Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/19/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Eagerly waiting 😛😛😛, thank you for this tidbit 🤣.

Joy had me laughing my ass off. She was so not taking MM bullshit today. Joy laughing and dismissing Meghan had me 😍😍😍.

Interesting as many on here have mentioned Meghan majoring in art history.  They were all discussing the topic of men taking credit but sort of dipped into an art discussion and the history of male artists taking credit for a artistic woman's work. ...funny how that MM said nothing 😁

And didn't she even bitch about why they kept using artists as examples?

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Ok everyone-I’m on my way home. I will have a full and thorough report for you all as soon as I get settled. But let me leave you a sneak peek...  during each commercial break during todays show.. starting with the first one (NutMeg stormed off the set in tears after arguing some more with Whoopi pointing fingers etc ) then after each break storming off teary-eyed and pissy. 

It was shocking, exhilarating, and hilarious to see in person. I will fill you all later on the juicy details. 

OMG!  This is more exciting than when the Watergate scandal hit the news!  Well, for me at least :-).  Now I know that if they just showed what happens during the commercial breaks the ratings would be ten times higher.  Of course, Meghan would be shrieking for the camera man to go away, but after a few days they would just be like "just shutup and keep being you.  We love our Christmas bonuses just as much as you!".

Thanks for doing this!

• Love 16

Hi this is my first time in the forum.

Someone must have told Meghan she needs to stop. She was doing her "best effort" but she cant control herself. Now she is forbidden to talk.

I dont agree with Abby but I like when she inserts her past living in China. I think that makes her a nice addition. 

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, Anthea84 said:

Someone must have told Meghan she needs to stop. She was doing her "best effort" but she cant control herself. Now she is forbidden to talk.

I dont agree with Abby but I like when she inserts her past living in China. I think that makes her a nice addition. 

Welcome @Anthea84.  Enjoy!

• Love 8

Welcome to the forum!

Wasn't she an art history major?

I am an art historian and I find her ignorance offensive

Yes, she has a bachelor's degree in art history.

• Love 5

Just stop with the whataboutism and distraction Meghan and Abby - the topic was Ivanka. Not China and Russia and ambassador daddy Abby. Nor the children or whatever Meghan was shrieking about.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 19

How can she have a bad rating in uber. Last year I lived in London and used a lot. Always coming and going from the airports with bags. 

Is people different in the states because I never got a bad rating. 

I agree with Abby China'taxis are scary. I was there for 3 days, but I dont remmber Uber.

1) It is difficult to get a taxi because most taxi drivers dont speak english and dont want to carry tourists. 

2) They drive like madmen.  

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Ok everyone-I’m on my way home. I will have a full and thorough report for you all as soon as I get settled. But let me leave you a sneak peek...  during each commercial break during todays show.. starting with the first one (NutMeg stormed off the set in tears after arguing some more with Whoopi pointing fingers etc ) then after each break storming off teary-eyed and pissy. 

It was shocking, exhilarating, and hilarious to see in person. I will fill you all later on the juicy details. 

So exciting!! Can not wait...………….

• Love 6

I find interesting again Elisa or whatever her name does her usual crap on the day Candice came on and they showed the clip of Miles melting down as he talked about working at the View, perfect scene and uncomfortable everyone looked at the table as they knew it was truth.  I ask this everyday when is MM going to be gone.

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Just catching up now and Abby was going on about her hypocritical false equivalency bs and I blurted out Oh shut the fuck up you stupid twit, so I guess I’ve had enough of her fake niceness and pretend wanting of neutrality and equality.

And Whoopi, everyone goes through menopause differently so please spare us all the lectures, especially if yours lasted ‘20’ minutes. Watching Meghan squirm through any talk of the body in a sexual manner is always pretty funny, though. 

I noticed that, too.  Meghan really seems to be so uptight about anything sexual, or pertaining to certain female-centric body and health issues (menstruation, menopause, childbirth, etc.).  Is she really that uncomfortable discussing normal things that happen in women's  lives? 

But yet, she has an almost obsessive fascination/fan-doration for Erika Jayne, a persona that is built around objectifying and sexualizing women?  

Makes no sense.....

• Love 17

Sunny was off the mark bringing up nepotism - not that she doesn't make a point, but it was the wrong topic to make that point. Ivanka has been quite careful and deliberate when she speaks in front of cameras (the exact opposite of her father and brothers) and this situation, while wrong, I think Ivanka is being used as a surrogate for Trump because of the close association. That said, there's no way that she didn't know that she was breaking security protocol...not after being in tight with her father all campaign where she kept bringing up the email scandal and encouraging 'lock her up' chants.

I didn't think Abby and Meghan were as bad as others described them today. I think they made fair points - it's fair to point out the differences between Clinton's scandal and Ivanka's scandal (of course, Ivanka hasn't been investigated so they can't say there's nothing to it though I suspect there likely isn't), it's a fair point that there are much larger issues in play because they both feel it's unlikely that Ivanka did anything that posed a real threat to national security, HOWEVER, when it's your side of the aisle that's guilty of something and you deviate from talking explicitly about the topic at hand and instead talk about other things except for the headline, it's going to be seen as deflection, it doesn't matter what side you root for...it's going to be perceived the same way,

Kudos to Abby for acknowledging that funny is interpreted through your own lens. I don't know why Sunny seemed so shocked that Abby didn't find Michelle Wolfe funny. It's all subjective. Just like how she loves the event and Meghan thinks its stupid and the dumbest event ever. Whether you find any given year funny or not, I'm not sure why anyone would be bothered or like the fact that a comedian is no longer used at the event because to me, the comedian represents what's supposed to be the ultimate example of the 1st Amendment and is supposed to be a real life example of the freedoms that America represents and upholds to all its people - not every country affords someone the right to say whatever they want about the people in power (to their face no less) and be able to leave that building alive. I thought that was the brilliance of the comedy routine at this event - not that it was simply entertainment.

I thought Joy was getting a real kick getting under Meghan's skin, lol.

I think many people know of the trials of pregnancy but I there are just some experiences that you can't ever truly prepare for and no explanation or discussion can do it justice. Maybe Meghan's Uber rating is low because she generally talks too much. Not all drivers want to talk. Some of them just want to listen to their own music, drive and silence and collect their money afterward. I think it's always best to let the driver lead. If they want to talk, then you can engage but don't force conversations because you think that's the polite or pleasant thing to do.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Anthea84 said:

How can she have a bad rating in uber. Last year I lived in London and used a lot. Always coming and going from the airports with bags. 

Is people different in the states because I never got a bad rating.

It is unusual for people in the states to get bad Uber ratings.  But, this is Meghan and she is...  special.

• Love 16
45 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Eagerly waiting 😛😛😛, thank you for this tidbit 🤣.

Joy had me laughing my ass off. She was so not taking MM bullshit today. Joy laughing and dismissing Meghan had me 😍😍😍.

Interesting as many on here have mentioned Meghan majoring in art history.  They were all discussing the topic of men taking credit but sort of dipped into an art discussion and the history of male artists taking credit for a artistic woman's work. ...funny how that MM said nothing 😁

I thought she would at least have some type of educated comment to add to this conversation, given the art history degree.   Joy actually sounded more like the art history major with her comments about the various artists.

41 minutes ago, bannana said:

And didn't she even bitch about why they kept using artists as examples?

Yes, she did....I guess her husband's blue card prep doesn't include anything about artists and art history!  

• Love 16

Maybe Meghan's Uber rating is low because she generally talks too much. Not all drivers want to talk. Some of them just want to listen to their own music, drive and silence and collect their money afterward. I think it's always best to let the driver lead. If they want to talk, then you can engage but don't force conversations because you think that's the polite or pleasant thing to do.

I think you may be right. I always follow their lead. But it is the polite thing to do. You dont force people to talk to you

• Love 4

The balance of power on this show has definitely shifted the past month, and we probably won't find out for a while why exactly that is. Today was actually a pleasure to watch again because Joy and Sunny aren't biting their tongues anymore. Even with McCain screaming, I honestly didn't care because the others weren't catering to her tantrum and they didn't pat her on the back when they came back from commercial either the way they've done in the past.

• Love 20

@WonderWuman73  -  Your sneak peek was awesome!!!!  I literally cannot wait to hear the full rundown.  You could not have been there on a better day! 

Is it too soon to start seriously contemplating NutMeg's exit?  How long can she come to work and be this miserable?  Some touch chick she turned out to be.  Lol !!!!!

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The balance of power on this show has definitely shifted the past month, and we probably won't find out for a while why exactly that is

I think Meggie took too much time off after her father's funeral.  It seems to have given everyone on the show (on-stage and behind the scenes) a chance to re-evaluate her effect on the show  --  and maybe the ratings even ticked up during her absence.  Something tells me there were some serious meetings during all that time, and everyone is just sick and tired of her drama, her shrieking, her commandeering of the table, and I know without knowing that they're done coddling her. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The balance of power on this show has definitely shifted the past month, and we probably won't find out for a while why exactly that is. Today was actually a pleasure to watch again because Joy and Sunny aren't biting their tongues anymore. Even with McCain screaming, I honestly didn't care because the others weren't catering to her tantrum and they didn't pat her on the back when they came back from commercial either the way they've done in the past.

I agree. Something has changed - for the better, imo. Joy openly mocking Meghan and Meghan not even realizing it was a pleasure to watch. After watching the show a second time, I realized Joy mocked Meghan again when she asked her, "you went through puberty right? How was that experience?" after Meghan said she doesn't have kids and doesn't know anything about menopause. 

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The balance of power on this show has definitely shifted the past month,

The midterms are over.  There isn't another nationwide election for two years.  The audience doesn't need to hear Meghan explain Trump's base to us anymore.  The View might want to move on from politics and with Meghan "being in politics her whole life" she would bring nothing to the table.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, WonderWuman73 said:

SHUUUUUUUTTTT  UPPPPPP.  OMG, please get home...like now!!!

• Love 10

After watching the clip, I think Abby falls more in line with how I view the Ivanka issue with it being hypocritical, but not as important as other issues. Like she mentioned, if you're going to talk about everything hypocritical about the Trump administration, then you'd be here all night and then some. I wished Sunny let Abby finished her point, because it was a nuanced one...in a Abby kind of way.

• Love 7

I have to say that Candice Bergen is what everyone on the panel wishes they were.  Did you notice that instead of doing the usual fake hugging with everyone she only hugged select people, Whoopi, Joy and sorta of Wicked Witch but I think that was out respect for her Dad.  Also, people need to quit talking about Candice's dad because anyone who has read her books know their relationship was very difficult and Candice I think became a bigger star.

• Love 21
20 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I agree. Something has changed - for the better, imo. Joy openly mocking Meghan and Meghan not even realizing it was a pleasure to watch. After watching the show a second time, I realized Joy mocked Meghan again when she asked her, "you went through puberty right? How was that experience?" after Meghan said she doesn't have kids and doesn't know anything about menopause. 

Yes!  Joy was having none of Nutmeg's BS today, and she kept laughing every time she took a shot at her.  How many times have we heard NutMeg do her Valley Girl head shake and say that she's not a mom so she has nothing to say?  Today she says she is neither a mom nor is she in menopause.  But Abby talked about her mom's menopause, and it was actually hilarious, standing in front of the open fridge, buying the big fan for the bedroom (sound familiar? it does to me!).  Joy was probably sick and tired of hearing that NutMeg has nothing to say about a topic, unless it is one she can personally relate to, or is about Trump's base or, blah blah blah.  She is now deigning which topics they should not be talking about after they agreed to talk about them!

3 minutes ago, 1SimonMom said:

I have to say that Candice Bergen is what everyone on the panel wishes they were.  Did you notice that instead of doing the usual fake hugging with everyone she only hugged select people, Whoopi, Joy and sorta of Wicked Witch but I think that was out respect for her Dad.  Also, people need to quit talking about Candice's dad because anyone who has read her books know their relationship was very difficult and Candice I think became a bigger star.

I noticed that too, she hugged the people she obviously knows, and shook hands with the others.  And a sort of kiss/hand shake with NutMeg.

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

The midterms are over.  There isn't another nationwide election for two years.  The audience doesn't need to hear Meghan explain Trump's base to us anymore.  The View might want to move on from politics and with Meghan "being in politics her whole life" she would bring nothing to the table.

she also doesn't need to remind us that Arizona is the "middle of the country".

• Love 18

Great observations from everyone on the balance of power and how it has shifted right before our eyes the last few days!   I didn't even realize it was happening until I just read your astute observations.  Most noticeable changes in behaviour in Joy and Meghan.  Joy has her power back!!  And Meghan seems to be shrinking into herself.  She is no longer being coddled and babied after her tantrums.   Instead just sits there quiet and miserable-looking.  After reading what WonderWuman73 said occurred with Meghan during breaks I re-watched the show and her body language and demeanor is just screaming.  No body language experts required.  Things must be very interesting behind the scenes right now!!  Which made that Murphy Brown clip allllll the more enjoyable.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

SHUUUUUUUTTTT  UPPPPPP.  OMG, please get home...like now!!!

I can not wait! I know how Joy feels about crying on the job and that just adds fuel to the fire to resent MM.  When she continues to talk over everyone does she believe anyone can hear her or that whatever she is blabbing about will change someone's mind?  What's with why are we talking about artists? Whoopi  brought up Colette an author Joy also mentioned the writer that Glen Close played. ( The Wife , good movie) 

very amusing to tell Candace that they can handle it " believe me" if she's storming off stage and crying . 

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

very amusing to tell Candace that they can handle it " believe me" if she's storming off stage and crying . 

As we wait for all the between-commercial-break tea from @WonderWuman73 , I wonder if Meghan making comments like this is to keep up the idea that she's "tough" to the audience even though her co-workers know the truth?

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

She really doesn't bring anything else. Not that she is very good at explaining his base.  I'm so glad the midterms are over because as you said we don't need Meghan to explain his base anymore.  And that's why joy was over Meghan today.  Meghan trying to tell everyone that 35% of the country should be tipped toed around , that we should  always consider their feeling so we don't upset them( and ignore the ugliness they spout)

She couldn't joke around with the other woman concerning the topic of wishing someone had explained something to you before you went through it. Even when whoopi tried to include her in the conversation she just sat there.

I thought that Meghan (and the other ladies) did not really understand Whoopi's question - mostly due to Whoopi's rambling prior to bringing up the topic.  I think Meghan didn't feel she had anything to add because they were all mostly talking about menopause and childbirth.  And, when Whoopi expanded the topic to include Meghan (and specifically asked Meghan to chime in), I think at that point, Meghan was in such a snit she just DIDN'T want to participate in the conversation.  

Maybe Meghan should have answered that prior to joining "The View", she wished someone would have explained the proper rules of polite debate and conversation and that sitting on a "panel" does not mean that she is the only one who gets to impart her views and opinions, regardless of how loudly she speaks!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

The self-proclaimed "tough chick" stormed off stage in tears? Not surprised. When you have to constantly tell people how tough you are, the opposite is probably true... can't wait for the juicy details.

But how can this be? (I say sarcastically) When Whoops swears that they all love each other??? Ugh.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

TV DIVA QUEEN...honey you win the post of the day honey, you made me laugh so hard. Thank you! 

awwwww so sweet.  Thank you.  I'm feeling like a should do a dramatic stage bow...but that would be a bit extra.  :)))))

• Love 7
2 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

ZOMGZ I can't wait for the tea to be spilled! Maybe that's why Megs is always furiously sipping from her cup...trying to mask those angry tears until the commercial break!

Completely vain side note...Sunny's eyebrows are looking less caterpillar-ish...I think she had microblading done. The ink makes your eyebrows look dark and swollen for a few days before they lighten up, then you never have to fill them in again for ages...pretty awesome :-)

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

ZOMGZ I can't wait for the tea to be spilled! Maybe that's why Megs is always furiously sipping from her cup...trying to mask those angry tears until the commercial break!

Completely vain side note...Sunny's eyebrows are looking less caterpillar-ish...I think she had microblading done. The ink makes your eyebrows look dark and swollen for a few days before they lighten up, then you never have to fill them in again for ages...pretty awesome :-)

Ha - last night while watching the DVR I said outloud to myself  "ahhhh, Sunny got the microblade, they're starting to lighten up"  oh and  BT dubs, I'm coming up on a year on my microblade/shadow and I need a fill in.   'm finding myself touching them up and I don't want to even do that anymore.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

Are they going to allow you to post it here? I'm dying to hear all about it too!!!

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Ha - last night while watching the DVR I said outloud to myself  "ahhhh, Sunny got the microblade, they're starting to lighten up"  oh and  BT dubs, I'm coming up on a year on my microblade/shadow and I need a fill in.   'm finding myself touching them up and I don't want to even do that anymore.  

That's it. I didn't think about microblading with Sunny even though I had it last Tuesday and I'm probably at the caterpillar stage.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 1SimonMom said:

You really can't say that based on the time frames.  Edgar Bergen was a HUGE star.  Imagine being a ventriloquist with a RADIO show.

• Love 12