Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

jamesddog30
  • Start Topic

Abner clearly doesn’t know the definition of the word “mentor.”

When he kept referring to Ikaika as being “racially confused”, he sounded like me parents who don’t approve of their children who identify as anything other than being heterosexual. I can’t even begin to think about what type of chaplain he is. 🙄

Lastly, if he says “politics” or “enforcer” one more time...

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Bridget said:

racially confused

Apparently this is a Big Deal in men’s prisons.

I knew this white guy who was in CYA (California Youth Authority) in his teens.  He ended up getting Swastika tatooes on his arms and one hand, SS and the whole Aryan Peckerwood BS.  His brothers, one of them his twin, no less, dated black girls. So of course me being me I asked him about it.  He said he joined because he HAD to, got the tattoes  because he HAD to, it didn’t mean anything outside of a prison environment. He didn’t consider himself a racist.  I said what does that swastika on your hand mean, then?  He said , and I quote, “when I shake your hand it means I hate you, n*****.”

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I think what makes this season a little less interesting then the other seasons is that whoever picked the fake mates actually did a good job.  The one nut bag tapped out early.  Even Right Wing Blonde Barbie is actually doing what she is supposed to be doing.  While other seasons you had everyone falling into different degrees of insanity and treating this like a love connection, job interview, or a contest  this season seems more like everyone is attempting to actually fit in with the inmates which is what they are supposed to do....but doesn't make for good tv.

That being said the mens side all need to watch that they don't cross any lines especially Abner who is walking a very thin line.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, kicotan said:

Apparently this is a Big Deal in men’s prisons.

I knew this white guy who was in CYA (California Youth Authority) in his teens.  He ended up getting Swastika tatooes on his arms and one hand, SS and the whole Aryan Peckerwood BS.  His brothers, one of them his twin, no less, dated black girls. So of course me being me I asked him about it.  He said he joined because he HAD to, got the tattoes  because he HAD to, it didn’t mean anything outside of a prison environment. He didn’t consider himself a racist.  I said what does that swastika on your hand mean, then?  He said , and I quote, “when I shake your hand it means I hate you, n*****.”

I understand the need for people to do “necessary things” in order to survive in specific locations, but Abner has got to be the least articulate “mentor” I have ever encountered.

The way Abner kept saying that ”Ikaika is racially confused” was what was confusing to me as a viewer. We know Abner doesn’t have the biggest vocabulary or basic understanding of what some words mean, but it would have been much more clear to the audience had he explained what he meant by the phrase “racially confused.” (Pick a racial identity in order to go along with the unwritten rules of jail/prison.)

I wish he would have clarified his train of thought by providing an example in a talking head or better yet, explaining it explicitly and directly to Ikaika. 

Too bad that the “mentor” didn’t say something like “Listen, this is how it works in here. You might not like it, but there is a method to the madness. I understand you come from a multi-cultural home, but that doesn’t matter in here. For safety reasons, you need to choose a side or suffer the consequences.”

I read the previous posts that Ikaika had been in trouble with the law before this stay in jail. I’m not defending him at all (I always Ffwd through the fights - I just can’t watch that stuff), but I find Abner’s behavior beyond puzzling. The guy is now a freakin chaplain, yet he has appeared to spiral so quickly into the “tough and non-communicative guy” category who is doing the exact opposite of mentoring anyone. That particular  aspect alone fascinates me. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

I read the previous posts that Ikaika had been in trouble with the law before this stay in jail. I’m not defending him at all (I always Ffwd through the fights - I just can’t watch that stuff), but I find Abner’s behavior beyond puzzling. The guy is now a freakin chaplain, yet he has appeared to spiral so quickly into the “tough and non-communicative guy” category who is doing the exact opposite of mentoring anyone. That particular  aspect alone fascinates me. 

He is also the only one of the group who has done time before and has been a gang banger.    He is the one who as real life knowledge of how things work not only in a jail setting but in a prison one as well.  

• Love 5

Abner's head is growing bigger and bigger with each passing day. He's absolutely loving the ego boost. I so wish someone would put him in check, and put him in his place. He needs to be held accountable, and have charges brought against him for battery. He commited a crime knowing he was being filmed. What a punk. But I'm sure he will get special treatment, and be allowed to continue to act like an idiot since he's a participant on the show, and his behavior will be excused because the drama he creates brings in viewership ratings. He deserves to be in there like the rest of them, as far as I'm concerned. He's absolutely loving the ego boost. You can tell he feels right at home. He keeps trying to convince everyone of what they should or shouldn't be doing in order to avoid drama, but he is the main one causing most of the drama and conflict. Constantly getting people all riled up...the exact opposite of what David is doing. David talks people down. He doesn't have to resort to violence to feel like a man. Although he is also getting a little too big for his britches...but it doesn't bother me so much since he is actually doing some good in there, and being a true mentor, convincing people to think about their actions before they make the wrong choices.

Edited by SallySarue
Forgot David's name for a minute
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 2/16/2019 at 2:05 PM, Bridget said:

Too bad that the “mentor” didn’t say something like “Listen, this is how it works in here. You might not like it, but there is a method to the madness. I understand you come from a multi-cultural home, but that doesn’t matter in here. For safety reasons, you need to choose a side or suffer the consequences.”

He did say it, not in a martha stewart way but he said it.

On 2/18/2019 at 8:45 PM, SallySarue said:

Abner's head is growing bigger and bigger with each passing day. He's absolutely loving the ego boost. I so wish someone would put him in check, and put him in his place. He needs to be held accountable, and have charges brought against him for battery.

Next ep is crying

• Love 2

So Abner....

he slapped the kid. But it wasn’t him who flashed him up - which want taken as an assault but an initiation, right? 

Maybe I missed something there? 

And he did tell him- why he needed to choose sides quickly. The real world and prison aren’t the same. Of course, this is Jail- not prison. But still. It’s still seems to be this way in that jail through and through- echoed by many not just him. 

But dude- David? The cop? How much more humble can one guy be. NOT.  I’m so over hearing how EVERYONE listens to him! True leaders don’t have to continually look into the camera and remind everyone what a leader they are. Hoping he’s not undercover in real life anytime soon .... he couldn’t stand to not say anything. He had to let the guard know “who he was” ummm I’m just thinking he might need a different profession. The whole cop vibe- of serving and investigating and confidentiality- doesn’t seem to be his gig. 

• Love 9

Abner~ totally enjoying reliving his “glory days”~ explaining all the “rules” and then “enforcing” them as if he is really important outside of the jail walls as well.  

David~they call him Prince! Bwahahahaha!  Just think how absolutely stupid they are all gonna feel when they eventually find out he’s not only a plant, but a cop as well.

Mark~the superfan, has now been endowed with importance amongst the “woods”~ I can’t stop laughing.  Probably because I actually knew “woods” who would take one look at him and make them their permanent bitch, not a spokesman for the group.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Wow, Prince, what a chump.  Puts everyone in danger and is angry when he gets called out on it. He just became an inmate, he didn't do anything for his "mission". 

The girls though, that chick that called the three plants out has been in the system enough to know what to look for. It really was only a matter of time until someone opened their eyes and saw that indeed, they are too nice looking and have all their teeth, to be an inmate.

Next week will be interesting with David all holier than thou. Guy makes my skin crawl. I really hope AB will be okay. He needs to get out and do some serious soul searching to find out why and how he was so easily sucked back into his gangster life. I can totally see him back in jail for real next time. Hope not, but I think he may be headed that way.

• Love 4

I think it's interesting how last season in Atlanta(?) the guys were coupled up into small cells and the women had the dorm style and in this jail it's opposite, especially since the women seem to get along better than the men. 

David ..... ew.  What an asshole.  Every time he caught a glimpse of himself in a window he would literally flex his muscles.  Tool, tool, tool.

I don't understand how Mark is second-in-command when he doesn't do anything except read the Bible.  Can someone explain how this can be?

So Mark and Abner are the only remaining men.  Is this a much smaller cast this year?

I would go crazy being locked up with all those women.  I  would either kill or be killed the first week I was there.  Lucky for me I lead a clean life.

This is a really boring season but I'm going to stick it out.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, slasherboy said:

I don't understand how Mark is second-in-command when he doesn't do anything except read the Bible.  Can someone explain how this can be?

He proved himself by standing up to the DOs during his spar with the razor (I think).   That gave him some street cred.  Plus he did some peace keeping.  So he rose up the ranks.  Its actually not a bad storyline considering its reality tv and he seems to be the guy with the most level head.  I mean seriously a cop who outright snitches on the other participants and I never understood why Abner was there in the first place being from an actual gang.  Still his cover is all but blown.   So You have Mark 2nd in line of the Woods.  

• Love 6

Words can not even express how annoyed I am with David. None of his reasonings made any sense. He was trying to justify it or state why he wasn’t wrong and it was just words. And he put the others in real danger. If those inmates want to hurt someone they could easily do serious harm or even kill someone before production steps in. Obviously, that didn’t happen because I doubt they’d air the episodes, but there was no way of knowing it at the time. They need to put this show to rest. It’s just too out there now and too easy firvthe inmates to pick-up on the program. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, cheewhiz said:

Wow, Prince, what a chump.  Puts everyone in danger and is angry when he gets called out on it. He just became an inmate, he didn't do anything for his "mission". 

The girls though, that chick that called the three plants out has been in the system enough to know what to look for. It really was only a matter of time until someone opened their eyes and saw that indeed, they are too nice looking and have all their teeth, to be an inmate.

Next week will be interesting with David all holier than thou. Guy makes my skin crawl. I really hope AB will be okay. He needs to get out and do some serious soul searching to find out why and how he was so easily sucked back into his gangster life. I can totally see him back in jail for real next time. Hope not, but I think he may be headed that way.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing!

What went wrong with David, bored? 

12 hours ago, Number6withCheese said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing!

What went wrong with David, bored? 

Chip on his shoulder, in my opinion.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 2/15/2019 at 11:31 AM, kicotan said:

I find this fascinating, myself.

My current conclusion, (subject to change upon discovery of new and/or compelling evidence) is as follows:

In order to pass the time, men create uberAlphaman drama.  Divided by “race”, ruled by hierarchy, etc.  The “wood” -in- charge created a “council” to handle and enforce “wood” rules.  I can’t take any of that seriously, especially when they end up killing each other over being “disrespected” by another race.

Women, on the other hand, don’t need to segregate by race/create rules with an established hierarchy of enforcers and whatnot to have a day full of drama.  It’s just there when they all wake up like morning dew.

Years ago, I watched a documentary that followed two people who went through the process of changing their genders (not sure what the correct term is for this). One was MTF, the other, FTM. They were talking about their experiences after they began taking hormones. For the FTM person, he described how he became aware of these different dynamics when he was in a group of males. He described it as being very aware of a social hierarchy- who was at the top of the hierarchy, and who was at the bottom. He described feeling pressure to prove how he fit into this hierarchy. He said that prior to the hormones, before the transition, he had never had these feelings while in a group.  

I can't recall where or when I saw this show. I wish I could. Ever since I watched it, its always stuck in my mind when I think about how men often form hierarchical groups.

Of course that is just one person's experience, but it came to mind when I read your post. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I hope the producers of this show read this board.

I think it was a HUGE mistake to let the participants know each other.  

I don't think they should do this show for another five years or so, the inmates aren't stupid, at least not all of them are.  In fact, I don't think they should EVER do this show again, here's my opinion:  The first major reality TV show in the USA (not counting An American Family and first seasons of The Real World, which were more like documentaries) on broadcast TV that had HUGE ratings was Survivor in 2000.  The ratings for Survivor rose each week and the last episode was SO huge that CBS sold commercial time for the same price as they sold commercial time for the Super Bowl.

But even though Survivor and Big Brother were huge, the "stars" of that show never really broke out into mainstream Hollywood success, in fact there was a stigma in being on a reality show, I remember reading an article in 2003, about someone who was on Big Brother in the USA, and even though he was very popular, he couldn't get an agent in Hollywood.

I think that all changed with the Osbournes, and the Kardashians because reality TV MADE them famous, and of course the Real Housewives.  I might not like Nene Leakes, but she did have a role on Glee and also was in an NBC show, The New Normal (it only lasted a season).  I think there's an industry today for reality TV stars.  I think David has set his sights on being one.  I think he's gassed himself up and thinks that he'll go somewhere with this, and maybe he will.  Doesn't seem to make sense I know; but I realized a long time ago that I am not the audience marketers and shows are looking for.  

I don't think they should continue to do this show.  The inmates know it's out here, they'll be suspicious of camera crews going into prisons, they'll start looking at each other.

One more thing, WTF with the Woods?  What assholes.  Um, someone should remind them that back in the day, white people were the ones who brought black people to the USA.  So the fact that we're here is their ancestor's fault.  Chew on that Woods.

Also funny that the women didn't need an idiot like David to figure out the three plants in the pod.

• Love 4

One more thing, last week David said, "I'm ready to go home."  He should have tapped out, but probably though if he did that, he'd appear weak, so he wanted to go out with a bang, he wanted to go out in a way that people would remember him.  

• Love 5

Jazmyn said it so stupidly too. She asked for “drugs” like she doesn’t know slang terms and then when asked to specify, she says, “meth”. How stupid can you be? At least ask for a hydro if you’re in pain, don’t go straight for meth while flashing your pearly whites. What a freakin idiot! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Jazmyn said it so stupidly too. She asked for “drugs” like she doesn’t know slang terms and then when asked to specify, she says, “meth”. How stupid can you be? At least ask for a hydro if you’re in pain, don’t go straight for meth while flashing your pearly whites. What a freakin idiot! 

That was a really off moment. As somewhat reckless as the women have been, nothing we've seen before indicates that Jazmyn is that stupid. 

On 3/2/2019 at 7:40 PM, PoshSprinkles said:

Also, an easy retort to the girl calling her out for not being a real addict would be to show her her papers stating she was in jail for a DUI and required to go to NA meetings. 

This too. The whole point of her cover story is to explain this. 

I don't buy any of it. I think they knew they were blown and just decided to make some "good" television moments. 

• Love 2

Well, I enjoyed this season but had never watched before. I felt their relief when they got out and cried right along with Jazmyne. So glad Abner found his soul again. I just don’t get David. Tell all should be good and answer some questions I have.

• Love 3

So everyone gets pulled because oF David’s shit.  Abber’s cover was outright blown.  Mark looks like he was the only one who wasn’t accused of being a rat. Which is all kinds of funny.

Although I do admire Brooke fir making it all the way through, no you weren’t an Alpha female.  You sat in a corner and watched everyone else.

i usually don’t look forward to the reunion.  I don’t even watch too much.   But i do want to see David get called out.

Dude put everyone’s life in danger.

• Love 6

Now this is a reunion I'm looking forward to. I hope those 2 fools get an ass kicking.

As interesting as I think the show is I really think it should be done. Too damn dangerous. 

I cried ugly for Jaz and her meal. Those DO's in the women's pod were going to get them killed for real. 

• Love 7
(edited)

For the record this is the only reality tv show I watch.  The concept itself was a good one five seasons ago.  Now that the actual inmates can name drop the show it is far too dangerous.  I wasn’t paying attention so I am not sure what Brooke’s backstory was but the other inmate was right.  She didn’t fit in.  She looked well kept even in prison and had all her teeth. So unless it was something relatively mundane like passing bad checks or credit card fraud it was just not believable that she’d be in there.  She couldn’t even pass for one of those white girls who likes pills a little too much.  Honestly the most realistic backstory for her was maybe a judge put her in jail for shoplifting.  

Not sure if she learned anything from the experience but I am I tested on what she says during the reunion.   

That all being said I don’t really blame her for telling the DOs about the shank.  It’s a damn shank.  What would anyone say if she just smiled and nodded and the woman killed someone with it?

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

wasn’t paying attention so I am not sure what Brooke’s backstory was but the other inmate was right.  She didn’t fit in.  She liked well kept even in prison and had all her teeth. So unless it was something realively mundane like passing bad checks or credit card fraud it was just not beleable that she’d be in there.  She couldn’t even pass for one of those white giros who likes pills a little too much.  Honestly the most realistic backstory for her was maybe a judge put her in jail for shoplifting.

She turned herself in to serve time for a DUI.

You really can't tell who "fits in" when it comes to jail.  Someone can be there for their first time, for passing bad checks, or a DUI, or maybe a judge wanted to "teach them a lesson."  Not everybody has to lose their teeth, that woman in there was all kinds of stupid.  Now, if they were supposed to be repeat offenders, then I'd call bullshit.

David was an asshole, his ego got the better of him.  One of the sheriff's said it right, HE was the one who wanted to leave, and felt the entire program should have stopped because HE, the PRINCE wanted to leave.  Asshole.  He put everybody's life in danger, especially Abner; he told that inmate that he knew Abner, and then lied to the sheriffs about it.  

The problem with this show is this:  You have too many people out here today who want to be reality stars and in order to be a reality star, you have to stand out in some way.  Most people won't even remember the people who were polite and respectful, we might like them, but we'll forget them and that's sad.

But I'll always remember Jazmyne's tears when she saw that food.  She was so grateful for it, that really moved me.  She was my favorite this season.

• Love 9
(edited)

So, in the Reunion Special, David states that this is his life and he still has to live it after people see what happened while he was in jail. Ummm, you knew that way before choosing to be a part of this show! You knew that being an actual cop & deciding to be on a show about telling (snitching to) the Sheriff about what the inmates do behind the DO's backs would compromise you on the street (street cred) especially with fellow officers. You just chose this avenue to eff up a situation on purpose. That was probably David's plan all along. Pretend like he's playing along then crap all over this show, the production and the other participants...on purpose! It probably makes the Napoleonesque cop feel so much superior & taller than everyone else to rain on everyone's parade, especially Sheriff Lamb & the reality show producers & creators. He didn't give any f&cks about the remaining participants & how their safety would be compromised. smh

Edited by Lacy4u
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Schnickelfritz said:

She turned herself in to serve time for a DUI.

Ok that is believable.  Out partying with her friends.  Drives home drunk.  Maybe not the first time.   Judge offers her 60 days in jail or rehab and she can’t afford rehab.  

I know people didn’t like her and she had this air of superiority to her and I am not sure she learned much from the experience but I think she actually did an ok job.   I hold nothing against her finking  on the shank.   Going in with the evening gown set a horrible tone and she never even tried to fit in.  But I don’t know.......

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

I do think David went in set on completing his mission but once in there, just couldn’t adjust to being “on the other side”. We always saw him trying to prevent violence by talking the other inmates down which is his law enforcement side coming out. He just couldn’t take it and wanted out. I do think the way he went about it was wrong as he did put everyone in danger. He didn’t think about the others because he wanted a way out which he thought was saving face even by breaking the rules.

• Love 4
On 3/8/2019 at 4:36 AM, Chaos Theory said:

So everyone gets pulled because oF David’s shit.  Abber’s cover was outright blown.  Mark looks like he was the only one who wasn’t accused of being a rat. Which is all kinds of funny.

Although I do admire Brooke fir making it all the way through, no you weren’t an Alpha female.  You sat in a corner and watched everyone else.

i usually don’t look forward to the reunion.  I don’t even watch too much.   But i do want to see David get called out.

Dude put everyone’s life in danger.

Interesting, the alphas usually sit and watch, know eveything, and have money.

On 1/19/2019 at 5:02 PM, hatchetgirl said:

I knew racism runs jail but dang it's so freaking in your face. Wow! 

That bugs the shit out of me. How do you expect to be rid of racism if you are reminded of it anytime you get into trouble. That's whacked.

• Love 2
On 2/16/2019 at 12:05 PM, Bridget said:

I understand the need for people to do “necessary things” in order to survive in specific locations, but Abner has got to be the least articulate “mentor” I have ever encountered.

The way Abner kept saying that ”Ikaika is racially confused” was what was confusing to me as a viewer. We know Abner doesn’t have the biggest vocabulary or basic understanding of what some words mean, but it would have been much more clear to the audience had he explained what he meant by the phrase “racially confused.” (Pick a racial identity in order to go along with the unwritten rules of jail/prison.)

How dare any of them say that Ikaika is confused. He has like 3 different cultures in him. Who the fuck was Abner to tell him to choose. Mentality like this is what keep civilization from every advancing.

• Love 6
On 3/10/2019 at 4:18 AM, Chalby said:

How dare any of them say that Ikaika is confused. He has like 3 different cultures in him. Who the fuck was Abner to tell him to choose. Mentality like this is what keep civilization from every advancing.

Under normal situations I would agree with you but prison is hardly a place for advanced civilization.   If anything not choosing a side puts everyone at risk.  

• Love 6

I just wish David would be a decent human being and own it.  He screwed up.  Own up to your shit.  People will be angry, sure, but they'll have a whole lot more respect for you than listening to you hmmm and haw over why you did or didn't say whatever.  Grrrr.

I'm looking forward to the reunion.  I think Mark deserves a big pat on the back for handling it far better than most of us expected him to.  LOL

The ladies.  Meh.  They all were weird and awkward, but I think all of the ladies in that jail appeared to be weird and awkward.  As much as I hate Brooke's views, she gained some respect from me for standing up to that one gal who kept calling her a snitch. I appreciated that she didn't just complain and bitch, but finally faced up to it.  That lady was so cowed!  Cracked me up how she backtracked.  So lame.

• Love 6

Wow!  Was Steve a peice of work.   Say what you will about Brooke and the way she entered the prison but she took the project seriously.  And I will die on the hill that says Brooke was right to tell on the woman with the shank she just went about it in the wrong way.  Her issue was always method and not merit.  Steve on the other hand walked into the prison high and then tapped out the minute someone talked to him.  And I watch prison docuseries like Lockup and I heard of people sneaking in drugs in the mail.  Not a huge get.  He didn’t break the whole prison open in 48 hours.  They should have let Mark beat him up.

Also I finally realized why the women this season were so boring.  There was very little drama.  No sex parties.  No true love snitching.  No back stabbing reality tv This is Survivor Bitch!  Shenanigans.   Everyone mostly did their job.   So yeah.....boring.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

Steve is an absolute idiot! Did he really think he discovered the way people soak paper in liquid drugs to sneak it into prison?!

He probably thought he would get the Nobel prize or something for his amazing and brilliant discovery. Good lord. What a troll!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 3/2/2019 at 2:22 PM, Neurochick said:

I hope the producers of this show read this board.

I think it was a HUGE mistake to let the participants know each other.  

I don't think they should do this show for another five years or so, the inmates aren't stupid, at least not all of them are.  In fact, I don't think they should EVER do this show again, here's my opinion:  The first major reality TV show in the USA (not counting An American Family and first seasons of The Real World, which were more like documentaries) on broadcast TV that had HUGE ratings was Survivor in 2000.  The ratings for Survivor rose each week and the last episode was SO huge that CBS sold commercial time for the same price as they sold commercial time for the Super Bowl.

But even though Survivor and Big Brother were huge, the "stars" of that show never really broke out into mainstream Hollywood success, in fact there was a stigma in being on a reality show, I remember reading an article in 2003, about someone who was on Big Brother in the USA, and even though he was very popular, he couldn't get an agent in Hollywood.

I think that all changed with the Osbournes, and the Kardashians because reality TV MADE them famous, and of course the Real Housewives.  I might not like Nene Leakes, but she did have a role on Glee and also was in an NBC show, The New Normal (it only lasted a season).  I think there's an industry today for reality TV stars.  I think David has set his sights on being one.  I think he's gassed himself up and thinks that he'll go somewhere with this, and maybe he will.  Doesn't seem to make sense I know; but I realized a long time ago that I am not the audience marketers and shows are looking for.  

I don't think they should continue to do this show.  The inmates know it's out here, they'll be suspicious of camera crews going into prisons, they'll start looking at each other.

One more thing, WTF with the Woods?  What assholes.  Um, someone should remind them that back in the day, white people were the ones who brought black people to the USA.  So the fact that we're here is their ancestor's fault.  Chew on that Woods.

Also funny that the women didn't need an idiot like David to figure out the three plants in the pod.

I don't think they should do this show for another five years or so, the inmates aren't stupid, at least not all of them are.  In fact, I don't think they should EVER do this show again,

At least not for maybe 20 years.  It reminds me of Punked.  After a while, celebrities were just suspicious.  I love the lost footage of celebrities being put in awkward situations and their automatic reaction would be, "Am I on Punked?" Well yes, yes you are.

But also, I think this may be a problem for any future REAL inmate.  If they seem a little off, the first thing other inmates are going to think is that they're undercover.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Emkat said:
2 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:
On 2/15/2019 at 5:11 PM, Bridget said:

Abner clearly doesn’t know the definition of the word “mentor.”

When he kept referring to Ikaika as being “racially confused”, he sounded like me parents who don’t approve of their children who identify as anything other than being heterosexual. I can’t even begin to think about what type of chaplain he is. 🙄

Lastly, if he says “politics” or “enforcer” one more time...

Ikaika, was being naive.  He wasn't listening to what Abner was telling him which is why he got the smacked.  In prison there is no patience when teaching a lesson.

And that is why that scene truly broke my heart. I would like to think (even though I'm not confident) that in the outside world, Abner would take his time to mentor Ikaika correctly.  Maybe to the point that that kid would not be in jail, because honestly, he is not jail material.

• Love 3

I wish they would have given more credit to Mark.  I don't believe anybody thought he would last, and to become a pod boss (or second in command) would have just been a fantasy.  I liked him, and I was kinda turned on when he jumped to his feet to defend his honor against idiot asshole Steve.  Pretty sure he wouldn't have even considered that before he went inside.  WTG Mark.

Steve and David are both a waste of my fingering.  Typing!  With my fingers!  That's what I meant!

I liked Jazmyn best of the women, then Vivian and Brooke the least.  But they all stuck it out and I'm proud of them for that.

Abner, meh.  No opinion one way or the other.

See y'all when season six starts!

I liked the women this season, even Brooke.

I think David realized that he was an asshole; Steve however still thought he was all that.  David just got too into the "part" but seeing Steve, I think HE was hoping for a reality show, kind of like a new Dog the Bounty Hunter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I just started watching this show and it kept me entertained while I worked on projects. The jail reminds me of a slightly more dangerous version of my high school, lol! What other seasons should I watch?

• LOL 1
23 hours ago, Soobs said:

I just started watching this show and it kept me entertained while I worked on projects. The jail reminds me of a slightly more dangerous version of my high school, lol! What other seasons should I watch?

Try seasons 4 and 5. They are both in Fulton County, Georgia (Atlanta), and season 5 is a semi continuation of season 4. Much more drama. And one fake inmate goes 120 days in (no spoilers tho). 

• Love 1
On 1/11/2019 at 4:46 PM, hoosiermom said:

My first season watching. Here for Sheriff Lamb. (Live pd fan) Question: how do they have the interviews with the regular prisoners ( talking heads) without them knowing they are filming a tv show?

It has nothing to do with any drug or gang activity. They just want to take the focus of the corrupt officers. If you notice they justified all the corruption just by acting like the jailed are just complaining to much. What the fail to realise is that no matter if your in jail or not, you have constitutional rights. They work for you, not the other way around. It goes God, Man, then government. The people have the power. The only law is the Constitution, the supreme Court agrees, Marbury v Madison "any law repugnant to the Constitution is null and void." 

So if you didn't physically injured someone, no crime was committed. So the only criminals are the officers. They need to step back and realise who really had the power, and it's the PEOPLE!!!

I am reaching alot of comments regarding Mark and how he rose to second in command. It's my understanding that he was only 2nd in this particular POD not the whole WOOD organization. I mean think about the choices the HEAD had to choose from. Mark was truly the only decent choice. Mark followed the rules, did not do drugs and genuinely wanted to keep the peace. Prison rules already established prior to his incarceration still had to be followed, right or wrong. 

David on the other hand went rogue. He literally states his objective was originally to gain intel but after being there he just wanted to do his time and roll out. It's like he completely forgot what he was sent to jail to accomplish. He literally thought he was just another inmate. And to blatantly put Dillon's life in danger was ludicrous. I am shocked no other black dude tried to put David in check. The white boys were trying to explain if Dillon claimed Kinfolk he would get the "greenlight" on his back. Silly boys trying to play at men's rules in an already established segregated hierarchy was complete insanity. Who the hell did David think he ways? A cop from the streets thinking he can change all of AZ prison rules because he personally did not agree with them. I have heard of narcissist behavior before, but David takes the cake.