Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I know finals are when they do a solo and compete against the vets.

Are semi finals when they just do a free style dance and get selected?

Or is it when do they learn a combination and kickline and then have to perform it in front the judges?

(edited)

Prelims-free style dancing

Semi-finals-dance routine and kick line

Finals-Interviews, test on current events, Cowboy team history, and NFL information, solo routine, dance routine and kick line on the field

Edited by bigskygirl

For whatever reason, the Texans Cheerleaders have been getting way, way more girls auditioning in recent years than DCC. I believe this year they had about 1,200 girls audition for Texans Cheerleaders, whereas you only get “600 girls" auditioning for DCC if you skip bib numbers to make it seem like more. They for sure do that, as it was mentioned in a behind the Scenes report. 

(edited)

I recognized a couple of girls from other squads.

EDITED: Vivian made it to finals and so did her Ice Angels friends. She said she was the last to be called.

Haven't heard anything about the fan vote yet.

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)

Kathryn Dunn did not audition. She will be re-auditioning for another year with the mavs

Vivian made it to finals.

Courtney Corbeille auditioned again. If I recally correctly, she was the one who was on bring it on the musical. She made it to semis. I don't know if she made it to finals.

Edited by sleepyjean
(edited)

Only three AAIA dancers made it to finals: Vivian, Yijiao and Alexandra.  Amy did not make it.  Besides Courtney Johnson, here are others I know of that made it to finals (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put last names so I'll leave that part out for now... if one of y'all tells me otherwise then I can add them):  Caila Michelle, Taylor Nicole, Teresa A, Carolyn A, Jamie V, Breelan S, Jenny D and Allyson H (might be known as Allyson Shea on the show, or Ally).

Edited by ThreaLevelMidnight
  • Love 1
(edited)

Of the Texas Star Dancers, I think the only one I know for sure that made it to Finals was Caila Michelle. I don't know about Mallory or Emily. Shelbi didn't either.

Baylor Ashley auditioned, but I can't find anything about whether she made it or or not.

Bring it On Courtney made it again to Finals as well.

Edited by Italian Ice
(edited)

I don't know whether to appreciate DJ EJ for all the selfies because they are so informative, or to dislike him a great deal because they are so numerous. He has to be in every single photo? He thinks he's adorable.

At any rate, we know that now that Melissa Rycroft's 15 minutes are just about up, she's got plenty of time for DCC auditions.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1

When will the fan vote happen?  I want to see the finalists.  I have nothing against Vivian, but I hope another girl gets voted into TC and hopefully will make the team.

Jamie V?  Is she the one who tried out a few times but did not make TC (red head-the one with the apple and the tree Miss Kitty went after.)

(edited)

Yeah that's Jamie, and yes, she's still trying.

It looks like Mallory from Texas Star Dancers made Finals as well. It's almost a prereq nowadays to have been on another team first to even make it to Finals.

ETA-Through a little bit of fancy finangling, I was able to get the HQ version of the Finalists pic posted above. Can anyone tell some more faces better now?

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/p/10342819_438634772947712_4567730504300218003_n.jpg

Is that Buffalo Wild Wings girl in the top row, third from the left? I also don't see Tessa, unfortch :(

Edited by Italian Ice

I think I see her.  I hope Tessa made it to finals since she had the nasty knee injury/surgery last year.  They took Rachel, and in my opinion, Rachel seems suck up and not that great of a dancer.

(edited)

According to twitter Legends dancers Courtney (bring it on), Kelli and Shelby made to finals. All 3 were finalists (fan vote) last year.

Ice Angels Brittany, Brieana, and Amy  didn't make it. 

Where is that picture of the finalists from? I couldn't find it on the DCC Twitter or Facebook pages. When are they going to post the fan vote page? I'm dying to see who made it because it's hard to see whose who in that posted picture.

It's interesting when a couple of girls from the same squad (ex: Ice Angels,  Texas Star dancers) all audition together but only some make it. I wonder if there's any jealousy, hard feelings, or are they happy for each other? Do the ones they didn't make it go down the same audition route ( Mavs, Ice girls, Ice angels, TS Dancers, Legends dancers, etc.) until  they finally make a squad?

Edited by MrsEVH

I don't know whether to appreciate DJ EJ for all the selfies because they are so informative, or to dislike him a great deal because they are so numerous. He has to be in every single photo? He thinks he's adorable.

At any rate, we know that now that Melissa Rycroft's 15 minutes are just about up, she's got plenty of time for DCC auditions.

Melissa had a baby boy on April 22,  I doubt she would be out of town for work.    Natalie Woods was a guest judge also.

(edited)
Wonder why Melissa and Natalie were ask to be guest judges.

Probably because they are celebrities. Melissa is well-known, and I think Natalie is a local celeb.  I'm really surprised the fan vote videos aren't online yet. Aren't finals on Saturday? It seemed like there was more time to vote last year, but I may be remembering wrongly. I hope the choreography is better this year. All I remember from last year was that awkward hoe-down move that looked so silly.

ETA: Here's a link to last year's videos. Hoe-down 12 seconds in. Very interesting to watch a year later, knowing which ones made the team. Emily and Tessa's kicks were crazy low. I hope they've worked on that. I forgot how much I liked Breelan and Whitney. I hope both are back this year.

Emily has changed her look and is so much prettier with darker hair. I forgot how orange and blonde she was last year.

Where are all the photos from auditions? Isn't there a local station in dallas that usually has tons of photos? And there's nothing on the DCC site or facebook. They really should hire someone to keep them up to date. I don't really care about swimsuit fittings.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but Sasha Agent has a new blog all about auditioning for cheer teams, and she also coaches girls for their auditions. So it would be a conflict of interest to have her judge.

I love her and I'm so excited she is back on the Internet!

http://www.cheertime101.com/

Her twitter handle is Snafierce

I'm bummed Tessa didn't make it!  I wonder if her knee didn't heal all the way and her dance wasn't as good as last year? My only other guess would be weight gain, but I'd be surprised if that was the case, given that she looked great last year and when she was with the Colts. 

It doesn't surprise me that Tessa got cut. I was actually surprised last year when she was chosen for training camp. Her kicks are a real problem. At their highest, her toes were barely making it as high as her head. Meanwhile, girls to the right and left of her were kicking their ankles right up next to their ears. There's really no point taking her into finals when they already know that even when she works on her ass off on her kicks, they are still far below the standard. Kelli has let low kickers on in the past (Loni, Kali) but those two were both stunningly beautiful, and I think that's why an exception was made for them.

I don't think that girl is pregnant, just thick.

No fan vote thing yet. Maybe they're figuring out how to do it? It would be totally unfair if Vivian wins it two years in a row. I hope she's taken out of conention, even though I really like her. Give another girl a chance

• Love 1

No fan vote thing yet. Maybe they're figuring out how to do it? It would be totally unfair if Vivian wins it two years in a row. I hope she's taken out of conention, even though I really like her. Give another girl a chance

Somebody's posted a Fan Vote link for Vivian on Twitter but I can't figure out how to get to the other girls