Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

S06.E06: Not What I Thought

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, CSS.MD said:

@Dance4Life Owh my Ghaaaad... You've just put Dorothy Wang on my radar: 

The vocal frrraeeeh...

I caaaaahn’t... 😂🤣🤣🤣

She can’t even put on her own makeup because she’s had professional MUA’s living in-house since she was in preschool?

I think she’s pretty funny, by the way.

Omg! Whaaaat?  Dorothy Wang is GOAT!  True life Crazy Rich Asian.  Her dad is a billionaire who owns all of China. (He is a Hadid type, rags to riches story, too).

The reality show aired some time ago on E!  It was Rich Kids of Beverly Hills. (?)

 

Dorothy didn’t flaunt her wealth in an obnoxious way.  She is so down to earth and funny.  She portrayed herself more like Cher from the movie Clueless. 

 

There was one episode when they were in China staying at a hotel.  She wanted to do a face mask.  She called Concierge in the middle of the night so they can open HER dad’s luxury department store. That is wealth! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dance4Life said:

Omg! Whaaaat?  Dorothy Wang is GOAT!  True life Crazy Rich Asian.  Her dad is a billionaire who owns all of China. (He is a Hadid type, rags to riches story, too).

The reality show aired some time ago on E!  It was Rich Kids of Beverly Hills. (?)

Dorothy didn’t flaunt her wealth in an obnoxious way.  She is so down to earth and funny.  She portrayed herself more like Cher from the movie Clueless. 

There was one episode when they were in China staying at a hotel.  She wanted to do a face mask.  She called Concierge in the middle of the night so they can open HER dad’s luxury department store. That is wealth! 

OMG I can’t wait for Leida to piss off someone important/influential like that in Jakarta!!!! 😱😂🍿🤣

Someone who grew up in the country with a rags-to-riches story of their own.

17297731-977F-42E1-8C4A-6E6AA240092C.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/19/2018 at 1:30 AM, gingerella said:

As a white person, I will never dismiss another person's racial experience, and I think to do so is what leads us to a place where people aren't allowed to have their feelings, and others dismiss situations because it's not their perception. I personally saw a lot of the blurred out people looking in their direction and looking at them walking around in that marketplace so yes, I saw people looking at them. If one is used to being in a majority, then suddenly finds themselves to be the only person of their race in a huge area, that can feel very uncomfortable. I have been the only white person for miles around in some African countries I've worked in, and walking around a crowded market with people staring at me because I'm a different color is not a fun experience, it's very uncomfortable to be looked at as different, or 'not from around here', as it were. It would be lovely if color didn't matter but it does, and to be black in a predominately white locale in America right now? I personally think Jay's crazy, no visa is worth that, IMO, YMMV.

 

They were being followed around by a camera,  lighting crew and a producer. That's unusual, and I'm sure the people were looking at them thinking, "who are these people?  Are they celebrities?  Are they on a TV show?  Why all the fuss for these two? ". I doubt the looks had anything to do with race, and if the cameras and crew were not following them around no one would notice them or give a crap.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

How long are these scenes in the car again? I think they’re pretty short (and notice how they’re edited). Maybe they have “window breaks”?

There is always much more filming than is shown.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

They were being followed around by a camera,  lighting crew and a producer. That's unusual, and I'm sure the people were looking at them thinking, "who are these people?  Are they celebrities?  Are they on a TV show?  Why all the fuss for these two? ". I doubt the looks had anything to do with race, and if the cameras and crew were not following them around no one would notice them or give a crap.

LOL. When I was smoll, I thought all TV was “reality” (documentary). 🤷🏻‍♀️ Like, I’d watch “Star Trek” reruns and I’d believe it was really people on a spaceship with camera people following them around. 😂 I wasn’t a very bright child. I’d watch cereal ads and see Aladin’s genie pop out of the box, and I’d wait and wait until a genie came out of mine (never). 🤣

I wised-up, eventually... 🥤

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/19/2018 at 4:31 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I think she is actually rather young.

When I was 19, I remember throwing a hissy fit and throwing a rock through my boyfriend's car window because I had to work the night of his fraternity formal and he wanted to take a friend.  (definitely a friend, as opposed to a "friend")  Looking back at it now, it makes me cringe.  We probably all have cringe-inducing memories of ourselves at 19!  (although not necessarily felonious memories, I admit)

Edited by Pink-n-Green
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

What I did expect, if they really are who they're portrayed to be on the show, was more designer stuff... Not necessarily ostentatious MONOGRAM! PURSE! or GINORMOUS! GUCCI! BUCKLE, but something more subtle/low-key like those items only the purse nerds/fashionistas can ID (then again, maybe they were wearing some but I couldn't ID anything because I'm not familiar with designer items). It's not about being a labelwhore, but since she's whining about everything Eric offers her, you'd think she'd be one of those "appreciate-the-craftsmanship-of-a-handsealed-Chanel-bottle" types. Eh.

Appreciated your insights about everything in your post.  My only comment/observation is that Leida appears to have a "designer" tattoo on the outside of her left hand/wrist.  I think it's Gucci, but I'm not all that familiar with designer items, either.  (Except for my 3 Michael Kors purses, purchased before I retired . . . when I had more disposable income.)  Pretty sure that little tattoo was a lot less expensive than my purses.  It may give the impression that she knows about classy stuff, but most of the "designer" bags, etc., can be knockoffs . . . showy, but fake.  Just like Leida.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Appreciated your insights about everything in your post.  My only comment/observation is that Leida appears to have a "designer" tattoo on the outside of her left hand/wrist.  I think it's Gucci, but I'm not all that familiar with designer items, either.  (Except for my 3 Michael Kors purses, purchased before I retired . . . when I had more disposable income.)  Pretty sure that little tattoo was a lot less expensive than my purses.  It may give the impression that she knows about classy stuff, but most of the "designer" bags, etc., can be knockoffs . . . showy, but fake.  Just like Leida.

It would be interesting to see if the wealthy (other than celebs) have embraced tattoos to the same degree as middle and lower income people.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I go to the gym 3-4x a week and have NEVER heard a woman make noises like that. Occasionally i hear guys do it when they are lifting but it's more like grunting. There was not a single woman in that gym except for Fernanda and she was loving every second. 

LOL, I have never willingly stepped inside a gym--but now that I am a full metal old lady, I make noises like Fernanda when I get up off the couch!

10 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

With Miss Dr. President, her sister kept bringing up that they wouldn’t allow her to stay if their expectations weren’t met. Yet Eric disappointed them at every turn, and her parents still allowed her to stay. Their motives aren’t as clear as to why they let everything slide, but none the less, their vetting of the future spouse was a strict as Hazel’s parents. Which was not at all lol. 

"Miss Dr. President" made me laugh very loudly. 

Its interesting--you state, correctly, that Leida's parents allowed her to stay. Both Kalani and Leida are under their parents' thumbs, or seemingly desperate for their approval. Both woman are almost 30 years old! And they are trotting their chosen partners before their families like some sort of show pony, in the hope of winning their approval, and moreover, their permission! I just don't get this. Yes, its nice if your family likes your chosen spouse. But to say "I hope they let me stay" or "I hope my family will allow me to marry" just seems odd. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, gunderda said:

Larissa has kids?????? 

They are living near or in PA Amish country too so Jay isn't the only one getting stared at.  Or everyone is just wondering how she suddenly acquired a black teenage son. 

Larissa has either 2 or 3 kids.  One lives with a relative of the child's father, and one lives with a relative of Larissa's.  She said she "plans" to bring one over, but only one (the one living with her relative).  It's been alleged there's a 3rd kid - not sure if that was confirmed.

Interracial couples are not unusual here, so I'd be fairly sure they were being looked at because of the camera crew.  Camera crews are not the norm here.  And people were fuzzed out because you have to sign a waiver to be on TV, and there were just too many people there.  People were fuzzed at the Reading Terminal Market too.

I'm not going to say racism doesn't exist here, because it does, but I'm not in a position to speak on that.  I have been stared at, discriminated against, etc, but not for racial reasons, so I tend to not discuss it because I have no true perspective on it.  But I will say this - Ashley could have done a much better job of trying to make him feel comfortable as he gets used to this area.  As someone else mentioned, there is a market on the West Shore that may have been more suited to him, as they have Carribean offerings.  There are also some big markets in York, and a really big awesome one in Allentown (my husband's hometown), neither of which is super far away.  Both of those cities are much more ethnically diverse than Lemoyne, where she took him.  Plus the market in Allentown has New York Pickle Company - their pickles are amazing.  She could also try to do a little more to calm his fears.  I would hope that once they get settled, she would look in to relocating to a different part of the greater HBG area, where he would feel a little more at ease.

Sadly, the area where Melanie and Devar live is not immigrant friendly.  I still fear a little for him.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Spike said:

The living room was pretty desolate for hoarders.

True.  Maybe they got rid of everything in the living room by moving it into bedrooms.  If they were serious about allowing Larissa to "decorate" as she wished, maybe that spurred them to give her a blank slate.  But you're right--real hoarders would've provided her with a pathway to decorate, not an empty room.

OTOH, where did those snowmen come from?  It's possible they were a welcoming new purchase, but they could as likely have come from a dusty box that had sat, unopened, for years at the bottom of piles of shit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I go to the gym 3-4x a week and have NEVER heard a woman make noises like that. Occasionally i hear guys do it when they are lifting but it's more like grunting. There was not a single woman in that gym except for Fernanda and she was loving every second. 

I'm into fitness. I work out about six times a week, including weight lifting. No one at any gym of which I've been a member has made sex noises while working out, even at the meat-market-iest gyms I've been to. Sometimes if you're struggling behind a weight you might grunt and a lot of people "whooo!" at the spinning classes I take, but sex noises, those are not. That was 100% performative attention-seeking behavior. She denied that she wanted attention; she was lying. Jonathan loved it. She was a status symbol for him in that moment.

Edited by Empress1 · Reason: switched "of" and "at" to make more sense
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I'm into fitness. I work out about six times a week, including weight lifting. No one of any gym at which I've been a member has made sex noises while working out, even at the meat-market-iest gyms I'v been to. Sometimes if you're struggling behind a weight you might grunt and a lot of people "whooo!" at the spinning classes I take, but sex noises, those are not. That was 100% performative attention-seeking behavior. She denied that she wanted attention; she was lying. Jonathan loved it. She was a status symbol for him in that moment.

I spend a lot of time working out too and I have never heard someone make sex noises when lifting.  Fernando was loving the attention of it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

LOL, I have never willingly stepped inside a gym--but now that I am a full metal old lady, I make noises like Fernanda when I get up off the couch!

"Miss Dr. President" made me laugh very loudly. 

Its interesting--you state, correctly, that Leida's parents allowed her to stay. Both Kalani and Leida are under their parents' thumbs, or seemingly desperate for their approval. Both woman are almost 30 years old! And they are trotting their chosen partners before their families like some sort of show pony, in the hope of winning their approval, and moreover, their permission! I just don't get this. Yes, its nice if your family likes your chosen spouse. But to say "I hope they let me stay" or "I hope my family will allow me to marry" just seems odd. 

Once there’s a baby on your breast, parental permission is sort of a moot point. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/19/2018 at 6:16 PM, Stacee said:

All he ever mentions is how much money his girlfriend's parents have. 

He talks about it like he scored some big prize (which he didn't) but on the flip side, he rejects it like it hurts his male pride. 

He shows off Leida like she is a trophy to boost his ego but at the end of the day, I don't think it's ever going to help with the sadness of his life. The life he is envisioning having her in his life isn't going to happen. That woman is just going to make it worse. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

When I was 19, I remember throwing a hissy fit and throwing a rock through my boyfriend's car window because I had to work the night of his fraternity formal and he wanted to take a friend.  (definitely a friend, as opposed to a "friend")  Looking back at it now, it makes me cringe.  We probably all have cringe-inducing memories of ourselves at 19!  (although not necessarily felonious memories, I admit)

Jon will be dealing her tantrums for a long time to come because that is what happens when you propose to a 19 year old girl.  He will cave to her all the time just to avoid the tantrum.

She may grow up, get an education and out grow Jon the Man Boy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

If Leida's father had real money, he would have swooped into Baraboo like King Jaffe Joffer, rejected the apartment, and offered to but them the biggest home in town. Instead, he offered to pay one or two months of rent. 

Her parents aren't that rich. Which is fine, but they shouldn't be making Eric feel like crap because he's less rich than they are.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

LOL, I have never willingly stepped inside a gym--but now that I am a full metal old lady, I make noises like Fernanda when I get up off the couch!

"Miss Dr. President" made me laugh very loudly. 

Its interesting--you state, correctly, that Leida's parents allowed her to stay. Both Kalani and Leida are under their parents' thumbs, or seemingly desperate for their approval. Both woman are almost 30 years old! And they are trotting their chosen partners before their families like some sort of show pony, in the hope of winning their approval, and moreover, their permission! I just don't get this. Yes, its nice if your family likes your chosen spouse. But to say "I hope they let me stay" or "I hope my family will allow me to marry" just seems odd. 

I stole if from Fresh Off the Boat, her son is planning on being a doctor and the president 😉. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, gavinmac said:

If Leida's father had real money, he would have swooped into Baraboo like King Jaffe Joffer, rejected the apartment, and offered to but them the biggest home in town. Instead, he offered to pay one or two months of rent. 

Her parents aren't that rich. Which is fine, but they shouldn't be making Eric feel like crap because he's less rich than they are.

I think Eric's idea of what is considered "rich" (like someone with a real couch not an inflatable sofa) might be skewed. Leida says her parents are rich, that might mean that they each have good jobs and make a nice income and it's not old family money.  I don't think Father Leida was trying to make Eric bad, it seemed like a genuine offer to help with a quick fix, after all it is for his daughter and grandchild.  

Leida might be lying to herself about her actual family wealth and if Eric knew there was a monetary difference early on he should have been very honest about his level of lifestyle.

Nothing says let's build a life together but start it with some lies.

Either way, someone will be disappointed.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

I think she said on the show that they didn't have enough time for her family to get their visas approved to come for their wedding.

I thought it was the lack of money? You could be right, tho.

 

3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

My only comment/observation is that Leida appears to have a "designer" tattoo on the outside of her left hand/wrist.  I think it's Gucci, but I'm not all that familiar with designer items, either.  (Except for my 3 Michael Kors purses, purchased before I retired . . . when I had more disposable income.)  Pretty sure that little tattoo was a lot less expensive than my purses.  It may give the impression that she knows about classy stuff, but most of the "designer" bags, etc., can be knockoffs . . . showy, but fake.  Just like Leida.

The tattoo you're thinking of is "CC" for Coco Cohen. She has another one that's "325" and another that says "leidaniel."

OMG it would be beyond tacky for someone to get a designer's logo tattoo'd on themselves!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

If Leida's father had real money, he would have swooped into Baraboo like King Jaffe Joffer, rejected the apartment, and offered to but them the biggest home in town. Instead, he offered to pay one or two months of rent. 

Her parents aren't that rich. Which is fine, but they shouldn't be making Eric feel like crap because he's less rich than they are.

Just because someone has money, doesn’t make them obligated to support their grown children.  I know lots of wealthy parents who feel that their children need to make their own way.   They can afford to buy them homes but chose not to.   My family has money, I don’t expect them to support me or give me money.   

It is Eric’s responsibly to support his family, not Leida’s father.   Clearly, Eric can barely support himself and catfished Leida.   If I was Leida’s father, I would be furious with Eric and be a lot more vocal than what was shown on TV.

I didn’t get the feeling that Leida’s parents were trying to make Eric feel bad.  They were concerned about the living conditions of their daughter and, more so, their grandson.  If I were them, I’d feel the same way and not be so nice.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Those living conditions are perfectly adequate and nicer than the home that 90% on Indonesians have. She's only going to be with him for two years until she gets a green card and job anyway.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

Her parents aren't that rich. Which is fine, but they shouldn't be making Eric feel like crap because he's less rich than they are.

The parents have not done anything to make Eric feel like crap.  He brought their daughter to a trashy, filthy apartment. There is one dirty single bed with nowhere for Leida and her son to sleep.

Eric made himself look and feel like crap.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

I thought it was the lack of money? You could be right, tho.

 

The tattoo you're thinking of is "CC" for Coco Cohen. She has another one that's "325" and another that says "leidaniel."

OMG it would be beyond tacky for someone to get a designer's logo tattoo'd on themselves!

Okay, I get it that her "ex" is Daniel, so "leidaniel" is one tattoo.  What's "325" mean, and who is "Coco Cohen?

Share this post


Link to post

If Leida wants some place nicer she should just ask her parents for money and then tell what's-his-face that it's HER money and she would like to contribute to getting them a bigger and nicer place. 

Kid- has to pay rent and her own way

Fiance - has to be taken care of like a child

Things seem a little warped in this scenario....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

Okay, I get it that her "ex" is Daniel, so "leidaniel" is one tattoo.  What's "325" mean, and who is "Coco Cohen?

I googled "325 Tattoo" and came up empty.  Maybe it's someone's birthday (March 25)?  Not sure about Coco Cohen either.  I know Cohen is some made-up name she allegedly uses and part of her "Cohen Rosen" stuff.  When I see the "CC" logo, I think of Coco Chanel, but I haven't seen that tattoo.  Just the "leidaniel" one.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

Just because someone has money, doesn’t make them obligated to support their grown children.  I know lots of wealthy parents who feel that their children need to make their own way.   They can afford to buy them homes but chose not to.   My family has money, I don’t expect them to support me or give me money.   

It is Eric’s responsibly to support his family, not Leida’s father.   Clearly, Eric can barely support himself and catfished Leida.   If I was Leida’s father, I would be furious with Eric and be a lot more vocal than what was shown on TV.

I didn’t get the feeling that Leida’s parents were trying to make Eric feel bad.  They were concerned about the living conditions of their daughter and, more so, their grandson.  If I were them, I’d feel the same way and not be so nice.  

However if they were crazy rich it would be a social no no to have a family member knowwn to be living like that.

Supporting the prodigal daughter in an appropriate style is one of the cost of riches 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, gavinmac said:

Those living conditions are perfectly adequate and nicer than the home that 90% on Indonesians have. She's only going to be with him for two years until she gets a green card and job anyway.

Eric's apartment may be much nicer than one in a developing country, but I sure as hell wouldnt feel comfortable to have a 5 year old child sleeping on a (air mattress? Mat ? Quilt on the floor ?) To share a room with his mom and her new husband who he barely even knows. Icky to me. I just feel that any child deserves a clean, uncluttered home and a suitable place to sleep, and being from a poor country shouldn't lower expectations (which doesnt matter anyway, since Allesandro did not apparantly live in poor conditions). Its not really about the luxury of the home. This child is going to need a LOT of support from Leida since she is all he knows in the US -ESL classes at school to begin with, since he probably doesnt know a word of English yet, making friends, acclimating to his new life in a strange place. Kinda sad to me :/

I noticed how Eric said his home was adequate for a child because there were no broken wires sticking out anywhere. What a jackass. Those are the standard minimum requirements by CPS guidelines. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, snarkish said:

On a side note, after watching this latest episode, THANK GOODNESS for DVR and fast forwarding for one main thing...the new Honey Bunches of Oats commercial. I love the HBOT factory lady, but seriously, I went to bed the other night chanting "Crispy, crunchy bunches. For breakfast, brunch. and lunches..." 

does it replace counting sheep? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

My only comment/observation is that Leida appears to have a "designer" tattoo on the outside of her left hand/wrist.  I think it's Gucci, but I'm not all that familiar with designer items, either. 

There are designer TATTOOS? Do the tattoo artists need some kind of copyright to use a designer's logo or could I just take a Sharpie and draw two stylized interlocking C's on my arm and pass it off as Chanel? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Kath94 said:

Okay, I get it that her "ex" is Daniel, so "leidaniel" is one tattoo.  What's "325" mean, and who is "Coco Cohen?

No idea.

2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I googled "325 Tattoo" and came up empty.  Maybe it's someone's birthday (March 25)?  Not sure about Coco Cohen either.  I know Cohen is some made-up name she allegedly uses and part of her "Cohen Rosen" stuff.  When I see the "CC" logo, I think of Coco Chanel, but I haven't seen that tattoo.  Just the "leidaniel" one.

You can see three of her tats in this short clip from the show.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

   If I was Leida’s father, I would be furious with Eric and be a lot more vocal than what was shown on TV.

I didn’t get the feeling that Leida’s parents were trying to make Eric feel bad.  They were concerned about the living conditions of their daughter and, more so, their grandson.  If I were them, I’d feel the same way and not be so nice.  

Leida’s father should be furious with Leida not Eric. She’s no innocent. She’s nearing 30, divorced , with a child that SHE should be making her 1st priority. She picked Eric and got this whole ball rolling, if we can see red flags all over, so should she.  If I were her folks I wouldn’t be bothering to come here, nor sending her sister, I might have suggested she leave the kid in Jakarta till the 90 days are up but if she insists on taking him, so be it.  She’ll either get disgusted with Eric and move on to another guy,  or she’ll become just as big a slob as he is. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

@iwasish,  agree with you 1000%.  

But I think they are there more for their grandson’s benefit than Leida’s.   Unfortunately, they probably cannot make Leida leave the child with them so they are forced to play nice with her.  I can easily see her using her son as a bargaining chip with her parents.  

As a grandparent, I can tell you that your child, no matter how bad of a parent they may be, hold all the cards when it comes to their kids.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I would like to have seen a Before the 90 Days season on these people.  There is so much I would like to know about their backgrounds.   Why do some couples get the Before the 90 Days and others not? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

I would like to have seen a Before the 90 Days season on these people.  There is so much I would like to know about their backgrounds.   Why do some couples get the Before the 90 Days and others not? 

Probably depends on where they are in the process when they approach TLC to be on the show.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Appreciated your insights about everything in your post.  My only comment/observation is that Leida appears to have a "designer" tattoo on the outside of her left hand/wrist.  I think it's Gucci, but I'm not all that familiar with designer items, either.  (Except for my 3 Michael Kors purses, purchased before I retired . . . when I had more disposable income.)  Pretty sure that little tattoo was a lot less expensive than my purses.  It may give the impression that she knows about classy stuff, but most of the "designer" bags, etc., can be knockoffs . . . showy, but fake.  Just like Leida.

Thank you for bothering to read it! 💛

If the small tattoo is a designer name, I can’t understand why anyone would “brand” themselves with a brandname. That’s like free advertising for the brand they just tattooed on themselves. (That’s not even brand loyality, is it? What is that even?)

Big companies make me so mad (because I’ve read all about their unethical practices, etc). LOL. In Indonesia, the online stores (like the equivalents of Amazon) have a “dropship” option where you can order something from a company’s official store and send it as a gift to someone under your name (as if you sent it). So sometimes I’d order toiletries/dry food to send to charities. One day, it was sent to my own address by mistake and I realised that they never included the “dropshipper’s” name, so it looked like this large corporation was the one sending the items to the charities as if it was “a CSR move” instead of a small gesture by a private citizen.

That was enough to make my blood boil.

I couldn’t accept a company was taking credit for my charity (even if I always send under false names for anonymity anyway), I can’t understand why anyone would tattoo a large corporation’s name on their actual bodies.

Sorry for the rant, BUT I REALLY HATE COMPANIES WITH A PASSION. LOL!

3 hours ago, magemaud said:

There are designer TATTOOS? Do the tattoo artists need some kind of copyright to use a designer's logo or could I just take a Sharpie and draw two stylized interlocking C's on my arm and pass it off as Chanel? 

Good question! 🤷🏻‍♀️

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLL! 😂😂😂🤣

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/19/2018 at 10:43 AM, Drogo said:

She is also the best catch (smart, fit, beautiful, affectionate, well-spoken), and Jonathan doesn't seem to be very appreciative of that. 

She might have a bit of an anger issue, but I don't know that we would have seen it had he not been doing dumb shit like not having a bed ready for them to sleep in, leaving exes' underwear for her to find and touching blondes' hips in clubs.  If all she wants is to be taken care of by a decent looking older man, there are plenty out there who would throw in a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T at no extra charge.   

I agree.

I also suspect that this isn't the first time he's openly flirted with other women in front of her.  He strikes me as the type of guy that loves to keep his women off balance and gets off on their insecurities.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

@iwasish,  agree with you 1000%.  

But I think they are there more for their grandson’s benefit than Leida’s.   Unfortunately, they probably cannot make Leida leave the child with them so they are forced to play nice with her.  I can easily see her using her son as a bargaining chip with her parents.  

As a grandparent, I can tell you that your child, no matter how bad of a parent they may be, hold all the cards when it comes to their kids.  

I know, grandchildren, nieces, nephews etc.they can all  be used to manipulate and punish those that love them. One thing I learned though is that most of the time, no matter how good grandpa/ma, uncle/aunt are to them, when push comes to shove, the kids side with mom or dad. Even when they’re treated horribly, they want mom and dad. 

So Aless is Leida’s  child, if she says she intends to take him, I  wouldn’t put up any arguments, once the threat of not  seeing him regularly gets no reaction, she loses whatever power she had.  And she may suddenly change her mind and leave him or send him home, allegedly for his benefit, 

Edited by iwasish
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think Eric's idea of what is considered "rich" (like someone with a real couch not an inflatable sofa) might be skewed. Leida says her parents are rich, that might mean that they each have good jobs and make a nice income and it's not old family money.  I don't think Father Leida was trying to make Eric bad, it seemed like a genuine offer to help with a quick fix, after all it is for his daughter and grandchild.  

Leida might be lying to herself about her actual family wealth and if Eric knew there was a monetary difference early on he should have been very honest about his level of lifestyle.

Nothing says let's build a life together but start it with some lies.

Either way, someone will be disappointed.

See, I don’t even think it’s possible that she’s old money...

If she were “old money”, she’d never say that “living in the country” means you’re “poor” in Indonesia.

Because if she were old money, she’d very likely Ben from a land-owning family who would own land... In the country. 🤷🏻‍♀️🕶🥤

Now, I will acknowledge that rural areas are poverty-stricken—because that’s just a fact of life (and there will be statistics to prove it). But if she were from a land-owning family, her family would likely employ those neighbours living in poverty (especially if they’re using that land for farming/they run a plantation, or as domestic workers).

How ungracious would you have to be to call your neighbours/employees “poor” like it’s a bad thing?

Further, plenty of wealthy Jakartans will have a vacation home in the mountains (which, again, will be in the country).

Her words are so telling and revealing of who she really is... When she insults other people, she really just insults herself—it’s like instant karma. 😏

Like, even from an AMERICAN perspective: What supposedly “wealthy” person wouldn’t understand the concept of a “vacation home”? (Granted the cabin Eric had to offer was modest, it wasn’t exactly an East Coast beach house—but same difference: A place that’s not your regular home to chill near nature in a secluded area, away from the city). 🌲🏕

She just keeps contradicting herself.

And she does seem delusional (thankfully her sister isn’t, and seems sane enough—I think the rest of the family seem decent too, I’m more amazed/fascinated by how she managed to drag her family around all the way to America for the show).

Edited by CSS.MD
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

@Dance4Life Owh my Ghaaaad... You've just put Dorothy Wang on my radar: 

The vocal frrraeeeh...

I caaaaahn’t... 😂🤣🤣🤣

She can’t even put on her own makeup because she’s had professional MUA’s living in-house since she was in preschool?

I think she’s pretty funny, by the way.

off topic but i love her, her voice bugs, but she reminds me of me with how many times she says "omg i'm such a bad listener...."  because relatable.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I would like to have seen a Before the 90 Days season on these people.  There is so much I would like to know about their backgrounds.   Why do some couples get the Before the 90 Days and others not? 

Hmmmm... I want to know the answer to this question too!

*Suspicous squinty-eyes*

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Kath94 said:

Okay, I get it that her "ex" is Daniel, so "leidaniel" is one tattoo.  What's "325" mean, and who is "Coco Cohen?

Perhaps to commemorate the day famehoe hit 325 subscribers on YouTube.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/19/2018 at 8:54 PM, Adeejay said:

 Baby Oliver was in more danger with his mother driving 80 mph and eating Cheetos, than he was when his father took him out of his car seat. 

To be fair, I believe it is an unofficial rule that one must drive at a speed that is relative to the majority of the other drivers on the road in order to avoid a crash. If everyone is going 80, its probably safer to go 80 as well than 65. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/21/2018 at 10:14 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

"Miss Dr. President" made me laugh very loudly. 

Anybody else get a "Dr. Mrs. the Monarch" vibe?

I actually admire Eric for turning down the offer of $ from Miss Dr. President's very successful and wealthy surgeon-father, but I wonder about her medical school tuition and other expenses, not to mention the difficulty of getting into a medical school in the first place.  Her father seems to believe that she wants to become a doctor, telling Eric he hopes Eric will make sure Leida can continue her education, and she told us that she wants to be a doctor in the US so she can make a lot of money, but the things we've seen her and Eric do don't support that goal.  I feel like they have a plan to make money, but it involves internet scamming--just my opinion--rather than the actual effort medical school would require.  Leida seems too ready to stay with Eric after her understandable horror at seeing where and how he lives.  What's up with that?  As others have asked, what was the point of her family vetting Eric if she wasn't going to listen to them anyway?  To rub in their faces that she'd rather live with snaggle-tooth, mangey Droopy in squalor than with them in splendor?  She and Eric *must* have something going on that we have not been allowed to see; otherwise, this makes no sense to me at all.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Other than the VISA, what else had Eric promised Lieda?  There is zero chemistry between them.  Did he promise her a place to live?  Because that junky place with his grown daughter in the next bedroom is not ideal.  Why hasn't he explained the LEGALITIES of having to pay child. support?  Why is she under the delusion that she can convince him to stop paying it?  Why is he telling his ex and the kids Lieda doesn't want to pay -- and making them hate her before they met her?  They are both horrid and kinda deserve each other for the lying (I don't think Lieda's family is as "wealthy" as he thinks....money is relative)......but I feel bad for her little boy.  

I am guessing Larissa gives the eye roll when Coltee wants a kiss because he is Very Demanding in the bedroom and she doesn't want to put up with his "romantic side" outside of the bedroom.  (ick). I like Larissa because she was clearly offered a bag of goods and Coltee is mean in not coming through for her.  I thought it was very interesting how smug Mother Coltee was at the Tell All given what was going on in real life....she's just happy they are imploding.

Asuelo does not deserve the Attitude from Kalani because she is using him completely while he's here.  She needs not only to Respect Him but to demand her family Respect the Father of her child.  For some unknown reason, she seems to think she is a Prize and he needs to Act Right in order to keep her.  So far, I haven't seen any of her prize winning qualities and he may wake up and go back to Samoa when he realizes he is getting set up for a life of criticism and contempt.  

I never liked Steven, but now I am scared for Olga.  He is mean and nasty.  I cannot imagine Mr. Eme talking to me like that after my c-section.  Are you kidding me?  I hope she is unable to get a Visa for her and her baby and he just has to go back to couch surfing in the US.  His insecurities are painful to watch.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 20/11/2018 at 7:32 PM, Lily247 said:

I go to the gym 3-4x a week and have NEVER heard a woman make noises like that. Occasionally i hear guys do it when they are lifting but it's more like grunting. There was not a single woman in that gym except for Fernanda and she was loving every second. 

For someone working so hard her make up looked nice and she hardly broke a sweat. I call shenanigans.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lily247 said:

To be fair, I believe it is an unofficial rule that one must drive at a speed that is relative to the majority of the other drivers on the road in order to avoid a crash. If everyone is going 80, its probably safer to go 80 as well than 65. 

I am curious as to what's the "unofficial rule" of driving 80 mph while eating Cheetos.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Lily247 said:

To be fair, I believe it is an unofficial rule that one must drive at a speed that is relative to the majority of the other drivers on the road in order to avoid a crash. If everyone is going 80, its probably safer to go 80 as well than 65. 

The speed limit on the interstates in Utah is 80 mph

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×