Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/19/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, Nov. 19 
Sarah Silverman (“Ralph Breaks the Internet”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

Tuesday, Nov. 20 
 Candice Bergen (“Murphy Brown”)

Wednesday, Nov. 21 
“The View” celebrates Thanksgiving with Michael B. Jordan (“Creed II”) and Kristin Chenoweth (“I’m Coming Home”)

Thursday, Nov. 22 (ENCORE BROADCAST – OAD: 10/23/18)
 The View celebrates Meghan’s birthday with guests Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Andy Cohen (“Watch What Happens Live”) and Erika Jayne (“The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”; “The Pretty Mess Tour”) 

Friday, Nov. 23 – (ENCORE BROADCAST – OAD: 11/1/18)
Jason Segel (author, “OtherEarth”); Geraldo Rivera (“Murder in the Family”) 

• Love 3

I was about to say, "Wasn't it Meghan's birthday not to long ago?" Then I remembered that Americans celebrate Thanksgiving a month late. I wonder what made TPTB pick those two episodes though. Both are incredibly recent, so it seems strange for them to air it again.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I was about to say, "Wasn't it Meghan's birthday not to long ago?" Then I remembered that Americans celebrate Thanksgiving a month late. I wonder what made TPTB pick those two episodes though. Both are incredibly recent, so it seems strange for them to air it again.

I wish they’d air old episodes from back in the day...... I have wished this for a long time.

• Love 21
13 hours ago, Haleth said:

Are you kidding me??? Of all the shows to repeat they are reshooting Meghan’s birthday?  I guess no one will be watching anyway, but still. 

There are so many more recent shows they could air that would be more relevant than her birthday celebration.  Someone at ABC must either love Meghan or think the audience does.  I would love to know what her Q rating is. Do they still do those?   A low Q rating is what got Star Jones fired.  At least according to Barbara Walters.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

There are so many more recent shows they could air that would be more relevant than her birthday celebration.  Someone at ABC must either love Meghan or think the audience does.  I would love to know what her Q rating is. Do they still do those?   A low Q rating is what got Star Jones fired.  At least according to Barbara Walters.

I think that Megs is about to either quit or get fired and re-airing her stupid birthday show is a consolation prize. 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I think that Megs is about to either quit or get fired and re-airing her stupid birthday show is a consolation prize. 

The fact that Ana now has her own part in the intro, even if it only appears on Friday, gives me hope... as far as I can tell though Meghan's not going anywhere. TPTB seem to be her biggest fans.

• Love 6

The View celebrates Meghan’s birthday with guests Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Andy Cohen (“Watch What Happens Live”) and Erika Jayne (“The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”; “The Pretty Mess Tour”) 

Really?  Wow.  After the beyond cringe-worthy levels of second-hand embarrassment I felt for Meghan while watching her fall apart over Erika freaking Jayne, I'll pass.  I'm actually surprised that this episode is seeing the light of day.  If I was Meghan, I would have begged & pleaded with TPTB to never, ever air this episode ever again after watching myself get so out of control sweaty and out of breath over that. 

• Love 10

Why does Nutmeg love to keep repeating that phrase "my head would have exploded" like she said today?  Is she really trying to get our hopes up?  And, would we be able to notice it happened with that blood red extreme style pinata dress she is wearing?

• Love 8
1 minute ago, fatewemake said:

Why does Nutmeg love to keep repeating that phrase "my head would have exploded" like she said today?  Is she really trying to get our hopes up?  And, would we be able to notice it happened with that blood red extreme style pinata dress she is wearing?

Funny that she doesn't realize her head already figuratively explodes at the table everyday... 

• Love 10

Nutmeg just said Magnitsky was assassinated in 2009 and she was in England to commemorate the 10th anniversary of his death.  That does not compute.  2009 to 2018 does not add up to 10 years.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I loved Megan invoking the name of Sergei Magnitsky.   She made a lot of sense and was passionate about who he was and what he stood up for.  

This Meghan, the one who's not on the defensive, and who's passionate and knowledgeable about a subject, and not trying to parrot anyone else's viewpoints -- this Meghan, I like very much (also echoes of her eulogy for her dad).

She was clearly very informed and heartfelt about the subjects of Magnitsky and Russians attempting to infiltrate other world governments, and she made sense, and got her point across clearly. I didn't see her trying to be anyone except Meghan, which is rarely the version of her who shows up at the table.

I've noticed a lot less of the cray-cray and crosstalk since early last week, when Meghan came down from a three-day bender of insanity.

I could get used to this. Sadly, I don't think it will last. But I'm enjoying it while I can.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 16
47 minutes ago, fatewemake said:

😂

Speaking of her head exploding.  She keeps saying that if Obama did this or that her (see above reference) , my problem with Meggie, is she's never exploded in regards to the shit trump does. Has she ever gone off (exploded) on Trump.  I realize she did get pissed about her dad but who wouldn't?

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Maybe more trips to London will help...

I know they'd help me.  Any show without NutMeg is a good day in my book.  And as has been mentioned by others,  how ironic that she went to England, when all she does is disparage the place.  She probably read them the riot act about all things royal.  Stupid twit doesn't realize that in a very teeny tiny way, she's benefiting from being a certain brand of American royalty.  To the manor born, and all.   ---  She looked like a hot mess today, too.  Too much too long too blonde hair.  Blinding red outfit, with matching lips.  I swear, The View has the worst wardrobe and people in all of TV land. 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I know they'd help me.  Any show without NutMeg is a good day in my book.  And as has been mentioned by others,  how ironic that she went to England, when all she does is disparage the place.  She probably read them the riot act about all things royal.  Stupid twit doesn't realize that in a very teeny tiny way, she's benefiting from being a certain brand of American royalty.  To the manor born, and all.   ---  She looked like a hot mess today, too.  Too much too long too blonde hair.  Blinding red outfit, with matching lips.  I swear, The View has the worst wardrobe and people in all of TV land. 

I have to wonder if NutMeg likes the way she looks?  Wouldn't she have a say in her wardrobe?  Barbara Walters wore her own clothes (did she say because she was in the news division?  Long time ago, can't remember).

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I have to wonder if NutMeg likes the way she looks?  Wouldn't she have a say in her wardrobe?  Barbara Walters wore her own clothes (did she say because she was in the news division?  Long time ago, can't remember).

I remember NutMeg saying she doesn't care what they dress her in.

• Love 2
On 11/18/2018 at 9:02 AM, Jaded said:

Monday, Nov. 19 
Sarah Silverman (“Ralph Breaks the Internet”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

Tuesday, Nov. 20 
 Candice Bergen (“Murphy Brown”)

Wednesday, Nov. 21 
“The View” celebrates Thanksgiving with Michael B. Jordan (“Creed II”) and Kristin Chenoweth (“I’m Coming Home”)

Friday, Nov. 23 – (ENCORE BROADCAST – OAD: 11/1/18)
Jason Segel (author, “OtherEarth”); Geraldo Rivera (“Murder in the Family”) 

Where do you get this info?  Need to know if they're live week of Dec 17 and maybe where ever you look I can look too.  :) 

Here are a couple articles about Meghan's appearance in London, expanding on what she said today. I'm embarrassed to say I had never heard of Magnitsky before, so this is all new to me. In a weird way, I appreciate Meghan for being so concise and passionate about this subject matter, and it furthers my good opinion of Sen. McCain for being so supportive of the US passing it in 2012.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, bannana said:

I remember NutMeg saying she doesn't care what they dress her in.

She should care.  It might sound superficial but how you look a lot times determines how someone feels about you.  If  you look ridiculous people are less likely to take you seriously.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Where do you get this info?  Need to know if they're live week of Dec 17 and maybe where ever you look I can look too.  :) 

Here's their ticket site. (So far it only has info for the second week of December)

The site with the guest info doesn't have guest information that far out and doesn't mention if each episode is live or not.

Edited by Jaded
17 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Here's their ticket site. (So far it only has info for the second week of December)

The site with the guest info doesn't have guest information that far out and doesn't mention if each episode is live or not.

yeah - I go there about every 8-10 minutes or at least 25 time a day.  LOL  The View hasn't had shows added in like two weeks.  I'm looking for tickets for Dec 17, I already have Kelly on the 18th, had then for a couple weeks now too.  Oh well, I'll just continue doing what I do......That's the last item for my itinerary....I want it done.  Thanks anyway :) 

52 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Here are a couple articles about Meghan's appearance in London, expanding on what she said today. I'm embarrassed to say I had never heard of Magnitsky before, so this is all new to me. In a weird way, I appreciate Meghan for being so concise and passionate about this subject matter, and it furthers my good opinion of Sen. McCain for being so supportive of the US passing it in 2012.

Also, the Magnitsky  Act was one of the few bipartisan Bill to have come out, during that time. 

• Love 5

Good grief Meghan. When Trump did not visit the ceremony in Paris, or visit Arlington I DID NOT see your head explod last week. And WTF does Obama have to do with it? I hate this whataboutism of yours.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 19

I found it interesting that Meghan described how upset she would have been had Obama done what Trump did in Paris yet for all the ways she described her anger and outrage had it been Obama, she demonstrated none of it when speaking about how Trump handled things. And I want to be fair to her by saying that I thought she made it clear that she was disappointed in Trump not attending the event, however, I think she told a lot on herself in that segment between her words and actions that when bad or disagreeable politics happen outside of her Republican party, her anger and her frustration (and how she communicates those feelings) are much greater and project a much greater sin to her than when her own party does it. Also, the distinction of Trump's rhetoric vs what happens in other countries was not necessary and Meghan of all people should know that. When you thump your chest as being the best and most free, you don't justify an infringement on American values and freedoms by saying that those infringements are at least not as bad as these other countries that you trash for being oppressed states.

Meghan has had yet another solid day at the table. Third consecutive day...did she get a talking to or is it because she hasn't been that opposing to the topics that have been discussed lately? Time will tell.

Sarah's show is really about putting in action the very thing that Abby preaches quite a bit on the show - overcoming divisiveness to have real conversations with one another, regardless of whatever political ideologies you have. You may not have your mind changed but it's humanizing to understand the experiences that shapes someone's political ideologies. Maybe it is racist, sexist, homophobic, ageist, etc. but there's also a good chance that there's not and you can't find that out without those conversations. It's a difficult thing to do thought in the age of social media where reactions are immediate a lot of conversations are without compassion or empathy because people are often less considerate when it's just them, a keyboard and a pixelated screen. Also - that Mr. Rogers 'neighbour' comment was worth the entire interview, lol.

• Love 8

Of all days to go to show and it’s supposed to be raining tomorrow. Hopefully theyre not going to leave us waiting out there too long. My tickets got bumped up to Priority. I love Candice Bergen and Murphy Brown. I’m interested what question NutMeg  is going to ask her. 

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Of all days to go to show and it’s supposed to be raining tomorrow. Hopefully theyre not going to leave us waiting out there too long. My tickets got bumped up to Priority. I love Candice Bergen and Murphy Brown. I’m interested what question NutMeg  is going to ask her. 

You won't wait outside for Priority, at least I didn't.  Have a fun and please submit a full report upon your return.  ;)

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Nutmeg just said Magnitsky was assassinated in 2009 and she was in England to commemorate the 10th anniversary of his death.  That does not compute.  2009 to 2018 does not add up to 10 years.

I noticed that too.  He was arrested in 2008 - that is what the 10-year anniversary commemorates.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Good grief Meghan. When Trump did not visit the ceremony in Paris, or visit Arlington I DID NOT see your head explod last week. And WTF does Obama have to do with it? I hate this whataboutism of yours.

This is what drives me crazy when she brings Obama into it. He has nothing to do with it. It's like she just wants drop his name in with Trumps awful behavior. I've heard others do the "if Obama had done xyz," like Nicole Wallace but that's in a way to hold Republicans feet to the fire. Saying they are hypocrites and using a double standard.  MM just makes no sense.  Besides like we have said she has never "exploded" about Trump so, Stfu Meghan. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 16
52 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Whoopie really needs to stop that welcome to the view crap....I have to fast forward through it every day, cause it makes me puke. It's stupid.

Joy does it only once. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, TheView said:
54 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Whoopie really needs to stop that welcome to the view crap....I have to fast forward through it every day, cause it makes me puke. It's stupid.

Joy does it only once. 

That's how it SHOULD BE DONE!!    Whoopi does everything for self-aggrandizement.    We're mere viewers; what do we know?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

Out of curiosity I actually counted the "Welcome to The View"s today. Eleven.

2 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

1 hour ago, TheView said:

Joy does it only once. 

1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

That's how it SHOULD BE DONE!!    Whoopi does everything for self-aggrandizement.    We're mere viewers; what do we know?

I said it before and I stand by it:  WG does it to piss people off.  She knows it's annoying to some, so because she's so cantankerous, she says it a million times just because she can.  Joy doesn't need to play those games.

• Love 11

As annoying as it is, I think Whoopi’s years of smoking and subsequent pulmonary therapy have led to her repeated welcome. Every time she gets another “welcome to the view” out means she’s breathing more easily...just a thought.

• Love 2

I have to give MM credit for not using a single blue card during her explanation of her trip to London. Also I don't think she rolled her eyes once nor huffed and puffed about somthing the Democrats did.   I'm not going to loose to my  head though as she still came out with a sour face and remains ever so serious because it is hard work being her. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, maggiemae said:

4 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

This is what drives me crazy when she brings Obama into it. He has nothing to do with it. It's like she just wants drop his name in with Trumps awful behavior. I've heard others do the "if Obama had done xyz," like Nicole Wallace but that's in a way to hold Republicans feet to the fire. Saying they are hypocrites and using a double standard.  MM just makes no sense.  Besides like we have said she has never "exploded" about Trump so, Stfu Meghan. 

Seriously. Why doesn't she ever say "if George W. Bush had done this", because it has nothing to do with party--if ANY other president had behaved that way, everyone's heads would have exploded. I get that he's their party leader so no matter what he does, she (and so many others) cannot bring themselves to admit his awfulness. Bottom line, party before country. To admit the truth is too painful, people might think they've turned into a *shudder* democrat. 

Honestly, it must suck to be Meghan and Abby right now, and be in the position of trying to defend the indefensible. 

• Love 10