Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

A few Olicity fanfic recommendations

Flashback by RubyCaspar - Oliver/Felicity, time travel, Barry, Laurel/Felicity friendship, an awesome and amusing story on AO3

Love Potion Number 9 by LouBlue - has been recommended before, fantastic and funny dialogue, almost complete on FF.net

All in a Day's Work by SandraDeee - Slow updates but a great story on FF.net. The author has begun a new one based on the premise of 'Being Erica'

My favourite of the Smoaking Billionaires tales is You Owe Me by bluesuedeshoes on AO3. In fact all of her stories are great.

Other favourite authors on AO3 include ihatepeas, thatmasquedgirl, dettiot, bri617, oyhumbug, weonlyliveonce, NocturnalRites, Ciara2531, Lademonessa and remerkaba (morcades)

Love Potion Number 9 by LouBlue - has been recommended before, fantastic and funny dialogue, almost complete on FF.net

I've been faithful to this one and it's nearly complete.  Crazy stuff but it also has some of the funniest banter I've read in any fanfic for the show.  The Diggle-Roy-Bunny scenes are actually my favorites. 

The show writers could learn a lot from many of the fan fic authors. 

I wish for that kind of Diggle and Roy scenes on the show. Oh boy, I always laugh out hard at the Roy and Diggle banter whether it is just between them or with Bunny. Bunny was awesome in that one scene with Thea.

• Love 1

Great vid

If anyone is looking for some funny Olicity Fics I really like OyHumbug's Devil series…I really wish she would add another chapter and reach the *ahem* climax of the story.

1. The Devil is in the Details

2. Clever as the Devil and Twice as Pretty

3. Give the Devil His Due

Her all her stories are great including an AU where Tommy rapes Felicity just before dying in the Undertaking, was wary at first but was a great fic.

• Love 2

All in a Day's Work by SandraDeee - Slow updates but a great story on FF.net. The author has begun a new one based on the premise of 'Being Erica'

Oh! I loved Being Erica! it was such a wonderful show, had a very unique premise and an all around well acted cast! it was a great viewing rock for me during my first tri of college. and may be the reason for one or more late night paper writing because i spend my time watching this show instead of writing them :-P

Oh! I loved Being Erica! it was such a wonderful show, had a very unique premise and an all around well acted cast!

Me too! There was some talk of American and British remakes, but those did not pan out, I guess.

The fic starts out angsty, but becomes promising toward the end. Certainly indicating more entertainment than the show is right now.

• Love 1

Me too! There was some talk of American and British remakes, but those did not pan out, I guess.

The fic starts out angsty, but becomes promising toward the end. Certainly indicating more entertainment than the show is right now.

Yep! it's well written too. I hope she'll update And finish the story. it has major promise.

I love mean girls + Arrow mashups! This one is SO funny (Felicity = Karen, Laurel = Gretchen, and Diggle = Regina :p)

tumblr_nej8tsRbIo1u016aeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nej8tsRbIo1u016aeo2_500.jpg

tumblr_nej8tsRbIo1u016aeo3_500.jpg

tumblr_nej8tsRbIo1u016aeo4_500.jpg

tumblr_nej8tsRbIo1u016aeo5_500.jpg

tumblr_nej8tsRbIo1u016aeo6_500.jpg

tumblr_nej8tsRbIo1u016aeo7_500.jpg

I laughed out loud and I am in a bus ... looking at my phone. This is hilarious.

• Love 1

In the past 10 days, I raced through 'Still Waters and Quiet Men,' a gloriously long and well-written Felicity-centric story second to none in entertainment value, and I am regretting it, because now I'll have to wait patiently for updates.

The minor consolation is that I can drown my sorrow in the shows that were piling up.

In the past 10 days, I raced through 'Still Waters and Quiet Men,' a gloriously long and well-written Felicity-centric story second to none in entertainment value, and I am regretting it, because now I'll have to wait patiently for updates.

The minor consolation is that I can drown my sorrow in the shows that were piling up.

I've been slowly going through it. Bruce bugs the hell out of me, I mean I know he's like that in the comics a very control freak whatever person but.. he's written in a very unlikeable way in the story. Also the macho fights he and Oliver have over Felicity is hindering my enjoyment, as well as her history with him. I won't spoil to anyone but.. yea it's been sitting open on the same chapter for ohhh, a month now I think.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

I've been slowly going through it. Bruce bugs the hell out of me, I mean I know he's like that in the comics a very control freak whatever person but.. he's written in a very unlikeable way in the story. Also the macho fights he and Oliver have over Felicity is hindering my enjoyment, as well as her history with him. I won't spoil to anyone but.. yea it's been sitting open on the same chapter for ohhh, a month now I think.

Which chapter are you on?

I just skimmed through the repetitive conversations and fights and the descriptions of the clothes, brands and whatnot, but I love the author's sense of humour and am amazed by the research she has done. All I'll say is that Felicity really comes into her own in the last few chapters and Bruce does adapt.

It is annoying when the guys pull the strong man, weak woman nonsense, but that is the journey.

Which chapter are you on?

I just skimmed through the repetitive conversations and fights and the descriptions of the clothes, brands and whatnot, but I love the author's sense of humour and am amazed by the research she has done. All I'll say is that Felicity really comes into her own in the last few chapters and Bruce does adapt.

It is annoying when the guys pull the strong man, weak woman nonsense, but that is the journey.

mid chapter 23... yea, i'm probably gonna abandon it- we'll see. honestly I am almost certain she is going the BrucexFelicity romantic route, and with the way Bruce is written I really have no desire for that relationship to happen, i'm kind of turned off by it because, as i said, i see bruce as a controlling SoB, his behavior reminds me of the kind of men who end up being the abusive kind. :-/

mid chapter 23... yea, i'm probably gonna abandon it- we'll see. honestly I am almost certain she is going the BrucexFelicity romantic route, and with the way Bruce is written I really have no desire for that relationship to happen, i'm kind of turned off by it because, as i said, i see bruce as a controlling SoB, his behavior reminds me of the kind of men who end up being the abusive kind. :-/

Yeah, I regret reading as much of this story as I did - Bruce is one of the worst characters I've ever come across and Oliver's not much better.  The abusive, unhealthy relationships are extremely off-putting, on top of which the writer turned Felicity into a wildly out of character Mary-Sue, which annoyed the crap out of me (though I suppose it's actually better that way, because, names aside, this story didn't in any way resemble anything from the show).

• Love 2

the writer turned Felicity into a wildly out of character Mary-Sue, which annoyed the crap out of me (though I suppose it's actually better that way, because, names aside, this story didn't in any way resemble anything from the show).

The characters are definitely acting OOC, and almost everybody loves/likes Felicity, which can get old, but that happens on the show also, so I gave that aspect a pass. I ,too, like Felicity.

If I were the kind of person who feels these things strongly enough, I would question the fact that her family and friends, who love her and are protective of her, did not visit her at all while she was in Starling City.

In any case, I like the overall story and am looking forward to the direction it is taking now. (BOP and more)

I gave up on this fic around chapter 15 so you stuck it out longer than I. Whilst I am fine with Brulicity or Bruce/Felicity in general, in this fic  I could not relate to his character. Yes, I know Bruce is a controlling SoB with issues but he is not this dire to me in my experience of the character. 

Of particular issue  for me was just how far out of character Felicity was portrayed; to an extent where I could no longer root for nor like her. Her tearful family history from 2.13 which, in addition to the cocktail waitress comment, was all we had in canon to that point, seemed to play with Oliver given the backstory created

because not only has she a loving adopted father but also siblings you have her being close to yet never referred to and an entire network of friends that she blew off because of Bruce

The final note for me was when the author described Felicity in her reply to my comment as "She can be highly manipulative, she has secrets, her hands are no longer as clean as they once were." Felicity is growing and evolving on screen but I hope I never see a version of her that is "highly manipulative". 

JMHO.

• Love 2

I like Poetgirl925's take on Oliver and Felicity, especially in Blackout and Dating Philosophy 101.

Curse the fickle nature of the muse, preventing favourite writers from finishing WIPs in one's fandom.

• Love 1

I gave up on this fic around chapter 15 so you stuck it out longer than I. Whilst I am fine with Brulicity or Bruce/Felicity in general, in this fic  I could not relate to his character. Yes, I know Bruce is a controlling SoB with issues but he is not this dire to me in my experience of the character. 

Of particular issue  for me was just how far out of character Felicity was portrayed; to an extent where I could no longer root for nor like her. Her tearful family history from 2.13 which, in addition to the cocktail waitress comment, was all we had in canon to that point, seemed to play with Oliver given the backstory created

because not only has she a loving adopted father but also siblings you have her being close to yet never referred to and an entire network of friends that she blew off because of Bruce

The final note for me was when the author described Felicity in her reply to my comment as "She can be highly manipulative, she has secrets, her hands are no longer as clean as they once were." Felicity is growing and evolving on screen but I hope I never see a version of her that is "highly manipulative". 

JMHO.

see I don't have an problem with writers taking some liberty- on AU stories only!- and playing with the characters character a bit, as a fanfic writer myself I get it. curse the muse. but it still needs to stay within a reasonable narrative.

now as I said my personal issue wasn't Felicity par say, but the behavior of Bruce towards her, and her allowing it to a degree. I have an issue with men trying to boss women around in a high and mighty sort of way.

Usually I avoid AU fics like the plague but in this fandom, there are quite a few that I enjoy.

I think the key to an AU fic is to keep the characters 'in character' even while putting them in different situations.  I'm impressed at how many writers in the Arrow fandom can do that.

One person who does it very well is thatmasquegirl who has a whole series At First Sight of alternate meetings for Oliver and Felicity.  Some, like City of the Damned, make me wish I was watching that show instead.

• Love 2

Before joining the Arrow fandom, I hated AUs. I just couldn't read them. But wow does the Arrow fandom have a lot of talented writers with a ton of Arrow aus. If you're ever want to find some, check the "1001 Arrow aus" tag on tumblr. One that I am currently enjoying right now is "The Firebird" which is a Hunger Games au. So far it's great and the writers said that they have a plan for every character. 

There's also this post  which links you to a ton of aus (mainly Olicity fics fair warning). 

That 'Still waters and quiet men' fic is probably the most OOC Arrow fic I've read. I've not read that many to be fair but it was basically all new characters with Arrow names stuck on them. The author is a good writer but I don't really recognize any of the characters and I wouldn't read it if you're an Olicity fan. Each to their own I suppose.

I'm currently enjoying a fic called Break by eyrk and Without a Net by Morningsong is soothing my 'I hate Ray' heart. 

Oh and Handprints and Good Grips by MachaSWicket has a really strong Felicity voice. 

I wish i could recommend any fics, but i read and subscribe to so many fics (literally i usually get at least two updates per day from both AO3 and FF.net... I love fanfics, have been an avid reader since 2000-ish when i discovered it by pure accident, hack i didn't even had a computer than (long story). I was always against AU's too- for the most part.. until the Torchwood fandom a year or so ago! really you can't read Torchwood fics and not be into AU's because.. Ianto Jones, nuff said. and yes the Arrow fandom fanfic writers have an amazing ability when it comes to AU's.

I wish i could recommend any fics, but i read and subscribe to so many fics (literally i usually get at least two updates per day from both AO3 and FF.net... I love fanfics, have been an avid reader since 2000-ish when i discovered it by pure accident, hack i didn't even had a computer than (long story). I was always against AU's too- for the most part.. until the Torchwood fandom a year or so ago! really you can't read Torchwood fics and not be into AU's because.. Ianto Jones, nuff said. and yes the Arrow fandom fanfic writers have an amazing ability when it comes to AU's.

Ianto!  I love that there's a whole Torchwood genre created around ignoring or rewriting Children of Earth.  If Arrow pulls a Ianto Jones with Felicity, I think the internet will implode.  I'm still not over Ianto.

I am really enjoying Future Days which involves Felicity adjusting to her life after an accident leaves her with no memory of several years.

• Love 2

Ianto!  I love that there's a whole Torchwood genre created around ignoring or rewriting Children of Earth.  

That's not even a Genre! that's literally the entirety of the Torchwood fandom (in and out of the fanfic sub-world), okay 98% of it- I know a couple of people who are totally okay with Ianto dying, I get their reasoning, it makes sense (I heard Barrowman talking about it too)... but.. Ianto!

and Yes.. I have no doubt that the outrage over Sara's death would look like a child tantrum should the EP's ever go the Ianto Jones route with Felicity

• Love 1