Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Ellis Island

• Start Topic

Hoping to make up for lost time, Ray plans a day with Conor in New York before he ships out overseas with the Marines. Sam and Ray put together a fix to give Anita a bump in popularity. Sam tries to strike a deal with Mayor Ferrati. Mickey devises a radical plan to recoup his losses. Bunchy asks Terry for a favor.

Promo:

Clip:

Original air date: 11/25/18

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Conaaaaaah continues to be the worst. He mouths off to Ray about his underage drinking and then all he wants to do while he's supposed to be visiting Ray is visit Darryl's movie set so he can get a picture with K'lei. If that's all he wanted then why didn't he just call Darryl? If all Conor needed was a ride, he should have taken a taxi or Lyft.

Ha, Stu still sucks.

And Mickey, ugh. His plan is to rob old people on a bus and then take a container ship to Vietnam? FFS.

Gawd, I knew it was just a matter of time before Ray and Anita had sex. The most surprising thing was that they waited this long

• Love 2

WTF with the magical Irish nymph on the ferry?

I rolled my eyes after reading the episode description on my on demand (“Ray plans a day with Conor in New York before he ships out overseas”) but then was glad there was very little actual Conor.  Hopefully this is the last we see of him.  

Great plan, as always, Mickey.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Gawd, I knew it was just a matter of time before Ray and Anita had sex. The most surprising thing was that they waited this long

And they still can't show a good sex scene on TV. Such unrealistic bullshit.

Mickey has got to be the dumbest, most idiotic character ever. The man lost three mil cash and he's conjuring up fantasy capers to hijack a jitney to finance a "cruise" to Viet Nam. What could possibly go wrong???

Edited by preeya
  • Love 4

I thought he was going to bang the Irish nymph, not Anita.

Ray was teaching Cancer Boy to lie to Bridget, like he did to Abby.

Meanwhile there seems to be another connection Sean has to the mayoral race, because Ferratti is paying the crooked cops but also fixing the garbage workers strike?

Why does Sam want that prison, to host the streaming company?  Yet the Chalky guy Ray beat up is going to prison there?  Why did they show him on the prison bus going into that place?

Ray doesn't know the money's been stolen.  Just has Lena track it, assuming Bunch and Mickey are taking off with it.

Meanwhile, Terry learns that they lost the money and Bunch wants to leave the baby with her in case something goes wrong.  But he doesn't think to tell Ray?

Looks like Donovans aren't too lucky with military service.  At least 3 of them who joined the military died in service.  Now Connah is going to Germany but could get shipped out to Afghanistan.  Eh they won't kill Connah off.  Ray would spiral again and then want to kill himself again.

When Ray was standing in line talking to Conor, I had a feeling the girl standing in front was no "extra" and was going to meet up with him but surprise no intercourse.

Baby Maria is cute, can't be Bunchy's kid. 

Isn't Central Park usually crawling with cops and has many cameras? Darryl is so lucky he didn't get caught.

Poor girl, I hope Ray is paying her plenty for what she has to do for him.

Bunchy couldn't afford Honey Nut Cheerios just plain? He truly is in the dumps!

Bye Conor. Stay safe and please don't come back!

Mickey's plans always fail! He never learns!

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, preeya said:

Honestly one of the things thst really irritate me about cable series are the idiotic, ridiculous looking, humping like dogs sex scenes that get interjected for no other reason except its cable and they can. For crikes sake... if the producers think its necessary to hold viewers, or a person needs that to get some jollies, or even the excuse these shows are for 'mature' audience programming and some viewers want it in there regardless.... there's tons of the real stuff for free all over the internet, lol.

I don't know about anyone else, just give me the straight storytelling, the drama, the comedy, etc, not some gratuitous pointless bullshit. Don't people get how grossly unattractive screwing actually is, lol

And whats the deal with Teresa? Bonehead Bunchy nabs the kid and nothing from that end?

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 5

I'm not a Bridget fan (I'd be fine if she and Conor disappeared from my tv screen forever and just sent Ray postcards every once in a while), but I was totally on her side when she found Ray and Smitty together covered in blood and started yelling at them. I loved the scared looks on both Ray's and Smitty's faces when she opened the door and they realized they'd been caught.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I loved the scared looks on both Ray's and Smitty's faces when she opened the door and they realized they'd been caught.

Yes!  I also liked the subtle eye roll Ray gave Smitty as he walked away after Smitty said he'd better go inside.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Isn't Central Park usually crawling with cops and has many cameras? Darryl is so lucky he didn't get caught.

Poor girl, I hope Ray is paying her plenty for what she has to do for him.

Bunchy couldn't afford Honey Nut Cheerios just plain? He truly is in the dumps!

Bye Conor. Stay safe and please don't come back!

Mickey's plans always fail! He never learns!

Central Park is a large area. Cops can't patrol every part of it all the time. Plenty of people have been mugged, some famously so - notably the wrongly convicted Central Park Five.

Yeah, Ray and Lena doing that to the girl. Not to mention Ray having Lena do it to her. Of course, Ray now owes her a big favor - getting her brother out of jail. Maybe he'll be switched to the one Sam wants to buy. If the sale goes through, then, due to overcrowding in every other jail, all current inmates will have to be released.

I'm shocked Bunchy has money for an ice cream and a box of Cheerios. Maybe Honey Nut costs too much.

As for Connah, from your fingertips to God's well, I guess, eyes.

Sam's right. Ray should just kill Mick.

• Love 1

Ray is back to his old self. After he went after those guys for Cancer Boy, and dropped him off, he opened his trunk and there was his cache of freshly cleaned and pressed white shirts. 

I must have missed the point of the Irish girl. She just disappeared after suggesting that Ray take a photo of his grandfather’s name on the wall. Hmm..will she show up again for nefarious reasons? 

Ray’s kids are definitely rebellious. Connnah drinking away with Bridget and Smitty instead of spending any time with his Dad before shipping off. I guess that’s wht Ray gets for not being there too much when they were younger. 

This was a pretty dull episode, I'm sad to say.  No idea where Aunt Sandy went with the cash?

I actually think Mickey's idea of ripping off the folks on the Hampton's Jitney would be fun to see.  Because of course he would totally screw it up and probably get thrown back in the slammer.  We could hope. 

Cahnah and Bridge are just as immature, snarly and ungrateful as ever, so I tend to block them out.  Cancer boy is a waste of time, so he can exit now.  

On 11/25/2018 at 10:37 PM, Yakima said:

Connor is the most ridiculous Marine I've ever seen.  He should have "sissy" tattooed on his forehead.

Good grief, yes. You'd think the actor playing Connah would want to try to ensure that his career continues, after this show mercifully ends, and thus would show some commitment to his craft. Like, oh, I dunno, spending the 12-plus months hiatus he had from filming to add some muscle, so he no longer looks like a 16 year old in a Halloween costume. The haircut was all wrong, too. This is just lazy-ass showrunning.

6 minutes ago, Bannon said:

Edited by Bannon
  • Love 2

Among other issues, a problem this show has is similar to what "Mad Men" suffered from. Fundamentally, addiction is very, very, tedious, so spending several seasons watching an addict in the central role, and other addict characters, doing the same self destructive stuff for years on end, really gets boring. Yes, most addicts don't change, but some do, and they can do so in interesting ways; it doesn't have to be a Hallmark movie cliche. I had hope that they would do something with Ray this season which would be interesting, but, nope, we're back on the hamster wheel. Ugh.

Edited by Bannon

Also, if you are going to have a really stupid recurring character, in a long running show, there needs to be a strong comic element to the writing. "Justified" was great at this, in large measure due to mimicing Elmore Leonard's source material. Bunchy is mostly just a tiresome dullard at this point, even if with a tragic element, so, several seasons in now, anytime he appears, I just want to fast forward through the scene. I never had that urge with Dewey Crowe in "Justified".

• Love 1
On 11/25/2018 at 4:02 PM, preeya said:

Right after the scene, Mr. Khyber turned to me and said "That was weird and stupid".

• Love 1