:33 PM, TexasGal said:

Ross was definitely the closest thing to a bosun tonight - Capt Lee consulting him about the reefs, and then he calmed Rhylee down and sent her off duty when she and Chandler were butting heads.

Someone said this last week, I think, but we saw even more this week that Ashton is totally who Joao thinks he is.  I really liked that he was happy to have someone, anyone, take charge and give them orders.  He didn’t care if it was a woman or the chief stew, he just got down and did what needed to be done. 

I love these comments.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:53 PM, AttackTurtle said:

To a certain extent, Ross really has already stepped into the bosun role.   He’s consulting the Captain about the reefs, he’s praising Rhylee, he’s constantly working.  Im sure that the editing has exaggerated Chandler’s lazieness a bit, but he completely lost any semblance of respect when he called Kate a glorified housekeeper.  I know his radio is usually off, but Captain clearly said that the deck crew was hers as long as she needed them.   Chandler is too dense to catch the clue that his failures were now affecting the interior.  

And again, Caroline needs to be gone.  She is not mentally fit for reality t.v..

On 11/20/2018 at 7:40 PM, Jextella said:

I didn't think I'd like him, but he grew on me fast.  He's got his you-know-what together.  

Tonight's episode was like a drama for me.   I tensed up from the moment Chandler dropped the woman all the way to the end because of all the little kids running around.  I thought one would fall overboard and get chopped up by a motor.  What an absolute clusterfuck.  It's a safety issue at this point and Chandler, Caroline, and Riley need to go.

Kate said it best when she told Chandler that if he didn't understand why she was calling the shots, she can't help him.  

I'm hoping the previews are wrong and he's toast - or minimally demoted.

Sorry, I record and then watch the show on Saturday, so am catching up.  You guys have hit so many homeruns with these comments, these just some from page one.

Who does Kate tell has to be off off the ship one hour?    Could be Caroline, Rhylee, or Chandler.  I don't know the layout of the quarters, but I don't think that's Chandler's room which is right off the crew kitchen.  Caroline is giving the Capt. her side "from the beginning...." so perhaps it's her.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Leon was given a ticket home - he comes to mind.

There was also a deckhand who got wasted when the crew was on a “reward” overnight, freaked out/annoyed the women and than was belligerent with Eddie so the Captain sent the tender to pick him and then sent him home. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MajorNelson said:

Who does Kate tell has to be off off the ship one hour?    Could be Caroline, Rhylee, or Chandler.  I don't know the layout of the quarters, but I don't think that's Chandler's room which is right off the crew kitchen.  Caroline is giving the Capt. her side "from the beginning...." so perhaps it's her.

So based on the previews-this is what I think:

Spoiler

Caroline goes home because Rhylee is next to Ashton when he goes overboard & gets injured. Unless that happens next week, Rhylee stays (for now). 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Leon was given a ticket home - he comes to mind.

Oh, I remember Leon, of the beef cheeks. Besides his general attitude, I remember those very health-conscious guests (I think they were bodybuilders) and they requested protein shakes. Leon offered them some boxed Ensure shakes. They were like, “yeah, we’ll just have egg whites.” He was a horrible chef.

I was more responding to the previous poster that I couldn’t recall if there was anyone on the original BD who offered to give up a tip because they were sick. Or someone else who was given an extra tip and made to share.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

There was also a deckhand who got wasted when the crew was on a “reward” overnight, freaked out/annoyed the women and than was belligerent with Eddie so the Captain sent the tender to pick him and then sent him home. 

Tall dude with a little pony tail named Dane, if I remember right.  He obviously had an alcohol problem.  I don't remember if he'd had any deckhand experience before the show but he didn't understand that you had to stay up in the captains deck area (mind went blank) during anchor watch.  Or that even if the guests tell you it's ok to put your bathing suit on and get in the jacuzzi with them-- it's not.  He seemed clueless most of the time. Big smile and clueless.

• Love 4

I hope they bring back Josiah to work with Kate for next season!! She really seems to hit it off with him and is less bored/snarky.  Love watching them on the Below Deck After Shows!  She's a hoot!  (Thanks to Skycatcher for the link to see the After Shows)

I hope the show goes back to the Caribbean next year.  Many islands are back in business.  We were on St Croix last spring and it was great.   They seem to be able to do more excursions without all the choppy water and questionable beaches in the Caribbean. 

• Love 6
On 11/23/2018 at 8:56 AM, Reality police said:

It didn't even click with me that Kate and Josiah were joking and wearing those vests after the party. 

I assumed there was another pair put on them, but who knows?  I guess with a couple of you guys pointing out a possible lapse, there is fair chance they were tendered back without life preservers.  Bizarre if true.

Edit: saw a video with everyone going back to the yacht after the beach event, and the two kids do not have their life preservers on,

bd as e8 ScreenShot004-min.PNG

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 5