Type keyword(s) to search

The Price Is Right - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 1/9/2017 at 11:26 AM, absolutqt said:

During the Lucky 7 game today, the guy guessed a "0" for the last number.  Where have I been?? Since when is zero included in the guesses?  I swore it's always been 1 thru 9...

Rare, but always possible. You may be thinking of Dice Game, which is limited to 1-6.

Edited by lambertman

Yes, I've never seen such lucky spins of the wheel! For a split second I wondered if the sound effects lady was back there slowing it down so it would precisely land on the dollar. 

But hey, good for them! This was the most exciting TPIR I've seen in quite awhile.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

For a split second I wondered if the sound effects lady was back there slowing it down so it would precisely land on the dollar. 

Haha,Yes!  "Oh Mighty Sound Effects Lady" pulling double duty.  Even that third guy JUST missed getting his second 1.00.  And I get waaaaay too invested in this show.  I was clapping and cheering like I was getting a cut of the 25,000!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Haha,Yes!  "Oh Mighty Sound Effects Lady" pulling double duty.  Even that third guy JUST missed getting his second 1.00.  And I get waaaaay too invested in this show.  I was clapping and cheering like I was getting a cut of the 25,000!

Me too!

On 9/20/2017 at 0:00 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

OK, what the hell is happening with Drew's hair?!  The cut, the color---he cam out and I thought it was a joke.  I need answers...

What exactly is it though? I can't put my finger on it. Is it the color or the cut? Is it longer? Parted different? I see that he gained a little weight back . He still looks good though. At one point he lost so much weight but it might have just looked like that since he had been heavier on the Drew Carey Show and the first season TPIR.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

What exactly is it though? I can't put my finger on it. Is it the color or the cut? Is it longer? Parted different? I see that he gained a little weight back . He still looks good though. At one point he lost so much weight but it might have just looked like that since he had been heavier on the Drew Carey Show and the first season TPIR.

Drew's hair was white In a crew cut on Monday's show. The next day it was mousy light brown and longer, styled kind of like a 70's Ken doll. 

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:34 AM, InDueTime said:

It looks like today's episode was the model Gwendolyn's last day. Good luck to her. However, I'm surprised she didn't wait until Friday to leave.

These shows are taped weeks in advance so her last show could have been on a Friday. Every day I watch this show and Wheel of Fortune I hope nobody wins a trip to Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Idlands

The theme shows are really a lot of fun. For Halloween, they were dressed up as the Prize League, dedicated to defeating the evil Dr. Trombones, who wanted everyone to lose.

Naturally, James was Abs Man, because well, of course he was.

• Love 3

Yesterday's episode:  The idiot that took 1500 dollars instead of rolling for 1 car made me incredibly stabby.  He got 4 cars on his first roll and then had 2 rolls to get another car!  And he settled for the 1500 instead of trying for the car???  Yeah, buddy---enjoy your 900.00 after taxes.

Edited to add the video of this idiot:

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/android/video.php?v=wshhw008r0adEq1V159L

Edited by SuburbanHangSuite
Adding stuff
  • Love 3

I saw that! Drew was incredulous and kept saying are you sure you want to do that. I've never seen that In all my years of watching this show. All I can think of is he must owe some loan sharks or something.  

And yeah, I wish they'd have let him roll the dice two more times just to see what would've happened.

• Love 2

I saw it too and slapped my forehead. The best I could figure was that he lived in some big city where a car would be a burden. Even then, he could have sold it for cash. That, or he mishead and thought it was for $15,000. Yeah, he should've taken the two last rolls. The dice could've possibly landed on $1,500 with the last roll anyway, so why not go for it?

Edited by InDueTime
Punctuation
  • Love 2

Another possibility is that the guy was so broke he couldn't afford to pay taxes on the car, so he passed. 

Surprisingly, that happens more than you'd think. A contestant wins a car, but the sales tax has to be paid upfront before they can take possession. If they can't/won't pay up, the cars wind up sitting around in limbo for a certain time period before they can revert back to the show. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

Another possibility is that the guy was so broke he couldn't afford to pay taxes on the car, so he passed. 

Yeah, I've heard the taxes can be a nasty surprise for some winners and if it was a 100K car or something extravagant like a Golden Road winner, I'd give him a pass.  But he can't scrape together the tax money for that 13,000 car?  He could sell the car for a much bigger profit than 1500.  I know, I know.  I get way too invested in this show!

• Love 1
On 1/10/2018 at 10:01 PM, Maverick said:

So....that was Zach from Big Brother on today's show, wasn't it? 

Yup! Recognized him right away. I guess his BB contract expired and he was allowed to be on another CBS show. He had the worst luck ever on the Big Wheel. He spins 5 cents and goes again and goes over. That sucks!!!

On today's episode, someone completely floundered on the Clock Game. I actually said, "What the hell?" out loud after that. Even the audience was stunned. That's the first time I ever seen someone not win at least one prize on it. I always thought that was one of the easier games if you just focus. Welp.

• Love 2

Remember when Bob Barker would stop the clock in the middle of the game to reset the idiots that were just spewing "Higher!" "Lower!" without really listening? We really needed that to happen.  I'm with InDueTime...it's like you have to try to whiff on both prizes.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

Lisa today's big winner is the mom of Patrick Beverly of the Houston Rockets. I didn't know until I saw an article on Twitter.

Her shirt did say NBA Mom.  I wonder if Drew asked her about it and they edited it out because they couldn't say the team name or something.  It was a pretty big thing not to mention.

I think they're excited, not dumb necessarily.  I read a while ago contestants are expected to maintain a consistent level of excitedness, I'm sure they cast people who will shake and scream for an hour.  The days of contestants wearing their Sunday best and remaining relatively calm went out the window about 35 years ago.

Today's show (6/8/18) was weird.

1. (Time is Money game) Contestant foolishly attempted to line up items to the correct price range (one at a time) within 10 seconds. (After that nonsense) during $$ run down, it appeared the contestant won $3k but shouldn't have because the TPIR wasn't paying attention and declared she had all items in the correct places. They had no choice but to give her the money. Before the $$ run down, after Drew explained the rules she asked him if she has to have all the items lined up correctly to win. Drew and the audience had a nice chuckle for that question and at the end she had the last laugh by being wrong. Go figure!

2. Another contestant didn't know she won the correct bidding, camera zoomed in to her looking befuddled for a few seconds, then she decided to peek over the dash to her bid amount, and then realized she had won. Hallelujah!

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Today's show (6/8/18) was weird.

1. (Time is Money game) Contestant foolishly attempted to line up items to the correct price range (one at a time) within 10 seconds. (After that nonsense) during $$ run down, it appeared the contestant won $3k but shouldn't have because the TPIR wasn't paying attention and declared she had all items in the correct places. They had no choice but to give her the money. Before the $$ run down, after Drew explained the rules she asked him if she has to have all the items lined up correctly to win. Drew and the audience had a nice chuckle for that question and at the end she had the last laugh by being wrong. Go figure!

2. Another contestant didn't know she won the correct bidding, camera zoomed in to her looking befuddled for a few seconds, then she decided to peek over the dash to her bid amount, and then realized she had won. Hallelujah!

I saw that today and that Time Is Money contestant must’ve come from the bottom of the stupid pile. She also didn’t realize she was to run back and push the buzzer after each re-arrangement of the items during the second chance portion. She just stood back, presumably waiting for the buzzer to sound all by itself. Drew finally had to remind her. And her question “Do I have to get them all right?” was priceless. Duh. No words. 

A lot of the contestants in bidders row don’t realize they’ve won. They seem to act so surprised when Drew calls their name. Others are right on it and start jumping up and down immediately. Go figure. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

Forgot to add that same contestant had dumb luck at the end. She wound up being in the showcase, her bid was over $10,000 off and she still won. One of the crazier episodes for sure. 

She made the "Broken Clock Theory" look so good!!

• Love 1

I hope Devin gets better as time goes on, because right now, he’s nothing more than a stiff plastic mannequin with a six pack. 

Why do people have to act like such idiots?  Are they encouraged to behave like some drug induced insane person?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I hope Devin gets better as time goes on, because right now, he’s nothing more than a stiff plastic mannequin with a six pack. 

Why do people have to act like such idiots?  Are they encouraged to behave like some drug induced insane person?

I think he will. He’s just new.

And yes. The more they scream and jump around, the better.

Someone asked upthread if people have to act like idiots. Thank you! Now I don't feel like I'm yelling, "GET OFF MY LAWN!" (As much. LOL!)

Seriously, though, while there were a few contestants that would act nuts with Bob Barker, they seemed to be the exception to the rule. Most were excited but acted like freaking adults. Now, it's all yelling and screaming - including the audience, which seems to now be at fever pitch constantly. It's headache inducing.

• Love 5
On 11/4/2018 at 11:47 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Someone asked upthread if people have to act like idiots. Thank you! Now I don't feel like I'm yelling, "GET OFF MY LAWN!" (As much. LOL!)

Seriously, though, while there were a few contestants that would act nuts with Bob Barker, they seemed to be the exception to the rule. Most were excited but acted like freaking adults. Now, it's all yelling and screaming - including the audience, which seems to now be at fever pitch constantly. It's headache inducing.

I agree that it seems that "Act nuts" is being encouraged more and more.  On occasion, though, a contestant will act really nuts and you can tell by Drew's facial expression and body language that he is uncomfortable with the person.  There was a show a week or two ago when he looked at the camera with an expression of, "Is someone going to need to intervene here?" as a male contestant was going bonkers next to him.

I wonder how many contestants see themselves when their show finally goes to air and think, "I made a fool of myself on international television."  I'm sure there are more than a few.

• Love 1
On 11/4/2018 at 11:47 PM, WendyCR72 said:

A friend of mine was just at a taping and she said that the crazier you are in the line waiting to enter the studio, the better the chances that you’ll get picked.  She’s a quiet person, so she knew she’d never hear her name called. What I can’t stand is when a woman runs up on stage and she jumps up and wraps her legs around Drew.  I find that nasty.  

Devin still hasn’t won me over.  All he does is clasp his hands, or waves or claps.  He’s still nothing but stiff. 

• Love 1
On 11/19/2018 at 11:00 AM, KLovestoShop said:

A friend of mine was just at a taping and she said that the crazier you are in the line waiting to enter the studio, the better the chances that you’ll get picked.  She’s a quiet person, so she knew she’d never hear her name called. What I can’t stand is when a woman runs up on stage and she jumps up and wraps her legs around Drew.  I find that nasty.  

Devin still hasn’t won me over.  All he does is clasp his hands, or waves or claps.  He’s still nothing but stiff. 

I think Drew's noticed it. He sometimes comments like "it's ok _ person will do this" make some kind of joke Devon is too out of shape to hold or move an item or has no energy since he's a weakling.

The past 2 episodes have been pretty exciting. I don't always watch but when I remember and do, I don't regret it!