Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Eliot said:

According to the article, they attended the reception but skipped the actual ceremony.

The Daily Mail article that said they were not at the ceremony is inaccurte. Mika's girls were photograhed at the Library of Congress, so they were clearly at the ceremony.

The Vanity Fair article is the accurate one, because Emily Jane (forgot her last name) actually talked to Mika and Joe, and it sounds like she was there, DM was just repeating what was written or said elsewhere, and they clearly got confused.

They also said that Barnicle was at the ceremony, which is also incorrect. He was just at the reception.

Edited by cased
  • Love 2

It's kind of shitty they didn't invite Donny. Didn't he give Mika a pair of Louboutins? 

Also if they wanted this so private, why invite a reporter from Vanity Fair? 

They are so full of shit. 

I lmao when I read that the music they played to walk into the room was Handel's "The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba". 

Where I'm from, when someone says  "Who do you think you are, The Queen of Sheba?", it's not a compliment. 

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, cased said:

The Daily Mail article that said they were not at the ceremony is inaccurte. Mika's girls were photograhed at the Library of Congress, so they were clearly at the ceremony.

The Vanity Fair article is the accurate one, because Emily Jane (forgot her last name) actually talked to Mika and Joe, and it sounds like she was there, DM was just repeating what was written or said elsewhere, and they clearly got confused.

From the Vanity Fair article:

By 6:46 P.M., Cummings pronounced them married and told Scarborough that he could kiss the bride (which he did)...At that point, the couple’s children and close family came into the rotunda to greet the newlyweds and take photos (Her daughters chose not to be at the actual ceremony but wanted to support their mom).

I find it interesting that her daughters split the difference that way.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

It's kind of shitty they didn't invite Donny. Didn't he give Mika a pair of Louboutins? 

Also if they wanted this so private, why invite a reporter from Vanity Fair? 

They are so full of shit. 

I lmao when I read that the music they played to walk into the room was Handel's "The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba". 

Where I'm from, when someone says  "Who do you think you are, The Queen of Sheba?", it's not a compliment. 

With the wedding and reception being so small, it is not surprising that they did not invite many from the show. If they had invited Donny, they proably would have to invite others, such as Steve Rattner, Richard Hass, etc. Even Barnicle only attended the reception.

What I find odd, is that there was no sign of Mika's brothers at the ceremony. I am guessing they were at the reception, but I would have expected them to be at the ceremony also.

I do agree that it is weird that it was so secret on the one hand, but on the other hand Vanity Fair was provided with full access.

Regarding The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba, I remember from a while back (before engagement). Mika and Joe were doing something where they were answering questions about NY, and Joe said something about Mika not riding the subway because she thinks she is the Queen of Sheba, so maybe that was some sort of inside joke.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cased said:

They also said that Barnicle was at the ceremony, which is also incorrect. He was just at the reception.

The Vanity Fair article also says they didn’t attend the ceremony.

eta I post too slowly, sorry for the duplicate info! 

Edited by XOQueens
3 minutes ago, Eliot said:

From the Vanity Fair article:

By 6:46 P.M., Cummings pronounced them married and told Scarborough that he could kiss the bride (which he did)...At that point, the couple’s children and close family came into the rotunda to greet the newlyweds and take photos (Her daughters chose not to be at the actual ceremony but wanted to support their mom).

I find it interesting that her daughters split the difference that way.

Yes, you are right about the daughters, I missed that in my first reading. 

7 minutes ago, cased said:

(Her daughters chose not to be at the actual ceremony but wanted to support their mom).

Or they didn't want to attend any of it, and their father told them it would be the right thing to do, and then the one daughter brought her dog. 

• Love 7

I sorta feel bad for Donnie, that he wasn't invited. There was a wistful undercurrent that surfaced sometimes, like he was the nerdy brother who saw her first but she went for the macho brother instead. If that makes sense. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, suomi said:

I sorta feel bad for Donnie, that he wasn't invited. There was a wistful undercurrent that surfaced sometimes, like he was the nerdy brother who saw her first but she went for the macho brother instead. If that makes sense. 

I agree. I always thought he had a little crush on her. What is it with men falling for these silly frivolous women?  

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Or they didn't want to attend any of it, and their father told them it would be the right thing to do, and then the one daughter brought her dog. 

Months ago something I read prompted me to look up Mika's daughters on FB (I'm not on Facebook but I can see some things on it).   I got the distinct vibe that those girls - especially the older one - are a couple of overgrown spoiled brats.  It doesn't surprise me that they chose not to be present at the  ceremony, or that the older one brought her dog, for god's sake, to the wedding.  It's a wonder that Mika didn't have her beloved pig as ring-bearer.  I think she coddles those girls to high heaven and they have 'attitude'. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Months ago something I read prompted me to look up Mika's daughters on FB (I'm not on Facebook but I can see some things on it).   I got the distinct vibe that those girls - especially the older one - are a couple of overgrown spoiled brats.  It doesn't surprise me that they chose not to be present at the  ceremony, or that the older one brought her dog, for god's sake, to the wedding.  It's a wonder that Mika didn't have her beloved pig as ring-bearer.  I think she coddles those girls to high heaven and they have 'attitude'. 

To be honest, I’d probably skip out too if my mother was marrying Joe Scarborough. Lol

• Love 10

I have a lot of empathy for Mika’s daughters. Their mother had a longtime high profile affair with her boss that ended their nuclear family. Add to that the affair was regularly satirized on national TV so not only was it something they lived with but it was also something friends and strangers laughed about - well, that’s a lot for kids. Similar situation for Joe’s kids. It cannot have been easy to be the children in these situations. They had absolutely no control. That they chose to take some now while supporting Mika (but perhaps not the secretive yet well publicized ceremony) makes sense to me. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, may flowers said:

I have a lot of empathy for Mika’s daughters. Their mother had a longtime high profile affair with her boss that ended their nuclear family. Add to that the affair was regularly satirized on national TV so not only was it something they lived with but it was also something friends and strangers laughed about - well, that’s a lot for kids. Similar situation for Joe’s kids. It cannot have been easy to be the children in these situations. They had absolutely no control. That they chose to take some now while supporting Mika (but perhaps not the secretive yet well publicized ceremony) makes sense to me. 

I was just going to post something similar to this. I also have empathy for Mika's daughters. While many people with kids get divorced and re-married, not all are in such publicly embarressing situations. On the other hand, as you mentioned, it was the same for Joe's younger kids, and they seem to have accepted Mika.

I noticed this morning that Mika's ex-husband posted something on Instagram along the lines of "a morning run is a good way to clear out negative thoughts". He has since deleted it. So maybe the fact that their dad has negative feelings toward the Joe/Mika union adds to the conflict for the girls.

On a different subject, I noticed a sentence in the Daily Mail article that said "despite reports, Mika will be keeping the name Brzezinski professionally". So, it sounds like Mika may be changing her legal name to Scarborough, but will keep using Brzezinski professionally, which makes a lot of sense to me.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, cased said:

So maybe the fact that their dad has negative feelings toward the Joe/Mika union adds to the conflict for the girls.

I can't imagine the hell of having your marriage destroyed, your family fractured, going through a bad divorce, then having to see your ex plastered all over the media and treated like Queen for a Day because she re-married "up," to the homewrecker who helped make it happen.   

• Love 15
3 hours ago, millennium said:

I can't imagine the hell of having your marriage destroyed, your family fractured, going through a bad divorce, then having to see your ex plastered all over the media and treated like Queen for a Day because she re-married "up," to the homewrecker who helped make it happen.   

After the shoe drops you look back and realize that your intuition was correct.  Mr Hoffer also deals with the residue of being raised by a mother who hoarded, and that's a whole 'nother minefield right there. I know little about Susan's issues except for the time she shot daggers when she saw Mika lovingly tousle her son's hair. And that she was strong-armed into "acknowledging" that Joey was "faithful and devoted" and that they were legally restricted to his and her sides of the house after 7pm. (If those walls could talk ...). Mr and Mrs Nantucket are feckless fill-in-the-blanks who feed on each other's self-importance. Cruel and selfish alliance, table for two. Please, please go into politics while I sit back and enjoy the ride. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 6

Connecticut and Florida will elect US Senators in 2022. Which is not far away at all, in terms of modern day campaign norms. The current and 2-term Senators are (D) Richard Blumenthal/CT and (R) Marco Rubio/FL. Blumenthal will be 76 in 2022, Rubio will be 51. Joey is a long-time legal resident of CT and has been sniffing around FL for a few years now. 

I hate to see perfectly good National Archives wedding photos go to waste, don't you?

Edited by suomi
  • Love 2

Don't forget the shoe designer had to fly to South America to make sure the shoes matched the dress fabric.

Queen of Sheba?  More like Marie Antoinette.   

Mika knows her value all right, she's got her tiny little hands clamped tightly around Joe's balls, and his bank account.  Mika doesn't give a shit about anything but making sure she has a man to take care of her, and can give her the life she has decided she deserves. 

After the honeymoon they're in San Francisco so she can bilk more women out of their money, while teaching them how the humiliate their families while searching for the new Mr. Right, as in the Right Amount of Money in his Bank Account. 

• Love 6

Since anything goes...I don't like the dress that much. Might have been fine had the polka dot lace overlay ended at the hem; hanging below looked unfinished to me. Not crazy about the pulling around the waist and hips, especially since she had just been standing, not sitting for hours. The BFD about her shoes was somewhat ridiculous considering the last thing anyone notices is the shoes...white shoes. (Especially since the officiant wore galoshes...now THAT'S a story!) The over the top gushing about the secrecy and "meaningful" location was laughable. Guess the Constitution as a backdrop was a better choice, even for these unaware dimwits, than standing before the Ten Commandments, what with the covetting and adultery and all.

Jim Hoffer is a saint. I'm hoping he knew his value and got a huge non disclosure award to keep his mouth shut. Mika sure did a fine job of pouring more salt into his wounds by saying she was taking Joe's name...Jimmy didn't rank high enough in the "famous" name category by which she can claim glory and importance.

• Love 5

My two cents. I'm not going to get into how it happened (because I don't care). But I'm giving M&J a little bit of a pass because generally someone like Joe would have gone after a woman 20+ years younger than himself.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, stormy said:

My two cents. I'm not going to get into how it happened (because I don't care). But I'm giving M&J a little bit of a pass because generally someone like Joe would have gone after a woman 20+ years younger than himself.

I mean, who is left almongst the 20+ year younger crowd who would put up with him? Ann Coulter (admittedly I’ve no idea who old she is), that Twitter gun rights girl from Youngstown Uni, Tomi? No one likes Joe, left or right, except Mika. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Love 5

With the wedding and reception being so small, it is not surprising that they did not invite many from the show. If they had invited Donny, they proably would have to invite others, such as Steve Rattner, Richard Hass, etc

Can you imagine Noah Rothman being asked by the usher, "Friend of the Bride or friend of the groom?" and superciliously sniffing, "Seat me with the Republicans."

Mika sure did a fine job of pouring more salt into his wounds by saying she was taking Joe's name.

Really?  At her age? I would think that if she Knew Her Value, her Dad's name would be more prestigious than Joe of the Panhandle Scarboroughs.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, cased said:

Maybe it's just me, but the wedding cake looked very unimpressive. Maybe it was delicious, but it was tiny.

It's not just you I thought they were slicing into a stack of pancakes.  Then I looked closer and it looked like a cheesecake someone almost dropped. 

The cake was twenty layers of crepes, so I was right. They had a big ol' stack of pancakes!! 

1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Really?  At her age? I would think that if she Knew Her Value, her Dad's name would be more prestigious than Joe of the Panhandle Scarboroughs.

She could be taking it legally but keeping Brzezinski for her professional name. 

They made Town & Country.. Oh and the Ten Commandments are inscribed in the floor of the National Archives where the wedding was held.  I'm surprised it didn't burst into flames. 

Isn't that a government building?  So there really is no separation of church and state any more? 

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/the-scene/weddings/a25306689/mika-brzezinski-joe-scarborough-wedding/

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5

Another piece of the Morning Joe puzzle falls into  place. Apparently this Dr Dave Campbell who keeps appearing on the show is a friend of Joe and Mika's, whose wife Rachel helped with the wedding planning.

Edited by cased
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, cased said:

Apparently this Dr Dave Campbell who keeps appearing on the show is a friend of Joe and Mika's, whose wife Rachel helped with the wedding planning.

Of course.  They can't book actual guests, so they're flipping thru their phone contacts. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Since anything goes...I don't like the dress that much. Might have been fine had the polka dot lace overlay ended at the hem; hanging below looked unfinished to me. Not crazy about the pulling around the waist and hips, especially since she had just been standing, not sitting for hours. The BFD about her shoes was somewhat ridiculous considering the last thing anyone notices is the shoes...white shoes. (Especially since the officiant wore galoshes...now THAT'S a story!)

I really liked the top part of the dress, but like you, I didn't like the overhanging lace at the bottom. I also agree that white shoes are white shoes.

Edited by cased
  • Love 2

"And you know, our show is a cocktail party every morning." (from the Town and Country article)

Yeah Mika we noticed that for some mornings the cocktail party looked like it started earlier than others.  Hoo boy that article, what a load of crap.  And someone please explain to me that something that was so secret and hush hush managed to get splashed across just about every glossy magazine and/or rag in the business within 24 hours . . . ick.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't care for her dress (I've been so negative about everything else I didn't want to pile on everything) but I think it was cut a tad too long for her short-ish stature and that alleged cake . . . oh please . . . and they probably paid a mint for that thing when they could have ordered IHOP via Grub Hub.

I truly wonder if they will keep the show/stay in FL as watching the process of them remaking their images almost as fascinating as when we were debating if they were doing the horizontal bop or not.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Can you imagine Noah Rothman being asked by the usher, "Friend of the Bride or friend of the groom?" and superciliously sniffing, "Seat me with the Republicans."

Or maybe he'd just deny that there is any wedding at all.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

and that alleged cake . . . oh please . . . and they probably paid a mint for that thing when they could have ordered IHOP via Grub Hub.

I hope they at least had a second cake, because there is no way that tiny cake could feed 40 people.

• Love 4

You know, I am glad I am not the only one who wondered about that wee cake.  It kind of reminded me of the pizza commercial with the pizza on the kitchen table (no plate below it) and the two idiots (that is an insult to idiots) with their faces on the TABLE! trying to find the alleged crust.  

I think if some of the press keeps praising the show as the coolest morning show ever...we are stuck with these two until 2020.  As much as I "can't stand him" ... I would tune in once in awhile because sometimes he can be funny.  I would never tune into a show just for Meeka.

And...for now, Emily Jane is almost as dead-to-me as Kasie.  Or Kasey.

Edited by Kemper
added last sentence
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Guys . . . you gotta read this article . . . it is the funniest/snarkiest/hey I didn't know that thing evah . . . major score from our friend Oakville.  I can't thank you enough for sharing it! 

Oh my God...it is like this board banded together and wrote it!  And I particularly loved the comments on Emily Jane.  This has made my day.  Made it!!!

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Guys . . . you gotta read this article . . . it is the funniest/snarkiest/hey I didn't know that thing evah . . . major score from our friend Oakville.  I can't thank you enough for sharing it! 

Here is another similar article

https://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/news/city-desk/article/21033928/hosts-of-morning-joe-get-special-treatment-for-their-secret-archives-wedding

it seems that the National Archives suddenly likes the idea of hosting weddings and is considering allowing more weddings. So, Joe and Mika could become trendsetters.

The article also has one of Joe and Mika’s classic “glamour shots”, with Joe staring directly at Mika’s chest.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, cased said:

Here is another similar article

https://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/news/city-desk/article/21033928/hosts-of-morning-joe-get-special-treatment-for-their-secret-archives-wedding

it seems that the National Archives suddenly likes the idea of hosting weddings and is considering allowing more weddings. So, Joe and Mika could become trendsetters.

The article also has one of Joe and Mika’s classic “glamour shots”, with Joe staring directly at Mika’s chest.

Ok first off, as much as I loathe those glamor shots (and this one is a doozy) I guess Joe has the right to stare directly at what he probably paid for.  

That being said, besides the newly minted Scarboroughs, who thinks they are a "Washington media power couple" except those dust bunnies floating between their ears?  No wonder they get along with Trump so well as they belong to the "if I say it enough it shall be" school of thought.

And this was my favorite part:  There were five still cameras set up in the adjacent Rotunda gallery taking time-lapse photographs every five seconds, including recording the couple walking up four steps into the center of the main room of the Rotunda.  Gotta get that perfect shot on their way to the coronation.

And shame on the National Archives for entertaining pimping out that hallowed site for spoiled, rich people.  Whomever is in charge there should get an in depth review of their recent decisions as this one stinks.

• Love 4
On 11/27/2018 at 11:45 AM, XOQueens said:

I mean, who is left almongst the 20+ year younger crowd who would put up with him?

Plus his head is the size of a pumpkin.  And his hair looks like a tsunami.  And his eyes are beady little pinpoints.  He's ugly.  He's obnoxious.  He's a serial adulterer.  Oh yeah, quite the catch.  But for someone knowing her worth, the bank account in enormous.  Unlike his penis, I'm pretty sure.

• Love 7

It's the Morning Joe brouhaha season!

Two years ago (and 5 months before he put a ring on it) on December 23 they hosted the show in flannel jammies (and socks and signature scarf for her) in front of a faux fireplace in a faux living room. And got raked over the coals for it. A week later (New Years) they were at Mar-A-Lago angling for comped accomodations, and lied about why they were there after the shit hit the fan. 

Last year they attempted to pass off a taped show as live the day after Thanksgiving. And got raked over the coals, not for doing it but for their  dishonesty. They got Real Pissy when the truth came out and the pissy lasted awhile. They acted like people were clutching their pearls because A Show Aired A Taped Episode. No, it was because they crafted their script to create the impression they were at the studio when they weren't and the panel had to go along with it. Why? They weren't sneaking around anymore by then, it's not like they needed to alibi 3 hours at the No Tell Motel. Ooh, dinner was so good and how 'bout that game? That was one good (yet to be played) game! They sniped online about the criticism for days and on the show for a couple weeks. He made some snide remarks about it last week. To say that they do not take criticism well is an understatement. 

I noticed the documents in the wedding photo backgrounds but figured they were replicas. I guess I thought the originals were in the Smithsonian and the Nat'l Archives was about the JFK documents and such. If they were pissy last year I can hardly wait to see their reaction this year, with the Founding Documents and No Pets Allowed on the table. These crazy kids. You couldn't make this stuff up. I've been thinking  that the descriptions of Mika's dress are stuck in her craw also - everything I read mentioned polka dots. Her designer's tweet about the event clearly stated that they were aspirin dots. Well, excuuse us!

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I will pass.   dailycaller = Tucker Carlson.  

• Love 7