Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, DeadZeus said:

Hour long action is too much obviously, but a bit more each episode could do wonders IMO.

The problem with a lot of the action sequences lately is that they are incredibly boring. Also, repetitive. And there are no stakes really. Almost pro forma. That began the moment they started adding more masks to the show and took the spotlight away from Oliver. 

The one time I remember from recent episodes where things got exciting was when Oliver found himself outnumbered in the MSF. Suddenly, there was real danger. I would have liked seeing more of Oliver just taking the goons down without the bird's help. 

Also, all the stunts now seem to be fights. Remember when Oliver & Felicity were ziplining out of buildings or swinging across landmines? I want more of that. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 17

I think to get better fight scenes they'll need to:

• Take away the dumbass Canary Cries and the T-Spheres - they end up being almost like dues ex machinas (too convenient)
  • Make only 1-2 people go out into the field at a time you don't need 4 people out in the field all the time jfc
  • Not have Bamford direct and actually have him maybe focus on the stunts more because he's become sloppier since he's started directing
  • Love 17
32 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

I think to get better fight scenes they'll need to:

• Take away the dumbass Canary Cries and the T-Spheres - they end up being almost like dues ex machinas (too convenient)
  • Make only 1-2 people go out into the field at a time you don't need 4 people out in the field all the time jfc
  • Not have Bamford direct and actually have him maybe focus on the stunts more because he's become sloppier since he's started directing

Yup, totally agree. Both are boring and visually unappealing. Like, really, a guy throwing balls? Someone who screams and looks like they're taking dumps? 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I think they need to hire a new Stunt Director. Clearly Bamford is stretched to thin between Producer and Director gigs and has possibly run out of ideas

He has no producing duties, at most he's picking up more directorial stuff. He's been doing the Second Unit directing for awhile now, other than that and getting more directing episodes per year that producing credit is name only.

5 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

The stunts now seem to be fights. Remember when Oliver & Felicity were ziplining out of buildings or swinging across landmines? I want more of that. 

This.

They all seem to be fights and it's so dark I can't make out who's who. Even that big fight of Thea' s that Bam Bam was boasting about I found boring. Shake it up a bit ... The elevator swing in s1 and the zipping away from the clock tower before Lyla blew it up is what people remember.

The  title is "stunt director", not "fight coordinator ".

• Love 6

While to me the T-Spheres are stupid since Curtis literally just throws them at someone like a baseball. It isnt even an appealing weapon like say Xena's Chakram. But I am fine with the Canary Crys and I dont think they take away from the fights to much. 

But I do think having 2-3 teammates in a fight scene together is the best way to go and then when you have your BIG fights, take the time to actually choreograph it like they would a crossover. I think Bamford is stretched to thin and maybe just has run out of interesting ways for the fights for the most part. Maybe bring in a 2nd person to co-choreograph if they dont want to get rid of him.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

First of all, I need people to stop bringing up Oliver and Nyssa's "marriage" like it's actually a thing that can/should have any effect on/be considered when thinking about either of their relationships. 

Also, was McKenna paralyzed? I thought it was just going to take a lot of physical therapy for her to recover and her sister lived in Coast City? 

No you are right. Mckenna was not paralyzed at all.  She was too injured to be a cop running around on the street but there was no spinal injury at all.  Love it when they make stuff up to be upset over.  

• Love 4

Michael Emerson Loves Being ‘Joyously Goofy’ in His Post-‘Lost’ Career
By Brandon Katz • 12/18/17 
http://observer.com/2017/12/michael-emerson-interview-arrow-mozart-in-the-jungle-lost/

Emerson is set for roles on the CW’s Arrow, a gig that left his 11-year-old nephew in awe in ways that his Golden Globes and Emmys turns did not, and Amazon’s Mozart in the Jungle, where he plays an eccentric music collector who dresses, speaks and acts like he’s been ripped straight from the 16th century. The former is a superhero action adventure aimed firmly at young adults while the latter role is a go for broke gonzo delight. It all seems par the current course for the loose and limber Emerson.

“I think I am a character man at heart,” the actor told Observer. “The Mozart in the Jungle role is such a joyful release for me. To play so broadly and silly and flamboyant and so theatrical, it feels like going back on stage.” As for Arrow and comic book material in general, “It’s such a big chunk of our industry now. I’m in favor of actors being prepared to play all types of material. I actually kind of like the idea, with Arrow, of being involved with something aimed at a much younger audience.”
But the outside noise—viewer expectations, established franchise history, etc.—has never mattered much to him. He just wants to deliver a quality performance.

“I’ve never fretted that much about being on top of the uber narrative of everything,” Emerson said. “It never mattered much to me on Lost or Person of Interest. It never mattered to me where we were and where we were going. It’s hard enough to have the lines and shoot scenes on hand day of. Generally, I’m just trying to play the role well.”

That stands doubly true for these new out-there characters, who stand as far apart from the more serious-minded archetypes you’ve seen Emerson play in the past. Working on Lost was a “great experience” for Emerson, who was simultaneously a big fan of the series, but the sense of laid back enjoyment with which he describes these new roles leaves you with one very distinct impression: fun.

“It’s really great to get out of the sinister pressure cooker of drama and just do something that is…joyously goofy,” he reflected.

It’s hard not to enjoy yourself in TV these days as the medium is overflowing with quality boundary-pushing projects. Though Emerson may be joining a superhero show, he still tips his cap to those that are trying to tell more mature stories.

“I watch a lot more TV just because I think there is so much more writing for grown ups,” he said. “It’s the industry that has my focus. It’s where I make my living. There’s a glass door when it comes to moving from TV to film.” On his time as Linus and his excitement for his upcoming projects, the actor said, “It’s another case of strong writing you can get on television that would never get green-lit as a feature film.”

Even though Emerson won’t wade into spoiler territory for Arrow or Mozart in the Jungle—his time in Lost‘s mystery box taught him better than that—we have a feeling he might spill a few choice details to the next adorable fluff ball he meets on the street. The guy just seems like he’s having way too great of a time not to share it with someone.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Trisha said:

I know the girl who wrote this and some WestAllen fans are now going after her hard, calling her a "white feminist" for defending Felicity. She doesn't care and thinks the whole thing is hilarious, but I'm cringing. 

When it comes to all my dealings with the WA fandom on twitter, there has never been an instance where I wasn't called a racist, white feminist, or trump supporter. It's sad, but true. In the end they only make themselves look foolish, but it's difficult to say anything that doesn't support their agenda without being called one of those 3 things.

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 4
On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:10 PM, tv echo said:

Oliver’s had a number of love interests over the years. You can definitely say that he gets around. In season one, Ollie had a real anime-like harem with Laurel Lance, Felicity Smoke, Helena Bertinelli and McKenna Hall. Speaking of the last two, they had a pretty dangerous encounter. During a pursuit, the Huntress shot Detective McKenna Hall causing her to become paralyzed from the waist down. McKenna Hall then moved to Coast City, which apparently has the best rehabilitation center.

Years later, Oliver’s fiance Felicity was shot and paralyzed too. However, Felicity didn’t move to Coast City because she had a friend who was able to build a chip allowing her to walk again. This is all fine and dandy, but we can’t help but wonder why hasn’t Oliver offered the same help to McKenna? Especially since it was partially his fault she was paralyzed.

IIRC she didn't want his help, he offered to go back and forward to coast city on his jet because he was still a billionaire and make their relationship work but she wanted a new fresh start with her sister who lived there, he would have been more supportive but she didn't want that. Add to the meta that she was obviously only there as a temp love interest from the get go, albeit one he liked a lot 

Re BIB, I know the show jokes about it, but he didn't exactly have a harem on the go, that diminishes all the characters, including LL.

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:22 PM, insomniadreams88 said:

First of all, I need people to stop bringing up Oliver and Nyssa's "marriage" like it's actually a thing that can/should have any effect on/be considered when thinking about either of their relationships. 

Yeah, forced marriage to a lesbian so she can be a brood mare under pain of her death by her mad man father, not a funny "joke" writers.

When it comes to all my dealings with the WA fandom on twitter, there has never been an instance where I have never been called a racist, white feminist, or trump supporter. It's sad, but true. In the end they only make themselves look foolish, but it's difficult to say anything that doesn't support their agenda without being called one of those 3 things.

What the hell is a "white feminist", ok I can get it from the context but I had no idea it was a thing. Using real socio-political issues to support/knock shipping often gets problematic. It's frustrating because it was a good episode arc for Felicity and Iris's friendship/mutual awesomeness and now, boom. They even had Sara and Alex's awkward drunken hook up turn into mutual respect and friendship. 

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

When it comes to all my dealings with the WA fandom on twitter, there has never been an instance where I have never been called a racist, white feminist, or trump supporter. It's sad, but true. In the end they only make themselves look foolish, but it's difficult to say anything that doesn't support their agenda without being called one of those 3 things.

It's nuts. They've even gone through her entire Twitter history to prove that she's biased towards Olicity. (Weirdly avoiding her tweets about how she likes Iris and wishes the writers did a better job with her.)

The funny thing is, I was texting her about it earlier and she was like "Meh, whatever. It just makes me never want to write about WestAllen again unless I absolutely have to." That's what I don't get about the point of these kind of tweets to press. Do they WANT their ship to get less promotion? 

• Love 7

I find this so strange, because there isn't anything racial about arguing over etiquette? I'm assuming WestAllen shippers would think the interruption was rude no matter what color the interrupters were, and I would still think the level of anger over it is ridiculous, because there was actual vomit involved here. 

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, Trisha said:

The funny thing is, I was texting her about it earlier and she was like "Meh, whatever. It just makes me never want to write about WestAllen again unless I absolutely have to." That's what I don't get about the point of these kind of tweets to press. Do they WANT their ship to get less promotion? 

A lot of them that I've seen don't really think about things like this logically. In a crossover where their faves got married and they got to see their future daughter, a lot of WA fans talked more about Olicity than anything else, thus giving Olicity more buzz. Heck, journos used that to get their articles more clicks. 

I find it hilarious that the articles more popularized by Westallen fans are articles about Olicity lol

So yeah - they don't really think through these things logically.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I find this so strange, because there isn't anything racial about arguing over etiquette? I'm assuming WestAllen shippers would think the interruption was rude no matter what color the interrupters were, and I would still think the level of anger over it is ridiculous, because there was actual vomit involved here. 

Never forget the vomit, seriously that weirds me out most of all about that scene that they didn't move away from it or let Dig wash his mouth out. Also that Dig got internet ordained to marry his brother and then spent a long time in love with his "dead" brother's widow makes that whole situation weirder, so glad they switched to Dyla. 

There's absolutely nothing racist about that article, two of the other couples celebrated are an interracial Jewish white guy and a Cuban woman and an interracial Asian/white gay couple. One line defending Felicity which mentions race not at all is stupid to get upset about, in a crossover featuring actual Nazi's who would have hated both couples together, 3 if you count being married by a black man who is married to a white woman. 

• Love 5

Despite the headline, you'll note that the writer listed 10 TV moments...

9 TV Moments That Broke Our Hearts in 2017 
Vanessa Frith  December 19, 2017
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/arrow/9-tv-moments-that-broke-our-he-67107.aspx

Arrow - Prometheus Breaks Oliver

Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) has no problem keeping his body in peak condition, what with the salmon ladder dominating his workout schedule. No, instead it's the Green Arrow's emotional state that needed a little TLC in season 5, particularly after Adrian Chase (Josh Segarra) had his say. Broken down after nearly a week of confinement and torture, the vigilante snapped during "Kapisushon," admitting his darkest secret.

The words "I wanted to. And I liked it!" burst out with all the power of 10 years of repression, knocking the fight right out of the seemingly indefatigable hero. Our reaction mirrored that of Amell's performance -- a sudden horror followed by a defeated silence as Oliver's forced to confront the dark urges he sought to relegate to his hooded persona.

Agents of SHIELD - Fitz Exits the Framework
Arrow - Prometheus Breaks Oliver
How to Get Away with Murder - Annalise Struggles to Save Laurel's Baby
Supernatural - Dean Pulls Mary out of Her Brainwashing
The Flash - Barry Is Arrested for Murder
Gotham - Bruce Wayne Stabs Alfred
Colony - Bram Kills Ambassador King 
Riverdale - Jughead Calls His Mother
Elementary - Sherlock's Brain Scan
Stranger Things - Hopper Apologizes to Eleven

Edited by tv echo

Michael Emerson on Backstage Live (December 19, 2017)
Published on Dec 19, 2017, by Michael Emerson Source
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW3MqNZ6qz8

-- ME seems to confirm that

he is in a total of 7 episodes of Arrow this season, 3 of which have already aired (604, 607, 609), leaving 4 unaired episodes. Interviewer: "You, of course, are in town to talk about Arrow, which you're in episode 3 out of your 7?" ME: "Have aired. So there's more to come... A lot more to come."

-- Interviewer asked him to talk about

his "7-episode arc on Arrow" where he's playing a villain. ME: "It is fun. I enjoy playing a villain. Or - or someone who the audience thinks is villainous. But then they usually - and in this case, it happens again - they usually turn out to be a little more nuanced and little more human than anyone gave them credit for to begin with. There's something about me that's a little off-putting, I think, on first meeting. But then people warm up to me as we go along.

But it's a good show. Arrow is a good show. Part of what pleased me about taking this job was it was something my 11-year-old nephew got very excited about. 'Oh my god, Uncle Michael, I watch that show!' ... (Interviewer interjected, "That's the first time that's happened?") ... Yeah, I think so, because usually I'm on something a little grown up or boring for his taste, so I thought, 'oh, this is cool, this is kinda fun, to be on something that has a young audience.'"

-- Interviewer asked if the nuances are something he brings to his character or if the nuances are in the writing. ME: "I suppose it's a little bit of both. I mean, Arrow is a superhero show and it's based on comic books, so it's - you know, they're not obliged to be as nuanced as maybe some other kinds of shows might be, because those lines of good and evil are more plainly divided in that universe. But still, there's room to finesse the reading of the lines and, you know, you can have little twitches and glimmers of tenderness." 

-- ME talked about how he studies TV scripts in the same way that he studies a theater play, and about how he's "so attached to the sound of the human voice" and loves words and language.

-- They then talked about ME's career background (magazine illustrator for many years, acting, relocation, community theater to regional theater to professional acting). 

-- Interviewer mentioned that ME once said on David Letterman that Lost was a "character actor's dream" because he started off as a support player, proved himself to be an "invaluable asset," and ended up a regular on that show. ME: "It was that... Cause we take loads of these small parts, often interesting but possibly one-off. Or, if you're lucky, a 2 or 3 episode arc. And - but, if you can play it well enough, your dream can come true and you can become a regular on that series if they like you well enough. So I guess I passed that particular audition."  [tv echo: I thought of EBR during this segment.]

-- Interviewer asked what advice he would give to actors on how they can prove themselves to be an invaluable asset if they're hired for only a few days on set. ME: "Just be quiet, keep your head down, know your lines, come on time. Be a problem solver, you know... No reason to be a beggar or beholden to anybody. If you got a job at all, you got it the hard way. So take pride in that and, uh, be ready to be flexible, you know. Take direction. Turn on a dime. Completely change how you're playing a scene if they want you to. It's just acting. Do all of that and you'll make friends. And some of those friends will employ you." Then ME added: "This is the thing I harp on, which is... sometimes acting can be a self-defeating psychological enterprise. If we feel like we're desperate, if we feel like we're beggars at the door, we come hat in hand, hoping, praying, someone will take pity on us and give us a job. And I think it would be so much better if we're like, we're tradesmen, we have a set of tools. They may be better or worse tools, but bring those on in. Be there and it's like, 'what can I help you gentlemen with today?' You know? 'Oh, I see, you have a difficult text here.' Or 'you have a piece of dialogue that doesn't quite work. Well, let's see if I can help you solve that.' And if you come in, I think, as an equal, or at least in your own mind - I mean, we should all have manners, but come in as an equal and think of yourself as their collaborator. And I think it might go a little ways toward allaying your jitters and your sense of desperation."  

-- Interviewer mentioned the audition setting. ME talked about sitting in a "cramped waiting room with 10 other actors," half of which you know, and you know they're good, and thinking you should've stayed in bed that morning. But you tell yourself that you're prepared, that you're good enough, and that people like you. He then talked about how to prepare for auditions.

-- They then talked about ME's role as an "eccentric" in Mozart in the Jungle.

-- ME said that he always thought of himself as "the funny guy" because he was a funny looking kid and he used to play the funny guy in past roles. So he doesn't know how he became so "sinister". He also talked about getting his acting break later in life. He was 42 when he started to make his living as an actor. So he advised young actors to consider their motives and whether they would be okay if they don't get their break until later in life, so they must love the craft of acting.

-- Lost was ME's first time doing "a long stretch of episodes on a TV show." He learned how to pace his work on a given scene and not give his best take on the first take because "you don't want to use it all up before you get to your close-up." He also learned "to cope with fatigue and repetition." Also, he loved the controversial ending of Lost. He compared it to the ending of Shakespeare comedies, saying: "That church or chapel space was the vestibule to the afterlife. And everyone found their mirror redeemer and they walked off in pairs. Except Benjamin Linus."

-- When asked about his favorite part of working in television, he said that he's "a person who likes precision" and that, with camera work, there are more variables. With even the smallest movements, you have to know where the camera is and you must work through several takes to coordinate your exact action (like drinking a sip of coffee or taking a puff of cigarette smoke) with a moving camera at just the right time. So you're part of marrying your action with the camera work and the sound editing.

-- Finally, they talked about ME's wife, Carrie Preston, and ME doing a guest stint on her new series, Claws. He didn't have a scene with her. He played another "wacko."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I have no idea what that writer is talking about. The writer is flat out wrong. McKenna wasn't even temporarily paralyzed.

On 12/18/2017 at 7:10 AM, tv echo said:

Oliver’s had a number of love interests over the years. You can definitely say that he gets around. In season one, Ollie had a real anime-like harem with Laurel Lance, Felicity Smoke, Helena Bertinelli and McKenna Hall. Speaking of the last two, they had a pretty dangerous encounter. During a pursuit, the Huntress shot Detective McKenna Hall causing her to become paralyzed from the waist down. McKenna Hall then moved to Coast City, which apparently has the best rehabilitation

Years later, Oliver’s fiance Felicity was shot and paralyzed too. However, Felicity didn’t move to Coast City because she had a friend who was able to build a chip allowing her to walk again. This is all fine and dandy, but we can’t help but wonder why hasn’t Oliver offered the same help to McKenna? Especially since it was part

How you feeling? Ah, numb. - (is that where they got that idea of paralysis?)

Hey, don't move. -

Okay. Okay.

I met your doctor. He's a nice guy. - He says you're lucky to be alive. -

Yeah. He also said I have a shattered femur and it's gonna take at least a year to rehab. - I loved being a cop. -

Oh, come on. McKenna. You're still a cop. You have one more surgery, go home--

- I'm not going home. - What?

Moving to Coast City to live with my sister. They have the best physical therapy facility in the country there.

I'll visit. - I told you, I'm a billionaire, right? - Yeah.

I'll move to Coast City.

That's very sweet, but your club just opened. -

And your work is here. -

Don't worry about me. -

It's my responsibility to worry about you. -

Just stop, okay? Listen, you know how I feel about you. Please don't make this harder than it already is. Okay. Okay.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=arrow&episode=s01e17

Her femur was shattered and she needed surgery and rehab.  So that's a totally false narrative that writer is trying to sell. Not a thing to do with Oliver not helping McKenna in the way Felicity was helped because McKenna was NEVER PARALYZED. LOL That is a flat out lying or someone who doesn't pay attention to what was really going on. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 7

And even if Mckenna had been paralyzed, the chip wasn't Oliver's to give away. Was he supposed to thank Curtis for the one working prototype he'd spent months building and then immediately demand another for Mckenna? I know it's a moot point since she wasn't paralyzed but I think it's a weird thing to put on a worst things Oliver's done list regardless.

• Love 6
On 12/18/2017 at 7:10 AM, tv echo said:

I had a variety of reactions while reading through this article (laughter, eyeroll, disbelief, major eyeroll, nods, disgust, more eyerolls, bafflement)...

17 Terrible Things Everyone Forgets Oliver Did On Arrow
12.16.2017   by Irina Curovic
https://www.cbr.com/shafted-17-terrible-things-everyone-forgets-oliver-did-on-arrow/

17. STARTED DATING FELICITY WHILE MARRIED TO NYSSA
16. KILLED HUNDREDS, CRITICIZED HELENA FOR KILLING
15. COULD HELP MCKENNA HALL BUT DOESN’T
14. SHOT AN ARROW THROUGH ROY’S LEG
13. LIED TO FELICITY ABOUT WILLIAM
12. CHEATED ON LAUREL WITH SARA
11. TORTURED PEOPLE
10. FATHERED A CHILD WHILE DATING LAUREL
9. ATTEMPTED SUICIDE
8. CHOSE TO LET HIS FAMILY BELIEVE HE WAS DEAD
7. BRUTALLY KILLED HUNDREDS
6. MADE A DEAL WITH BRATVA TO HAVE PROMETHEUS KILLED
5. LET ROY TAKE THE FALL FOR HIM
4. USED LYLA AS BAIT, LEFT SARA UNATTENDED
3. ASKED DIGGLE TO BE GREEN ARROW WITHOUT REGARD TO HIS FAMILY
2. KILLED BILLY MALONE
1. SKINNED A MAN ALIVE

OH. MY. Gods.  I finished reading the rest of that "article". It is literally one of the worst  written things I have ever read. No fact checking whatsoever.  Beyond the McKenna thing, it's filled with outright lies. Absolute lies.

? Oliver is a deadbeat dad for 10 years? UMMMM. WAT? Oliver was lied to by Moira and BM and was told that BM had a miscarriage. He DID NOT KNOW William was alive. What the hell is wrong with that 'writer'.  Is she reading fanfiction and confusing it with canon events??  HOLY MOLY.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 6

Another article about the Olicity bench...

“Arrow” fans raise funds for Stanley Park bench to honour show’s ‘Olicity’ couple
By Lindsay William-Ross - December 20, 2017
http://vancouverisawesome.com/2017/12/20/arrow-fans-olicity-bench-stanley-park-vancouver/

Earlier this year, fans of the television show Arrow launched a special fundraising mission in Vancouver: To get a park bench dedicated in honour of the show’s lead couple.
The anonymous fan group called themselves the Olicity Bench Project, named so for the nickname the Vancouver-filmed show’s devotees use for characters Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity (Vancouverite Emily Bett Rickards). The plan itself: The “Olicity Leaves Its Mark” project.

The Olicity Bench project organizers explain that the idea for getting the bench would be “something special to unite the fandom during the hiatus” between the show’s fifth and six season.

Organizers set up a GoFundMe page to bring in money to purchase the bench dedication. The project’s goal was the $4,000 CAD needed for a 10-year dedication, and any extra raised would go to parks preservation.

Over the course of one week this June, with help from contributions from fans around the globe, they raised nearly double the goal, hitting the target mark in just two days. The bench was set to be located in Stanley Park, and the organizers selected the quote for the plaque after running a poll on Twitter.

In celebration of the unthinkable,
Olicity
“We found ourselves in each other”

On December 4, the Olicity Bench was officially inaugurated.

A few days later, the “Oli” of Olicity, actor Amell, paid a visit to the bench.
Olicity has been the subject of a great deal of fan fiction over the years, and viewers have gone through the couple’s ups and downs through Arrow’s six seasons–some of them opting to jump ship when the characters’ “shipping” wasn’t panning out.

Then Oliver and Felicity thrilled fans this fall when they got married in a special crossover episode event called “Crisis On Earth X.” The location: Stanley Park.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

This actually makes me really angry... Felicity saving the city every single day and protecting Kara against Nazis is RUINED by her facing her insecurities and wanting to get married with her friends in an impromptu ceremony in a park next to some puke? That's the most dramatic and overblown piece of shit writing I've ever come to have the displeasure of reading. Way to blow this thing way out of proportion jfc.

https://www.tvfanatic.com/slideshows/15-tv-characters-on-santas-naughty-list/

DSJMMGxU8AAawcA.jpg

• Love 9

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. Isn't TV Fanatic usually anti-Felicity/Olicity? 

You know, if they wanted to put someone on that list from Arrow, I feel like there could be an argument made for pretty much every character in 2017. And the "reason" for Felicity is very weak next to almost all of them. 

• Love 1
Just now, calliope1975 said:

I'm not giving that garbage clicks, but was Rene on that list? The guy who sold out his team and then acted like a dick when he was found out? The demonization of Felicity for that scene is absolutely ridiculous.

Nope. She was the only DCTV mention :)

18 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

The demonization of Felicity for that scene is absolutely ridiculous.

If the world hasn't been nuked to smithereens at that point, someone somewhere on whatever technology they're using then will post the following on their "Worst of 2000's roundup:

"7. Felicity interrupting Barry and Iris's puke ceremony - Legends of Tomorrow, 2017"                            

• Love 2

TV Fanatic used to be a legit media site that had a reporter attending events and doing interviews. Now they're reduced to only writing lists for clickbait. There's nothing easier to do than to make crap up attacking Felicity/Olicity and wait for the haters and defenders to show up.

• Love 5

I mean, Felicity has had a pretty good year so far. She's got her man, got a pretty good step kid, her parents are back on speaking terms, she's about to start her own company focused helping people with life changing disabilities, and most importantly she doesn't have to deal with Rene anymore. I'm sure she didn't mind a bit of coal in her stocking. 

• Love 12

I agree @Starfish35. While I did find it a little rude, it's hardly the worst thing anyone has ever done on any of these shows. I have no idea why that little scene is the most talked about it when so much else happened. That scene was a barely a blip on my radar. The rehearsal dinner was all on Oliver. Felicity was the one trying to get him to talk about at another time. He refused and wanted to talk about it right then.   

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

And seriously, blaming her for what happened at the reception? That's on Oliver, all on Oliver.  She wasn't the one who brought it up, and she wasn't the one not taking no for an answer.  So why is everything always her fault? Arrghh.  

Because people love to hate on Felicity. 

I've even seen comments - not media articles yet, I don't think, but media articles fuel hate on Twitter/reddit/etc., which is why I hate seeing stuff like this pop up - blaming Felicity and only Felicity for surveilling the newbies in 609. 

'Arrow' Creator Releases His 'Star Trek: Voyager' Episode Pitch
By RUSS BURLINGAME - December 27, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/27/arrow-creator-releases-his-star-trek-voyager-episode-pitch/

Years after the end of Star Trek: Voyager, and long after becoming a sought-after writer, producer, and showrunner in his own right, Arrow and DC's Legends of Tomorrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim took to Twitter earlier this year to share his spec script for Voyager.

It is likely, given that the tweet is dated from early October, that Guggenheim released the script in response to a story on Vulture that lumped his Voyager script in with a number of other unproduced Star Trek spec scripts from well-known writers.

In the script, as reported in the initial story, Captain Chakotay and the crew of the Voyager encounter a temporal anomaly that turns out to be a Federation ship from the future, on which they find Captain Janeway in stasis, twenty years older and now an Admiral. Janeway offers the crew a way home with the help of future technology, but before long, Chakotay and Tuvok discover that Janeway and her crew are actually shapeshifters merely impersonating a Federation Starship. The shapeshifters take the crew hostage, and the Voyager crew must work together to stop the shapeshifters and save the real Captain Janeway.

Guggenheim shared the script without comment, allowing fans to provide some commentary and context, including one who joked, "This was exactly tonight’s episode of [Star Trek: Discovery]. What a coincidence."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

WestAllen have never had this much attention before. lol I'm sorry but that couple is a joke when it comes to popularity. I very well think the flash writers did that on purpose on their show so that people and news articles can talk about it even more.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Because people love to hate on Felicity. 

I've even seen comments - not media articles yet, I don't think, but media articles fuel hate on Twitter/reddit/etc., which is why I hate seeing stuff like this pop up - blaming Felicity and only Felicity for surveilling the newbies in 609. 

If that were the case, I’d think Felicity was in the right, just like I think Oliver is for insisting on it.

• Love 7

DC TV Watch: 8 Burning Questions for 'Arrow's' 2018 Return
DECEMBER 29, 2017 8:00am PT by Sydney Bucksbaum
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dc-tv-watch-arrow-2018-burning-questions-1070062

1. Why has Cayden James assembled a team made up of all of Oliver's worst enemies?
2. Is the new Team Arrow done for good?
3. Is there hope for redemption for Black Siren?
4. What's going on with Thea?

What does Roy Harper's return mean for the team?

6. What's going to happen with the FBI case against Oliver?
7. How many failed engagements has Dinah had?
8. How long will Arrow have to wait to bring back Deathstroke?

Edited by tv echo

1. The team is not made up of all of Oliver's worst enemies. Oliver doesn't even know who Dragon is or who Cayden's minion No. 2 is. And I very much doubt he considers BS one of his worst enemies, she's more like an annoyance.

2. No, unfortunately.

3. Nope. And Arrow would be incredibly stupid to try to redeem her. Just kill her off and stop bringing back the actress and her incredibly lame acting.

4. BTS issues.

Spoiler

5. Hopefully some fun times, some parkour and good farewell for Thea.

6. It'll drag on and will likely have a frustrating resolution. It might end with Oliver finally getting his Iron Man moment.

7. I don't care.

8. Hopefully, forever. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
grammar and spelling
  • Love 8

From page 57 of print issue of new TV Guide for January 8-21, 2018 (Double Issue) - no spoilers...

THURSDAY, JAN. 18
Arrow
9/8c, The CW

While Team Arrow has fallen apart, evil-doer Cayden James (Michael Emerson) has assembled a cabal of villains. Yeah, Felicity (Emily Bett RIckards) is going to have a hard time keeping new hubby Ollie (Stephen Amell) from reverting back to his moody ol' murderous self once that crew starts causing more trouble.

Edited by tv echo

^^^ I think it's just the TV Guide staff being snarky. Their write-up for The Flash said that Joe should do some detective work and save his son-in-law. Their write-up for Supergirl said that they hoped Kara did a lot of resting up over the holidays.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Hubby! I wonder who refers to the other as "husband" or "wife" (or any version of the words) first. Instead of "It's Felicity!" are we gonna hear Oliver saying "It's my wife!" ;)

I think Oliver will get that honor while at the Mayor's office.  He's more likely to be talking to strangers.  Though if Helix Dynamics takes off, maybe Felicity will have the pleasure as well.  

• Love 2