Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I think she was trying to look "casual sexy" for Biden.

Which begs the question: Why are you trying to look sexy for a former Senator/Vice President, current candidate for President? 

You want to be taken seriously and you dress like you're going to happy hour after a day of shopping.  Mika needs role models that aren't her interns. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Whoa.  I just watched the clip - or the beginning anyway - and she's not wearing a blazer.  That's her long cardigan.  It has thumb holes.
She is wearing Keds, frayed jeans, a cami/tank, and a sit-around-the-house sweater.

This is all I've been thinking about today.  Her outfit is inexplicable. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Whoa.  I just watched the clip - or the beginning anyway - and she's not wearing a blazer.  That's her long cardigan.  It has thumb holes.
She is wearing Keds, frayed jeans, a cami/tank, and a sit-around-the-house sweater.

This is all I've been thinking about today.  Her outfit is inexplicable. 

Remember, she recently said she wasn't going to dress up any more, that she knows her value and apparently that means "I'll dress however the fuck I like whether I'm on a national cable network show or interviewing the former VPOTUS. 

• Love 3

I thought Mika looked ridiculous in that interview. I know she doesn't want to get dressed up anymore, but there's a huge difference, IMO, in sitting around in her jammie bottoms "on set" and in interviewing a former VP. He was able to look appropriate for the job he's after while she looked like she was sitting at the Girl Scout cookie table outside Walmart. It was disrespectful to him and to the hosting school. One could argue if she really had interviewing/critical thinking chops she could get away with looking like a shlub. Sadly, I find her lacking in both and thus the lack of professional garb made her look unprepared and unprofessional. (Imagine Andrea M. in such a situation.) BTW, those cardigans she wears remind me something from the Blair catalog, circa  1978. So dated. I found it amusing that Joe couldn't introduce this "big get" without reading the teleprompter; couldn't muster any genuine enthusiasm. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I was watching this morning while I went through my usual routine and saw the beginning of the interview. Once I saw what she was wearing, I said out loud (to no one): "She's got to be kidding." I mean, that was just a disgrace. I could get behind that outfit if the interview were, like, some sort of surprise to her and that was all she had to wear—but she traveled to that interview and had to, you know, purposefully pack jeans and sneakers and had to have thought to herself that those clothes were somehow appropriate to have a conversation with a former vice president. 

I should really stick to the Cartoon Network in the morning. 

1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

I found it amusing that Joe couldn't introduce this "big get" without reading the teleprompter; couldn't muster any genuine enthusiasm. 

I was going to go here next.  He struggled with that teleprompter and introduced the interview with zero enthusiasm.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I could get behind that outfit if the interview were, like, some sort of surprise to her and that was all she had to wear—but she traveled to that interview and had to, you know, purposefully pack jeans and sneakers and had to have thought to herself that those clothes were somehow appropriate to have a conversation with a former vice president. 

Had to google/yewtoob to find it, but OMG.  Talk about what not to wear.  Cue Stacy and Clinton for a stat makeover.  How insulting to the VP and to the audience.  If I were the producer I would have sent someone to run get at least a blazer, and made sure there were no wide shots at all.  

3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Remember, she recently said she wasn't going to dress up any more, that she knows her value

She doesn't have to dress up.  Rachel Maddow wears the same boring black t-shirt and blazer every night and she looks sharp as hell.  I can only think that Mika's become so enamored of her KYV that she thinks her shit don't stink, and that she can behave anyway she wants because she's so special.  But if she's going to put herself out there in a professional setting as representative of professional women, then goddamnit, look like a professional woman.

8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Mika needs role models that aren't her interns. 

By her age (and she's younger than I am), she should be the role model.  If she hasn't learned adult behavior by now, probably she never will.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Remember, she recently said she wasn't going to dress up any more, that she knows her value and apparently that means "I'll dress however the fuck I like whether I'm on a national cable network show or interviewing the former VPOTUS. 

She should show some respect for her friend  VP Joe Biden. The late Dr Z would be furious if he

saw her dressed that way for an interview. Joe used to dress like a slob for several years with jeans & fleece. Mika finally convinced him to wear suits when they went public as a couple.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

I was going to go here next.  He struggled with that teleprompter and introduced the interview with zero enthusiasm.

I wonder if the teleprompter has a different location if they are in Maine or Martha's Vineyard?

3 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I should really stick to the Cartoon Network in the morning. 

Do it! Haven't been around for a while because I quit the show a couple of months ago. Primarily because I found it boring and entirely predictable. 

I feel much calmer and I'm pretty sure my blood pressure has gone down.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, oakville said:

She should show some respect for her friend  VP Joe Biden. The late Dr Z would be furious if he

saw her dressed that way for an interview. Joe used to dress like a slob for several years with jeans & fleece. Mika finally convinced him to wear suits when they went public as a couple.

I thought that she looked unprofessional.  I think of the “road warriors” who follow the various candidates on the campaign trail and every one of them looks more professional. 

Interesting to me that Mika has interviewed both Pelosi and Biden and neither interview made news. That would seem to be a major fail for a news anchor, no?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, oakville said:

Exactly.  If a 20 something dressed like that for an interview with a former VP they would tear the hide off of them and lecture them about their lack of respect.  I honestly don't know what she was thinking.

• Love 3

Mika said the theme of KYV this week is body confidence & to accept yourself as you are without procedures

I just checked out the article it's an interview with Yasmin, regarding what she's dealt with as a female reporter.  

The amount of plastic surgery and procedures Mika has had was not addressed, just that she only wears clothes she feels comfortable in. 

Has anyone pointed out to Einstein that she can wear comfortable clothes on the flight or in the car on the way to an interview, change into something more professional, then change back? No one said you had to wear a tight dress and 4 inch heels on a 3 hour flight to Iowa.  Or for that matter, in the interview, you can wear a dressy pair of pants and blazer, and flats if that's your jam. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Anyone check Mika's latest KYV video yet? Just when you think she might be fully embracing her "this is me, take it or leave it" bullshit, as she demonstrated so unprofessionally with the outfit she chose for the Biden interview, she now feels the need to show us just how quickly and easily she gets transformed from featureless Mika to glam Mika through the magic of her make up and hair guy. Accepting how one looks ,IMO, is a basic tenet of knowing one's value. She is so incredibly  shallow and hypocritical. She is just a farce and I can't believe no one tells her the mixed message she's sending. Trying to be the role model for women while lying in the make-up chair with coffee in hand and feet on the table (what's with her inability to sit normally on chairs, not tables?) is just beyond entitled. I'm sure all of her Sham-Fans can relate. So much wrong with this.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

So much wrong with this.

I never watch the KYV  videos....ever, but your description perfectly illustrates the hypocrisy this woman lives every day. Who cares about her "transformation" ? How about learning to read a teleprompter correctly, instead?????  

• Love 4
On 7/20/2019 at 10:52 AM, plumbago blues said:

Anyone check Mika's latest KYV video yet? Just when you think she might be fully embracing her "this is me, take it or leave it" bullshit, as she demonstrated so unprofessionally with the outfit she chose for the Biden interview, she now feels the need to show us just how quickly and easily she gets transformed from featureless Mika to glam Mika through the magic of her make up and hair guy. Accepting how one looks ,IMO, is a basic tenet of knowing one's value. She is so incredibly  shallow and hypocritical. She is just a farce and I can't believe no one tells her the mixed message she's sending. Trying to be the role model for women while lying in the make-up chair with coffee in hand and feet on the table (what's with her inability to sit normally on chairs, not tables?) is just beyond entitled. I'm sure all of her Sham-Fans can relate. So much wrong with this.

Maybe she's using the Kardashian business model. 90% of their show is the sisters getting hair and make up done.  I bet someone advised her that these youtube influencers are all the rage. 

Why would anyone want to look like her? Plus it's her 1% privilege BS that thinks the rest of us have a hair & make up person. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Here's the video if you feel like it.  I got news for Mika, other than those raccoon eyes, even when she has make up on, her face is all one color.  This article is one of those "click on this product link and the poster gets credit" deals, I bet.  J

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/watch-mika-go-makeup-free-camera-ready-minutes-ncna1030811

So she is barely awake an hour before the show starts??!   Not ready and prepping for what is going to happen in 45 minutes, reading over script, breaking news, but half asleep in a chair? 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Maybe she's using the Kardashian business model. 90% of their show is the sisters getting hair and make up done.  I bet someone advised her that these youtube influencers are all the rage

Why would anyone want to look like her? Plus it's her 1% privilege BS that thinks the rest of us have a hair & make up person. 

That's it!  Meeka is the Waspy Kardashian.  Yes, yes she is.  Please, MSNBC, make them do their job and do their show from the New York studio.  I cannot believe the rest of the on-air personalities on the network do not hate them both.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

So she is barely awake an hour before the show starts??!   Not ready and prepping for what is going to happen in 45 minutes, reading over script, breaking news, but half asleep in a chair? 

Wow! That sure explains a lot, doesn't it? She most likely hasn't even read what the teleprompter will say, nor does she make any time to properly prepare for the show. And this woman gives others career advice????

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, PennyPie18 said:

Wow! That sure explains a lot, doesn't it? She most likely hasn't even read what the teleprompter will say, nor does she make any time to properly prepare for the show. And this woman gives others career advice????

Also relationship advice, make up tips, smoothies, diet, advice on sun screen, and don't forget milk. Along with cake, Mika seems obsessed with milk.  Life style?  Pouring liquid into a glass takes the same amount of time no matter what it is, I don't know what "life style" has to do with it. Lactose intolerance, nut allergy, yeah. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/dr-fernstrom-what-s-best-milk-alternative-your-lifestyle-ncna1030766

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2

Her make up artist needs to work on smiling under pressure. He looks like he's holding up the mirror to the wicked stepmother in Snow White. "Why you're the fairest of them all, of course you are, no seriously you are, don't hit me". 

Looks like Mika's getting ready for another important interview with world leaders. Half assed outfit? Check.  Making sexy time faces while smearing lip gloss all over my mouth? All over it!!   Let's do this! 

image.png.d22d20383a8bd5d5a633179ce2f55a12.png

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, teddysmom said:

Looks like Mika's getting ready for another important interview with world leaders.

This photograph is so wrong on so many levels.  Knowing your value includes not devaluing yourself and your claimed profession by putting out images that prove you are shallow and insipid.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

his photograph is so wrong on so many levels.  Knowing your value includes not devaluing yourself and your claimed profession by putting out images that prove you are shallow and insipid.  

Also that grey cardigan does not go with that top.  Take some of your cake budget and buy some outfits that go together, woman!! 

• LOL 1

Can anyone imagine a serious journalist giving make up tips? 

So she's just straight up admitting now that she could care less about acting professional, doing a good job, it's all about "please tell me I'm pretty, and also give me money to tell you how to behave". 

Mika you are not successful by the common standards of performance, you succeeded at hitching your wagon to a bully, and MSNBC is too lazy or scared to tell you two to take a hike. 

"We're going in a different direction, we're going to put on a professional show, and the hosts will be sitting at the desk in the studio, and they will be prepared, and there will be no yelling at  panelists, or fighting between co-hosts, using the show to sell your side gigs, using the network website to post videos of your emotional breakdowns, in other words, don't let the door hit you in the ass". 

• Love 8

haaa, you all are funny this morning.

The way I picture their coverage of and research of the testimony today is Mika in a spa with a team of underpaid immigrants tending her feet, her fingernails, her hair, her shoulder tightness from so much stress and hard work, as she reclines in a mud mask with cucumbers slices over her eyes.  There is a Dr nearby sharpening his scalpel for some touchups, and he's flicking a syringe that'll keep those lips and sags plump.
The TV is on CNN's coverage and opinions.   Joe is reading her tweets of what real journalists and thought leaders are writing.  "Oh, Ashleigh Banfield wrote that?  Let's take it and use it."
And she's dictating to an underling idiotic KYV phrases about beauty and hard work and worth and coconut water and heels and misogyny. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I honestly think Meeka is setting her sights on being the next Life Style expert - minus the talents and skill required at media relations, being able to run a company and work ethic.  She wants to be the person young women flock to for advice on style, healthy living, knowing your value, being comfortable in one's own skin (yes, I know), etc.  

She is bored with being a teevee news person (yes, I know), tired of the hours and the work required for her job.  So she wants to be a media mogul with books, seminars, make-up and clothing advice, diet and exercise.  Martha Stewart/Oprah, without the drive and smarts.  I want her off my screen so I kind-of wish her success.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, The Solution said:

Not to mention style or beauty.

The thing is, neither Martha nor Oprah pretends to be a journalist.  The only style I want to see from a journalist is their writing style, and beauty is completely irrelevant.  Female journalists have fought for years to be taken seriously on their journalistic merits, have struggled to keep looks out of the equation, and now you have this twit doing her level best to tear that progress away, by pretending to be a journalist as she sits in a seat that any journalist would give their eyeteeth to have. 

2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I honestly think Meeka is setting her sights on being the next Life Style expert - minus the talents and skill required at media relations, being able to run a company and work ethic.

Fine, as long as she resigns from the co-host position of what is purported to be a serious news/political opinion show.  Every other host on MSNBC is either a journalist or a political expert, and I'd even loosely include Joe in that.  "One of these things is not like the other..."

• Love 5
15 hours ago, meowmommy said:

pretending to be a journalist as she sits in a seat that any journalist would give their eyeteeth to have. 

You've all seen that Powerpoint standard, the chart with three circles that intersect themselves to show overlapping skills/features?  For MSNBC talent, the three circles are:  Former official, Celebrity, Wonk/Journo. 
Heilemann is a wonk/journo.  Donnie is Celebrity near the wonk/journo intersection.  Joe is a Former Official intersecting with Celebrity.  Claire is just a Former Official.  Rachel - Wonk/Journo intersecting with Celebrity.  You get it.
If I had the wherewithal I'd draw this up with everyone's names. 

But the joke is:  You draw this up with everyone in those three circles, but way way off to one side is  a tiny circle intersecting nothing that is only Mika's face.  If I were to draw this, the circle would be labeled something funny.

• Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

You've all seen that Powerpoint standard, the chart with three circles that intersect themselves to show overlapping skills/features?  F

Venn diagram.  Just add another circle titled "Irrelevant"

image.png.a3628ac253c97aa22fa56d456e7405a4.png

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Here's a thought....Joe can be not too bad some of the time; I think Meeka maybe is not the best fit on this show anymore.  Her interests and energy seem to be elsewhere; and that is fine.  Why not have "Morning Joe" every day with just Joe?  He could have the cast of usual suspects...he seems to be very comfortable with them.  Just not a co-host/hostess.  

He could still get his time off, still get to be obnoxious and over-bearing...just not with Meeka being the wallpaper in the background.  A wee bit of me feels kind of sorry for her...she just seems to not have the capacity to just "be" and relax. She is always trying to achieve, it must be exhausting. Joe sucks all the oxygen from the room, so he would be better hosting alone.  They could actually have a private life.  Now THAT would be a great reality show; Bravo...are you listening?  I would actually watch that.  

Mika’s sisters-in-law Natalia has posted an Instagram story that shows the summer bunker (in Maine?). It’s quite a setup, and there is obviously a second bunker somewhere else in the house. I assume the Florida bunkers are similar. 

I don’t know how to post it here, and you have to wade through a bunch of videos of Natalia’s daughter to get to it, but I find behind the scenes stuff interesting. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

She is wearing a grey tshirt and a robe on TV as the host of the morning political show of record.
I guess more fool me for being irked by this.

It looks like she has some errands to run after the show.

• Love 2

Her clothing choices do not match the hair and makeup.  I don't see this drabness with any of the other on-air female personnel.  They manage to look professional and well-groomed.  You don't notice their clothing unless something grabs your attention.  Exception:

Andrea Mitchell and that gorgeous flowered dress she wore when she interviewed Dan Coates last year. Her interview was professional, with well-timed questions (some thinking on her feet due to breaking news) and a spot of humor. 

• Love 2
Just now, XOQueens said:

Saw this going around all corners of the political spectrum recently. I didn’t know Joe introduced a resolution “Condemning the racist and anti Semitic views of the Reverend Al Sharpton” back in the day. 

https://www.congress.gov/bill/106th-congress/house-concurrent-resolution/270/text

Joe responded on twitter yesterday with some bible verses about reconciling with Sharpton.

It would be fun to have new Joe blast old Joe for being a GOP patsy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Saw this going around all corners of the political spectrum recently. I didn’t know Joe introduced a resolution “Condemning the racist and anti Semitic views of the Reverend Al Sharpton” back in the day. 

https://www.congress.gov/bill/106th-congress/house-concurrent-resolution/270/text

I am going to say this as carefully as I possibly can.  I am very, very happy to see many former Republicans break ranks and join in the chorus of this cannot go on within our party any longer.  I am glad that Joe and Rev. Al have resolved their issues as to be honest I have had issues with both of them in the past.  My most sincere hope is that now everyone means what they say and are truly pulling for the best solutions for our country regardless of party or social/economic status as opposed to what is ultimately in it for them.

You know, those pesky pre-order book sale numbers.

eta:  In my haste to mock Joe and Co. I realized I screwed up my original intent.  I just want to say a huge and sincere thank you for those that are currently swimming upstream in incredibly rough waters (George Conway is my new favorite follow).  I have yet to see the Scarborough's suffer for any of their choices and don't hesitate to highlight/profit whenever they can.  

Edited by Chloesmom
Correcting my own snark
  • Love 5

God help us Mika is responding to Trump's tweets .

We have a new nickname. She's calling Meadows #MushyMark. 

She & Joe are ON FIRE!!!!!  

I bet he's sitting there telling her what to type and she's smacking him on the arm when he tries to grab the phone away from her. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I have yet to see the Scarborough's suffer for any of their choices and don't hesitate to highlight/profit whenever they can.  

The original day traders.  Which ever way the wind blows, that's the tack JoMika will take. 

• Love 5
(edited)
27 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

God help us Mika is responding to Trump's tweets .

We have a new nickname. She's calling Meadows #MushyMark. 

She & Joe are ON FIRE!!!!!  

I bet he's sitting there telling her what to type and she's smacking him on the arm when he tries to grab the phone away from her. 

OH goodness they should have quit while they were inexplicably ahead.  This is not a help.  Meadows is not the problem right now.  He's gross but shouldn't be the focus.

Edited by Chloesmom
Sigh, thoughts . . .

Yesterday’s show:

MSNBC hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski helped promote a book by Kevin Williamson — who repeatedly said that women should be hanged for having an abortion — and never asked Williamson about those comments, or disclosed them to viewers.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/joe-and-mika-interview-writer-who-said-women-should-be-hanged-for-abortions-forget-to-ask-him-about-it/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Useful 1