Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

I think CH's enthusiasm and earnestness comes across so genuine in interviews that yeah, I am more inclined to like Roy more.

I think he and EBR are a lot of fun together and seem to have done a great job of boosting fan support in Europe.

And I think John Barrowman exudes a lot of enthusiasm in his interviews, too.  Really, with just one exception, I think the cast does a wonderful job during their con panels and interviews.

• Love 2

Arrow season 3 preview: Arrow returns to Comic-Con with teaser footage from the upcoming season followed by cast and producers taking fan questions.

All the panels will be on Saturday, July 26. The rest of WBTV’s Comic-Con panels, and exact times of the above panels, will be announced at a later date.

From EW article(has info about Flash and Constantine also)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/30/gotham-comic-con/?hootPostID=b89f1a5caa7400e9de523a9210fc4dd7

Quite a few actors/shows on the list but here's the two Arrow Actors. 21 Actors give advice to their characters

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/21-actors-offer-their-tv-characters-one-piece-of-advice

6. Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoak, Arrow)

“Don’t let anyone make you feel insecure.”

13. Colton Haynes (Roy Harper, Arrow)

“Keep your clothes on, don’t have sex with waitresses, and don’t cheat on Thea [Willa Holland] because now her dad [John Barrowman] is gonna help her kick your ass.”

• Love 3
(edited)

From Deadline:

Devon Aoki has landed a major recurring guest role on the hit CW drama Arrow from Warner Bros TV. Aoki will play Tatsu Yamashiro, a character that first appeared in the Green Arrow origin series graphic novels published by DC Comics. She is a Japanese martial arts expert who wields a deadly sword, a blade from which her codename Katana is derived. In Arrow, Tatsu will be one of Oliver’s mentors in the flashbacks and a critical influence on his journey to eventually become The Arrow of present day. Aoki, repped by Schiffco, appeared in features including 2 Fast 2 Furious, Sin City, D.E.B.S. and War.

Edited by stacey
Spoiler tag casting information

Yesterday I watched an interview KC did (I think in Australia) and she was asked something about the relationship between the Lance sisters. She started off by rambling about how when a new actor/actress comes in, you're never sure how to feel because she might be a diva. Then I think she said something nice about Caity, and then she talked her sisters in real life, but she never did answer the question. I don't mean this as KC hate - I do try to give her the benefit of the doubt - but between this and her telling fans to 'read the comics' I'm beginning to think she doesn't understand her character at all. At the very least someone should sit down with her and coach her on how to answer character questions. It's even more bizarre when no one else in the cast - even media newbies like EBR - seems to have this issue. I have nothing against KC and I don't feel like she does these things on purpose (especially since I'm assuming she's doing these cons for fan support) but she's pretty off putting in a lot of her interviews relating to Arrow.

• Love 2
(edited)

Telefilm Revelations, a foreign blog that follows American TV shows, held a poll to select who is the "female face" of Arrow.  There were four choices for 'Miss Summer 2014':  Felicity, Laurel, Sara and Thea. 

The poll winner was EBR-Felicity with 60% of the votes. 

KC-Laurel was second with 21%.

CL-Sara was third with 16%.

WH-Thea was last with 3%.

http://telefilmrevelations.altervista.org/miss-mr-summer-2014-arrow-selection/
(you'll have to use the 'translate' page option)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Actually, those results don't surprise me. I'm not sure Sara has a lot of dedicated fans of her own, unlike Felicity and Laurel. That's not to say she's not well liked - I think she is. But many of her fans are also Felicity fans, and in a choice between Felicity and Sara would probably pick Felicity. I know a few diehard Sara fans, but I don't think there are as many that would pick her as their fave as there are that would pick Felicity or Laurel.

• Love 1

Plus you have to consider the diehard KC fans who will never fault her for anything... It seems about right tbqh. But the most important thing is that Felicity won by a landslide. Laurel's score doesn't even touch Felicity's..

There was also some fandom infighting.  This is one of those polls you could vote multiple times.  Some fans admitted on twitter they voted for Cassidy because a Lotz fan had previously given them a lot of grief for not participating in a CL for BC trend.  They prefer CL but just want BC to go away because of the GA/BC forever comic canon crap.  This was also a foreign poll.  I think KC is better liked internationally than she is in North America.

(edited)

I'm not really surprised by the result, either. Laurel may not be particularly well liked, but KC still has over 200.000 followers on Twitter. If only a fraction of those people vote repeatedly, it should be enough to get a decent placing. And as much as I like Sara, there's no denying that her popularity took a big hit during the second half of the season.

Edited by strikera0
(edited)

The CW's Arrow and its spinoff The Flash won't premiere until October, but DC Entertainment is giving fans some comic relief while they wait. The Arrow digital comic series, which has been on hiatus since last year, is set to return with an all-new chapter in the life of Oliver Queen, while The Flash: Season Zero will bring us up to speed on the life of Barry Allen, a.k.a. the Fastest Man Alive. Both books are being written by the series' showrunners, guaranteeing the stories are in sync with what we see on TV.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/DC-Arrow-Comics-1084098.aspx

Edited by Velocity23

Both books are being written by the series' showrunners, guaranteeing the stories are in sync with what we see on TV.

Ha!  Half the time, there is no guarantee that the show is even in sync with itself.  Also, I shouldn't have to read a comic book to get more info on the show that I'm watching.  Any story that could be written into the comic could be spared five minutes of airtime to explain it to me.

• Love 7
(edited)

Ha!  Half the time, there is no guarantee that the show is even in sync with itself.  Also, I shouldn't have to read a comic book to get more info on the show that I'm watching.  Any story that could be written into the comic could be spared five minutes of airtime to explain it to me.

That has always been my stance on supporting Media, I shouldn't have to read a comic or watch a webisode to understand something that happens in the show. 

I think this belongs in this thread.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/fall-tv-why-batman-vanquish-flash-green-arrow-152707717.html

Yeah big shocker, Batman on FOX will get better ratings than 2 CW shows and an NBC show about a comic book character very few actually know of beyond the really bad Keanu Reeves movie.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Why is The Flash, a new show headed by mostly unknowns, 3 C3 points higher than Arrow, an established show with good critical reviews?

“’The Flash,’ like ‘Arrow’ will very likely bring in some additional viewers to the network,” said Billie Gold, vice president and director of buying and programming research at ad-buying shop Carat. But those new eyeballs will likely come from the fervent niche of people who are fans of comics.

I disagree, I think there are more likely to be people who got into Arrow than comic book fans.

My comic book reading was many years ago. I got into Arrow on TV, and then moved back to comics from here.

Why is The Flash, a new show headed by mostly unknowns, 3 C3 points higher than Arrow, an established show with good critical reviews?

Probably because The Flash is a more known comic book entity than Green Arrow. Also, shows generally tend to have higher ratings in their first year of existence.

Gotham looks so dreary and dull to me. It will pull big numbers as the premiere episode and depending on viewer reactions it may stay or fall or go up. I really don't think it's going to do all that well and it really just looks like it's not any fun at all. IMO

And that Variety piece couldn't even get the name of Arrow correct in the headline? Really?  Meh.

I don't know how Gotham will do, but Fox has a history of pulling shows if they don't succeed quickly.

While I'm looking forward to The Flash, personally Arrow is more of a must-see for me.  I didn't find Grant Gustin all that appealing when he appeared on Arrow (though he may grow on me).

(edited)

While I'm still a bit iffy on the Malcolm/Thea thing (mainly because Thea's journey to joining Team Malcolm was a bit too rushed and underdeveloped), damn, if that truly was the original plan, then thank goodness for Barrowman. Malcolm being Oliver's dad would have been one of the most obvious, cliched, hacky, done to death "twists", ever. Thea at least brings something somewhat different to the table.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1

Yeah, according to Barrowman, original plan was for Merlyn to be Oliver's father and it was his partner's suggestion that they make Merlyn Thea's dad because the alternative was way to Darth Vadar(ish).  LOL

I'm glad Malcolm wasn't Oliver's father.  It's a bit pathetic that the writers and EPs didn't figure out why it was a stupid idea in the first place, though.  Thank goodness for JB and his partner's more reasonable thinking!

Coloring-wise, it makes sense, too.  Thea looks more like Malcolm and Tommy because of the dark hair anyway. 

• Love 1

Yeah, according to Barrowman, original plan was for Merlyn to be Oliver's father and it was his partner's suggestion that they make Merlyn Thea's dad because the alternative was way to Darth Vadar(ish).  LOL

Scott clearly needs to be an EP of the show since he seems to have more of an idea on how to plot a story than the existing showrunners!

• Love 2