Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

I believe Malcolm says he felt so terrible for betraying his wife's memory after sleeping with Moira that he went to Nanda Parbat. So I guess he slept with Moira then left.

damn it! i can't remember a scene where he said that. anyone has a link to it? (if it does exist). i hate making info up in fics when i know the correct info was told or hinted in a show/movie, and this is not a fic where i feel i can make up these sort of details. :-/

It was the Scientist.  I just verified it.  Here's the quote:

(Malcolm)

"I think we both needed someone that night.  I felt so bad about betraying Rebecca's memory that I left Starling, left Tommy behind.  That's when I made my way to Nanda Parbat where I found my new purpose.  In a way Moira, you made  me the man I am today."

I got deeply confused today when i found out about certain fanfics where:

1.) Oliver returned to Starling City, only to find out he was pregnant, by Slade no less

2.) 13 years ago Oliver got Tommy pregnant

3.) Oliver now has to struggle with running his family's company, keeping his pregnancy quiet and being the vigilante

• Love 6

That's a subgenre of fanfic known as 'mpreg'.  i never really understood the appeal, especially as it often seems to turn a male character into a female stereotype.

thank @BkWurm1 :-)

i suppose they may have changed it in a bit cause in 1x11 tommy tells laurel his dad left when he was 8.. than again he was a kid so he may not remember the details all too well.

He would have remembered since it was soon after his mother died and you don't forget those sorts of things.   Thea's birthday is early in the new year so Moira would have got pregnant March 1994.  On the tombstone it states that Tommy was born in 1985.

Probably when they wrote Tommy saying his dad left when he was 8, Barrowman hadn't pitched making Thea Malcolm's daughter yet.

• Love 1
(edited)

Hahahaha male pregnancy (mpreg as statsgirl said) is common in slash fiction. I'm not really sure why. I'm just surprised though - I didn't think Arrow had much of a slash fanbase.

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

Hahahaha male pregnancy (mpreg as statsgirl said) is common in slash fiction. I'm not really sure why. I'm just surprised though - I didn't think Arrow had much of a slash fanbase.

The only time I can actually read a Mpreg fic and have it make total sense (even in the Syfy world) is when i read Torchwood fics and they have Captain Jack pregnant. which is fine, cause he's from the 51st century, and according to what he said in the pilot of the show he already bore a child so...

@Velocity23 yes... that first one, i've seen that one but i haven't read it. firstly because the idea of a slade and Oliver hook up just jives me the wrong way (same as the Thea x Tommy because of the reveal - Barrowman!! shakes fist in anger, it's his fault i really liked the idea of them as a couple, but now.. ), and secondly non of them is Captain Jack as i explained above. any way, so yea, a tommy and oliver hook up is fine, kind of like the Nyssa x Felicity hook up- the idea of it.. it's actually hot!

anyway wait until you come across the OliverxThea fics... yeaaaa. or the Oliver Lance.

pretty much in fanfic land Oliver has hooked up with anyone he has and hasn't (as well as shouldn't!) hook up on the show. somebody even posted a Stephen x emily Fanfic, and while i can't really say anything against the general idea of writing fics about real people, cause i did it myself during my ER days so i'll be an hypocrite to do so, neither of the two people i wrote about were married with a kid (at the time anyway).

Edited by foreverevolving
(edited)

That's a subgenre of fanfic known as 'mpreg'.  i never really understood the appeal, especially as it often seems to turn a male character into a female stereotype.

I didn't know that existed. I will admit I was hoping they would make Jack pregnant on Lost.

pretty much in fanfic land Oliver has hooked up with anyone he has and hasn't (as well as shouldn't!) hook up on the show.

lmao

Edited by icandigit

lmao

actually there is one person i don't think he has hooked up yet in fanfic land: Waller (unless i missed it or it wasn't posted in any of the sites i read at). something tells me we'll see a few of those come season 3. as well as at least one Ray Oliver (an O/F/R threesome... damn it. now it's stuck in my head like the R/M/M idea)..

There are already too many people on this planet, if men too start procreating, there wont be place for people to stand. We gotta find another liveable planet and we gotta do it now!

• Love 1

Just when I think I've seen everything...I hadn't heard of Real Person Fanfic (which makes me deeply uncomfortable) until LotR, and I wish to (insert deity) I'd never heard of Wincest.

Now mpreg...well, each to his/her own I suppose.

(edited)

Real person Fanfic is banned at FanFiction.com to my lasting pleasure. It too easily becomes stalkery, outrightly disrespectful to the actor's families and of course extremely creepy. You have to question someone's ability to recognize reality.

The twist I've been running across in the MPreg fic lately is they've been involving werewolves and the alpha, omega, and beta standings one would find in a wolf pack. Not my cup of tea due to say the least, A-werewolves, and B- no Felicity. On the upside, no Laurel either. ;)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I loathe Alpha/Beta/Omega (or A/B/O) fic. It's not about werewolves, although I'm sure some versions have werewolves. In A/B/O fic, omegas are men who can get pregnant and they go into heats (like a cat) and they have to be "bred" by an alpha. So the pairs are always alpha/omega. Betas are just normal people. And the fics are usually loaded with slavery and consent issues (the omegas are often written as some sort of slave class). It's all very disturbing and creepy to me - apologies to anyone who likes it. But it's become really a thing for some reason over the last year or so.

Real person fic and real person shipping is just a huge huge no for me. It's just....no. No.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
(edited)

So, Alpha/Omega is from Teen Wolf or something? Or does it fall outside of a specific show?

For example is it a theme that people apply to characters in any show?

Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)

I looked it up on Fanlore, and apparently it came out of the Supernatural fandom (there's a shock, from the fandom that also gave us Wincest). Here's the link talking about it but be warned, it's more, er, explicit, than my earlier summary. But yes, it's a theme that people apply to whatever fandom characters they want.

http://fanlore.org/wiki/Alpha/Beta/Omega

Edited by Starfish35

Oh man just read the link and one of the links inside the link...lol

I'm so glad I don't read Supernatural fanfic..I thought Wincest was the oddest thing to come out of SPN fandom.

please, in my HP fanfic days there were so many Wesley twincest fics.. i believe they are still fairly popular.

yeaaa i've been around the fanfic world for over a decade now and different fandoms. i've seen it all. although the A/B/O thing is really a new thing, i've never encountered that one until this year when i saw it on the Arrow fics. i suppose it can be an interesting setting to use, when used properly. i actually seen one fic like that in the arrow-verse with an interesting story idea.. but again it involved Oliver and Slade and.. that pairing, like the laurel x oliver one, just doesn't compute well in my head.

Legacy

Ridiculously brilliant fic by ash818

Future fic, Olicity as parents, opens with Oliver bailing his 19 year old son out of jail (guess who he takes after).  Told from the son's POV, it's a fantastic story, full of action and drama and revelations (he has no idea of his parents' background, but comes to learn a few truths).  The writing is killer (all ash818's work is brilliant); the family dynamics are so well written, she really just nails the relationships.  All the Arrow favorites make an appearance and I just loved every word of it.  Oh, and it's a 27K word one shot, so make sure you have time to spare, you won't want to stop reading once you start.  :-)

• Love 6
(edited)

I've been waiting to get to my computer to post a few fics I found that I enjoyed. A couple of these have already been recommended, but just in case you missed them the first time around . . .

Break - http://archiveofourown.org/works/1623395/chapters/3461336 - by eyrk - After the events of Unthinkable, Felicity burns out from Arrow activities. So she takes a step back to get some air. This story tracks Felicity's journey of becoming a heroine in her own right as she helps form the Justice League. - A fun fic totally centered on Felicity, that brings in other superheroes - really enjoying it.

Future Days - http://archiveofourown.org/works/1478704/chapters/3118999 - by HanayaS - Felicity wakes up in the hospital after a fall and things are not as she remembers. - A "Felicity loses her memory" fic, but good stuff.

Hands - http://archiveofourown.org/works/816909/chapters/1546164 - by redtoes - Felicity knows her place in Oliver's life. She's the sidekick not the love interest. But in the Summer after the artificial earthquake lots of things can change.

Sins - http://archiveofourown.org/works/1750697/chapters/3740720 - by SmoakAndArrow - I saw this recced up above, but had to rec it again. I didn't think I'd care for it based on the premise (Oliver & Felicity found each other before the island), but it's sexy and smouldery and has drawn me in.

Technical Assistance - http://archiveofourown.org/works/1359190/chapters/2838451 by thatmasquedgirl - An AU that shows another way F/O could have met. A slow burn, and I really look forward to updates.

The Love Business - http://archiveofourown.org/works/1696046/chapters/3608591 - by SmoakAndArrow - Took me way too long to figure out this was a play on Sabrina. A fun AU.

we keep all our promises (be us against the world) - http://archiveofourown.org/works/1126161/chapters/2270555 - by sarcastic_fina - A really cute AU without an Arrow in the universe. Has douchebag Oliver meeting Felicity, and seeing where her influence takes him. Slow burn that is awesome! Hasn't been updated since March, but I keep waiting! 

With Our Backs to the Wall (The Darkness Will Fall) - http://archiveofourown.org/works/1369879/chapters/2864389 - by theirhappystory - another AU without an Arrow in the universe, and a younger Felicity. I wasn't sure of this one at first, but it's rather charming.

Edited by Moviesnob
  • Love 2
(edited)
we keep all our promises (be us against the world) - http://archiveofouro...hapters/2270555 - by sarcastic_fina - A really cute AU without an Arrow in the universe. Has douchebag Oliver meeting Felicity, and seeing where her influence takes him. Slow burn that is awesome! Hasn't been updated since March, but I keep waiting!

After one too many unasked for fic prompts (and a few demanding asks for updates), sarcastic_fina took a break from writing completely. She's gotten back into it recently, and is currently writing for the Avengers fandom but plans to continue writing for Olicity when she's ready and feeling it. So don't lose hope! Updates are coming but it may be a bit longer of a wait still. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 2

That's disappointing/hopeful to hear. The demanding audience that fan fiction can have can definitely hinder some authors. I always try to review fics I like and be nice about how I'm looking forward to updates. Without coming off as an entitled jackass (I hope!).

• Love 1

Team Arrow's Florida vacation! I love the beach one, Dig and Sara are like we're just going to ignore what's going behind us.

With the Disney one, obviously Olicity are Mickey and Minnie. I love Sara's skull Mickey shirt, Dig striking an I'm the Wizard pose and Roy wearing a Goofy hat.

• Love 1

From the Felicity thread

there's little things here that off-shoots into so much more. Like if her mom was a cocktail waitress, how did Felicity end up building computers at such a young age? Did she learn hacking in Vegas or did she develop that at MIT? How did she afford MIT?

Aces High by redtoes

• Love 1

Did Sara put Roy in the washing machine? I'm guessing it's because he had popcorn all over his face after the movie. I also love Oliver's batman slippers. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
Technical Assistance - http://archiveofouro...hapters/2838451 by thatmasquedgirl - An AU that shows another way F/O could have met. A slow burn, and I really look forward to updates.

This is one of the best Arrow AUs I've ever read. Make sure to catch all the separate side stories too, I think we have 5 of them up until now. :)

Just caught up with all the posts for this story.  I wanted to stress reading those "side" stories since they really aren't side stories.  Often they pick up right at the end of a chapter and give you the good part you were hoping for.  You can go to the author's home page and look under Arrow and Series to find a cheat sheet that says how many chapters to read and then the side story to read next before going back to the regular story. 

• Love 1