Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E11: Week 9: Finale

• Start Topic

To say something somewhat positive about the finale I thought Milo's freestyle was AMAZING! One of the best I've seen in years! I was honestly with Carrie Ann for once with the dumbfounded look on her face. I think one of the things I liked about it was that it actually took me back to freestyles from earlier seasons. I think freestyles have suffered in recent seasons because by the time the season is over the freestyles tend to look like all the other dances because of so many of the regular dances having over the top productions and using so many troupe members. Milo's freestyle was just so refreshing and a change of pace. I really liked Evanna's freestyle as well (especially since I really like that song) but it didn't feel that different from a regular season performance.

Given that he *gag* won I guess I really did underestimate just how rabid Bobby's base was, but despite that, I wonder if the outcome would have been different if we actually had the usual second night finale. I don't know if any amount of lowballing would have hurt Bobby but maybe the producer s could have given the judges the nudge and when they did the second-night fusion dance they could have pulled a Bristol Palin and widened the gap as much as they possibly could. Also, I don't know if freestyles really make or break seasons now, but I have a feeling if there was a second night Milo's (And Evanna's) freestyles would have earned them a lot more votes if people had more than a half an hour to vote on them.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Was Bobby Master P levels of bad? No. Was he slightly better than Joe? Probably. But, especially compared to the other three in the finals, I thought he sucked. He didn't really succeed for me, other than sapping a lot of enjoyment watching other contestants really work hard and not whine and insult each other afterward. I stand by what I've said - this is not how the show usually works. I get your point that it's a popularity contest and if the producers didn't want fan input they wouldn't have fan votes, but usually fan sense kicks in towards the end and someone as shitty as Bobby doesn't win. I think it's indicative not just of his huge fan base, but as others have pointed out, where we are in this country, and I guess is representative of the people who is left watching this show and voting. 

See, I think this is where I'm getting hung up because I'm not American and I wouldn't fall under the category being alluded to if I was American but I would have voted for Bobby simply because he entertained me and made me laugh the most. And I can't be the only one. 

Well, I could be, I guess. But that's a little ... lonely.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Are there really enough of the Val/Jenna shippers to make a difference, though?

It's astounding to me how many there are. 

16 minutes ago, BeeBop88 said:

Just like David Ross. He could not dance either (although I feel he was a little bit better than Bobby), but he had tons of baseball fans voting that were not DWTS watchers. And he got to 2nd place. So I don't think it is the fans of DWTS that is horrifying, but the country bumpkins that were very well organized thanks to the country music world that whipped them up into a frenzy to get Bobby a win.

The difference was I think there was only one clear cut winner that season in Rashad. How many people split votes between Milo and Evanna?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LadyMustang65 said:

I did not care for this one night finale at all. I liked having them do the three dances with the fusion dance on the second night. It sucks that people on the West Coast couldn't vote for the winners.  I missed seeing the behind-the-scenes stuff. I missed seeing all of the previous contestants returning to dance.  It all just felt so rushed.  This was not an improvement as far as we were concerned.

West Coast was able to vote, you just had to vote without watching the show....I voted for Milo almost two hours straight from 5-6:55pm PST. The voting info was in the Disney press release and discussed here in General Gabbery over the weekend, but I'm sure the majority of the fandom didn't know. 

I wonder if they had done the usual 2-night finale, with full Monday night voting for the whole country, if it would have made a difference in the results?

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, LoveDance said:

No shoulder lifts at the end of the show?

I know all the celebs and pros will probably play nice publicly for Sharna's sake, but oh to be a fly on the wall backstage to know what is being said.  I imagine there are lots of words.  

ETA: I'd love to hear from Cheryl.  She made kind of a snarky comment in one of her JP interviews the other day about how sometimes the audience wants to see good dancing and sometimes they want to see someone with two left feet learn to dance or something.  I bet she won't mince words.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

There's buzz on Twitter that Bobby had enough of the overall vote that the scores tonight wouldn't have mattered. That's scary.

I wouldn't even be surprised and that may be why the judges didn't even bother to score him down.  The show probably figured it would be even more embarrassing all around if they gave him 6's and 7's and he still won.

I think he posted about voting for Milo earlier.  I assume he knows Camryn.  Lol.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

See, I think this is where I'm getting hung up because I'm not American and I wouldn't fall under the category being alluded to if I was American but I would have voted for Bobby simply because he entertained me and made me laugh the most. And I can't be the only one. 

I'm sure you're not the only one. I'm sure there were others entertained by his shenanigans. But I'd be willing to bet good money I don't have that the majority of people voting for Bobby were just rabid Bobby fans who were voting for him not because he entertained them on this show but because they were already fans of his. Without elaborating too much it's very much similar to other more important elections have gone in the US. And, I don't think voting on who makes you laugh the most is usually what gets someone the DWTS win otherwise Bill Engvall would have won. Or Cloris Leachman. Or Tommy Chong.

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

It seems to me that some whole massive class of people, NONE of whom I know, are in the business of validating and rewarding bad rhetorical public behaviour these days.  It's like an outbreak.  I'd sit down and write a dystopic novel about it, but I'm too depressed,

I don't know if I want to laugh or cry or both because I feel the exact same way. Except I just want to drink...a lot.

How much do you think could be made from the book? I might buy in so I can get enough to buy a boat or my own private island. 

15 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

Poor Keo had that look on his face like "welp, guess i've never winning"

Tell the truth. 

At least he and Evanna can share in the "they were robbed!" fan outcry.

He gave her all he could to help them win, including a dazzling freestyle, so at least that horse is off his back now of being a bad pro and teacher and not capable of getting a win. 

• Love 12
Just now, PBGamer89 said:

There's buzz on Twitter that Bobby had enough of the overall vote that the scores tonight wouldn't have mattered. That's scary.

I had said, I think 2 weeks ago that I had a gut feeling judging by Bobby never being in the bottom despite some poor scores and the rabidness on social media that I wouldnt be surprised if he was the highest vote getter. I'm so sorry to have actually been right.

2 minutes ago, fpbl83 said:

This is what happens when ratings collapse - less people vote. If this were even just a few seasons ago Milo would have won.  

Agreed. More fans of actual dancing tuning out. I was thinking before, could you imagine if this clown had beat out someone like Alfonso or Rashad? 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

I don't know if I want to laugh or cry or both because I feel the exact same way. Except I just want to drink...a lot.

You have my sympathies, believe me. 

I love that tweet showing all the other couples' reactions. Mine was a mix of Keo and Alexis' expressions. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

That’s probably why they went with the one-night finale.  I would assume Bobby has been 1 or 2 in vote totals all season.  That’s why it’s had the “eh” air all season.  Everyone knew what was going to happen a long time ago.

I know I’ve read in the past that generally, the seasons start with a set amount of voters and they coalesce in the end to generally 1/3, 1/3, 1/3.  No one fan base usually dominates outside of the first few shows, where you might see someone like Grocery Store Joe hang around because of the popularity vote.  The gap closes on that as other dancers pick up votes.  The finales are close enough in votes that the judge’s scores actually matter.  That’s why you see all the manipulation surrounding the first night finale dances because they can usually saddle the worst dancer with 3rd place.

Edited by Saylii
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I had said, I think 2 weeks ago that I had a gut feeling judging by Bobby never being in the bottom despite some poor scores and the rabidness on social media that I wouldnt be surprised if he was the highest vote getter. I'm so sorry to have actually been right.

Agreed. More fans of actual dancing tuning out. I was thinking before, could you imagine if this clown had beat out someone like Alfonso or Rashad? 

I was thinking about Alfonso earlier in the context of Witney's last win, and basically this is like if Michael Waltrip had taken Season 19.

I'm some combo of Evanna, Keo, and Alexis in those screenshots. Also, kudos to Keo on a classic Jim Halpert face there.

Edited by lavenderblue
  • Love 8

I dont care how many more seasons this show goes, Bobby will remain the worst winner, so good for him? Sharna will have the loveliness of her only win (lets be honest) being such a gross hollow victory.

It's like if Maks never won with Meryl and got his first win with Amber Rose

• Love 8

I'm happy for Sharna.I really do think she's one of the more creative people on the show. 18 seasons ago I would have had a problem with Bobby winning but literally no one I ever want to win wins anyway so I'll just be happy for the winners. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

YMMV but in my opinion Zendaya wasn't robbed, Val just choked with the freestyle like his brother did with Mel B and Cheryl did with Gilles. I actually watched Zendaya's freestyle again some months back to see if it was as bad as I remembered it being. And it was...worse. 

Cheryl didn't choke, she just had bad luck. IIRC Gilles had a separated (or maybe broke) his shoulder and put off surgery until after the season ended. He wasn't able to do much in the way of lifts in the finale dances and still finished 2nd. Also IIRC Cristian de la Fuente ruptured a bicep tendon (also requiring surgery) during his season, where he finished 3rd with similar limitations.

• Love 2

I honestly thought that Milo had it in the bag. Though I spilt my votes between Evanna and Milo I’m just happy that Alexis didn’t win. Like I said I don’t like showmances. Especially ones just to get votes. Sometimes your favorite wins and some times they don’t. I don’t like the hate that Bobby is getting. So your favorite didn’t win, that’s no reason to bash and say hateful things to the person who won. I’m happy most of all for Sharna. I’ve been a fan of her since she first arrived on the show and she finally got that Mirror Ball.

Milo’s freestyle was AMAZING!!! I wish that they would’ve let some of the other stars dance. I wanted to see Nancy again.

To all the people who have said that this show has turned into a popularity contest, when was this show ever NOT a popularity contest? Remember in season 1 where Kelly won over John and the outrage was so bad that they basically had a do-over special. They won’t do that now but, still... If you want it to be fair tell DWTS to get rid of viewer voting and just send the couple with the lowest scores home. It would be fair but, I feel like it would a little boring.

To all the people who say that they won’t watch the show again. You probably will. Even if it’s just out of curiosity. 

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

For next season, either don't cast any female stars, or only cast them.

Cause this ridiculousness of how they will never win again and damn even Evanna with how great she was could only manage 3rd place.

What's ridiculous is declaring a female will never again win the show when a female won as recently as three seasons ago, and 13 of the 27 winners have been female.. Not to mention Seasons 15-18 when four females in a row won.

• Love 10

I am most sad that Len did not stay in retirement.  Whatever semblance of integrity he had is gone.

Uncle Nigel makes no bones about the fact that SYTYCD is about the "favorite" dancer.  BBC Worldwide has never insisted DWTS was any different.

The TV medium sure has a way of destroying a good thing.   

I'm going to my happy place.  Reviewing the dances that actually were good over the seasons.  

My top 10 - 10 Dances 

1.  Jive - Jordan and Lindsay - season 26

2, Viennese Waltz - James Hinchcliffe and Sharna/Jenna -season 23

3. Foxtrot - Jr Martinez and Karina - season 13

4. Quickstep - Helio and Julianne - season 5

5. Samba -  JP and Cheryl season 27

6 Tango  Kristie and Mark  -season 6 

7 Waltz - Jennifer Grey and Derek- season 11

8 Cha Cha  Rashad and Emma season 24

9 Paso Doble  Mel and Maks season 5

10 Rumba-Rumor and Val  - season 20

My Top 5 Argentine Tango 

1. JP and Cheryl season 27

2.  Nicole and Derek season 10

3.  Gilles and Cheryl season 8

4. Jennifer and Derek  season 11

5. Zendaya Val with Maks and Anna season 16 

Top Salsa Dances 

JP and Cheryl  season 27  night 1 and night 9

Jordan Lindsay and Corbin season 26  Trio Dance 

Rumor and Val Disco Salsa season 20 

Edited by Dancelove
  • Love 4

Three wonderful freestyles and a hodge podge go into a bar. The three wonderful freestyles are thrown out of the bar while the hodge podge stays and gets an unlimited free bar tab.  Just a discraceful result. 

• Love 9

I still don't get why nobody wanted to vote for JP and Cheryl.  Holy shit I just saw all of his dances on y-tube and man his Samba, Salsa and AT are right up there with the best that  has ever been on this show.  Not every dance was stellar, but the majority were just holy shit he went for it and they were amazing.  He is a natural dancer and when it was on, everything just flowed.   It's sad that dance fans I know were there at one time are gone and now only tribes are voting for their fave regardless of how he dances.

An art form like Dance has to be respected for what it is, not ridiculed for what it is not.  I've often thought that the show makes fun of the rudiments of dance when they told old Len i to shut up.  I just felt the entire direction of the show lost it's way. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

On a positive note, I absolutely loved Milo's freestyle. One of my absolute favorites in a while. 

My favorite since Meryl and Maks's. I'll rewatch that one forever. And I loved Evanna and Keo's as well. Best set of freestyles since season 18.

The outcome? Not so much. But hey, I got all my mad out last week when Juan Pablo was robbed of his spot in the finale. He was the truly deserving winner. I'm kind of delighted Bobby won if JP got screwed. The season was just an asylum. 

Oh and BTW, Mr. Green, Grocery Store Joe was just a red herring. It was Bobby, with the lead pipe, in the ballroom. This. Whole. Time. While Bachelor Nation was scapegoated, Bobby's fans built an army and staged a coup d'etat.

I love Sharna and she was robbed one too many times. I'm telling myself the Mirrorball was just for her.

I will be back in March, along with the throngs of protesters vowing to never watch another dance. Seacrest out!

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Annb67 said:

After the 10s on Bobby's uh..."freestyle dance?", I can't imagine the other 10s given out meant a whole lot to the ones with real talent. What a joke

He did a straight freestyle WALK.

Milo not only danced his arse off, but he included content from nearly every genre AND showed pure strength by lifting Wittles.

ALL stupid BB did was jump up and down between the levels of the stage, was lifted by Demarcus and did TWO freakin Latin dance steps. BB can’t even bend his knees to embrace the music or walk gracefully. He stomps around and it’s stupid.

I. Cannot. Believe. This.

I blame the nut jobs who worship BB and live in the central time zone. They were able to vote live for this absolute debacle, no matter how hard certain ppl advertised the Live Voting for the west coast peeps.

Honest to God, I didn’t see a damn thing about voting tonight except for the excerpt that was shared here. I wonder what the fallout will look like for the rest of the week?

For such a charitable guy, why isn’t BB auctioning off his autographed shoe for charity? He’s got two shoes - one for his tacky self to keep and one to auction off. I couldn’t believe that he actually took off his shoe, that he probably “danced” in all week, and asked the judges to sign it. I was mortified for him. He should’ve gotten a trophy for being the biggest attention whore. It will likely serve as another prop to remind him that he’s “America’s Champion” (I love you, Tom B, but he’s not) and that the “world needs more Bobby Bones.” (Pls zip your lips, CAI!)

Another thing that pissed me off was the audience using their phones and Apple watches. Major pet peeve of mine! I wonder which crew members screwed that one up. If I were in the audience, I’d be yelling “put your watch away!” 

Not only was she in the “prime real estate seats”, but did anyone else catch the lady with long, dark hair and ugly glasses (seated between CAI & Len) who checked a message on her Apple Watch - when the camera was on her? During the judging!

Also, Erin looked great, but she is totally pregnant. She covered her belly with her hands and also cradled her abdomen (future baby bump) several times tonight. Her dress was ideal to cover any signs of a burgeoning belly, but to the eagle eyed watchers, it was obvious. 

Best parts last of the night:

1. Milo being his awesome and respectful self when Len was interrupted with “boos” after his first dance. I really do think the whole “Boo Len” schtick is stupid. There are times when the audience is beyond obnoxious.

2. Evanna’s tango & Emma Watson’s video message. I was already in tears after the dance and THEN Hermione Granger was on the TV!

3. No one hugging Bobby except for Sharna -and it spoke volumes! He was lifted up onto Sasha & Alan’s shoulders for several seconds after the pros rushed the stage. 

4. Tom literally sliding into a pro dance to make it look like he was dancing too. I love him so much. I missed the Blooper Reel though. Again. We are counting how many times it’s skipped! (Everyone needs to go buy his book he wrote a few years ago!)

5. BB having nothing to say when he received the MBT. Finally!

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Are there any Val/Jenna shippers? 

Jenna for sure, the jury is still out on Val...

I am not trying to be mean, much, but I feel like there's some secret tape out there that Jenna is in possession of and Val has no other choice but be her "guy". 

I have no idea how she snagged such a spotlight performance with Joe for the finale, he certainly looked pained through the whole thing. If you didn't know any better you might have amused that she was the star of the show, but in her own head I have an idea that's true. 

Just how many tapes does this chick have? Geez. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Dancelove said:

I still don't get why nobody wanted to vote for JP and Cheryl.  Holy shit I just saw all of his dances on y-tube and man his Samba, Salsa and AT are right up there with the best that  has ever been on this show.  Not every dance was stellar, but the majority were just holy shit he went for it and they were amazing.  He is a natural dancer and when it was on, everything just flowed.   It's sad that dance fans I know were there at one time are gone and now only tribes are voting for their fave regardless of how he dances.

An art form like Dance has to be respected for what it is, not ridiculed for what it is not.  I've often thought that the show makes fun of the rudiments of dance when they told old Len i to shut up.  I just felt the entire direction of the show lost it's way. 

I found myself rewatching all of his dances tonight as well. Then I got pissed all over again he was robbed of his spot in the finale.  Then I told myself its probably for the best since he would have lost to Douchy anyway. But hey at least the show gave us a final parting gift of not only that flawless Argentine Tango but also hearing him sing a bit! Ugh so much talent.

• Love 9

So I guess I am technically Bobby's demographic: 30ish, southern, and a country music fan. As I've said repeatedly, however, I can't stand the dude (and neither can the majority of singers and people in the industry). I won't go into my tirade about how Bobby hated country music and originally started out in another genre, about the unnecessary amount of control he has over playlists, about his unfathomable ability to blackball artists he has personal issues with, about the nasty and misogynistic things he's said about women in the industry, etc. But because I knew so much about him going in, I was never able to be subjective about his dancing. Likewise, I was never able to take any of his backstories seriously or for anything more than what they were-cheap attempts to make him appear sympathetic and likable. Sure, all the "celebrities" do this, but I usually don't go into the show with so much baggage so it hasn't bothered me in the past. 

I have to admit, my hope is that the majority of people who voted for him were people who had never heard of him before the show and genuinely just enjoyed watching his dances. Because if not, then this is solid proof that his reign over the country music industry is nowhere near slowing down and that makes me queasy. It's not like country radio was great before he came onto the scene, but he's sure done his part to make it worse. 

I was rooting for Evanna. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, crowceilidh said:

I'm a little confused. What do the people who are mad at Sharna about this win think she should have done in the circumstances?  Yes, she's way too fangirly with her partners and their attitudes but that is not what got them the win.  She did her job, like she was supposed to.  I don't like the win at all, but I'm not angry with Sharna.

That would be me.  I realize that it makes no sense to be angry with Sharna; she was only doing her job with the hand she was dealt.  It's just residual anger, because BB was her partner and BB went on to win*.  I know it's a case of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't', but I still think she should feel at least slightly guilty for winning* with that doofus, and that win* will always be tainted.   When/if she remains with the show, she should dye her hair an actual human color and hope no one remembers this travesty.  I'm not really PO'd at her.  It's more like, guilt by association.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, alexa said:

Ya know, if this is the kind of thing America wants, I am not sure I fit in.  Maybe I should move to Finland--they seem to have a good sense of humor these days.  lol

I think they still have their own version of DWTS, too!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

So I guess I am technically Bobby's demographic: 30ish, southern, and a country music fan. As I've said repeatedly, however, I can't stand the dude (and neither can the majority of singers and people in the industry). I won't go into my tirade about how Bobby hated country music and originally started out in another genre, about the unnecessary amount of control he has over playlists, about his unfathomable ability to blackball artists he has personal issues with, about the nasty and misogynistic things he's said about women in the industry, etc. But because I knew so much about him going in, I was never able to be subjective about his dancing. Likewise, I was never able to take any of his backstories seriously or for anything more than what they were-cheap attempts to make him appear sympathetic and likable. Sure, all the "celebrities" do this, but I usually don't go into the show with so much baggage so it hasn't bothered me in the past. 

I have to admit, my hope is that the majority of people who voted for him were people who had never heard of him before the show and genuinely just enjoyed watching his dances. Because if not, then this is solid proof that his reign over the country music industry is nowhere near slowing down and that makes me queasy. It's not like country radio was great before he came onto the scene, but he's sure done his part to make it worse. 

I was rooting for Evanna. 

THIS...except I'm from a Mid-Atlantic state.  Also, as I've said earlier, he sees himself as a king-maker in show business....and all of his moves to boost careers are really just self-serving.  Sorry....he never, never learned even the basics of movement to music....and seemed to mock everything about this show.  (BTW...David Ross was loved by Cub and Red Sox fans....but they were not obnoxious voters nor was he an attention-whore.)

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also...did I read right that all the male celebs are going on tour? Are any of the female celebs? I only watched the two freestyles and the end.

Not together.  Each show has 1 male celeb.  Or Mary Lou.  Some are only doing a couple of shows.  Joe's doing 2 weeks.  I'd rather see him than Bobby.

Edited by DEL901

That was really disappointing. I am struggling to see why people even like Bobby. I feel like if Milo and Bobby swapped personalities, people would find Milo quite annoying and say he was an immature teenager, yet when Bobby does it, it's endearing? Milo or Evanna would have both been great winners. Juan Pablo would have been a great winner. Even Alexis had much more talent than Bobby. Bobby's attitude was terrible as well. He seemed very whiny. Yes the point of the show is to teach inexperienced dancers, but it is also to see who ends up having a natural ability and learns. Sharna just danced around Bobby week to week. I give Sharna credit as I thought she choreographed some decent routines and I guess she did a good job covering how little Bobby did since he somehow won. At least in the past if the technically best didn't win, the winner still brought something to the table (charisma, was still a decent dancer, etc).

I think the show cancelled the second finale episode when they realized Bobby would win. They didn't even bother with the dramatic countdown and just announced him the winner. I think the show was trying to brush over it. It felt like Milo and Evanna both received better packages over the night. I'm not even happy Sharna finally won because Bobby should not have won.

• Love 12

And here I was thinking that this season reached its low point when I was once again forced to watch a bunch of shirtless Bachelor cast offs and Val stomp around a grinding Jenna in the middle of the episode last night. Sigh. 

• Love 16

Good morning. I had to sleep on that fiasco of a finale before I could think coherently. (It didn’t work, lol).

BB won DWTS. What? I am in that demographic as well... southern woman who loves country music. But I didn’t vote for him because I tend to vote for the BEST dancer. I agree completely with the OP who said the anger at Sharna is residual. 

I blame the judges for a lot of this. We will never know the vote totals but the fact that they gave BB a 30 for walking and talking to the camera is ridiculous. He did not “dance” in his freestyle. There was a lot of dancing but not from him.

And I hope Erin is pregnant, that would be the only reason for wearing such an ugly dress. I said “omg, that dress is hideous” every time she came on camera. The stylists must not like her ... her hair looked like she had just rolled out of bed and put it in a messy bun.

Mr SD and I are not sure if we will be watching in the future. We have been watching for the last 10 years and enjoy it because we love to dance. It feels kind of ... tainted now, BB winning was a travesty.

JMO

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

And here I was thinking that this season reached its low point when I was once again forced to watch a bunch of shirtless Bachelor cast offs and Val stomp around a grinding Jenna in the middle of the episode last night. Sigh. 

Totally agree! What the heck were they thinking???  Looked like Chippendales performing at a bachelorette party. Ridiculous! 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, JJ1 said:

Totally agree! What the heck were they thinking???  Looked like Chippendales performing at a bachelorette party. Ridiculous! 

I was glad for the decency covers they make the dancers wear under their costumes when Jenna’s top came all the way up as Val lifted her at the end. We all would have gotten quite an eyeful without the cover. 

I also would have been happy to skip the apparently obligatory male revue dance they give us in every finale. I thought we might get to skip it this year since we already had the Jenna/Joe ridiculousness but I should have known better. I am no prude but what used to be a sort of cute and funny gimmick is now just sad and tired and desperate. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

I have no words for Booby winning, but Milo’s freestyle was the best I’ve ever seen on this show. Hot damn! Maybe he would have won if people actually had time to vote.

Evana’s was cute as well. Go Keo!

You know, as annoying as Booby was, I thought his freestyle was decent. It was a lot better than Alexis’s and that fake kissing was pukeworthy.

Honestly, that showmance was gross. There is no way they were together and Alan wouldn't even admit that they were. why? because they're NOT. He ignored the question every time it was asked. I guarantee by the end of this week they'll be "broken up" because of their busy schedule. And those over the top kisses and goo goo eyes was just ridiculous and I can't believe anyone can be so desperate to go to those levels.... to win none other than a trophy?

• Love 7

Despite Keo losing....at least he's officially placed higher than Gleb? That's always a plus. 

I think the easiest answer to Bobby winning is that the results skew toward viewer votes, rather than judges votes. I would even guess that it's about 60%-40%, if not 75-25. I don't think the judges scores matter at all. They could have given Bobby all 0s and he still would have won.

Funny thing about the Alexis/Alan no-mance is that it didn't even help them. They likely would have gotten to the finale and still would have placed fourth if they continued the brother-sister angle. 

Either way, I am very proud of Milo and Evanna for delivering awesome freestyles. I liked Evanna's a bit more because she didn't need umbrellas and she just danced, and it was awesome. I loved Milo's freestyle but it could have used less props. 

• Love 9

Out of the 4 left, I thought Milo and Alexis were both the best and  either one of them should have won based on talent. If you are going with most improved out of the 4, I think Evanna should have won.. Bobby doesn't fall under any category and honestly, I thought he'd be gone by week 2 based on his obnoxious personality. Why does anyone like him? He's not charismatic at all in my eyes. And I was getting second hand embarrassment for him because of his constant kissing of the judges asses.

• Love 7

IMO this is the worst DWTS winner ever, but that something like this happens has always been a possibility with the set-up of the show. With ratings declining, none of his competitors probably having a strong enough fan base and also not appealing to the main demo like he does...here we are. A broader general audience rallying behind a stronger dancer might have derailed such an outcome in earlier seasons, but with less participation the possibility of a voting bloc taking over is also bigger.

Nevertheless, I thought Milo and Evanna did very well. As did Witney and Keo. Keo really, really made a statement this season. Though IMO, ever since he did his stint in the troupe, he's been showing improvement. He did really well with Charo, for example, tiresome as she could be. Until now he just didn't have a strong enough partner to show how much he's grown.

• Love 8