Type keyword(s) to search

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - General Discussion

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:
16 hours ago, krankydoodle said:

Wow, I had no idea they were rebooting this show and I spend a lot of time on pop culture websites.

Expand  

Expand  

Grissom !!  Brass !!  Even Sara.

According to Wikipedia -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSI:_Vegas -- Hodges will be back as well.

Does anyone know what date "This Fall" signifies? (I need to put it on my Google Drive spreadsheet, LOL)

On 5/30/2021 at 7:55 AM, shapeshifter said:

Does anyone know what date "This Fall" signifies?

They haven't announced a date yet as far as I can tell.

Since they're bringing Hodges back, it would be fun to see Wendy and Archie again too.

• Love 1

I watch CSI on Pluto, I've figured out their schedule, from 2 AM they run Las Vegas for 8 hours, then it's 8 hours of NY, then 8 hours of Las Vegas, then 16 hours of Miami. I don't understand the scheduling, but that's the way it is. 

I watched the first episode of the new CSI and I forgot to watch the next 2. I don't watch network tv anymore since 2016 with a couple of exceptions. So, I forget what day of the week it is and what time it is and forget to tune in. 

They've been airing those 3 episodes of CSi: Vegas off and on all weekend. I'm already tired of them. At least during CSI original and surprisingly during NY. I don't know about during Miami, because I find other things to watch when Miami is on.

I still haven't figured out the schedules for NY and Vegas, I thought it was 8 hours Vegas, 8 hours NY, 8 hours Vegas, 16 hours Miami, the 8 hours NY, 8 hours Vegas, 8 hours Miami, but then again I have no idea and I'm not going to edit this again! lol

Edited by friendperidot

I’m watching this on Paramount + and am reminded of how much I loved the early seasons. Unlike most, I love Grissom. Hell, he actually had a sense of humor in the first…three seasons, I think? It was around four he started to get all dour.

And despite the ridiconkulous premise of how CSI, have any say in questioning suspects or investigate to solve the crimes (hand waving and all that), the original remains my favorite out of all three. Miami deserves all mockery it gets. I watched New York sporadically. I couldn’t overlook how the women ran in high heels chasing suspects and stuff.

I LOVE how Grissom, along with his team, does the forensics. Caruso’s Horatio just poses and spouts those mockworthy lines. And he wasn’t like that in the back door pilot.

I’m still bitter over how Warrick left the show. And when Dourdan had all those drug difficulties later just made me sad.

I stopped watching when Petersen left. So I’ll be watching the Fishburne and Danson years for the first time now.

I think it still holds up well, and that they all actually do the work instead of technology doing ALL the work that today’s shows do. There’s something to be said for technology and old school combo investigating.

But it PEEVES me to no end that they show Danson and Shue’s faces when airing the closing credits for the next episode.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

Yeesh. I should have known better, but seeing all 15 seasons listed, I assumed that Paramount + had all seasons, but nope!

So, I switched to Hulu, that apparently have all seasons.

I swear, when I originally watched the first nine seasons, I didn't notice the change that actually took place starting in season 3, and not for the better.

Just all that loud music annoyed me in the season premiere. Here, you've got Nick trying to process the evidence at that Crap table, while music is pounding and that stupid girl is gesticulating. Why didn't they shut it down until he was done?

And clearly Grissom's maybe he is/maybe he isn't going deaf didn't happen, but I found that sub-sub plot stupid and unnecessary. 

And I love that Sara and Catherine also wear sensible shoes when they're processing evidence; and don't go chasing after would be suspects as if they're cops. Yeah, yeah, like I posted above, I have to hand wave all that nonsense that they get to question suspects, violate constitutional rights by collecting forensics from people's bodies without warrants, because in this world, they can do that! But not as egregiously as Miami did.

I'm trying to remember if it's just the stock footage, or if they really did film in Nevada and Las Vegas? Watching all those scenes again, makes me wanna go back for a visit.

And I don't know if this is true, because like wiki, imdb info is provided by fans, I think? And when I searched Gary Dourdan, apparently, CBS/the show didn't renew his contract for season nine and on, and his departure, and the way it was written and filmed was completed before he had that drug arrest. But apparently, he didn't go to jail? The judge "diverted" his sentence or something like that?

Anyhoo, WHY didn't they renew? He had won a couple of Emmys for this show. I know, I know, it's all moot. But honestly, that season and Grissom's final season is all just a blur to me.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

OH.MY.GOD.

I skipped ahead to watch the season 12 episode 18, and finale and season premiere of 13 because I'd read in the revival thread that Jaclyn Smith guest starred, and she was my co-favorite Angel, Kelly, along with Kate Jackson's Sabrina. Though she wasn't in the premiere, but it was a cliffhanger.

First, it's so, very, very sad what she's done to her face.

Second, what did George Eads do to piss off the hair and  wardrobe people? What was that thing on his head, that was passed off as a hairstyle? It looked like some pathetic dude wannabe swinger from the 70s, along with those shirts. At least by the season premiere, it was sort of back to the look he sported in the early seasons. Jorja Fox looks exactly.the.same. Is she drinking the blood of virgins?

But that two parter was just too much. Too Much of crossing the line or almost doing so. And what the FUCK, with that murdering asshole McKeen still in power for killing Warrick? And while I didn't see her intro, I have to agree with others, I can't stand Finlay? Finley? Trying too hard to be like Marg's Catherine Willows. Sorry, but there's only one Marg* Helgenberger. I suppose they didn't flashback to Warrick's murder and Grissom finding him, or any other scenes, because then they'd have to pay Peterson, Dourdan, and whoever else.

So then I went back to continuing from where I left off in season 3. And I'm yelling at my teevee for Grissom to tell his team already what's going on with him.

*Been a fan of hers since her days of playing cop Shiobhan Ryan on Ryan's Hope, to K.C. Kolowski on China Beach.

I’m up to midway in season 9-a couple episodes before Grissom leaves and OH.MY.GOD. My brain has been protecting me all these years because I don’t remember that arrogant twit, Riley. They killed off Warrick to replace him with Her?🤬🤬🤬

I was up until 3:00 this morning and 😭 as Warrick died in Grissom’s arms. And at the end when Grissom choked up at his funeral.

I thought I could continue to watch the non-Grissom seasons, but I can’t. Aside from Petersen leaving, the new writers from season 7 on just suck. And reading all the comments from TWoP makes me miss all of those that loved this show and feel the same about Grissom and George Eads’ questionable hair style choices!🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂 I don’t want to single anyone out here, but I do recognize one or two from there!

I'm doing a re-watch of the early seasons after a long time. Some of the early episodes just stuck with me. I really liked the careful exploration of life in Las Vegas. I might be a bit nostalgic, I'm sure.

I just watched the Hunger Artist and this episode is just heartbreaking. Body dysmorphic disorder going to extremes. It wasn't as much talked about at the time, I believe, but I'm sure many women could relate if not to that extent. It was one of Tricia Helfer's first roles and she nailed it.

I stopped watching and couldn't continue after Grissom left. I did watch "The Two Mrs. Grissoms" just to see Will Petersen in that one minute, uncredited scene, because I love him.

I even tried to watch the revival, and it was horrible. Despite all the same producers and creators, the pilot and the characters eh. Petersen, Fox, and Guilfoyle aren't enough for me to watch.

The chemistry and dynamic just wasn't the same after Warrick/Dourdan was gone; and it definitely wasn't improved when Petersen left.

I remember well when CSI was *the* thing to watch week after week. It was for me, for quite a while.

I liked the early episodes that featured Lady Heather and Grissom. She could read him like a book, and that both intriqued and frightened him.  I was actually shocked he made an advance on her (although how far that went was  never made clear).  Too bad he falsely accused her of murder, which made her way of him for quite a while.