Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

(edited)
26 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Wonder how former friend of show Mark Halperin feels seeing that CNN reinstated Jeffrey Toobin? All it took was Toobin going to "therapy" and working at a foodbank! Eazy Peezy. Didn't even need a Mika-inspired, yet failed, intervention. Unfair penis policies.

I am surprised CNN brought him back. I didn't think his legal analysis was that extraordinary that CNN couldn't find someone else to replace him. Toobin did promise Alyson Camerota that he wouldn't expose himself anymore while being interviewed on the network.

I remember when Toobin impregnated the daughter of fellow CNN commentator at the time Jeff Greenfeld. Toobin's wife was upset & he did offer to pay to have Greenfield's daughter so she could get an abortion.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1660951/casey-greenfield-lawyer-jeffrey-toobin-affair-child/

Edited by oakville
  • Useful 1
22 minutes ago, oakville said:

I am surprised CNN brought him back. I didn't think his legal analysis was that extraordinary that CNN couldn't find someone else to replace him. Toobin did promise Alyson Camerota that he wouldn't expose himself anymore while being interviewed on the network.

I remember when Toobin impregnated the daughter of fellow CNN commentator at the time Jeff Greenfeld. Toobin's wife was upset & he did offer to pay to have Greenfield's daughter so she could get an abortion.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1660951/casey-greenfield-lawyer-jeffrey-toobin-affair-child/

Sweet Jesus. I had never heard that sad, infuriating yet fascinating tale. I love the sleuths on here!

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Sweet Jesus. I had never heard that sad, infuriating yet fascinating tale. I love the sleuths on here!

Holy Crap! Me neither! There is something wrong with Toobin but something even more wrong with CNN! Their staff can do any tawdry, sleazy, gross thing and stay employed.  And here I thought Cuomo was getting undeserved special treatment for getting away with just an "oops, sorry" re his relationship with NY state affairs and his brother.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Holy Crap! Me neither! There is something wrong with Toobin but something even more wrong with CNN! Their staff can do any tawdry, sleazy, gross thing and stay employed.  And here I thought Cuomo was getting undeserved special treatment for getting away with just an "oops, sorry" re his relationship with NY state affairs and his brother.

I stated on the "CNN Thread" that I have to wonder about CNN's bringing this oversexed, under-appealing guy back on air.  It makes one think maybe the network is leery of a tell-all-behind-the-scenes book coming out from him.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Jeff Greenfield was upset about Toobin's behavior towards his daughter. I wonder if that's why he left CNN ?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

According to that article he offered not just to foot the bill but also a payout to go to a sperm donor afterwards. Who said chivalry is dead?!

That story is a wild ride. But this: 

"Jeff and Casey saw each other off and on over the years," one source told the newspaper. "She was married to someone else for two years. After her divorce, she started seeing Jeff again. He said he was going to leave his wife for her. But, by then, Casey had begun to distrust him. She suspected he had several other mistresses."

He was cheating intermittently for years on his wife but the mistress only started to distrust him when she thought he was cheating on her

I will never understand people.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

This whole sordid mess is so Ewwwww. And here we thought the Joe/Mika thing was scandalous! They're just on the wrong cable channel.

I cannot believe all of this didn't come "back" out after the behavior that led to him being "off air" ... it might have but with the chaotic last year-and-a-half maybe no one was really paying all that much attention.  I hope that CNN gets and takes a whopping ratings hit for bringing this ... let's face it... morally bankrupt pig back on the air.   Yes, double Ewwwww.

• Love 4

OMG, where to start? Mika learned a new word this week: Optics. She did NOT learn, or remember, Self Awareness. (See Kemper's comments above, and add the hiking boots.) All of a sudden Mrs. KYV is getting petty in the trenches, calling out clothing choices and PRICE TAGS, ffs. Like her own Louboutins and Jimmy Choo's and sheath dresses and haircuts at the hotel salon, and the multiple homes, etc. were cheap. Like Jill Biden's stuff is from Walmart. Like Jill goes to Great Clips. Get a grip, Meeks. Mean girl is not a good look for the revered leader of the KYV movement. What a hack. Is this why she was off yesterday? To write this?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I think the sad thing about that article is that she's generically calling out "fashion" as a bad frivolous thing buuuut....JILL BIDEN'S BLAZER IS ALSO FASHION, that's the whole point, she's using it in a positive way, and it's actually effective. idk why they are always so condescending and generalizing about art and self-expression

• Love 3
11 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika or one of her staff wrote an article on Jill Biden's fashion choices.

No way in hell did Mika write that.  Although the sentiments are certainly hers.  Nothing says Know Your Value like a woman with a doctorate being evaluated on her choice in clothing.

• Love 3

Funny that Mika chose to go catty on fashion choices on the day that a lot of media consumers are raging about Toobin's return. She is passing partisan judgement on a woman for self expression while her platform usually seems to elevate women...while a male is re-introduced as an analyst after committing a lurid act and thus opening the story of his past indescretions showing his long history of moral mis-steps and awful treatment of women. I'd think a strong woman of value might have a comment...but then there's the glass house thing.

I also don't believe Mika wrote that. I imagine it came from MJ friends who now work at the WH. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Hmmm IDK,  just personally I'm tired of the dumbass sexist trope that non-politico women in arts, or fashion, or other creative disciplines, aren't smart, or aren't perceptive, or aren't interested in politics, or aren't allies, or aren't capable of complex thought.

Aaaaaand if we are pointing out lil bizarro details, we aren't trolling or being unkind, we are literally trying to be supportive and helpful by doing our thing, and promoting weirdness and life and vibrancy and creativity after an f-ed up, utterly soul-destroying year....😂 siiiiigh

just for the record, the woman with the doctorate isn't being evaluated for her choice in clothing, she's being congratulated for her kindness, creativity and sensitivity //rant over

ETA: sorry i hope this didn't come across as snarky... just generic tiredness lmao... 

Edited by neona
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, neona said:

just for the record, the woman with the doctorate isn't being evaluated for her choice in clothing, she's being congratulated for her kindness, creativity and sensitivity //rant over

For the record, her choice of wardrobe was used to support whatever stupid, banal point Mika's ghostwriter was trying to make.   

• Love 5

Do we suspect Mika is proud of that C- paper?  If she submitted that to Ranger Rick or Highlights or Scholastic's Weekly Reader, they'd set it on fire and mail back the ashes.

The article is ostensibly about Mrs Trump and Dr Biden, but it's more about the 3rd party writing it and what a petty, unimaginative, overly simplistic, mean girl the author is.

Here is the note Mika emailed to (presumably) the child of one of her staffers:
"Need 150 words on:
- Melania bad
- Jill good
- 'Love' on a blazer
- optics
- show don't tell"

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

Lowcountry Snark...your above post is a thing of beauty.  You should ghost write Meeka's stuff.  Yes, stuff.

Edited by Kemper
Added last paragraph
  • LOL 2

Contrast Mika's piece with Pulitzer Prize winner Robin Givhan's profile in the Washington Post.

In the midst of all of that hope and wreckage, Biden is poised to transform the way in which the presidential spouse is perceived. She isn’t angling to be a partner in governing. She’s planning to be her own person, which for her includes continuing to pursue her career. It’s a simple but profound decision that strikes a blow for gender equity and barrier-breaking that resonates more intimately than the headlines that scream madame vice president.

Biden is on the cusp of gently forcing the culture to rethink its definition of a role that comes with countless expectations but no real duties other than to represent some murky, genteel notion of American womanhood. Even as women were leaping over hurdles in a vast array of forums — from business to politics — the first lady, with all that she is meant to represent and embody, remained essentially unchanged. No matter how professionally accomplished or independent a woman might have been before her husband took the presidential oath of office, she was expected to shed her previous identity and set about representing the softer side of the United States.

• Love 9

A pic of Joe talking (his eyes were not squinty!) and Mika made the top story on Mediate.  I didn’t read it but seemingly he was chastising Repubs for not giving Trump enough credit on the vaccine. I think that was it. The Twins must have a cozy relationship with Dan Abrams. MJ gets a good many mentions; I don’t remember any other MSNBC show/hosts getting as much coverage.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, wknt3 said:

Oh my God!  Morning Meeka!  You cannot be serious!  Morning Meeka!  Morning Meeka!  I'm conflicted...laugh or cry?  Is this a reward for all her hard work?  Hard Work.  Morning Meeka!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...as they say, I went away for awhile but now I'm back.  Will Meeka leave MJ? That would be the wonderful Upside.  Or will this be prepackaged interviews she does with members of her coven.  I cannot believe she is being "rewarded" with her own show after the complete incompetence and laziness she has shown in these last years with MJ.  Maybe this new show will be a once-a--week thing, or will run as specials.  I have to think that is maybe what Nicole Wallace might be doing.  

This week:  I had a fender bender, was informed by the police officer that I was driving with an expired license; and a car ran into my mailbox and destroyed it.  I thought I was having a bad week (all that actually happened on the same day).  But reading this story about Meeka...Santa has come early.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I cannot believe she is being "rewarded" with her own show after the complete incompetence and laziness she has shown in these last years with MJ. 

In the Peter Principle, Dr. Peter talks about the "lateral arabesque," a move that management makes to get an incompetent employee out of their position of misery by assigning them to a job with a longer title but fewer job responsibilities.  IOW, tucking them into a place where they can't do as much damage to the organization.  Who the hell watches a sub-subchannel of MSNBC?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

If this morning's rant was any indication, she is woefully unprepared to have her own platform. (I know, this is not a surprise.) There was no one to reel her in as she left any semblance of fair reporting in the dust.  Usually Joe or Jon interjects to bring the discussion back on track.

I agree with her opinion but she was just so biased that it was uncomfortable. She was doing exactly what she was railing against cable news for doing.

As I write this at 6:50 am she is trying to read the teleprompter and repeating some phrases she has already read.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Good grief, Meeka is terrible at her job.  Unprepared and interjecting her personal opinions in a shrill, annoying voice; nails on a chalkboard.

I saw a snippet of an interview that Elise (not sure, didn’t have glasses on) did with a British woman - a journalist, I think - about Jeffrey Epstein.  The woman said “uh, uh” so many times I had to turn it off.  From the little I saw the show is awful today.  Where is Joe?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, oakville said:

oe is happy that MSNBC gives him a platform.

Whoa. That's some self-love right there, with a good dose of pandering. (Was he even there today? I never caught him in my check-ins; maybe this writing assignment counts as credit for another 3 hour work day.)

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

Whoa. That's some self-love right there, with a good dose of pandering. (Was he even there today? I never caught him in my check-ins; maybe this writing assignment counts as credit for another 3 hour work day.)

He loves to interject himself into any discussion...whether verbal or written.  Good grief, his ego knows no bounds.  And MSNBC just keeps on feeding it.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

maybe this writing assignment counts as credit for another 3 hour work day

Not like he's busy writing something else; he hasn't had an essay on Washington Post since February, even though he's listed as one of their columnists. 

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

He loves to interject himself into any discussion...whether verbal or written.  Good grief, his ego knows no bounds.  And MSNBC just keeps on feeding it.

I am surprised that Joe didn't demand that MSNBC give Kasie Hunt the salary & better working hours that CNN offered her. Joe claims to be one of the most powerful cable hosts at the network.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

interjecting her personal opinions in a shrill, annoying voice; nails on a chalkboard.

Maybe he's working on I Married a Shrew...Regrets of a Workplace Hook-Up.

I have been wondering if that is the side of her that Joe sees the most often.

• Love 3

This cracked me up, especially the part about JoMika being in a free magazine in the Hamptons.  That seems like the kind of thing they would do.  Joe looks creepy with this "sexy" expression. GROSS.   Keep it to yourself Joe and Mika.  I know that Greg Kelly is a tool, but his Twitter feed makes me laugh.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Why would a right wing propagandist go after Mika and Joe?  How do they become a blip on anyone's radar?

Maybe Joe isn’t a legend in his own mind after all.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

Joe looks creepy with this "sexy" expression. GROSS. 

Wow, that's for sure. Didn't they learn anything from the infamous "legs up" photo...with him looking so smug and lecherous? Just ewww. They're so desperate for attention that they posed for the "Thrifty Nickel" or whatever used car and garage sale flier is distributed in the Hamptons??? And why there? Are they moving on from the Maine compound? They just can't stop themselves. (On a shallow note, Mika really needs a make-up make-over...a little color on her lips and cheeks and a lighter foundation shade would make her look fresher and softer.)

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Forget the other guy, WTF is up with those pants Kelly is wearing?

This!  I just went down a rabbit hole, first because I have no idea who that guy is.  And second - those pants!!!

The rabbit hole was quite amusing. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Forget the other guy, WTF is up with those pants Kelly is wearing?

23 hours ago, ebk57 said:

This!  I just went down a rabbit hole, first because I have no idea who that guy is.  And second - those pants!!!

The rabbit hole was quite amusing. 

If you google "balmain greg kelly" it's a whole journey. First they were knockoffs (bc someone felt this was a design that needed to be replicated?) then they were expensive designer PANTS, then they were knockoffs again.

Kelly seemed kind of amiable with Rosanna Scotto on Good Day. Then there were accusations, then he seemed kind of off, now he's thumbs upping in the PBC. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, chick binewski said:

First they were knockoffs (bc someone felt this was a design that needed to be replicated?) then they were expensive designer PANTS, then they were knockoffs again.

Always amazed at how much money people will gleefully spend to look that bad.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/23/2021 at 6:44 PM, plumbago blues said:

They're so desperate for attention that they posed for the "Thrifty Nickel" or whatever used car and garage sale flier is distributed in the Hamptons??? And why there? Are they moving on from the Maine compound? They just can't stop themselves.

Joe did say this spring that he would be willing to spend a few weeks at the Hamptons this summer if he could rent a home on the water at a sharply discounted rate. Joe does not like to pay the current market rates for rentals.

Joe is used to getting free accomodations at Mar A Largo.

It is surprising that Donny Deutsch didn`t let Mika & Joe stay at his home in the Hamptons for free.

• LOL 2
On 7/23/2021 at 7:31 AM, nittany cougar said:

This cracked me up, especially the part about JoMika being in a free magazine in the Hamptons.  That seems like the kind of thing they would do.  Joe looks creepy with this "sexy" expression. GROSS.   Keep it to yourself Joe and Mika.  I know that Greg Kelly is a tool, but his Twitter feed makes me laugh.  

Yikes! Joe looks like a real creeper in this photo...ewww...

• LOL 1
  • Love 2