Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/19/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Great recap WonderWuman73!  You really made my day and it's great that you had so much fun today!  For me it is so nice to know that Meghan is suffering so much on this show just like she makes her viewers suffer.  And from what you described behind the scenes she deserves every bit of it!

• Love 16

@WonderWuman73, you most certainly live up to your name!  That was an awesome post, and for you to be there, today of all days, is magical for all us NutMeg haters.  It's kind of astonishing to me that she's not embarrassed to be seen throwing hissy fits in front of the whole audience.  She obviously doesn't give a rat's ass how foolish and childish she comes off; this must be her version of 'tough chick' - not caring how ridiculous she looks.  This must be how she's rolled her whole life, because that is not the behavior of a sensible, sensitive, rational adult.  Thank you SO much for sharing your most excellent adventure!!!

• Love 22

Wow @WonderWuman73 , thank you sooooo much for that detailed report about what we at home didn’t see! 

Reading your account makes me believe that the so-called “rumors” about Meghan’s off-screen shenanigans and having a bad reputation with the producers and other ladies is true. 

It also reaffirms my belief that the whole “tough chick” talk is just that - all talk. Just imagine how many times she storms off stage on all the other days. She needs to grow up. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 19

I make a motion that someone from Previously TV needs to be in the View studio audience every day. Those from New York and New Jersey need to step up and take one for the team. 

They will be plenty other members traveling to NYC for the holiday season, you need to also take one for the team. 

If they ever release the freaking tickets, I'm in for Dec 17.  Any one second the motion????

• Love 21

I tapped out of the show a while back but I can't quit this forum. I would have gone to NYC myself to see today's show though.

Thank you for the juice.

I have to wonder what MM thinks of Abby not backing her up. Still besties?

I hit record as soon as I saw the thread take off! 

• Love 14

Thank you so very much for the great recap, WonderWuman73.   Great job on the reporting -- you made me feel like I was there with you! :)

Question:  You mention that Meghan has 'people,' like when she stayed isolated to the back of the stage with her people.  Did any of the other ladies seem to have their own people?  And imagine what job from Hell THAT would be.  To be one of MM's 'people.'  UGH

Edited because it just occurred to me that these are probably her 'handlers.'  As in, a set of producers assigned to her to 'handle' her.  Yeah.  Fun job.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I kind of feel bad for Meghan. I wish she had people who could tell her to behave properly or at least just be mindful of her body language.

She’s a grown woman. I’m not sure there’s much more anybody can do at this point. It seems like this is just who she is. Not trying to be bitchy or anything but I doubt she sees anything wrong with the way she acts.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 20

@WonderWuman73, I see you!  I spotted you twice.  That is if you have long dark hair and are sitting right against the railing, right over Nutmeg's shoulder.

Excellent report, thank you.  So I had to rewatch and this really wasn't the worst meltdown we have seen with her, so if she is sobbing and conferring with her producers on a day like today, it must happen pretty much every day.  

It's interesting to me that the BTS conflict was with Whoopi, because it was really Joy that was going after her relentlessly today, and laughing about it.

What Whoopi was pissed about was two things, I believe.  That NutMeg wouldn't stop screeching.  And that she whined that she didn't want to talk about this topic, and Whoopi pointed out they agreed to discuss the topic in their morning meeting.  So Whoopi was probably letting the producers know those two things.  Whoopi did cut her off somewhat tersely, but we have seen much worse toward NutMeg from Whoopi.  So this must just be an ongoing issue, where NutMeg the snowflake has a breakdown during the break.  That would explain why Abby is distancing herself as well.

One thing I noticed in rewatch is that NutMeg kept reaching for her sippy cup and stopping herself, so someone must be coaching her on that.

I have no idea why NutMeg would have been upset still after the Candace Bergen segment and before the close of the show.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 19

The recap of your experience on the show was wonderful @WonderWuman73, thanks for sharing it. I think my favourite part was how during the break Joy and Abby were yucking it up together. I can't say I've really warmed to Abby in any way, but I just love the image of it. It shows that Meghan isn't the poor persecuted Republican on the panel; that any problems she is having are totally down to her attitude rather than political position. I mean, it's not like the ladies haven't been handling her with kid gloves for most of her time on the show as it is, so she must be truly horrible.

I've read other people's experiences of being in The View audience and it sounds like Sunny is quite the audience favourite, being the only one who really makes an effort to interact with them. They also confirm Abby doesn't really seem to like Meghan that much, and in one case someone saw a producer approach Meghan and tell her she had to unfold her arms and get rid of the pout.

• Love 22
24 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Thank you so very much for the great recap, WonderWuman73.   Great job on the reporting -- you made me feel like I was there with you! :)

Question:  You mention that Meghan has 'people,' like when she stayed isolated to the back of the stage with her people.  Did any of the other ladies seem to have their own people?  And imagine what job from Hell THAT would be.  To be one of MM's 'people.'  UGH

Edited because it just occurred to me that these are probably her 'handlers.'  As in, a set of producers assigned to her to 'handle' her.  Yeah.  Fun job.

Thanks and You’re welcome 😊 

yes they looked like her handlers, 2 makeup people and her hairstylist. When the heated exchanged continued into the commercial break, their were people trying to block the audience from what was happening. Then when she ran off stage, people, jumped on stage. It was very chaotic. Abby, Sunny, etc all had their ppl appear a few times in between breaks. 

6 minutes ago, bannana said:

@WonderWuman73, I see you!  I spotted you twice.  That is if you have long dark hair and are sitting right against the railing, right over Nutmeg's shoulder.

Excellent report, thank you.  So I had to rewatch and this really wasn't the worst meltdown we have seen with her, so if she is sobbing and conferring with her producers on a day like today, it must happen pretty much every day.  

It's interesting to me that the BTS conflict was with Whoopi, because it was really Joy that was going after her relentlessly today, and laughing about it.

What Whoopi was pissed about was two things, I believe.  That NutMeg wouldn't stop screeching.  And that she whined that she didn't want to talk about this topic, and Whoopi pointed out they agreed to discuss the topic in their morning meeting.  So Whoopi was probably letting the producers know those two things.  Whoopi did cut her off somewhat tersely, but we have seen much worse toward NutMeg from Whoopi.  So this must just be an ongoing issue, where NutMeg the snowflake has a breakdown during the break.  That would explain why Abby is distancing herself as well.

One thing I noticed in rewatch is that NutMeg kept reaching for her sippy cup and stopping herself, so someone must be coaching her on that.

I have no idea why NutMeg would have been upset still after the Candace Bergen segment and before the close of the show.

Yes that’s was me! Lol 👍🏼 Thanks 

Megan was pissed the minute she step foot on that stage til the minute she left it. So something must’ve happened before the show. It was  so uncomfortable and unprofessional to watch. 

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Love 20
15 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

yes they looked like her handlers, 2 makeup people and her hairstylist. When the heated exchanged continued into the commercial break, their were people trying to block the audience from what was happening. Then when she ran off stage, people, jumped on stage. It was very chaotic. Abby, Sunny, etc all had their ppl appear a few times in between breaks. 

Ok, thanks!  So it sounds as though all of the ladies probably have their own producers assigned to them so that isn't unique just to Meghan.  Darn.  I much preferred my 'handler' theory. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Yes that’s was me! Lol 👍🏼 Thanks 

Megan was pissed the minute she step foot on that stage til the minute she left it. So something must’ve happened before the show. It was  so uncomfortable and unprofessional to watch. 

That is awesome. You looked great!  And you looked like you really were listening intently. 

She did look pissed when she came out but she kind of looks like that every day.

• Love 16
19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Thanks for the inside info, Wonder. Wow, it's even worse than I thought. 

Yep! I knew it was bad but @WonderWuman73‘s account proves that it’s actually worse than I thought. Geez. I can’t believe she made it to a second season. The fact that the producers tried to hide what was going on from the audience, and that none of the ladies, including her “good friend” Abby, comforted her makes me believe this is certainly not an isolated incident... this is more than likely a regular occurrence.

• Love 16

@WONDERWUMAN73, excellent post!  Based on what Wonderwuman73 wrote, anyone else afraid that the Powers That Be will be telling everyone to be so nice to her royalness because nobody can be rude or disrepectful or treat people like she does because she is the most special snowflake in the universe, I think I just threw up typing that.  When is ABC going to quit coddling her behavior, does she dirt on people.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

• Love 14

I wonder if Sunny took umbrage with Abby re: The Correspondents' Dinner because of the narrative that people were so upset with Wolff that they walked out. Kathy Griffin was there and said that two Trump advisors claimed they stormed out in protest, but they really just wanted to get to the MSNBC party early.

Good to know that Joy and Abby are good-natured during breaks. I know Rosie often spoke to the audience during commercials, so I'm glad to know Sunny still does that.

• Love 20

wonderwuman73, you truly are a Wonder Woman, what an awesome behind the scenes recap! If Megs has temper tantrums like this every week (or every day!) I can’t imagine why TPTB would want to keep her on. She’s difficult to work with, rude to the guests (political or not) and it sounds like she makes the staff uncomfortable too. Her only gateway into the “world of politics” is dead, and she has absolutely no other redeeming qualities or connections, at least none that the show could get themselves. They clearly aren’t listening to us otherwise she would have been ousted ages ago. The only way I think she’ll be fired now is if she is flat out evil to one of the cohosts (either Whoopi or Joy, the two that seem to hold the most clout) or she says something so stupid that it causes advertisers to pull out. Money talks. And I don’t want her to quit, and walk away with any power...she needs to be FIRED. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

wonderwuman73- Fantastic reporting!!!!! Thank you so much.

I just have to know, does Meghan look really heavy in person?

Thanks! Actually They all look skinnier in person. From where I was sitting, Megan has a wide back and Abby is quite tall. 

• Love 11

Again , thanks to everyone here. It was a fun and interesting experience. I loved sharing it with you all. I hope to go future tapings and others get the chance to. 

I’m in disbelief they continue to allow this woman to stay after what happened today in front of the audience. I’ve never seen someone blatantly and publicly disrespect their job, the people around them, and the public. 

You can tell they are over and done with her by how they just ignored her antics and tantrums. And rightly so. 

25 minutes ago, bannana said:

@WonderWuman73 wins the internet today, well at least the PTV forums, with 55 likes.

Yay!!!!! Haha 😆 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

That was awesome! And I’m still laughing at “neck makeup .” Meghan’s chest, ears and scalp turn pink and red so imagining her getting powdered and covered often is hilarious. 

lol that and the Q- tips came out to dry her eyes as well. 

• Love 18

Wow, from the moment they came out I could tell that MM was PISSED!  More than usual.  

And while I agree that IT emails are not the same level as Hilary Clinton's, it's the action itself that is being questioned.  The whole hypocrisy of this administration is on display.  (And this is not the only time!! As Abby pointed out.)  Plus I agree with MM (color me shocked!!) that the orange guy using his personal cell phone for government conversations is worse, that was not what they were discussing.  

Thank you, Wonderwuman73, for sharing your experience with all of us here!  I've been to tapings of talk shows and some of them are difficult to hear.  I went to The Talk and it is exactly as you said.  Very difficult to hear the women talk at the table.  The audience has to be really quiet to hear the discussions.  Then you go to see Ellen - no problem hearing anything.  It might just be the way they are sitting maybe?  Also, thank you for confirming my suspicions that MM is not showing a "persona" but her true self!

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

A grown woman saying "it's not fair!"? Ugh. No words...

But completely understandable when one is a Pampered Princes, nes p'as?   Stamping of a little foot makes it more enjoyable, of course.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

She’s a grown woman. I’m not sure there’s much more anybody can do at this point. It seems like this is just who she is. Not trying to be bitchy or anything but I doubt she sees anything wrong with the way she acts.

She is a grown woman. I mean, she's older than me lol, but it's still sad seeing someone behave that way on air. It's almost like she feels like she has to be the sole Republican who is always with her side and trying to get others to understand, without understanding that this is the View and you're meant to just share your View and move on to the sex topics. Say what you want about Elisabeth, but I do remember her still participating in the other conversations and getting along with the other co-hosts (minus post-fight Rosie and Joy).

I just don't get why she's so angry.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

After what happened today, I believed...she felt embarrassed. The audience clearly can’t stand her. So during the breaks, she was always on the verge of tears. I couldn’t believe what I was watching. I felt somewhat  bad for her. She’s really a miserable person. But that’s her choice. She’s choosing to behave this way. Then I started laughing. I can’t believe how immature she is. She lacks basic self awareness and common sense. 

All of ladies had their hair and makeup touched up  once. But Megan had her done numerous times, especially under eye concealer, neck makeup ... 

Standing in the back or disappearing altogether  folding her arms either pouting, ranting or tearing up   Are my memories of Nutmeg hahahahah 

I'm going to rewatch it and see if I can spot you! haha.

Looking back at that particular segment and the way you described the behind the scenes of what we didn't see, I'm going to guess that something must have happened backstage and Meghan brought that tension with her onstage and per your account, it must have trickled into the exchange she had with Whoopi during the commercial break. I thought Sunny was the only one at the tabling aggressively pushing back on Abby and Meghan's talking points yet Meghan seemed more direct and stern when speaking in Whoopi's direction and this was before Whoopi cut the segment off and went to commercial. I can't think of any reason of what happened during that first segment that would have triggered that behaviour.

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, pinguina said:

Plus I agree with MM (color me shocked!!) that the orange guy using his personal cell phone for government conversations is worse, that was not what they were discussing

Did anyone have the nerve to point that out to her?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Thanks! Actually They all look skinnier in person

OH, please tell me that Nutmeg does not look skinny!  I know they say the camera adds 10 pounds, but in her case that would have to be more like 50. 

Was her screeching as evident in person as it is on TV? 

I'm trying to figure out what happens to them during a segment that would necessitate slapping on even more makeup during commercial breaks.  That part was an eye-opener.  They must have to sandblast that stuff off at the end of the day.

• Love 9

I spotted you Wonder Woman! Thanks again for the fantastic report, when she started screaming for no reason whatsoever I once again yelled STFU to my television  so loudly that I woke up and scared my poor elderly shih tzu. He is not happy. God, she really is a bitch isn't she? Nothing worse than a cry baby. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Again , thanks to everyone here. It was a fun and interesting experience. I loved sharing it with you all. I hope to go future tapings and others get the chance to. 

I’m in disbelief they continue to allow this woman to stay after what happened today in front of the audience. I’ve never seen someone blatantly and publicly disrespect their job, the people around them, and the public. 

You can tell they are over and done with her by how they just ignored her antics and tantrums. And rightly so. 

Yay!!!!! Haha 😆 

Thank you so much for all the juicy "at the show" information!  

Doesn't the show usually take a hiatus between Christmas and New Year's?  I'm wondering if when the show returns in January, 2019, it will return with one missing host?  Maybe TPTB are looking to do something at that time?  I know that it is horrible to lose your job during a holiday, but I feel that Meghan's time is running out.  

On the other hand, I'm still of the belief that they will keep her for as long as she can handle it, because she certainly is getting the show more publicity than it's had in recent years.  Publicity means ratings, ratings means advertising dollars, and that truly is the bottom line.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I noticed that, too.  Meghan really seems to be so uptight about anything sexual, or pertaining to certain female-centric body and health issues (menstruation, menopause, childbirth, etc.).  Is she really that uncomfortable discussing normal things that happen in women's  lives? 

But yet, she has an almost obsessive fascination/fan-doration for Erika Jayne, a persona that is built around objectifying and sexualizing women?  

Makes no sense.....

Half the people on the planet are women so how in the world can she be embarrassed about discussion biological issues.  Just to chime in - my mother had a really bad menopause where she would run the air in the Michigan winters.  I don't even think you're supposed to run an AC in temps below 70.  Mine was long but very mild.  Only head sweats at night - floppy head sweats. My periods just ceased and I never had any spotting or anything.  I guess I am lucky.

@WonderWuman73 - that was an awesome recount of the process and the show.  I have read that WW attendees very much dislike the lineup and waiting to get into the studio where you are rarely sitting with the people you came with and can even not make it into the studio.  It's nice to hear that at The View they take care of their guests better.

I need to look for you tomorrow.  I tried tonight but I zoned out.  Once again, thanks for the blow by blow.  All I can think of is how MM could even want to go to a job she hates that much.  Why would the PTB even want the problems she apparently causes.

Loved Candace Bergan!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I just don't get why she's so angry.

This, I believe, is her grief. I have said here before, when my best friend died after a long two years of illness (AIDS), and I needed him so much, I was LIVID for a good two years afterwards. I was slightly older than Meghan, and I was just so angry (at the world, at the disease, at God) that he was gone.

But tears, tantrums, stomping around, getting irate that a certain subject is even discussed -- in front of an audience? Holy cow.

I've always maintained that Meghan seems to have no idea what kind of show The View is. This is not a Sunday morning policywonk discussion. It's an on-air kaffee klatch, it's supposed to be fun.

Even when Joy had her show on Current TV, which had people from different political and religious worlds interacting, I can't remember anyone getting worked up anywhere near the way Meghan is on The View. Intense, maybe, at times. But mostly, it was fun, it was thought-provoking. She had the execrable Boris Epshteyn on regularly and even then no one took it as seriously -- or PERSONALLY -- as Meghan seems to take things on The View.

Maybe she thinks any criticism is personalized toward her.

Meghan's behavior is verging on unbearable to watch. She's acts like she's playing baccarat for her life's savings while everyone else is laughing over a game of penny gin rummy.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I have read that WW attendees very much dislike the lineup and waiting to get into the studio where you are rarely sitting with the people you came with and can even not make it into the studio.

What is WW? I went to a shooting of the Oprah show and they had an inspection that made TSA look like amateurs. I was sitting with my bestie post-inspection/pre-entering the studio, and took some paper out of my purse to draw a diagram for her of something. Bad move! Ten PAs came running up to me, panic-stricken, because PAPER was on the forbidden list. I felt like a second-grader who'd peed in my pants. But the chairs were comfy, we got to sit where and with whom we wanted, and we could hear everything.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 11