Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E11: Week 9: Finale

• Start Topic

The final 4 couples perform 2 dances, with one couple being crowned the winner. Performances from Dan & Shay, Lauren Daigle, Avril Lavigne, John Schneider, Robin Thicke, and Tinashe.

Airs November 19, 2018.

Wooooooow. Put a nail in the coffin of this show. It is dead. 

I like Sharna. I’ve wanted her to get a win and thought she deserved it other seasons.  But this sucks. And she knows it. 

• Love 22

Wow... This one left even me stunned. Well it was nice knowing you DWTS. Because even Helio's win wasn't this ridiculous because Helio actually was scoring fairly well during the season. And this is why I say - don't split votes. Based on comments I was reading this weekend, I have a feeling a lot of people split their votes between Milo and  Evanna, while Bobby's base came hard for him and him alone.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 14

HA! Best. Ending. Ever. I popped my popcorn and I am here for it.

Can Keo do freestyles every season? I feel like I've hit the same point with Keo that I did with Mark Ballas: suddenly, he's not an annoying shit that makes me grit my teeth when I see him and I respect what he can bring. 

• Love 12

I really didn't think they'd do it, but they did!  Now cue all the "I'll never watch this show again" on SM.  I do wish they would have given us the 2nd, 3rd, 4th placements.

• Love 16

The only positive I can find out of Bobby's win was that he was given 30 seconds of attention for it. Most seasons that I've watched didn't rush the winners this much. Also, I noted the lack of true applause besides Bobby's fans. 

AND WE DON'T EVEN FIND OUT WHO GOT SECOND, THIRD, AND FOURTH?

• Love 14
1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

Wow... This one left even me stunned. Well it was nice knowing you DWTS. Because even Helio's win was this ridiculous because Helio actually was scoring fairly well during the season. And this is why I say - don't split votes. Based on comments I was reading this weekend, I have a feeling a lot of people split their votes between Milo and  Evanna, while Bobby's base came hard for him and him alone.

I don't think that was necessarily it. 

Bobby's fanbase was just that large. I knew only Milo had the chance to beat him, but I knew there was a good chance he'd even beat Milo. I think, even if all of Joe Nation voted for Evanna, for example, that Bobby would still beat her. People have underestimated Bobby's fanbase but it's proven that they all were loyal and voted for him often.

At least we got to see Milo and Evanna's freestyles, which were impeccable. 

Also...did I read right that all the male celebs are going on tour? Are any of the female celebs? I only watched the two freestyles and the end.

• Love 5

I loved Keo and Evanna's freestyle.

Perfectly choreographed to suit her and  Keo hung back and let her shine.

Any of the other three made their case to win.

Bobby  is the worst winner of the entire series.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 23

I knew it as soon as as the judges refused to score Bobby down and gave him 10's for that freestyle where he did nothing but talk his way through it.  I'm sorry Hugh Jackman for that travesty.  And 8's for his mess of a cha cha.  They didn't even attempt to not give him the win. Usually when we have sucky dancers in the finals, the judges at least attempt to score them down.

I had been convinced early on Milo would win and I think he would have if not for Bobby and his legion of whatever his fans are.  But it about showcases the state of our country.  The white male with little to no dance talent wins over the people with actual talent.  It's also more annoying since Bobby was literally whining today on his instagram about how just once he wanted the "little guy" to win, meaning in his own words, not those with previous experience and not an athlete.  In case he thinks we've never had non dance experience winners before.  I hate that he gets validated for acting like a whiny brat all season.

The whole finale sucked.  I'm not sure why most of the celebs from this season even showed up since they got zero air time and we were subjected to a Bachelor suckfest and some boring bump and grind numbers from the pros as opposed to any actual air time for eliminated celebs.  Or wait, I should say air time for any of the eliminated female celebs.  Sorry Nikki, Nancy, Mary Lou, Danielle...might as well have stayed home.  

Somewhere Helio is breathing a sigh of relief that he is no longer the worst winner in the show's history.  

Also if and when there is a next season, good luck getting supposedly "good" celebs to sign on when they see Bobby as the most recent winner.  They aren't going to waste their time.  So congrats show.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 21

Sheesh!  I guess I should not be surprised....but I thought Milo & Evanna's Free-styles were 2 of the best I have seen in a long time.  The choreography for Milo was amazing & Evanna's was very unique.  Milo or Evanna should have won(well, I really wanted Juan Pablo to win), but Bobby must have a large dedicated fan base.  Sigh~~

• Love 13

I found out the winner from Twitter and I can honestly say Bobby is the winner this season deserved. Any other winner, they would have been able to gloss over this disaster of a season. But with Bobby winning, they have to stand in it, own it and deal with it. 

Could not be prouder that I stopped watching this garbage. Good luck to the powers that be. They’ll need it.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also...did I read right that all the male celebs are going on tour? Are any of the female celebs? I only watched the two freestyles and the end.

Mary Lou is also going on tour and was mentioned but not seen. I'm scratching my head as to how Joe got a spot on the tour. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7

I said to myself last week that I wasn't going to watch tonight, and I am so so so so happy that I didn't. I used to love DWTS, it was must-see tv for me, everyone knew not to disturb me when it was on.  But I'm officially over it. So disappointing. I think the judges - who have all been there since the beginning - must also be very disappointed in the results, and in what the show has become.  Too bad.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, spanana said:

But it about showcases the state of our country.  

This exactly. I'll just say it is eerily fitting for the times we're living in. 

Oh and for those wondering about the standings - according to Kristyn Burtt on Twitter, per ABC Publicity, as predicted by many, Milo was second, Evanna was third and Alexis was fourth. 

Oh and of course there's already a screenshot on social media of all the other couples' faces when Bobby was announced the winner and I can't tell which one is cracking me up the most. Alexis and Witney's WTF expressions, Keo's deer in the headlights look, etc. 

Bet Derek's six wins don't look so bad now, lol. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 12

I'm not pissed because Bobby was the worst technical dancer of the remaining contestants.

I'm pissed because he spat on Sinatra by ad-libbing his own choreography early in the season.

I'm pissed because he is so passive-aggressive.

I'm pissed because of how he has been on social media. 

That's why I'm pissed he won.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Mary Lou is also going on tour and was mentioned but not seen. I'm scratching my head as to how Joe got a spot on the tour. 

I assume they are all doing only limited dates and I sure hope for the sake of ticket buyers, they tell people who is going to be at what show.  Imagine paying money to watch Bobby and Joe dance live when you could have Milo or JP instead.

I also know that those that go on tour are usually the celebs that want to go on tour, but it still amazes me how much of an afterthought the women seemed to be this season.  Besides Evanna and Alexis.  Even Mary Lou who had a nice arc this season and was announced to be doing some tour dates, and she still got paid dust tonight without barely a mention.  But it's okay since we got to see Joe "dance" and Bobby "win" while the women got to cheer them on from the sidelines?  This show feels like more and more of a sexist mess.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, spanana said:

Somewhere Helio is breathing a sigh of relief that he is no longer the worst winner in the show's history.  

Helio didn't have a great freestyle, but Maks really screwed up Mel's which gave him the win.   To me this is different and much worse. 

• Love 8

If this show ever sees the light of day again, they'll have to pick a group of stars who really have potential and can be expected to really dance, so whoever wins will be taken seriously.  No more clowns, octogenarians, and wooden statues (looking at you, Joe).  I hope TPTB are tearing their hair out, wondering how in the hell they're going to salvage this hot mess now.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I'm not pissed because Bobby was the worst technical dancer of the remaining contestants.

I'm pissed because he spat on Sinatra by ad-libbing his own choreography early in the season.

I'm pissed because he is so passive-aggressive.

I'm pissed because of how he has been on social media. 

That's why I'm pissed he won.

Yes, this.  It bothers me more that his bad behavior was validated.  While earlier in the season I'm not sure I would have felt this way, I actually think I would have tolerated a Joe win more than a Bobby win.  Joe would be equally undeserving, but at least he didn't act like a tool and generally was nice.  Bobby acted like a brat and got rewarded for being a brat.  What a great lesson.  

Edited by spanana
  • Love 20

Well, that was something.  I wonder if Witney will quit, she did not look pleased.  Milo suffered from being the best dancer yet having a small fan base.  But Bobby wasn’t even a dancer and somehow won?  And Joe and Bobby are going on tour?  THEY CAN’T DANCE, maybe they are on the crew?

How bizarre.

• Love 13

They pointedly kept the camera away from the judges after the announcement. 

I'm very unhappy, but at least Bobby had the grace not to jump up and down or pump his fist.  He knew this was not right. 

• Love 6