Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/19/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Sunny is very passionate about this now that it is Ivanka, but where was that passion when it was Hillary? Also, I think that it is a false equivalency. Hillary did a lot of illegal things with her emails including deleting them during an investigation and sending classified information. 

2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Kudos to Sunny for calling Abby out on her bullshit.

I kind of wanted to hear what Abby was trying to say before she was cut off.

I do think it's hypocritical, but no one on Trump's base will care so it doesn't matter. That being said, I don't think the media should be covering this topic as much as they are. Not because it's not a news story, it is, but it because it's distracting from other more important issues like the fact that there are still thousands of kids who are separated from their parents.

Maybe it's because I like Abby, but I think she's leaning more on this end as oppose to Meghan who brought up Hillary and was yelling over everyone.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I do think it's hypocritical, but no one on Trump's base will care so it doesn't matter.

This is what I didn't hear any of them say - his base doesn't care.

I guess it goes without saying, though.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 6

I’m new to the View forum but I get the impression that everyone is on the hate train for Megan ( which is understandable, she is a bit over the top) but I’m not loving Joy. She’s just as loud, over talks and is so blatantly unable to see any other point of view than her own that I’m embarrassed for her.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Gee, Meghan consistently gets bad Uber ratings... couldn't possibly have anything to do with her lovely personality...

giphy.gif

How to get a bad Uber rating 101:  drunk, throwing up, smoking a cigar, shooting squirrels out the window and crying about your dad who passed away, (in case you didn't know)  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 17

A reminder to talk about what was discussed on the show and not topics you wished were discussed. Also, let's move on from "the base" talk. It's personal politics and it's against the rules.

14 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

It's not hypocrisy from Joy and Sunny. It's hypocrisy from everyone who had fits about Hillary doing it and not caring Ivanka is doing it.

Yes. But they are also being hypocritical in the sense that they didn’t care when Hillary was doing it, but NOW it is a national security issue. Why wasn’t it a national security issue when Hillary was doing it? 

I agree with Abby. You can literally spend all day talking about hypocrisy, but to think that it is only on one side is very naive.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

How to get a bad Uber rating 101:  drunk, throwing up, smoking a cigar, shooting squirrels out the window and crying about your dad who passed away, (in case you didn't know)  

I'm sure Meghan thinks her bad rating is because she is a Republican.  Don't you know everywhere she goes people attack her for that?  Or so she says.

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Gee, Meghan consistently gets bad Uber ratings... couldn't possibly have anything to do with her lovely personality...

giphy.gif

God, can you imagine being stuck in a car with that shriek-y voice rat-a-tat-tat-ting in your ear non-stop in a faux Valley Girl accent???  No wonder Uber hates her.  I'm surprised a driver hasn't screeched to a halt, opened the door and kicked her fat ass the hell out. 

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 20

I don't think NutMeg knows what a nice honest conversation is (which she claims she has with Uber drivers).  She's the one who mentioned having "healthy debates" a while back which was one of The View's Twilight Zone moments.  I think Meghan probably puts in her Uber comment that she just made a new friend and the driver thinks "oh, hell no!" and gives her a low rating to kill the potential "friendship".

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I disagree. I think the only one out of line during the segment was McCain because as usual she started to scream unintelligibly over everyone so that nothing at all could be heard.

I really wanted that conversation to continue - I wanted to hear what both Abby and Sunny had to say, but unfortunately, because Meghan feels her opinions are the only ones that count, Whoopi had to shut it down and go to break.  And, as the camera was panning out prior to the commercial, Meghan was still side-eyeing the audience, and appeared to still be screaming at her co-hosts.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 24
21 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I'm anxiously awaiting your report on today's show and what happened during commercial break!!

I can tell you without even being there.....they all bury their heads in their phones and the make up crew comes out for a primping.  

• Love 7
Just now, TV Diva Queen said:

I can tell you without even being there.....they all bury their heads in their phones and the make up crew comes out for a primping.  

Haha yeah... I've seen some clips where they interact with the audience though. I also wonder what the vibe is in the room after such an explosive segment like the first one today.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I disagree. I think the only one out of line during the segment was McCain because as usual she started to scream unintelligibly over everyone so that nothing at all could be heard.

I actually just re-watched it actually and I see where your coming from I think she definitely initiated it because when you watch that live its hard to follow all you hear is a bunch of people talking or screaming over one another. The reason why Abby had to talk louder and then Sunny was because Meghan was shouting and they couldn't hear one another and it was getting misheard because you can't hear anything when Meghan is talking over them. Abby and Sunny were trying to have a debate/conversation which is why I respect Abby even though I disagree on some of her politics because she at least tries to have a clear debate and conversation and most importantly act like a respectful adult. Meghan definitely initiated the chaos during Segment 1. 

Edited by TheViewFirst1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

This is why I wasn't willing to jump on the "Good Job Meghan!" train yesterday. 

Same here.  I figured it might only last 24 hours and that's what happened.

Meghan is starting to remind me of an alligator.  It stays in hiding seeming all peaceful and then 2 days later it snaps its powerful jaws with no mercy.  Although I think NutMeg's jaw force is much higher than the alligator since it rarely bites while NutMeg exercises those jaws almost non-stop.   In a cage match she might just snap that poor alligator in two with little effort...  and then shoot a couple of squirrels for good measure.

Edited by fatewemake
  • Love 10

Yes shut the fuck up Abby and Meghan. Just because Ivanka is your friend, it doesn't mean she isn't wrong. It is possible to focus on multiple things at a time.

Also shut up Whoopi. Roasts don't have to be private cause you chose to do dumb shit and have your man show up in blackface.

Joy gave me life today with her Meghan needling.

• Love 20

THE BITCH IS BACK!!!

NutMeg snipes:  Can the Republicans talk?  Meaning, Joy should let Abby make her point.  Then Abby makes her point and she and Sunny are debating it and NutMeg starts screeching over both of them, so of course, no one could hear Abby's point.  I tried several times to understand what NutMeg was screeching about but it was impossible.

NutMeg also shrieked that SHE DIDN'T PICK THIS TOPIC!  After Whoopi pointed out that they agreed to discuss this topic.  Hahaha!!!

• Love 22

Just catching up now and Abby was going on about her hypocritical false equivalency bs and I blurted out Oh shut the fuck up you stupid twit, so I guess I’ve had enough of her fake niceness and pretend wanting of neutrality and equality.

And Whoopi, everyone goes through menopause differently so please spare us all the lectures, especially if yours lasted ‘20’ minutes. Watching Meghan squirm through any talk of the body in a sexual manner is always pretty funny, though. 

• Love 17
42 minutes ago, PeterBrady said:

If you are asserting that they were just saying it sarcastically to make a point then I agree with you. But I honestly don’t think that is what they were doing.

Yes. I do recall that. That is why I am saying that they were also being hypocritical.

Again, I would have to call for receipts on that because my memory serves me differently but others accounts do as well. Their defense of Clinton seemed to primarily come off the backs of the FBI investigation not finding anything they could move further with. I don't recall and can't find anything on their position before the FBI findings where they said 'I don't see the big deal with Clinton's emails'. Again, that is what they would have to say in order for their anger over the Ivanka issue to be considered hypocrisy. They were defensive of the second investigation and the timing of it being re-opened and made public knowledge (which was outside standard protocol) and they both argued that it had a huge impact on the elections - I personally disagree, but again, that point doesn't speak to hypocrisy.  My recollection differs from yours here so we'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

I’m new to the View forum but I get the impression that everyone is on the hate train for Megan ( which is understandable, she is a bit over the top) but I’m not loving Joy. She’s just as loud, over talks and is so blatantly unable to see any other point of view than her own that I’m embarrassed for her.

I think Meghan is generally a twat, but I've liked Joy less and less since Trump. She can't see past him on any issue. And I understand why, but it sometimes makes for grating viewing. Not as grating as Meghan, but still.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 8