Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Talk: The Tribe Has Spoken

• Start Topic

I despised Terry, but I'm shocked he's never been asked back as well. He seems like the type TPTB love. Maybe he has been asked and didn't want to do it again though. But I can't really see him saying no.

I honestly don't think he's been asked. (things like that always come out). 

I mean - Cirie got the whole "woman off the couch, everyone loves, master Jedi-mind, got robbed" aspect. (twice). 

Aras got Blood vs. Water invite 

and Shane/Danielle simply due to the animosity they had , but then Shane got cut for a Hantz.

Terry doesn't....fit. from all the returning things (B/W could have worked)

he's not really a fan-favourite (not on par with Cirie)

he's not a winner, wasn't medivacted... 

Oh wait - the only thing he COULD have worked in was Heroes vs.  Villians. (I would have booted Rupert for him, or not have had  Candace or Amanda). hm. now i'm stumped. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Why can't Savage come back?

I know, right? 

and apparently he is (or was - who knows now) Friends with Jeff. Maybe he's 'over the show' though. 

but this is where i get irritated with Jeff because they go 'they are boring' (ergo - He finds them boring). there are a tonne of players who want to come back. (Vecepia, Jeff Varner, John Carrol, Savage (last I heard) etc). and they get nothing from Survivor at all. but he brings back these other players on the thinnest of strings. (or because they 'did things') and then what? they quit, or eat the show in the negative. 

boo. 

• Love 1

Noooo, not Savage. He made me root for Lill.

I vaguely remember a rumor that Terry was invited back for BvW, but if that's true I don't know if he declined or got bumped. They had to do a lot of last-minute shuffling and replacing when RC and her dad had to drop out of that season, but I don't know if that was a factor in Terry not being there.

• Love 2

Probst has said Savage hasn't been back because he was booted early and overshadowed by bigger characters  in his season. I couldn't stand Terry he really did not understand the game Survivor.  I don't think Terry has been asked back because if you watch the reunion from Exile it was pretty much a love letter to Cirie. And for Heroes vs. Villains there were more popular "hero characters" like Colby, J.T. Rupert and Tom. I do wonder if Terry would of been more popular if he hadn't come right after Tom Westman. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Terry would have beat Danielle as Aras did. Those darn lilly pads screwed Terry over in the final immunity challenge. LOL!!!

Do you really think Terry would of won  the final vote over Danielle? I don't see Cirie or Aras, voting for him. which would of given Danielle 4 votes since Bruce and Shane voted for her over Aras. Terry would of had Austin and Sally. No idea how Courtney would of voted.  Shane had a weird crush on Danielle and she had a father/daughter relationship with Danielle. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Like 1

Take it for what it is but over on Survivor Wiki it said that Terry was considered for Micronesia and Heroes vs. Villains but was cut from both.  They then wanted to bring him back for the first Blood vs. Water but his daughter was too young to make the show.  Granted anyone can edit that site so who knows if it is true or not.

I am not sure I buy the whole Savage was not brought back because he was boring.  Hell Amber seemed to have the personality of a stick in the mud and she was brought back.  Granted she is a hot woman and that probably had more to do with it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am not sure I buy the whole Savage was not brought back because he was boring.  Hell Amber seemed to have the personality of a stick in the mud and she was brought back.  Granted she is a hot woman and that probably had more to do with it.

I don't think it was that Savage was boring Probst had more of a tone of  would people remember him because his cast had so many big characters. I do think it has more to do with Pearl Islands being in such a weird spot he just missed the first all-star season. Micronesia is  9 seasons later and Fairplay is the season rep. Probst said they won't do the outcast twist again because it screwed over someone who was could of been an All-Star. Granted I'm not a Savage fan so I was happy when he went out the way he did.

Edited by choclatechip45

Probst said they won't do the outcast twist again because it screwed over someone who was could of been an All-Star.

I will never understand Jeff's insistence that Savage was a great player. Under his leadership, Drake had insufficient food and lost six challenges in a row, the tide only turning when Morgan stupidly threw an IC.  He divided his tribe by making sure Skinny Ryan and Lill knew that he considered them worthless and he had the weird and wrong belief that Osten was a great asset. At the merge, he should have been kissing Lill's ass, and instead he got all pissy with her, which gave her the push she needed to side with the original Morgans. Savage was one of the worst players ever.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I will never understand Jeff's insistence that Savage was a great player. Under his leadership, Drake had insufficient food and lost six challenges in a row, the tide only turning when Morgan stupidly threw an IC.  He divided his tribe by making sure Skinny Ryan and Lill knew that he considered them worthless and he had the weird and wrong belief that Osten was a great asset. At the merge, he should have been kissing Lill's ass, and instead he got all pissy with her, which gave her the push she needed to side with the original Morgans. Savage was one of the worst players ever.

I completely agree. I think he was one of the worst leaders ever. The Morgans only won 4 challenges and one of them Drake threw.

When the topic comes up, I simply must pipe in that I think Terry is one of the worst strategic players ever cast, let alone to make the Final 3. Anybody who predicates their strategy on "win Immunity" deserves to have to balance on lillypads against a 120-pound soccer player.

I completely agree. I think he was one of the worst leaders ever. The Morgans only won 4 challenges and one of them Drake threw.

The worst part is that if Osten hadn't quit, their single best challenge competitor, Darrah, would have been next to go. She excelled in the Individual challenges, but if you pay attention during the tribal challenges, she is a beast.

Edited by Oholibamah
  • Love 5
When the topic comes up, I simply must pipe in that I think Terry is one of the worst strategic players ever cast, let alone to make the Final 3. Anybody who predicates their strategy on "win Immunity" deserves to have to balance on lillypads against a 120-pound soccer player.

I agree, I can give him a pass on how he played the hidden immunity idol, but he had no concept on how Survivor works. I hated his strategy of just winning immunity. This is why I have no interest to see him play again no clue on the social aspect.

• Love 2

S12 is clearly the funniest season thanks to wacky hijinks of the Casaya tribe.  That tribe was almost cast like a sitcom.  That entire Courtney/Bruce rivalry over her doing yoga in his rock garden was hilarious, not to mention her offering to sing to him when he was having his intestinal problems.  I think Bruce would've asked for twice the stomach pain if it meant Courtney would've stopped singing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Casaya is my favorite tribe for all the reasons everyone has given so far. They dominated!

ETA: Aras said on RHAP that he would've voted for Terry and Cirie probably would of voted for Danielle granted its 9 years later so who really knows the truth.

Edited by choclatechip45

I'm willing to bet that Shane would've voted for Terry, based on his FTC comments.  He said that Terry was the true Survivor and should have been sitting in the F2 rather than being a juror.  I'm paraphrasing very loosely, but that is the gist of it.  Was there anything revealed later that would contradict this?  I just watched this season over the summer, but it was my first time seeing it, so I don't remember as many details.  I do know that Jeffy did his usual show-of-hands poll at the reunion about who would have voted for whom if it had been Terry/Danielle rather than Aras/Danielle.  I don't remember the results, though.  Does anyone know?

I'm willing to bet that Shane would've voted for Terry, based on his FTC comments.  He said that Terry was the true Survivor and should have been sitting in the F2 rather than being a juror.  I'm paraphrasing very loosely, but that is the gist of it.  Was there anything revealed later that would contradict this?  I just watched this season over the summer, but it was my first time seeing it, so I don't remember as many details.  I do know that Jeffy did his usual show-of-hands poll at the reunion about who would have voted for whom if it had been Terry/Danielle rather than Aras/Danielle.  I don't remember the results, though.  Does anyone know?

I tend  to take the Reunion shows/ after the fact in interviews as grain of salt just because they've already seen all of the confessionals and the edited shows. So its hard too know what would really have happened. All I know is Shane had a big crush on Danielle that came out in a lot of the exit interviews when the show was airing. So even though Aras says 9 years later he would have voted for Terry and Cirie would have voted for Danielle it is hard to know.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 2

From the current episode thread . . . if I had been on Survivor: Pearl Islands, I would've at least thought about killing Jon. I don't care if I found out about the dead grandma lie five seconds or five years later . . . it's a low-down "lookit me!" move that deserves a beating. And I know that I would've been separated from my loved ones for about a month (I threw in a few weeks for pre-game orientation) at most, and that I'd be back to civilization in less than that, but I would've wanted to spend time with a loved one, as opposed to finding out Jon and his pal patting each other on the back for their lie. BTW, Jon losing to Lillian was one of the most hilarious moments in the show's history.

Also, I didn't like Terry. He looked to me like a failed military project to replicate the success of Tom by cloning him.

• Like 1

It's not even so much that Sandra didn't believe him, but she didn't even care if it was true or not, which is what I loved so much. When Fairplay was whining about how he wanted to win so he could get more information about granny (what, "she died, dude" didn't cover it?) Sandra yelled back, "IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU, JON." Ha. Love her. Although now that you mention it, Lill crying as if it were her grandma who fake-died also added to the general hilarity of the whole thing.

• Love 10

The whole "dead grandma" thing bothers me to no end.

It was for Reward! And it's not like it made anybody throw the challenge for him! I don't understand it constantly getting listed as a "great move", I don't understand it catapulting Fairplay to "HOF" status, and don't understand why it's even still discussed. It was a stupid non-strategy designed to get airtime and nothing more. If he had behaved like Elisabeth the entire season and then whipped it up out of nowhere, then maybe I'd find it a little slimy. But he was a disgusting, creepy asshat the entire season.

I don't know, I get why people would have a moral issue with it, especially if they have the burden of a deceased grandparent (although she seems like the kind of lady who finds it hysterical, so I won't do too much outsider-judging). But I just hate giving him the satisfaction of thinking he is such an evil genius for something so silly.

I love it for the simple fact that Sandra's reaction was epic. But that's about it. And it isn't even unique, because Sandra is always epic.

Edited by Oholibamah
  • Love 7

The whole "dead grandma" thing bothers me to no end.

It was for Reward! And it's not like it made anybody throw the challenge for him!

Ah, but later on he was doing stuff like "I swear on my dead grandmother, dude".  I don't remember if this worked, but it was certainly intended for more than reward.  And it was just a super-creative long-range plan to come up with in the first place.  A piece he put in play like a month or two before.  I'm into it.

And, of course, I'm into Sandra's idgaf reaction.  An excellent showdown between the villain and the real hero (not that pair of morons Rupert and Andrew Savage) of the season, in which the hero scores a moral victory, just as she would score the actual victory.

• Love 6

Ah, but later on he was doing stuff like "I swear on my dead grandmother, dude".  I don't remember if this worked, but it was certainly intended for more than reward.  And it was just a super-creative long-range plan to come up with in the first place.  A piece he put in play like a month or two before.  I'm into it.

And, of course, I'm into Sandra's idgaf reaction.  An excellent showdown between the villain and the real hero (not that pair of morons Rupert and Andrew Savage) of the season, in which the hero scores a moral victory, just as she would score the actual victory.

This is a good point, but still out of pace with the praise it always gets. I wanted to barf when I saw Fairplay using it to campaign for his own inclusion in the HOF

To me Fairplay's only great moves were creating the rift between Darrah and Lill and leveraging the outcasts to their full potential. He had good game instincts but would probably never be able to actually win. His game is like a caricateur of Rob C.

To me Fairplay's only great moves were creating the rift between Darrah and Lill and leveraging the outcasts to their full potential. He had good game instincts but would probably never be able to actually win. His game is like a caricateur of Rob C.

He was one immunity challenge from winning. I firmly believe he would of beaten Lil everyone hated Lil. I know during the reunion show they asked everyone to vote and they said Lil would of won, but that was after seeing the whole season. At the time they were voting they had no idea he was lying about the Grandma and had not seen his confessionals.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I thought the almost unanimous vitriol that was aimed at Lill at FTC was surprising, considering that for several episodes before the finale, they had all been saying that if she got to the finals, she would win. I can certainly see why she would be annoying to them, but it didn't seem like anyone ever talked about that. So I've always wondered if they edited out everyone shit-talking her all along, or if no one was saying anything negative until they all simultaneously discovered at FTC that they hated her.

• Like 1

I thought the almost unanimous vitriol that was aimed at Lill at FTC was surprising, considering that for several episodes before the finale, they had all been saying that if she got to the finals, she would win. I can certainly see why she would be annoying to them, but it didn't seem like anyone ever talked about that. So I've always wondered if they edited out everyone shit-talking her all along, or if no one was saying anything negative until they all simultaneously discovered at FTC that they hated her.

Fairplay has been saying for years that he said Lil was unbeatable because whenever he saw her talk at tribal council the jury would roll it's eyes so he figured the jury hated her. So he kept saying she was unbeatable and everyone believed it. I know Sandra has said in some interviews that she would curse Lil out every morning. Granted I take both as a grain of salt. Since its pretty easy to say that after the fact. I couldn't stand Lil and the whole boy scout thing annoyed me.

• Love 2

Eh, considering that production probably leaned on her to bring that scout uniform (what a great story!) and then tricked everyone into wearing clothes for a photo-op and then dropping them into the game, I can't blame Lil for the clothes she was stranded in. And since I don't think one's standing IRL has any bearing on how someone plays the game, I thought it was horrible for everyone to pile on and accuse her of being a hypocrite because she was playing the game in a scout uniform. I actually thought everyone else was being hypocritical there. I mean, if they were saying it as part of a strategy to make people dislike her, fine; but if they actually believed the shit they were shoveling, that's pathetic, IMO. Same goes for the ones who get their panties in a bunch over folks swearing on family members. It's stupid to believe someone in that situation, so doubly stupid to be offended that you got played.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Eh, considering that production probably leaned on her to bring that scout uniform (what a great story!) and then tricked everyone into wearing clothes for a photo-op and then dropping them into the game, I can't blame Lil for the clothes she was stranded in. And since I don't think one's standing IRL has any bearing on how someone plays the game, I thought it was horrible for everyone to pile on and accuse her of being a hypocrite because she was playing the game in a scout uniform. I actually thought everyone else was being hypocritical there. I mean, if they were saying it as part of a strategy to make people dislike her, fine; but if they actually believed the shit they were shoveling, that's pathetic, IMO. Same goes for the ones who get their panties in a bunch over folks swearing on family members. It's stupid to believe someone in that situation, so doubly stupid to be offended that you got played.

Well she decided to wear those clothes. I just found it pretty hypocritical on both sides. If you are using the Boy Scout honor to prove your loyalty you cant really complain if people bring it up at the final tribal council. And by the way I think Burton was as much as a hypocrite because he was planning on voting Lil out that night.

• Love 1

I've been watching Season 12 on the back of the comments on this board. You guys weren't kidding about Casaya being like a sitcom. I think Shane is damn near the top of my list of players who make great TV but would be awful to be stuck playing Survivor with. I loved the scandal caused by Bruce and Bobby hiding in the outhouse, drinking the last bottle of wine.

As for Terry, I think he's a pretty lousy strategist, but he doesn't bother me much otherwise. Actually, I think pretty much everyone on La Mina who made the merge were idiots who didn't understand that even though they have you playing on teams at the beginning, Survivor is not actually a team game. I really got annoyed at Sally for her glee at being the last woman standing on her tribe and then her worry that she was going to be the next to go. What did she think was going to happen after she had helped eliminate all the players who were "weaker" than she was? Really, I get annoyed at anyone who plays along with the "keep the tribe strong" mentality (unless they're trying to make an argument for not getting voted out).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

What made Terry a mediocre player was that he never really tried to leverage either his idol or his incredible challenge dominance into any tangible advantage in the game.  He seemed content to just keep winning challenges (with the idol as his backup) all the way to the final two, and in fairness, his play almost worked.  Terry didn't really try any strategy at all until F6 when he tried to team with Danielle and Courtney, and Cirie snuffed that out with her awesome vote-split play that got Courtney out.

Beyond just Lil being unlikable, I think Jon correctly assumed that the jury would never vote an Outcast to win the game since everyone was so pissed about that stupid twist.  (There's a reason Survivor has never repeated the 'Outcasts' twist....at least with Redemption Island they're up front about letting everyone know that eliminated players get a second chance.)  Jon shrewdly tried to align himself to be in a F2 against either Burton or Lil, since Jon would've certainly beaten either in a final vote.

The fact Fairplay didn't get voted out at the final 4 was impressive to me. I do think he was a pretty good player.

The F4 immunity challenge was that weird "jury vs. the players" thing where, since the jury won, nobody was immune.  Had it been a normal immunity challenge involving anything physical, I suspect Darrah (an underrated Survivor challenge monster) would've easily won and kept her streak going.  The only reason Sandra/Lil didn't vote for Jon at F4 is because they took the chance to eliminate Darrah while they had the chance.

Edited by Trick Question
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

Terry did try to pull Cirie in at the merge, but it was so ham-handed, I'm loathe to call it strategy. He offered her the "opportunity" to "relax and be stress-free" while La Mina voted off all her allies. He didn't say, "we'll wait until they're all gone before we vote you off," but he might as well have. He was a dumbass for sure, but the fact that his challenge wins kept foiling Casaya's plans to vote him out made the season more interesting to me than a straight pagonging would have.

Fairplay has been saying for years that he said Lil was unbeatable because whenever he saw her talk at tribal council the jury would roll it's eyes so he figured the jury hated her. So he kept saying she was unbeatable and everyone believed it. I know Sandra has said in some interviews that she would curse Lil out every morning. Granted I take both as a grain of salt. Since its pretty easy to say that after the fact.

I believe Sandra since I would imagine that she cursed most of them out every morning. Fairplay ... I don't know. I can see why he'd say that; he always has to act like he's the mastermind controlling everyone and him saying that people only thought Lill was unbeatable was because he put that thought in their minds fits right in with his normal delusions. But from a strategic point of view, it makes no sense. If he thinks the jury hates Lill, then he should want to keep her in the game as his goat. By telling everyone who's still in the game that she's unbeatable, he's just making them want to vote her out. So if he really was doing that, it was stupid and ultimately useless since it didn't work. If it weren't for my love for Sandra, I would have wished for Lill to take Fairplay to FTC because I'm convinced she would have beaten him. He would have gotten Burton's vote and probably Ryan O's, but I'm pretty sure everyone else would have voted for Lill if only because she wasn't Fairplay.

Same goes for the ones who get their panties in a bunch over folks swearing on family members. It's stupid to believe someone in that situation, so doubly stupid to be offended that you got played.

I hate when they give people grief for that, mainly because of how gutted Twila was over it. And I agree it's hypocritical because they often bring in examples of their own dead relatives (Ami's brother and Trish's ? someone) and give impassioned speeches that go, "My brother died and I loved him and I would never EVER exploit his death for my own purposes because that's how saintly and moral a person I am, unlike you who obviously does not know what love is. I feel sorry for you I really do. Anyway, my brother's dead and I didn't swear on him so I'm a good person. Thank you. My brother is dead." Hell, even Fairplay didn't hold it against Sandra for swearing on her kids, although if he'd tried to she probably would have just laughed in his stupid face.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I believe Sandra since I would imagine that she cursed most of them out every morning. Fairplay ... I don't know. I can see why he'd say that; he always has to act like he's the mastermind controlling everyone and him saying that people only thought Lill was unbeatable was because he put that thought in their minds fits right in with his normal delusions. But from a strategic point of view, it makes no sense. If he thinks the jury hates Lill, then he should want to keep her in the game as his goat. By telling everyone who's still in the game that she's unbeatable, he's just making them want to vote her out. So if he really was doing that, it was stupid and ultimately useless since it didn't work. If it weren't for my love for Sandra, I would have wished for Lill to take Fairplay to FTC because I'm convinced she would have beaten him. He would have gotten Burton's vote and probably Ryan O's, but I'm pretty sure everyone else would have voted for Lill if only because she wasn't Fairplay.

Yeah I agree Fairplay's logic makes no sense. He has been pretty consistent about it through the years so I'll give him that. See I think Fairplay would have gotten Darrah's vote and even though Rupert & Christa hated him I think they would of voted for Fairplay to win. Rupert was all about "The Drake". Sandra & Tijuana I think would of voted for Lil to win since Tijuana when Lil was against Sandra.

The F4 immunity challenge was that weird "jury vs. the players" thing where, since the jury won, nobody was immune.  Had it been a normal immunity challenge involving anything physical, I suspect Darrah (an underrated Survivor challenge monster) would've easily won and kept her streak going.  The only reason Sandra/Lil didn't vote for Jon at F4 is because they took the chance to eliminate Darrah while they had the chance.

Didn't Fairplay start an argument between Lil and Darrah before the challenge? That's what I give him credit for. I agree Darrah probably would of won that Immunity Challenge. But did she win any physical challenges? I know she won 4 immunity challenges which I give her full credit for because she went up against Burton who has to be one of the best physical/mental challenge people ever. The only ones I remember is the word search which Burton DQed on. Granted at the Final 4 she probably would of won anything because Burton was out who was also a challenge beast.

Edited by choclatechip45

I remember Darrah winning one IIC where she had to reach into a tube to retrieve a ball. She was so skinny already but had lost so much more weight with 30+ Days on the island. She was on a roll winning several individual immunities and almost made it to the Final 2.

• Love 2

Hi everyone, first post in this forum, yay!

Now, I've kinda lost touch with the show in the last seasons, but I was on a Survivor kick in the last few weeks and rewatched some of the first seasons, and I remembered how much I actually loved them. I've got to say, possibly an unpopular opinion, but I think the stretch of episodes from 3 to about 8 in Africa is probably the most I've enjoyed Survivor ever; awesome editing, amazing music, the super cool reward with the goats and the bartering in the village, Clarence and the chickens, Probst being actually pretty fun and much less of a dick, and especially the fantastic rise and fall arc of Silas and Lindsey.

Seriously, never have I seen a better representation of hubris and its immediate downfall, and the editing of the challenge that seals Silas's fate is absolutely phenomenal, with the pounding drums of intensity for Samburu juxtaposed with lacksadaisical chanting for Boran throwing the challenge. On a technical level, of just how much care and love went into the show in those first few seasons, there is no comparison with the most recent seasons I watched (I'll admit to having stopped watching when they brought Coach and Ozzy back for the third time, it was just too much douche for me to handle, so maybe they went back to that kind of attention to detail and cinematography again, I don't know).

Also, someone with a better memory than me, is Africa the only time when someone threw a challenge and then went on to win the whole thing, or did it ever happen again? Usually I'm of the opinion that throwing a challenge is a really dumb move, but when it brings about Silas's elimination, I can't fault it.

Really, though, if you have the chance, go back and rewatch those episodes. They're absolutely awesome, especially if you pay attention to the musical cues.

• Like 1

Also, someone with a better memory than me, is Africa the only time when someone threw a challenge and then went on to win the whole thing, or did it ever happen again?

I don't think so the closest was Ozzy who threw the challenge with Billy and came in second.

• Like 1

Rob threw the "hang over a pool by your legs" endurance challenge in Redemption Island, plus I think Aras in Exile Island is the only time the winner has bothered competing when they've done that twist where you can either play for immunity or eat during the challenge? But Africa is the only time I can remember it happening in a tribal challenge.

With the finale next week, I keep meaning to ask . . . when was the last time Survivor didn't have a finale on a Sunday?

ETA for fishcakes . . . I could've swore there had not been a weeknight finale in forever.

@Lantern, I think last season was the first time they've done it on a weeknight since really early on. I looked at the air dates on IMDb and they started the Sunday finales with the Amazon in season 6. I didn't look at any after that, but I think all of them from 6 through 27 have been on Sunday. I was pretty surprised last season when they did it mid-week.

I'm rewatching Tocantins right now and I don't understand why we ever stopped calling Coach "Douche" on the boards. (I would also accept "Chuckie the Cheese.") He is just the most ridiculous human being ever. In the most recent episode he's talking to Sierra and Useless Debbie about voting Erinn out because she's "evil" and he is so true and has so much integrity that he can't be around people like her, although he understands that Sierra and Debbie can, being mere mortals and all. How does he not get punched in the face every single day of his life, is my question.

One thing I'd forgotten about is that during Tocantins, one person from each tribe was sent to Exile Island together, and I think this might be the first time we saw people from different tribes attempt to put together a final four alliance with Taj, Brendan, Stephen, and Sierra. It's kind of a shame that the producers don't always have people from opposing tribes go to Exile together, rather than alone, since there's so much more potential for shaking up the game. They did try it again this season, and nothing much came of it, but I chalk that up to this season's players being so useless and dumb.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

As I remember, Coach was insufferable during Tocantins, but surprisingly likeable at the reunion. However, people didn't really come around to him until he got voted out of Heroes vs. Villains, and he, Courtney, and JT formed The Dragons at Ponderosa. Coach has always struck me as a hypocrite with delusions of grandeur, but also mostly harmless. I think Boston Rob was right on the money when he called him a "small man".

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I just saw the episode where Coach got voted out (and it was glorious) but the DVD has a secret scene that I'd never seen or heard talked about before. In it, Coach is telling JT and Stephen that two years earlier he had a malignant brain tumor and the doctors told him there was nothing they could do and that he had only six weeks to live. So Coach meditated the tumor away. He said he was in bed and unable to move, so he visualized his white blood cells attacking the tumor and at the end of the six weeks, the doctors examined him and said, "Welp! Guess you've got some life in you yet!" and since then he's been tumor free. Then JT gives this hilarious deadpan confessional afterwards where he essentially says, "I don't know about some of Coach's stories. They sound like something he maybe read in a book?" The whole thing was so fucking funny, but seriously, Coach needs to be in an institution.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

One thing I'd forgotten about is that during Tocantins, one person from each tribe was sent to Exile Island together, and I think this might be the first time we saw people from different tribes attempt to put together a final four alliance with Taj, Brendan, Stephen, and Sierra. It's kind of a shame that the producers don't always have people from opposing tribes go to Exile together, rather than alone, since there's so much more potential for shaking up the game. They did try it again this season, and nothing much came of it, but I chalk that up to this season's players being so useless and dumb.

Well, something kinda did come out of it this season (San Juan del Sur), Natalie volunteered to go to Exile Island with Baylor and cemented her alliance with both her and Missy.  Natalie did end up throwing Baylor out at five, but until then, this was probably her most valuable alliance.

Edited by Nightbaron

I am watching Micronesia for the first time. I was taking a survivor break when it was on originally. It's really been enjoyable to watch the women run the end game. I had seen snippets before, particularly Erik's boot, but it's entertaining to watch everything go down.

• Love 2

Micronesia was a great season. Parvati, Amanda & Cirie were awesome. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a Final 2 instead of 3. I'm pretty sure Cirie would have won.......I think.......right?

I think so Eliza has said Cirie would of won.

Cirie probably would of had-Eliza, Alexis and Erik

Parvati probably would have had-Natalie and Jason

Amanda probably would have had-Ozzy and James

I think if Cirie would of won either Exile or Micronesia she would of been the beloved Survivor winner ever.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Cirie shows how important it can be to win the FIC.  Being unable to do so kept her out of the finals in Micronesia.  IMO Kim had to win the FIC, or she, too, would have gotten booted.  Same with Boston Rob in his winning season. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2