Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Whew! That's a lot of videos to watch. I bet the girls at the end of the list will get the fewest votes because by the time you're a third of the way through the videos, you're sick of them. Several messed up and I wondered if they only got one shot at it, or if they got a do-over and messed up the do-over too. A few of them were clearly thrown by the improvisation at the begining or end. The improv at the beginning was important though, because I found that it only took 15-20 seconds to decide if I liked a girl or not. If her improv was bad, I was already bored by the time she started dancing. But if she did a really high kick, or actual dancing, then I wanted to see more. A few girls just did step clap step clap or stood there and shook their poms and my mind started to wander.

I thought Shante's outfit was not a flattering choice of colors.

These are the ones who stood out for me because they didn't have any major mess ups, performed with that "power" Kelli is always talking about, and actually looked like they were enjoying themselves.

Taylor

DeAmber

Courtney R

Melissa

Erica W

Erika

Robin

Mariah

Ally

Mary

Christina

Kesha

Vivian (although she makes too many faces)

Lindsay

Anncell

ETA: The way they've got this voting set up is crap. Why don't they put the girls names next to their photos so you don't have to open and close every single one?

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
(edited)

I see that Ashley and Mallory made it but no Emily.  I wonder if she'll go back to the TSD or try out for another squad.

It looks like it will be easy to vote numerous times. I did it twice by just using a different name, email address, and  zip code. Whoever gets in the top 3 will get there by having all her friends & familly vote.  Probably half from family and the other from the fans. Vivian and Jamie admitted to it last year.

Edited by MrsEVH

I watched all the videos, and I was surprised at how bad at least half of the dancers are. And these are finalists!

Vivian did fine, but I don't think she looks any different from last year. And of course her legs don't look any longer, so I don't really understand why she's gotten this far -- I personally thought she looked fine in the uniform last year but K&J were pretty clear about thinking she doesn't have the right body type, so why invite her to finals?

Vivian's army has been activated. As of this moment, she's #3 behind Courtney R and Loren.

I'm comparing Vivian's two videos: last year and this year.

Her thighs look leaner than they did last year. But not enough to notice unless you're actively looking to see a difference. Could be the outfit is making a difference too. What do you guys think. Do my eyes deceive me, or is there a difference?

She's a beautiful girl. I'd vote for her, except she has enough people in her crew so I'm saving my votes for other people I like just as well.

• Love 1

I noticed maybe half of the girls are from pro/semi pro squads; the rest are just college/HS cheerleaders or dancers.

Here's the breakdown:

Allen American Ice Angels: Vivian, Yijao, Alexandra (Vivian- finalist & TCC - last year)

Texas Legends Dancers:  Shelby, Courtney, Kelli ( all 3 finalists- last year)

Texas Star Dancers: Mallory, Ashley, Caila ( Mallory & Ashley -finalists last year, Ashley-TCC)

Dallas Stars Ice Girls:  DeAmber ( also a former TLD)

Dallas Mavs Dancers: Loren (2008)

Seattle SeaGals: Michelle P.

Texas Stars Ice girls: Teresa (also former CapitoL City dancer-Austin Toros)

Spurs Silver Dancers- Anncell., Heather

Laker Girls: Anncell

Tampa Bay Bucs: Meagan

Houston Texans  - Shante (former Houston Dynamo Girl)

San Francisco Gold Rush: Mariah

Whitney, De'Janae, and Breelan were also finalists last year

• Love 1

I'm comparing Vivian's two videos: last year and this year.

Her thighs look leaner than they did last year. But not enough to notice unless you're actively looking to see a difference. Could be the outfit is making a difference too. What do you guys think. Do my eyes deceive me, or is there a difference?

No, I think you're right; she's somewhat thinner than when she originally auditioned last year. But I think she looks the same as she did when she was cut from training camp. 

(edited)

I was worried that the girls on page 2 would get shut out because of dance/music fatigue but I was happy to note that the pictures seem to rotate each time you go back. Unfortunately I thought I had a really good top ten and then I exited by mistake so I had to go back.

Unfortunately the second time around I missed Anncell (couldn't remember them all and didn't want to watch all the videos again). I really liked her and hope she makes it.

And I agree with a poster before me that it seems like there's a lot of subpar dancing in this year's crop. Too timid or messy was noticed by me a lot.

And I agree that Vivian does look a smidge leaner but you have to look for it.

Edited by SanLynn

Ooops...  The twins from last year did not make it to finals.  Vivian's dancing is stronger, but I do not see much difference in her body type.  She is the top vote getter.  I am hoping someone else would be voting into TC.

(edited)

Are you guys going by the videos or the girls dance resumes when voting? I found myself being impressed with the girl's resume then playing the video only to be disappointed in the girl's dance ability/presentation.

Edited by lscobee
  • Love 1

I am going by both.  Some of the girls, in my opinion, are bad, but they may have been nervous and tired at the time the videos were made.  To be honest about it, the majority of the girls look the same and none of them stand out to me.  Of course, my opinions will probably change once the new season starts, and we can see the personalities along with the dancing and dance resumes.

If I were Vivian, I don’t know that I would want to make it into training camp this year by the fan vote.  I would want to make it back because Kelli and the judges picked me.  If Kelli and the other judges don’t like her body this year, they will cut her again, regardless of the van vote.  I do think Vivian shouldn’t have been cut last year for her body, but if that is what Kelli wants, I don’t think winning the fan vote again is going to help.

Did they say last year if Vivian was going to make it to training camp anyway?

Alexandra does resemble Jackie.

• Love 1

Did they say last year if Vivian was going to make it to training camp anyway?

I believe she was told when in Kelli's office that they would have picked her anyway.. I remember judge Micky liked Vivian.

(edited)
Are you guys going by the videos or the girls dance resumes when voting?

I watched all of the videos and jotted down the ones I liked. Then I went back and look at the resumes, and realized that most of the other girls who have experience from other teams didn't impress me. Anncell, Courtney R, and Mariah did, and I thought DeAmber was pretty good. But that was about it.

Several of the dancers are from that Kilgore Rangerettes team that's famous in Texas. I think they're probably more impressive with the kickline. I wish we could see those videos too.  I would've eliminated anyone with bad kicks from my vote.

Edited by sleepyjean
(edited)

I noticed a few things looking at the girl's resumes:

AI (from Japan)  is the oldest @ 30

A lot of 18 & 19 yr olds this year (more than other years).

Anel (22) has NOTHING listed under experience/awards (reminds me of Ashley Kelly)

Caila was a Jr DCC

Some finalists that are on current squads didn't dance that well. It could be nerves, a different type of dance routine, or a hard combination to learn. I guess that's why they bring them to TC to see what they can learn and weed out the ones. they can't. I would love to see Vivian make it but I'm afraid she'll go the same route as Grace, Elizabeth, and Katie for body type. They weren't given a 2nd chance even though they were encouraged to try out again.

Edited by MrsEVH

One thing I noticed is that all of the finalists audition numbers are between 1 and 110. Did they renumber them for semi finals, or is that a coincidence? Maybe the judges got bored and stopped paying attention after the first 100 or so?

I was really confused as to why Kelli would bring Vivian and Courtney C back. She didn't like the way Vivian looked in the boots, and she didn't care for Courtney's looks. Those are two things that really can't be changed.  What's the point of bringing them back, just to eliminate them again? But then I realized two things.

First, Kelli was nitpicking. My guess is that just about every girl they bring into training camp would be fine on the squad. Once you've eliminated the ones who don't have the kicks and can't pick up and retain choreography, Kelli has to work harder to find reasons to cut the others. That's when short legs, etc come into play.  I think I read once on TWOP that before the tv show, they used to bring in fewer people to TC and only one or two would get cut each year. But now because of the show, they bring in a lot more than they need so they can cut people, make drama for the show, and make the squad look more prestigious and selective. I haven't kept track of how many they've accepted to TC each year since the show started. I wonder if it's gone up even more each year?

Second, it's all relative. All of the rookie candidates will have flaws. Kelli has to line them up and decide which flaws she can live with. Last year, Vivian and Courtney's flaws put them at the bottom of the list. Maybe this year the other rookie candidates will have even bigger flaws than those two, and Vivian and Courtney will rank higher on the list and make the team.

• Love 1
(edited)

Jackie, Mia, Lauren, Amelia, Mackenzie, Kim, Olivia, and Carisa are retiring.  Kaitlyn will not be coming back, and she has not preform or make appearances since late October/early November.

I hope Jackie, Mia, Lauren, Amelia, and Mackenzie try out for the All-Star team.

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)

Someone posted on TWOP Kaitlin was put on performance restriction for weight gain in late October.  She was not part of performances or has made any appearances since then. She still has her DCC twitter page and on the DCC squad page.  Also, in some articles, the number of the girls on the team has been 38 not 39 (meaning Kaitlin is technically not part of the team.)

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)

Just watched the Fan Vote videos.. here are my observations:

1) Anncell is amazing!  

2) I loved watching Lauren (girl with fishnet sleeves), she was probably my favorite.  

3) Question:  how is someone who has danced in the "Moscow Russian Ballet" not able to do a double turn (mariah)?

3) I think Vivian is really pretty and i hope she makes it this year, but if one of her criticisms last training camp was that she came off "raunchy", I wonder what was going through her head when she thought a leopard print top would be a good idea for this year's tryouts.  And she really needs to tone down those faces she makes when she dances.

4) My favorite part of the bios was learning Courtney Corbeille's age.  Up close she doesn't look a day under 40, but from more than a few feet away you would think she was 15!  It's quite fascinating really.

Edited by ThreaLevelMidnight

I almost wish we would have a vet doing the dance as a demo so we could judge exactly what we should be seeing.  I am surprised that so many lack follow through on the moves and there is not the power that Kelli is always talking about.

I almost wish we would have a vet doing the dance as a demo so we could judge exactly what we should be seeing.  I am surprised that so many lack follow through on the moves and there is not the power that Kelli is always talking about.

I love that idea.

(edited)

Today is interview day.  Will someone forget who the president or vice president is or what a political party is.  Will a veteran have a brain freeze  during the interview and cause the judges to vote against her.

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)

Today is interview day.  Will someone forget who the president or vice president is or what a political party is.  Will a veteran have a brain freeze  during the interview and cause the judges to vote against her.

How about forgetting the words to the Star Spangled Banner? I can't remember what season they did that. 

I thought of that this morning. On our local news there was a story where  reporter asked people to sing the SSB and you'd be surprised how many people  DO NOT know the words. That was a song (also America The Beautiful) we sang a lot in school back in the 70s. 

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)

I would rather they get rid of the fan vote.  It reminds me of high school when it came to voting for Homecoming Queen and King.  People find ways of getting around voting just once, and the girls have family and friends voting for them.  In my opinion, it is a popularity contest.

Personally, I would rather see more of the finals.  Show the rookies and vets dancing next to each other on the field, show all the solo routines, all the girls being interviewed and not focus on the the judges decided on certain girls going to TC.  Show the judges talking about all the girls and how deserves or should not go on to TC.  Have a two or three episodes on that and then go on to TC.  Prelims and semi-finals are nice, but I would rather have more focus on finals.

Edited by bigskygirl

I would rather they get rid of the fan vote.  It reminds me of high school when it came to voting for Homecoming Queen and King.  People find ways of getting around voting just once, and the girls have family and friends voting for them.  In my opinion, it is a popularity contest.

Personally, I would rather see more of the finals.  Show the rookies and vets dancing next to each other on the field, show all the solo routines, all the girls being interviewed and not focus on the the judges decided on certain girls going to TC.  Show the judges talking about all the girls and how deserves or should not go on to TC.  Have a two or three episodes on that and then go on to TC.  Prelims and semi-finals are nice, but I would rather have more focus on finals.

Good points.

What would happen if any of the top 3 or the winner do not make the final squad? It happened last year where 1 (Jamie) of the 3 didn't make it to TC and the other 2 ( Kathryn & Vivian) got cut.. I bet that fan vote would be gone next year if it happens again. Like you said it's just a popularity contest and it is easy to vote more than one time. I did it using a different version of my name and one of my other email addresses ( I have 3).. In fact just to test it, I used a fake name and email and it worked!. .

Last year, did they show the kickline on the field? The one where the girls are broken up into groups of 5 mixed in with vets

Stop wasting time showing the ones (out of shape, bad dancers ) that will not make it even to semi finals...

I think they show some of the girls doing the kickline at finals since the fans get so excited about it, and it has to be perfect.  *lol*  I have seasons 6, 7, and 8 on iTunes since my blasted cable company dropped CMT before the last season 5 episode.

Does everyone think all 30 veterans will make it back on the team?  Or will someone(s) be cut at finals or cut during TC?

Hi All!

I have to say it is REALLY bothering me that Vivian is taking over the fan vote AGAIN.  She did it once and was told she would have made it to training camp without the vote, she is on Kelli's radar, not understanding why she has to have the fan vote again.  I was a champion before but now, not so much.   

• Love 1

I agree!!!  Why is it so fire important for her to win the fan vote.  Is she worried she will not make it into TC without it.  Use your talent to get in, not your family and friends.  Loren is no. 2, and I think she is a better dancer and looks good (not saying Vivian does not look good.)

Hi All!

I have to say it is REALLY bothering me that Vivian is taking over the fan vote AGAIN.  She did it once and was told she would have made it to training camp without the vote, she is on Kelli's radar, not understanding why she has to have the fan vote again.  I was a champion before but now, not so much.   

She probably wants to be a DCC so bad and the vote is a guaranted in to TC..

(edited)

May have a guarantee into TC, but this is not a guarantee spot on the team.

Btw, speaking of Homecoming Queen, Vivian listed Homecoming Queen as an award/honor.  *lol*

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)

May have a guarantee into TC, but this is not a guarantee a spot on the team.

Btw, speaking of Homecoming Queen, Vivian listed Homecoming Queen as an award/honor.  *lol*

There's one finalist (I mentioned in an earlier post) Anel, that has NOTHING listed for experience or honors/awards. Don't know if she forgot or just doesn't have anything to put down. I noticed some of finalists that are currently TLDs (Courtney) or TSDs (Caila, Ashley, Mallory) don't have it in their profiles. Are they ashamed?

Edited by MrsEVH

Vivian is turning into Karissa, Vol II. She bugs me. If a zillion people vote for her, it's not going to stop them for thinking her legs are too big, if that's what they think. I think she should have been exempt from the fan vote.

It won't let me vote on my phone...

• Love 1

To me, Vivian is really annoying.  I don't like that she is monopolizing the fan vote, she doesn't have the "look" that the DCC seems to favor, plus she looks short and squat in the uniform and boots.  When they did the cameo shots episode in season 8 in the uniform, the first thing I thought was "no way!"

She needs to just move along and do something else, not monopolize a spot in training camp (if she gets there) that someone else deserves more than she does.

Combining veterans and rookies occurs tomorrow (Saturday) after the interviews.   It helps to identify struggling rookies but it also puts a few borderline vets at risk if the rookies are out-dancing them,