Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor Most Memorable Characters

MisterBluxom
  • Start Topic

I'd like to ask you who you would consider to be your  most memorable characters from the show - any season at all - as long as it was one of the 37 seasons in the USA Survivor.

I would expect that most of these characters would be contestants.

As a matter of fact - AAMOF - you may well be wondering what other characters are there or could there be besides contestants.

Well, not many, I guess. But maybe during the family visits or during the reunion shows someone stuck out and became highly memorable?

I must admit I don't expect many people to name someone who is not a contestant. But they may be memorable for most any reason. Not necessarily because they were a big winner and made great moves or because they were terrible losers and did foolish things?

Personally, the first person I'm going to name is "Figgy". Not just because she was a very interesting "Femme Fatale" so to speak. But her name was so unusuall and I kept hoping that she might return for another season and meet someone named Newton (either first or last name) and then ... well, I bet you know what's coming. They could make little Fig Newtons together. What do you think? Will this thread likely have any "legs"? Are there many people from the 37 seasons that you might consider memorable?

My number two choice - I'm sure many of you may well guess this - is Gabby. I would add her adorable ears as a separate character if I can. But unless she actually ever used them to flap them and fly around, I think it might be difficult to justify naming her ears as a separate character.

But, I would definiteily name Gabby as one of my most memorable characters. I still think - despite all her crying - that she is one of the most adorable ladies to ever grace this game and I am still holding out for the hope that she will win some of the big money near the end of the show - although I must admit that seems very unlikely now.

How's about you? Would you like to add some of your most memorable characters to this thread? Just post their names and maybe the name of the Seasons in which they appeared. I know there will be plenty of people who want to name contestants who won multiple seasons (like Sandra) and many who made very foolish moves (like Eric). But I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who has a memorable character who they consider memorable for some unusual reason.

• Love 1

I love that you titled it “memorable” instead of “favorite,” because that opens things up in an interesting way. The first person who popped into my mind was Chet from Fans vs. Favorites. One of my favorites? No way in hell. But FvF was the first season of Survivor I ever watched, and I wanted to like him so badly (he was active in animal rescue, which is dear to my heart), but he was just so terrible at the game. And the scene with Joel: “I hit my head back there.” “I don’t care.” “I know.” And then how he so badly screwed his ally Tracy over. So he is very memorable to me. 

• Love 3

Candice (Woodcock) Cody for several reasons, but I'm not sure what you mean by no spoilers, so I can't list them all.

ETA: Okay, thanks for clarifying about the no spoilers!  So my reasons for Candice, which mostly go back to her stint on Cook Islands: being the constant target of the Aitu 4's wrath when they selected someone to go to Exile Island.  Billy Garcia's infatuation with her, when Candice innoncently made the remark "we love you" after Billy told them he was getting voted off after the 2nd IC loss (I believe he said they locked eyes and there was a connection).  Fast forward a few episodes to Candice having nightly make outs with Adam.  And of course, when she did get voted off, she got a good bye smooch from her Raro fling, who had II at the time.  Probst's parting words to her were "a kiss was nice, but immunity would have been nicer."

HvsV, mostly because she was actually a hero (a surprise I believe even to her).  Her flipping on the Heroes at the merge, then getting blindsided by the Villains at the next TC.  And finally BvsW, when she flipped Brad Culpepper the bird.  Of course BvsW if when we got to meet her hubby John, someone I wish would get a second chance.  I always thought Candice was kind of unpredictable.  You never knew if you were going to get tears, attitude, or sass.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Candice (Woodcock) Cody for several reasons, but I'm not sure what you mean by no spoilers, so I can't list them all.

58 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

There have been a few warnings recently posted about "spoilers" and this was the first thread I ever started and so when it asked me to add some (I forget exactly what it's called - but it was something like "Key words")

Fixed by removing the no spoiler tag.  It’s not needed for this topic.

• Love 1

I considered removing this thread because I thought that it was covered by the most and least favorite contestants thread, but then reconsidered since, as @Rescue Mom mentioned, memorable doesn’t necessarily mean favorite. As long as the discussion stays on topic of “memorable” and doesn’t go into most or least favorite, it can stay.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RescueMom said:

I love that you titled it “memorable” instead of “favorite,” because that opens things up in an interesting way. The first person who popped into my mind was Chet from Fans vs. Favorites. One of my favorites? No way in hell. But FvF was the first season of Survivor I ever watched, and I wanted to like him so badly (he was active in animal rescue, which is dear to my heart), but he was just so terrible at the game. And the scene with Joel: “I hit my head back there.” “I don’t care.” “I know.” And then how he so badly screwed his ally Tracy over. So he is very memorable to me. 

I'm very happy to hear that and for what it's worth, by the way, I want you to know that just as you love that I titled this thread "memorable",  I love my mom. Heh Heh Heh.  :)

• Love 1

Memorable:  Brian Heidik, winner of “Survivor:Thailand”.  I know it was an unpopular season, but I loved it.  I thought Thailand was beautiful, and Brian was so perfectly slimy and deceitful, but nobody ever seemed to realize it until the knife was in their back.  He’s scummy, but he sure as hell is memorable.

Sugar, because she was named Sugar.  Baylor, because I detested her.  Malcolm and Joe because I’m shallow.  Aubry Bracco...no real reason, I just really like her.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Mark the Chicken gets my vote!

That is a perfect example of an unusual character for inclusion in this thread. Good one!

I've been trying to think of a joke I could make about Mark using the term "chicken feed". But my jokes have been disappointing lately and I get the feeling people have gotten tired of them. So, unless anyone says different , I will greatly reduce (or eliminate) my wisecracks about her ears and why they should be considered a memorable character.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

And finally BvsW, when she flipped Brad Culpepper the bird.  Of course BvsW if when we got to meet her hubby John, someone I wish would get a second chance.  

This made me think of another: Marissa Peterson from BvsW. Going out so early, she would probably not be considered overly memorable but for one thing: “F*** you, Brad Culpepper!” I bet most people who don’t remember her specifically do remember that line. 

I also wishJohn would get a second chance, and I would love to see Marissa get one as well. I thought she showed a lot of promise before Gervais torpedoed her game. (Hayden is another one I would like to see again. That season has a great cast.)

• Love 4

Darn.  Now I have a whole ‘nother Round 2 bunch of memorables in mind (Fairplay, Penner, Erik, Hantz, etc.), but I’m not going down a fourteen-way-split shame spiral.  

Reckon I’ll stick with my first bunch, though, because... well... I remembered them first - and on a ‘most memorable’ list THAT has to count for something, right?  ;)

• Love 3

I'll go with some people who are memorable that we'd rather forget:

1) Dan Foley 

2) Colton Cumbie

3) Both Hantzes

4) Debbie Wanner 

5) Benjamin "Coach" Wade

Richard Hatch and Jeff Varner are two that were memorable for one reason, then became memorable for reasons I'm sure both would rather forget and wish hadn't happened.

I'm trying to think of some memorable family visits we've had: Cirie's son, for becoming my temporary Survivor boyfriend.  I remember Brian Heidek's wife because she looked like some pin up model and was exactly the type of wifeI'd expect him to have.  Keith Famie's girlfriend that he proposed to in the Outback (Peas & Carrots).  Anyone know if they ever did get married?  

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I’m trying to think of some memorable family visits we've had: 

Kat’s cousin in One World. Cousin Robbie. And their unsettlingly close  relationship. Maybe not most memorable person, but a memorable interaction for sure. ((Shudder))

• Love 1
14 hours ago, RescueMom said:
22 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

And finally BvsW, when she flipped Brad Culpepper the bird.  Of course BvsW if when we got to meet her hubby John, someone I wish would get a second chance.  

This made me think of another: Marissa Peterson from BvsW. Going out so early, she would probably not be considered overly memorable but for one thing: “F*** you, Brad Culpepper!” I bet most people who don’t remember her specifically do remember that line. 

LOL.  Dalton Ross at EW has referred to him as FU Brad Culpepper ever since.  And I have to give you this link:

http://funny115.com/v3/84.htm

It's a long read  (although it's told as much in screenshots as in text) but you are never going to find a better and funnier history of the whole FU Brad Culpepper story.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, ratgirlagogo said:

LOL.  Dalton Ross at EW has referred to him as FU Brad Culpepper ever since.  And I have to give you this link:

http://funny115.com/v3/84.htm

It's a long read  (although it's told as much in screenshots as in text) but you are never going to find a better and funnier history of the whole FU Brad Culpepper story.

Thank you, that was a wonderful read!! One of my favorite seasons.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, simplyme said:

Other than Mark the chicken, Tata the Bushman from Caramoan is my most memorable non-contestant. That guy had charisma.

Phillip. Phillip is seared into my brain.

Philip’s pink undies are kind of a memorable character all on their own!

• Love 1

Yau-Man.  Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing -- but an honorable wolf, even a gentle wolf. 

One of my favorite Probst exchanges in Survivor came from the arrow-shooting challenge that season.  Looked simple enough, but everyone was failing miserably.  Yau picks up several arrows and sites down their shafts.  Probst, in his snarky way, asks Yau what he is doing. 

'Looking for the straightest arrows, that will fly the truest,' Yau says, or words to that effect. 

Sure enough, Yau-Man becomes the first person to hit the target with these primitive, make-shift bow-and-arrow setups. 

• Love 7

I am now realizing that I should have done more homework before starting this thread.

There are two ladies from previous seasons. One is Shambo and I'm not at all certain the name of the other. Both these ladies were very outspoken and both - at times - got very loud.

I think most people might remember Shambo more easily than the other one. But she is starting to become more clear now. People criticized her because ... as I recall ... it seems like she had a tendency to "one-up" people. For example, if someone said they had traveled to many different countries - perhaps 10 different countries, she would always seem to have a need to say that she had traveled to more than 10 - many more. She might have claimed to have traveled to 20 different countries.

I'm starting to remember that much of the controversy surrounding her came from long lists of jobs and skills that she had. Originally, she wold present many different job titles, saying, "I've been an Psychological Biologist and Animal Welfare Mineral Scientist and ... ". I'm just making these things up so it sounds like stuff she would have said.

She also got insanely angry with Brad Cullpepper (at least I think it was Brad) for reasons that were very difficult for me to understand. For some reason she didn't feel that Brad valued her in any way and she felt that he should have recognized her abilities as being highly superior - perhaps even more superior than his.

Can anyone tell me who I am thinking of?

Edited by MissBluxom
10 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

I am now realizing that I should have done more homework before starting this thread.

There are two ladies from previous seasons. One is Shambo and I'm not at all certain the name of the other. Both these ladies were very outspoken and both - at times - got very loud.

I think most people might remember Shambo more easily than the other one. But she is starting to become more clear now. People criticized her because ... as I recall ... it seems like she had a tendency to "one-up" people. For example, if someone said they had traveled to many different countries - perhaps 10 different countries, she would always seem to have a need to say that she had traveled to more than 10 - many more. She might have claimed to have traveled to 20 different countries.

I'm starting to remember that much of the controversy surrounding her came from long lists of jobs and skills that she had. Originally, she wold present many different job titles, saying, "I've been an Psychological Biologist and Animal Welfare Mineral Scientist and ... ". I'm just making these things up so it sounds like stuff she would have said.

She also got insanely angry with Brad Cullpepper (at least I think it was Brad) for reasons that were very difficult for me to understand. For some reason she didn't feel that Brad valued her in any way and she felt that he should have recognized her abilities as being highly superior - perhaps even more superior than his.

Can anyone tell me who I am thinking of?

I believe you are thinking of Debbie Wanner.  Who also claimed to have a gymnastics background but couldn't balance on a balance beam.  I think she was also a waitress at Red Lobster on the side with her many other jobs.  And did something in the military?  She was hard to keep up with.  

• Love 3

@LadyChatts

Of course. Debbie! Thanks very much. I was racking my brain. Unfortunately, it has been racked so many times before there was hardly anything left to rack.

But Debbie was some kind of character wasn't she? She was really incredible. It is very rare that people just have no explanatiion. I seem to recall that no one could ever decide if she was telling the truth or lying or just confused. But the one thing that everyone might agree on was that she surely was memorable! (except for her name?)

Maybe one day they will try to have a season where some of the real characters like Debbie and Shambo and Phillip might be captains of tribes and maybe they will figure out  a way to reward the captains when their tribes win a competition. It might be entertaining to see Debbie and Shambo and Phillip try to out-argue each other as to who should win. But, in all honesty, a season like that would almost surely end in catatstrophe - however, I think it could be a very entertaining catastrophe

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 2

I will skip any season where the "Characters" are all over the place. God save me from those assholes. I don't find them endearing or fun. I find them obnoxious and with no shot of winning so I have no clue why they are even playing.

Give me the Rudy's and Richard's and people who are out there trying to play the game and are making good moves. Rob C type players are far more interesting to me.

I don't like the Coach, Debbie, Philip. Russell type characters. They are loud and obnoxious and their personalities get in the way of the game.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Special K said:

I can't believe no one yet has mentioned Courtney Yates!

Ahhh .... yes!  Courtney. She was always my idea of a "Blonde Bombshell". But, unfortuantely, I never got the idea that she was really blonde. Is there any such a thing as a "Bleached Bombshell"? Courtney certainly did provide the viewers with an excellent lesson why some ladies are highly memorable while others may be just as interesting or attractive but not nearly as memorable. As I recall, the other ladies were never as memorable as Courtney.  Courtney was a young lady contestant who I think would have been very memorable to most everyone who met her.

22 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

Ahhh .... yes!  Courtney. She was always my idea of a "Blonde Bombshell". But, unfortuantely, I never got the idea that she was really blonde. Is there any such a thing as a "Bleached Bombshell"?

Probably most blond bombshells you know are bleached bombshells.  Natural blond hair is really pretty rare in adults.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Courtney had the absolute best one liners on this show.  

Arggggghhh! Now I'm gonna have to watch the entire season again. I've been reading about it and it appears to be one of the best seasons ever!

On the one hand, I'm annoyed at the thought of watching this whole season again. But on the other hand ...

I want to thank you kindly because I'm looking forward to rediscovering how immensely entertaining this season was.

Thank you LadyChatts!

And thank you too Special K. I'll be on the lookout for that bleach. LOL!

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 1