Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E11: Week 9: Finale

• Start Topic

All I have to say is WHAT! I really thought Milo was going to win, especially after that amazing freestyle. If not him, then Evanna. I guess I underestimated Bobby's fan base. 

Congratulations to Sharna for getting her first mirrorball, but really, this was not the partner she should have won with!

Edited by Sister Havana
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

AND WE DON'T EVEN FIND OUT WHO GOT SECOND, THIRD, AND FOURTH?

Right? I would've liked to at least hear about that. 

I thought for sure that after the first round of dances, they'd announce one or two of the people who didn't make it to the final three, or two, and then go from there with the remaining ones. When they didn't do that, and when they gave Bobby all 10s for his freestyle, I got a sinking feeling. 

Yeah. Suffice to say I am NOT happy with this result. 

13 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

On a positive note, I absolutely loved Milo's freestyle. One of my absolute favorites in a while. 

I loved it, too. It was so good. I loved how in sync they were with the umbrellas. 

I also loved Evanna's nod to Bjork's video during her freestyle :). It suited her-really cute and fun.

10 minutes ago, spanana said:

The whole finale sucked.  I'm not sure why most of the celebs from this season even showed up since they got zero air time and we were subjected to a Bachelor suckfest and some boring bump and grind numbers from the pros as opposed to any actual air time for eliminated celebs.  Or wait, I should say air time for any of the eliminated female celebs.  Sorry Nikki, Nancy, Mary Lou, Danielle...might as well have stayed home.  

Seriously, we really didn't need to show Joe's weird "I'm Too Sexy" dance again. And having somebody sing five minutes before the end of the episode altogether was weird-I kinda got the feeling everyone was standing there thinking, "So, this is nice, but can we just get to the results already?"

And again, they did the thing where they showed Robin Thicke singing instead of focusing on the couple performing. Stop doing that, show. 

• Love 15
Just now, Thalia said:

They pointedly kept the camera away from the judges after the announcement. 

I'm very unhappy, but at least Bobby had the grace not to jump up and down or pump his fist.  He knew this was not right. 

I actually thought from Bobby's initial reaction that he was going to refuse it. There was the start of a head shake but not a "I can't believe I won" head shake, more of a "Uh... this ain't right, y'all" head shake. But then they shoved the microphone in his face and the Mirror Ball trophy in his hands. 

I kinda wish he had. Now that would have been a hell of an ending (not that I'm complaining about this one. The voting worked the way it should and the show worked the way it always does). 

• Love 9

I think Dwts knows this is probably the end for them. Absolutely terrible outcome, look at the other 3 faces they were all like whaaat? The judges usually come over and congratulate the winner but none of them left their seats. Evanna and Milo were robbed. Country music robots just kept calling and calling. I really think this show is done. I know I’m out!

• Love 10

Well, I knew it'd be against all odds for Evanna and Keo to win it all, but still I am happy that they had such a good showing the whole season and a great night.

She really did improve that Tango and it was deserving of a perfect score, and their freestyle was fantastic, just everything I hoped it could be, totally top notch. That's how you take advantage of your first finale, Keo, well done. 

Keo brilliantly showcased Evanna at her best, something so few male pros seem willing to do and it's why so many fail, I feel, but Keo gave her his best and it showed, at least to me. He took everything brilliant about Evanna's dancing and personality and he let her shine. I love how he took a back-step, as Bruno pointed out, and he put the spotlight directly on her. It was magical. 

I swear, I am such a dork, I thought after their Tango and Tom was teasing something about to be revealed, I guessed it might be the revelation that they were now dating, heh. They would make an adorable couple though. 

Man, the rest of the show though...I pretty much only watched for the Evanna and Keo parts. Everything else was...a lot of something. This show still has the shittiest time management. I mean really, so much unnecessary filler, they just get worse and worse every season. 

Alexis and Alan's so called "romance" really is the stuff nightmares are made of. That girl seems in need of a good shrink more than anything, imho.  Or just someone to tell her that Instagram and a fake boyfriend is not the path to true happiness.  I know she danced tonight and she looked fine in both, but I really just think that girl needs to focus less on her fame and more on being happy in a healthy way. 

How do you remix "Ain't No Sunshine"? That song is perfection as is, I didn't like that at all. Milo did well, but I certainly wasn't blown away by any means.

CA always hyperboles her way through one freestyle at least every season so frankly she can sit and shush. 

At least Bobby has finally run his course, like an uncomfortable rash, I'm glad to be rid of him. That freestyle was a hot ass mess, just to put it mildly. I would have given it all 4s and that would have been generous frankly. 

The fact he won however is really a shame but, I guess he and his fans are thrilled so kudos to them. I guess it's something to be considered the most undeserving winner of the show in its' history, but knowing him he'll surely find a way to brag about it as usual. 

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

This is going to sound odd but I have never been that insulted by a freestyle on this show until Bobby and Sharna's.  And further insulted that it was given a THIRTY.  Based on him literally STOPPING TO TALK for a good portion, and jumping about and ended with Tom flossing his teeth.

And then he won. 

Show, we are officially DONE.  I won't be back until they revamp this from top to bottom.  I love you Tom.  But you can no longer save this mess. 

And the sad part is that I do not believe Sharna ever won before and she should have in those prior seasons.  Not in this one.

Also, why are they turning Erin into a bimbo???  

This season was really bad.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I actually thought from Bobby's initial reaction that he was going to refuse it. There was the start of a head shake but not a "I can't believe I won" head shake, more of a "Uh... this ain't right, y'all" head shake. But then they shoved the microphone in his face and the Mirror Ball trophy in his hands. 

I kinda wish he had. Now that would have been a hell of an ending (not that I'm complaining about this one. The voting worked the way it should and the show worked the way it always does). 

Oh, he would never.  I'm sure when he has his next radio show he will talk about how he had to pretend to be humble and shocked and surprised.  Same way he talked about how he had to pretend to be sad last week when JP left.

• Love 9

I'm confused . Isn't the finale usually bigger and 2 days ? Don't they usually go from the final four to final three and so on before the winner is announced ? Why do they spend so much time on filler performances when I'm pretty sure most of us would rather see them narrow down the number of dancers and give the winner more than one second of airtime .. bobby winning was definitely a shock . I knew Alexis wouldn't but really thought it would be milo . 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Uke said:

I really didn't think they'd do it, but they did!  Now cue all the "I'll never watch this show again" on SM.  I do wish they would have given us the 2nd, 3rd, 4th placements.

Considering how the ratings have been dropping I'd say many people who say "I'll never watch this show again" mean it. 

You know whats really crappy about this? I doubt ABC even cares. Bobby is part of the ABC family with his role on AI so they're probably ok with his win.

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

This is the 1st season I've passed on after about 4 episodes and I'm so glad I did. It just could not be salvaged. 

I also watched only the first 4 episodes. I had some back surgery and I’m in the hospital now. Figured they’d come and walk me at 9:55 pm. So I missed the finale. I guess I should be happy. We don’t even know the placement of the others. That sucks!!

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 3

It's probably not her fault, as I'm assuming she had no say in who her partner would be this season, but right now I'm hating on Sharna for pulling that dead weight around the dance floor for three months.  She cannot possibly feel any true pride in this victory.  And I would not want to be her in the dressing room afterwards.  She may have won the mirror ball but lost her buddies, along with her credibility.  Yeah, I'm pissed at her, alright.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, PBGamer89 said:

Kristyn Burtt said ABC Publicity told her this:

1. Bobby

2. Milo

3. Evanna

4. Alexis

Which sounds right.  I figured Milo had to be 2nd.  Well, I guess Bruno comparing Milo to Zendaya was a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy since she too was robbed and came in 2nd.  Though in her case, at least Kellie Pickler could you know, dance.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Pick which person shares your expression when Bobby was announced the winner. I'm Evanna.

Seriously, nobody really looks happy.

With his face and his partnership with Evanna, I now take back everything I said about Keo.  I was meh on him for his run on the show so far, but within my rage, I forgot to mention that he did wonders with her freestyle.  I don't think it topped Milo, but it should be remembered. 

• Love 21

Talk about a potty mouth when the "winner" was announced...good thing no one was here but me! When the judges gave Bobby 10's for his free style, they negated all of the other free style scores...he didn't even dance...he talked! My go to free style when I want to feel good was James's and Sharna's...now it will be Milo and Witney! That was so amazing, it was breath-taking! This season will be like Season 23...I know in my heart who won(James) and this year(Milo) and I will ignore the actual recipient of the Mirror Ball Trophy...note I did not say Winner...

• Love 12

I have been wanting to go see DWTS live for a few years now and this morning I told my fiance that I was going to definitely get us tickets this year because we just moved to NYC and it will be so easy to get to the theater. Now I just did a complete 180. There is a 0% chance I go support that absolute trash after the finale. Maybe if next season it isn't a complete dumpster fire I will consider it.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Pick which person shares your expression when Bobby was announced the winner. I'm Evanna.

Hmmmmm...I think I must go with Keo's expression of just sheer and total dumbfoundednesss. I felt him so hard in that moment. 

Maybe it was just me but did anyone else feel a good chunk of the live audience wanted to boo his win? Like a rewind of last week?

I definitely think the overall mood wasn't the usual jovial all out blastoff party I've seen every other season. 

• Love 15

First time ever that this show has genuinely rendered me speechless. Bravo DWTS, what a way to possibly go out on. A long year of reflection ahead for ABC, the show and viewers with the reputation of the show now in tatters with him winning. Think the worst thing about the show not coming back is going out on a season like that. Deary me!

• Love 8

Well, that was a disappointment!  Bobby is without a doubt the worst winner ever.  We saw some beautiful dancers go before their time and ended up with a "winner" who could barely move. And mileage definitely varies on whether he was really entertaining.  For me, he was not.  I'm happy for Sharna that she finally got a win, but she should have gotten it earlier with some of her other partners.  I can't imagine she would be all that proud of this one. 

Keo did a wonderful freestyle - I loved how he let Evanna be front and center and dance by herself.  What a great showcase for her.  Also loved Witney's choreography for Milo, and he danced it beautifully.  Did not like Alan's choreography, and I find it hard to imagine how Sharna could possibly have choreographed any less for Bobby to do.  That he got 30s for that just means the others should have gotten 11s and 12s because to give them all perfect scores was just kind of insulting to the others.

I did not care for this one night finale at all. I liked having them do the three dances with the fusion dance on the second night. It sucks that people on the West Coast couldn't vote for the winners.  I missed seeing the behind-the-scenes stuff. I missed seeing all of the previous contestants returning to dance.  It all just felt so rushed.  This was not an improvement as far as we were concerned.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Keo's face is the one taking me out. 

6 minutes ago, spanana said:

Which sounds right.  I figured Milo had to be 2nd.  Well, I guess Bruno comparing Milo to Zendaya was a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy since she too was robbed and came in 2nd.  Though in her case, at least Kellie Pickler could you know, dance.

YMMV but in my opinion Zendaya wasn't robbed, Val just choked with the freestyle like his brother did with Mel B and Cheryl did with Gilles. I actually watched Zendaya's freestyle again some months back to see if it was as bad as I remembered it being. And it was...worse. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, spanana said:

Kellie Pickler won this show?

• Love 1
Just now, mtlchick said:

With his face and his partnership with Evanna, I now take back everything I said about Keo.  I was meh on him for his run on the show so far, but within my rage, I forgot to mention that he did wonders with her freestyle.  I don't think it topped Milo, but it should be remembered. 

What was the purpose of the contestants doing a freestyle when really the votes and scores of last week is who determined who won tonight.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

YMMV but in my opinion Zendaya wasn't robbed, Val just choked with the freestyle like his brother with Mel B. I actually watched Zendaya's freestyle again some months back to see if it was as bad as I remembered it being. And it was...worse. 

I don't know how regular watchers can stomach Val. I am watching the Junior version and he is annoying, and not at all as attractive or cool as he thinks he is. 

• Love 4
Just now, catrice2 said:

I'm not sure if this is a serious question or sarcasm, but yes, she won.  She came in 1st in S16 against Zendaya.  The latter was robbed and there was a huge voting snafu, but Kellie at least had recognizable dance talent.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, catrice2 said:

With Derek. It was quite the season. But she could move though so she was not the female Bobby in any way, shape, or form. And she was a sweetheart in personality, I enjoyed her and was not expecting to at all. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, LadyMustang65 said:

.  That he got 30s for that just means the others should have gotten 11s and 12s because to give them all perfect scores was just kind of insulting to the others

Yes, my feelings exactly! Actually the rest should have gotten 15's!!!!

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

YMMV but in my opinion Zendaya wasn't robbed, Val just choked with the freestyle like his brother did with Mel B and Cheryl did with Gilles. I actually watched Zendaya's freestyle again some months back to see if it was as bad as I remembered it being. And it was...worse. 

Yes, but robbed over the course of the entire season.  I don't disagree Val choked.  And it will always have an asterisk due to the entire voting system crashing on finale night and all online votes being thrown out, so there is always some question there.

I am all of their faces.  Keo, Milo, Witney, Alexis...I am all of them.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

kinda got the feeling everyone was standing there thinking, "So, this is nice, but can we just get to the results already?"

LOL I know I was thinking that. Usually, I don't mind the last song but - I'm not sure if it was different this year - but it felt so close to the end that I just wanted them to wrap it up.

7 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

There's no way on God's green Earth he would have done that. This guy has whined his way through social media acting like winning was his God given right. They've been begging for votes.  I'm sure he was stunned to win, but there was no way he was giving it up. I think he actually believes he deserves it.

9 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The voting worked the way it should and the show worked the way it always does

I, honestly, don't believe this worked out the way it always does. I'm usually someone who will argue this isn't a true dance competition and is more a combination dance/popularity contestant. And, while there will be plenty who throw out certain names (Helio, Donny, Bindi) who might not have been a really deserving winner usually the voters get it "right" and have never handed the Mirror Ball to someone who outright sucked...until tonight. That's why even though people talked about what a rabid fanbase David Ross had, I was sure he wouldn't win. I've never seen them get it <i>this</i> bad before.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ha ha.....I think I looked like Keo….shocked & dismayed    Or maybe Alexis who looks like she is saying "WHAAAT"?!

• Love 4

Ridiculous

I knew Bobby was the winner after the judges' scores and comments for that ridiculous freestyle. 

Milo and Whitney's freestyle was great and Evanna and Keo's darn good as well.

My favorite dancer nor the best dancer hasn't always won, but until tonight. I always felt the winner was okay to good. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I, honestly, don't believe this worked out the way it always does. I'm usually someone who will argue this isn't a true dance competition and is more a combination dance/popularity contestant. And, while there will be plenty who throw out certain names (Helio, Donny, Bindi) who might not have been a really deserving winner usually the voters get it "right" and have never handed the Mirror Ball to someone who outright sucked...until tonight. That's why even though people talked about what a rabid fanbase David Ross had, I was sure he wouldn't win. I've never seen them get it <i>this</i> bad before.

How not? People voted for who they wanted to win, the person with the most votes won. It's always been a popularity contest, not a talent contest. 

• Love 9

Milo got screwed. He was one of my favorite contestants in YEARS — that kid has charisma and talent and deserved this win.  Whitney did too; they had an outstanding partnership over the whole season.

The one plus is that Milo’s young, he’s got a bright future, and I bet he’s going places. Can’t say the same for Bobby. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, spanana said:

Yes, but robbed over the course of the entire season.

How was she robbed over the course of the entire season when she was near or topping the leader board throughout the season? But far from that, going back tonight, I think we can all agree that nothing that has ever happened on this show before was as bad as this?

• Love 4

I didn't hate Bobby like most people.....I actually found him kind of entertaining and I appreciated that he was enjoying himself and truly seemed to want to be there.....but even I'm at a loss for words at this one. For his fan base to break through over much more talented dancers and much higher scores when other huge fan bases could not overcome a better dancer and higher scores pretty much says all you need to know about the regular viewership of this show and where it's gone.

Aside from this outcome, which may have just killed the show, I thought this finale sucked. I hated the opening, hated that Jenna is ALWAYS front and center in these group numbers thanks to her love affair with Mandy Moore. I don't like the inside/outside thing much, but since they've started doing it, there was always an electricity outside that was missing tonight. I wanted to see bloopers and the eliminated contestants dance. Why did Nancy, Danelle and Mary Lou even show up? DeMarcus and Nikki only came to be in Bobby's freestyle? And I'm sorry but the trio of shirtless Val/Artem/Gleb is starting to remind me of the Two Wild & Crazy Guys plus one.

All the guys but DeMarcus going on tour? Yeah, I'm glad I'm busy the night it's near me.

Here I was convinced Peta and Maks would try to steal the spotlight by announcing a pregnancy as soon as the show was over, but I think Erin beat them to the punch. Clearly she has a little coke dealer in the oven.

Now that Sharna's finally got her MBT can we please give Artem a real shot at getting one himself? That was the one part of the finale I did love.....the pro dance between Sharna and Artem. That's another thing the show needs to bring back.....real pro dances, not these pro/pro couples up there doing kissy face to the music.

One final note. I don't want to name names but following a certain person Twitter is hilarious. They claim their website is unbiased but every week I crack up watching everyone but this poster's chosen one get trashed and the passive aggressive tweets trying to get all the minions to vote the way they want.

At this point, whether or not I watch again will depend on what else comes along on Monday nights. I've got something every other night of the week and if I find something I like to fill the Monday night void then so be it.  I'm afraid that's the risk they run going to once a year.

Thank you all for an enjoyable season. The season itself may have sucked, but I've enjoyed coming here and talking to all of you!

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, spanana said:

Somewhere Helio is breathing a sigh of relief that he is no longer the worst winner in the show's history.

Bobby makes Helio look like a blackpool champ.

What a disgrace.

• Love 8

I did like that dude lift in Bones' dance, though. Cracked me up.  (I didn't watch any of this season, but I was rooting hard for Keo.  He has had so many duds over the years, and took a lot of trash from the judges.)

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

How not? People voted for who they wanted to win, the person with the most votes won. It's always been a popularity contest, not a talent contest. 

Because usually even if the best dancer doesn't win, somebody with some semblance of talent does.  This is the first time I can ever say with confidence that the person that won has zero dance ability and zero dance talent and yet actually managed to win.  That is certainly a first.  Trying to compare this guy to a Donny Osmond or Bindi or Nyle or anyone doesn't work.  He's not even a Helio.

• Love 21
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

On the plus side, Bobby is gonna hear nonstop that this was the worst finale for DWTS awarding the worst winner for a LOOOOOONG time. That has to hurt his ego.

I totally agree and it warms the cackles of my dark heart, heh.

He wanted to be "that guy" who half-assed and messed around and made everything into a joke, so he has no reason now to complain and whine if he suddenly realizes that he'll be seen as the butt of said joke, that his win is seen by many as total tripe and undeserved bs for a silly clown. 

• Love 14