Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, teddysmom said:
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Is she cutting her hair every day? It looks shorter and more severe every morning. 

That's the slo-mo breakdown happening before our very eyes.

10 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika could host a segment with guests & ask them "What is in your pill organizer ? "

Ha! Too funny! Maybe she can sneak a few that will help settle her down.

• Love 2

This was reposted this morning at 5:29 am, it's a repeat from Sept 24.  Instead of getting ready for her show, she is reposting her online Pity Party.   Maybe instead of whining non stop, we should count our blessings?  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

his was reposted this morning at 5:29 am, it's a repeat from Sept 24.  Instead of getting ready for her show, she is reposting her online Pity Party.   Maybe instead of whining non stop, we should count our blessings?  

OMG. Again with the pets. Guess Joe doesn't offer much emotional support, which in my mind is one of the cornerstones of marriage.

Why not stop all this self pitying and do something for those who are ACTUALLY AFFECTED by the pandemic? She could give up some of her obviously free time by bringing a bit of joy or assistance to others at say a food bank or donation station...helping others, IMO, works better than floor rolling and deep breathing as a self care modality. But, then, that works best when you don't brag about it so she wouldn't be interested.

• LOL 1
31 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Why not stop all this self pitying and do something for those who are ACTUALLY AFFECTED by the pandemic? She could give up some of her obviously free time by bringing a bit of joy or assistance to others at say a food bank or donation station...helping others, IMO, works better than floor rolling and deep breathing as a self care modality. But, then, that works best when you don't brag about it so she wouldn't be interested.

I think Oakville pointed out on episodes thread that Joe has a lot to do wrangling the neighbors who have the Covid and are wandering around the 'hood like zombies high off their asses on Dexamethasone. 

Mika could help with that, or maybe bake cookies and her cakes that look like they were decorated by a blind person and deliver them to the steroid zombies once he gets them back in their houses. 

• LOL 7
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Celebrating Kamala Harris' birthday by promoting her shaminar.   Couldn't just wish her a happy birthday, could you Meeks?  Because if it's not about you, it didn't happen. 

What a delusional fame whore Mika is. If she feels the need to "celebrate" Kamala's birthday, how about mentioning her most substantial and meaningful moment: being chosen as a veep candidate? Indeed, has she ever revisited Kamala's rise up through the political system? She's stuck on her big "get" for her silly project but there's a hell of a lot more Mika could do to promote the senator's success and value.

• Love 4

Joe says eh and uh entirely too often considering that he makes his living by speaking in public. What a pie face. His face looks like a big ol' pie crust with the two teeniest, tiniest raisins in the box used for eyes. He has no lips, none. Ugh. He used to wear glasses with a magnification that made it look like he actually has eyeballs. Those were the days, my friends. 

Did Madame Speaker call Mika "Micka" during her first few sentences and "Mike-a" a couple paragraphs later? Uh oh. She got just a thank you at the end of the conversation, without a Sooo Much. The final guest got a Verrry Much. 

I hate myself for watching this morning, even though they actually worked the third hour to accommodate Madame Speaker's schedule (?) and they goaded T into tweeting by repeatedly saying that his phone had been confiscated. This concludes my take from the shallow end of the pool. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Meeks is gonna break her Caps Lock key.  She must be off her game, she didn't claim Kristen Knows Her Value.  She mentions Kristen didn't make the debate about herself.  Yeah, she's not running for President,Mika. Did you expect her to ask herself a question?   I guess Mika is so used to making everything about herself she expect everyone else to do it, too. 

• Love 2

When I saw that tweet all I could think of was how rich it was that Mush Mouth Mika is giving praise to a professional who is doing what she is being paid to do and what she was actually hired to do...like Mika was so proud of her student or mentee. Ha. Mika can't even read the teleprompter correctly, let alone moderate a debate. All that tweet is is a suck up to get Kristin into the KYV stable.

• Love 3

Weeeeell Kristen *could* have made herself the story when Trump said that thing about being the least racist person in the room...because, well, you know - Trump's twitter attacks against HER were pretty racist and sexist, and she could have justifiably pointed this out ... but she didn't, she kept her cool. 

IMO Kristen was badass, and focused, and exactly the right person to do this job.  Tbh I'm glad her colleagues are supporting her, Morning Joe shenanigans aside

Edited by neona
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

When I saw that tweet all I could think of was how rich it was that Mush Mouth Mika is giving praise to a professional who is doing what she is being paid to do and what she was actually hired to do...like Mika was so proud of her student or mentee. Ha. Mika can't even read the teleprompter correctly, let alone moderate a debate. All that tweet is is a suck up to get Kristin into the KYV stable.

I think it will be a top priority for MSNBC after the election to ensure that VP elect Kamala Harris & Kristen Welker officially endorse Mika 's KYV seminars as the key to their success. This would cheer up Mika & prevent her from yelling at viewers like she did today.

At the very least, I expect Senator Harris to give a shout out  on election night to Mika for her decade long struggle to make sure women are represented as debate moderators & Vice Presidents.

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe's opinions on accepting election results have changed over the past 4 years.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2020/10/24/flashback-time-morning-joe-mocked-liberals-whining-about

Thanks for that, Oakville. Interesting for sure. But, jeeze, hard to read; what a redundant gas-bag Joe is. He sounds ridiculous when you hear the audio but reading the transcripts, oi! That repetition of throw away lines just gets on my last nerve. Hard to take him seriously. 

• Love 4
On 10/24/2020 at 3:42 PM, oakville said:

Joe's opinions on accepting election results have changed over the past 4 years.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2020/10/24/flashback-time-morning-joe-mocked-liberals-whining-about

I laugh at the descriptions of Joe and Mika in the newsbusters headlines. Just in the last week they have included: ‘Vile Scarborough’, ‘Miserable Scarborough’,  ‘Enraged Scarborough’, and ‘Sad Mika’, 

• Love 4

Friend of the Show Peggy Noonan got her ass handed to her yesterday.   I'm assuming JoMika didn't bring this up today? 

Nicole and Claire went OFF on her re her comments about Kamala Harris.  

I don't know why Nicole says she looks at Noonan as a role model.  She wrote a couple good speeches 30 years ago, she's been living in the past since Reagan left office.  She is an old biddy who should be put out to pasture. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4

Mika's Instagram today validates our suspicions about "show prep": She was filming her cat in a drawer in her bedroom and Joe looking all in love with himself at his bathroom sink...5 minutes before show time...after having already been out for his iced coffee, which is apparently not in Mika's repertoire of kitchen recipes. Didn't they try to go all "green" awhile back? A plastic cup and straw for take-away to their home studio is a little much. If she had on a black top today we have proof that she does film in her jammies...she managed to get a clip of herself in the mirror. 

• Love 3
On 10/26/2020 at 6:56 PM, cased said:

I laugh at the descriptions of Joe and Mika in the newsbusters headlines. Just in the last week they have included: ‘Vile Scarborough’, ‘Miserable Scarborough’,  ‘Enraged Scarborough’, and ‘Sad Mika’, 

Update from today: sick Scarborough 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Today on Instagram: It's Workout Mika! Leading her mother on hand weights and a Peloton bike! I had to laugh when she wrote that she doesn't usually post work out videos because she thinks they're creepy...not sure how this one slipped in.

Today on "Lifestyles of the Rich & Douchey":  Dumbbell almost gets hit with dumbbell.  I don't know Mika, when Bebop is swinging those things around you might want to get out of the way. 

Does Mika really think these pictures are of any interest to her tens of fans? 

• LOL 3
10 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Today on "Lifestyles of the Rich & Douchey":  Dumbbell almost gets hit with dumbbell.  I don't know Mika, when Bebop is swinging those things around you might want to get out of the way. 

Does Mika really think these pictures are of any interest to her tens of fans? 

Ha.  Well we don't want Bebes to get fat because it would make Mika look bad. This sounds like more of a self-congratulatory thing for Mika than a benefit for Bebes.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, nittany cougar said:

Ha.  Well we don't want Bebes to get fat because it would make Mika look bad. This sounds like more of a self-congratulatory thing for Mika than a benefit for Bebes.

LOL whaaa...? She said her mom has Parkinsons..!  So keeping up her flexibility, grip, coordination, balance, etc is ESSENTIAL to her well-being.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, neona said:

She said her mom has Parkinsons..!  

She does appear to have the Parkinson's mask. As much as Mika irritates me, I have great sympathy for what lies ahead. Falling (and not recovering from fall injuries) and acquiring pneumonia after a fall are her mom's greatest risks. My dad had Parkinson's Disease for 12 years and lived with me for the last 2 years of his life. He fell and fractured his hip and shoulder 72 hours before he died. PD is not genetic but often clusters in families; I am aware of it in 3 successive generations so far, here and in Finland. 

Frozen faces: 15 icy images that show what it’s like to lose control of your expressions

What if you suddenly couldn’t smile? Or frown? Facial ‘masking’ is one of the common symptoms of Parkinson’s and – as photographer Chris Crossley shows in his stunning ‘Concrete’ images – losing this essential form of human communication is no laughing matter.

Explain the concept behind your ‘Concrete’ project. Why did you decide to do it?

[After being diagnosed with PD] Since I picked up the camera again, I would occasionally ask my subject if they wouldn’t mind placing their face in water and looking at the camera. I just liked the effect. 

The photos are incredibly stark representations – how did you get the reactions out of your subjects for each emotion?

I told each model to choose their emotion beforehand without telling me. I then directed them to place their faces with their eyes open into water and look up portraying that emotion. The emotion would then be real, not staged. The models only told me which emotion they were trying to convey after the photo shoot. No more than eight shots were taken during the shoot because I could actually see the change from no control to full control show on their faces.

Parkinson’s makes us stare and show less emotion on our faces than we would normally. None of the subjects had Parkinson’s. The aim was to give the ‘normal’ person I was photographing the small feeling of what the loss of control was like, even for a couple of seconds, and for me to capture it.

The water acts as a distraction. Try opening your eyes with a face full of water and express an emotion like happiness, for example – it is very hard. Without the distraction of the water they would have greater control of their faces and I wanted to take that away. With Parkinson’s we sometimes show what we are feeling and at other times we give our faces no clues at all.

https://parkinsonslife.eu/frozen-faces-15-icy-images-that-show-what-its-like-to-lose-control-of-your-expressions/

• Love 5

This video popped up in my You Tube page.  Willie interviewed Bill Hader and Keith Morrison ( of Dateline NBC) showed up. Willie is very cute and seems to be a fan of both Keith and Bill. I wish Bill Hader would do an impression of Joe.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 1

Sorry to hear about your dad, Suomi. I see your point, I should have put two and two together. I still think the mom seems pretty acerbic and funny though. I'm glad she seems to be doing relatively well

• Love 2
On 10/26/2020 at 9:56 PM, cased said:

Joe should charge Newsbusters a royalty for all the articles they write about him.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2020/10/29/middle-east-peace-hello-scarborough-says-kushner-ill-equipped

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2020/10/29/middle-east-peace-hello-scarborough-says-kushner-ill-equipped

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, oakville said:

I don’t read the articles, just the headlines. Today’s headline was ‘scary Scarborough’

• Love 4
On 10/30/2020 at 2:14 AM, cased said:

I don’t read the articles, just the headlines. Today’s headline was ‘scary Scarborough’

Some words I NEVER want to read/hear again in political headlines, after the Trump Era:

trash, smash, bash, hit, smack, pound, throw, wreck, destroy, smack down, slap down, crack down, shut down, throw down, OWN

It's like, are we living in a fucking cartoon???

USE REAL WORDS, YOU MORONS

//rant over

//is it over yet???

//my nerves are fine, WHY DO YOU ASK

eta: just to clarify, the writers of news headlines are the morons, not you guys !!

Edited by neona
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I watched about 20 seconds. It turns the "this is idiotic" meter up to 11. 

Me, too. Again with the timing. Hasn't EVERYONE seen the Zoom tips and and jokes about bad behavior during calls by now?*  It was a thing back in oh, April, but here we are in November and she and her mini just now dreamed up this unfunny useless skit? Cutting edge, kids. I would think even her Cosmo followers would find this dated and stupid. And add acting to the list of things Mika is not good at.

*Except maybe Jeffrey Toobin.

Edited by plumbago blues
Clarification
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

And acting to the list of things Mika is not good at.

I thought the same thing re her acting ability.  

I do not understand why she feels the need to do this shit. She has a show she gets paid very well to fuck up. Why pile on the reasons people think you're an idiot, Mika? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

The Twins are pushing The Peacock network/streaming thing pretty hard.  I guess NBC is going for younger people with this site; I stream a few things but my family (the younger ones) does not have Dish or cable.  They stream everything.  I guess Peacock wanted Star Power! for their first-time election coverage.  And you cannot get much more Star Power! than The Twins.  In their own minds.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I guess NBC is going for younger people with this site; I stream a few things but my family (the younger ones) does not have Dish or cable.  They stream everything.  I guess Peacock wanted Star Power! for their first-time election coverage.  And you cannot get much more Star Power! than The Twins.  In their own minds.

Except you can stream MSNBC live from the website. I tried to watch Peacock news live but the people on in the morning are pretty blah. Bless their hearts.

My BF Joshua is going to be on so I may tune in for a minute. 

• Love 1

I post this in case anyone is interested.  I'm not sure how I feel about the parks having to pay them, although the land is now parkland, so that's good.  I don't begrudge them the money, so I'm not sure why it bothers me, but it does.  A little. 

https://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2020/11/brzezinski-family-acreage-purchased-for-fairfax-county-park/?utm_campaign=WTOP Morning Newsletter A&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_term=AB Blasttest A

• Love 4

The Washington Post has an article about how CNN and MSNBC might fare during a Biden presidency. Joe isn't mentioned by name, but I really wonder if this is a reference to him.

“I think they’re going to feel very lost, because they are largely addicted to [Trump] at this point and that sense of chaos,” said Ariana Pekary, who left MSNBC in July after a nearly seven-year career that included serving as a producer for Lawrence O’Donnell’s evening show.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, xaxat said:

I think they’re going to feel very lost, because they are largely addicted to [Trump] at this point and that sense of chaos,” said Ariana Pekary, who left MSNBC in July after a nearly seven-year career that included serving as a producer for Lawrence O’Donnell’s evening show.

They'll have to cover more straight news, legislative stuff, etc.

The only channel who will keep ratings is Fox, because they'll be loaded for bear in going after Biden. 

• Love 5

I wouldn't be surprised if Joe and the Mrs. voted Trump, despite their nonstop anti Trump rhetoric over the last 3.5 years,  just as a way to safeguard their jobs. (Though I think Joe would have voted GOP anyway...I think this whole outrage over DJT is a charade and is done just to please his bosses.) Unless, of course, a Biden administration offers them a job as Co-Communication Directors. Imagine Mika leading a press briefing! What fun we'd have!

They'll have to cover more straight news, legislative stuff, etc.

That's what Cesar said he wanted. That would definitely mean the Scarbro's would be out. He can't stick to a script and she can't read one. Hard news, to me, doesn't fit with the sit around the table and spontaneously blurt out opinions and chatter. IMHO. 

• Love 4
On 11/3/2020 at 1:58 PM, ebk57 said:

I post this in case anyone is interested.  I'm not sure how I feel about the parks having to pay them, although the land is now parkland, so that's good.  I don't begrudge them the money, so I'm not sure why it bothers me, but it does.  A little. 

They could have donated it to the Park Dept and taken the value of the land as a charitable write off. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, teddysmom said:

They could have donated it to the Park Dept and taken the value of the land as a charitable write off. 

I assumed that this is what they did until I saw the sale price. Guess the Brz kids have grown accustomed to that cushy lifestyle. 

• LOL 1
6 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

I assumed that this is what they did until I saw the sale price. Guess the Brz kids have grown accustomed to that cushy lifestyle. 

Mika could buy a lifetime supply of sheetcake from Publix with her share of the proceeds.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika could buy a lifetime supply of sheetcake from Publix with her share of the proceeds.

Or bankroll that bullshit KYV thing. I can't believe that NBC has the extra money, especially during these times, to continue to shell out for salaries and web space. She sure isn't making any money from the shaminars. Though, honestly, I doubt she would give up any of her own money for anything but her personal use, like the cake, wine, sunglasses, and robes.

• Love 5

There has been discussion that maybe CNN and MSNBC may shuffle and rework programming, hosts and shows since the election is over.  So here is an idea for The Twins going forward.

Joe loves to hear himself pontificate... and Meeka loves him for it.  So why not turn themselves into the next Joel Osteen and spouse.  It would be perfect. First, work one day a week.  Be innovative and preach from your home office.  No worries about having to be up at 5:00 am every weekday.  No network honchos to answer to.  We would all win.

• LOL 3