Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

13 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Hahaahaahaahahaaa! 🤣😂🤣😂😆  Yeah he does!  

Who wrote that? That's hilarious!!!!!

I also love how Felicity is like one of those urban legend things where if you chant her name a few times Oliver will appear and might beat you up depending on who you are.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, tv echo said:

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Who wrote that? That's hilarious!!!!!

I love her reviews (even her crazy theories) but I rarely get to read more than what TVEcho posts since my wifi is so slow loading her fun but gif heavy pages.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
On 11/27/2018 at 6:54 PM, BkWurm1 said:

But mostly I just kept watching Diggle vanish again and again and again

If it weren't Bamford directing, I'd say that it was a metaphor for Diggle as Felicity's friend this season.

• Love 5

What aired on TV was clearly not clear (intentionally vague? or director's fault?), since some people believe that Diaz is now dead...

Arrow, ‘The Slabside Redemption’: Diaz’s Story Is Resolved with an Action-Packed Episode
BY CRAIG WACK · NOVEMBER 28, 2018
http://oohlo.com/2018/11/28/arrow-the-slabside-redemption-diazs-story-is-resolved-with-an-action-packed-episode/

Our long national nightmare is over. By all indications, Ricardo Diaz — the Cleveland Browns of Arrow villains — is dead. True, we saw no body, but we can prey his death sticks this time around, because bringing him back would undercut what was one of the most scintillating episodes the series has produced in a long while.  Here’s everything you need to know about the latest episode of Arrow:
What’s the scoop:  No more split stories. Ollie is shipping out on the same day Diaz is transferring in. Of course, Diaz pays off a guard, and mayhem begins. Simple, elegant, and Laurel-free.
Sex and the Olicity: They gave fans what we have been yearning for all season. The sunlight of freedom may have been the first to kiss Oliver’s face; Felicity wasn’t too far behind.

What about the action: It was wall-to-wall, edge-to-edge. The prison riot allowed plenty of opportunity for the kind of closed-quarters fighting made famous by Daredevil and Into the Badlands. Arrow‘s version wasn’t as brutal as the Devil in Hell’s Kitchen, or as balletic as the Badlands, but given the restrictions of both budget and network censors, this episode pushed the limits. The best battle happened when Ollie and ex-ARGUS agent Turner teamed up to fight their way through the commissary to Diaz. The final battle between Ollie and Diaz was indicative of the whole Diaz arc: a lot of brutality and exposition from Diaz, and a quick reversal by Ollie at the end.
Last impressions:  It’s extremely difficult to pull off an episode like this, and the degree of difficulty only increases when you consider Stephen Amell was likely doing some kind of work on the Elseworlds crossover. Oliver is a much, much different man than he was when this series began. Despite all that happened to him in prison, Ollie stuck to his new code by punishing (not executing) the wicked, and protecting the innocent (even if the halos on the guards are a little tarnished). Ricardo Diaz has more than served his purpose, so bring on the next villain and stoke the fires of Old Team Arrow vs. New Team Arrow, Ollie is coming home.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Arrow Review: The Slabside Redemption (Season 7 Episode 7)
November 27, 2018  Brianna Martinez
https://www.telltaletv.com/2018/11/arrow-review-the-slabside-redemption-season-7-episode-7/

With freedom imminent, Oliver has one more obstacle before he can leave Slabside behind in an hour that is heavy on the action and offers few solid character moments on Arrow Season 7 Episode 7, “Slabside Redemption.”
But seeing Oliver working with Turner to try and prevent as many prison guard deaths as possible and taking moments in between to highlight the ways prison has changed Oliver for potentially the better are some of my favorite moments from the hour.
So now with what seems like this acceptance that has been building over the last few episodes, hopefully, he comes out of the whole situation with the realization that there’s no single right answer or way to go about things for the sake of the greater good.

Considering how Felicity has fared so far this season, I think that that realization would help her and Oliver understand each other even better than before.
Diaz continues to be not so much frightening as insufferable throughout the hour when he decides to pop up. He’s never been a particularly strong villain (see: my thoughts on how they went wrong in season 6 ). But any potential fear or ominousness he could have earned from building a sturdy villainous foundation is lost when we Stanley really lets loose in “Slabside Redemption.”

We really see two different sides to Stanley as the riot continues and when he goes off on Oliver. Brendan Fletcher does a fantastic job conveying the duality of Stanley’s personality and takes it to delightfully unnerving heights.
That shot of Oliver limping out of Slabside and seemingly letting out a breath of relief that he’s free is one of my favorite shots of the episode because of what it reveals about where we find Oliver at that moment—walking towards freedom, his family, and everything he left behind when he decided to sacrifice it all to keep them safe.

It’s lovely and leads to the long-awaited Olicity reunion. What’s impressive about their first scene together in 6 episodes is that these two are able to convey all of the happiness, relief, concern, and love without any actual words.
I’m just going to disregard that magical disappearing Diggle moment in the end.

Arrow-707-Slabside-Redemption-Olicity-Ol 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The more I read articles that talk about how good it is to close out Diaz's story in this way, the more upset I am that I know it's NOT how they are doing it.  

If people were paying close attention it's obvious though that he's still alive after Oliver stabs and head butts him into submission.  But it wouldn't be hard for someone to have blinked or glanced away in the crucial eyes opening and hand twitching moments after Oliver locked him in the cell. 

• Love 2

This TSR article was too long to quote everything that I wanted to quote, so I'll just recommend that you read the entire article (accompanied by Olicity pics)...

‘Arrow’: Happy Anniversary, Oliver And Felicity
Nov 28, 2018  by Sarah Cudlipp
https://theseriesregulars.com/happy-anniversary-olicity/

... So let’s discuss a few monumental moments to celebrate their first year of marriage!

That First Meeting Was Everything And It Will Always Be On The List
Oliver had been tortured for five years and the first season didn’t hesitate in showing us that in the flashbacks. He was also a womanizing butthole. But we had hope that there were redeeming qualities. Though it would require him to smile, something he seemed pretty short on when he came home. Then he brought a busted up laptop to a woman in IT and everything changed. While technically Oliver had seen Felicity before (something we’re still waiting for him to talk about) this was our first experience and the official meet. 
Olicity-first-meeting-e1543453523343.jpg

Oliver smiled, Felicity snarked and something happened. Not only with Oliver being forced to release a genuine smile, but in us as well. We got stars in our eyes and something told us nothing was going to be the same after that. 
(Read more)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

So now with what seems like this acceptance that has been building over the last few episodes, hopefully, he comes out of the whole situation with the realization that there’s no single right answer or way to go about things for the sake of the greater good.

Considering how Felicity has fared so far this season, I think that that realization would help her and Oliver understand each other even better than before.

I would LOVE if Oliver's time in prison taught him not to make unilateral decisions. It does seem reasonable that it would take shaking out his certainty that only he knows best in extreme circumstances.  

No spoilers...

Exclusive Interview with Arrow’s Michael Jonsson and Miranda Edwards
Stephen Amderson   November 26, 2018
https://talknerdywithus.com/2018/11/26/exclusive-interview-with-arrows-michael-jonsson-and-miranda-edwards/

Another reason for its popularity has to do with the ‘big bad’ of the season, the Longbow Hunters. I had the opportunity to sit down with two of the Longbow Hunters, Miranda Edwards (Silencer) and Michael Jonsson (Kodiak), to get their thoughts on their respective characters as well as some tidbits about what to expect the rest of the season.
What was your audition process like for Arrow? What first caught your attention about the roles?

ME: I got the sides for a character who was confident, thought a lot of herself, had a dry sense of humour and was crazy skilled in weaponry. I loved all of that. Before I went in I had my music going, then I went in and did the scene a couple of times. I felt good about it but not amazing. That night I found out they were seriously considering me and I got the official call the next day. It wasn’t until I went in for my first fitting that I discovered who the character was. Surprise! Overall, a great experience.

MJ: For the audition, the breakdown was vague. Kodiak was called something different altogether. Until I got the script, I didn’t even know I was a Longbow Hunter or Kodiak and that was three days before filming. Then, BOOM. “By the way, you are a Longbow Hunter and we’re giving you an intro at San Diego Comic-Con.”  At that point, I just said “Cool,” then went back to my car and screamed like a little giddy fanboy.

Going back to the audition, when you get vague breakdowns like that, you have to go in prepared to change whatever you prepped. You do your best with what you got and hope they like the choices you made. For this one, it was in the middle of our traditional Daddy-Son-Date-Day for the last day of school and I was happy our activities brought us past the audition. My son and daughter always bring me luck for auditions.
As someone who has been a fan of Arrow for six seasons, what can you tell fans like myself about the Longbow Hunters? How big of a threat will they, and Ricardo Diaz (Kirk Acevedo), be to Star City?

ME: You’d think that the extent of Ricardo’s threat to Star city has been established but then he goes and rounds up Red Dart (Holly Elissa), Kodiak, and Silencer. These three have the precision, strength, and stealth to take down any obstacles in their path. I’d say Star City is in for some trouble with them in the picture.

MJ: We’re badass and they keep writing us as more badass. Red Dart is so tough and nails those IDGAF looks, and Silencer has been getting a ton of love ’cause she is so cool and her tech is off the hook. How could you not want more of them?! For Kodiak, I just like to chuck people. I lift them and throw them. You could say that the shield is my thing, but really, I am more of a person-chucker.
Both of your characters share pretty much all of their scenes together. What was it like working together and developing that chemistry? Did you guys have to do any kind of chemistry read prior to getting the roles?

ME: It was so much fun! We got along immediately and were making each other laugh. That’s always a good sign. There wasn’t any chemistry read. Individual casting just worked out really well. We have a good time playing together. I think we make a good team.

MJ: We got along right away since the first day on set. The chemistry was instant. Miranda is hilarious and loves to laugh, which is exactly how I am, so that’s what happened for most of the day. Got hard to put on the mean face when you are giggling so much.

How cool was it for you to see the Silencer’s effects come to life on screen? The no-sound thing is pretty neat!

ME: Yes, very cool! I was happy to see the finished fights. It’s compelling to see that kind of action without the sound. I love it! I hope the fans do too.

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

What aired on TV was clearly not clear (intentionally vague? or director's fault?), since some people believe that Diaz is now dead...

Arrow, ‘The Slabside Redemption’: Diaz’s Story Is Resolved with an Action-Packed Episode
BY CRAIG WACK · NOVEMBER 28, 2018
http://oohlo.com/2018/11/28/arrow-the-slabside-redemption-diazs-story-is-resolved-with-an-action-packed-episode/

How this Author compare that piece of crap to my  Cleveland Browns!!!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

The more I read articles that talk about how good it is to close out Diaz's story in this way, the more upset I am that I know it's NOT how they are doing it.  

If people were paying close attention it's obvious though that he's still alive after Oliver stabs and head butts him into submission.  But it wouldn't be hard for someone to have blinked or glanced away in the crucial eyes opening and hand twitching moments after Oliver locked him in the cell. 

Well seeing how Kirk stalks the Arrow tag on twitter to see what people say about him I hope he also is reading the reviews talking about how glad he's "dead" at least lol.

• Love 5

From TVLine’s TV Questions column this week (link):

5 | On Arrow, where did Dig go when the camera panned out during Oliver and Felicity’s kiss? And as thrilling as the prison riot was: How did Bronze Tiger get out of the hole? Would high voltage cables be so accessible in a mess hall? Was it hard to worry that the all-concrete prison would burn to the ground? And how was Oliver able to lock Diaz in his cell, having blown up the latch earlier in the episode?

15 TV Moments From This Week That We Can't Stop Talking About
Nora Dominick  November 30, 2018
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-moments-of-week-11-30-18

10. Oliver and Diaz's rivalry finally came to a head in Arrow this week when Diaz broke into prison in an attempt to kill Oliver — don't worry, Oliver won.
sub-buzz-20417-1543599447-3.png?crop=869 sub-buzz-12123-1543599456-4.png?crop=902
11. Also in Arrow, Oliver was finally released from prison which led to this tender reunion between him and Felicity — this is all I've thought about all week just so you know.

anigif_sub-buzz-15441-1543599758-5.gif?d

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7

Another joint interview with these two Longbow Hunters actors (no spoilers)...

MIRANDA EDWARDS & MICHAEL JONSSON
by Trunkprc  on November 29, 2018
https://openthetrunk.com/edwards-and-jonsson/

TrunkSpace: “Arrow” has a very passionate fandom and is based on characters and a world with a very rich history. When you’re working on a project that means so much to so many people, does it carry a little bit more weight? Does it start to feel like more than just your average job?
Jonsson
: “Arrow” is WAAAAAAY more than just an average job. These fans are awesome and they observe and cherish every part of the show. Trying to live up to those types of expectations is daunting but I am going to try as hard as I can to do just that.
Edwards: I really do walk into every project with nerves. None of it is average to me. I want what I do to be as authentic as possible so I have a high standard for myself. But I found entering into this world to be quite freeing. Because I know that so many people watch and love the show. I’m really just thrilled to show up and have fun with this character. Of course, I hope the fans like what I have to bring but I’m pretty excited to bring it!
TrunkSpace: You both joined the series for the first time in the episode “The Longbow Hunters.” What can you tell us about Kodiak and Silencer and how the two get caught up in the super shenanigans to take out Oliver Queen?
Jonsson
: We do whatever Diaz tells us to do. He is the boss and it makes for some awesome fight scenes. *Spoiler* – The fight in our first episode in the train car was so much fun! Taking out a whole crew of A.R.G.U.S. was very satisfying from a supervillain perspective. BUUUT, it was that day I realized I need to start training those front kicks a little higher.
Edwards: Silencer loves any scenario where she can dispose of the annoying little obstacles in her path with a quiet quickness. The opportunity to assist Diaz in doing that suits her perfectly. Never hurts to have some partners in crime when you’re doing dirt. So we compliment each other well as the Longbow Hunters.

TrunkSpace: How closely do your characters resemble your comic book counterparts in terms of powers and abilities and did you visit the source material at all in your search for discovering who they are?
Jonsson
: Kodiak, in the comics, is the leader of The Shield Clan and is part of the Outsiders War. He IS huge, is a meta with super strength and carries a badass shield. He is also sarcastic and pokes fun at Oliver. I hope we see a lot more of that. The big difference – he’s shirtless and wears an antler skull headpiece. It’d be cool to see an arc transforming him into that.
Edwards: Well, the Silencer has to be able to create silence – that is her thing so that’s an unwavering commonality. She is also adept at taking down her foes skillfully and efficiently both in the comic and on the show. I began reading the Silencer series right away! I was excited to see the backstory that was there for me to draw from.

TrunkSpace: What did you enjoy about getting to bring a comic book character to life? What was it about your character specifically that you liked getting to inhabit?
Edwards
: I like the hero vs. villain relationship. It’s always high stakes. As Silencer everything I’m doing from moment to moment is life or death. What a great place to play in. Since she is the one who is deciding who dies and when – by the very nature of her job – she always feels powerful. And of course, in her eyes, she’s always right. Unless she’s being challenged, then she’s fighting for her life. Still life or death. Always interesting to play.
Jonsson: Being tough enough to punch people across rooms and through train doors is spectacular. I get to chuck a lot of people. That’s my thing… I chuck people. I have a cool sounding shield and I chuck people. That and the sarcasm. My humor is dark and sarcastic and is probably why I identified so well with him.

TrunkSpace: Both Silencer and Kodiak were created in what is considered the “New Age” of the DC Universe so there isn’t as much of them in print as there would be for some of the more iconic characters who have been around for decades. Does that take a bit of the pressure off, especially when you consider how the comic fandom has been known to dissect the portrayals of iconic characters over the years?
Jonsson
: No way! These fans want and deserve the best and I’m going to work my tail off to make sure this is what they get from Kodiak.
Edwards: I love that she is a new character. I enjoy having the freedom to decide where to go with her. I think there is still mystery around what drives her to do the things she does. That leaves something for me to explore. I like that the fans care about these characters and I look at their attention as a positive. It’s what keeps the DC Universe alive.

TrunkSpace: What has been the most enjoyable part of your “Arrow” journey thus far?
Jonsson
: Hanging with one of the best cast and crews around. Everyone on the show is so fun, especially my fellow Longbow Hunters. Miranda and Holly (Elissa) crack me up the whole time. They are not only talented and fierce actors, but they also have incredible personalities making them easy to get along with.
Edwards: Lot’s of action, fun cast, great crew and getting to watch the show and see how it’s received is fun too. Putting on a costume and becoming this other woman is THE most fun!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 11/29/2018 at 9:15 AM, BkWurm1 said:

To me it says just how much they want him dead. I hope Beth and MG are paying attention-- they can't blame this one on rabid Olicity fans.

• Love 7

I was browsing the Arrow FB page and there are so many comments from people who just want the Diaz story to be done already. The lack of audience love for him as a character and villain seems to be widespread. 

• Love 3

Shirley Li and Chancellor Agard discussed 707 of Arrow (among other things) on EW's Superhero Insider podcast yesterday...

-- Arrow 707: Chancellor and Shirley both liked it. Chancellor said that this episode, "more than anything else, was a showcase" for James Bamford. He noted that Bamford made good use of the prison's three levels. Shirley thought that "the shots were really dynamic."

-- They both also criticized 707. Shirley thought, "god, when is this action going to be over?" Chancellor "didn't connect emotionally with the episode." He said that, when you think about all of Arrow's "best moments," it wasn't just about Oliver, "it's about Oliver, Felicity and Diggle. Or other characters. Not just about how Oliver's feeling, but how the characters are reacting to this, how it affects them." While Chancellor understood why Felicity and Diggle didn't show up until the final scene (here, he and Shirley joked about Diggle's disappearance from the wide shot), he "wasn't into the episode emotionally" and noted that "we've seen Oliver do this before," like on The Amazo or in Russia. Shirley agreed, saying: "I felt it was more of a highlight reel of what these shows can pull off, instead of an actual story." Chancellor: "Yes. Exactly." 

-- Shirley said that, while it wasn't fair to compare Arrow to Daredevil (because of budget differences), Matt's fighting his way out of a prison drew her in "emotionally" because "there's a certain desperation to his fighting." In 707, however, she felt it was more like, "Wow, look how many punches and kicks we can land, without anyone actually being hurt or in danger. The stakes weren't high enough." (I guess she didn't count the dead prison guards.) She did like the final Oliver-Diaz fight and the flames backdrop but she always thought that Oliver would be fine. 

-- Shirley said that she did like "the artistry" of what Bamford did in 707 and wanted him to do "more of these ambitious fight sequences." However, she said that "the story still has to serve it... It has to go both ways. These fight scenes have to serve the story. The story has to serve the fight scenes."

-- Chancellor did like it when Oliver and Bronze Tiger fought together. He noted it was a sign of Oliver's character development because Oliver usually likes to hold a grudge. Shirley agreed that it was a character flaw for Oliver.

-- Trivia: Chancellor said that Jeremy Davies auditioned for Arrow three years ago, for the role of Damien Darhk.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Huh? If Oliver leaves the new "dark" Felicity, his love is pretty shallow because then he only loved her for what she could do for him (lighten up his dark)...

Arrow - The Slabside Redemption - Review
Posted by Lisa Macklem at December 01, 2018
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/12/arrow-slabside-redemption-review.html

Oliver and Diaz fight – and Diaz is clearly winning. They end up in Oliver’s cell, and Diaz drops the bomb that Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) was going to shoot him. Oliver refuses to believe it. And this will no doubt be the tired old story arc for the second half of the season. Any bets that Oliver will leave the new “dark” Felicity by the end of the season – or at least they will be estranged by February sweeps.

• Love 4

Oliver would be less likely than ever to leave Felicity if he was worried she was going darker.  He didn't at all distance himself in season five with Helix.  She did what she felt was right, that he felt was too dark, and they basically started getting back together the next day.  This should not be a problem even if he does worry, lol.  

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Oliver would be less likely than ever to leave Felicity if he was worried she was going darker.  He didn't at all distance himself in season five with Helix.  She did what she felt was right, that he felt was too dark, and they basically started getting back together the next day.  This should not be a problem even if he does worry, lol.  

Ahh I still remember S5 when that awful woman was kidnapped and in the same episode Oliver suspected Felicity was going dark so he was all "Let's take a moment to talk about your feelings and foray into darkness, shady woman is not likely to die yet."

• Love 8

Just because I saw the gif a few days ago, remember when Felicity was bitchy because of shrunken Ray and she told Oliver they should talk and my guy looked like he was about to panic because she might break up with him? Good times. 

Really though, if he were to dump her over this "dark" arc after everything she's put up with on his end then good riddance. But I don't see that ever happening. 

• Love 9

I ... don't even know what to say except ... seriously? 

11 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Really though, if he were to dump her over this "dark" arc after everything she's put up with on his end then good riddance. But I don't see that ever happening. 

Right? I'd probably get close to S5 "I hate Oliver" territory if Oliver leaves Felicity because of what she had to do when no one else would help her. Felicity has no one on her side right now. It's one thing when her "friends" abandon her and don't care that she was almost murdered. The writers can ignore that like they are. They couldn't do that if it's her husband who does it. 

Will there be tension? Probably. But tension and angst don't equal a breakup.

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

did they get a wishful Redditor to write that?

It does sound like something I'd read on Reddit, not gonna lie. (Although it's not followed by "and then Oliver and Laurel will get together because she's redeemed and good," so maybe not? Though I haven't read anything from the review not quoted here.) 

• Love 1

'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Breaks Down the "Unique" Action-Packed Prison Episode
By NICOLE DRUM - December 1, 2018
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/12/02/arrow-stephen-amell-slabside-redemption-unique-episode/

In an appearance at Heroes and Villains Fan Fest in San Jose on Saturday, Amell told fans that one of the major differences about the episode [7x07], from a behind-the-scenes perspective, was the script itself.
"Normally when a script comes in, like I just read the script for episode 7x13, it came in at 58 pages," Amell said. "A lot of that is screen direction. This script came in at I think 29, 30 pages because normally the stage direction is very specific to how the fights and action sequences happen. In this one the stage direction just said, 'James make a cool fight' and went back to the dialogue."
"It was a very unique episode for us, I hope that the response we've gotten to it, which has been very heart warming and rewarding for a show that's as far in as we are, I hope they look at that and we look at more episodes similar, may be where it's two people in a room, like a one-act play or something that's off typical format," Amell said.

DC TV Watch: 'The Flash' Pulls Back Curtain on Big Bad
DECEMBER 01, 2018 8:15am PT by Sydney Bucksbaum
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dc-tv-watch-flash-cicada-origin-story-1165037

Arrow

The big news: In one of Arrow's most action-packed and stunt heavy episodes yet, Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) finally got released from prison while also making sure that Diaz (Kirk Acevedo) stayed locked up as he left.

What it means: While the hour was full of brutal fights and impressive stunts and choreography, not much happened in the bottle episode aside from Oliver and Diaz's final confrontation. It does show how far Oliver has come, however, by not killing Diaz when he had the chance. Instead he chose to turn his back on the villain and choose his life outside of prison, focusing on reuniting with Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) over revenge. But does Oliver's release and Diaz's imprisonment mean that Arrow is closing the chapter on the Dragon and the Longbow Hunters for good? Will the show get a new big bad now?

Other noteworthy moments: Oliver's prison BFF Stanley (Brendan Fletcher) definitely took after his DC Comics alter ego in the end. While he was assumed to be wrongfully convicted of murder, he showed his true colors in this week's episode and revealed that he was indeed a serial killer. Is he the "Star City Slayer" like his in the comics? Will Stanley's story come back to haunt Oliver?

Edited by tv echo
9 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I hope they look at that and we look at more episodes similar, may be where it's two people in a room, like a one-act play or something that's off typical format," Amell said.

As long as it's Oliver and Felicity I'm all for it.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

As long as it's Oliver and Felicity I'm all for it.

I was just going to say how much I'd love to see them let Stephen and Emily loose to do something like that. We've heard so many times how their scenes as acted turn out different from the scenes as written. It would be awesome to let them improvise a whole scene (or multiple scenes).

• Love 4

Arrow recap: The new Green Arrow is unmasked!
CHANCELLOR AGARD  December 03, 2018
https://ew.com/recap/arrow-season-7-episode-8/

“Unmasked,” season 7’s midseason finale and the strongest episode of the season, revealed that the new Green Arrow is none other than Emiko Queen (played by Sea Shimooka), Robert Queen’s secret daughter and Oliver’s half-sister. The installment began teasing this reveal from the first scene, which showed Emiko working out before throwing on the new Green Arrow costume. At this point, we didn’t know her name or relationship to Oliver; however, the scene purposefully and effectively evoked season 1’s ab-filled training montages and thus primed us for the episode’s final scene in which Emiko visits Robert’s grave and refers to him as dad while talking about how similar she and Oliver are. As was the case in “The Demon,” this surprise should’ve been evident. I mean, the season premiere ended with crossing names out of a book that looked like the one Oliver got from his deceased father way back when.
Honestly, Emiko wasn’t even the most interesting thing about the episode (he says after writing over 600 words about her). The rest of the hour was concerned with Oliver, who’s planning his life post-prison and adjusting to how Felicity has changed since he went away.
Having Oliver out of prison and working with some of Team Arrow was one of the best things about this episode. While I enjoyed his stay in prison, it still felt like there was something missing because Oliver was so isolated from everyone else in the storyline, and the point that Arrow has made time and again is that Oliver is who he is (and worth watching) because of his relationship with these people. Thankfully, the episode wastes very little time in having him team-up with Dinah and Rene to figure out what’s going on. Their investigation eventually clears NGA’s name, but raise more questions.

...  I’ll admit, it was great seeing Stephen Amell back in the green suit; however, it is kind of weird that the show has turned Green Arrow into a part of law enforcement. I can’t totally explain why it makes me a tiny bit but uncomfortable, but I’ll take it because it means we get the real Green Arrow back.
Oliver’s life isn’t completely back to normal, though. Before Oliver took Max down, Max sent an assassin to kill Oliver and Felicity, who responded by pulling a gun on the guy, much to Oliver’s surprise. Last week, Diaz cruelly teased Oliver with the knowledge that Felicity tried to kill him and has changed since Oliver’s been away, and in this episode, Oliver finally sees what he meant and doesn’t like it because he feels like he’s losing the woman he fell in love with. To be fair, and as Felicity pointed out, she became this way because of a unilateral decision he made that altered her life forever. Unfortunately, this isn’t something the couple will easily get past. At the end of the episode, Felicity simply says, “I just don’t know if what’s best for me right now is the same thing as what’s best for us.” While I’m not looking forward to more Olicity drama, it does feel as though the show is respecting Felicity’s point of view by not having her revert back to who she was just because it’s what Oliver wants.
Meanwhile, in the future, Dinah, William, and Zoe discover that Blackstar, the last person Felicity contacted before she died, is actually a street-fighter named Maya, played by Shadowhunters’ Katherine McNamara. Maya denies knowing what happened to Felicity, but after a quick sweep of her office, the trio discovers that she’s still planning on going through with the bombing. Unfortunately, they don’t have any equipment to stop her, which means they need to head to the Glades and ask Rene for help, which is the last thing Zoe wants to do. While it still feels too early to judge the flash-forwards, I don’t think they’re working for me at the moment. There’s just way too much mystery and not enough concrete information to make me invested.
- Arrow gave into some bad habits in this episode, too. After discovering that the Longbow Hunters are connected to that Dante painting they’re investigating, Diggle and Lyla turn to Diaz for help, but decide not to tell Oliver — because nothing ever goes wrong on this show when we keep secrets!

Edited by tv echo

'Arrow': 7 Questions Raised by "Unmasked"
By NICOLE DRUM - December 3, 2018
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/12/04/arrow-7-questions-raised-unmasked-green-arrow/

WHAT'S NEXT FOR OLICITY?

Last week we saw Oliver and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) happily reunited outside the gates of Slabside prison, but this week things don't look quite so domestic for the fan-favorite couple. Felicity has clearly changed while Oliver was in prison, something that Oliver finds out firsthand when, upon being attacked by an arrow-wielding assassin Felicity pulls a gun -- and she's more than prepared to use it.

And, it gets deeper than that. Felicity tells Oliver that what's best for her may not be what's best for their relationship. It's a powerful and heartbreaking moment -- and we're sure Olicity fans are not happy about this at all.
WHAT IS MAYA'S CONNECTION TO FELICITY?
Maya vaguely hinted that she and Felicity had worked together on some sort of illegal work in the past, and she was surprised to learn that she'd died. She revealed that Felicity had contacted her to get tools to build a bomb, which lines up with her plans to potentially level Star City.

But...who is she? A few fans have already started speculating that it wouldn't be impossible for Maya to turn out to be Felicity and Oliver's daughter, though if that ends up being the case there are a whole new set of questions that brings up -- the biggest one being why she doesn't know William and William doesn't know her.

WHAT'S NEXT FOR TEAM ARROW?
WHAT'S NEXT FOR OLIVER?
WHAT'S NEXT FOR OLICITY?
SO, WHAT'S UP WITH RENE IN THE FUTURE?
ARE DIGGLE AND LYLA REALLY WORKING WITH DIAZ?
WHAT IS MAYA'S CONNECTION TO FELICITY?
WHO IS THE NEW GREEN ARROW?

Edited by tv echo

Arrow Review: With Oliver's Freedom Comes an Exciting Rebirth for Series
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 3 2018,
https://tvline.com/2018/12/03/arrow-recap-season-7-episode-8-new-green-arrow-oliver-sister/

I watched this week’s eventful episode, “Unmasked,” twice before it even aired on Monday night, it entertained me so much. That’s why I felt compelled to review it here versus offer a rote recap. I mean, nary a second of this episode went wasted (save for whatever the Dante painting is about, other than forcing Diggle to ask Diaz for help). Instead, the fall finale dove right into exploring what Oliver’s world looks like as a freed man known to have once been Star City’s resident vigilante. And in doing so, it addressed things I didn’t even think to wonder about.
And then there is Felicity, who had been pressed to redefine herself in Oliver’s absence, while still squarely in Diaz’s crosshairs. Arrow it turns out is going all in on this arc, as evidenced by Oliver’s reaction to his wife’s brandishing of a gun to fend off an imposter archer’s home invasion. I ask, have you ever seen Oliver look at Felicity the way he did, with such a blend of disbelief and disapproval? Regardless of your agenda, it had to shake you. Even more so as wife and husband got to putting their feelings into words.
“This isn’t on you. I just don’t know if what’s best for me right now is the same thing as what’s best for us.”

The words were raw. They landed with impact. And with the seven episodes that preceded this, the foundation for Felicity’s new temperament was soundly established. Oliver has a new lease on city-saving life, sanctioned SCPD muscle (take that, Pollard!) — but for how much longer with the ever-“ruthless” Felicity stay a part of it?
The future timeline dropped other new breadcrumbs, as Dinah explained to William the “Mark of Four” symbol that represents the pillars of heroism — courage, compassion, selflessness and loyalty — and which was found inside Oliver’s bow buried in Lian Yu. But in speaking of Oliver, Dinah used words such as “the strength that made him a hero” and, “Your dad had this way….” Is Oliver, like Felicity, also dead at this point? Or is he simply very much out of the game? Next stop: Future Rene.

Edited by tv echo
1 minute ago, tv echo said:

I ask, have you ever seen Oliver look at Felicity the way he did, with such a blend of disbelief and disapproval? Regardless of your agenda, it had to shake you. Even more so as wife and husband got to putting their feelings into words.

It made me shake with anger, Matt. It definitely did that!

• Love 10

ARROW SEASON 7, EPISODE 8: "UNMASKED" REVIEW
BY JESSE SCHEEDEN   3 DEC 2018
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12/04/arrow-season-7-episode-8-unmasked-review

This emphasis on Ollie's continued character evolution looks to be the main impact of his prison ordeal. Not only has he been cut off from his friends and family for seven months, he's come to realize that the lines between good and evil are far more nebulous than he's ever acknowledged in the past. It's not enough for Ollie to simply slap on the old costume and go right back to shooting villains full of arrows. If there must still be a Green Arrow, he needs to become an altogether different sort of hero.

It's a great dilemma on which to hinge the next major story arc in Season 7. Unfortunately, it's also a plot point that isn't well-served by this episode's weirdly rushed approach. Did we really need Ollie back in the costume so soon? That seemed more like a necessary concession for the "Elseworlds" crossover than an organic story development.

But more frustrating than that is the way the Ollie/Felicity relationship experienced a complete 180 over the course of this episode. One minute they're madly in love with each other, the next Felicity is going full Kylo Ren and letting the past die. It's not so much that this is an illogical direction for their relationship. It's ridiculous to assume Ollie's prison stint and the looming specter of Ricardo Diaz won't have had a negative impact on the two. Again, the problem is all in the rushed execution. I just didn't buy Felicity's accelerated transformation over the course of this episode.

On the plus side, it does seem as though the series is pushing her in a more exciting direction. The breakup of the Queen family was pretty much inevitable, given all the hints that have been dropped in the flash-forwards. There's been ample evidence that Felicity is rapidly becoming a villain in her own right, evolving into her father in both name and philosophical outlook. The idea of a villainous Felicity is compelling. But that said, the series needs to handle that process with more grace and elegance than this episode manages. And if Ollie and felicity really are broken up again, let it be for good. I have very little patience for more Olicity nonsense after six years.
The big question is whether Sea Shimooka is up to the challenge of bringing this character to life. This episode didn't give her a huge amount to work with, dramatically. She's clearly got the physical chops, judging from that Stephen Amell-worthy opening montage. But with Emiko spending so much time hiding underneath a hood and a voice modulator, it's tough to get a sense of Shimooka's acting ability yet.

Edited by tv echo

The AV Club isn't reviewing Arrow regularly this season, but Allison Shoemaker has started squeezing in her thoughts about each week's episode at the end of her Legends of Tomorrow reviews (mostly because people were hijacking the comment thread to talk about Arrow - lol). Here's what she said about Unmasked:

Arrow corner: An episode with some definite highs, the rapport between Oliver and the former members of Not Team Arrow chief among them, and a terrific hallway fight—but then they had to go and do that ending. I’m tired, man. Still, it’s striking how much better the writing of the relationships is this season, and I’m enjoying the hell out of future Dinah (and as always, Not-Laurel.)

And here's her thoughts on Slabside Redemption:

Arrow corner: I know y’all have been doing this in the comments, so figured we’d make it official (though I can’t guarantee I can watch live every week). I thought it was good! A bottle episode that wasn’t a bottle episode. If Diaz is truly done, it’s not a moment too soon. And I wish that the Stanley reveal hadn’t felt so inevitable. Still, pretty into it, overall, and it was a far more satisfying conclusion than the end of The Flash’s prison storyline.

Arrow, ‘Unmasked’: Surprises Abound in a Twisty Midseason Finale
BY CRAIG WACK · DECEMBER 4, 2018
http://oohlo.com/2018/12/04/arrow-unmasked-surprises-abound-in-a-twisty-midseason-finale/

Remember what I said last week about Diaz being dead? Well, scratch that. I guess in the Arrow-verse if a guy can walk around with a loosely bandaged cut to the femoral artery, then Diaz can survive getting stabbed in the lung or liver, despite most of the corrupt guards of the prison (Daiz’s would-be rescuers) being either dead, or beaten to a pulp on his orders. Hey, at least we got thirty seconds of Olicity bliss before they flushed that one down the toilet, too. Here’s everything you need to know about the latest episode of Arrow:
Sex and the Olicity: As smart as Felicity is, she still doesn’t know that you aren’t supposed to sneak up on a recently released prisoner in the shower. With that lesson learned, there’s some face touching, and what we can only assume some pre-party boning. The whole killer subplot only serves the purpose for a hit to be called on Oliver. The couple are attacked in their home, despite Felicity’s obsessive attempts to perfect her security system. During the struggle, Felicity pulls her gun, uses a husky voice, and then shoots her would-be assassin. Ollie is shocked by all of this. Felicity then explains the evolution of Mama Bear mode (and she’s not in the wrong in any of it). Oliver cutting a deal with the Feds while Diaz was still running free put Felicity in a difficult position. She had to keep herself and Ollie’s son alive, both from a food on the table perspective, and from a death could be around the corner at any moment perspective. Along the way she got help anywhere she could, be it from not-Laurel or Anatoly. She’s been living with this mindset too long to just switch it off now that Ollie is out of prison. She ends her story saying she’s not sure if what is best for her is best for them. Happy Anniversary, Ollie!
What’s next: Oliver has another half-sister. She’s been the new Green Arrow this whole time! Hopefully, she’s also pregnant with Diaz’s love child so we can really bring this show back to its soapy roots.

Last impressions:  There’s a lot to chew on during the hiatus. The good ship Olicity is taking on water. Ollie has a secret sister who seems hell-bent on completing her father’s mission. Diaz is helping ARGUS on the down low. This episode was all right, despite a number of moments that had a “book report written on the bus, on the way to school” feel to them. It’s going to be interesting to see how the show handles the Olicity developments. If Oliver helps the police full-time, that doesn’t leave Felicity with a lot going from a story and character perspective, other than her tougher persona. Plus, it’s real. You can’t be ok with Oliver getting to ease back into daily life, and expect Felicity to immediately fall out of survival mode just because her man is back in her life. Like Supergirl the night before, it seems like the Arrow writers’ room felt compelled to throw dirt on what should be happy moments, just for the sake of stirring up concern during the long break.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Arrow season 7, episode 8 review: Unmasked
by Scott Brown  December 4, 2018
https://bamsmackpow.com/2018/12/04/arrow-season-7-episode-8-review-unmasked/

As for Diggle’s storyline though, it’s still the ARGUS mystery that has been happening for the majority of the season and it still isn’t interesting. It’s boring and simply feels like the writers don’t know what to do with Diggle anymore, but because David Ramsey is so good in the role, they don’t want to get rid of him. Diggle has been one of the best characters in the past, so it’s sad to see his story reduced to something so boring.
Arrow comes off its best episode of the season with a middle-of-the-road style of episode that helps set up the rest of the season.

Edited by tv echo

‘ARROW’ 7×08 REVIEW: ‘UNMASKED’
Posted on December 4, 2018 By Alyssa Barbieri
http://fangirlish.com/arrow-7x08-review-unmasked/

A little anniversary sex was one of the lone bright spots for our lovely couple, but then again this is exactly what we were expecting given everything that happened in the season finale and this season. But I’m curious to see how Beth Schwartz manages to use this angst as a means to grow Oliver and Felicity rather than just for drama for the sake of drama, like showrunners past.

When Oliver returned home from Slabside, he returned to a changed Felicity. A hardened Felicity. Much like Oliver returned from Lian Yu a hardened version of himself because he was forced to change. Felicity is still the Felicity we all know and love. Just different. Hardened. Experienced. Tougher. Because circumstances forced her to be as much.

Much like we’ve seen Felicity learn to love all sides of Oliver — the good, the bad, the light, the dark — Oliver is going to have to do the same for Felicity. That’s what partners, teammates do. They’ve loved each other through the good, through the bad, through the unthinkable, through the unspeakable.
So for any Olicity fans — or non-Olicity fans — that believe that this is the beginning of the end of Oliver and Felicity, relax. Because it’s not. The beautiful thing about any relationship is that there’s always something to learn, something to teach. You’re constantly growing with each other and working as a team to handle the obstacles that come your way.

Now, I don’t exactly agree with Felicity insinuating that her questionable morality can’t exist alongside her relationship with Oliver. I’m looking forward to seeing more to this conversation and having these two talk it out with each other. For Oliver to interject some of his first hand experience on the matter. Because right now, it’s almost like they’ve changed places. Oliver is standing more in the light and Felicity is standing in the dark. And I’m kinda digging this parallel.
Oliver and Felicity have always represented the best in each other. Felicity has been Oliver’s light in the pitch black. And now, Felicity needs Oliver to be her light. These two love each other more than words, and that love is — and has always been — strong enough to overcome any darkness. That’s what this show has shown us in seven seasons.
John and Lyla went to Diaz. For help. And I’m at a loss for words. I mean, sure they’re trying to bring down the Longbow Hunters. But Diaz? Seriously? Was this the only way for Arrow to keep this lizard employed? At the sake of Diggle’s character?

It’s funny because I’m not even a tad concerned about Oliver and Felicity. I’m more concerned with what Arrow is doing to John Diggle. How they’ve essentially rewritten his character as one that has gone against his values and those he loves.

What reason could Diggle possibly have for working with Diaz, the man that has tried to kill Oliver, Felicity, him, and others he cares about? Well, I know what. ARGUS stuff. Blah, blah,m blah. But how is this more important than the cost of your soul? And people are worried about Felicity going dark?

Hey, Arrow. Give me John Diggle back. Not this knockoff version that doesn’t resemble the John Diggle we all know and love. If this is the best you can do with his character, then shame on you.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Arrow Season 7 Episode 8 Review – ‘Unmasked’
DECEMBER 4, 2018 BY JESSIE ROBERTSON 
https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/12/arrow-season-7-episode-8-review-unmasked/

The Not So Good:
– Felicity descent into villainy, or a terrorist, we’re not really sure. This storyline I think sucks. I am sure all the Felicity haters out there are probably enjoying it though. And did she really intimate she wanted time apart from Oliver? That’s so hard to swallow considering all they have been through. A Real married couple, committed couple in love, works through it with each other’s help.

• Love 2

Arrow Review: Unmasked (Season 7 Episode 8)
December 4, 2018  Brianna Martinez
https://www.telltaletv.com/2018/12/arrow-review-unmasked-season-7-episode-8/

The start of Oliver and Felicity’s path back to each other doesn’t seem to end with that post-Slabside reunion. Instead, it seems to signify the beginning of their journey as the pair realize that there are some changes they are going to have to deal with.
The last 7 months set Oliver and Felicity on their own paths, growing and adapting to their environments without each other. But with the pair back together, the adjustment is heartbreakingly tough.

Felicity has spent all of this time on her own, with no real support system, trying to survive and find a way to get Oliver out of Slabside. Meanwhile, Oliver spent his time working to endure a very hostile environment, surrounded by people he put away, paying a penance he has always thought he was meant to pay.
They each have trauma and their own issues to work through which makes their argument a painful but necessary one. Felicity points out that Oliver’s decision to go to Slabside was unilaterally made while explaining what he hasn’t seen while he’s been gone are things need to hear in order to understand the Felicity he sees now.

Alternatively, Oliver’s disbelief at Felicity calling her “old” self weak is something she needed to see. To see him reject the idea that she hasn’t always been strong is important especially given this strange concept seemingly being tossed around that strength equals a specific amount of force.

She’s not any stronger than she was before. She’s just shaped differently and grown to adapt as a result of her experiences.
I really like that even with the angst and the heartbreaking aspect of the growing process involved for Olicity, there is still that foundation of absolute love and adoration for each other.
What I’m not sure about is what we’re meant to take from that final scene together. It’s understandable that it will take time to get back to them.  
But is Felicity alluding to that time they will be taking is time apart?
Meanwhile, in the present, Diggle manages to cross another line somehow and do the one thing that would absolutely rock the foundation of his friendship with Oliver and Felicity—ask Diaz for help.
-One of the more irksome aspects of how this has played out is how easy going the dynamic between Olicity and the newbies, and Digg is considering what we’ve seen over the last 7 episodes. They all essentially gave up on the man, not willing to help Felicity until it became easy or convenient for them to help her. So…not a fan of sweeping this arc under the rug though I do appreciate Felicity pointing out that Siren was a big help in getting Oliver out.
-Felicity’s introduction as the “wife of the freaking Green Arrow” is hilarious.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Even this anti-Felicity writer reluctantly defends Felicity in 708...

Arrow: “Unmasked” Review
Posted By: Taylor Cole on: December 04, 2018
https://thenerdstash.com/arrow-unmasked-review/

Honestly, I thought the reveal at the beginning of the episode was a little lackluster. The intrigue around the copy-cat vigilante eased that reaction as it left the door open for a better reveal down the road. Despite a “meh” reaction to the initial introduction, the final moments of “Unmasked” put all of my complaints to rest.
I mentioned in my “Due Process” review that Felicity’s character hasn’t been this interesting since the show’s second season. That still hasn’t changed. Her motivations behind her new attitude are somewhat justified. Oliver took the FBI deal without telling her or William, leaving them in a vulnerable spot. She was attacked while in witness protection by Diaz and ended up having to send her step-son away. I don’t blame her for being a little antagonistic towards Oliver. Although if this carries over for the entirety of the season, I can easily see me growing tired of the drama.
It seems that Blackstar (or Maya) is going forward with Felicity’s “evil plan”. I don’t see that being the case. For one, I still don’t buy that Felicity is dead and/or she’s turned to the dark side. Also, I don’t believe Maya will be a villain. The Arrowverse has been killing it with the expert castings of the next generation of heroes (Jessica Parker Kennedy as The Flash’s daughter and Ben Lewis as adult William). Katherine McNamara’s Maya looks like she could be the daughter of Oliver and Felicity. Just saying.
The A.R.G.U.S subplot scares me. I haven’t been shy about my feelings on Ricardo Diaz as the main villain and I thought last week was the final time we would see The Dragon for a while. It seems that he’ll be appearing when the show returns in a supporting role for A.R.G.U.S. Hopefully, this isn’t a stepping stone for the character to return to the top of the food chain.

‘Arrow’ Vs. ‘Shadowhunters’: Katherine McNamara Chooses Maya Or Clary, Oliver Or Alec
By Rachael Ellenbogen  12/04/18 AT 1:27 PM
https://www.ibtimes.com/arrow-vs-shadowhunters-katherine-mcnamara-chooses-maya-or-clary-oliver-or-alec-2738777

Oliver vs. Alec

“See, here’s the thing: I don’t know because Alec, not only is he skilled, but he has the precision rune and all these other runes that can sort of fine-tune his archery via Shadowhunter-Angelic magic, but then Oliver’s just a complete bad-[expletive], as well, and has the experience of survival.
“So, I honestly think they’re pretty equally matched. And I’m not just saying that because I don’t want the fandoms to come after me.”
Maya vs. Clary

“Maya’s a much better fighter, I think, than Clary. I think Clary’s great, but she’s still learning so much. And, yes, she had her own authority, but they’re very different.

“Maya has the experience of growing up — she has the experience of having the environment around her and not being thrust into it but being a product of that environment. So, it’s in her bones, and it’s in every fiber of her being for her entire life.
“Whereas Clary, it’s in her blood and a part of who she is, but she had to learn so much of it. So, that’s sort of where these characters differ, as well. I think if Clary had grown up a Shadowhunter, maybe she’d be a lot more like Maya.”

Edited by tv echo

I couldn't resist taking a look at this site's review of 708...

Arrow Season 7 Episode 8 Review: Unmasked
Brandon Vieira at December 3, 2018 
https://www.tvfanatic.com/2018/12/arrow-season-7-episode-8-review-unmasked/

Olicity fans rejoice! After being apart for a majority of the season, Arrow Season 7 Episode 8 featured the reunion of Oliver and Felicity. 

And for five sweet seconds, it was beautiful. Olicity may have a few haters, but for those of us who have ridden through the highs and lows of this 'ship, it seemed as though Olicity was finally going back to the way things used to be. 

However, that tender love scene could potentially be the last time Oliver and Felicity get it on. Arrow threw a lot of curveballs on the last non-crossover episode of the Fall season, but that one had me shaking my head in utter disbelief. 
Did Oliver and Felicity break up? WTF? That didn't just happen, did it? Olicity's supposed to be endgame, aren't they? Does love even exist? What did I just watch? 
Yet, the husband and wife's relationship went from 100 to 0 real quick. First comes reunion sex then comes ... divorce? Or was Felicity merely asking for a Ross and Rachel "We were on a break" situation? Uh oh, is Oliver going to sleep with a copy girl on Arrow Season 7 Episode 9? 
A dark, perhaps even villainous Felicity is an exciting prospect, but I'd hate to see her wit and awkward optimism disappear. Those characteristics are what made Felicity so special and such a breath of fresh air on Arrow Season 1 and Arrow Season 2. 

At this point, especially with what was learned about her in the future on "Unmasked," Dark Felicity is a guarantee, but the sudden split from Oliver happened way too soon. The story arc of Arrow Season 7 so far has been told at a great pace, and I'm concerned they might rush Felicity's upcoming story. 
That should not happen. Her journey to the darkness is one that needs to be told slowly and with reason. 

I just hope not all is lost for Olicity. 
Blackstar is Ronda Rousey's future daughter who potentially wants to continue Felicity's evildoing, and Rene is perhaps the most powerful man in the glades. Things really took a turn for Team Arrow in the future, huh? I guess friendship doesn't conquer all. That's depressing. 
The icing on this upsidedown world cake would be if Laurel ended up being Star City's biggest hero. 

Edited by tv echo

What she said...

ARROW 7.08 Review “Unmasked”
Team Felicity.

By AMELIA EMBERWING Dec. 04, 2018
https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/12/04/arrow-7.08-review-unmasked

Prison changes a man. Apparently, it changes a woman, too. Now that Oliver’s back after getting himself thrown in prison without consulting any members of his family, he’s not super enthused about the wife he’s come home to. He’s not too happy with the state of Star City, either. But hey, Oliver Queen’s never been accused of being the most cheerful person in the room.
Please remember that I just said prison changed Oliver for the better, because I’m about to explain why him being mad at Felicity for shooting the guy is bullshit. Why is it a problem that Felicity protects them? What gives Oliver the right to be disappointed about the ways that she’s changed? Glass houses on the dark side stuff aside, Oliver absolutely would have gone to more forceful measures if Felicity hadn’t first. She’s absolutely incorrect that this version of her is “stronger” than her past self, but there’s not one thing wrong about Felicity shooting a dude clearly wearing Kevlar who has invaded her home. Sorry Ollie, you did this, and you have no right to be sad about it.

If you’re an Olicity fan and you’re worried that your favorite married couple is about to call it quits, don’t. The flash forwards and the current arc are hinting at it so hard that it seems pretty unlikely that it will actually play out. Frankly, if we go that direction, then just let it be done already. They’re a good pairing, and when they’re doing well it makes the show better, but Arrow’s constant insistence on unnecessary drama between the two can make even the biggest shipper want them to get it over with already.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

Arrow Review: With Oliver's Freedom Comes an Exciting Rebirth for Series
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 3 2018,
https://tvline.com/2018/12/03/arrow-recap-season-7-episode-8-new-green-arrow-oliver-sister/

Don't sound too gleeful about the possibility of Olicity breaking up there Matt. Also FU for saying this was the biggest Olicity episode the shows done. They had 3 scenes. 

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 7