Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

38 minutes ago, bijoux said:

ETA: Never mind, I see the misunderstanding was cleared up in another thread. 

For some reason, I can't erase a user handle, so hey, @Mellowyellow

how the heck did i end posting that in the wrong thread?  LOL

brought over from The Quiver thread

@Mellowyellow - they're called Cribs here Reminds me of a story I heard, Australian Ex-Pat living in England for her work, kept asking her new roommates if they saw her Thongs or touched/moved them? She earned some funny looks from her roommates 😂🤣 FYI (and Amusement) in Australians Thongs = Flip-Flops

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I generally try to avoid WIPs, but post 713 fics about Felicity's pregnancy are currently my crack, so I thought I'd share, in case anyone else needs something to help get through this last week of hiatus.

The Microchip Chronicles 

“I haven’t looked it up yet, but I was thinking the size of a SD card, or maybe smaller. Like a microchip.” Felicity says thoughtfully, her voice raising with excitement, she spins around to face Oliver, “Microchip, get it? I’m the motherboard and the baby is the microchip.”

So cute!

Dear Mia (Love, Mom) –– I can already tell this one is probably going to destroy all my emotions.

• Love 3

D1JdDpYXQAAZXyW.jpg

Some fans are putting together a really cool project to celebrate the end of the series and they're trying to figure out who this picture might belong to. If any of you have any idea, can you message me? Thanks!

10 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

D1JdDpYXQAAZXyW.jpg

Some fans are putting together a really cool project to celebrate the end of the series and they're trying to figure out who this picture might belong to. If any of you have any idea, can you message me? Thanks!

No idea, but I do think I saw it on here, so it's possible that post included the person's Twitter handle? I know that doesn't help, but maybe if someone can narrow down the con, you can do a search and find it? 

I have seriously been processing Arrow ending and what this means for my writing.

Arrow gave me the writing bug and for the first time in my life I found a creative outlet that was "artsy". The only other time I wrote anything before Arrow was in late high school when I wrote a story about being married Nick Carter who bought me a lot of real estate and jewels (was strangely gold diggerish upon reading it in my older years!).

It has been my bugbear all my life that I was devoid of any artistic tendencies. I don't know what to do with myself creatively when Arrow is gone! I finally found my "thing"and it's been such a wonderful hobby for the last few years.

• Love 3

There's no reason you have to stop writing Arrow fic. In my past fandoms, people were still churning out Alias and Veronica Mars fic long after the shows ended. People are still writing Buffy fic to this day! 

A lot of Arrow fic writers have tweeted this week that they intend to keep writing after S8 ends, and thank goodness for them, because my Olicity will live on, even when there's no new TV content. You should do the same, if you're so inclined!

• Love 5

You know what I'm going to miss so much? How vast the Olicity fandom is in terms of creative endeavours and how easy it is to cross paths with someone out there who is into a very specific thing that you're into.

Someone was able to work out exactly which real life figure skaters I had based my Olicity AU on. 

Similarly whenever I steal a plot from a Chinese series (which I always confess to!) there is ALWAYS someone who tells me they've seen the exact same series and how much they enjoyed seeing Olicity cast in it.

I am going to miss that so much. It is unique and rare and I think it's due to the fandom being so huge.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Two super weird questions I am hoping one of you can answer.

MIT is in Boston yes? I am like 99% sure but it's not my country so I should check!

What is the BIGGEST Ice hockey team in Boston?

MIT is in Boston- the hockey team is the Boston Bruins.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

She forgot Lucas at Felicity's press conference.  🤣

I especially love Oliver, Felicity, and Diggle spying on Connor and Mia.

LOL just imagine Oliver tell Diggle" your my brother I love you but if Connor hurts my Little Girl I HURT HIM LOL

• Love 1
12 hours ago, lemotomato said:

I think this edit is a great alternate ending for the show:

There's a shot of William coming to the room missing. Just sayin'. 

• Love 1

https://io9.gizmodo.com/doctor-who-fan-fiction-and-a-youtube-documentary-head-1833742171

I saw this and was kind of tickled.  Congrats to everyone.  😄 lol.  This is about the nominations made for this year's Hugo Awards (The Hugo Awards honor the best in 2018's comics, movies, TV shows, and other works.)

There are also two interesting additions to this year’s nominees for Related Works. First, there’s Archive of Our Own, a massive collection of transformative fanworks, like fan fiction and fan art—I guess that means all the fan fic on that site is now technically Hugo-nominated, so congrats, folks! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

FYI, I have never read any Arrow or Olicity fan fiction...

Celebrating your favorite ‘Arrow’ and Olicity fan fictions
Lynsey Neill  April 3, 2019
https://www.purefandom.com/2019/04/03/celebrating-your-favorite-arrow-and-olicity-fan-fictions/

Amongst the devastating news of Emily Bett Rickards’ departure from Arrow ahead of its eighth and final season, I thought an Olicity fan fiction list was in order.

Not because I am naive enough to think that this list will replace the joy of seeing Mrs. Felicity Smoak on your TV screens every week, but because fan fictions let our minds roam free into every possibility. And a world full of possibilities sounds pretty good next to the fact of a Felicity-less season 8.
Felicity Smoak means A LOT to A LOT of people. And that’s just me simplifying it. However, isn’t it fitting that a non-comic book couple (on a show based on a comic book) garners so much love and adoration through fan fiction?

Because we all dabble in diverging canon. Whether if its writing 50 chapters of Olicity as secret agents, or if it’s simply thinking “you know what will be cute, if they were holding hands right now.” Even rebooting a new issue of a comic book is a divergence from what is considered to be canon. And then that also becomes canon.

Let’s be real, Olicity is basically (and Arrow as a whole) just another iteration of the Green Arrow comic book. Canon isn’t rigid in that sense. And acting like it is, is frankly just no fun.
Let’s roam all the possibilities together, shall we? Without further ado here’s some of your favorite Hugo Award Nominated Arrow and Olicity fan fictions EVER (archive warnings apply):
(Read more)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

FYI, I have never read any Arrow or Olicity fan fiction...

If you enjoy reading, I encourage you to give it a try.  Not everything is going to be to your taste or meet a high level of quality but a surprisingly large percentage probably will.  Just beware  of abandoned fics.  They can break your heart like a show cancelled mid season.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Just beware  of abandoned fics.  They can break your heart like a show cancelled mid season.  

There are abandoned fics on the PureFandom list, just for anyone who starts picking fics off of it. More than one, which is weird. Make sure you check to see if it's complete before you start. 

• Love 2