Type keyword(s) to search

Foly Huck! Bill Watterson Returns To Somics. Sort Of.

Kromm
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Here's the bookend strips in that plot (that Stephan Pastis blog didn't link to it, because he was only including the ones with actual art by Watterson). But they start and finish out the story, so here they are.  The last one (the sixth strip of that week overall), is also a kind of tribute to C&H, because well... if you know C&H you'll get it (hint: the sled).

iktbGJB.gif

BCuFADT.gif

[Now go back and read the three strips already posted in the initial post here]

0bCRJph.gif

Also, what's better than reading Stephan Pastis' explanation of all of this?   I'll tell you.  Reading WATTERSON'S.  I don't know what magic spell the Washington Post used to get Watterson to pick up his phone (he's spent decades NOT doing so), but I'd guess its the charity nature of this (if you missed it from Pastis' piece that's the whole cause of this--it's linked back to a charity) softened him up a bit.  Anyway, here's the Washington Post's article, including their talk with Watterson.

BTW: Apologies to the immortal Bill Watterson.  I must have been too stunned by this actually happening and thus allowed myself to misspell his name in the thread title (I'm one "t" under).  BizBuzz does that little shield next to your name mean you might be able to correct that?

Edited by Kromm