Type keyword(s) to search

Bingeing Vs Watching Weekly

Yeah I wouldn't watch more than one GoT per day myself. There is just way too much going on.

Whereas I could easily have watched the entire first season in one sitting and didn't only because I was watching it with someone else.  But we were doing 3-4 episodes per night.  ( I should note that I'd read all the books by that time, which helped with keeping things straight.)  Now, The Wire, on the other hand, was strictly 1 or 2 eps at a time.

Edited by proserpina65

My point about binge watching GOT was not that it was too much going on, I had even said that.  It was just so "heavy".  I think the binge watching actually helped keeping things straight.  I was not waiting a week, or months if between seasons, so didn't forget anything.  I ended up having little binge-watching sprees followed by days w/o watching.  I still managed to get through all 4 seasons in about 5 weeks.

Perhaps forgotten in this discussion is the experience of "strip-watching," or watching episodes five days a week via syndication.  I don't even know how prevalent that sort of syndication is any more, particularly with hourlong dramas.  But I watched "ER" that way.  I'd tape the daily episodes and then watch them every day after work (back in the days of VCR).  

• Love 3

Back when the SciFi channel actually had legit sci fi shows, I got my roommate into B5 and Farscape because they showed it everyday. If I discover a show later than when it's aired, I usually will watch one per day. 

I actually only watch shows on airtime or the next day if I am active in the discussion groups here. 

• Love 1

Perhaps forgotten in this discussion is the experience of "strip-watching," or watching episodes five days a week via syndication.  I don't even know how prevalent that sort of syndication is any more, particularly with hourlong dramas.  But I watched "ER" that way.  I'd tape the daily episodes and then watch them every day after work (back in the days of VCR).  

When you think about it, I wonder how different the viewing experience is for people that grew up always being to able to watch a show on demand. 

My first memory of TV is this vague vision of the Hardy Boys in a hospital and every decade or so I get kind of annoyed that I never saw how it ended.  I presume that it was my parent's fault and that it was in syndication at some point because I was two when the show aired.  Although it would explain a lot about why I post in TV forums if my poor two year old  psyche was damaged in formative years over never seeing the resolution of a parental induced cliffhanger.

I remember going on vacation to Disney World and when I came home, I realized that the VHS tape was the shorter variety and I didn't tape the last episodes of Mann & Machine and Covington Cross that ever aired.  That was during the span of time where everything I watched got cancelled early.  If you missed it, that was it.  No other shot unless it survived until season 2 for summer reruns.

Your number of TV shows was limited to min(max(0,TVs- people older than you in control of your TVs),1) - max(0,VCRs- people older than you recording a 2nd show).

I paid a heck of a lot more attention to making sure I saw every show I might like back then.

Now I watch the ones I really like weekly, I binge watch the one I sort of like as background noise, and the rest I never really bother with.

PS  I just googled Hardy Boys hospital and have just resolved that niggling childhood trauma.  Maybe I'll go find the episodes of Covington Cross that never aired in the US next. 

• Love 3

I kind of like watching series the old-fashioned way when they're first aired: one a week, with plenty of time to analyze and discuss, and no fears of stumbling across spoilers. When it comes to Netflix series, like Orange is the New Black and House of Cards, I don't generally watch more than two episodes at a stretch. If I haven't watched a series from the beginning, it's hard to motivate myself to play catch up. I keep telling myself I'll get around to seeing Game of Thrones someday, along with the rest of Breaking Bad and the final season of The Sopranos...

I found the OP article interesting. It made me wonder whether watching multiple episodes of the same show is any different from watching many different shows in one evening when it comes to impulse control, running away from problems, etc.

Sometimes I binge-watch shows running in the background while I'm doing something else.  That's how I learned to like Continuum. 

For me, daily "strip watching" was like my daily treat.  I could have saved them up and watched them in a row on the weekend, but I liked it being part of my routine. Even when I am trying to catch up on episodes of a show I'm already familiar with (if I joined it in progress), I can't really sit through more than 2 episodes at a time.  I like to save some for later, you know?

It's also possible that the experience of binge-watching is overhyped and people really aren't doing it as much the media thinks they are.  I also don't understand the concept of releasing an entire Netflix show at once.  Why bother even separating it into episodes?  Why not just make a 13-hour movie called Orange Is the New Black?

Some possible reasons: “Those who feel negative emotions such as loneliness and depression may binge watch TV series to stay away from their negative feelings,” the researchers wrote in the study.

No. I watch TV because I want to stay in touch with reality. /sarcasm

For me, defining the binge is less about the duration and more about what gets sacrificed in the name of it. For example, if I'm home on a late winter Sunday (like once football is over) and I've got nothing else going on, I'll think nothing of burning off 3 or more episodes of something because, what else have I got going on? I'm probably going to sit home and just watch TV anyway. Who cares if it's all of the same show? The difference is if I put off things like chores, errands, exercise, or sleep because I just can't stop, even if it's "only" two episodes. (I've never backed out of any social obligations...yet).

• Love 4

Sometimes I binge-watch shows running in the background while I'm doing something else.  That's how I learned to like Continuum. 

For me, daily "strip watching" was like my daily treat.  I could have saved them up and watched them in a row on the weekend, but I liked it being part of my routine. Even when I am trying to catch up on episodes of a show I'm already familiar with (if I joined it in progress), I can't really sit through more than 2 episodes at a time.  I like to save some for later, you know?

It's also possible that the experience of binge-watching is overhyped and people really aren't doing it as much the media thinks they are.  I also don't understand the concept of releasing an entire Netflix show at once.  Why bother even separating it into episodes?  Why not just make a 13-hour movie called Orange Is the New Black?

Hmpf.  I binge watch some things that I only recently located online that are about to expire, or that I knew were online but the expiration dates were hidden until it's nearly too late.  Right now I'm binge-watching my second viewing of The Librarians, in the more chronological order that the production people have posted instead of the broadcast order.  Otherwise I try to not watch more than two episodes of anything I greatly enjoy (current list has a nice length to it), and I'll burn off in background the ones I don't enjoy but can't quit yet (Blue Bloods).  Sometimes I'll strip watch a syndicated series, although this was more likely to happen several years ago when I had a DVR and no online viewing capability (old computer).  I managed to watch all seven seasons of Da Vinci's Inquest and the "eighth" season which was really Da Vinci's City Hall - thank you WGN, I wound up doing this on the last syndie-run you did... 104 episodes, five days a week, in under six months.  I sort of strip-watched the original Hawaii Five-O on METV, but they went from daily to once every Sunday afternoon, and I've only watched half of them.

Does admitting that I keep spreadsheets of what I haven't seen but intend to, complete with episode titles, running times, and expiration dates, make me a sorry sad loner?  I think it's just a bit of OCD myself.  I'm certainly not depressed, I like these shows or I wouldn't watch them.

• Love 1

I just binge watched Rescue Me. I don't remember if I watched it when it originally aired

There is no rule on what I will watch live. I am watching plenty of shows live right now and plenty I am binge watching as well. I just finished Transparent which I watched in a day to get the free day watch. OITNB and House of Cards took me a couple of days each. I also watch Wentworth in a couple of days.

Edited by Chaos Theory

Does admitting that I keep spreadsheets of what I haven't seen but intend to, complete with episode titles, running times, and expiration dates, make me a sorry sad loner? I think it's just a bit of OCD myself. I'm certainly not depressed, I like these shows or I wouldn't watch them.

Not sad. Organized. :)

I also wonder if the researchers of the cited study differentiated between watching >1 episode of the same show in a sitting vs watching > 1 episode of different shows. For example, what if binging on Netflix isn't your thing but you are glued to Grey's/Scandal/Murder every week? Do those people exhibit the same feelings as the bingers? Does watching 2 back to back episodes of a show as they air in syndication qualify as binge watching? Is there such a thing as binge reading? For most well adjusted people, and maybe I'm just projecting, things like binge watching seem to be crimes of opportunity. "Hey, I'm in for the night, might as well cuddle up with some SVU." "Look at all the snow, better hunker down with Game of Thrones." "Ooooo! A rare weekend alone. Bring on House of Cards." I joked up thread that I have never cancelled plans with friends because I was watching TV (not gonna lie, I have been tempted), but I would imagine that's true of most people. It's not something that, unless one has a real underlying issue, I imagine interferes with everyday life.

Edited by kiddo82
  • Love 4

The upside of streaming: you know that show you gave up on after three episodes because it sucked well it is still on two seasons later and your friends say it gets better. You can now catch up in a couple days/weeks just in time for the current season.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

If possible, I will watch weekly. If I watched a show from the start, I will watch weekly. If I'm binging that show, I've lost interest by that point. In the summertime or other holidays, I will borrow dvds of tv series from the public library. I've binged through Parenthood, Downton Abbey, Fringe, and Homeland. I then watched those shows weekly--except Homeland, because I don't have HBO. 

One type of binge watching not yet mentioned is when I know the Food Network or HGTV is doing a marathon, I will record all the episodes and watch them in a row. Home Hunters, You Gotta Eat Here, Triple D, that type of thing. Usually, those marathons take place on a holiday or at a time when other tv options are slim, anyway. 

Also, when a major event or news story takes place, I will record everything I can about that event and then watch. A death of a major figure, a big game involving one my favourite teams, a weather story, etc. 

There may be something to weekly watching and binge walking.  I watch Empire live because It's good enough that I'm not going to wait longer than necessary to watch it.  But, I just binged the first five episodes again and I noticed a ton of little details scattered across the episodes that call back to previous episodes that provide a lot of character insight. 

• Love 2

I generally prefer watching weekly, as I love talking/reading about TV shows, it's half the fun of watching some shows for me. Even though I don't comment a ton, I love reading what people say about the episodes, and it helps point out things I might have missed otherwise. I don't really like the way Netflix puts the whole season of OITNB and House of Cards up at once. I don't feel a sense of community with those shows, like I do with others. It makes it hard to discuss and analyze each episode. There's no speculation, no questions about what's going to happen, no stewing on something for a week.
My husband and I don't really "binge" on shows, but we have done the watch an episode or two every day for several weeks to get caught up on a show. We usually do this when our regular shows are on hiatus. We'll pick one of those "I meant to watch that..." shows, like Orphan Black, Justified, The Americans. We usually get caught up and then have to wait for it to come back on real time. We've also gone back and rewatched some of our favorites, like we're doing with Breaking Bad now. It's interesting watching a show back-to-back like that, instead of having to wait a year between seasons, when I'd forget details and plot threads.

• Love 2

A few years ago I binged all 4 seasons of The Wire over a 3 day weekend and I regret nothing!

I think The Wire had 5 seasons.  I binge-watched the DVDs about 6 years ago and keep meaning to go back and watch it more slowly, as I don't remember details from it very well.  Need to get this on a schedule for hubby and me to view together!

I'm a big figure skating/gymnastics fan. When I was younger, I had to watch everything live, lest I should miss anything, whether it's a once-in-a-lifetime performance or a disastrous fall. But then, as I got older, I couldn't take the excitement or tension anymore, and instead, I began recording the competition and watching only the good performances -- WAY after the fact. That way, I no longer had to be on the edge of my seat, worried about whether my favorite athlete would complete his/her triple axel or whatever and instead got to concentrate on the beauty/excellence of the performance.

I think binge watching is akin to that. In order to "binge watch," the show will have to already been established. And the fact that most likely a viewer is attracted to it in the first place is that it was well reviewed, so one doesn't really have to worry too much whether the show is going to be any good (case in point: we binge-watched Mad Men, and while the first several episodes were god-awfully slow, we knew the show always made its way into the "best ever" discussions, so we stuck with it, and, voila, we ended up loving it). There are no pleasant surprises, but there aren't any unwelcome surprises, either.

So now it's all about binge watching for us. That said, being pretty old, we couldn't watch 5 episodes a day. We watch one (or two, when we're feeling pretty ambitious) episode a night, and we enjoy it for a long time (I guess that'd be "slow" binge-watching). It's easier to keep track of what's going on that way, too.

I think at this point I have become a binge watcher. There have been a lot of shows I have let drop because I get bored of watching weekly. I like that I can watch an entire season on a weekend. I just watched both seasons of El Rays From Dusk Till Dawn and I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I watched it week to week and I would never have gotten through Amazon's Mad Dogs. I pushed through that because I could in a days time.

I stick with weekly on slot of shows because I do like them but there have been far to many that I have dropped because I am too much a binge watcher.

I've been binging a lot of older series lately but usually can only make it through 30 episodes or so. Even if I care about and like the show overall, at some point it becomes too much and I'll start to fast-forward, then ultimately give up and just read episode summaries to find out what happened. Hours and hours of concentrated episodes often serve to highlight a show's flaws or a specific character's annoyingness.

Yesterday it was the reimagined Battlestar Galactica; I had been drawn in and watching the episodes pretty quickly but got to the end of season 2 and simply couldn't take it any more. "It" being Baltar.

Even though I really liked Justified and made it through five seasons -- a lot more than most -- I couldn't hack watching the final one. Love you, Raylan, but spare me yet another damned fight scene between you and Boyd.

I also definitely agree that being unable to discuss the show impacts my enjoyment. If the series has a forum here I'll usually go back and read the comments, but not being able to participate is a bit of a bummer. Sometimes a person has questions!

Edited by lordonia

There are a couple of shows on Amazon/Netflix that I think might have worked on a weekly. I think Amazons High Castle would have been better week to week and I actually wish one of my cable channels picked up Australia 's Wentworth. That show would have been awesome on a weekly discussion.

I rarely watch anything scripted week to week for two reasons. One, I live in a house with three teens and I never know if I'm going to have access to the TV at the same time every week. Two, I've been burned with too many shows that don't come back for a second season, so I wait for a whole season to conclude and then start. If it doesn't get renewed, then at least they'll resolve the story lines, or I won't even start.  I'll collect a whole season or half-season on DVR (Dr. Who, Sleepy Hollow) and catch up on my own time.  I also binge watch shows that came and went during those years that I was way too busy child-rearing to commit to.  I don't mind being late to the party of a good show, even if it means that I'm slightly spoiled. 

I have a cousin who thinks Netflix and Prime Are Gods gift. He says he watches two hours of actual not news or sports related tv a week. He has young kids so he is lucky to get time to watch tv on his own so he catches up on oldish shows on Netflix and Prime.

I prefer to watch weekly, because I am old and need something new to come along to bring light into my sad and lonely existence.  Besides, I have discovered that I am unable to watch more than 3 episodes of the same show without getting bored and restless.  I don't see how people watch 8 hours of something all at once.  There's too many other things to do.

Someone has to mention the Portlandia episode where they binge watch Battlestar Gallactica and things go very wrong.

• Love 1

I don't binge watch, I like to watch the shows when they come on, not wait until the season is over. How do you keep away from spoilers if you wait? If something happens on a popular show, you can't go on the internet without hearing about it. 

That said, I do like to binge read, if I discover a book series I like, I will read through all the books in a row before I read something else.

• Love 3

That said, I do like to binge read, if I discover a book series I like, I will read through all the books in a row before I read something else.

Yes to this! If I discover a book series I truly enjoy I have to be careful or laundry won't get done, dinner becomes take-out & I neglect sleep while I devour them. Often, if I loved them, I'll then go back & read them again at a slower pace. I can usually pace myself better with TV binging then I ever can with books.
  • Love 3

I don't binge watch, I like to watch the shows when they come on, not wait until the season is over. How do you keep away from spoilers if you wait? If something happens on a popular show, you can't go on the internet without hearing about it.

For me it comes down to not caring if I get spoiled. There are a few shows I like to keep up with for reasons too complicated to get into but ironically most of them are at 10:00 and during the winter I have early mornings so I go to bed at 10:00. Sometimes I catch myself reading PTV boards even before I watch the episode so I get spoiled but I still enjoy the episode.

As for other shows it depends on how popular the show is. There are some you just can't avoid being spoiled. I jest now finished watching season 2 of The Affair and I wasn't spoiled at all.

I do both.  I think both have value for me depending on my mood and how much time I have. 

I still watch a lot of live TV week-to-week. I do it because I can and have the time to do it.  I do it because I do like variety and week-to-week forces TV variety since a show I like can only be viewed once a week so I have to find something else.  I also like it because I like discussing TV on boards like this as it happens.

And I'm impatient.  That works for binging as well as it works for week-to-week.  It works week-to-week because if a new show intrigues me, I don't want to wait a year until all the episodes appear on one of the streaming sites I subscribe to--if I even subscribe to the site where it appears.  Sure, that means I could be burned by a one-year-wonder but there are so many one-year-wonders I am so happy to have watched like Awake and Keen Eddie.

It also works for binging because I don't have to wait to see what happens next.  Ironically, I find it easier to binge network shows vs. those meant for binging like Netflix shows.  Unless it's a premium network without commercials, the shows are shorter once commercials are removed.  Watching 3 sitcom episodes in an hour is the best.  Or a drama that comes in at 40 minutes feels like the right length.  And since they're created for weekly watching, it's usually nicely set up for the next episode.

Netflix/Hulu/Amazon shows aren't always like that.  They push the boundaries of length, sometimes unnecessarily so, and sometimes do their "12 hour movie" a disservice by not having enough focus in the middle. And I find those harder to watch straight in a row.

But I watch a lot of TV.  And I watch it in a lot of ways.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3

For me, the problem with binge reading is that the authors tend to re-use turns of phrase, and that becomes annoying. 

Oh yes, I agree, that happens a lot. Or they give a recap of the series so far in every book. I understand why they do it, but if you're reading all the books in a row, it's annoying as hell.

Current shows I love I'll watch weekly--I basically have no choice since I don't subscribe to streaming services. But I'll binge watch complete series DVDs I have of old shows I loved (like at least 1 disc a day from the set).

• Love 1

For me to binge, it has to be a really old show or a show I haven't seen in many years.   Currently I'm watching Night Court on Laff, I haven't seen it in I don't know how long (except for the few DVDs that came out of the early seasons, but even that was years ago).   However, if I've seen a show in the last five or so years it's still fresh in my mind so it's really hard for me to binge so soon.  I loved Leverage, for example, but I saw every episode and I feel like it's too familiar for me to revisit it yet.

I also definitely agree that being unable to discuss the show impacts my enjoyment. If the series has a forum here I'll usually go back and read the comments, but not being able to participate is a bit of a bummer. Sometimes a person has questions!

A year and a half ago I was watching Farscape and I had no one to discuss with and TWoP was gone, I ended up getting on The Wayback Machine and looking it up. I binge watch stuff now and there are forums for it but I still have a problem with discussion because things end up jumbling together too much for me to discuss. I do read the forums though. I'm still going to binge watch stuff but I prefer weekly watching. I like seeing the discussion and all the things I don't pick up on during an episode.

Edited by festivus
  • Love 1

There have been a couple of shows I thought were crap that got 2nd seasons and the first seasons ended up on Netflix so I gave them a second chance...and they ended up being not so crappy. Again I tend to like binge watching what I call 2nd and 3rd tier shows but I do agree watching the truly good shows or the ones I like to make fun is nice to watch weekly.

I do also agree that one has questions. I would love to find a forum on Wentworth that actually moves because that show is awesome. Also there are shows that you have watched in years that you might want to watch again and discuss with people. Still.....I like binging.

I might have a problem.

I've definitely been partial to binge watching older shows.  Mad Men, The Wire are recent examples (we just started Deadwood). 

I'm so glad I binge watched Doctor Who.  I don't know how I could've waited each week or year in the case of Season 4 and the Specials.  The only problem is that I just got to the Capaldi years and freaking Netflix and Hulu are no longer streaming it.  BOOOOO!  I was almost caught up. 

My husband and I also binged Lost.  He had never seen it and I had watched week to week.  It was such a better experience knocking out blocks of episodes.

Mr. kittykat: How could you wait weeks and months for a new episode?  It takes forever to get anything answered?

Me: You don't even know.  Many a remote got thrown.

When Nikki and Paolo got screentime in S3...

Mr kittykat: Who the hell are these people and why do they think they're with the cool kids?

Me: *laughs hysterically*

• Love 1

But I'll binge watch complete series DVDs I have of old shows I loved (like at least 1 disc a day from the set).

My father did that with the second part of Frasier (the last 5 seasons as presented in that CBS condensed shelf-friendly full-series DVD release). He enjoyed the heck out of it, and I was glad he did, because for reasons unknown to me, that NBC comedy went incredibly downhill with all the romantic angles (it wasn't like it was in the first third of the run [the witty misadventures of a radio psychiatrist, his brother, their father, and their father's home health care worker]). I got bored with it when the romance seemed to have drowned out all the wit. 

I tend to sample all the new scripted shows that come out on the major networks/ outlets.

So my binging tends to be shows that didn't make the cut for week to week viewing but weren't completely terrible.  Binging shows are background noise while I do other stuff.

If it catches me enough that I pay attention, then I catch up (and have a lost weekend where I get nothing accomplished) and watch new seasons as they air.

Empire and From Dusk till Dawn are the only shows that have managed that in recent years.

My husband and I also binged Lost.  He had never seen it and I had watched week to week.  It was such a better experience knocking out blocks of episodes.

Mr. kittykat: How could you wait weeks and months for a new episode?  It takes forever to get anything answered?

Heh. When I finally convinced the b.f to give BSG a shot, and he really got into it, and then he got to the season 2 finale, and he could just pop in the season 3 dvd, and suddenly I resented that.

We.. we had to wait months to find out what came next, you don't understand what it was like!!

• Love 1

I'll pop in a DVD of an old favorite and watch several episodes in a row, but I watch new programming in real time - normally.  I'm cat-sitting at my parents' house, and they have Netflix, so I decided to try Grace and Frankie.  I watched the 13 episodes over the course of three days, I think.  I really enjoyed the show, but if I had Netflix at home, I'd opt to leave a lot more time in between episodes.  One of the things I don't like about the show is I feel it covered too much time over the span of those 13 episodes, and binge watching it made that even more pronounced.  And, fundamentally, I don't feel like I properly absorbed each episode by immediately going on to another one.  With the X-Files revival - the first new show I've watched in a long time (I pretty much watch sports, The Daily Show, and old shows in syndication) - I have a few random thoughts about each episode throughout the week as my mind apparently processes it in the background.  With G&F, things muddled together and that didn't happen.

(edited)

Right now, I am binging Mannix (1967-75 Mike Connors CBS detective series), and I'm just about to be through the second season's worth (1968-69; first season w/Joe Mannix at 17 Paseo Verde, and first season w/the late Gail Fisher as his secretary Peggy Fair). I'm 3 episodes out of finishing the second go-round and moving on to the third (1969-70). I think the stories have moved much more quickly with Joe Mannix at the 17 Paseo Verde setting, as opposed to when he was working at Intertect in the first go-round (1967-68). 

Edited by bmasters9
Wrong name of Mannix setting

Tis the season for a binge watch! I just finished The Great British Bake Off ( I had to look online for S1 & S2) and now I'm 4 episodes into Luther (finally!).

2018 binges include Big Mouth, The Haunting of Hill House, Channel Zero & Sabrina.

The only shows I enjoy watching weekly are comedies. I think weekly viewing has enhanced my enjoyment of both Atlanta & Insecure (I love going to those forums after a new episode).

For New Year's Eve we like to binge Netflix comedy specials and start the year with laughter.

45 minutes ago, crimsongrl said:

Tis the season for a binge watch! I just finished The Great British Bake Off ( I had to look online for S1 & S2) and now I'm 4 episodes into Luther (finally!).

Some shows are just better to binge watch and Luther is one of those shows. As far as the GBBO I like to watch one episode a morning as I drink my coffee. I'm on the newest old season that Netflix has. Next will be the newest new season. 

Because of some talk in another thread I spent all of last night binge watching the whole of Queer as Folk UK version. It's been a while since I've seen it and I definitely think that's one to watch all in one go. I remember doing the US version in less than a week about 7 or 8 years ago and I don't recommend that. I should have taken more time because that one is way more angsty than the UK version. That was the summer my son decided to commandeer my computer from morning to night to play Wow so I didn't really have any other choice. I was having internet withdrawals, lol.

I do tend to watch my comedies on a weekly basis but that's about it. Except for Gotham and The Magicians because I just can't wait for those to show up on Netflix. The one bad thing about not watching stuff weekly is that you can't really participate in the discussion here because everyone has already discussed and moved on by the time I get around to seeing things.

I have been on vacation/sick for the last few days and I have been binding on Dexter.  Maybe since time has passed I have gotten some distance from my initial "emotional attachment" to the show so I can see how binging on something you have already seen can give you new insight into a show you have forgotten or maybe packed away.  Yeah the last season is kinda the weakest but Hannah isn't as awful as I thought she was.  It is only the last few minutes of the last episode that make zero sense.  Kinda like the writers just through something together.  Anyone I doubt I would have watched this again if I had to watch it other then binging. 

I got a free HBO weekend (actually Sat-Tues due to the holiday) and have been binging on seasons 4-7 of Games of Thrones.  Now, I haven't been sitting glued to the couch the whole time, because I have seen it, but it's been on and I've been walking in and out.  And yes, Season 5 (except for a couple of stand-out episodes) really is as sub-par as I'd originally though.

• Love 1

It depends one my mood and schedule. I generally try to watch my news and political shows first because I like feeling somewhat informed. Then there are my weekly hourlong shows that I really love like a couple of the Real Housewives. I typically watch those right away. Everything else can typically wait. Things like The Bachelor, Dancing with the Stars, and Days of Our Lives take up more time, so they’re usually last on my list of things to watch. I try not to get too behind just because family and friends oftentimes discuss, and I love reading what people here post. Binging a bit can be fun, but I do get annoyed when certain shows are spoiled.