Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S27.E11: Week 9: Finale

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Kid said:

I agree with this completely. She did her job. She did her best to teach him to dance and then,  when that was impossible, she did her best to hide his weaknesses.  She is probably as amazed as anybody that they won.

And in regard to the seasons where she lost and should have one, she accepted  it graciously and like a professional.  There was no whining about the judges and there was no whining about Derek Hough as Maks did.

What I found funny is that I thought there would be less drama because Maks was gone. NOT TRUE!!!  I agree that Sharna has worked her butt off the past several years with her partners. And she was robbed with Charlie and James. But I do think it hurts the show that a non-dancer won. This is not a dance competition but at least the winner had some sort of dance ability and didn't have two left feet. Until now. Oh well, I will keep watching and griping until the show officially dies. I hope it can make it to season 30. That would be a good number to end it on. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Sharna was on instalive telling ones that were still mad about her win with Bobby that if they care and want to see good dancing then tune into WOD. I understand that she is tired of getting attacked but she needs to stop adding more fuel to the fire. She has to look at from both ways. Yes it isnt her fault they won,  the voting public voted but even with that she has to realize alot of people were not going to be happy with this decision at all and were going to come for her and bobby, its just the nature of the game really. I think she needs to do what she said and stay off sm for awhile and allow this thing to die down and stop feeding the beast.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

What I can’t understand is if they truly feel that win was deserved and there is absolutely nothing wrong with Bobby winning because “journey”, why won’t they shut up about it? Why do they care so much about what the “haters” think? Who are they trying to convince? 

Sharna keeps saying she’s not gonna dwell in the negativity but she keeps addressing it. Emma wrote some hideously long caption on IG finger wagging the “haters” and telling anyone who could read that Sharna deserves the win. 

They all know that win is embarrassing and tainted and they’re taking it out in the wrong people. Sharna will soon find out that she prefers being the one that was robbed or just simply unlucky vs being handed a mirror ball for winning with Bobby Bones. The former was loved and always rooted for. The latter will have backlash for a long time. Her attitude throughout the whole season didn’t help at all.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, HaaCHOO said:

This has gone on in the past.  Sarah Palin's fans voted for Bristol.  Some religious groups had calling trees for their favorite Fundamentalists.  In Bobby's/Sharna's case, voting was well-coordinated  and MASSIVE!

And sports fans passed their favorites' voting information on.  It'd be interesting to see how many voters actually watched the show. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, doLLish said:

They all know that win is embarrassing and tainted and they’re taking it out in the wrong people. Sharna will soon find out that she prefers being the one that was robbed or just simply unlucky vs being handed a mirror ball for winning with Bobby Bones. The former was loved and always rooted for. The latter will have backlash for a long time. Her attitude throughout the whole season didn’t help at all.

I don't agree that there will be backlash against Sharna for a long time. It seems the newer viewers and the ones upset that Tinashe and Juan Pablo were eliminated early are the ones who are upset with Sharna. The long time viewers said WTF when Bobby won and moved on, since this is the nature of the beast with this show.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Sharna did her job and earned the win, but really, Bobby didn't even need to dance at all. He could have just caught up on all he sleep he was missing, because it is evident that dancing was not a factor at all for his voters.

I think that's something Sharna needs to realize...a lot of people are irritated because, since dancing did not play a role in a show called "Dancing" with the Stars, this season almost feels like a big waste of time for everyone involved.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/22/2018 at 11:28 AM, lavenderblue said:

Had a bit of a thought about Bobby's narrative. I felt in Week 1 that as a dancer, he really wasn't terrible at all -- he was kind of raw and wild, but there seemed, to me, like something to build on there. He had a better understanding of rhythm than some truly awful contestants have, and did execute actual choreography. And then came the next week and the flossing antics, and the wheels fell off. He was the funny underdog guy, in his telling, and heavens, it's hard to be up against all these trained celebs! All a guy's got to go on is his fans! We get to the point where he's boasting about doing a few actual dance steps in a routine, indicating he proudly hasn't the prior weeks, and this merits reward. Culminating in a walk-and-talk freestyle and, as noted, a redo of another goofy dance, which wasn't terrible for what it was choreographed to be but sure wasn't a cha cha.

This is the long way of getting to the idea that I don't think Bobby was as hapless as he played himself out to be. I think he could have actually done something here, even if he'd still be inferior to the other finalists, or J-P, technically. Even Joe by the end was obviously better than he had been; Bobby got worse after Week 1 (not unheard of given the extra rehearsal time), and then more or less stagnated from Week 2 on.* But it's almost like actually working heavily to improve as a ballroom dancer and take Sharna's work seriously would have undermined the feel-good story that a guy can overcome all odds and beat all superiors through sheer...popularity among people who vote for a reality show.

*His contemporary was pretty basic but, like the jive, suggested he wasn't completely hopeless. On the other hand, it was his one big shot to play up his backstory, and was a chance to try for some crossover votes.

I totally agree with this analysis! I think there was dancer potential there (his energy and musicality), and for some reason it didn't seem to go anywhere. Whether it was because of his exhaustion (seriously, he looked so TIRED when he won!) or because of the "poor me the non-dancer" narrative or what, I don't know. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, calipiano81 said:

Sharna did her job and earned the win, but really, Bobby didn't even need to dance at all. He could have just caught up on all he sleep he was missing, because it is evident that dancing was not a factor at all for his voters.

I think that's something Sharna needs to realize...a lot of people are irritated because, since dancing did not play a role in a show called "Dancing" with the Stars, this season almost feels like a big waste of time for everyone involved.

It was for me.  He could have taken a shit on stage and still won.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I don't agree that there will be backlash against Sharna for a long time. It seems the newer viewers and the ones upset that Tinashe and Juan Pablo were eliminated early are the ones who are upset with Sharna. The long time viewers said WTF when Bobby won and moved on, since this is the nature of the beast with this show.

I dont know about this. It was alot people I saw on sm that said how they have been fans of the show since the beginning and werent going to watch anymore and how it was a disgrace for someone like Bobby to win, so I dont think it was just newer viewers at all or ones that were mad about Tinashe and Juan Pablo, it was acutally a combination of all tbh. as to why this is the worse win ever of dwts, that backlash will def. sting Sharna and the show for awhile.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/23/2018 at 4:02 PM, vdw84 said:

I think she needs to do what she said and stay off sm for awhile and allow this thing to die down and stop feeding the beast.

Maybe she can stay off DWTS for 2-3 seasons and see how she enjoys THAT!   (If there ever IS another season)

Edited by HaaCHOO · Reason: "off," not "of"
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, dirtydi said:

It was for me.  He could have taken a shit on stage and still won.

Bobby's win is another example that if a woman had shown the same antics he did, she wouldnt have never had chance in hell making it even to the semi none the less winning. Its doublestandard on how crazy and silly men can act over women but women must be the mature and sophisticated at all times while the men can act a fool and still be treated like gold by the masses.

Just now, HaaCHOO said:

Maybe she can stay of DWTS for 2-3 seasons and see how she enjoys THAT!   (If there ever IS another season)

Can she take Val with her as well. Im over him and Jenna Johnson show, maybe if he is off the show we want be stomach to anymore gagfest lovey/corny moments with those two.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

And sports fans passed their favorites' voting information on.  It'd be interesting to see how many voters actually watched the show. 

Fan blocks who don't like dance and there's lots of them do not watch the show.  David Ross' Chicago Cubs fans prime example. When he and Lindsay were on they just showed their dance on the board at Wrigley and told the fans in the stands the number to vote.  They weren't there to watch dancing.  That hasn't changed in eons, but what I don't get is giving a pittiful dance a 30.  It used to be if you screwed up as in no freaking musicality or rhythm you got docked accordingly.They gave Marie Osmond's doll dance a 22 . Even Season 10 that some have said they enjoyed none of the finalists got a perfect 30 for their finale dance.   Giving a 30 to a dufus who spits on dance as an artform just because it will align with his win is bs and the major reason why this show has lost it's sequins.  Maybe the showrunners want to sabatoge their show, who knows.  It sure feels like they want to take a dump on dance fans. 

Edited by Dancelove
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Sharna was on instalive telling ones that were still mad about her win with Bobby that if they care and want to see good dancing then tune into WOD.

Someone needs to tell Sharna that her answer makes no sense because the 2 main reasons people tune into DWTS is (1) for the celebrities and (2) for the dancing.  The attraction is BOTH, whereas WOD is more about professional dancers, most of whom the general public does not know.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

Someone needs to tell Sharna that her answer makes no sense because the 2 main reasons people tune into DWTS is (1) for the celebrities and (2) for the dancing.  The attraction is BOTH, whereas WOD is more about professional dancers, most of whom the general public does not know.

My take is Sharna saying if you want GOOD dancing don't watch this show.  You can't have both when you worship a celebrity with no ability whatsoever.  The past 26 seasons scoffed at this,because there are celebs who dance very well  but Sharna is justifying why Bones won.  

Edited by Dancelove
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, vdw84 said:

I dont know about this. It was alot people I saw on sm that said how they have been fans of the show since the beginning and werent going to watch anymore and how it was a disgrace for someone like Bobby to win, so I dont think it was just newer viewers at all or ones that were mad about Tinashe and Juan Pablo, it was acutally a combination of all tbh. as to why this is the worse win ever of dwts, that backlash will def. sting Sharna and the show for awhile.

Bobby's fans got their wish:  he won in spite of being a bad dancer, basically mocked the concept of actually learning, and left far better contestants having wasted their hard work.  As many of us have said, we doubt 90% of Bobby's fans had ever watched the show before...and still haven't.

Many long-time fans were truly disgusted by the outcome.  And so were many casual fans...who enjoyed tuning in for the fun of watching a celeb learn to dance.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sinycalone said:

Bobby's fans got their wish:  he won in spite of being a bad dancer, basically mocked the concept of actually learning, and left far better contestants having wasted their hard work.  As many of us have said, we doubt 90% 99% of Bobby's fans had ever watched the show before...and still haven't.

Many long-time fans were truly disgusted by the outcome.  And so were many casual fans...who enjoyed tuning in for the fun of watching a celeb learn to dance.

Fixed it for you! 😉

Truer words have never been spoken about the outcome. When Tom Bergeron’s reaction after reading your name on the note card goes viral, you know it’s bad. 

I really do wonder how the people who voted blindly for BB would feel if they ever watched anyone else’s dance and then watched BB dance, especially the 2nd to last week of the season when he proudly professed that he “did all of the steps for the first time ever!”

And by “all of the steps”, he did one basic Salsa step.

After three months of participation.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, vdw84 said:

I dont know about this. It was alot people I saw on sm that said how they have been fans of the show since the beginning and werent going to watch anymore and how it was a disgrace for someone like Bobby to win, so I dont think it was just newer viewers at all or ones that were mad about Tinashe and Juan Pablo, it was acutally a combination of all tbh. as to why this is the worse win ever of dwts, that backlash will def. sting Sharna and the show for awhile.

Yes, before now I think everyone regarded Kelly Monaco as the worst winner, but Bobby makes her look like Meryl Davis!

To put into perspective how totally WTF Bobby's win is, he had the 8th highest score average this season. 8th!!! Every other winner were one of the Top 2 scorers in their season, expect for Kelly M and Donald Driver who were 3rd. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

bobby’s win proves that people would rather mediocrity than actual talent. he won based on popularity and not ability. this win proves that major changes need to be made for this show if they want their ratings to rise. we cannot let this happen again.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/21/2018 at 9:56 PM, PBGamer89 said:

The shock of this comes down to that that "odd man out" finalist actually won. I blame many reasons. I blame the movement to get Sharna a win, I blame the fact that his fellow finalists didn't have that single strong backing like he did. The shippers got Alexis far, but the majority got tired of the showmance. Evanna and Milo had a strong backing of Disney and Potter fans, but a lot of casuals split their vote between those two. Add in the weird one night finale and weird last week votes mattering for the following week that we had, and it created the storm that was Bobby winning.

On behalf of vote splitters: I would argue that splitting is a problem in earlier rounds when you try to save one team while presuming another is safe, and then the presumably safe team is eliminated. Or in the finale when you have a preferred team but split because you have a preferred order, and then your preferred team doesn't win. (Better to wholly back your personal favorite for the win and not worry who gets 2nd, 3rd, etc..)

But when you don't have a finale favorite?  You could a) not vote, b) split your vote, c) randomly back one team, d) strategically back one team.  Option C is akin to flipping a coin or rolling the dice, and results in an evenly split vote overall. Option D requires undecided voters to guess a likely order of finish, and then decide whom to back towards achieving their end goal, e.g. preventing a Bobby win.  When there's no clear front-runner, the undecided voters' guesses and strategies will split pretty evenly, as will their votes.  So options B, C, and D all result in a split of the undecided votes.

The problem is option A.  Not voting helps no one, and hurts the cause.

This next part is hypothetical.  Let's say that Bobby got 40% of the fan vote heading into the finale. That would leave Milo, Evanna, and Alexis with an average 20% each. To make up a hypothetical 20% difference in the fan vote, the judges would need a hypothetical 20% difference in their finale scores. Giving Milo, Evanna, Alexis perfect 60's for the night would require giving Bobby a total of 20 scored points for both dances (hence 30% versus 10% of the total 200 scored points ). IOW, the judges would have to pull out season-low 3 and 4 paddles on finale night...not likely.

Now let's say that everyone who voted for Milo / Evanna / Alexis (whether dedicated or split) in this hypothetical example had doubled their number of votes. That would increase the total votes by 60%, shrink Bobby's share to 25%, and raise the Milo / Evanna / Alexis average to an equalizing 25%. That probably would give Milo the win outright (based off the official results), or at least would give the judges room for scoring adjustments.

What this hypothetical illustrates is that, with viewership down, the best tool long-time fans have against dominant fanbases is to vote more. Finding extra phone lines...creating extra accounts...voting at all, for non-voters...all help to neutralize power fanbases. Go ahead and split votes, should you want to remain neutral. The purpose is simply to throw more votes into the voting pool.

Therefore...I don't regret splitting 30 votes between Evanna and Milo...But I may regret not splitting 60...Or 100.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, sinycalone said:

Many long-time fans were truly disgusted by the outcome.  And so were many casual fans...who enjoyed tuning in for the fun of watching a celeb learn to dance.

Yes but neither the long time fans nor the casual viewers are holding a grudge or sending hate tweets to Sharna, threatening that she's going to feel backlash against her for a long time to come. That was my original point.....the regular viewers of the show are not making this about Sharna. That's only a certain group of people.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Yes but neither the long time fans nor the casual viewers are holding a grudge or sending hate tweets to Sharna, threatening that she's going to feel backlash against her for a long time to come. That was my original point.....the regular viewers of the show are not making this about Sharna. That's only a certain group of people.

Those two groups might not be torching Sharna.....but they are probably disgusted enough not to watch DWTS again...unles major changes are made.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

Those two groups might not be torching Sharna.....but they are probably disgusted enough not to watch DWTS again...unles major changes are made.

I've been watching this show since Season 6 and every season there are people who say they're never watching again until this is fixed or that is done. And every season there are people who do stop watching. And there are people who keep watching after saying they won't. I doubt this season will be any different.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:26 AM, SHD said:

I understand that it's always been largely a popularity contest. But when the dancing doesn't factor into it at all, they may as well just line up celebrities every week to stand there for two hours and tell people to vote for their favorite person.

I would say they could even bring Andy Dick back for that.  Maybe Grandmaster P and Bonner Bolton too.  Hell, might as well throw in Bristol Palin and Tom DeLay.

I still haven't watched this crapfest and may delete it from the DVR without watching it. I never saw the day coming when I seriously wonder if I will ever watch DWTS again, when it used to be my favorite TV show. 

Edited by SnarkyTart
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

And every season there are people who do stop watching.

I doubt if I made any announcements, but I did start watching less and less of the hour(s) until all I saw (mostly) were the dances and the scores.  You can imagine MY surprise when Bobby won because I didn't see any of his sob-stories or ridiculous cries for help.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I doubt if I made any announcements, but I did start watching less and less of the hour(s) until all I saw (mostly) were the dances and the scores.  You can imagine MY surprise when Bobby won because I didn't see any of his sob-stories or ridiculous cries for help.

Nor did I and I watched every show live. I think a lot of people are hung up on what he was saying on his radio show and his social media, neither of which I"m familiar with.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/21/2018 at 7:56 PM, PBGamer89 said:

 The shock of this comes down to that that "odd man out" finalist actually won. I blame many reasons. I blame the movement to get Sharna a win, I blame the fact that his fellow finalists didn't have that single strong backing like he did. The shippers got Alexis far, but the majority got tired of the showmance. Evanna and Milo had a strong backing of Disney and Potter fans, but a lot of casuals split their vote between those two. Add in the weird one night finale and weird last week votes mattering for the following week that we had, and it created the storm that was Bobby winning.

If you think about it, the vote splitting that likely occurred could be viewed as a consolation for this season's outcome.

It's not that the DWTS audience doesn't care about good dancing. The chunk of voting audience that cares about good dancing could actually have largely outnumbered Bobby's fanbase. It's just that the "good dancing" voters had as many as 8 options to choose from (Milo, Evanna, Alexis, Juan Pablo, Demarcus, Tinashe, and even John and Mary Lou were quite decent dancers). This  made for a great show early on. Unfortunately, as you said, no single "good dancer" got enough votes to overtake Bobby in the end. 

Edited by calipiano81
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Here are some thoughts....this show has always been one of my favorites! My favorite season was when Maks and Meryl won. However, I’ve kind of lost interest these last couple of seasons. We had some short, spring season of pro athletes and now this season...one I have no words for except disappointed.

So, with news that DWTS will only be shown once next year (in the fall), I’m wondering:

1) if the pros are concerned for their jobs? Won’t this be the first year that the show isn’t held in both spring and fall? 

2) if this disappointing season will effect sales of the DWTS live tour;

3) just curious as to what the conversation(s) were at Alfonso’s Thanksgiving gathering which included Sasha, Emma, and Keo.....? 

4) Will Cheryl bother to dance next fall since she and JP were truly robbed of that Mirrorball trophy?

I’d hate for this show to end as it’s always been so entertaining. Really love the pros! Sad that one season could possibly bring this show to its end! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, calipiano81 said:

If you think about it, the vote splitting that likely occurred could be viewed as a consolation for this season's outcome.

It's not that the DWTS audience doesn't care about good dancing. The chunk of voting audience that cares about good dancing could actually have largely outnumbered Bobby's fanbase. It's just that the "good dancing" voters had as many as 8 options to choose from (Milo, Evanna, Alexis, Juan Pablo, Demarcus, Tinashe, and even John and Mary Lou were quite decent dancers). This  made for a great show early on. Unfortunately, as you said, no single "good dancer" got enough votes to overtake Bobby in the end. 

I will admit it was alot of great dancers this season that we were bound to have a few shocking eliminations but my God, I didnt think we would have had a shocking winner. The thing is it was Bobbys fanbase that won it for him because most of dwts GP couldnt stand his ass.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

          Bobby Did Not Even Dance ! Alexis Barely Danced ! Both Milo And Evanna Got Perfect 60's For The Two Dances ! ! I Thought Milo Should Have Been The Winner And Won The Mirror Ball Trophy ! Another Thing Was That I Wanted Them To Say Who was Fourth Runner Up And Then Third Place And Have The Other Two Standing There And Then Tom Could Say The 2018 Champion OF Dancing With The Stars With Out Telling Who Was In Second Place ! Also, I Think They Should Have Done More With Holding The Mirror Ball Trophy AND Have More Confetti ! I Just Thought It Was Rushed Too Much AT The End ! Jody

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

          Hey Mtlchick. NO, That Did NOT Sound Odd ! What Happened Was Odd ! I Liked Milo's Free style Dance The Best ! That Is a Shame That Sharna Finally Won With THAT Free Style Dance ! Sharna Should Have Won When She Walked On Her Contestant's Back To Top Hat OR What Ever That Was Several Years Ago ! I Don't Remember His Free Style, But Sharna Should Have Won With the Car Racer ! Jody

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I DWTS has lost its way that's why the viewership is down. Bring it back to what it originally was: a ballroom/latin-focused show with seasoned professionals (remember when these were world champions, not just SYTYCD alumni?) teaching celebs how to perform these rules-heavy forms of dance.  Strictly Come Dancing is hugely popular as a show and tours, and is still a ratings winner although it's been on longer than DWTS. DWTS viewers don't even know what they are supposed to look for in particular dances because everything seems to have been jazzed up by these inexperienced pros and flipping Mandy Moore. They think performances with lots of mistakes should get high scores because they liked how they looked. They've made the show ordinary and unspecial by watering down what made it unique. Make the show classy and respectable again. Make Jazz and Contemporary choices, not compulsory dances that take away from the core and judges need to scold the pros when their celebs don't seem to have the basics down. Also, the viewers don't need to be informed by the show about any relationships forming between pros or celebs. Let people speculate and leave that to the media.

I had no issue with Bobby winning. That shows the power of the viewing public. He got more votes than everyone else. The audience needs to stop whining and vote for who they want. Would those complaining about Bobby's win like for the show to be solely decided by the judges? Should they remove the viewers' vote? Do you think the audience would be as invested in the show if their voices were muted and they had no say in who wins?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, comosedice said:

I had no issue with Bobby winning. That shows the power of the viewing public.

Problem is most of Bobby's fans probably never watched the show. They were given the voting information and cast votes without ever seeing how bad of a dancer Bobby was in this competition. They never got to see just how good the other contestants were.

Edited by luvthepros
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

Problem is most of Bobby's fans probably never watched the show. They were given the voting information and cast votes without ever seeing how bad of a dancer Bobby was in this competition. They never got to see just how good the other contestants were.

But that happens every season. They were putting David Ross's voting number on the Jumbotron during Cubs games and telling people to just dial it and vote. The difference is Rashad was hugely popular and the clear-cut favorite to win so he was getting all the "general public" votes while this season they were being split between Milo and Evanna.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

At least they showed David's actual dance that night on the Jumbotron (during a rain delay)....so the fans in the stands actually understood that it was a DANCE competition.  I don't think Bobby's fans cared one iota what the contest was...just that their "hero" won.

The fact that most of Bobby's whining and nastiness was minimized during the packages...but emerged on his SM and radio show... proves only that TPTB were trying to create an image that made ABC happy.

And, yes, I would guess most of Bobby's fans did not watch a minute of the show...nor will they in the future.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

37 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

At least they showed David's actual dance that night on the Jumbotron (during a rain delay)....so the fans in the stands actually understood that it was a DANCE competition.  I don't think Bobby's fans cared one iota what the contest was...just that their "hero" won.

The fact that most of Bobby's whining and nastiness was minimized during the packages...but emerged on his SM and radio show... proves only that TPTB were trying to create an image that made ABC happy.

And, yes, I would guess most of Bobby's fans did not watch a minute of the show...nor will they in the future.

But what I was responding to was luvthepros saying they never got to see just how good the other contestants were. The same is true of Cubs fans. They were showing David's dances on the Jumbotron, not the rest of the contestants.

And again it comes back to social media. The majority of complaints about Bobby are what he said and did on his radio show and his social media. I don't listen to his radio show or follow him on social media --- I rarely, if ever, follow any of the celebs unless it's someone I really grow to like, such as Rashad. So what he, or any other contestant, says and does on social media has no effect on me whatsoever or how I feel about them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, sinycalone said:

Those two groups might not be torching Sharna.....but they are probably disgusted enough not to watch DWTS again...unles major changes are made.

That's me.  I wouldn't go on Twitter and flame them (don't follow them).  I think that is the vocal minority (Twitter is Twitter).  The silent majority (the ones that are disgusted by the win) will simply stop watching w/out any noise and that's what hurts shows the most.  I simply went on the dwts twitter page and said I was done watching after  viewing all the seasons (even the stinky first).   And I meant it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, comosedice said:

I had no issue with Bobby winning. That shows the power of the viewing public. He got more votes than everyone else. The audience needs to stop whining and vote for who they want. Would those complaining about Bobby's win like for the show to be solely decided by the judges? Should they remove the viewers' vote? Do you think the audience would be as invested in the show if their voices were muted and they had no say in who wins?  

Considering not many people were watching this season to begin with, I don't think reducing the power of the viewer votes will cause any backlash. In fact, people will welcome it if it means the likes of Milo and Evanna don't lose again. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

For me, the difference between David and Bobby was that David actually tried to learn to dance. Bobby bragged very late in the season that it was the first time he danced every step. Bobby also walked and talked during his freestyle, he did very little dancing.

I have never said that I was never watching again and I’m not saying it now because I don’t know how I will feel about DWTS when the next season starts. I am very unhappy with the judges because of Bobby’s freestyle perfect score. He didn’t deserve it and even if it did not affect the win, they should not have given him a 30. It devalued the other perfect scores which were earned. Whether I watch again depends on how I feel when the new season starts.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ShellyD said:

For me, the difference between David and Bobby was that David actually tried to learn to dance. Bobby bragged very late in the season that it was the first time he danced every step. Bobby also walked and talked during his freestyle, he did very little dancing.

I have never said that I was never watching again and I’m not saying it now because I don’t know how I will feel about DWTS when the next season starts. I am very unhappy with the judges because of Bobby’s freestyle perfect score. He didn’t deserve it and even if it did not affect the win, they should not have given him a 30. It devalued the other perfect scores which were earned. Whether I watch again depends on how I feel when the new season starts.

Yes!! What you said!!

Check out David’s first dance of the season below. He had way more Quickstep content in his dance (and did it well!) than BB ever had in any dance at any point of season 27. 

I suspect “Grandpa Rossi’s” humility is also what made lots of people like him. He did the show to be an example for his kids, not for the legions of Cubs fans in the world.

Edited by Bridget
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, luvthepros said:

They were given the voting information and cast votes without ever seeing how bad of a dancer Bobby was in this competition. They never got to see just how good the other contestants were.

I know little/nothing about Bobby...definitely nothing about his fans.  I doubt if he or any of them care HOW he won.  He'll never understand the *universal disappointment; he merely thinks those who complain are a bunch of haters.   Yeah, a bunch of haters who will never trust that system again.

*universal-ish

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 11/23/2018 at 6:01 PM, calipiano81 said:

a lot of people are irritated because, since dancing did not play a role in a show called "Dancing" with the Stars, this season almost feels like a big waste of time for everyone involved.

This pretty much sums up this turd of a season for me. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised Bobby won when the voting has been a wreck all season. I mean, the wrong person went home every week until Joe left, and then again with a Juan Pablo. This low rent finale (Jenna and Joe again!?!) was fitting for crowning a joke of a contestant.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

         Hey Tired Me. I Watch Both Dancing With The Stars And The Voice On The Internet So I Watch Them On Different Days ! My Computer And I Think IT Is The Browser That I Use Does The Commercials And Then IT Rep[eats The Beginning OF Dancing With The Stars Where I Think IT Is Len That Says This Is Dancing With The Stars Finale And I Go Back To Where I Click On The Show And IT Goes To Commercials And IT Takes Around FOUR Hours So I Watch Double What You Would Have Seen ! Jody

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

         Hey Kaack. I Don't Know. Maybe You're Right.They Did Have All Stars A Second Time ! Then, They Had ALL Athletes ! I KNOW This Was A Horrible Season And Especially How The Season Ended, But I Hope The Show Does Not Get Cancelled ! We Will See Whether The Show Gets Cancelled ! Jody

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I know little/nothing about Bobby...definitely nothing about his fans.  I doubt if he or any of them care HOW he won.  He'll never understand the *universal disappointment; he merely thinks those who complain are a bunch of haters.   Yeah, a bunch of haters who will never trust that system again.

*universal-ish

There are a lot of people that are upset and posting on the DWTS FB page.  I agree that his fans don't care about the other contestants.  They post that the show is about a non-dancer that improves in dancing.  They think he improved.  Some say that he was entertaining.  Others just think the world of him and would vote for him no matter what.  They also keep saying that it's always been a popularity contest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, realdancemom said:

They also keep saying that it's always been a popularity contest.

Well technically that is true. It's just that many times the most popular person was actually a decent dancer, if not necessarily technically the "best".

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I don't watch American Idol, but isn't Bobby their "mentor"?  Guess now he can give them several pointers about how to win...when you don't have what it takes to BE a winner.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, sinycalone said:

The fact that most of Bobby's whining and nastiness was minimized during the packages...but emerged on his SM and radio show... proves only that TPTB were trying to create an image that made ABC happy.

And, yes, I would guess most of Bobby's fans did not watch a minute of the show...nor will they in the future.

They couldn't show him being nasty because he is their employee and they wanted him in the finals. I don't think they expected him to win, but they were definitely pimping him big time and they wanted him in the final three. I'm definitely tired of ABC tools in the finals, but they aren't going away any time soon. At least people like Ginger Zee could dance, though. This dumb ass was the Worst. Winner. Ever.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Well technically that is true. It's just that many times the most popular person was actually a decent dancer, if not necessarily technically the "best".

True but it just stings because Bobby is so bad.   That's why so many people are upset and they're going on FB demanding changes.  Also, West Coast people are upset because they couldn't vote.  I wouldn't know how to vote last week if it wasn't for this forum.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size