Type keyword(s) to search

Finding Bigfoot - General Discussion

• Start Topic

You guys. It's back. Tonight (not Sunday) at 9:00 Eastern - a two hour episode called, and I kid you not, Supernatural Bigfoot. Surely - surely - this is the beginning of the end.

Beginning of the end?  This episode is the residual nerve-twitching that occurs after death.

• Love 2

A Bigfoot medium. Does she put that on her tax forms? Bobo wearing an actual tinfoil hat, Ranae trying to commune with the Squatch via ESP. They have to be just trolling us all at this point, right?

• Love 1

Finally watched this on my DVR.  Ugh.  Well Boboes, at least now you know how we see you.  

My 3-year-old had become fascinated with this show, even though her decision on this is that 'bigfoot is a pretend gorilla'. I think she means the howling shot we get going into and out of commercial, but you're not wrong, kid.  

• Love 1

Has Bobo had some sort of neck injury? I'm just starting to notice that he never moves his head and I don't know if he's always been that way or not.

According to his facebook page, he has some sort of nerve injury to his neck. 

He has lost a lot of weight and looks gaunt.  I hope he is ok.

• Love 1

Charge up your night vision goggles, fellow Squatchers. Marathon today, new season starts January 8. Any predictions? I say they go to the Arctic to investigate reports that Santa is large and hairy. Santa Squatch.

• Love 2

The lady Kendra said, if I'm not mistaken, that her sighting happened at the holidays, "just a couple of weeks ago." So this was filmed quite a long time ago. I wonder how Bobo's weight loss figured into the filming schedule and how he did it. Maybe it had to happen so he could have the surgery on his back, and then he'll be all better, because he was still moving fairly stiffly and tentatively. I was worried when they were all sliding around in the icy woods, especially on train tracks!

I'm not sure who Moneymaker is trying to morph into, but he needs to cut that damn hair.

The family members were all fun. I'd be okay with them tagging along again, just to change up the dynamic. And we could sub out Matt with Leo any old time. That man bugs.

• Love 1

Cliff was live tweeting during the episode last night.  Someone asked if Bobo had lost weight, and Cliff said he had and they were very proud of him.  

Could someone please get Moneymaker to the barber? I'd pay for him to be shaved bald. 

Did enjoy watching $maker teach his kid to think like an idiot.  Interesting that Matt considers himself a 'talented' investigator, hoping his kid inherited his abilities.  To find nothing.  I'm sensing a spin-off: Kids Not-Finding Bigfoot.  

Edited by henripootel

Working my way through Sunday's new material.

New Jersey:  After Bobo sees the black bear, $maker says "so we know there are bear here, that makes this the perfect place to investigate."

Next scene, $maker "Too many bears around here.  There's gotta be someplace better in New Jersey to investigate."

I feel like there's a point like this in each episode, where logic metaphorically switches from weed to heroin. 

• Love 2

I don't watch this crazy show, but somebody must have nothing better to do, since it's in its second season.  I'm tired of looking at all the ads while I'm watching other shows.  Now they're in Hawaii where there's.....tada!....a Little Bigfoot.  Really, folks, a 'Little' Bigfoot?  I guess this must be a comedy, right?

3 hours ago, Diane M said:

since it's in its second season.

Honestly don't know how to tell you this, Diane, but I'm pretty sure we're now into Season 9.  This crap has been on for like 5 years now, and it's all just that bad.  My wife will not be happy to hear they've not gotten a free trip to Hawaii, as her previous outrage on the subject indicates: 

'WHAT?  They got a free trip to Nepal?  I want a free trip to Nepal.  I'm already doing their job - I've been not finding bigfoot longer than $maker!  I'm doing it right now - folding clothes, not finding bigfoot.'

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Diane M said:

I don't watch this crazy show, but somebody must have nothing better to do, since it's in its second season.  I'm tired of looking at all the ads while I'm watching other shows.  Now they're in Hawaii where there's.....tada!....a Little Bigfoot.  Really, folks, a 'Little' Bigfoot?  I guess this must be a comedy, right?

Well, it is a comedy, but I'm not sure who all is in on the joke.  My favorite is when they talk about what the 'squatches "think" about things.  "Well, we know that bigfoots like country/western music, so let's play some of that real loud to see if they respond."

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

My favorite is when they talk about what the 'squatches "think" about things.

I still remember a few years ago when Bobo casually mentioned that "everyone knows" bigfoots like doughnuts and raw liver, so that's why they were leaving it out in the forest to tempt them.

• Love 2

Bobo looks good - who'da thunk letting his hair go gray would make him look ten years younger! The weight loss helped too, but he no longer looks worn out and draggly. Good for him.

Let's see, they've conned their way into trips to Nepal, China, Vietnam, Australia and Brazil, right, and now Hawaii. Have they been to Russia? If not, that's probably the next one. And after that, I bet they try to convince us there are squatches in Jamaica or Club Med.

• Love 4

I haven't watched Hawaii yet, but I assume they're talking about the Menehune?  If so, my understanding is that the Menehune hold some cultural/spiritual significance to indigenous Hawaiians.  Giving it the typical Finding Bigfoot treatment seems culturally insensitive.

And, ultimately, I'm guessing that they go out, pretend to hear and see things (that they don't) which remind them exactly of the things they pretend to see and hear in the States which leads them to conclude that [insert the local legend] is just like the "North American Sasquatch", and therefore the things they pretend to do to find it should work there.

• Love 1

I didn't even think of an illness. Partly because he seems so much more energetic and less uncomfortable, and also because his fellow BARFers tweeted that they were proud of him for his weight loss. His hair was an absolute mess, so once he started looking and feeling better, maybe he didn't want that reminder of how he used to look.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Giving it the typical Finding Bigfoot treatment seems culturally insensitive.

Nonsense - they'd do the typical FB thing and talk to the 'village elders', and pretend to take what they say seriously.  This part is usually pretty fun as the locals make it clear that they're talking about spiritual creatures, but the Team 'know better'.  I have no doubt they mean well but it always comes off a bit patronizing.  

On 1/16/2017 at 1:11 AM, Ananayel said:

Bobo looks good - who'da thunk letting his hair go gray would make him look ten years younger! The weight loss helped too, but he no longer looks worn out and draggly. Good for him.

I agree.  He looks healthy and it looks like he had his teeth fixed.  Bad teeth can make one very sick and even attack the heart etc.  

Good for him.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

I am shocked by Bobo's appearance this season...his hair is all gone, and what is left is gray.  My husband says he looks gaunt.  Is he sick?

Cliff said he lost a lot of weight, and they were proud of him.  But shaving his head was odd I thought.  I hope it's nothing serious.  On another note, I will pay someone to shave Moneymakers head.. I'm sick of his long nasty hair. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, OSM Mom said:

Cliff said he lost a lot of weight, and they were proud of him.  But shaving his head was odd I thought.  I hope it's nothing serious.  On another note, I will pay someone to shave Moneymakers head.. I'm sick of his long nasty hair. 

Me too! He looked the best that one season (or two? I don't remember) that his hair was short...and then he just started growing it out. Looks horrible!

6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Can anyone provide a picture of Bobo now?  I haven't had a chance to see the show, but Googling is not providing anything.  TIA.

I'm sorry. I tried to do it, but don't know how.  One thing I found interesting, though, is in the very first episode of this season, Bobo has his long hair, although he looks thinner. Don't know where, or when he cut the hair.  I'd rather have it be because wanted a change, or had an unfortunate run in with headlice, or something. I'd rather have it be that, than he is seriously ill and maybe going through treatment of some type.

Edited by LocalGovt
  • Love 1

Gee, I think Bobo looks great! He obviously lost weight - it's a shame that when overweight people lose a good deal of weight, they appear "gaunt" to others. I would imagine that's discouraging and demoralizing (my father once lost a lot of weight, and he was told that he looked gaunt by a number of people - I believe that was a contributing factor to his regaining it). Also, I think Bobo looks terrific with the hair cut. It was scraggly and unflattering before...The old "aging hippie holding onto his long hair" thing. 

In all, I think Bobo looks way healthier now than he has in quite a while.

11 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Last night I watched Killing Bigfoot, which was basically this show but with guns and the town meetings degenerating into a big lame fight over whether they should kill Bigfoot or not.

Right? Apparently it's an ongoing series.  

The only question I have after watching the first of last night's eps is this: WTF is up with Matt's hair? Did a toddler get some yellow paint and color it while he was asleep? Did he get mad that Bobo was getting attention for his hair change and try to compete? Is he having a crisis of some sort and meant for it to look that way?

3 hours ago, Ananayel said:

The only question I have after watching the first of last night's eps is this: WTF is up with Matt's hair? Did a toddler get some yellow paint and color it while he was asleep? Did he get mad that Bobo was getting attention for his hair change and try to compete? Is he having a crisis of some sort and meant for it to look that way?

He needs to cut all that garbage off. He looks stupid. 

Edited by OSM Mom
Because they and that are two totally different words.

This is a man who pontificates on the eating habits, behavior, and thoughts of an imaginary creature.  His hair is the least of the things that makes him look stupid.

Although he is probably laughing all the way to the bank.  He gets free travel paid for and has a TV show.

• Love 2
On 1/29/2017 at 7:45 PM, OneWouldHope said:

Gee, I think Bobo looks great! He obviously lost weight - it's a shame that when overweight people lose a good deal of weight, they appear "gaunt" to others. I would imagine that's discouraging and demoralizing (my father once lost a lot of weight, and he was told that he looked gaunt by a number of people - I believe that was a contributing factor to his regaining it). Also, I think Bobo looks terrific with the hair cut. It was scraggly and unflattering before...The old "aging hippie holding onto his long hair" thing. 

In all, I think Bobo looks way healthier now than he has in quite a while.

I think it was because we knew he'd had health issues, combined with his weight loss, and his lack of hair that make us all wonder.

• Love 1

I had to laugh when last night's ep of Strange Evidence covered the police car dashcam showing a shadow crossing the road in GA that these guys claimed was Bigfoot turned out to be some college kids living nearby running across the road at night in a gorilla suit. The sheriff told them to quit doing it and the bigfoot sightings ceased.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1