Type keyword(s) to search

Finding Bigfoot - General Discussion

• Start Topic

There's a town in Wisconsin that for years in the 1980's had a "werewolf" sighting almost every winter. It would be seen maybe one or two days then wouldn't be seen again until next winter (maybe). People would see it cross the road, often in their rearview mirror, from one wooded area to another.

I always suspected that this was a guy in a suit who was having a little fun in his small town. Every sighting sounded like it was done strategically so the "werewolf" couldn't be chased or shot at. They usually happened late at night during a couple of weekends during the coldest days of the winter but never when there was snow on the ground, then no one would see it for another year. 

• Useful 1

New eps start May 18. Since no one apparently publicizes when these type shows get renewed and for how many episodes, that's all I know. Saw a promo during Travel Channel's Josh Gates-a-thon tonight.

• Love 1
On 4/20/2018 at 11:23 PM, Ananayel said:

New eps start May 18.

Maybe they'll find Bigfoot this season!

giphy.gif

Ranae posted on her Instagram that May 28 (I think, I'm at work now and can't double check) would be the final episode of Finding Bigfoot. Looks like they just held on to a couple of episodes to drop in somewhere. There is a Very Special Episode afterward, probably looking back on all the seasons. She said if the numbers are good enough, she's hopeful it may get another season, but honestly, it's probably time to wrap it up. They were never serious about actually finding anything (well, Cliff probably was, maybe Bobo, but Matt is just interested in collecting $$$$,) and it's not even really entertaining anymore. There are only so many trips to exotic places they can take to drum up some interest.

• Love 2

That's too bad. The entertainment value for me has been how utterly incompetent they are and how they make excuses for everything. If they had been looking for bears in the wilderness, they never would have found one either.

• Love 1

Yeah, I really only watch this show because of the nature, and my interest in bigfoot. It's not like I was expecting them to ever actually find one, or get much evidence.

Looks like the last few episode were kept because Animal Planet is doing Monster Week, and the finale is the centerpiece of that. 

Since probably 90% of sightings happen during the day, and what happens at night is sounds and occasionally something being thrown, it would seem like "hunting" during the day would be better. If they really want to find one, go to a place where there are multiple sightings, put up sturdy cameras in some camoflaged case, and then leave. But that would make for a very boring show.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thought this show ended. Now season 10 started!!??  Thought even these buffoons figured enough was enough after 9 years of zilch, lol

And yeah, why do all these paranormal shows do everything in the dark when every bloody ghost, poltergeist event, bigfoot and many ufo sightings are in daylight and/or with the lights on, lol

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 1

This was the series finale, 100th episode. Kind of neat that it was at a Patterson-Gimlin festival, almost full-circle in a way. And they seem convinced the audience loved the night investigations, so that's why we got them. I will actually miss this stupid show, but they'll probably just rerun the crap out of it.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Ananayel said:

And they seem convinced the audience loved the night investigations,

I haven't watched for a few years but I recall an early season where they put out this "bigfoot buffet" of  (I think) raw liver and jellied doughnuts on a log and Bobo was convinced that the combo would be irresistible to them.  That wouldn't have been half as much fun in the daytime, because then you would have noticed how stupid the whole thing was.

• Love 1

So, I seen the episode, and it looks like it being the series finale wasn't even planned. I'm guessing Animal Planet cancelled the show or something?

I don't think they knew it was the end when they were filming it - it might even have had to be shot early on in the most recent group of episodes, since it took place around a scheduled event. AP held it back to air kicking off Monster Week (looks like they're trying to make that a thing, like Shark Week) and so that a Patterson-Gimlin episode would be number 100. That's why we got the wrap-up special that aired after, with thanks to the crew and behind the scenes moments.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:49 AM, Ananayel said:

I'm not sure who Moneymaker is trying to morph into, but he needs to cut that damn hair.

Obviously, $maker is growing his hair in order to look like a 'squatch and draw them out from hiding. ;-)

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:59 PM, Chrissy macc said:

HELLO BFRO TEAM...trying to find you guys is like finding Bigfoot. 

That sounds like an opening line from a telemarketer who calls periodically.

• LOL 1

Ranae posted on her Insta that there will be a 2 hour special streaming on the diabolical D+ Feb 8. She confirmed it will air on Animal Planet at a later date. Why can't they do this for other stuff? Bastids.

• Love 1

I just watched the special. It was nice to see the team back together again. Although, Ranae was barely in it, and Bobo being so skinny now is just disturbing.  Beyond that, it really just felt like a regular episode.

I wonder if Finding Bigfoot is coming back as a regular show, or if this was just a one-off reunion special.

• Love 1

I haven't watched this show in years, but my Smart TV has this dubious supernatural channel called "Unidentified" that aired a show with Evil Kenneval (sp?) and Bobo from Finding Bigfoot doing you-know-what. Wow! I kept wondering where Bobo was for quite awhile until someone introduced him by name! 

On 1/2/2015 at 1:58 AM, Quilt Fairy said:

I had to pass this on. It's from an interview with Adam Savage of Mythbusters, and he's talking about how they logically test theories for that show: "If you go out to look for Bigfoot and you don’t find him, you’ve only proven one half of the equation—that you don’t know how to find Bigfoot."

Bwah! 

On 1/26/2015 at 8:43 PM, jumper sage said:

What?  No one watched last night's episode with the ghost crossover?  New theory people - there MUST be a connection with spirits and Squatches for we have the same sightings for both in the same areas.  One of the eye-witnesses is a person whose family lives in a haunted house AND has spotted squatches on their property.

I think it was on the show I mentioned earlier, but someone conjectured that Bigfoot is actually some sort of time and dimension travelling creature, which is why they're so elusive. Even one of the Bigfoot hunters thought that was ridiculous, but sheepishly admitted that their hunt for Bigfoot was also silly, so, why not? 🤷 

• LOL 2

Last night, Reelz, of all places, was playing something about Bigfoot, specifically the Patterson footage. 

It was OK, except for the over-enthusiastic sensationalist narrator and Moneymaker putting in his two cents about Sasquatch and his close encounter with one. I guess I must have missed him mentioning that on this show b/c that was news to me! 😄

• Love 1

Attention Squatch Friends! All day Marathon on Sept. 6, of Finding Bigfoot: Uncovered, leading up to the 2 hr special episode (that I think was only on D+ originally) Finding Bigfoot: The Search Continues. Let's all whoop and tree knock in celebration!

• LOL 1

It's about time. I was starting to think that special would never actually air on TV.

I wonder if the special is just a one-off, or if it'll turn into a new series.

I'll be sure to catch at least a couple episodes in the marathon too.

Edited by Lili
  • Love 2

Okay, so I know Bobo was having to lose weight due to his back and knee troubles, and I'm sure it has helped those, but doggone does he look haggard. He looks wight-appropriate, but in no way healthy. Hang in there Bobes!

Sad Ranae couldn't be there for the whole thing, but glad to see her a) gainfully employed after this show and b) glad she showed up at the end. 

Not much else to say, since I didn't see much in the way of "evidence," so par for the course, really.

• Love 1