Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

Today, Joe and Willie were going with the cross/square striped patterned jackets today. I can't say I'm wild about Mika's outfit today. It just doesn't work for me. The scarf is not really needed. A sleeveless top with a scarf just doesn't make any sense to me. Scarves just don't work with certain types of tops.

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe

This morning, Mika had a flowy pink scarf that she converted into a shawl.

She looked ridiculous. If she's that cold on the set, she might try sleeves.

• Love 1

So glad there's a place to go after TWoP...I'm going to really miss that site!

So...Mika's hair.  It's fascinating to me.  Why is it that she NEVER has roots showing?  She has absolutely PLATINUM, almost white hair.  She must get it bleached weekly or something, I don't understand.  Her hair doesn't even look damaged, but with that much bleach (even to just the roots) you'd think it would be almost...crunchy.  I don't get it. 

• Love 1

Did anyone see the clips from the latest round of Know Your Value? Mika wore her usual ultra slim sheath (black) and her usual superfluous scarf (hot pink). It's A Look that is awkward enough behind a desk, OK, but in motion on a stage it was unmistakably Studied and Contrived. Then, the sheath (I mean, how wrong can you go with a sheath?) had an industrial zipper in the back. Holy shit. The body pack for her mic rode in the back of the sheath so she looked like a hunchback, with the huge-ass zipper accentuating the unnatural curvature. Hooted my ass off, I did.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 1

*Mika squeal!* How did I not realise there is a fashion thread! All my loves thrown together in one!

Does anyone else watch the Dirty Laundry with Laura Brown spots? I love Laura Brown, just to get that out of the way. I accept she’s not everyone’s cup of tea. She had a great recent interview with the Grey’s Anatomy actress, I forget her name, the main one. Mika and Joe were on back in autumn. Mika talked about how she likes fashion and how horrible Joe is with clothes. They talked about The Sweater and how Joe wore it everyday as a FU to The Powers That Be. Or something. Mika thinks his old loafers look is “hot.” Joe, for his part, brought out this nightgown looking shirt he, and only he, loves. At one point I remember Mika bending down and Joe, like, getting down on top of her. Laura also flirted with Joe and it made me almost choke. 

Mika used to dress fashionably!!! … But now she frumps. Something is up with Mika.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, XOQueens said:

*Mika squeal!* How did I not realise there is a fashion thread! All my loves thrown together in one!

Does anyone else watch the Dirty Laundry with Laura Brown spots? I love Laura Brown, just to get that out of the way. I accept she’s not everyone’s cup of tea. She had a great recent interview with the Grey’s Anatomy actress, I forget her name, the main one. Mika and Joe were on back in autumn. Mika talked about how she likes fashion and how horrible Joe is with clothes. They talked about The Sweater and how Joe wore it everyday as a FU to The Powers That Be. Or something. Mika thinks his old loafers look is “hot.” Joe, for his part, brought out this nightgown looking shirt he, and only he, loves. At one point I remember Mika bending down and Joe, like, getting down on top of her. Laura also flirted with Joe and it made me almost choke. 

Mika used to dress fashionably!!! … But now she frumps. Something is up with Mika.

I have never heard of this xoqueens.  Maybe her next segment can focus on what the color of the month will be for male adulterer anchors.  Jesse B. Walters is sporting the most God awful pink/mauve blazer in what looks like it could be fleece?  Joe must fire back, perhaps bringing back that grimy sweater he used to wear everyday letting the little punk know who is head adulterer around here.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

I have never heard of this xoqueens.  Maybe her next segment can focus on what the color of the month will be for male adulterer anchors.  Jesse B. Walters is sporting the most God awful pink/mauve blazer in what looks like it could be fleece?  Joe must fire back, perhaps bringing back that grimy sweater he used to wear everyday letting the little punk know who is head adulterer around here.

My gift to you, the gift of Laura, Mika and Joe talking about fashion. Lol

http://people.com/peopletv/video/bs/0000015e-c683-d3c3-addf-f7bb20fd0000/joe-scarborough-and-mika-brzezinski/

ETA: OMG I forgot Joe took a Sharpie to Mika's "I'm not bossy I'm the boss" shirt and wrote "Joe is the boss" on it. I cringe. I forgot so much of this. Joe hates Mika's scarves.

(Lol my commercial breaks midway through were all for Bailey's. Stop spying on me, Internet!)

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

My gift to you, the gift of Laura, Mika and Joe talking about fashion. Lol

http://people.com/peopletv/video/bs/0000015e-c683-d3c3-addf-f7bb20fd0000/joe-scarborough-and-mika-brzezinski/

ETA: OMG I forgot Joe took a Sharpie to Mika's "I'm not bossy I'm the boss" shirt and wrote "Joe is the boss" on it. I cringe. I forgot so much of this. Joe hates Mika's scarves.

(Lol my commercial breaks midway through were all for Bailey's. Stop spying on me, Internet!)

ACK phooey, I can't get this to load on my Flintstones laptop.  Words cannot express how bummed I am right now.  Boo!

28 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Here's a shock, Michael AvenHottie is stunning in a tux and just saw MJ regular Yamiche Alcindor who looks beautiful (watching the WHCD on CNN).

Just came here to say the same thing ("Attention, please! Avenatti is looking hawt tonight!") but I'm watching MSNBC's intro coverage. Sarah Sanders is wearing blue, love the color but not so much the dress, her hair is up and She Is Not Wearing Pearls! It took hearing her voice for me to realize who she was.

Are Mika and Joe attending? That's why I'm watching the MSNBC coverage. It can't go well for Joey If Mika spots Avenatti in a tux!

• Love 1

Thanks Suomi, every time I tuned into MSNBC they had the rally on and no thank you.  I laughed when I saw AvenHottie and quickly looked around to see if Joe and Mika were pushing and shoving each other to see who got to stand next to him.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Oh my goodness I must have just missed this as I saw the Avenatti interview and could see Kellyanne off to his right.  Boy the insecurity just ripples off of that guy . . . :)

• Love 2

1 HOUR AGO, LADYRAIN SAID:

Why does Mika go out of her way to look so frumpy? That top today looks like something an old lady would wear to do housecleaning. (Full disclosure: I am an old lady and even I look spiffier than that. Well, usually, anyway.) Between her questionable fashion choices and her white "blonde" hair, she looks old beyond her years. SO SAD!!

Joe must have directed her to tone down da sexy, since her crush, Michael AvenHottie is on set with her today while Joe is off somewhere in his bunker.

Yes. WTH happened? I miss the ribbed sweaters and dresses, and the structured pieces with all the darts. Those fit like they were custom made. That was a good era but my favorite remains the sheath dress with cardigan or topper. (But DAMMIT, too often with a scarf.) It's odd that someone who is noted for being stylish now quite often looks frumpy. Honey blonde hair was very flattering, unlike the harsh platinum. When did she change the color? That's either when their thing began or when it got serious.

• Love 1
On 5/3/2018 at 8:19 AM, suomi said:

Honey blonde hair was very flattering, unlike the harsh platinum. When did she change the color? That's either when their thing began or when it got serious.

She probably started going lighter as she started going gray.  Women think it's going to be easier to blend the hair color with gray roots but you end up looking washed out since platinum blonde isn't your natural hair color and doesn't go with your skin tone. 

On 4/29/2018 at 8:21 AM, Chloesmom said:
On 4/28/2018 at 8:10 PM, XOQueens said:

Oh my goodness I must have just missed this as I saw the Avenatti interview and could see Kellyanne off to his right.  Boy the insecurity just ripples off of that guy . . . :)

That is some first class trolling.  He is fucking with all of them so much it's hilarious. 

• Love 2

Donny, this is not working for me...

2018-06-15_7-25-42.thumb.png.fbf448f9b722aedd65258e36e906870c.png

(Like, too much contrast within the white/blue plaid and/or the pattern is too small for on-camera.  Alternatively, just go all the way with a pink shirt underneath and a loud tie. Plus, I think the white in the suit brings unnecessary attention to his white hair.)

Meanwhile, our somber and serious duo:

2018-06-15_6-02-00.thumb.png.df5d19a6b6349da91fe11d0c4d333f73.png

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Mika has done one thing in the last ten years, perfected staring at herself in the monitor and posing. 

Sometimes it's like she can't find the correct angle to see the monitor and she ultra-focuses for a sec and looks like a meerkat.

• Love 2

The new Vanity Fair arrived today. Difficult choice, where to put this. Don't see a Hosts thread yet.

The caricatures are entertaining, was able to recognize almost everyone. Joey's is to die for, Mika won't like hers. Rach wields a carving set, heh. Never would've "seen" Joy Reid w/o the key. 

"secret fourth Beastie Boy Ari Melber" LOL

(sorry 'bout the robust URL)

How MSNBC Created a Cable-News Addiction Epidemic

Morning Joe, with its host fiancés, Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski, is a soap opera of its own. This is not just because of the danger, danger, high-voltage courtship of its co-hosts but also because of their multi-year ménage à trois with Donald Trump, whose self-love loomed over the proceedings each morning during the campaign, phoning in (from bed, it seemed) to goof off live on early-morning TV. When Joe and Mika finally, inevitably, turned on Trump last year, he responded like a spurned lover, describing Brzezinski as bleeding from plastic surgery. Morning Joe has been a masterpiece of triangulation: after competing with CNN to give Trump uncritical airtime in 2016, it has morphed into the smartest critique of Trump and Trumpism outside of Maddow.

https://www-vanityfair-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/11/how-msnbc-created-a-cable-news-addiction-epidemic/amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ%3D%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanityfair.com%2Fnews%2F2018%2F11%2Fhow-msnbc-created-a-cable-news-addiction-epidemic

Hee, you better make some space on your servers as this is going to be a very popular place to discuss our favorite couple and their ragtag group of folks that are willing to get up extra early only to be shouted down by Joe or tsk'd by Meeks.  Thanks for working with us on building this thread as I think it is perfect for what we all enjoy chatting about!

• Love 4

Some shallow observations:

- I think Mika may be growing out her hair for the wedding. This is pure, unadulterated speculation. 

- While I don’t like to listen to Mika - Joe’s opinions become hers when she offers any, the rest of the time she sighs or mutters - I think she’s looking lovely and glowy. I would love to know what her skincare regimen is or who her dermatologist is. 

- As to Joe, when he opens his mouth I hear the teachers/adults from Peanuts. So much outraged bloviating, so little shared insight. The question actually is how high can his hair go?

- For both Joe & Mika, how little do they think of their audience that they pretend to be in separate bunkers?  What is actually the point of that? Will they ever address their move to bunkerhood on the show?

Thanks to the moderators for this thread!

• Love 8

Mika's new wardrobe? Because her chest outgrew everything she had in her closet. Is it the midlife crisis equivalent of a push gift? What a hoot it's been, watching these two doing makeovers on each other. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 8
On 11/16/2018 at 8:57 PM, Ohwell said:

I swear, Joe's eyes are looking beadier, if that's possible.

They're not even slits anymore, they're the size of small peas.

When Joe laughs, his eyes disappear and he looks like Cartman.  

cartman.jpg

Edited by Rustybones
  • Love 3

Kasey Hunt wore glasses today?  Did I read that correctly?  Since Meeka has "the bun" and will probably look more and more sleekly professional from now on (I kid)...maybe they thought Kasey should look more book-ish.  Kasey is really really attractive; but I don't care for her anymore.

• Love 2