Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, quarks said:

The Supernatural cast, who are on legacy contracts to begin with, apparently re-negotiate every year. 

What are legacy contracts? Do they have anything to do with Supernatural starting on the WB before it became The CW?

1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

What are legacy contracts? Do they have anything to do with Supernatural starting on the WB before it became The CW?

Yep. The CW inherited Supernatural back in 2006 - they didn't purchase it. Because Supernatural is a legacy show, it isn't subject to the same base contract rates and stipulations negotiated for the other CW shows, and undergoes separate negotiations - meaning that day players on Supernatural can earn a slightly different fee than day players on Jane the Virgin and Arrow, who earn the same fee despite being on shows produced by different production companies in different countries. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, quarks said:

Yep. The CW inherited Supernatural back in 2006 - they didn't purchase it. Because Supernatural is a legacy show, it isn't subject to the same base contract rates and stipulations negotiated for the other CW shows, and undergoes separate negotiations - meaning that day players on Supernatural can earn a slightly different fee than day players on Jane the Virgin and Arrow, who earn the same fee despite being on shows produced by different production companies in different countries. 

That probably explains why I read that Jensen and Ackles are on like $175 000 an Ep while Stephen and Grant are on $35 000 an Ep. 

49 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

That probably explains why I read that Jensen and Ackles are on like $175 000 an Ep while Stephen and Grant are on $35 000 an Ep. 

With the caveat that I know nothing about their specific contracts, I think their rumored per episode salaries for Supernatural's leads come more from a) ongoing negotiated raises and b) post-view residuals/licensing fees, not the base negotiated salary.

Largely because that base salary for major role performers on Supernatural this season is a little under $9000 per episode.

I had it in my head that  Grant and Stephen were making a lot more money than that.  I have no idea where I got this, but I thought I read that Stephen was paid $2 million a year which breaks down to $75 -$100k per episode. If Grant and Stephen are making $35k an episode, I wonder how much the other regulars are paid?  I'm sure they got EBR for cheap for at least 3 years if not more, but scaling down from $35k, I wonder what experienced actors like David Ramsey, Willa or Candice are making? Just curious, as like many people I assume that TV stars just roll around on a bed of money.

Edited by thegirlsleuth
  • Love 1

According to TV Guide, Stephen started out at $30k per ep though I wonder if he’s been bumped up since syndication (even with his original contract). Of course, that fan convention article he hated in THR suggested he makes up to $250k per weekend, so he’s doing fine. 

45 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I believe it's fairly common for actors to get raises before their contracts are up so I think he probably makes more then 30k now.

Considering the CW is notoriously cheap I wouldn't be so certain. 

1 hour ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I had it in my head that  Grant and Stephen were making a lot more money than that.  I have no idea where I got this, but I thought I read that Stephen was paid $2 million a year which breaks down to $75 -$100k per episode. If Grant and Stephen are making $35k an episode, I wonder how much the other regulars are paid?  I'm sure they got EBR for cheap for at least 3 years if not more, but scaling down from $35k, I wonder what experienced actors like David Ramsey, Willa or Candice are making? Just curious, as like many people I assume that TV stars just roll around on a bed of money.

Well, some TV stars - hello, cast of Big Bang Theory! - are rolling round on a bed of money, but that tends to be the exception, not the rule.  In terms of most CW regulars - definitely not. Sure, a few of the more name/recognized actors are presumably doing ok, and the original Supergirl cast members came in on only slightly reduced CBS salaries. But otherwise, no. The base salary for a CW actor filming fewer than five days in an eight day filming period is $3,320 per episode, before fees and taxes. For a 23 episode show, that's under $80,000 per year - assuming they are credited for all 23 episodes. That does go up for actors filming more than five days in an eight day filming period - but CW shows are notorious for scheduling actors so that they only have to come in for a portion of the filming schedule to avoid having to pay the higher "major role" base rates. And yes, that includes actors credited as regulars, but paid as weekly, non "major role" performers. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, quarks said:

Well, some TV stars - hello, cast of Big Bang Theory! - are rolling round on a bed of money, but that tends to be the exception, not the rule.  In terms of most CW regulars - definitely not. Sure, a few of the more name/recognized actors are presumably doing ok, and the original Supergirl cast members came in on only slightly reduced CBS salaries. But otherwise, no. The base salary for a CW actor filming fewer than five days in an eight day filming period is $3,320 per episode, before fees and taxes. For a 23 episode show, that's under $80,000 per year - assuming they are credited for all 23 episodes. That does go up for actors filming more than five days in an eight day filming period - but CW shows are notorious for scheduling actors so that they only have to come in for a portion of the filming schedule to avoid having to pay the higher "major role" base rates. And yes, that includes actors credited as regulars, but paid as weekly, non "major role" performers. 

Wow. I had no idea. I mean, I knew TBBT folks were some kind of exception, but I really assumed that actors who were regulars on TV shows we’re making more than 80K/year. Not that that’s not a very good salary, but given the lifestyles many actors - even not big name actors - seem to lead, I assumed more were rolling around on at least cots of money.

• Love 1

If your on a major network and on a decent show you'l probably end up making at least 100k somewhere down the road. But that is why promoting products on IG has become such a big thing with them, some make more money for copying and pasting a sentence then acting on a show.

11 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Well maybe that explains why the TV actors do so many Cons. Depending on how popular they are they can make a good amount for a weekend from those. 

Yep - and it turns into a kinda sick system, if you ask me: TV actors grab genre roles so that they can do the con circuit between gigs (periods which can last for a year or a lot more - periods where the actors aren't earning anything) - which in term makes them willing to take the genre roles at rock bottom contract prices, which in turn makes them desperate for con gigs, which in turn.....you can see where this is going.

I'm not saying all genre actors end up going this route, but it happens.

And yes, a number of celebrities are supplementing their incomes through Instagram. 

• Love 2

'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell To Be Involved In Another Wrestling Event With Cody Rhodes
By Damian Seeto  01/11/2018 
http://emptylighthouse.com/arrow-star-stephen-amell-be-involved-another-wrestling-event-cody-rhodes-533886073

Since Cody Rhodes left the WWE in 2016, Amell has not been really that involved with professional wrestling until now. Rhodes has organized his own wrestling event called 'All In 2018' and Amell will be a part of the show.

Amell confirmed his involvement on the show via his official Twitter account. The event will take place on September 1st, 2018 and will star some of the hottest stars in the wrestling industry today.

Edited by tv echo

It's always interesting to see how some site writers report/interpret the same news...'

Arrow's Stephen Amell Says It Was Always Going to Be Oliver and Felicity
By NICOLE DRUM - January 13, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/01/13/stephen-amell-olicity-arrow/

The relationship between Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak is one that can be divisive among fans of The CW's Arrow. While there are many who dislike the pairing, still others have been cheering for the couple since nearly the very beginning of the series and now, the show's star says that Olicity was always going to happen.

During an appearance at Heroes & Villains Fan Fest in Portland, Oregon today, Amell told fans that there never was another plan for who Oliver would end up with romantically.

"In our show, it was Oliver and Felicity, and it was going to be them no matter what," Amell said.

For fans of the couple, this may not seem like news considering how popular the pairing has been since they first became a couple at the start of Arrow's third season. The show spent the next two seasons bringing the characters together only to have them break up with a lot of unresolved feelings and tensions between them before finally settling the issue during the final moments of this season's four-show crossover. During the last hour of "Crisis on Earth-X," the pair decide to get married alongside The Flash's Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) and Iris West (Candice Patton) in an impromptu post-Nazi invasion ceremony -- a move that some fans and even characters themselves weren't happy about. In fact, Arrow fans were so upset with not just how the wedding was handled, but that it had taken place at all that the show's Subreddit briefly turned its support to Marvel's Netflix series The Punisher in protest.

While Amell's comments are unlikely to settle the Olicity issue for fans of the show, the couple being married and definitively together is likely a positive thing for Arrow. With the characters irrevocably together and the relationship settled, the "will they or won't they" drama that many feel cluttered the story in earlier seasons is gone giving the show's writers and producers the opportunity to look for new sources of drama -- including the fracturing of Team Arrow at the end of the midseason finale which couldn't come at a worse time. This season's big bad Cayden James (Michael Emerson) has teamed up with a number of villains to go after Green Arrow, a grouping that Emerson told ComicBook.com was like an "axis of evil."

Edited by tv echo

I had to go back to Comicbook.com and GreenArrowTV because I never realized until after reading this article that those sites never included what prompted Stephen to say this. And they were interpreting the response in a very weird way, claiming that Olicity was the plan from day one or something similar. This one provided a bit more of the con question and answer.

• Love 3

^^^ Thanks for that. Yep, people seized on the SA quote and then put their own spin on it.

I really wish I could find video of this portion of SA's panel at HVFF-Portland, but so far, no luck.

Edited by tv echo

'Arrow' EP on Why Oliver Queen Is the Darkest Hero in the Arrowverse
By NICOLE DRUM - January 15, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/01/16/arrow-marc-guggenheim-oliver-darkest-arrowverse-hero/

But among them, Oliver Queen/Green Arrow (Stephen Amell) always seems to be the darkest -- and we don't just mean because he spent a large swath of Arrow's first five seasons brooding. With Oliver, the darkness is more than just his personality and that's something that the show's executive producer, Marc Guggenheim acknowledges. In a recent interview with ComicBook.com, Guggenheim explained that the darkness is "the essence" of Oliver Queen.

"To me, the essence of the character really goes back to the pilot," Guggenheim said. "The fact that at the end of act one, he had his hand around his mother's throat. And at the end of act two, he killed a guy by breaking his neck."
Over time, Oliver has gotten further away from the grim, dark violence of his early vigilante career -- working with a team instead of alone, moving away from killing, considering consequences -- but he is still the hero most likely to reach back into his dark past and it's something that Guggenheim says makes him the darkest among his Arrowverse counterparts.

"And of all the characters in the Arrowverse, he is the hero who is the least predictable and who is willing to go to the much darker places than any of the other characters are willing to go," Guggenheim explained.

Edited by tv echo
On 1/15/2018 at 2:31 PM, SmallScreenDiva said:

I had to go back to Comicbook.com and GreenArrowTV because I never realized until after reading this article that those sites never included what prompted Stephen to say this. And they were interpreting the response in a very weird way, claiming that Olicity was the plan from day one or something similar. This one provided a bit more of the con question and answer.

Ha!  This a quote from GATV

Sorry, Laurel, Sara, McKenna, Helena, Shado, Susan, and Slade. You never had a chance.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

What, they forgot Barry?  Don't they know how many Oliver/Barry fic there are out there?

Fun fact: there are more than twice as many Oliver/Barry fics (1103) as there are Oliver/Laurel fics (410) on AO3. 

Edit: Because I was bored, here are the numbers for fics in the Oliver/??? tag on AO3 (when not logged in):

Oliver/Felicity: 9884
/Barry: 1103
/Laurel: 410
/Tommy: 313
/Sara: 261
/Slade: 169
/Diggle: 143
/Thea: 105
/Kara: 57
/Nyssa: 40
/Quentin Lance: 36
/Helena: 29
/Shado: 25
/McKenna: 18
/Susan: 18

And the Dinah Lance/Oliver Queen tag: 370

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I really hope those Oliver/Thea fics are just sibling fics. Because if not, ??.

I have never looked myself (too scared) but apparently some are actual romantic fics.

Haha you can thank Laurel and her anti chemistry with Oliver for those fics ?

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I really hope those Oliver/Thea fics are just sibling fics. Because if not, ??.

Haven't looked at them myself, but Queencest was a thing, very early on.  I remember a lot of comments from those who saw a rather inappropriate level of chemistry between SA and WH early in the show. Add that to the total lack thereof between SA and KC, and there was Queencest.  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Haven't looked at them myself, but Queencest was a thing, very early on.  I remember a lot of comments from those who saw a rather inappropriate level of chemistry between SA and WH early in the show. Add that to the total lack thereof between SA and KC, and there was Queencest.  

Ah the early days of Arrow. I remember people genuinely debating whether to support the show pulling a Lannister. Then Felicity came along and the debate was settled. 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Yeah, I remember being baffled because I never saw any romantic chemistry between them. But you're right that they probably are Queencest fics. I definitely won't be clicking to check, LOL.

• Love 1

I really hope those Oliver/Thea fics are just sibling fics. Because if not, ??

Nope, Lauriver was such a turn off and had so little chemistry people went all in on incest fics with Oliver/Thea in S1. 

It didn't help that SA/Willa have a nice chemistry and Willa may have (unintentionally) played up an attraction.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

One still shows up in one of my feeds.  ?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Yeah, I remember being baffled because I never saw any romantic chemistry between them. But you're right that they probably are Queencest fics. I definitely won't be clicking to check, LOL.

If memory serves, the big moment came in episode five - a moment where Thea (or Willa Holland) was rubbing Oliver's leg as they were sitting on the couch.  

Some people on Television Without Pity thought this was mildly inappropriate and that Willa Holland should dial it back. Others wondered if Amell and Holland had started sleeping together.

And still others started writing Queencest fics.

• Love 3

20 Things You Never Knew about “Arrow” 
Nat Berman  January 17, 2018
http://www.tvovermind.com/arrow-2/20-things-never-knew-arrow

There are Many References to the Color Green
It’s not too surprising to see a lot of references to green – this is a Green Arrow show, after all. Keen-eyed viewers will have noticed that the number on Queen’s prison uniform, for example, was 399471. This is actually a hexadecimal code for the color green. Plus, Queen’s club Verdant has a name that literally means “green with grass or other rich vegetation”. In addition, the logo’s arrow points directly down at the Green Arrow’s hideout. There are many other green references in this show. Next time you watch, be sure to keep an extra eye out for any more of these mini-Easter eggs.
Felicity Smoak Wasn’t Supposed to Be a Main or Recurring Character
Fan-favorite Felicity Smoak is a technological genius – and the current wife of Oliver Queen – who is played by Emily Bett Rickards. She made her first brief appearance in the first season, but was soon offered a recurring series regular position due to her popularity with the fans. She was only originally offered a single episode – but look at where she is at now. She has just entered her fifth season on the show as a series regular, and her marriage to the main character (Oliver Queen) suggests that this will almost certainly be a long-term arrangement.
Stephen Amell’s Workouts Are Incorporated
Stephen Amell is a strongman and fitness expert in his own time. The pilot of Arrow showed Amell performing a stunt called the salmon ladder workout. It turns out that this is actually a part of Amell’s daily exercise routine. It was the creators of the show that suggested adding this workout to the pilot, as they were attempting to show that Oliver Queen was as strong as the individual who played him. Plus, when Amell played Queen, the roles melded together – so much of his personal life leaked into his performance that the two became instantly indistinguishable.
The Skyline Shots Are from Many Cities
In order to create a good-looking skyline that doesn’t call out any one city in particular, the Arrow crew used footage from all over the world to create Starling City. Footage used in Arrow comes from Frankfurt, Germany; Center City, Philadelphia; Baltimore, Maryland; Back Bay, Boston; and Tokyo, Japan. Plus, according to maps seen in the sh Starling City itself appears to be roughly in the Chicago area – yet not a single Chicago skyline shot shows up at all.
Arrow Was Marketed with a Short Comic
At the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con, DC released a comic written by Andrew Kriesberg and illustrated by Omar Francia. The comic was meant to drum up some excitement for the upcoming release of Arrow. Chances are, there were a significant amount of recorded views that resulted from this particular form of marketing. Of course, the material was later released for free – another wise marketing choice to reach the maximum number of people with minimal effort. Without these advertising campaigns, who knows where the ratings would have been for Arrow? We may not have even had the six seasons that Arrow boasts today, as it might not have even gotten off the ground in the first place.
Season One Was the Best in Five Years
Before Arrow, CW wasn’t having an easy time keeping up with ratings and generally remaining profitable. However, after Arrow was released, they saw their ratings increase as well. The show ended up receiving a Metacritic score of 73/100, based on reviews from 25 critics. Rotten Tomatoes give it an even better rating, with 86% based on 35 reviews. If you’ve seen Arrow, you will know that these scores are well-deserved. The cast, crew, writers, and directors on the show are some of the very best in Hollywood.
Arrow is one of the best contemporary offerings from DC. With the inclusion of The Flash, Vixen, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl into the DC universe, there is a huge pool of characters and scenarios the writers can pull from. Hopefully we will see more crossover episodes, and maybe even new series that feature some more of our favorite DC heroes and heroines. DC is entering a new age, one of integration between all of their shows and films. Hopefully they are building towards something big – and they probably are, considering their track record. It might be a pipe dream right now, but a feature-length film with all of the best DC heroes would be incredible.

We can thank Arrow for a lot of it. The Arrowverse is a great place for DC to test new concepts and shows, as well as versions of characters that they may not make it on their own. Whether you are a fan of Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Vixen, or Legends of Tomorrow, you already know that we can expect more great things from DC in the future.

The Green Arrow Took Real Archery Training
The Deserted Island Sequences are Misleading
The Green Arrow Costume is Functional
There are Many References to the Color Green
The Queen Mansion Was Used in Other Shows
Felicity Smoak Wasn’t Supposed to Be a Main or Recurring Character
John Diggle’s Name is an Homage to a DC Writer
Brandon Routh Played Superman
Stephen Amell Was the First to Audition for Oliver Queen
Harley Quinn Has a Voice-Only Cameo
Oliver Queen Uses a $1400 Bow
Some of Deadshot’s Tattoos are Real Names
The Arrows on the Show are CGI
Sin’s Nickname for Roy is Based in Reality
Starling City Police Department Isn’t What It Seems
Stephen Amell’s Workouts Are Incorporated
Arrow Was Marketed with a Short Comic
Season One Was the Best in Five Years
Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim Takes Great Pride in the Show

Edited by tv echo

Here's an article about the 2012 Arrow short comic that's mentioned above...

The Easter Eggs in The First Appearance Of Arrow
BY JEFFREY BARTEL TUESDAY, APRIL 12TH 2016
http://cw14online.com/cw14-shows/cw-shows/the-easter-eggs-in-the-first-appearance-of-arrow

Arrow - Special Issue "Test Drive"
Written by Andrew Kreisberg; Marc Guggenheim; Greg Berlanti; & Geoff Johns
Illustrated by Omar Francia

Back in 2012, DC Comics gave away copies of a 10 page comic at conventions, promoting the fall launch of its much anticipated new superhero show, Arrow.
They also bundles a few copies of the comic in with posters for the show, and sent them to CW affiliates to drum up excitement.
First, a quick recap of the story of the comic ...
The first five pages show how a pre-island Oliver Queen gets pulled over, and gets out of a ticket with a quick call to his dad.
The final five show a businessman, Mr. Patel, taking a helicopter ride towards a presumably illegal transaction - when the Arrow appears, mid-air, nabs Patel and disappears. Patel is found hung from a wall by arrows, with a box of incriminating evidence at his feet. 
In the final page, Arrow's thought caption reads: "One more down. A city full to go."
So, ultimately, what does the comic accomplish?

-- It makes pains to establish was a delta bravo Oliver Queen was, pre-island.
-- Pa Queen frequently had to get his son out of trouble with the law.
-- As Arrow, Oliver is willing to jump into a flying helicopter
-- The villain is a corrupt business man - nothing supernatural. The comic indicates the grittier, more realistic take on a superhero that Arrow would deliver on.

What's also interesting is what isn't referenced:

The island. Laurel Lance. Thea. Moira. And certainly not Felicity.

Edited by tv echo

Wait, what?   I thought that Stephen Amell said that it was the producers who asked him if he could do the salmon ladder, he said he could and then he has to learn it fast. How did his real life bleed into the character?

MG has said multiple times that they made Felicity recurring because of how the producers and suits felt, not the fan response.

The information about how they use the colour green is interesting. But can I trust It? #FakeFacts

Edited by statsgirl
my autocorrect changed the A in Amell to an S. Twice
  • Love 3

Yeah and I don't think Starling/Star City was shown on the map as Chicago more than once or twice versus many times as basically Seattle and are they really trying to claim that some promotional comic is what made Arrow a hit? And I loved that they just had to write that Felicity was "the current wife" of Oliver.  They can't let go of Nyssa or the hope that Felicity won't stick around, lol.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The information about how they use the colour green is interesting. But can I trust It? #FakeFacts

I think that comes from the IMDb trivia for the show. And I really don't think much of SA's real personality bleeds through into Oliver, somewhat thankfully. 

7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah and I don't think Starling/Star City was shown on the map as Chicago more than once or twice versus many times as basically Seattle and are they really trying to claim that some promotional comic is what made Arrow a hit? And I loved that they just had to write that Felicity was "the current wife" of Oliver.  They can't let go of Nyssa or the hope that Felicity won't stick around, lol.  

Yeah I'm sure a short tie in comic that didn't even contain many popular characters/storylines was the big reason the show was a hit. 

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 0:55 PM, tv echo said:

In fact, Arrow fans were so upset with not just how the wedding was handled, but that it had taken place at all that the show's Subreddit briefly turned its support to Marvel's Netflix series The Punisher in protest

Well at least they admit reddit would have thrown a temper tantrum no matter how the wedding was handled or the fact that Felicity exists at all. The show had numerous chances to go back to Lauriver or create a love triangle between them but never did, they went with Ray instead and by the time she died they hadn't had any hint of a relationship for years.

Re the Queencest fics, well I guess the show could have done something with it (not an actual relationship but a storyline about Thea getting a crush on Oliver), there's a known phenomenon of siblings occasionally becoming attracted to each other if they have a long separation or meet as adults, but this show could never have handled it well considering the Lance sister storyline. 

16 hours ago, Chaser said:

Nah. It’s #Poppy.

#Blessed

15 hours ago, quarks said:

If memory serves, the big moment came in episode five - a moment where Thea (or Willa Holland) was rubbing Oliver's leg as they were sitting on the couch. 

The moment I went "woah!" is this pretty early on ... episode 2? There was A LOT of looking and some lingering touching, too, if I remember correctly.

tumblr_mhepnzfQ141qlq3doo2_250.gif

6 hours ago, tv echo said:

In order to create a good-looking skyline that doesn’t call out any one city in particular, the Arrow crew used footage from all over the world to create Starling City. Footage used in Arrow comes from Frankfurt, Germany; Center City, Philadelphia; Baltimore, Maryland; Back Bay, Boston; and Tokyo, Japan. Plus, according to maps seen in the sh Starling City itself appears to be roughly in the Chicago area – yet not a single Chicago skyline shot shows up at all.

Fun fact: The Empire State building occasionally shows up outside of Felicity's loft. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

The moment I went "woah!" is this pretty early on ... episode 2? There was A LOT of looking and some lingering touching, too, if I remember correctly.

tumblr_mhepnzfQ141qlq3doo2_250.gif

Ha!  She really is enjoying his muscles there. Petting the biceps.  

Episode two was also the episode where she's begging him to open up to her and let her in and instead he shows up at Laurel's door (with ICE CREAM)  and I was so pissed on Thea's behalf but it does in a way put Laurel and Thea on the same plain when it comes to competing for his attention.  

• Love 1
17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That's true. People even figured out that the numerical part of the password Felicity gave in the crossover was for a shade of green.

16 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I wanted to ask about when SC was shown to be in the Chicago area. And the current wife bit made me giggle. Until next year's model. Sure.

16 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

It was bad enough to retroactively know Tommy was Thea's half brother back when she had a crush on and kissed him.  

I liked that the show had Thea acknowledge it and be skeeved out about it.

• Love 1

This is so weird...

We Matched Your Favorite Heartthrobs to Famous Works of Art Using Google’s New Feature
Written by Zachary Zane on January 16, 2018
https://hornetapp.com/stories/google-arts-and-culture-app/

The Google Arts and Culture App has been around for two years, but it’s recently taken social media by storm, thanks to the discovery of a quietly added update — a selfie feature.

Now you can take a fabulous photo of yourself and the app will search through thousands of works of art to see if any of them look like you.
The app then reveals five photos you’re able to scroll though, telling you the percent match you are with each of the works.
4. Colton Haynes as “Portrait of a Young Girl” by Pierre-Auguste Renoir
IMG_3162-800x800.jpg 

Edited by tv echo

Black Superheroes Are Second To None, But It Wasn't Always That Way
By Ricardo A. Hazell  January 16, 2018
https://www.theshadowleague.com/story/black-superheroes-are-second-to-none-but-it-wasn-t-always-that-way

Indeed, we are our traumas, and those traumas dictate how we respond to a particular stimuli. My traumas are telling me that Diggle from Arrow is a better fighter than Oliver Queen, and they wonder aloud why, despite having more training and more muscle than Queen, that he is written to take the backseat role.  Those same traumas tell me that introducing such a potentially powerful character as Mister Terrific, then grossly miscasting him with Echo Kellum, as well as introducing him as a secondary character to Arrow, is a complete waste of yet another favorite Black character.

Edited by tv echo