Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

Are there any selfish heroes? That when it comes to their true love they're like "whatever I love you boo. Let's go steady." Instead of the whole argh I can't be with you because of ten reasons that make no sense?

I really want Barrles to be happy. Hopefully he can be, and I won't end up hating on Iris.

• Love 1

I'm not sure about reviews but, A lot of people generally seem to like Iris and I think she is more likable than Laurel. Also, being Barry's best friend /pseudo-sister makes her more relevant to the plot. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 2

lol true. But I think she and Barry were best friends before he moved in with her dad and her? 

She was.

The writers on Flash and Arrow seem to love these questionable sisterly and pseudo-sisterly ties when it comes to love interests. Oliver and the sister swapping, Diggle and his sister-in-law, now Barry and the girl who he's "kind of like brother and sister" with. It's both weird and interesting.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

I figured I would post a little update on the chart performance of Arrow's season 2 DVD/Blu-Ray box set:

Arrow: The Complete Second Season reached number 10 on Nielsen VideoScan’s Weekly Overall Disc Sales Chart, number 7 on UK's Top 40 DVD Sales Chart and number 4 on UK's Top 40 Blu-Ray Sales Chart.

That's pretty fantastic for the show...especially for being on the CW. Guess the Netflix delay strategy worked. Edited by NumberCruncher

That's pretty fantastic for the show...especially for being on the CW. Guess the Netflix delay strategy worked.

I'm glad the DVD sales in the UK are going well.

Admittedly, I'm a bit peeved, though, that the netflix delay seemed to have had a postive effect on sales.  I'm concerned that it will be the new trend.

I disagree with Alan Sepinwall's assessment of Iris West but completely agree with his view of Laurel.

• Love 3

I'm glad the DVD sales in the UK are going well.

Admittedly, I'm a bit peeved, though, that the netflix delay seemed to have had a postive effect on sales.  I'm concerned that it will be the new trend.

I disagree with Alan Sepinwall's assessment of Iris West but completely agree with his view of Laurel.

Yeah, I actually really liked Iris. I buy her connection with Barry, and I'm interested in her as a person. I just hope that last night's episode contained

the only reference to them being like brother and sister ever ever ever.

• Love 1

apinknightmare, I completely agree with you. And, from the few brief reviews I've read this morning, that's a common sentiment as well. 

As for Arrow's premiere, I'm at a loss this morning. I've checked Twitter and Facebook already. There's a few 'official' things touting the S3 return tonight. But - and perhaps I'm just imagining it - it seems like there was a LOT more publicity this time yesterday, for "The Flash."

Is this actually the case or am I just being a bit paranoid?

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the episode tonight - and hoping to see many elements of it trending.  "Oliver Queen" trended on Twitter last night, so that's good.  "The Flash" and many parts of it (including "Poor Barry") trended throughout the hour.   I'm hoping Arrow benefits from that kind of enthusiasm tonight. 

During the Agents of SHIELD episode last night, AoS cast members were live tweeting.  I don't think Arrow's cast will be able to do that tonight but how I wish they could...

Not sure if my comments are OK for this thread?

The Flash is going to be a big hit for CW, hence the marketing. According to initial samples its premiere rating might touch 2.0/2.1 which is huge for CW. Hope, some of the flash fans watch Arrow premiere since 2x01 had a rating of only 0.9 and I am not too optimistic about 3x01's rating.

This is the third article/review I've read in the past 24 hours praising Emily for changing the course of the show. It's awesome to see her getting so many accolades from critics.  (In case you were wondering, the other two were Maureen Ryan's HuffPo interview with GB and AK and Ryan McGee's review of the Flash.)

• Love 8

The caption to this picture made me laugh.

http://www.thewrap.com/arrow-the-flash-crossover-behind-the-scenes-with-star-emily-bett-rickards-exclusive-photos/4/

"Ditched theses guys."  

I can see why.

Another EBR Interview, minor spoilers, mostly about EBR/Felicity, not much about S3.

Felicity has become a fan favorite since her debut early in the first season. And, frankly, she's the best reason to watch the show. (Aside from Amell’s shirtless domination of the salmon ladder.)

Come to think of it, shirtless salmon ladder scenes also got short-changed in all the storylines they were trying to do in 2b.

One of many interviews from Guggenheim about tonight's episode.  My "favorite" part:

Also, Nyssa will return to fill the void left by Sara. “Obviously the whole reason to bring Nyssa back is her finding out that Sara’s dead is going to be a big deal,” he says. “With Sara’s death, Nyssa actually becomes more important, because I feel like one thing that Sara did was provide us a cool, ass-kicking female character on the show. Nyssa definitely fits that bill quite well.”

Of course!  You can't have two ass-kicking female characters on the same show!  You have to kill one, or that would just be too much female ass-kicking!  I'm glad Nyssa will return, but, come on.  I would much rather have more Sara/Nyssa, then Sara dying.  And, I'm 99.9% Sara's death isn't to prop up Nyssa, but a certain other character on this show.  

• Love 10

Don't watch live. Wait 24 hours and let them feel it in the ratings.

I don't know what good it'll do. I think casual fans make up a good portion of the viewership, and most of them probably don't even know that

Laurel's supposed to become BC, so they're not likely to be as upset as we are, since they won't know the real reason she was killed off was so that Laurel could take her place.

• Love 1

Heh, my personal favorites are ABC.  They could make the biggest stinker sound like it's doing well!

That's still a decent return, and better then a lot of The CW's other shows, but I"m curious to see how it will continue from here.  And, how it will compare to The Flash's.

Well it is up from last season's finale. And 1.0 is really good for Arrow. Obviously CW`s press release will try and make it sound as impressive as possible lol. 

I like how said it was the highest watched Wednesday night since the end of march when the season ended in the middle of may lol. 

Edited by ban1o

Its also up from season 2 premiere that got a 0.9. We will see if episode 2 has the same trajectory we saw in S2. Where episode 2 got a 1.1 (some speculating it might happen again due to Netflix).

Yeah the premiere and finale had the same rating. But during spring it dropped to like 0.7 I think for a while. And yeah I think the ratings will go up next week, especially with the shocking ending. (Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of the premiere) 

Heh, my personal favorites are ABC.  They could make the biggest stinker sound like it's doing well!

That's still a decent return, and better then a lot of The CW's other shows, but I"m curious to see how it will continue from here.  And, how it will compare to The Flash's.

Oh yeah I wasn't saying the ratings were bad, it's up from the S2 premiere and finale in both Viewers and Demo.  It's just funny when you read those Press Releases and it's like OMG this is the biggest, bestest thing ever!  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Oh yeah I wasn't saying the ratings were bad, it's up from the S2 premiere and finale in both Viewers and Demo.  It's just funny when you read those Press Releases and it's like OMG this is the biggest, bestest thing ever!  

yeah I agree. Its pretty funny. 

And just when things seemed to be a little too peachy, other than the Oliver/Felicity situation... some mysterious figure (Malcolm Merlyn seems too obvious) pumps Sara full of arrows and sends her falling to her death, right in front of her sister. Sara isn't the Lance sister I'd be removing from the show full-time — though Caity Lotz can keep appearing in flashbacks(**) as needed — but it was another big dramatic moment of the sort the show does well, and it sets us up for what the initial arc of the season is going to be.

I so feel Alan Sepinwall!

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/season-premiere-review-arrow-the-calm-oliver-versus-arrow#F2QiGaLAyA4SejdZ.99

• Love 4

That was acute video they imbedded in the article. I didn't recognize the scenes with Felicity and Roy wher he'd come to talk to Oliver. Does anyone know what episode those were in?