Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Flesh Wounds Are Not Five-Star

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Wait!!!????  Wasn't that last week?  Oh yeah, it's squeezing out the last possible drop of fake "drama". Note - it's not drama if it drags on and on.  I know that's how reality TV works, but it seems especially egregious on this show, this season.

I'm still waiting for the "man overboard" moment that was previewed weeks ago.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 13

I expected Caroline to be given her ticket home by now. Her being “frazzled” is keeping the guests from relaxing and feeling catered to. 

I dont know who is going to go overboard, but I bet everyone secretly wishes it was Chandler. 

• Love 10

How is it possible that they do not have any orange juice ready in the morning?  On previous season I thought they sometimes made it the night before.

I can’t believe I defending Chandler on the guest drop but, to me it looked like he set her down in the sand and then she stepped onto that slippery strip of rock.  That particular guest is a “B”.

What did Caroline do?  Drop the glass and walk away.  

Now that was interesting because I always wondered if the captain gets part of the tip, now I know.

Edited by Emmeline
Added
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Why are Chandler and Caroline still on that boat?

It would be so boring without them lol.

Twin disasters that bring the fun!

eta: and Rhylee with her own style of crrazy.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

The cut from Chandler bitching about taking orders from Kate, to Ashton scrubbing glasses and Ross toting bags without a complaint pretty much says it all.  If she’s a glorified housekeeper, what the heck are you Chandler.  Oh, right.  Useless.

Like Bloody Marys are so exotic and difficult.  Eye roll.

I know. I could make a variety of drinks by the time I was six. Not for me, my parents entertained alot.

• Love 9

I like this show but they are dragging shit out too much. Chandler needs to go he is such an asshole and seems misogynistic. Kate did a better job getting shit done in one night then he has the whole time. He sucks at communicating and sucks at managing. He also would prob suck as a deckhand too because I’m sure he could never take direction from anyone. Ross should be bosun.

If I had Caroline waiting on me it would give me anxiety lol.

• Love 18
55 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

What did Caroline do?  Drop the glass and walk away.

Yes!  Who doesn't know to block the area off and make it very visible that there is glass.  I would have even called for someone to bring up a broom, dust pan and whatever else needed to clear, and make sure it's cleared, the glass.

36 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Chandler really is the effing worst. I loved how Kate handled him, she was 100% within her rights to take big boy’s ice cream away. Glorified housekeeper? That glorified housekeeper is responsible for him having that tip money in his pocket. 

The interior, specifically Kate and Josiah, are doing a FANTASTIC job.  I am convinced they are the reason for the tip.  I am glad that Captain Lee notices that Chandler is the weakest link on the exterior.

30 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Caroline is saved only by the fact that Chandler outdid her in the fuckery.

Plus she took blame for the incident and apologized to all concerned.

28 minutes ago, Reality police said:

I know. I could make a variety of drinks by the time I was six. Not for me, my parents entertained alot.

Me too!  The 60s and 70s were the era of the home bar and cocktail party for the neighbors.  At 18 I hired myself out as a bartender for private parties and made great money during college.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 16
38 minutes ago, hoosiermommy said:

I am constantly surprised at how much I like Ashton. He works hard, stays above the drama and seems like a good guy.

I didn't think I'd like him, but he grew on me fast.  He's got his you-know-what together.  

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I was hoping chandler was going home, but he was in the previews for next week. Ughhhh.

3 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I did like how Caroline interacted with the children. She was all kinds of sweet to them. 

Tonight's episode was like a drama for me.   I tensed up from the moment Chandler dropped the woman all the way to the end because of all the little kids running around.  I thought one would fall overboard and get chopped up by a motor.  What an absolute clusterfuck.  It's a safety issue at this point and Chandler, Caroline, and Riley need to go.

Kate said it best when she told Chandler that if he didn't understand why she was calling the shots, she can't help him.  

I'm hoping the previews are wrong and he's toast - or minimally demoted.

• Love 11

I wonder if Bravo will comp that family for that shitshow. Those kids were extremely well behaved and rolled with the punches and Dad was so low keyed and helpful, but they did NOT have 5 star service.  Chandler, I gave you every opportunity but you are a not your father, unless he’s also an arrogant asshole.There is not one positive thing I can say. Ashton, Ross and Josiah have all grown on me. I feel for Rhylee but she is the kind of employee that is really hard to be around, but Chandler has no idea how to manage her.  Caroline!!! This is not the job for you.  Kate, this seems like a hard season for you but you are handling it better than Hannah would have.

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

I wonder if Bravo will comp that family for that shitshow.

I feel like the guests all get some sort of "discount" just for being on the show.

58 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Please tell me why Chandler isn’t off this yacht?

There may not be any replacement available.  And he certainly brings the FUBAR reality shows thrive on.

• Love 4

I think Chandler will be demoted.  I think that something happens with Rhylee after they go out and she is the one fired. The preview looked like there was issues with her in the van. 

Caroline seemed to be walking around in circles after she dropped the glass. Of course, that could be editing.  I would be furious if my child got cut on broken glass.  If she couldn't clean it up in time, she should have stayed with the glass to warn them not to get off the tender until it could be cleaned up. 

• Love 8

Demote Chandler and promote Ross to bosun.  And send Chandler in when interior needs help from the crew.  He too will be a gloried housekeeper.  And he at the very least should have apologize to the guest for the fall she took and I'm glad she called him out.

Time to send Caroline home.  She's just not cut out for this.  She did try to radio Capt. Lee that there was glass on the deck so I can't completely blame her.

• Love 13

Those kids were adorable and so well behaved. Caroline did radio about broken glass to captain so no I won't blame her for handling it bc as a mom (or childcare professional)  it comes with experience.  Normally I would run off to get clean up gear/vacuum. But after having kids, I know you NEVER walk away from broken glass unless they're explicitly contained elsewhere before you begin. 

Caroline is not only frazzled but her responses are so fuc*ing annoying and call attention to the fact that any little thing is an EFFORT on her part - it shouldn't be that way!  Even if it's hard or you don't know how to do it, say "no problem! Sure I can!" She comes off pathetic. Didn't she ever hear the expression "fake it til you make it"!? I know she liked that little boy but the way she coughed one minute then smooched all over him the next was grimy. I don't like virtual strangers touching or kissing my kids! She was too much with it and parents seemed taken aback.

I like Josiah. He's chill and capable and so pretty.  Adorable when calling his sister and niece. 

I feel Chandler and Kate are both on xanex or something . They fought but somehow it's the calmest fight I've ever seen. Chandler should walk around like Caroline for the amount of shit he's in and how much he's messed up. But hes alwaysy so calm and clueless.  What's in that ice cream?!

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 11

Accidents happen, glasses break. She did try to radio someone but I wouldn’t have left the area until I got help or until I could inform the guests that were arriving at that moment, so that the area could be avoided. That’s my criticism of this situation. 

That aside, Caroline is underqualified and overwhelmed and clutching her stomach as her anxiety is basically choking her. She’s miserable. And next week she’s going to go after Kate, even to the captain about her? That won’t make the stomachaches go away. She lacks basic awareness and suffers from a persecution complex, as well as major paranoia. Please, go home. Unfortunately, judging by her antics on social media, distance has not given her any perspective.

Whereas I can drudge up some minor understanding of why Caroline is the way she is, I can’t do that for Chandler. He is a disrespectful, misogynistic, condescending, useless prick. He dropped a guest, he left behind Kate and Josiah to do his and his crew’s jobs, he was rude to the guests, completely disrespectful to the Chief Stew(and the Captain), and bitched about ice cream like an entitled little brat. Those kids showed more maturity than Chandler.

I also get the impression that Chandler will be demoted instead of fired. I’m not sure why other than Bravo, because this kind of incompetence and bad attitude isn’t helpful at any level. Poor Ross having to delegate to Chandler, even telling him when he can or can’t sleep. But I think Ill enjoy him having to eat shit as a subordinate.

As opposed to Caroline, Rhylee IS being bullied and unfairly targeted by her boss. I don’t blame her for losing it with Chandler, but I wish she wouldn’t. It doesn’t help. Of course, her trying her damnedest also doesn’t help either, so she’s kinda screwed no matter what she does. 

I think Caroline is going home, Chandler is denoted, Ashton is the one who gets injured(and also goes home) with Rhylee saving him. 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

If vans were on the table why wasn’t that decided as soon as Chandler and Ross has scoped out the beach?

I took it that it was a timing issue. They couldn't navigate the life boat around reefs in the dark. Once the setup dragged on for wayyyy too long, Captain hatched that 'plan B' with Vans. I don't think it was on the table bc captain's expectation was that Chandler would hurry the f up with setup & they'd be back on yacht by dark . But I guess he hasn't *met* Chandler. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I did like how Caroline interacted with the children. She was all kinds of sweet to them. 

I really didn’t like how she grabbed his face and kissed him without really interacting with him. Also, in the morning she didn’t make any attempt to find out the answer to his simple question “what direction are we going in?”

1 minute ago, Kdawg82 said:

I took it that it was a timing issue. They couldn't navigate the life boat around reefs in the dark. Once the setup dragged on for wayyyy too long, Captain hatched that 'plan B' with Vans. I don't think it was on the table bc captain's expectation was that Chandler would hurry the f up with setup & they'd be back on yacht by dark . But I guess he hasn't *met* Chandler. 

My point was that it was always going to be a tight timing issue given when the sun went down, they were only 10 minutes behind and the initial plan was to rush the on to the tinder and cut their time short, it just seemed common sense to give up on that plan as soon as they knew it couldn’t be navigated after dark which they knew at 2:30.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

I really didn’t like how she grabbed his face and kissed him without really interacting with him. Also, in the morning she didn’t make any attempt to find out the answer to his simple question “what direction are we going in?”

Same. Don’t kiss kids you barely know and aren’t related to. It’s weird, even if you think they’re super sweet. And yeah, he doesn’t understand “You’re asking the wrong person!” cause he’s 4. “I’m not sure, I’ll ask the Captain/the crew” would be really simple, but she was so frazzled at that point and barely keeping it together enough to fuck up the drinks, it just wasn’t a priority, I guess. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Kate said it best when she told Chandler that if he didn't understand why she was calling the shots, she can't help him.  

I'm hoping the previews are wrong and he's toast - or minimally demoted.

He really is too much.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Same. Don’t kiss kids you barely know and aren’t related to. It’s weird, even if you think they’re super sweet. And yeah, he doesn’t understand “You’re asking the wrong person!” cause he’s 4. “I’m not sure, I’ll ask the Captain/the crew” would be really simple, but she was so frazzled at that point and barely keeping it together enough to fuck up the drinks, it just wasn’t a priority, I guess. 

I am so happy that I’m not alone on this. If she started kissing my son’s face, I would have told her to back the “f” off and I’m pretty chill as a parent.  If you’re not mommy/daddy/grandma/auntie,   keep you’re lips off the kid.

I just don’t think Chandler will be cool with a demotion.  I see him leaving.  Captain is too harsh on him on social media for me to believe he stays on as a deckhand.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I can’t believe I defending Chandler on the guest drop but, to me it looked like he set her down in the sand and then she stepped onto that slippery strip of rock.  That particular guest is a “B”.

Chandler is a total ass, but he set that lady down on the sand, and then she stepped on the rock and fell.  He didn't drop her, or even set her on the rock.  Was she drunk?  She was talking to him in such a petulant, kind of flirty, baby-voiced way.  I think she was the grandma.

Chandler needs to go, but, Rhylee....gee whiz, keep your voice down.  I think she should go, too.  I don't think people who are volatile and, especially, people who get their backs up about "tone", and need to win arguments-or even argue at all-belong in these kind of quasi-military, strictly hierarchical situations.  

• Love 16

I think Chandler is gone (and not just demoted) because of two things in the previews - what he says when you see him combined with

Ross having two stripes on his epaulets instead of the one stripe he has at the end of this episode.

Ashton being so happy that he had to follow Kate's orders really endeared him to me. That and whistling while washing the dishes. I don't know what the hell Caroline was rambling about when he said that the laundry he was folding looked like it needed to be ironed - I mean, I understood what she was actually saying but I didn't understand how it was in any way a response to what Ashton was saying.

Edited by Luciano
  • Love 15

I need a full body massage to work out all the tension I’ve got from this episode. My shoulders were up past my ears by the end. WHY OH WHY couldn’t all of this have happened to the “Where the F are my nuts, this is unacceptable!” women instead of this nice group of people?

I would like to know if Chandler told the woman he was setting her on the sand because the walkway was slippery.  If he did then the fall is on her for stepping on it anyway, he absolutely did not drop her.  Speaking of drop, wouldn’t that slick spot have been a good place to lay one of those drop towels for safety? I hope Chandler’s father has given him a serious talking to after seeing his abhorrent behaviors.

Unicorn Chef said he’s just going to be professional with Caroline, but to not respond when she greets him is not professional. He has some growing up to do in that area. Caroline never told him to nor expected him to take on her problems. He’s blaming her for his own sensitivity. I’m not saying she would be fun to work with, but I’ve dealt with way worse and know that it can be done without being a dick about it.

Caroline needs a job in a quiet place with predictable tasks and no spontaneity whatsoever. Girl can’t even pretend not to go frantic over a request for orange juice.

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 17
48 minutes ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

These people are beyond understanding. She has some other complimentary tweets and she also has this one lol

That is hysterical.  I'm glad they are watching and confirmed the buffoonery.  Although, I'm starting to feel bad for Chandler.  This could be career-ending....or make someone so depressed they do something drastic.  I think Bravo has to watch this kind of thing a little more closely.  One day it's gonna happen.

10 minutes ago, Luciano said:

I think Chandler is gone (and not just demoted) because of two things in the previews - what he says when you see him combined with

Reveal hidden contents

Ross having two stripes on his epaulets instead of the one stripe he has at the end of this episode

Holy smokes!  Impressive catch!

10 minutes ago, Irritable said:

Caroline needs a job in a quiet place.

Hysterical.  I'm feeling bad for Caroline as well at this point. 

I hope she and Chandler and Riley take their participation on the show as a learning moment.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I wonder if Bravo will comp that family for that shitshow. Those kids were extremely well behaved and rolled with the punches and Dad was so low keyed and helpful, but they did NOT have 5 star service.

They've already been comped. This trip cost them $50,000 instead of $200,000, which would be the regular cost.

Caroline has no resilience. When bad things or challenges arise, she has no ability to adapt quickly. She couldn't think quickly once she dropped the glass. She kept calling the deck crew and got no answer. The thing she should have done once she realized the guests were very close to boarding and she had no way of quickly cleaning it up is to stand there and warn the guests to not come up those stairs and she'd have the 4 other glasses to serve to the guests.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, 12momine said:

I’d rather deal with the kids on this charter than the dropped old lady, Caroline, Chandler or Rhylee. 

The crew was messing up, though the guests were high maintenance.  Had to have Bloody Mary for breakfast, then probably drinks with dinner and then was demanding cocktails once they got back.

Give your livers a rest.

Or if they're going to pay all that money, they might as well get their money's worth of booze?

The woman wouldn't stop going on about falling.  I don't think she was dropped, she seemed to lose her balance as Chandler let go of her.

I can't believe it was a surprise to them that there are low reefs all over the coast.  Dumb idea to take the tenders there rather than drop them off at the dock and then taxi them over or find a spot near the dock.

Chandler certainly deserves demotion or being fired.  But geez, he just set the ice cream out to thaw.

If he does get knocked down a peg or two or sent home, the sanctimony from Rhylee will be unbearable.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 3