Type keyword(s) to search

Adam NewMan: Now Young, Still Restless

• Start Topic

I like the title of this thread but it just seems like this Adam has fit in so well that The Hand seems like a faded memory. 

Adam Newman! You stay the hell away from MCE's Chelsea, you hear me!------- That's my choice.

That's for sure.He is too fine to waste on Chelsea!
  • Love 3

One of the worst imitations I ever seen on a soap. Just dreadful. Give it up, just do you own thing. It's just silly now.

I don't think he's doing an imitation. He has a few of his mannerisms and is doing a good job of being Adam while making the character his own. When I see him, I can see how he could be MMAdam after plastic surgery. IMO JH is a great recast as Adam. I'm loving him in the role and I say this as someone who loved MM in the role too.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 11

Well I never liked Adam and couldn't stand MM period but I am loving JH and this Adam.And I usually only watch for Sharon but find my self tuning in to watch Adam. And I hated Shadam. I'm so confused! Lol But I think Justin is doing a fantastic job!

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 8

I thought all 3 Adams were very good. Adam as a character was quite different when MM took the role, I'm interested to see whether he'll be different with another new actor...and I don't just mean a different interpretation of the character, I mean if he'll be written any different.

• Love 2

Well has movinon been slipping you some of her screwdrivers? Because you sound just like her recent post. 

I love Slowpokey, but she can't have any of my screwdrivers until she eases up on MM.  I did like Shadam, not just because they were hot as hell, but it was also a way to keep her away from the idiot ape-man.  I laughed when she ran away to New Orleans while Nick the dope sat there waiting for her to come back and marry him.  I do know Adam was bad for Sharon, but Nick had to be humiliated somehow. I would love to see Sharon with JH, but you can't get away from the back story. so I am still confused, too.  Sorry, don't kill me, Slowpokey. 

• Love 3

Don't worry Movinon I won't kill you! Lol Guess I won't be drinking any of those screw drivers any time soon because I don't like MM at all and never saw anything special about him.I

just didn't care for all his Twitter drama.Sorry but to me he comes across as an egotistical brute. The real live actor's off screen actions just completely turned me off of the reel live character.

I hated Shadam because it put Sharon in such a bad light especially when she took him back twice after knowing what he had done to her . It just made her look pathetic and desperate and that of course is exactly what the Shaters wanted and they said all those things and more about her and this was after they swamped all the message boards with urgings to the writers to put Shadam together.

That was a number one reason for me to hate Shadam right off the bat because the Shaters got their way yet again to trash Sharon. Sharon lost a lot of fans over that hook up and it almost destroyed her.I feel like TPTB could have cared less what happened to Sharon as long as Adam was made more human and likable. The same as Sharon was trashed to make Phick more acceptable. I just get tired of them using her to prop up assholes that I can't stand.

Surprisingly I really like JH and don't think I would mind it much if they put him with Sharon. I guess it makes a difference in what actor is playing the character because I don't know one thing about JH only that he is doing a wonderful job playing Adam and I really like him. The same with GT playing Phyllis. I couldn't stand MS and never watched her scenes as Phyllis but I find GT very interesting and watch all her scenes. Guess I will have to see if these feelings hold. Right now I am loving these two characters when before I couldn't stand them!

• Love 5

I didn't like Shadam because of how it trashed Sharon, but the fact that they had it goin' on in the chemistry dept. was undeniable.

I know I've made it quite clear that I want see Sharon with Joe (Shoe? bleh) but I would also like it if we got to see Shadam redux, just because it would KILL Nick!

• Love 6

I didn't like Shadam because of how it trashed Sharon, but the fact that they had it goin' on in the chemistry dept. was undeniable.

I know I've made it quite clear that I want see Sharon with Joe (Shoe? bleh) but I would also like it if we got to see Shadam redux, just because it would KILL Nick!

I hope we do get a Shoe! Love that abbreviation and thanks for that! I know a lot of people thought Shadam was smoking but I never saw it but attribute that to SC. She always brings a lot to her relationships and makes all the men look good.I just never liked all the bad things Adam did to her and couldn't get past that.The same for Phick.I hated Nick and Phyllis for the way they treated Sharon and never could move beyond those feelings.I think maybe the reason I won't mind Shadam if it happens with JH is that with his Adam I never saw him do anything bad to Sharon so I guess he kind of comes in with a clean slate so to speak.As long as they don't have him in flash backs doing some of the awful things he did to her I should be O.K. LOL

• Love 5

Don't worry Movinon I won't kill you! Lol Guess I won't be drinking any of those screw drivers any time soon because I don't like MM at all and never saw anything special about him.I

just didn't care for all his Twitter drama.Sorry but to me he comes across as an egotistical brute. The real live actor's off screen actions just completely turned me off of the reel live character.

Tank you for letting me live, sweetie.  The Twitter stuff thankfully escapes me - I watch GH, too, and the Twitter crap over there would kill a horse.  I'ts funny how we disagree on so many things and yet you are one of the first people I look for on here.  Canadian, too, whom I know as Red, is the same situation.  To add insult to injury, I also loved MS, and I know she overacted like crazy - she was just funny to me..  I think I have a weird sense of humor or something, because I LOVE Kevin and everybody hates him.  It's all just fantasy anyhow, and I'm down for Shoe or Shadam, just because Nick deserves it.  I don't think it would matter who she was with - he'll go crazy because he considers her as property  I think I may also be different because I have hated Nick since he came home from Guam or Fiji or wherever the boarding school was.  I loved Eddie Cibrian and he was a slime-ball - just a really good actor.  Sorry I'm so weird, and for the record, never liked Phick, either, just because of the ICK part.  Please still be my friend - I know my choices are weird, but I am sober, I promise.  

Edited to say that you will be happy to know that MM's Xmas movie sucked, and I also hate Cricket..

Edited by movinon
  • Love 1

Tank you for letting me live, sweetie.  The Twitter stuff thankfully escapes me - I watch GH, too, and the Twitter crap over there would kill a horse.  I'ts funny how we disagree on so many things and yet you are one of the first people I look for on here.  Canadian, too, whom I know as Red, is the same situation.  To add insult to injury, I also loved MS, and I know she overacted like crazy - she was just funny to me..  I think I have a weird sense of humor or something, because I LOVE Kevin and everybody hates him.  It's all just fantasy anyhow, and I'm down for Shoe or Shadam, just because Nick deserves it.  I don't think it would matter who she was with - he'll go crazy because he considers her as property  I think I may also be different because I have hated Nick since he came home from Guam or Fiji or wherever the boarding school was.  I loved Eddie Cibrian and he was a slime-ball - just a really good actor.  Sorry I'm so weird, and for the record, never liked Phick, either, just because of the ICK part.  Please still be my friend - I know my choices are weird, but I am sober, I promise.  

Edited to say that you will be happy to know that MM's Xmas movie sucked, and I also hate Cricket..

aw thanks sweetie....I look for your posts also...

• Love 2

Friends forever and no matter whatever! I like that we can have differences and still be civil to each other and be friends! Honestly I respect everyone's opinion and hope they do mine.That is what makes this board so entertaining.I love it here! Sorry and I really mean it that MM's movie wasn't too good.I never hated MM and I always felt sorry for his wife and kids when he got fired.If he did what was reported then I don't feel sorry for him but then in a way I do.Does that make sense? No I guess not but It's just that I know he has a family and he needs a job. He loves acting so I hope that he can find a lot of good acting jobs for the sake of his kids and his love for the craft. I really do wish him the very best.O.K. I am not saying anything more about MM and I will carry on by discussing Justin Hartly and say that I like him very very much.And it's perfectly O.K. to have weird preferences because I have them too and lots of us do.LOL

• Love 3

Different strokes for different folks. I loved seeing MM's Christmas movie. I still say Justin Hartley does a shitty imitation of him. To each his own.

• Love 1

Different strokes for different folks. I loved seeing MM's Christmas movie. I still say Justin Hartley does a shitty imitation of him. To each his own.

I didn't think MM was bad - just didn't like the way the movie played out.  He just played a shallow character and he's played so much of that type of thing, I was hoping for him to be the winner, I suppose.  He has 2 more movies coming out and I will be watching, of course.  I am a fan and think he's an excellent actor and I wish him only the best.

Agreed Runningwild.  JH is both hotter and more talented. He has incorporated some of MM's mannerisms , but I actually didn't notice too much at first because he is a far more natural, organic performer.  With MM, I could practically see the notes he wrote on his script: "Look vulnerable at start of second sentence," "Turn 35 degrees to left," and "Smirk here, here, and here,"  etc., etc.

Honestly it amazes me that Justin Hartley came back to soaps.

• Love 2

I don't think JH is trying to mimic MM at all.

I don't either.. he is better than MM  and does not need to mimic anyone.

I did like Shadam, not just because they were hot as hell, but it was also a way to keep her away from the idiot ape-man.  I laughed when she ran away to New Orleans while Nick the dope sat there waiting for her to come back and marry him.

As much as I hate Sharon I  liked Shadam for some twisted reason.. the actors had great chemistry and anything to keep her away from that lunkhead Nick. Sharon actually has a pair when she is with anyone but Dick head. But the second they pair her with the loser I cannot stand her.

I

ME TOO.. so so so much.. he is an arrogant prick and I really do not like him. Twitter turned me off  MM big time. What a prick is the thought I was always left with/ Arrogant prick at that.. and look at him now.. a cheesy christmas show that sucked,.. and low and behold all he did was play the same Adam. MM is not all he is cracked up to be.

• Love 2

Crosby, you are SO mean and so early in the morning, but i like you anyhow.  I do have to agree about MM playing Adam in the movie and it really was bad, I think.  You probably already know I agree with you about Shadam, just because of that incredible heat they had and sticking it to dumb-ass never hurts. I don't do Twitter because I think I'd have to quit watching the show.  And I agree that JH is doing a great job and I think he's a really good actor.  I actually agree with a lot of what you say and never miss one of your posts - you always crack me up.  

• Love 1

Don't be jealous - Santa is watching!  lol  Merry Christmas, sweetie.

I'll try.  Merry Christmas to you too and to all the great people here.  We're a pretty functional family, if you ask me.  We may not always agree about everything, but we are always civil and respectful to each other. I hope y'all have a fantastic Holiday!

• Love 5

Agreed Runningwild.  JH is both hotter and more talented. He has incorporated some of MM's mannerisms , but I actually didn't notice too much at first because he is a far more natural, organic performer.  With MM, I could practically see the notes he wrote on his script: "Look vulnerable at start of second sentence," "Turn 35 degrees to left," and "Smirk here, here, and here,"  etc., etc.

Honestly it amazes me that Justin Hartley came back to soaps.

Honestly, he shouldn't have. He's beyond overrated. Like they say in Texas: All hat, no cattle.

I'll try.  Merry Christmas to you too and to all the great people here.  We're a pretty functional family, if you ask me.  We may not always agree about everything, but we are always civil and respectful to each other. I hope y'all have a fantastic Holiday!

Merry Christmas Peacheslatour! And to all the posters on the board! Have a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

• Love 5

YMMV and all but I never even look at JH and think about the ages of him and MM. I just figured they were around the same age.I find JH  more to my liking as a handsome and sexy man and as a very good actor. Justin Hartley has made me an Adam fan when I never was one and I am so happy they chose him for the show.

• Love 2

New here and have only just begun posting, but I love this board! The posts are witty, gritty and fun. I have to say I loved MM's Adam; he could snark like nobody's business. He was believable as an evil villain, a conflicted soul and a tormented cast off daddy seeker.  It is completely understandable why people hated his character. Meanwhile I loved him. I was saddened when he left because he was a big part of my enjoyment of this show. When they decided to recast it had me worried, especially because I can't get past the nuBilly Brothers; it was all for naught as JH is one of the best recasts IMO. I'm really looking forward to what he does with the character assuming the writings don't mess it up.

• Love 4

I have to say I loved MM's Adam; he could snark like nobody's business. He was believable as an evil villain, a conflicted soul and a tormented cast off daddy seeker.  It is completely understandable why people hated his character. Meanwhile I loved him. I was saddened when he left because he was a big part of my enjoyment of this show.

Welcome to the board, Margamo - Like you, I LOVED Mm's Adam.  There aren't too many of us, but nobody here will bash you because you loved him.  You will hear differing opinions, but they will be polite.  I love this board and hope you do, too.  The mods are great here.  I also agree that JH is doing a fantastic job and take the unpopular stand to hope they put him with Sharon for a while - that would really rile the monster in the bear trap.

• Love 3

New here and have only just begun posting, but I love this board! The posts are witty, gritty and fun. I have to say I loved MM's Adam; he could snark like nobody's business. He was believable as an evil villain, a conflicted soul and a tormented cast off daddy seeker.  It is completely understandable why people hated his character. Meanwhile I loved him. I was saddened when he left because he was a big part of my enjoyment of this show. When they decided to recast it had me worried, especially because I can't get past the nuBilly Brothers; it was all for naught as JH is one of the best recasts IMO. I'm really looking forward to what he does with the character assuming the writings don't mess it up.

Welcome Margamo! Nice of you to join this crazy but wonderful board! I hope you like it here and look forward to reading your comments. I agree with you about  JH's Adam. He is one of the best recasts,along with GT as Phyllis,that this show has ever had. He is really making me like Adam where before I just could not stand him.I am always looking forward to seeing his scenes and so far I haven't been disappointed.

• Love 2

Welcome to the board, Margamo - Like you, I LOVED Mm's Adam.  There aren't too many of us, but nobody here will bash you because you loved him.  You will hear differing opinions, but they will be polite.  I love this board and hope you do, too.  The mods are great here.  I also agree that JH is doing a fantastic job and take the unpopular stand to hope they put him with Sharon for a while - that would really rile the monster in the bear trap.

I hope we get a Shadam pairing again. I think there are some amazing vibes between JH and SC. Driving old Dickweed crazy would be icing on the cake!! lol

• Love 2

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I also like GT as nuPhyllis. I always wondered how a pairing with Phyllis and Adam would go as they were both so evil, power hungry and self-centered. Those two together would really be a pair to be reckoned with! Not sure how the characters are going to develop from here on out, so not sure how I would feel about that now. I did like MM & SC together for a bit even with the history; I thought Sharon was stronger in that pairing, which I liked. But, when Adam was so hateful to her during their last turn and jilted her in such a mean-spirited way....I would rather she move on to someone else. Time will tell....I will probably forgive him for that too, since I've long forgiven his worst!

• Love 3

I'm really loving this Adam reveal to Chelsea thing. He was going to out himself for her. I like that. I've always loved Adam. That's probably on a sliding scale to the level of my Victor hate, though. (Plus actors)

• Love 3

I know that JH was filming a new show awhile back and that could be the reason why we haven't seen much of him.

BUT its time for Adam to come back full time and take over Newmen!

That story was made up by somebody and was proven to be a lie. Michael Muhney (Adam) never touched HK, he barely had any scenes with her on his time on Y&R in and they weren't around each other that much. The reasons why Muhney was abruptly fired can be read here http://dailym.ai/1uwo52v

Well, the Daily Fail is not exactly a bastion of journalistic integrity, or even accuracy. The article states that he is Australian, for pete's sake. 

• Love 3