Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

There's so much to mock in this article:

https://www.hypable.com/black-siren-needing-forgiveness-arrow/

A few other highlights:

Laurel apologizes for killing Vince, Dinah’s late love interest, which she did as she was being used by various villains (and the threat to Quentin’s life over her).

this old classic absurdity:

It’s funny how Laurel has to apologize for who she’s killed, which isn’t necessarily wrong because she did commit murder. But, Oliver has murdered in the double digits, Felicity killed upward of 10,000 unsuspecting civilians, and Dinah has killed people too on her quest for vengeance when she initially believed Vince was dead.

And IMO one of the most stupid assertions

She wasn’t obligated by any means to offer Dinah an apology for what she did, but she apologized any way, knowing how Dinah feels about her. 

I mean, what the hell??

To get through everything she has, work toward becoming a better person, and not hide from the terrible things she’s done or the feelings she has because of it, this makes Laurel the strongest character, emotionally, on Arrow.

Bwahaahahahaahaha

I appreciated this comment in the comment section

Last season, Black Siren killed for fun. She killed a a security guard who was begging for his life and said he had two young children. She killed an innocent woman and took her shoes. She melted Vince's brain even though there was no reason she couldn't have refused since she's a meta. She killed so often, even Cayden James told her not to kill so much.

Oliver has killed many people but because he was trying to get justice and he stopped killing seasons ago. Thea killed either to save her life or under Malcolm's mind control. Felicity desperately tried to save the people who Damian Darhk was going to kill by diverting the all the bombs DAMIEN DARHK launched and failed to stop one of them.

If you cant see the difference in these cases, there's no use talking.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

To get through everything she has, work toward becoming a better person, and not hide from the terrible things she’s done or the feelings she has because of it, this makes Laurel the strongest character, emotionally, on Arrow.

Hmm, that seems more like Sara's arc to me and Oliver's on Arrow not BS. I suppose it could be but not as they're currently writing her, I think they'd have to give her more consideration than they can be bothered to. Whilst Insta!DA is annoying it shows that they don't really want to write about her struggles coping with an entirely different world or how she feels about E1Quentin vs E2Q who died with the cake or the different Olivers or Saras etc. 

E1LL was supposed to be a genuinely good awesome person but the writing and the acting failed to convince me so I don't think they're going to convince me this LL is awesome and strong either. 

• Love 7

You know, I wonder how many people who write these articles would care at all about Black Siren if they brought Earth-1 Laurel Lance back to life. Or if Black Siren was Earth-2 Felicity. I bet some of these Black Siren supporters would then be writing "She's a villain! She can't be redeemed!" articles. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

If you're like me and you can't get enough of watching Emily watch Olicity kisses, Leanne said she'll be posting a video of Emily's full, unmuted reactions later.

• Love 3

Youtube video of only the EBR portion of the PeopleTV interview (courtesy of deathofrainbows):

-- EBR was introduced as follows: "Our next guest plays Felicity Smoak, the technology-gifted, humorous and super-combative member of CW's hit tv series Arrow, which just started its seventh season."

-- They then showed a video clip of the 702 scene where Felicity, Rene and Curtis approached the warehouse to try to find the Longbow Hunters.

-- On her go-to order, EBR: "Ramen... So I live in Canada, it's cold. So, like, chicken noodle soup or ramen or Thai food. Yeah, like, anything carved, mixed with a hot liquid."

Spoiler

-- On whether the Longbow Hunters are as dangerous as they appear, EBR: "I think so. Plus, there's three of them, right? Multiple of them. So yes, strength in numbers, not to mention, like, completely educated in tactical, close combat, violent human beings."

-- EBR said that her dad is a surgeon and that she and her mom love Grey's Anatomy, and any time Grey's Anatomy was on TV, he'll say, "This is absolutely not accurate... The romance happens, but anything surgical is not."

Spoiler

-- EBR: "Well, Felicity didn't want [Oliver] to do it in the first place. She, you know, is sort of holding a - I wouldn't say grudge, but there's anger there for him making this decision and sort of like leaving her life. And, you know, using that decision alone. Um, with that being said, I wonder - I bet she would do the same thing if she was in prison. She'd fight for her life and her family."

Spoiler

-- On whether we'll finally see Felicity with her own company, Smoak Tech, EBR: "Smoak Tech has not come into play yet, but it has been referenced in the future."

Spoiler

-- On when Oliver & Felicity will finally reunite, EBR: "And they will be reunited in episodes to come. Before half the season is done."

Spoiler

-- On people speculating that Colton Haynes' character will be the "next fake Green Arrow," EBR: "That is a a great prediction... I mean, these leading questions are pretty much a trap... We haven't spent a whole lot of time together on set, because our characters haven't really interacted quite yet, which is very sad, in my personal opinion."

-- On going from a one-episode guest appearance to a regular role on Arrow, EBR: "I went in for an audition. And I was working at a dog apparel shop with my dog at the time and had to close the shop to go to the audition. And then, um, rolled in the next day - I was, like, put on the hold. Then we shot, got the part, went in and shot the scene, and that was over. Went and got beers with my best friend. Then a couple weeks later, they were like, 'Can you come back?' I was like, 'Yeah.' And then they kept asking me back. I was like, 'Uhhhhh! This is incredible. What is happening?'"

Spoiler

-- On whether we'll get any Felicity/Batwoman interaction in the crossover, EBR: "One can dream, everyone. One can dream. Um, I have yet to work with Ruby. Um, but we've gotten to hang, so that's great. I'm so excited for her character. So excited for her to be on the show. Um, crossover's coming up. Things get intense. We've seen some switches. We've seen some swaps."

-- EBR said that her dog is in Vancouver right now, having a "dogcation." When asked if her dog will be on the show, EBR: "I wish."

-- On why she thinks Felicity Smoak made The Hollywood Reporter's list of the 50 favorite female characters, EBR: "Well, I think she is a strong female, independent, and very authentic, and she doesn't change, really, for anyone, and is, hopefully, taking on her life as it comes."

-- On whether Felicity is a "huge deal" for her, EBR: "Yeah, she's a huge deal for me. She's been a huge part of my life. She helped raise me in my 20's. She's just a really big part of my heart. And hopefully I'm a big part of hers. We'll never know."

-- On being in Brooklyn with Saiorse Ronan, EBR: "That was such a great experience." 

-- On whether she can tease anything about her new film, The Clinic, EBR: "I have not seen anything from it yet. I'm very excited to see, like, what it becomes. It was this twisted, psychological, yeah, creepy, filmed in an abandoned orphanage, like, in So Cal, I think, if I have my directions right? Yeah, the place was extremely twisted. Um, and it's sort of like a dreamscape, psychological thriller."

-- Rapid-fire questions:: The first person that she texted this morning? EBR: "My mom." Her first dog? EBR: "Lancelot. Golden retriever." First experience at Comic-Con? EBR: "Oh, fun. Like, really fun. Four - five, six years ago? ... San Diego. Really fun... It was such a blur because it was so new. I think I was just floating around. I think I was with Colton at the time? I was with Stephen and my friend Jarrett. Yah, I have some pictures from that. That was a lot of fun." Her first celebrity crush? EBR: "Ah, Ashton Kutcher... That '70's Show." Her first kiss? EBR: "On a front lawn." Her first date? EBR: "In a movie theatre. The movie Van Helsing. It was not great." What she wishes she could do for the first time over again? EBR: "My first kiss and my first date."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

It's nice to have another positive Arrow review, but I disagree with this writer - I don't want flashforwards taking up any more screen time than they already have...

I Kinda Wish More Of Arrow's New Season Was A Flash-Foward [sic]
James Whitbrook   Oct 24, 2018,
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/10/i-kinda-wish-more-of-arrows-new-season-was-a-flash-foward/

That’s not to say the actual storyline Arrow is dealing with is bad so far. In fact, “The Longbow Hunters” managed to handle the unenviable task of having to balance its disparate plot threads and separated cast pretty well while introducing us to the titular Longbow Hunters—a group from DC Comics first teased last season and now operating under Diaz’s purview for some sinister superbattery-based shenanigans. There’s a lot going on in this episode—Oliver’s story while he’s in prison, Felicity and Diggle butting heads about taking down Diaz, and even some great moments of the closest thing Dinah and Laurel 2: The Laurelening are probably going to have to reconciliation over the whole “whoops, murdered your partner” thing.
He’s not the only one sore over the past, though—William reveals that Oliver and Felicity seemingly vanished at some point in his life, leaving him riddled with the emotional turmoil most wannabe comic book superheroes almost have to have (“And my ex-boyfriend wonders why I have commitment issues,” William jokes, a small but pleasant revelation for everyone that isn’t William or William’s ex-boyfriend). Which is good, because it turns out Felicity not-so-subtly guided William to Lian Yu to seemingly follow in his father’s footsteps after a begrudging Roy leads William—who has never shot a bow in his life, for probably understandably traumatic reasons when your dad is Oliver Queen—to Oliver’s old gear, and a message that prompts Roy to make a sudden about-face and demand William take him back to Star City.

Are we going to get some training montages soon enough? What could have been in that message that made Roy suddenly so keen to scoop William back up and leave his seclusion? Why did Oliver and Felicity abandon William? What could a young man who’s apparently a billionaire tech genius (he notes he’s been trying to spend his fortune on affordable maglev transit back home to Roy, at one point) have to go through to potentially become the next Green Arrow? Is that even something he’s going to accept? It’s all so unknown and exciting, that I am as eager to learn as much about the future of Arrow as I am to learn it’s going to get out of the troubles of its present.
It’s so far promising enough that I almost wish it had gone a step bolder, presenting Future William and Roy’s story as its present, while having flashbacks to the “past” of Oliver and Felicity’s current Diaz dilemma. That might have blown a few fans’ heads clean off. For now, I’m content to see what glimpses Arrow has in store for this promising look to the future.

Edited by tv echo

Also, TV Guide posted a facebook video titled "Greatest Olicity Moments on Arrow" yesterday...

TV Guide posted an episode of Did You Know?
October 24 at 9:30 AM · 
"I'm a better human being, just because I've loved you" ??

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

OK, here's one more review of the 701 season premiere (I had to post this for the first paragraph quoted below, if nothing else)...

ARROW: DOIN’ TIME
Cody White   October 25, 2018
https://comic-watch.com/television-shows/arrow-doin-time

Under new showrunner, Beth Schwartz, the season is off to a much stronger start than we’ve seen on Arrow in quite some time. Felicity’s fight sequence with Diaz was particularly redeeming, as one of my biggest complaints from last season was the invincibility of Diaz as he fought off all our heroes effortlessly despite his underwhelming background. Felicity delivers probably the most successful beating we’ve seen to date on the villain, showing that the new writers understand how unsatisfying many of his fights were last season.

The flash-forward sequences see the return of the unhinged-in-time narrative parallels that were so famous in the show over the first few seasons. Last season was the only season without flashbacks, although to be fair, they had already fulfilled their purpose and had actually begun to become a hindrance to the story-telling. In the beginning, they served to unsettle the viewers understanding of Oliver and his motivations, but over time became watered down and purposeless. There is a concern that in using flash forwards that the writers could eventually paint themselves into a corner in terms of character development and capacity for shocking moments (we now know that neither Roy nor William are killable), but done carefully, this convention could greatly add to the overall mythos of Arrow.
If you've moved away from Arrow over the years, it may be time to return, as this season holds a fair amount of promise. With Beth Schwartz at the helm, expectations are high, and she seems poised to deliver.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Under new showrunner, Beth Schwartz, the season is off to a much stronger start than we’ve seen on Arrow in quite some time. Felicity’s fight sequence with Diaz was particularly redeeming, as one of my biggest complaints from last season was the invincibility of Diaz as he fought off all our heroes effortlessly despite his underwhelming background. Felicity delivers probably the most successful beating we’ve seen to date on the villain, showing that the new writers understand how unsatisfying many of his fights were last season.

Hah, love it. So many people can't understand why Diaz is the villain they've chosen to carry over. I'm surprised at the amount of Felicity/EBR and Olicity publicity so far this season, definitely enjoying it though. 

• Love 3

There's a lengthy discussion by writer Kayti Burt of why Arrow's Oliver Queen needs a therapist in this Oct. 25, 2018 Den of Geek article (primarily reviewing the latest episode of another Arrowverse show)...

Superheroes should be going to get regular mental health check-ups as often as they do physical health check-ups (though, to be fair, they don't seem to do enough of the latter, either). Why don't we say: Superheroes should be exercising their mental fitness as often as they exercise their physical fitness. Imagine if Oliver Queen went to his therapist as often as he did the salmon ladder (because, if there is anyone on superhero TV that needs a therapist, it is Arrow protagonist Oliver Queen). He'd be the mentally fittest superhero in the universe!
Oliver Queen needed a therapist before he was stranded on an island for years, saw both of his parents die in front of him, and became a vigilante. I've been hoping for Oliver to get a therapist for six seasons and counting now—not only because it would be an important representation, but because it makes a lot of sense for his character, would be a lot of fun to watch, and would directly tie in to the main thematic interest of the show: the process of seeing Oliver learn how to live a healthy life filled with functional relationships and a stable sense of self-worth. (Oh, you thought this show was about archery?)

Arrow very briefly teased us with the possibility of this plot development back in Season 3, when Oliver went to Cupid's therapist for information. The therapist tells Oliver that he could use some mental health therapy. He brushes her off, later telling Diggle that he doesn't do therapy. (I give Diggle an immense amount of credit for not actively rolling his eyes in this moment, given that he has basically been Oliver Queen's unofficial therapist since the show's pilot.)
As JBuffyAngel points out in an excellent Tumblr post about the depiction of mental illness and PTSD specifically in Arrow, therapy doesn't traditionally have a place in the myth of the superhero because the superheroism is the therapy. I agree with her, but I also think it's not enough anymore.

Using superheroism as a metaphor for therapy and working through trauma isn't enough anymore. Not for a culture that still has such an unhealthy relationship with mental illness. Not for a genre that is our culture's most influential at the moment. Not for a genre that is so tied to masculinity, power, and explorations of the best ways to wield and express both.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, tv echo said:

I've been hoping for Oliver to get a therapist for six seasons and counting now—not only because it would be an important representation, but because it makes a lot of sense for his character, would be a lot of fun to watch, and would directly tie in to the main thematic interest of the show: the process of seeing Oliver learn how to live a healthy life filled with functional relationships and a stable sense of self-worth

That's what the show is already doing, showing the progression of how Oliver moves to have a healthy life.  Just not via the therapist's office which frankly is pretty boring on TV.

This is a position I'm tired of.  Yes season 3 Oliver needed therapy. But he didn't want it and he was so resistant that therapy wouldn't have done him any good. The show did a much better job the way they did it (and I don't say that often).

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

When Are Sabrina's Adventures? How'd Constantine Not Flash Us? Why Did Alec Baldwin Dis Jenner? And More Qs
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz and Charlie Mason / October 26 2018, 11:45 AM PDT
https://tvline.com/2018/10/26/chilling-adventures-of-sabrina-time-period-tv-questions-answers/

8 | Arrow's Stanley aka Oliver’s meek prison sidekick is totally going to turn out to be a Diaz plant, right?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

'Arrow’: Manu Bennett on the Evolution of Slade and Oliver's Relationship
By JENNA ANDERSON - October 28, 2018
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/10/28/arrow-deathstroke-slade-wilson-manu-bennett-return-oliver-queen-/

ComicBook.com was on hand for Manu Bennett's panel at Dallas Fan Days 2018, where the actor discussed his time as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke on the long-running series. As Bennett put it, he's enjoyed seeing the path that Slade and Oliver Queen/Green Arrow (Stephen Amell) have gone on throughout the years, all while making their dynamic feel rooted in the same things.

“I think [Arrow is] a piece of modern mythology." Bennett explained. "[It’s] a very well-written show. It’s got its demographic and it’s got its audience. It’s hitting targets, you know? I think that Stephen and I have evolved — he and I, personally — with our performance as Oliver and Slade, in a way that just is, you know. The writers have done a really great job with this journey that he and I have been on. I think that every time it’s come up, it’s kind of like an origin story. It swells emotions in people again, which is my whole modus operandi. So I’m glad for all of that."
"I’d love to come back on it at some stage," Bennett teased. "I don’t know.”

Edited by tv echo

Arrow Season 7 Episode 3 Review: “Crossing Lines” 
Chris King   October 30, 2018
https://www.tvovermind.com/arrow-season-7-episode-3-review-crossing-lines/

It’s extremely satisfying to watch Felicity not just reclaim her agency but wield it as a weapon that’s as strong and impressive as her intelligence and her tech skills. There’s an argument to be made that she’s going too far in her pursuit of Diaz, and that, ultimately, this journey will lead her to reevaluate her tactics, much like her storyline with Helix in Arrow Season 5. But with Felicity’s autonomy being sidelined for so much of Arrow‘s sixth season, it’s almost necessary for the writers to push her independence to this extreme. Felicity had many wonderful moments last season, but that’s what so many of them were: just moments. In Season 7, she deserves a story of her own, one where she uses her power and fights for what she wants and succeeds in her missions and makes mistakes along the way, the type of story that so many of the male characters on Arrow (both main and supporting) have enjoyed multiple times. It’s a journey that illustrates Felicity’s independence, fortitude, and vulnerability, all of which are on display tonight during two key conversations with Agent Watson: one in which Felicity advocates for Oliver and another in which she points out the major flaws in the how the “legal” government agencies fight back against criminals. Felicity acknowledges the importance of laws and regulations but also points out that these rules need to broken sometimes in order for real change to occur, and she makes it clear to Watson that this “anything it takes” method is what she has followed for the past six years as a member of Team Arrow and it is what she will continue to subscribe to in her pursuit of Diaz.

This line-crossing, rule-breaking strategy is also what Oliver uses in “Crossing Lines” in order to bring himself closer to The Demon, the prisoner who works for Diaz and who was apparently behind the attempted hit on Oliver that took place in the Season 7 premiere. In order to meet The Demon, Oliver has to not just defeat Bronze Tiger, Sampson, and Brick; he’s required to harm some of the prison’s guards so that they will send him down to Level 2, where the worst of the worst, including The Demon, are held. Although Oliver doesn’t kill any of the guards (He’d be pretty irredeemable if he did, even if he says it’s all for Felicity and William), he does severely wound them, stabbing more than one guard in the shoulder with a shiv. Just like Felicity’s capture of Silencer, which results in Agent Watson losing her position with the FBI and being transferred back to D.C., Oliver’s beating of the guards is an extreme form of action taken purely to help protect his family. This type of behavior is not what we’re used to seeing from either Oliver or Felicity, but when their loved ones are in danger, the two of them are willing to sacrifice almost anything (including themselves) in order to keep those they care about most safe.

The true test, however, will be once Oliver is released from prison and reunited with Felicity. Will the two of them be able to readjust to life without these types of line-crossing, rule-breaking actions? And more importantly, if a future situation calls for them to act in this way again, will they be able to open and honest and communicate with each other about what they plan to do, unlike what Oliver did at the end of Season 6 and unlike what Lyla does with Diggle during this week’s episode?
-So did Diaz steal Mirakuru from the CDC? That would make the most sense, right? Otherwise, Arrow is going to have introduce some other type of super-strength drug this season, and that seems like it would make this entire Longbow Hunters story a lot more convoluted than it needs to be.
-So who is The Demon? Do you think we’ve met him before? Before Oliver’s transfer to Level 2 at the end of this episode, I was expecting Arrow to go with the “shocking” (aka predictable) twist of The Demon being Stan, but now I truly believe it’s someone different.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Arrow recap: Oliver, Felicity, and Lyla cross lines in pursuit of justice
CHANCELLOR AGARD  October 29, 2018 at 09:00 PM EDT
https://ew.com/recap/arrow-season-7-episode-3/

Along the way to the mess hall, Bronze Tiger points out Oliver’s flawed heroism; Oliver stabbed himself to save York, but he’s clearly willing to stab Bronze Tiger because he views him as nothing more than a criminal (even though Tiger did actually save Lyla while he was part of the Suicide Squad). Since the show began, Oliver has had a black-and-white view of criminality: if you commit a crime, you’re bad and that’s it. But now behind bars, he’s being forced to reevaluate his views, which is frankly an unexpected yet welcomed development.

The trio makes it to the cafeteria, where Brick has set up a fight club because even he can’t avoid a cliché. Short story short: Oliver enters the ring and faces Derek Sampson. By “faces” I mean he wrecks Sampson, breaking (or dislocating? I don’t know how this all works) both of his arms in another example of the brutality of the show’s prison fight sequences. Oliver’s ruthlessness in the fight reminded me of how he carried himself in season 1.
Meanwhile, on the outside, Felicity continues her crusade to get Diaz and fully devotes herself to the idea that sometimes you need to go outside of the system to get justice (a.k.a. Team Arrow’s operating philosophy). This week, she essentially strongarms Agent Watson, who has been ordered to drop the Diaz case, into working with her. Diaz and the Longbow Hunters are targeting the CDC for some reason, and Felicity wants to setup a sting operation to catch them in the act of their robbery. Although it feels like we’re inching dangerously to “Felicity cries in every scene” territory of season 3, I still appreciate the desperation of Rickards’ performance, plus you can easily read it as her trying to manipulate Watson into helping, and it works.
And by “gives him the slip,” I mean that Rene, on Felicity’s orders, lies that Silencer got away so that he and Felicity could take her captive and interrogate her themselves #VigilanteJustice. On paper, however, the operation looks like a failure, which leads to Watson being relocated to a desk job in Washington D.C., a casualty in Felicity’s war to get Diaz. As was the case with Oliver, we’ll have to see whether or not Felicity’s decision to cross a line and screw over an ally will actually be worth it. As of right now, I’m very interested in seeing how far down this dark path Felicity goes because it’s definitely way more convincing than when she joined forces with Helix in season 5.
Three weeks into Arrow season 7 and Oliver is still in prison; however, it feels as though the show is starting to stack the deck in favor of him and the rest of the team returning to his vigilante ways once he makes it out (which he obviously will because the show’s called Arrow). Why else spend most of this episode having Felicity and Lyla make strong cases for being willing to step outside of the lines for the greater good? I’ll be interested in seeing just how the show works its way to redeeming the concept of Team Arrow as the season continues.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow Episode Guide: Season 7, Episode 3 - Crossing Lines
Matt ("Starman") Morrison   October 30, 2018
http://www.mygeekygeekyways.com/search/label/Arrow Episode Guide

Locking a bunch of terrorists inside a lab full of infectious disease samples seems like an incredibly stupid plan, even by the standards of The FBI in The Arrowverse.

On that note, Agent Watson seems way too quick to switch sides and agree to Felicity's plan.

How did Brick make contact with The Demon is The Demon is confined to Level 2 of The Slab?

Diaz's story here about breaking every bone in his body after being blasted off the roof and into the river in the sixth season finale doesn't match up with the injuries (or lack thereof) he displayed during the final scene of that episode.
I can't recall Emily Bett Rickards and Rick Gonzales having a lot of interactions in the past, but the have amazingly good chemistry in this episode.
The fight scene between Oliver, Bronze Tiger and Brick's other men is a great one, which uses its camera angles to great effect to emphasize the claustrophobia of the setting.

Edited by tv echo

‘ARROW’ 7×03 REVIEW: CROSSING THE LINE FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Posted on October 30, 2018 By Alyssa Barbieri
http://fangirlish.com/arrow-7x03-review-crossing-the-line-for-the-greater-good/

I continue to be intrigued by the same-track mind of husband and wife as both Oliver and Felicity are doing whatever it takes to find Diaz and to protect their family. It’s why Felicity goes to Watson, because she can’t get Diggle and ARGUS’s help. So why not turn to the FBI and the woman that wants Diaz almost as bad as she does?
While things didn’t work out as they should’ve — mostly because this show is so intent on dragging this Diaz shit out for awhile — this was a chance to further show the desperation and obsession on Felicity’s part to catch Diaz. It’s been months of torture for her and her family, and the only thing that matters right now — besides her family — is catching Diaz.

There have been teases that Felicity’s is going down a dark path this season, and you can certainly see the motivation behind it. She’s lost everything. Her son is away at boarding school. Her husband is in prison. And she’s angry. Her intention is to ruin Diaz the way he ruined her life. For Felicity, that means crossing some lines. That means turning to unlikely sources for help. That means sometimes not recognizing yourself in the mirror.

But at the heart of this is the reason why she’s doing all of this: Her family. Her husband. Her son. Her friends. Hell, even the innocent people of Star City. And Felicity feels alone in this. Sure, they’ve stuck her with Rene who yearns to go back to life as a vigilante — even if it means throwing away everything Oliver did for him — but make no mistake, Felicity feels alone in this. She has to fight for it all on her own. She has to make decisions on what lines are worth crossing. She really doesn’t have anything to lose, since it’s all been taken from her. And there’s nothing more dangerous.
“Everything I do is for my family.”

Just in case you had any doubt why Oliver is doing what he’s doing in prison, Arrow makes sure to remind you a weekly basis that Oliver is a man driven by his love and desire to protect his family. There’s no line to big to cross. There’s no pain too big to stop him. The one thing that has driven him since he stepped foot into Slabside has been Felicity and William. So if going to Level 2 will help him find the person that can lead him to Diaz, you know damn well Oliver is going to cross that line.
If this show is going to force Ricardo Diaz on us, can it at least make an effort to make him look somewhat threatening. Because all I see his this dragon/cockroach shooting up, handing the fighting off to his minions, and being completely useless unless he has a gun.

Not to mention there continues to be no excuse for why this character is still around other than The CW paid him too much and now feels the need to get every penny out of him. Listen, CW, cut your losses. This is the one thing hurting this show right now.

Here are the things that Diaz does well:

• Whine
  • Force others to fight his battles
  • Make faces when he’s shooting up on drugs
  • Shoot a gun badly
  • Steal valuable screen time
  • Remind us just how good Josh Segarra was as Adrian Chase
  • Remind us how bad of a villain this Diaz is
  • Sneer

Things he doesn’t do well:

• Die
  • Disappear
  • Be a good character
  • Be a good villain
  • Be a good anything
  • All of the above

Then you had Diaz shooting up with something and punching a wall and being all, “I’m a badass” when even the dog could take his ass right now. Like I’m supposed to care about anything that’s going to happen involving this cockroach?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

ARROW SEASON 7, EPISODE 3: "CROSSING LINES" REVIEW
BY JESSE SCHEEDEN   29 OCT 2018
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/30/arrow-season-7-episode-3-crossling-lines-review

One of the recurring questions with Arrow Season 7 so far is whether supporting characters like Rene, Curtis and Dinahy have outlived their usefulness. As much as the new status quo has reinvigorated characters like Ollie and Felicity, the rest of the former Team Arrow is starting to feel like so much dead weight. “Crossing Lines” doesn’t necessarily do much to change that perception. It delivers what is easily the most well-rounded storyline of the new season so far, but it does so by downplaying those characters.

Perhaps, as this episode suggests, the answer is simply to rely on Curtis, Rene and Dinah more sparingly. All three found their niches this week in terms of providing comic relief or a little added muscle against the Longbow Hunters. They’re very much secondary to Ollie’s prison ordeal, Felicity’s obsessive hunt for Ricardo Diaz and the deepening conspiracy at ARGUS. So long as the writers keep the focus on those three storylines and don’t waste too much time mired in the personal lives of these other characters, the series should be just fine.
The prison storyline continues to be engrossing in its own right. Ollie is fighting a losing battle to save his own soul as he gets his hands a little more dirty each day. The great thing about the prison storyline is that, not only is it being allowed to play out in an organic, in-depth fashion, the status quo is anything but stagnant. The relationship between Ollie, Brick’s gang and the prison guards continues to evolve with each new episode. New dangers continue to arise. And there’s a mounting sense of tragedy fueling all of it. Ollie may have brought himself one step closer to finding this “demon” tied to Diaz, but in the process he’s jeopardized whatever fading chance he might have had to be with his family again.
Felicity’s short-lived alliance with the FBI also made for an engaging storyline this week. It’s nice to see Agent Watson herself gain a little extra depth, now that she’s no longer simply the gloating antagonist working to get Ollie locked up. The two characters forged a surprisingly entertaining alliance in this episode, which makes it a shame that Watson’s time in Star City seems to be over.

On the plus side, the series didn’t make us wait long for another showdown between Team Arrow and the Longbow Hunters. The actual payoff to Diaz’s CDC raid proved a bit underwhelming (all that so he could gain a little Mirakuru-style super strength?), but the battle itself didn’t disappoint.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

OLIVER HEADS DEEPER INTO THE BOWELS OF PRISON AND EVERYONE CROSSES LINES IN THE LATEST ARROW
Trent Moore  Oct. 29, 2018
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/oliver-heads-deeper-into-the-bowels-of-prison-and-everyone-crosses-lines-in-the-latest

We’ve seen Oliver go down slippery slopes before, but seeing him lay a beat down on these (admittedly corrupt) guards was something that will be hard to come back from. Especially if you consider Oliver might’ve had hopes to eventually get out on good behavior. Beating up and shanking some guards will almost certainly add a few more life sentences to the rap sheet. Again, it’s a theme we’ve seen before, but still an interesting narrative choice to have the shows hero shanking prison guards.

If nothing else, Oliver certainly wasn’t along[sic] when it came to taking things possibly a bit too far. Felicity enlists the help of the FBI to try and catch Diaz, and when that doesn’t work, she and Rene go rogue and secretly hold one of the Longbow Hunters prisoner to pump her for information. That decision got the resident FBI agent booted out, while they even kept the capture a secret from Dinah. Lyla is also taking matters into her own hands for an off the books investigation over at Argus, with Diggle briefly worrying she might be going too far outside the lines to try and stop a new shady scheme. Which, as she points out, is an interesting position coming from a guy who spent the past few years wearing a mask and fighting crime. Which, thankfully, Lyla points out. C’mon, Dig.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Arrow, ‘Crossing Lines’: The Hunt For Diaz Takes Center Stage
BY CRAIG WACK · OCTOBER 30, 2018
http://oohlo.com/2018/10/30/arrow-crossing-lines-the-hunt-for-diaz-takes-center-stage/

Arrow is certainly trying to get its money’s worth out of Diaz. He’s as good a reason as any to introduce The Longbow Hunters, and present a danger to the broken pieces of Team Arrow. The writers are going to pretty good lengths to keep Diaz relevant, because how else to explain his sudden aptitude in biochemistry? Here’s everything you need to know about the latest episode of Arrow:
Sex and the Olicity: Same as last week, love is on hold in the land of Olicity.
What about the action: There were a couple of prison fights with Oliver that were okay. The most interesting action piece was a simultaneous three-prong fight when Watson, Rene, and Dinah were each paired off with a different Longbow Hunter. The best of that lot was was the fight involving Silencer, as when they cut to that particular battle, the audio was muffled. The sting was a failure. Diaz got away with what he was looking for, and Watson got demoted to fetching coffee in D.C. It wasn’t all bad; Felicity and Rene have their very own pet Longbow Hunter now.
Last impressions: This was another solid episode. It wasn’t spectacular. A month from now, there won’t be anything that will be particularly special about this episode. If the series has to center around Diaz, the writers are doing a solid job of keeping things interesting. Compared to similar episodes from recent seasons, Arrow is slightly ahead of the curve.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow season 7, episode 3 review: Crossing Lines
by Scott Brown October 29, 2018
https://bamsmackpow.com/2018/10/30/arrow-season-7-episode-3-review/

What’s been great so far about the prison storyline has been most everything so far. It’s Ollie at the most vulnerable that he’s been in this entire series. It’s also the most brutal that this series has been as well, which very much could go off the rails very quickly because the tone is drastically darker than everything else, but it works so well here. The rest of the show keeps pace with the brutality and darkness of the prison scenes, even if they aren’t quite as dark or as brutal, which makes sense comparatively.
With the team split up, Felicity continues to try her best to continue to gather allies to take down Diaz, which is much harder than expected. Felicity has very much been the main focus from the beginning and she continues to be here, for the better. Her story and vendetta against Diaz is more interesting that of the stories that Team Arrow is involved in combined. It’s nice that she organically brings in Dinah and Rene and equally nice that they are used as muscle here isn’t of the story being focused on them.

That being said, the storyline that flounders here is the A.R.G.U.S. storyline with Diggle and Curtis. It simply isn’t interesting. It’s a pretty basic hack-and-steal plot from a certain generic villain bank that has been seen time and time again. The only interesting thing is a confrontation between Diggle and Lyla about her actions with the mission. Could it possibly be a continuing story? Yes, but right now, it’s not all that interesting.
Arrow continues what is a very strong season so far with some great fights, great character moments, and a really interesting prison storyline that is completely engrossing.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

‘ARROW’ S7 Ep. 3 Review: “Crossing Lines”
By Jon Barr - TV Editor    OCTOBER 29, 2018
https://www.monkeysfightingrobots.co/arrow-s7-ep-3-review-crossing-lines/

The standout of “Crossing Lines” is definitely Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity. Felicity becoming more of an action-ready vigilante is interesting. While her moral dilemma is something we’ve seen with Oliver many times, but Felicity makes it new. Her storyline helps wrap the other Team Arrow friends into an unknown world. She even gives Agent Watson some interesting screen time (at long last). Felicity anchors an episode of ARROW that really elevates the season.
The Oliver prison plot still isn’t very strong. “Crossing Lines” definitely brings some exciting action back to ARROW. However, many of the characters in prison with Oliver weigh the episode down. The Bronze Tiger sympathy angle only works because it’s Michael Jai White saying it. Oliver’s small prison friend adds nothing to the story. Especially since we know Level 2 is the really dark area, it’s hard to know why we spent so much time with the Level 1 losers. That said, Oliver getting his hands dirtier with every day is an interesting enough arc.
The story line with the least impact was John and Lyla’s mission. It’s nice to see them back, but it’s a familiar story. Their relationship, and the secrets they keep, has been explored many times. The reason why it’s forgivable is because it’s nice that John and Lyla are present again. John Diggle hasn’t gotten his due in season seven yet, but “Crossing Lines” sets up an arc for him. Where he and Lyla will go from here makes their smaller problems okay.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The Greater Good: Arrow 7x03 Review (Crossing Lines)
jbuffyangel    October 30, 2018
http://jbuffyangel.tumblr.com/post/179602897283/the-greater-good-arrow-7x03-review-crossing

It is ludicrous how hard Felicity has to work to convince people to do their damn jobs. It was Diggle and Dinah last week. This week it’s Samandra Watson.
Felicity argues she’s the best person to catch Diaz because she knows everything about him and she’s a friggin genius. Samandra is completely clueless about the Longbow Hunters, but sure honey you are on top of things.
Rene is 99% to blame for Felicity and Oliver being in this situation.  If the writers aren’t planning on torpedoing Rene’s character entirely, then helping Felicity is the only way for this character to achieve some level of redemption for his actions. If Felicity needs a kidney, Rene should be first in line. Anything short of that the writers might as well L*urel L*nce his ass.
Yet again the other characters stand and look shocked while Diaz casually walks away. This is really aggravating me. If Diaz is constantly escaping because he’s such a master criminal then at least make it look believable.
What we’re seeing now is a woman who has nothing left to lose. She played by the system’s rules for five months and the system failed her. So, it’s time to find another way. This is no different from the reason Oliver became a vigilante. Oliver became a criminal to stop criminals. He circumvents the law all the time for the greater good, which is exactly what Felicity is doing. She has no faith in the law and why would she?
Nobody is really helping Felicity (effectively at least), so it is pushing her to do more things she wouldn’t normally do. However, if the shoe was on the other foot and Felicity was in jail, we wouldn’t bat an eye over Oliver crossing a few lines to secure her freedom. Felicity is simply doing whatever she can to get her husband and son back. Diaz plays outside the rules, so Felicity must do the same to beat him.
You mean like help Diggle? I thought you weren’t doing that anymore. I guess John is okay with crossing lines to protect his family, even though he left his best friend’s family high and dry.  
Anything Diggle says right now is dripping with hypocrisy. How is it possible that I still like Rene Ramirez better than John? What planet am I on? I would like my Diggle back, show.
Juicing Diaz into a Slade Wilson 2.0 wannabe doesn’t actually fix all the wrong with this character, but whatever.

• Love 4

Arrow Review: Crossing Lines (Season 7 Episode 3)
October 30, 2018  Brianna Martinez
https://www.telltaletv.com/2018/10/arrow-review-crossing-lines-season-7-episode-3/

Seeing Rene willingly support Felicity’s plan, even with his concerns about keeping Silencer in some sort of basement, is great to see. If there’s anyone that would understand crossing lines to get it done and why Felicity has to do it, it would be Rene.

It’s his support to help take down Diaz and his willingness to “get the team back together” that makes it feel like he’s one of the few members of the team, aside from Oliver and Felicity, that hasn’t lost sight of what the point of their team leader’s sacrifice was.
There’s really something irksome about the fact that some of these members of Team Arrow spent years living in the grey as they fought as vigilantes to keep their city safe only to suddenly believe that it’s all a matter of black and white when it comes to something this important as taking this man who has torn the city apart down.

From Diggle and Curtis bowing out from offering any help in “The Longbow Hunters” in favor of working for ARGUS to Dinah begrudgingly helping Felicity and Rene out with their plan throughout the hour, it’s just so frustrating to see this kind of hand-wringing given the situation.
Oliver’s arc so far has been interesting because he’s so determined to do what needs to be done. Though everyone thinks he’s not willing to cross any of those lines because everyone thinks he has this need to be a hero, he seems to surprise them.

His story is probably the best representation of how those lines between what’s considered heroic and what’s not begin to blur when it needs to be done.
Oliver and Felicity’s choices continue to parallel and show that though they’re apart, they’re still working towards a common goal. Here’s hoping they get close to accomplishing it soon.
He may be surrounding himself with more capable villains, but I still don’t see Diaz as this formidable villain that is to be feared and listened to.
It’s always fun when they remember that Oliver Queen has taken on The League, The Bratva, Ghosts, Mirakuru soldiers, and countless other formidable forces at times on his own. That’s what that prison fight scene feels like, and I am all about it.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Interview with Kodiak actor (no spoilers)...

Michael Jonsson – Arrow 
By starrymag | October 29, 2018
http://starrymag.com/michael-jonsson-arrow/

Q) What can you tease is new this season on “Arrow?”
A) Other than the Longbow Hunters aren’t to be messed with? Nothing really. The Arrow Production team runs an extremely tight ship and I wouldn’t want to give away any spoilers, even accidentally. They’re very secretive. Once, when filming an early episode, I was grilling a writer as to what’ll happen with the Longbow Hunters and they wouldn’t let ANYTHING slip. But being careful like that is how they continue to surprise the fans like they did with that epic premiere.

Q) Were you a fan of the series before joining the show?
A) Of course! “Arrow” is an exciting show with so much action and diversity. What’s not to like?

Q) How was your character Kodiak originally described to you?
A) For the audition, the breakdown was vague. Kodiak was called something different altogether. Until I got the script, I didn’t even know I was a Longbow Hunter, let alone Kodiak. That was three days before filming, so as I said – secretive. When I found out, I ran to my kids and yelled, “Guess who’s playing a super villain!” We all started screaming and jumping with excitement (which wasn’t too super-villainy, I guess).

Q) Was there anything you added to him that might not have been in the initial breakdown?
A) The “Arrow” writers were great. What he said in the audition was just like how he is in the comics and the script. The usual villain type – maniacal, egotistical… and a total badass. The only thing I’ve added is even more sarcasm.

Q) What kind of physical training did you have to do to prepare for this role?
A) Training is not so much a “prep” for me but rather a way of life. I work out or exercise four to six times a week whether a role calls for it or not. It makes me feel better and more energized. Since I’ve gotten the role though, I have gone into a bulking phase. I’ve also been hitting the bag more trying to master my kicks, so the stunt guys stop making fun of me.

Q) What was it like joining a cast that’s so connected on screen and off?
A) I thought it would be intimidating, especially since they are all so cool. Watching them at the SDCC, I could see their connection and I remember thinking “that crew is so tight!” But they were all so welcoming, so it was easy to get along. Plus, they are all so fun to hang out with.

Q) Talk about working with Stephen Amell.
A) He’s a great guy and fun to be around. His fans can tell from his tweets how funny and cool he is. How could you not be when you’re the winner of a WWE Slammy award?!

Q) What can you tease were some of your most memorable moments from filming?
A) This stunt crew is so talented. Some of the scenes with Kodiak and the other hunters were insane. Loved them! Working with fight choreographer Jeff Robinson, stunt coordinator Eli Zagoudakis and Kodiak’s stunt double Nathaniel Shuker, we have put together some pretty sweet action. I’ve also gotten close with the other Hunters, Holly Elissa and Miranda Edwards. They’re funny as hell!

Q) What do you think it is about the series that continues to make it such a fan favorite?
A) I think it’s a combination of how connected this cast is and how talented and hardworking they are. I know this season will be amazing, between Beth Schwartz’s leadership, the talents of the writers and Stephen and the rest of the crew and cast. To keep the fan’s interest for seven seasons is incredible, especially in the age of constant show turnover.

Q) Is there anything else you can tease about your time on “Arrow?”
A) It feels like they are amping up the action. Get ready for more fights and explosions. Also, this is speculation, but the flashes forward are going to be off the hook.

Q) As Arrowverse is a large social community are you looking forward to the instant fan feedback you’ll receive from the Arrowverse?
A) Yes and no. I have that pre-skydive feeling. I’m excited to jump into seeing the reactions, but I’m also fearful that the chute won’t open and I’ll free fall into missed expectations. But with anything in life, I like getting feedback (positive or negative), learning from it and trying consistently improve. Arrowverse fans deserve the best after all.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

The writers are going to pretty good lengths to keep Diaz relevant, because how else to explain his sudden aptitude in biochemistry? Here’s everything you need to know about the latest episode of Arrow:

We had his introduction using 3D printers to make designer drugs so it wouldn't have been absurd that he knew something about biochemistry.  But there was never anything that hinted he personally knew anything after that.  Actually, it would have made his character more interesting if they had made him a biochemical genius instead the Gary Stu thug.   

2 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

Maybe one of his goons gave him this for Christmas.

image.png.eb60a311d8e485e841d1327eef379cea.png

Anything to keep him busy and shut him up.  All that mumbling must be maddening to have to listen to

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

Late reviews of 701 and 702...

Arrow: 7.01 Inmate 4587
Steven Slatter  last week
https://www.thedigitalfix.com/television/content/13371/arrow-7-01-inmate-4587/

Inmate 4587 really shines whenever it took place within the prison; the atmosphere was amazing and the fight sequences were very well choreographed, getting to see a rugged Oliver, without his gadgets and armour, made for some hard-hitting sequences. While it followed a clichéd path, with Oliver coming into contact with past foes and once again giving him the arc of “I will not fight”, it was executed well, not dragged out and concluded to perfection. Stephen Amell can do no wrong at this stage, even in a bad episode he shines as either Oliver, or his alter ego, the conflict of wanting to reduce his sentence with good behaviour vs wanting to help the helpless was excellent, the performance captured that beautifully.

While the story is exciting and engaging when involving Oliver, anything outside the prison fails in comparison. The relationship between Felicity and William is fine, though the character progressions are very sudden; they’ve gone from having everything to nothing which at times felt a little forced. The return of Diaz was both welcome and unnecessary, again everything happened suddenly, and his character came from nowhere when he was thought to be dead. I suppose the shock factor worked well but his appearance to kill Felicity was confusing, as it was only a few scenes earlier that a dream sequence depicted the same thing; silly nit-pick but still irritating.

The remaining characters, Diggle, Rene, Dinah and Curtis served little purpose in this episode. It was a shame to see them take a smaller role in the background but, at the same time, it makes you wonder why they don’t just get rid of them. Their purpose has been served; if the season decides to go back down the root of Team Arrow, bringing them out of retirement, it would just be a re-tread and become mundane, as the last season did. Thankfully, it seems as though the Oliver-in-jail story arc will continue for a few episodes at the very least, which means there’s plenty of time to change the old dynamics for something more unique and invigorating.

Arrow: 7.02 The Longbow Hunters
Steven Slatter  November 2, 2018
https://www.thedigitalfix.com/television/content/13483/arrow-7-02-the-longbow-hunters/

Arguably, Inmate 4587 was the greatest season opener Arrow has ever had; it reinvigorated the series after a less than successful season six and generated some really interesting storylines. After only two episodes, motivations are clear, character arcs have been set and the main villains teased; what more could you ask for? The separate dynamics thus far are working well; Oliver in prison, Felicity trying to work with Diggle and ARGUS, and the remaining team Arrow doing their own things. While some are worse than others, they are all distinctive and entertaining in their own right.

As mentioned previously, the biggest issue this season has is with the shear amount of supporting characters. The stories involving the original crew of Oliver, Felicity, Diggle and Roy are all captivating. As each scene ends with them, the anticipation to learn more about the situation is superb. The same however cannot be said for the likes of Rene, Curtis, Dinah and Earth 2 Laurel. While their stories are by no means unwatchable, they crumble in comparison; the material just isn’t as interesting. Curtis simply fades into the background, Rene is just a man with a gun offering little and Dinah and Laurel’s forced reconciliation was a tough pill to swallow.
Oliver’s continuing struggle in prison is becoming a much loved storyline; now he’s moved passed the idea of playing it safe and hoping for early parole, the tension has really amped up. His Green Arrow antics, playing by prison rules is cleverly written, and motivations to help his family from the inside give his actions purpose and meaning, helping the audience to connect better. The idea of him starting a new Team Arrow from within the prison is currently working, offering some subtle yet effective comedic relief. It’s a dangerous path to be taking as if the “team” gets too big it could become very one note and boring but, for the time being, it’s great. Stephen Amell is taking full advantage of the grittier Oliver and his performance is showing his new enthusiasm.
As far as developing the current season, The Longbow Hunters is a fantastic continuation. It may still have some teething problems with its overcrowded supporting cast but, so long as their scenes are kept small and the majority of effort is kept with the main cast, then I have faith for this season’s success. The villains have shown a lot of potential and already made a huge impression that will no doubt be capitalised on further. The script is opening up character arcs like John and Felicity beautifully, which is being elevated thanks to great performances. Nothing thus far feels forced or cheesy and the current formula is working well. Keep up the good work Team Arrow.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Was Supergirl Too Close for Comfort? Is Rookie's Secret Out? ... And More TV Qs
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz and Charlie Mason / November 2 2018, 10:20 AM PDT
https://tvline.com/2018/11/02/supergirl-season-4-alien-immigrants-too-timely-tv-questions-answers/

6 | If room 3B of Arrow‘s Slabside prison is at the top of the main cell block’s staircase, how is Level 2 “downstairs”? (Like, is there a Level 1 that’s even deeper?) And after their recent prison fight club storylines, we have to ask: Are Arrow and Riverdale slowly becoming the same show? (They both feature vigilantes and archers, too!)

2 hours ago, bijoux said:

Oliver slung over Diggle’s soldiers made me laugh. Also, I find it shocking that Felicity hasn't whacked someone with a stick for two seasons. It seems like way too long.

Digg's arms are so might they could be their own soldiers, LMAO! 

• Love 1

Arrow Season 7 Episode 4 Review: “Level Two” 
Chris King   November 6, 2018
https://www.tvovermind.com/arrow-season-7-episode-4-review-level-two/

There’s a lot to admire about this week’s episode of Arrow, even if not every storyline during the hour comes together as well as other stories have over the first few weeks of Season 7. For example, much of the conflict between Dinah and Rene feels like manufactured drama, a plot whose sole purpose is to lead to Dinah giving Zoe the Canary pin so that we can be “surprised” when an adult version of Rene’s daughter appears in the flash-forwards at the end of the hour. Still though, even that mostly predictable story still provides “Level Two” with a strong scene between Diggle and Dinah, where the two former vigilantes are forced to confront what kind of people they want to be now that they are no longer members of Team Arrow. Both of them reflect on not just how they can fight for justice and uphold the legacy of Oliver but also how they can emulate other important figures in their lives, such as Dinah attempting to model her new tenure as police captain after the late Quentin Lance.
... And although Oliver wishes things had happened differently, he can’t just wipe away his identity and become an entirely new person.

Or can he? By the end of this week’s Arrow, it becomes clear what Dr. Parker’s goal is as he has Oliver undergo these “therapy” sessions. He wants Oliver to forget who he is, forget that he’s the Green Arrow, forget that he has a city and family to fight for, forget that he’s Oliver Queen. That’s why the doctor looks so pleased when Oliver states his name as “Inmate 4587” during one of the final scenes of “Level Two.” His “treatment” sessions with Oliver are working; Star City’s hero is forgetting who he is, and if he can’t hold on to that, if he can no longer believe in himself, then prison is a much scarier, more dangerous place than it ever was before. Because if Oliver Queen can’t remember what separates him from his fellow inmates, if he can’t remember that he’s a hero and not a criminal, if he’s not willing to fight back for those he loves, then he’s more lost than he’s ever been before.
For now, though, Felicity has the unlikely ally of Black Siren, and while their back-and-forth bickering is fun, the two best scenes between the frenemies are when they fake a fight that allows Silencer to escape so that they can track her back to Diaz and when Black Siren takes a moment to warn Felicity about the emotional cost of what she’s doing. Similar to her apology to Dinah a couple of episodes ago, Black Siren’s concern over Felicity’s moral conscience feels genuine in a way that almost none of her scenes with Quentin last season did, and this exchange brings some much needed humanity to Earth-2 Laurel without removing any of her snark or bite. This conversation is informed by Black Siren’s personal journey up until this point; she’s been someone who has let revenge consume her, and she understands just how great of an impact it can have on an individual’s soul. She wants to make sure Felicity is aware of the irreversible changes she may be dealing with if she continues with her vendetta against Diaz. Unlike Oliver, Felicity gets to be an active participant in her character’s transformation, as she keeps reaffirming her agency with each and every episode. However, just like her husband, Felicity also risks losing herself in this process to get Diaz; if those she loves can no longer recognize her, then will this mission have actually been worth it? These next few episodes should answer that question for us. I’m anxious to see what happens.
-You know what I’m also anxious to see more of after this episode? The flash-forwards. “Level Two” has the best flash-forward scenes of Arrow Season 7 so far, as William and Roy return to Star City, break into an abandoned Smoak Tech building (Smoak Tech, you guys!), and run into an older, more grizzled Dinah and an adult, vigilante version of Zoe. They also learn that Star City fell when “the Glades rose” and that, apparently, Felicity is dead (but all Arrow viewers know that this “cliffhanger” won’t stick; there’s no way the writers would kill Felicity off). I promise that if Felicity Smoak isn’t faking her death, then I’ll retire from writing Arrow reviews for good because I will have clearly failed this fandom with my predictions.

-“Do not hate on Beebo. He brings comfort to people of all ages.” That line is the best contribution Curtis has made to Arrow in a LONG time.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Arrow Just Revealed A Big Death And New Vigilante Are On The Way
 BY LAURA HURLEY   November 5, 2018
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2460809/arrow-just-revealed-a-big-death-and-new-vigilante-are-on-the-way

The good news is that there's hope for getting into the Glades and perhaps ending the bizarre blockade that apparently went up between the present timeline and the hellish flash-foward. They discovered a map showing routes in and out of the Glades when there were supposed to be none. Felicity was the woman William figured could help solve the mystery; unfortunately, Dinah's news means she's not an option.

That is, Felicity's not an option assuming she really is dead and didn't simply fake her death or go on an extended vacation to another Earth that resulted in her friends declaring her legally dead. It certainly wouldn't be the first time Arrow fake-killed somebody, and I find it difficult to believe that Arrow would really drop huge news about the death of a character in only the fourth episode of the season unless she's either not dead or not staying dead. Felicity fans shouldn't despair just yet!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Arrow, ‘Level Two’: Felicity’s Desperation Leads to Laurel’s Door
BY CRAIG WACK · NOVEMBER 6, 2018
http://oohlo.com/2018/11/06/arrow-level-two-felicitys-desperation-leads-to-laurels-door/

What’s the scoop:  There are co-plots this week that I’m sure will be related. First, is Felicity’s continuing saga. She’s ready to cross the line of torture to get what she needs out of her captive Silencer. Even for Rene, torture is a bridge too far and he says peace out, and joins the other story. That leads Felicity to seek help from Not-Laurel, who is busy not-lawyering in the D.A.’s office. Laurel puts in her nose ring and goes to work on Silencer, but to no avail. Felicity reconsiders torture, but Laurel reminds her that Diaz is all about the long game and Felicity needs to play to her strengths; think her way to a solution, rather than use violence. Felicity seemingly makes a mistake and lets Silencer escape, but she managed to put a tracking chip in Silencer’s belt. Now Team FeLaurel is on Diaz’s trail. The other plot is fairly by the numbers. An arson for hire ring is torching buildings in The Glades. Rene wants to enlist the help of Mystery Arrow in tracking down the culprit; to regain the city’s confidence, Dinah wants the police to be seen doing this. After a brief falling out and some help from Diggle, Dinah and Rene team up to thwart the arsonist. Mystery Arrow also pitches in, and Dinah lets him/her escape.

Meanwhile in B-plot land: Ollie has made it to Level 2 of the prison where he’s being tortured in various ways by the lead psychologist. Ollie relives that fateful time on the life raft that changed the course of his life forever. I think the show wants us to think the good doctor has successfully broken Ollie’s spirit … I’m not so sure. Ollie has endured worse, so it feels like he is giving the good doctor the answers he wants to hear, so Ollie can see how deep the Level 2 rabbit hole goes.

On the island of the future: Evidently, William and Roy spent the last two weeks traveling from Lian Yu to Star City, which has become a post-apocalyptic nightmare. The talisman’s chip leads the pair to the husk of Felicity’s company HQ. They come to learn that Dinah is now the Arrow (she also has a scar on her neck hinting that she can’t canary cry any more) and Zoe, Rene’s daughter, is Future Canary. The Glades has now become a walled off city unto itself, and there’s a bit of a civil war going on. And, oh yeah, Felicity is “dead.”
Last impressions: Arrow isn’t exactly burning through plot at the moment, but there are enough smaller storylines going on that we don’t really notice. It’s a far cry from the days when all characters were focused on one antagonist, and everybody stooped what they were doing when the big bad took time off to go on a cruise or something. I don’t know whether to golf clap or roll my eyes at the writers’ choice of channeling the long-coming Laurel redemption arc through Felicity. Overall, this episode falls in line with the rest of the season so far: solid but not spectacular. That is one hundred percent a complement; this show could have very well taken a turn for the uninteresting while it was stalling during crossover filming.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

WILLIAM AND ROY REACH FUTURE STAR CITY, WHILE FELICITY AND LAUREL TEAM-UP IN THE LATEST ARROW
Trent Moore   November 5, 2018
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/william-and-roy-reach-future-star-city-while-felicity-and-laurel-team-up-in-the-latest

Future Dinah also brought the biggest jaw-dropper of the episode: Felicity Smoak is dead at this point in the future. At least, she’s dead as far as Dinah knows. Roy and William came to Star City following clues and a signal they believed had been sent by Felicity, so there’s always a chance she faked her dead or that could be some type of fake out. Actually killing a character like Felicity in the future would be an absolutely wild twist, especially doing it off-screen like that. So, at this point, my money is on fake out.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow recap: Roy and William meet some familiar faces in Star City
CHANCELLOR AGARD  November 05, 2018
https://ew.com/recap/arrow-recap-season-7-episode-4/

We pick up with Roy and William arriving in Star City. Both men vowed never to return for reasons, and yet here they are thanks to Felicity. The Hozen reactivates and leads them to Smoak Technologies, which was one of several changes to Star City that was teased in the Legends of Tomorrow episode “Star City 2046.” At the beginning of the season, showrunner Beth Schwartz said that these flash-forwards weren’t connected to that episode (“This is our own future”), but clearly, that doesn’t mean the show won’t draw from it.
Nevertheless, Oliver continues to resist, so the doctor forces him to undergo electroshock therapy. During the procedure, Oliver imagines he’s on the life raft with William and kills himself to save his son’s life. (Stephen Amell delivers a devastating performance throughout the entire sequence.) However, it appears as though Wannabe Hugo Strange’s motives weren’t entirely pure. After the procedure has ended, he asks Oliver what his name is, and Oliver replies “Inmate 5487.” In other words, the doctor is trying to reform Oliver by erasing his entire sense of self, which definitely isn’t a good thing (and is also basically what Ra’s al Ghul tried to do in season 3. Oh, I wish we’d gotten to spend a bit more time with Al Sah-Him).

What I found interesting (and at times frustrating) about Oliver’s story in this episode was it touched on similar territory as the excellent season 5. The psychiatrist tells Oliver that he needs to let go of his past (a.k.a. the promise he made his father) or else he’ll hurt William. Not only that, but the entire setup of the episode (the chains, the claustrophobic cell) reminded me of season 5’s emotionally devastating episode “Kapiushon,” which saw Adrian Chase force Oliver to confront the idea that his vigilante mission was tainted from the beginning because he used it as a means to kill. Wannabe Hugo Strange makes a similar point here about the cycle of violence. Like “Kapiushon,” “Level Two” makes it clear that the doctor is up to no good, but still asks us to consider that he may at least have somewhat of a point. Look at the season’s flash-forwards, which show that Oliver’s mission has indeed taken a toll on his son. However, as was the case in season 5, I’m sure we can expect the show add a bit more nuance to the situation.
-I really enjoyed Earth-2 Laurel and Felicity’s dynamic. Their odd coupling brought some humor to their very heavy storyline.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Arrow Recap: A Tale of Two Felicitys
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 5 2018, 7:59 PM PST
https://tvline.com/2018/11/05/arrow-recap-season-7-episode-4-felicity-dead-in-future/

In perhaps the least compelling part of the episode, Oliver arrived on Slabside’s ominous Level Two, only to not meet Demon but instead be subject to the psychobabble of a Dr. Jarrett Parker. In a series of scenes that to me covered much of the same ground as his torturing by Prometheus, Oliver was pressed to revisit that moment that the playboy billionaire became Green Arrow. Hearing the story of what happened on the raft after the Queen’s Gambit‘s sinking, Parker argued that Oliver was not saved by his father’s dying words but condemned — and that he in turn may commit William to a murderous life.  Parker eventually uses “the machine” (a table with wires!) to make Oliver envision him and William on the raft instead. And what would Oliver tell his own son in that sitch? “You’re gonna get off this raft and have an amazing life, destined for great things…. Forget about me and go live your life.” Finally and seemingly “cracked,” Oliver says what Parker has been wanting to hear: “My name is Inmate 4587.”

In the boiler room where Rene chained up Silencer, Felicity was warned by the Longbow Hunter that Diaz is only getting stronger (literally true!), and the good guys have “no idea what’s coming.” With Rene unwilling to cross the line into torture, Felicity recruits Laurel to do the heavy, brutal lifting. Alas, Silencer keeps mum even when faced with Laurel’s particular set of skills. Laurel counsels Felicity not to employ worse tactics, saying that she wishes someone had stopped her back on Earth-Two before she got the first blood on her hands. Encouraged to use her big brain, Felicity sets up Silencer to “escape,” though with a tracker on her. Laurel commends her unlikely ally, noting that on Earth-Two, everybody knows Felicity… as the ruthless leader of a business empire.

Edited by tv echo

ARROW SEASON 7, EPISODE 4: "LEVEL TWO" REVIEW
BY JESSE SCHEEDEN   5 NOV 2018
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/06/arrow-season-7-episode-4-level-two-review

As far as problems go on Arrow, having too much of a good thing isn’t such a bad one. It’s certainly preferable to Season 6’s chronic inability to do anything interesting with the post-Prometheus status quo. That said, the series seems to have a major issue with prioritizing storylines. There are too many characters and parallel storylines playing out right now, and that clash is holding the new season back from its full potential.
A lot will depend on the payoff to this character and the reveal of their identity. If this is just some rando with a Green Arrow fetish, the writers may have a hard time justifying their inclusion. But if they turn out to be someone with integral ties to the Team Arrow family, maybe this will all turn out to be worth it. Heck, I’m not 100% willing to discount the idea that it’s actually Ollie under that hood.

The end result of the overstuffed nature of this episode is that while the individual pieces tend to satisfy, the sum isn’t greater than the parts. There’s a lot in this episode that would have benefited from a slightly more in-depth approach. That’s true above all for the standoff between Felicity and Silencer. I was really looking forward to seeing the series dig in with one of the Longbow Hunters for the first time, but Honor barely had any screen time this week before vanishing into the night again. The upside is that we did at least get a surprisingly effective team-up between Felicity and Laurel. This is the first Season 7 episode to really justify Laurel’s continued presence, drawing clear parallels between her original fall from grace on Earth-2 and the precarious position Felicity finds herself in.
Once again, Ollie’s prison ordeal proved to be the highlight of the week. That storyline underwent a drastically different tonal shift this week as Ollie learned firsthand what’s down on the Level 2. Not an army of even bigger, badder inmates waiting to take their revenge, but a mysterious psychiatrist named Dr. Jarrett Parker (Jason E. Kelly). Parker is an intriguing addition to Ollie’s ongoing struggle this season. Kelly plays him with just the right amount of ambiguity. He’s a threatening figure, but it’s not clear if he legitimately believes he’s helping Ollie or simply playing with his new toy.

Edited by tv echo

TV Review: ‘Arrow: Level Two’
NOVEMBER 6TH, 2018 BY DARRYL JASPER
http://sciencefiction.com/2018/11/06/arrow-review-level-two/

It’s all in the setup.

For “Level Two” to hold any type of significance to Arrow viewers, just remember that line. Because, despite not much going on in the fourth episode of the season, this week seemingly paves the way for the next several weeks more than any episode of the still-young seventh season.
While Oliver suffers, Felicity is going through her own transformation. It’s no surprise that, after nearly being killed in her home by Diaz, that she’d want to take action. In a few short episodes, she’s developed more as a character than she has in the previous two seasons. Yes, some of her methods for interrogating The Silencer on Diaz’s location is far from anything Felicity has ever done but she’s come to a near breaking point. She is flirting with that line, one that Rene and (surprisingly) Laurel warn her not to cross. Whether or not Felicity does something that she can never take back remains to be seen.
It’s unfortunate that the most interesting plotline this week gets the least amount of screen time. William and Roy’s future excursion into a much different Star City fosters so many questions. When Dinah shows up — along with the vigilante Zoe — even more questions abound. The catalyst behind this massive change — the once inner city Glades now risen to power and walling out Star City — is head-scratching to say the least, but there’s still so much left to be answered that giving the benefit of the doubt to this curious framing of the future can be forgiven…for now.

As the narration unfolds, “Level Two” offers more anticipation towards future development than actual meat and potatoes of the now. As the present timeline looks to create connections (Dinah and Rene, Felicity and Laurel, Oliver and Dr. Parker, etc) the glimpses into the past strongly hint at the destruction of these characters, in the figurative (and possibly literal) sense. “Level Two” is another forgettable chapter in Arrow’s seventh season but, unlike the others, offers promise that the power of the story’s development is right around the corner.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow season 7 debate: Do you buy into latest Felicity Smoak twist?
November 6, 2018
https://cartermatt.com/335966/arrow-season-7-debate-do-you-buy-into-latest-felicity-smoak-twist/

After all, is Felicity Smoak really dead, or is this yet another twist the writers are interested in throwing at us? We’re thinking a little bit more of the latter at the moment, mostly because of one key question: What is all of this for otherwise? Arrow is in a tricky spot at the moment. Its storytelling has been consistently strong, but also hopeless to the point of depression. For years, we’ve watched Oliver Queen try to save a city that, per the new flash-forwards, may not be capable of being saved. Everything has gone to hell once more, William thinks he was left by his family, and everyone is just in a near-constant state of misery.

If Felicity is actually dead, another question to ponder over is this: Can this future be changed? It’s a difficult thing to determine, mostly because this is not a Legends of Tomorrow sort of situation. What we’ve got here instead is a case of nobody in the present understanding the future; if they don’t know what becomes of them, all of a sudden, it becomes borderline impossible for them to change their fate. They’re just stuck in a near-constant cycle of sadness and misery and it’s rather tough for any of them to start to see their way out of it.

Yet, there’s gotta be a twist, and there has to be some element of hope that explains everything down the line. This is a season that is calling for a tremendous amount of patience but, in the end, we’re still telling ourselves that it will be worthwhile when the dust settles. We just hope that there are some answers, or some hope for the other side, before we get to the midway point of the season.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Was That Future Felicity Reveal True in 'Arrow' Season 7 Episode 4?
Meredith Jacobs   November 6, 2018
https://www.inverse.com/article/50540-arrow-season-7-episode-4-recap-future-felicity-dead

... According to Dinah, however, Felicity couldn’t have been the one guiding William and Roy because “Felicity Smoak is dead.”

But is she?

Who else could have led William to Roy on Lian Yu? Who else could have known that Oliver’s bow was buried on the island, with a note that Roy burned after reading inside? Who else would have led them to Smoak Tech and written the code that William needed to finish to open the safe there? Who else would’ve known Felicity’s favorite Rubik’s cube pattern?

Yes, Oliver could be involved and would know some of these things as her husband, but the coding has Felicity written all over it. And yes, Felicity could have set this all up before her death – we don’t know when that presumably happened – but it’s a stretch.
Furthermore, in the present, Earth-2 Laurel Lance told Felicity to use her brain to get information out of the Silencer about Diaz, and Felicity let the Silencer escape with her RFID chip-equipped belt that allow them to track her. However, Felicity let the Silencer think she was going to torture her. She pretended to be one thing (willing to torture) while she was another (being smart). What if in the future, she did something similar, pretending to be one thing (dead) when she’s another (alive)?

This wouldn’t be the first time someone was said to be dead in the future only for that not to be the case. In Legends of Tomorrow Season 1, the team traveled to the year 2046 and Oliver was presumed dead. They soon discovered he was alive. What if that’s the case with Felicity in this future?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The crux of Felicity’s moral quandary is how much of her humanity is she willing to sacrifice to protect her family? Most spouses and parents are willing to throw down with the devil if it means saving their loved ones, so Felicity’s indifference to her own spiritual well being is completely understandable. 

This is no different than all the moral quandaries Oliver has faced over the years and he always did what was necessary. That said, this is Felicity. We know what side of the argument Oliver would be on. 
Bl*ck S*ren practicing law and pretending to be L*urel is offensive. Felicity doesn’t pull any punches and tells Bl*ck S*ren exactly what 99.99% of the audience is thinking. Trust me, Arrow is fully aware of what they are doing.
Yeah, well Felicity is tired of almost being murdered on a weekly basis. Her superhero husband is locked up in prison, she sent her son away to friggin boarding school, her best friend abandoned her to play solider and help the way he wants rather than the way Felicity needs, her mother isn’t allowed outside the Vegas zip code for some reason, Curtis is single white female-ing her all over Star City, she’s homeless, and it’s been six months since she’s had sex.  I think it’s fair to say Felicity is fed up. If she wants something done then she has to do it herself. Where’s the damn screwdriver?
Felicity: Well, I’ve already accepted my old life is over so I don’t have anything left to lose.

Felicity’s attitude is almost fatalistic. She’s lost everything and everyone she’s tried to hold to, so what’s the point of trying to hold on to her soul? Her willingness to fight back is admirable and gives this character an agency that’s been sorely lacking at times. However, it’s another matter if Felicity has lost hope and is just saying, “The hell with it.”  

Yes, the old life Felicity and Oliver built is gone. Everyone knows he’s the Green Arrow now. There’s no changing that. They will be dealing with a new reality when he gets out of prison. However, Felicity is still fighting for a new life. She may not know what it looks like or how she’ll achieve it, but it won’t matter if Felicity has lost who she is in the process. Oliver and William still need a home to come back to. Their home isn’t a place. Their home is Felicity Smoak.
Dr. Parker apparently missed Arrow Season 5 and decides Oliver needs to come to grips with his past. Listen buddy, we already danced this dance. Adrian Chase tortured Oliver for hours and hours, he arrived at darkly misrepresented emotional truths, Felicity and Diggle set him straight, and then Oliver made peace with his father’s death. Watch episodes 5x17-5x23. You’re welcome.
Oliver has been shot with an arrow, stabbed, burned, bitten by a shark, poisoned, branded, sewed up his own bullet wound, tortured for days, fell off a mountain, and nearly died so many times I’ve lost count. This is a man who has an familiar relationship to pain, but this drug is making him cry out in pain every time he’s injected. What the bloody hell is in it???
There’s nothing wrong with William being the most important person to Oliver. Most parents would say their children are most important to them. It doesn’t mean they don’t love their partners. It doesn’t mean Oliver loves Felicity any less or she’s not a crucially important person in his life. The only reason Oliver is ready to be a good father is because he loves and is loved by Felicity Smoak.
Okaaaaay but really? Did Oliver really erase himself? NO. Why? BECAUSE WE ALREADY DID THIS IN SEASON 5! 
Everything Oliver discusses with Dr. Parker is rehashing of old issues he’s already dealt with. If this was the first time Oliver confronted his father’s death then I would say sure, we have something to worry about. But it’s not so we don’t.  
I don’t understand why Diggle advises Dinah to break the rules, but insists Felicity can’t break any to save her family.
Arrow knows Felicity dying is the worst thing fans can imagine. They know how important she is to the show and it’s why they constantly play around with her death. It creates instant drama and since Arrow is a dramatic television show this formula works for them.  We’ll all be worried about Felicity now (Sorry Oliver)
and our entire focus will be on whether she’s alive or not in the flash forwards. This is essentially Season 4 all over again, but I think with a better mystery.
The decision is not because of a writing choice though. My fundamental belief is Arrow would never willingly kill off Felicity Smoak because they aren’t kuku for cocoa puffs. However, if they lose the actress then they are forced to contend with other factors influencing their story choices. Think Nina Dobrev from The Vampire Diaries (yes, I am still crabby about it).
Sure. It happens, but I don’t believe it has. They may be telling us she’s dead, but there are plenty of bread crumbs to believe she’s still alive. That’s intentional. If the writers still have the actress, then I believe they will eventually use her in the flash forwards and her death is all a ruse.  
Personally, I think “Is Felicity dead or alive?” feels like a much stronger mystery than how she died, but that’s me. I know Arrow has played this game before, which makes people believe this time she’s really dead. It’s possible those people are right. It’s also possible Beth is banking on us believing it this time. 
Ten bucks Oliver and Felicity are being held inside The Glades and behind the wall. This all feels A.R.G.U.S. related somehow too.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

‘ARROW’ 7×04 REVIEW: ‘LEVEL TWO’
Posted on November 7, 2018 By Alyssa Barbieri
http://fangirlish.com/arrow-7x04-review-level-two/

Is there a more tortured character in the Arrowverse than Oliver Queen? Seriously, the amount of pain and suffering that this show has put Oliver through in seven seasons (which amounts to 12 years) is remarkable. It goes to show you the incredible strength and resiliency that this character has. You can bend him until you believe he’ll break. But he never breaks.
Instead, we have Dr. Parker trying to convince him that this wasn’t the moment that set his destiny to becoming a “hero” rather than becoming a “murderer.” Tell me a story I haven’t heard before. People calling Oliver, a self-sacrificial hero, a murderer because his methods are/were certainly questionable.
Never forget that Oliver is fighting for his family. He’s fighting for William. He’s fighting for Felicity. He’s fighting for them all. You think some drugs and poking around in his head is going to make him forget that? Lest we forget that Oliver is a master when it comes to this kind of stuff. The closest he’s coming to breaking was Prometheus, and even then it was a different nerve that he hit. The threat of harming his family is unlike any pain he can ever experience. We’ve seen it this season.
With each passing day that Diaz has not been caught (which is about 365 too many because this guy is the biggest joke this show has ever seen, and that includes multiple Canaries), Felicity slips further into the rabbit hole of darkness.

This is a woman who has dedicated herself to do whatever it takes — including teaming up with some ruthless like Black Siren — to get revenge against Diaz as a way to get justice for what he’s taken from her: Her family, her safety, and her life. No doubt losing your family and everything you hold dear is enough to drive anyone to the extremes Felicity has gone. And if anything, that makes her more dangerous than Diaz ever expected.

At one point Felicity tells Laurel this: “I’ve already accepted that my old life is gone.”

That’s the sound of a woman with nothing to lose (as her family has been ripped away from her) and every reason to go all-in on bringing this lizard down. Felicity believes that Oliver is never coming back to her. Felicity is convinced she and William won’t be safe until Diaz is dead. And she’s not going to stop fighting for her family until they’re safe.

Also, Felicity can make me like pretty much anyone. Because, honestly, I really liked the scenes between Felicity and Laurel in this episode. It flowed well from a chemistry standpoint but also from a storyline point. You have someone like Laurel, who has already bathed in the darkness for an extended amount of time, and you have someone like Felicity, who has long been the light in the darkness of everything. But now, the light is gone. But hopefully and most likely, not forever.

Felicity and Laurel complimented each other in a weird, unique way. Like it worked somehow. It was interesting to watch these two characters interact and work together to fight a common enemy: Diaz. I’m actually looking forward to seeing these two moving forward?
If there’s anything that’s clear from this week’s flash forward it’s that the children of our present heroes are taking over. Or, at least this will be the start. William is assuming the role of Felicity — the techie that’s here to save all of their asses — and we’ve just met the new Black Canary, which just happens to be Rene’s daughter Zoe. Which means we’re still waiting for a new Green Arrow and perhaps a new Spartan. J.J. is out there. And there’s a possibility of a certain couple’s daughter coming into play.
It also makes you wonder why Arrow would show a future so grim. Isn’t this supposed to be a show that, inevitably, we’re left with some closure in knowing that our favorite characters get to live out their lives in semi-happiness? But at the same time, this is Arrow. It’s always been dark. It’ll always be dark. Why should we expect anything else?
Arrow is so cute for trying to make us believe that Felicity Smoak is dead in the future. Number 1: They’d never do it; Number 2: They know we know they’d never do it; Number 3: They know we know they know we know they’d never do it.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1