Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Kasey Hunt wore glasses today?  Did I read that correctly?  Since Meeka has "the bun" and will probably look more and more sleekly professional from now on (I kid)...maybe they thought Kasey should look more book-ish.  Kasey is really really attractive; but I don't care for her anymore.

She's worn a different pair before  but there must have been an edict issued at 30 Rock that all women must wear identical glasses. Or they're sharing one pair. 

• Love 3

Is it the striped top or does she look heavier?  Maybe she has been working out...the arms.  Perhaps she is going for a strapl  ess/sleeveless wedding dress.  And Joe looks SO preppy.  Bless his heart.  Shallow this morning.  But they both look relaxed and happy.

• Love 1

I think it's a combination of a phone camera seeing her differently than a TV camera, the pose and angle being much different than how we usually see her, and her dark clothing against the dark chair making her outline difficult to distinguish (although following the stripes helps). And the new Ds. Or DDs. Because on the show, each of those girls is much, much wider than before. The stark white chyron sits directly under her bust line and highlights it, especially against the new dark and somber wardrobe. The monitor that showed up a few weeks ago, low and just to her right, where she checks her image makes sense now. Mika Kardashian, LOL. Compare Mika/chyron and guests/chyron. I guess I won't be seeing my favorite eggplant sheath dress with raspberry cardigan anymore. She looked awesome in her jewel tone outfits but the girls don't fit in those now. Never seen a photo of Joey's dad but he looks a lot like his mom. They have a similar expression, and the eyes maybe? I wonder if he wore his glasses so she could more easily recognize him, given her dementia? If so, what a good son he is. He looks fairly lean/rangy. 

(End of Captain Shallow's report. Meow). 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, stormy said:

I don't even get this.  I guess it's just another attempt by Joe to try to undo everything he and said and did on TV in 2016.  It's not working.  

Hoo boy. Understatement. What are they up to now? Always with the ploys and maneuvers ...

• Love 1

October 10, 2013

The two sure kept their split quiet, though - court records in Connecticut, where they had a home together, indicate the former congressman originally filed papers in September of last year [2012], and the matter was all wrapped up by January [2013].

Update, 5:50 p.m.: Through his reps at MSNBC, a statement from the Scarboroughs. “We ask for privacy at this time for the sake of our young children. Joe has always been a devoted and committed husband and father and Susan has been a wonderful mother and trusted wife. We are still close friends and will always be family as our focus remains on our young children. This was a difficult decision but after much prayer and counseling, we concluded it was the right one for our family.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/reliable-source/wp/2013/10/10/joe-scarborough-and-wife-susan-quietly-divorce/?utm_term=.d66571e89a80

October 11, 2013

MSNBC's "Morning Joe" host Joe Scarborough earns $99,038 PER WEEK from his show - this according to divorce docs obtained by TMZ. According to the docs, Joe will fork over $30,000 per month for 5 years, then $25,000 per month for 2 years. Joe also gave her a lump sum of $150k, and he's paying the mortgage on their Connecticut home, and for the kids' schooling. 

Couple of interesting clauses in the divorce papers -- Susan "acknowledges" Joe was faithful, devoted, and committed." A sentence perhaps intended to quiet allegations Joe was cheating.

Also, when Joe and Susan are both in the Connecticut home there are some house rules: Neither can enter the other's bedroom, barring a kid related emergency ... and after 7 PM they're each banned from the other's side of the house.*

*Refer to yesterday's statement that they are "still close friends."

http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/11/joe-scarborough-divorce-settlement-salary-morning-joe-msnbc/

Sep. 25, 2015

“We’re having such a good time right now, why not just keep doing it?” Scarborough said. MSNBC has its co-anchors under contract through 2018.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/joe-scarborough-on-why-hes-the-happiest-ive-ever-been-at-msnbc/272812

June 29, 2016

Brzezinski, 49, and her ex-husband, WABC Eyewitness News investigative reporter James Hoffer, who married in 1993, have undergone an under-the-radar divorce, which was recently settled, we’re told. They have two teenage daughters.

An MSNBC spokesperson confirmed to Page Six, “Mika’s divorce was finalized in the past year. She’s really grateful that it was done amicably and in private. This has, of course, been a painful time for her family. So right now she is focused on her two teenage daughters, and on continuing to heal.” The spokesperson declined to comment on the status of her relationship with Scarborough.

https://pagesix.com/2016/06/29/mikas-hush-hush-divorce-fuels-joe-romance-chatter/

He agreed in January 2013 to pay Susan 30K monthly for 5 years ---> January 2018. Then 20K monthly for 2 years ---> January 2020. So in about 14 more months he can "afford" to marry Mika. LOL

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, millennium said:

What is Joe Scarborough thankful for this Thanksgiving?

Hillary Clinton.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/joe-scarborough-gives-his-holiday-thanks-to-hillary-clinton-she-deserves-better/

Did he get hit on the head and forget his show the other day when the bitched about her emails again, in connection with Ivanka’s?  Or last week when they rehashed Lewinsky and just about expected Hillary apologize to her husband’s mistress?  Does he think we don’t remember they had nothing nice or polite to say about Hillary the last few years?  He wants to rewrite his own history in print while continuing to bash Hillary non-stop on the show.

• Love 2
On 11/19/2018 at 6:18 AM, suomi said:

Mika's new wardrobe? Because her chest outgrew everything she had in her closet. Is it the midlife crisis equivalent of a push gift? What a hoot it's been, watching these two doing makeovers on each other. 

True!. I remember when Joe used to wear fleece tops on the set every day!. Now he dresses up in a suit from the Florida bunker.

• Love 2

Maybe not president, but he will run for office. They wanted secrecy and privacy but invited Emily Jane Fox. And she didn't change her (professional) name during her marriage to Jim Hoffer and they had two children together. Hmmph.

I realized I had left without asking her the most important question: Was she changing her name, I texted her after everyone had gone home?

"Yup," she replied.

In the age of Trump, news anchors are a new sort of rock star and cable news is must-see TV. It is a world that the Scarboroughs not only sit atop, but they also helped create over the last several years. On this night, as they held hands and watched their children together around the tables and toasted their new life together, none of that mattered or was even mentioned, despite the obvious symbolism they’d arranged to punctuate the event.

Edited by suomi
janky quote box
  • Love 4

Lol. I’m trying not to be snarky because I like weddings and Mika looked gorgeous. Her dress, it’s really nice. 

But. I can’t help myself. Some of this. Oy vey. 

Do they really think they’re important enough for all that secrecy? Come on. Lol. 

Do they really think they’re the vanguards of American politics, political journalism, and American democracy to the point they got married in front of the Constitution? Lol... I can’t. This would be too outlandish a plot line even for the last season of House of Cards.

And I agree sumoi, he is running for something. 

Also, Mika had her two best friends there? I remember their names. One is the woman who does everything for her. The other is her former nanny and current housekeeper. Do all of Mika’s friends work for her? 

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, suomi said:

but he will run for office.

I found this gem of a recent article just now on Twitter. I already agreed with Suomi on this (and I’d heard the rumor around Midtown back this summer when he first moved them to FL, so it’s out there), but this article really is something. As soon as I read it I was like “Yup” all over again. Keep in mind, this is an article about Mika, but she really makes it about Joe. She plays the political wife role so well:

Joe’s voice in the midst of this presidency, I think, is the most sound, most accurate, most competent decider of what’s really going on that we have, bar none, in television, online or in print today. I think that America needs to hear his voice every morning and he has risen up to that challenge.

For good measure, this gem:

I thought Hillary Clinton was the only candidate who could lose to Donald Trump — and I thought it from day one. The minute I saw the Saturday Night Live episode with Kate McKinnon and Hillary Clinton laughing hysterically at the end of the sketch at the prospect of Trump winning the Republican nomination, I thought to myself, “Oh my God, we just jumped the shark. Nobody understands just how badly this is going to go. She’s the wrong candidate for Donald Trump.” She canceled him out, whether it’s fair or not. She canceled Trump out on his weaknesses. Their honesty and trustworthy numbers were pretty similar — that’s a bad candidate. That has nothing to do with her being a woman.

http://n-magazine.com/morning-mika/

• Love 3
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Maybe not president, but he will run for office. They wanted secrecy and privacy but invited Emily Jane Fox. And she didn't change her (professional) name during her marriage to Jim Hoffer and they had two children together. Hmmph.

Good job suomi at getting this info. I am impressed that  Mika & Joe were able to book the National Archives for a wedding. Mika Scarborough? I don't get that. I would love to see Joe run for office again. It would be hilarious.

• Love 2

I am happy for them because they seem happy. I wish them well.  I just cannot get past the arrogance and entitlement that suffuses every sentence of that story. It’s insufferable. Good grief, how important they are in their own minds!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

I found this gem of a recent article just now on Twitter. I already agreed with Suomi on this (and I’d heard the rumor around Midtown back this summer when he first moved them to FL, so it’s out there), but this article really is something. As soon as I read it I was like “Yup” all over again. Keep in mind, this is an article about Mika, but she really makes it about Joe. She plays the political wife role so well:

For good measure, this gem:

http://n-magazine.com/morning-mika/

Yikes!

12 minutes ago, may flowers said:

I am happy for them because they seem happy. I wish them well.  I just cannot get past the arrogance and entitlement that suffuses every sentence of that story. It’s insufferable. Good grief, how important they are in their own minds!

On a personal level I wish them well. However, any attempt by Joe to run for political office will end in disaster. He can't run as a GOP candidate. He can't run for the Democrats. Florida just elected a Senator. No openings in Florida till 2022. I suppose he could be a city councillor but even that is a stretch.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Good job suomi at getting this info. I am impressed that  Mika & Joe were able to book the National Archives for a wedding. Mika Scarborough? I don't get that. I would love to see Joe run for office again. It would be hilarious.

Hey thanks, oakville, but it was Woodman who tendered the wedding morsel. But I do like how my timeline about paying off Susan tied in with Woodman's scoop and the Nantucket article from XOQueens. Viewed from a distance it's clear that there's a slow, slow train comin' and that everybody's gonna have to serve somebody.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, millennium said:

I wish them all the happiness they brought their former spouses.

Can you imagine the horror on their faces if someone had the testicular heft to say that to them?

• Love 1

My favorite line from the article:

their romance has been handled with militant discretion.

Yes all unannounced romances are mocked by SNL skits.  Twice.

I see the whitewashing has begun, welcome to Scarborough 2020 for (fill in the blank).

eta:  Looks like Dan Abrams is miffed he didn't get invited, their wedding announcement is buried below the fold:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/mika-brzezinski-and-joe-scarborough-tie-the-knot-in-hush-hush-dc-ceremony/

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 6

I guess for me is how does one stand there on stage at your KYV extravaganza in SFO with the now hubs next to you and keep a straight face about how to get ahead at a job?   The images I have flashing in my mind this morning keep making me laugh and laugh . . . good luck on your giggle-fest next week Mrs. Scarborough.  The only question I have left is will they keep the show, will they stay in FL (to establish residency) and if so will they finally ditch that ridiculous separate bunkers BS.  Maybe they could broadcast from the linai . . . 

1 hour ago, Eliot said:

Wow, so Barnicle went but Willie declined due to an “early morning schedule” and Donnie says he wasn’t invited.

Interesting..

Yeah I thought Donny kinda had his grump on when he said that and I would expect them to invite the Barnicles as his wife is loaded and politically connected.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Eliot said:

Wow, so Barnicle went but Willie declined due to an “early morning schedule” and Donnie says he wasn’t invited.

Interesting..

I’ve been wondering if there’s tension between them hidden away in their bunkers and Willie, who has to show up on set every day (and probably do the bulk of the work since they aren’t in office). I’ve heard he’s leaving the show in early 2019, I guess that’s only a few months from now. We’ll see.

eta: he = Willie

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 3

The level of ego these two display, thinking they're so important that their wedding has to be kept secret, and has to be held at the National Archives because it represents "the work they do" is nauseating.  "we wanted to be surrounded by the Constitution", yeah maybe you could read a little of it and then have an idea of what you're talking about for once. 

And for Emily to write that they are rock stars of cable news is just beyond the pale.  They can't even win their time slot.   What awards have they won?  When are they ever mentioned as breaking important stories?  Doing anything but sitting on their asses in the basement of their home and reading news headlines and issuing idiotic opinions? 

Rock stars? Yeah. They're the Milli Vanilli of politics. 

The few minutes I saw this morning was so much better being helmed by Willie.  Until Barnicle & Donnie started in on their "old white guys tell women to shut up" bullshit. 

4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

their romance has been handled with militant discretion.

Yeah except 90% of their audience knew they were having an affair for years.  I hope to God our military can keep secrets better than these two. 

9 hours ago, suomi said:

Mika & Joe were able to book the National Archives for a wedding

It's not THAT big a deal, as they are implying. I was reading another forum last night and someone mentioned they had worked for a PR firm and had clients who held dinners, fund raisers etc there. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, may flowers said:

I am happy for them because they seem happy. I wish them well.  I just cannot get past the arrogance and entitlement that suffuses every sentence of that story. It’s insufferable. Good

13 hours ago, Nidratime said:

Best wishes.

I'm hoping for a long honeymoon so Willie or any other less self-absorbed human being can host the show for the rest of the year.

grief, how important they are in their own minds!

I will start with Nice.  I loved her dress; she looked relaxed and happy.  It looked like a really lovely wedding.

Now.  I know I sound petty and small but I am really pissed that they got to rent out a gorgeous, historical building...wonder how many people who actually love the history would have the connections to do that.  Or money.  Or entitlement. A pox.  And Sweet Jesus they are legends in their own (and Emily Jane Foxes minds).  Could she (Emily Jane) have been any more fawning? After this, her boss should relegate her reporting to the society pages...if they still have those.  Since I come from people who cannot rent or use a legendary building, I have no idea.  The wedding site actually makes me bitter; like another comment (thought I quoted it but it didn't quote) I wondered about the romaine lettuce.

Are we the only ones who think these two are posers?  Is that the correct term?  Is it a passe' term?  And.  Toots, we all know why you will probably start using your married name and didn't use your married name for your first marriage.  Because back then, your father was alive and his name carried weight and gravitas.  He is no longer with us, younger people might not know who he was and how he enhanced your value; so you are going with the new name.  It is part of the Gold Dust Twins package.  You are a team!  A power couple!  Movers and shakers!

God, I love this news for the snark value but I cannot stand them.  While I wish them well, is it wrong that I hope that they sort of crash and burn when/if (please God) they leave the show.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

It's not THAT big a deal, as they are implying. I was reading another forum last night and someone mentioned they had worked for a PR firm and had clients who held dinners, fund raisers etc there. 

Milli Vanilli. Ouch!

I hear ya, but it IS the first wedding there (according to the VF article). {{{sigh}}}

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

And for Emily to write that they are rock stars of cable news is just beyond the pale.  They can't even win their time slot.   What awards have they won?  When are they ever mentioned as breaking important stories?  Doing anything but sitting on their asses in the basement of their home and reading news headlines and issuing idiotic opinions? 

I was thinking, if they're "rock stars of cable news," how come they can't get anyone even remotely interesting to come on the show as a guest?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, millennium said:

I was thinking, if they're "rock stars of cable news," how come they can't get anyone even remotely interesting to come on the show as a guest?

They used to have good guests up until 2015. Then it became the Trump show.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Toots, we all know why you will probably start using your married name and didn't use your married name for your first marriage.  Because back then, your father was alive and his name carried weight and gravitas.  He is no longer with us, younger people might not know who he was and how he enhanced your value; so you are going with the new name.  It is part of the Gold Dust Twins package.  You are a team!  A power couple!  Movers and shakers!

THIS!!!!!!!!

• Love 5