Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

She must be thrilled collecting and reveling in all the kudos that have flown around Twitter that she could scoop up and make her own 24 hours later (when she had a clear shot that morning but chose to postpone her rant):

KYV . . . again, phhffffftttt.

Does Joe actually refer to the show as  “The Morning Joe Sound Machine” these days? In the ad for the show during the Dem debate that’s what he calls it, so I ‘m kind of confused. Does he see everyone as backup to his lead? (Yes, I get the reference to the Miami Sound Machine, but it seems weird.)

• Love 2

I read the article; or at least as much as I could stand.  Sweet Jesus...she is full of herself.  I can't even rationally comment on any of it.  I do wonder how Joe will react to it; but I have always thought that in private she rules the roost.  And he loves the image of being a kind-of enlightened guy.

One thing that bothers me about articles like this...the "comments" section.  It is one thing to dislike someone and coherently comment on it (maybe with a dash of humor).  But articles like this and most of the articles on sites like Mediaite kind of scare me a little.  The things people write (really hateful) are sobering - it makes you realize how scary-angry seemingly normal-looking people are.  

But it is a bit gratifying to know that other people "can't stand" her as much as we do.  Well, me.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

I read the article; or at least as much as I could stand.  Sweet Jesus...she is full of herself.  I can't even rationally comment on any of it.  I do wonder how Joe will react to it; but I have always thought that in private she rules the roost.  And he loves the image of being a kind-of enlightened guy.

One thing that bothers me about articles like this...the "comments" section.  It is one thing to dislike someone and coherently comment on it (maybe with a dash of humor).  But articles like this and most of the articles on sites like Mediaite kind of scare me a little.  The things people write (really hateful) are sobering - it makes you realize how scary-angry seemingly normal-looking people are.  

But it is a bit gratifying to know that other people "can't stand" her as much as we do.  Well, me.

She has lost her mind.  When has Joe ever sucked up to anyone on that show?  Lucky to be on the show?  That explains why so many people who used to be regular guests are no longer around, they couldn't take all their good fortune.  

How do people at MSNBC put up with this bullshit? 

Can you imagine Rachel Maddow saying "people are lucky to be on my show".

Yeah I couldn't finish it either Kemper, I didn't want to lose my lunch. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Landsnark said:

She just said she's the brains behind Morning Joe and the reason for its success.
https://news.yahoo.com/mika-brzezinski-on-success-of-morning-joe-im-the-reason-its-still-going-093000748.html

Lol. Wow. Her social media mentions have been full of people telling her exactly how it looks that she married the man who rescued her career, who gave her money from his own pocket for her wardrobe, who gave her his bonus, who got her her raise, and who she then married — all while shilling this inane KYV nonsense. It must be getting to her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 6/30/2019 at 6:45 PM, Landsnark said:

She just said she's the brains behind Morning Joe and the reason for its success.
https://news.yahoo.com/mika-brzezinski-on-success-of-morning-joe-im-the-reason-its-still-going-093000748.html

This is hysterical. It proves that M&J have nothing to do with the success or failure of the show.

As usual it's all about self promotion and which one of these egomaniacs can grab the spotlight at any given time.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

When has Joe ever sucked up to anyone on that show?  

Long time viewer here. In fact, I have been watching since the first year. Joe sucks up to everyone. I'm not a psychologist but he has an extreme inferiority complex and aspires to be a Northeast blue blood.

Joe tries to schmooze and be friends with every.damn.body. You can't run an objective news program like that. Joe (and Mika) befriended and kissed up to Chris Christie for years. I think Joe thought he'd run for president and wanted to be well positioned. When things turned for Christie (Bridge-gate) Joe dropped him so fast. However, Christie didn't really care and isn't unbalanced. When Joe and Mika did the same thing with Donald Trump...well, we all know how that turned out.

Edited by Miss Slay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, teddysmom said:

When has Joe ever sucked up to anyone on that show? 

2016 and part of 2017. Donald Trump. Joe sucked up to him daily. Mika did as well - remember when she promised not to ask him a hard question and it was caught on a hot mic? Or their visit to Trump Tower during the transition? Or to Mar-A-Lago on New Year’s Eve?  They sucked up until Trump attacked Mika. And Mika continues to suck up to Ivanka.

As has been said, sucking up to political types is what they do unless they are trying to impress that person with how smart they are. Then Joe doesn’t shut up and Mika makes guttural noises while he talks.   

They are major suck ups. 

• Love 2

I guess I was referring more the panelists whom Joe is rude to on a daily basis.  Those are the ones I thought Mika meant with "they're lucky to be on the show". 

Where are the Bobbsey  Twins today? Didn't they just have a week long vacation? 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I guess I was referring more the panelists whom Joe is rude to on a daily basis.  Those are the ones I thought Mika meant with "they're lucky to be on the show". 

Where are the Bobbsey  Twins today? Didn't they just have a week long vacation? 

I agree. Good question. Do we really expect them to show up at all this week?

• Love 3

YOU GUYS....

Joe is right now even as we speak getting reamed on Twitter by Soledad O'Brien and others who are calling him out for enabling Trump's rise in 2015-16.

The chickens are returning to the roost. It's delightful.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Eliot said:

YOU GUYS....

Joe is right now even as we speak getting reamed on Twitter by Soledad O'Brien and others who are calling him out for enabling Trump's rise in 2015-16.

Bye Joe:

image.png.80faaed9ce487d45e7b692ce90618712.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Eliot said:

YOU GUYS....

Joe does not like being criticized by other journalists. I am sure that he would have Soleded reprimanded if she was still working at NBC.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, teddysmom said:

And he deleted his tweet.  What a baby. 

Yes but the ones that remain are glorious as is his new profile picture, WIN!  Enough of this arguing about what was (you know, what I did).  Let us move forward in a common goal now that I am no longer invited to Mar-a-Lago.

I love Soledad, she is just so good at this without ever being gross.  I hope she is able to sustain the knowledge of knowing she will never be invited to a KYV Ham-Bore-eee again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Joe has been busy deleting tweets today. Matthew Dowd is the latest pundit to complain about Joe.

Don't the other journalists realize that Joe is the leader of the Trump resistance movement ? 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Yes but the ones that remain are glorious as is his new profile picture, WIN!  Enough of this arguing about what was (you know, what I did).  Let us move forward in a common goal now that I am no longer invited to Mar-a-Lago.

I love Soledad, she is just so good at this without ever being gross.  I hope she is able to sustain the knowledge of knowing she will never be invited to a KYV Ham-Bore-eee again.

It's very upsetting that Joe had to start paying for his overnight stays to Mar A Largo once Trump became a candidate for president. It's  a shame that NBC's conflict of interest policies were not waived for an opinion leader like Joe.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I think that group is larger than just journalists.  

At this point, anything with a pulse.  I am glad folks are actively calling out bad behavior and not accepting their awful explanations anymore.  The cocktail circuit just tightened up a bit.

eta:  He is also riding on Tom Nichols weekend coat tails where he took a pounding defending some views that may not be shared with others that watch MSNBC but Tom has never wavered from who he is or what he believes so that Joe is flouncing off into the sunset as the wounded warrior is just the height of hypocrisy.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

The show is a bit different now due to #metoo. But the original panel that came on for about 10 years were all the children of famous people affiliated with politics. Joe having no connection to these heroes employed their children in hopes of meeting them, IMO. Mika Brzezinski‎ (daughter of diplomat and political scientist Zbigniew Brzezinski‎), Willie Geist (son of Emmy award winning journalist Bill Geist), Mark Halperin (son of foreign policy analyst Morton Halperin), Harold Ford (son of Congressman Harold Ford Sr), and Mike Barnicle (son of the city of Boston). I'm including Barnicle only to note that Joe doesn't limit his sucking up to people, he sucks up to the entire region of New England. He's the number 1 red socks fan, vacations in Nantucket, and loves to brag that he lives in CT.

Joe often remarks about the backgrounds and upbringing of his panel. Mika vacationed in the south of france. Joe loves to remark that his family took a road trip. Mika, Mark, and Harold all grew up together in the DMV. Joe wishes that he did too. He has read about every single one of them and the suckup is daily.

I could go on. Like I said, I've been watching this show for awhile.

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Anyone remember what he tweeted? Or have a screen shot? ETA: I posted a screenshot but mods deleted it. I guess we can't show their Twitter accounts? It was a particularly ridiculous Tweet, even by their standards.

I can’t (but can) believe Joe wrote a book spinning his history with Trump. It’s about to get worse for him... and I’m here for it. 🍿 

He’s also getting a healthy ratio dragging on his strange Nike post. Joe’s such a snowflake. 😉 

Edited by XOQueens
update on the Tweet screenshot
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Mika Brzezinski‎ (daughter of diplomat and political scientist Zbigniew Brzezinski‎), Willie Geist (son of Emmy award winning journalist Bill Geist), Mark Halperin (son of foreign policy analyst Morton Halperin), Harold Ford (son of Congressman Harold Ford Sr), and Mike Barnicle (son of the city of Boston).

Don't forget "Little Lord" Luke Russert!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

The show is a bit different now due to #metoo. But the original panel that came on for about 10 years were all the children of famous people affiliated with politics. Joe having no connection to these heroes employed their children in hopes of meeting them, IMO. Mika Brzezinski‎ (daughter of diplomat and political scientist Zbigniew Brzezinski‎), Willie Geist (son of Emmy award winning journalist Bill Geist), Mark Halperin (son of foreign policy analyst Morton Halperin), Harold Ford (son of Congressman Harold Ford Sr), and Mike Barnicle (son of the city of Boston). I'm including Barnicle only to note that Joe doesn't limit his sucking up to people, he sucks up to the entire region of New England. He's the number 1 red socks fan, vacations in Nantucket, and loves to brag that he lives in CT.

Joe often remarks about the backgrounds and upbringing of his panel. Mika vacationed in the south of france. Joe loves to remark that his family took a road trip. Mika, Mark, and Harold all grew up together in the DMV. Joe wishes that he did too. He has read about every single one of them and the suckup is daily.

I could go on. Like I said, I've been watching this show for awhile.

That’s an excellent point. Pat Buchanan , Norah O Donnell & Nicole Wallace we’re regular guests.

Mika used to get excited when Arianna Huffington & Tina Brown were on the show. 

• Love 3

Someone I follow tweeted Joe's half assed mea culpa about his rude tweets and that he was deleting all his tweets about whatever he said. My God did he get raked over the coals.

Is he really using this new book to rewrite history re the show & Trump?  How in God's name did a publisher okay this bullshit.  Can't wait to see him try to promote it on Colbert or other late night shows. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Someone I follow tweeted Joe's half assed mea culpa about his rude tweets and that he was deleting all his tweets about whatever he said. My God did he get raked over the coals.

Is he really using this new book to rewrite history re the show & Trump?  How in God's name did a publisher okay this bullshit.  Can't wait to see him try to promote it on Colbert or other late night shows. 

I think Joe wants to make money as the leader of the Trump resistance movement. He will probably ask any late night shows to sign a non disclosure agreement which would ban them from showing Trump on Morning Joe before the election & during the transition.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

deleting all his tweets about whatever he said.

I don’t know why we can’t post it here, but if you search joenbc and deleted in twitter you’ll see the screenshots.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, oakville said:

think Joe wants to make money as the leader of the Trump resistance movement. He will probably ask any late night shows to sign a non disclosure agreement which would ban them from showing Trump on Morning Joe before the election & during the transition.

This thing is going to bomb before it's even released.  The fact checkers will have a field day. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

This thing is going to bomb before it's even released.  The fact checkers will have a field day. 

It could get ugly. Mika & Joe do not respond well to any critics.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe do not respond well to any critics.

I know applying logic to the insanity of JoMika is folly, but what in God's name is he thinking? Does he not know those cameras pointed at him recorded everything he said and did and that all that footage is still available online?   

And if you want your fans or the general public to buy your book, don't refer to them as "stupid". 

Maybe he was frustrated from making green smoothies, polishing the conference table for Mika's photo shoot and trying to get the cake out of the oven before it burned. 

The Amazon pre order price (official release date is 11/19/19) has dropped from $28 to $18.98. 

This party is gonna be off the hook. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I typically only watch the first hour. I don't remember M&J doing anything other than giggling and fawning over every phone call from trump.

I never heard them sound the alarms as Joe now claims. I, however, was saying he's going to be elected by December '15.

If Joe wants to rewrite history. Fine. Control room, show us the tapes!

• Love 3

by Matt Taibbi - February 23, 2016

Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski should be herded into a rocket and shot into space for their brown-nosing of Trump

There was a time in the journalism business when it was considered at least somewhat embarrassing to be caught openly shilling for a politician. Believe it or not, it was also once considered inappropriate to admit to being about nothing except ratings. Not that everyone has to be Seymour Hersh, but Jesus, have some pride.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/morning-blow-how-joe-and-mika-became-trumps-lapdogs-90992/

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I know applying logic to the insanity of JoMika is folly, but what in God's name is he thinking? Does he not know those cameras pointed at him recorded everything he said and did and that all that footage is still available online?   

And if you want your fans or the general public to buy your book, don't refer to them as "stupid". 

Maybe he was frustrated from making green smoothies, polishing the conference table for Mika's photo shoot and trying to get the cake out of the oven before it burned. 

The Amazon pre order price (official release date is 11/19/19) has dropped from $28 to $18.98. 

This party is gonna be off the hook. 

I think Joe wants to "cash in" on the Trump circus.

Joe was offended when his plans for a Trump musical fell apart. It was supposed to be more popular than Hamilton.

His anti Trump songs were not well received by music critics & weren't even nominated for a Grammy. Joe removed the songs from Spotify after many fans got so emotionally moved by his lyrics that they couldn't go to work.

Joe is the Abby Hoffman of the anti Trump movement.

Joe complained to the Academy but so far they have yet to respond to him.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe removed the songs from Spotify after many fans got so emotionally moved by his lyrics that they couldn't go to work.

Isn't that commonly referred to as IBS?  Maybe Joe should have offered a packet of Imodium AD with every download. 

4 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe complained to the Academy but so far they have yet to respond to him.

Why do you think he's kissing Tim McGraw's ass so much?  Hoping Tim's country music power will get him on that Country Music Awards stage. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Isn't that commonly referred to as IBS?  Maybe Joe should have offered a packet of Imodium AD with every download. 

Why do you think he's kissing Tim McGraw's ass so much?  Hoping Tim's country music power will get him on that Country Music Awards stage. 

Ha! Immodium should become a sponsor of Morning Joe.

Joe should work on a reggae album. Reggae music often has political lyrics in the songs.

• Love 1
(edited)

This morning David Jolly's on and I'm thinking, he's a former Republican congressman and not from 25 years ago. 

MSNBC, you should give him this time slot. He would make a nice change from this morning train wreck 😂

Edited by stormy
Incorrect spelling of Jolly
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, stormy said:

his morning David Jilly's on and I'm thinking, he's a former Republican congressman and not from 25 years ago. 

MSNBC, you should give him this time slot. He would make a nice change from this morning train wreck 😂

Agree. But how long was he in Congress? Is he in a band?  Does he have an unqualified woman lined up to cohost?  Will he abuse the perks of being an MSNBC employee?  Could he learn to yell at guests? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, stormy said:

This morning David Jolly's on and I'm thinking, he's a former Republican congressman and not from 25 years ago. 

Joe would never accept to be replaced by another congressman.

Joe considers himself to be one of the leaders of the 1994 GOP revolution that took over Congress.

Joe's election help stop President Clinton from implementing his healthcare bill.

Joe led the charge for balanced budgets, crime reduction, ending the Cold War & the impeachment of Clinton.

Joe led the rebellion against Speaker Gingrich.

Joe is an inspiration to North Americans of all ages.

Joe is a hero

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

M&J have inflicted so much inappropriate behavior on this show since they became an item, that the only thing missing is the curvy couch.

This thing is so out of control, that poor Yasmine and Ayman's show has to carry the burden of being called "Morning Joe First Look'.

But hell, it would be fun if we turned on our TV's one morning and there was David Jolly and Heidi Przblya in charge and then we'd have to talk about serious matters.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, stormy said:

his thing is so out of control, that poor Yasmine and Ayman's show has to carry the burden of being called "Morning Joe First Look'.

I know that nauseates me every time I see it.  

They're doing the actual professional work.  Maybe every show should be called "Morning Joe......."

It amazes me that the others at the network don't revolt over this bullshit. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6

I just clicked on the "comments" section and they are really critical; apparently it is not just this board who notice that they are hardly ever in the NY studio.  And are in separate locations a lot of the time.

One of the comments stated that they were "just phoning it in" and it was spot on.  Is there no limit to their egos, especially hers?  It has sneaked up on everyone but at this point I think her ego and satisfaction with herself is even worse than his.  But without his name beside hers she will go back to being on "the island of lost toys" .. which is how she described the early days of the show.  Bless her heart.

• Love 2