Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

43 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I NEED HELP!

Do the police have your finger prints if you've never been arrested ever?

If you get arrested once do they have your finger prints?

If you get arrested once as an adult they will have your fingerprints. In addition many other professions require it, including people who work in finance, the medical field, or care for children, among others. 

• Love 1
Just now, thegirlsleuth said:

If you get arrested once as an adult they will have your fingerprints. In addition many other professions require it, including people who work in finance, the medical field, or care for children, among others. 

Thank you so much and for being so quick to respond! That's perfect for what I need!!!! 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I'm going to amuse myself during the hiatus by imagining scenarios where Sara takes Felicity and William on the Waverider to keep them safe (hahaha yeah I know but go with it). Lol. :). William bonds with Ray to Oliver's eventual horror (that one's for you @Mellowyellow).  Gideon falls in love with Felicity. :).

OK I might need a little sleep. 

Do you mind if I steal this idea for a raging crackfic?

Honestly I am STILL SO MAD at that finale I need to write something angry but fairly good natured to alleviate my anger! 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Do you mind if I steal this idea for a raging crackfic?

Honestly I am STILL SO MAD at that finale I need to write something angry but fairly good natured to alleviate my anger! 

Steal away! :D

HAHAHAHAHAHA....

“What do you mean too late. Is she dead?”

“No worse,” Diggle responds, his mouth twisting as if he was tasting something nasty on the tip of his tongue. “She claimed she was so overcome with grief from the death of her second daddy, she channeled that grief into acting. She’s moved to Earth 26 where she is a D grade actress playing a clumsy vigilante who has three facial expressions. I think she threatened someone with her sonic cry into giving her a job on Earth 26. She also does finance ads on the side.”

“That is oddly specific knowledge about BS’s situation you have there,” Oliver stares at John and shudders.

I'm dead.  You have killed me.  Good job!

• Love 9
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA....

I'm dead.  You have killed me.  Good job!

hehe I know you guys want BS dead but I thought this was so much better =P

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 4
(edited)

grubby goatee ....

The Legends will let you stay but if you want to go suit yourself. It’s not like you ever listen to anything I say anyway.”

LOL. 

Do we have to come up with a ship name for Felicity and Gideon?

ETA: Does anyone know how I can start leaving comments on AO3 again?  Suddenly it's telling me that I"m logged out even though I'm never logged in. I've tried clearing my cache and rebooting but I can't leave comments via my laptop although I can with my phone. I tried to contact them last week but they didn't get back to me.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Revenge crackfic is up! This is becoming a habit! 

OMG, the way you dispatched Curtis made me crack up. You really are the best!

• Love 2

You may have heard that every story can fit into one of these six basic stryty[es.

1. Rags to riches – a steady rise from bad to good fortune

2. Riches to rags – a fall from good to bad, a tragedy

3. Icarus – a rise then a fall in fortune

4. Oedipus – a fall, a rise then a fall again

5. Cinderella – rise, fall, rise

6. Man in a hole – fall, rise

Is there one that your favourite stories fall into?

I don't see how mysteries fit in the story types, not when it's for the thrill of the chase rather than a personal vendetta.  But otherwise, I guess stick to 1,5 and 6 if I have a choice.  I typically don't like unhappy endings in my fiction.  

• Love 2

1, 5 and 6 for me.

I do like the fall to be a big dramatic fall though but nothing disturbing. 

I love happy endings but I find a lot of stories tend to give me a happy ending but don't expand on it enough. It's like they don't have the time to show you the ending or describe it by the time the ending rolls around so it's a very short scene. I wish I could get more expanded happy endings.

• Love 2

I saw this linked on Twitter a little while ago, and when I found out it was from February, I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it before. Instead of working, I just want to spend all day perusing her Instagram.

• Love 8

What drama is going on in the fic world? I have been trying to snoop on Twitter and it's only made me more confused.

A few fic writers in fandom are very cross about something and I can't find the original tweet or what was said about fanfic that has upset everyone. Can someone enlighten me because I am nosey?

• Love 1
Just now, jaye.elle said:

Pretty sure it's about the 'unpopular opinion' tweet on twitter, which was asking to give their opinion on how they feel about olicity fanfictions (i.e. unpopular opinion that someone doesn't like felicity/tommy/oliver).

Ahh ok but what was said that made everyone mad do you know?

1 minute ago, jaye.elle said:

I think(?) people didn't like other people's opinions? Your standard people-not-respecting-other-people's-rights-to-an-opinion vs people-right-to-free-speech debate

ahh ok some kerfuffle as such! Thank you for the goss! 

I should stop spying and start writing! Me brain has gotten even dumber over the last fortnight! 

I don't get why people are so upset. A lot of the tweets I saw were very general, it wasn't like specific writers were getting called out. It's like the stuff we post here: not a fan of weird nicknames (especially for Felicity, like Lis), not a fan of Smoaking Billionaires, etc. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, BrownMason said:

Guys, i stop watching Arrow on 3 season. Should i watch it? I dont know, stop cos fell boring a bit..

It depends if you love the characters a lot, then I'd say give it a chance and if you dont like it just drop it.

• Love 1

Ugh that finale has really done a number on me! 

I was telling Hub's about my inability to finish my story due to the bad feelings around 623 and his very unsympathetic response was: Just remember you are more Jessica Huang than tortured artist! Sit down and write or your brain will start to wither. 

I need to get my mojo back *wails*

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/1/2018 at 9:51 PM, statsgirl said:

Another Felicity and William coping with Oliver's decisin, After the Fall by ss9512.  I like the balance of fear, anger at Oliver and love for him.

I finally got around to reading this, and it was so good. It brought back all the anger I felt at Oliver after the finale, but that was mostly because it did a great job of depicting what I think Felicity and William should be feeling while Oliver's in prison. I'm conflicted because I don't want a long, drawn-out period of tension between the three of them when they're reunited, but at the same time, I'm going to feel terribly cheated if the writers sweep Oliver's actions under the rug and don't deal with the emotional fallout for Felicity and William. They love Oliver immensely, but they have every right to feel hurt and betrayed by him, because*

like William says in the story, Oliver didn't have to go to prison, he chose to. And although I can appreciate his heroic, self-sacrificing, protective reasons for that, he completely upended Felicity and William's lives without giving them a say in the matter or even a head's up so they could prepare themselves for what was going to happen. Regardless of what he says or does to try to make it up to them, how can they trust him not to pull the  rug out from under them again the next time he feels like its the right thing to do?

*very mild spoiler based on something William says in the story. I don't think it will actually spoil anything, but I'd rather tag than not tag.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 6

Anyone read any nice fluffy AUs lately? I have S7 prediction fic fatigue! I just want a well written, non taxing AU.

Have read everything by somewhereelse (I subscribe to her) so anything by anyone else would be great! 

On another note that was an Oliver/Barry fic tagged with Olicity and a Ray/Oliver fic that had some really eyebrow raising tags also listed under Olicity!!!!! 

thatmasquedgirl posted a new fic in the Monsters in the Mirror series, Breakfast at Nicole's. I always have to refresh my memory since the fics in this series aren't in chronological order, but IDC, because I love the series so much. However, the UST is killing me. Oliver and Felicity are so stupidly in love with each other and so in denial about the others' feelings. I need them to finally 'fess up to each other and bang each other for days. Actually, I don't even need them to talk about feelings; I just need them to bang each other for days. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Guys what is the etiquette behind prompts?

I was clicking around and now I REALLY want to write this one:

https://mobile.twitter.com/shani_art/status/902622612580429824

Do I just post and give full credit to the artist or do I message her first?

I don't have Twitter so can someone ask for me if I need to ask? Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hehe too late I wrote it! I figure people will yell at me and I can take it down if anyone gets cross! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Guys what is the etiquette behind prompts?

I was clicking around and now I REALLY want to write this one:

https://mobile.twitter.com/shani_art/status/902622612580429824

Do I just post and give full credit to the artist or do I message her first?

I don't have Twitter so can someone ask for me if I need to ask? Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hehe too late I wrote it! I figure people will yell at me and I can take it down if anyone gets cross! 

I don't think you need to give the artist a heads-up before writing it but I'm sure she'd be flattered if you let her know her art inspired you to write a fic and of course include a link to it from the fic.

• Love 2

Guys!!!!! 

I need help!

What would be a good career for a reformed "Ollie" who is basically an Oliver now minus all the angst, island and torture? So he no longer has his family or money or the family company. He also needs a job/business that can be easily moveable/re-established between states as he will be relocating at some point.

I am thinking gardener? Landscaper? Do your gardeners make a lot of money in the States? Ours makes heaps of money so I thought it might be a good choice for Oliver especially since he is cute and will get lots of clients. 

Or tradie? I always feel like Felicity would be handier than him though. 

Gardeners don't make a lot of money here unless they're in landscape design but I guess like tradesman they do okay.

In a lot of fic he runs a gym or is a trainer in a gym Diggle runs or works for Diggle's security agency.

I can't see Oliver as a trader, with the 4 colleges he dropped out of because nothing inspired him.

Youth worker?

With his physical abilities and management skills, I'd love to see him run a foundation that teaches sports to kids from the Glades to help with their self-esteem and schooling  but that's Show Oliver.

• Love 1

No fighting skills or abilities so can't do security.

I think it's down to tradie or gardener! Maybe the handyman variation of a tradie since he's not qualified to be an electrician or plumber.

Haha funny how I'm so fixated on this being realistic given the circumstances of the actual story ?

Thanks guys!!!! You guys are the best! It's down to caterer and the iron works/jewelry maker now! (He can have an Etsy store for the jewelry plus he can bring the business with him when he moves town).

We'll see what takes hold when I write! 

• Love 1