Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

Can we not use the term "spirit animals" please? Maybe use patronus instead? A spirit animal, and finding out what yours is, is sacred and I find it uncomfortable to talk about what each character's could be. There's a good tumblr post about it here

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HighHopes said:

Can we not use the term "spirit animals" please? Maybe use patronus instead? A spirit animal, and finding out what yours is, is sacred and I find it uncomfortable to talk about what each character's could be. There's a good tumblr post about it here

Ah I didn't know about this. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Ah I didn't know about this. 

It's okay! It's not something that is really taught so it's hard to judge someone too much for not knowing! I didn't mean to come across rude if I did.

This video is short but cute (described as "FLSH-B8 and ARO-D2 on the Death S.T.A.R. Labs")...

May The Speed Force Be With You
Published on Jun 23, 2016, by Dave Jones

• Love 6
On 6/24/2016 at 11:19 AM, HighHopes said:

Sorry, didn't realize that. Didn't mean to be offensive.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm reading The Bunker UST which is a post S4 'we're not back together but still love each other so let's have sex' fic. Haha. And the latest chapter has a conversation between O/F that I would have loved to have seen on the show. Felicity lays out all of her issues and it's everything that annoyed me about the baby mama garbage and fallout and was pretty satisfying to read. Check it out! :)

Edited by Guest

I maintain that one of the greatest fics in this fandom is The Ways of the Universe by CyberQueens. She finally updated it after a WHOLE YEAR! But re-reading it again was just amazing. You guys should read it if you have the chance! It's not done yet and it's quite long but it's so worth the read :)

Warning chapter 24 ends in a cliffhanger so you should definitely wait till she posts chapter 25 to read chapter 24!

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1001133/chapters/1982665

7 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I maintain that one of the greatest fics in this fandom is The Ways of the Universe by CyberQueens. She finally updated it after a WHOLE YEAR! But re-reading it again was just amazing. You guys should read it if you have the chance! It's not done yet and it's quite long but it's so worth the read :)

Warning chapter 24 ends in a cliffhanger so you should definitely wait till she posts chapter 25 to read chapter 24!

omg I just realized I know you on twitter, I'm an idiot cause I didn't realize or forgot. LOL!

1 minute ago, Thundercatmary said:

omg I just realized I know you on twitter, I'm an idiot cause I didn't realize or forgot. LOL!

lol! Well I have a different handle on twitter so I get it :p

(edited)
55 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I have to disagree.. I read that chapter- maybe the long had an impact.., and while i agree is it a good story it is not "one the greatest fics in this fandom"

Also has anyone notice the increase in laurel/Oliver fics recently on AO3 and fanfic.net? seriously her death has done that pairing a whole world of good.. though they are written by the same 4/5 writers I think. But still i've seen more fics from that pairing in the past month than I have this past two years!!

Edited by foreverevolving
Just now, foreverevolving said:

I have to disagree.. I read that chapter- maybe the long had an impact.., and while i agree is it a good story it is not "one the greatest fics in this fandom" it's like a degree or two below it.

It's all perspective :p

I re-read the whole fic today and I have to say I really liked the pacing and characterization. I like how she portrays Oliver/Felicity and Diggle. While the plot isn't really the strongest, it's the emotional connection that makes this fic great for me :) 

Now I'm curious, what do you thinka re the best fics in the fandom? :)

(edited)
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

It's all perspective :p

I re-read the whole fic today and I have to say I really liked the pacing and characterization. I like how she portrays Oliver/Felicity and Diggle. While the plot isn't really the strongest, it's the emotional connection that makes this fic great for me :) 

Now I'm curious, what do you thinka re the best fics in the fandom? :)

I love What Happened in Vegas. Adore Somewhere Out There, which is maybe abandoned, but I'm okay with that because I'm sure she stays there and they live happily ever after. Anything by Macha (except her Speed fic...it was a near scene-by-scene retelling, which seems unnecessary). Macha is kind of unbelievably talented in both plotting and characterization. Frea_O is really fun. Actions Speak Louder Than Words is very well-plotted and characterized (my only issue with the author is an IMO unfortunate tendency to bring in Malcolm, who I legit loathe, and not in a fun way). I like The Predator, even though it's OOC and I can't quite figure out why I like it so much. Lipstick on my Collar. Sins is hot, too bad it's pretty much abandoned. Ain't it Fun. Lithe Tongue is crazyinsane hot. PuzzledHats' stuff. Hideaways. Between the Shadow and the Soul, by our own apinknightmare (she has lots of other good stuff). A few Felicity/Bruce Wayne stories are great, especially the one by our own Calliope, Heart of a Girl. PS I Hate You (similarly Motorcycle Man is also fun). What Happens in Vegas (note, these Vegas fics are different). Most of JSevick's stuff. I like a lot of sarcastic_fina's stuff. Though the Heavens Fall. 

Basically, I just go to AO3, sort by kudos, and read away. Like 60% is totally readable, and 25% is genuinely great. As in better than the show. I would really, seriously, sincerely, pay money for Macha to be hired by the show. Her one fic (kind of a bottle fic) in which Felicity is stabbed and talking to the team through her comm while they try to find her both upsets and amazes me. 

Our own arjumand also has several excellent fics, but I cannot remember her AO3 name right now. I am on my third glass of wine, so I feel like I have a good excuse. She tackled the S4 flashbacks and made them tolerable. THE S4 FLASHBACKS.

LISBEI! I just remembered!

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 5

I'm nearly positive that all my favorites have been pulled from this thread.

Gotta second the Macha recommendation. If they could use her fic for an actual tech-upgrade remake of Speed, I'd see it in theater

I love the Long Way Down series by Abbie, in which Tommy comes back from the dead.

13 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

I love What Happened in Vegas. Adore Somewhere Out There, which is maybe abandoned, but I'm okay with that because I'm sure she stays there and they live happily ever after. Anything by Macha (except her Speed fic...it was a near scene-by-scene retelling, which seems unnecessary). Macha is kind of unbelievably talented in both plotting and characterization. Frea_O is really fun. Actions Speak Louder Than Words is very well-plotted and characterized (my only issue with the author is an IMO unfortunate tendency to bring in Malcolm, who I legit loathe, and not in a fun way). I like The Predator, even though it's OOC and I can't quite figure out why I like it so much. Lipstick on my Collar. Sins is hot, too bad it's pretty much abandoned. Ain't it Fun. Lithe Tongue is crazyinsane hot. PuzzledHats' stuff. Hideaways. Between the Shadow and the Soul, by our own apinknightmare (she has lots of other good stuff). A few Felicity/Bruce Wayne stories are great, especially the one by our own Calliope, Heart of a Girl. PS I Hate You (similarly Motorcycle Man is also fun). What Happens in Vegas (note, these Vegas fics are different). Most of JSevick's stuff. I like a lot of sarcastic_fina's stuff. Though the Heavens Fall. 

Basically, I just go to AO3, sort by kudos, and read away. Like 60% is totally readable, and 25% is genuinely great. As in better than the show. I would really, seriously, sincerely, pay money for Macha to be hired by the show. Her one fic (kind of a bottle fic) in which Felicity is stabbed and talking to the team through her comm while they try to find her both upsets and amazes me. 

Our own arjumand also has several excellent fics, but I cannot remember her AO3 name right now. I am on my third glass of wine, so I feel like I have a good excuse. She tackled the S4 flashbacks and made them tolerable. THE S4 FLASHBACKS.

LISBEI! I just remembered!

Hey you! Thanks for the rec!

I finished Lost in Purgatory, finally (that last chapter almost drove me insane). Man, the show pissed me off this season re. flashbacks - I spent ages wondering about the tattoo Constantine gave him, what does it meaaaaaaaan, will it be too different when I come up with my own take on it and so on. Turns out, on the show it means nothing at all. It glows. Whooo.

Now that the season is over I can finally continue an AU Season 4 fic I started though I've kinda been seduced by another show, recently (mumblemumbleWinteriscomingheremumble). Still, I have plans for the story, so it's not going to be abandoned! (There - now that I've said it, it must be true!)

Macha is so amazing, and seems to pull everything out of her hat so effortlessly, but she must really work hard on it - her work is so well-characterized - I'm reading the unbearable hotness of being right now, and it's hilarious in a way that's not OOC at all.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, arjumand said:

Macha is so amazing, and seems to pull everything out of her hat so effortlessly, but she must really work hard on it - her work is so well-characterized - I'm reading the unbearable hotness of being right now, and it's hilarious in a way that's not OOC at all.

I enjoy Mascha, too. Her characters sometimes only bear a slight resemblance to the Arrow characters but her fics are almost always entertaining, which is really all I ask for from fics and the show itself. Enjoying "Unbearable hotness" even though I think it's a bit OOC. Felicity is never quite that manic :P

• Love 1

Felicity isn't that manic on the show unless she's overtired and overstressed, no. However, I feel Macha manages to keep some essence of the characters which resonates with me. Not many, if any other writer that I've come across in this fandom manages to do it like she does. And while the fic on the whole is a slapstick comedy, Macha manages to draw on some deeper notes. There is one chapter in particular that surprised me tonally, but intrigued me at the same time.

• Love 1
(edited)

I've been reading this drabble series called Time For a Story in AO3. It's long and most of the series is really one connected story, not so much drabbles.  I actually like the story quite a bit.  Anyway in the story Olicity are married with kids when Oliver finds out about William.  Samantha puts the same stipulation as the show which Oliver ignores and tells Felicity  (yay, Smart Oliver). However, the chapters have continued. Fiest Samantha wouldn't let Oliver tell Felicity,  then she wouldn't let William meet any of Oliver's family.  So every other weekend Oliver had to leave his family to go to CC to meet William.  Then she finally agreed to let William meet his siblings but not Felicity.  So for months, Oliver is either leaving his family to go visit William or taking his children from their Mother to go meet William.  Meanwhile Samantha gets to me Felicity's kids but Felicity can't meet her stepson. Felicity also, apparently can't even be allowed to travel with them to CC.

I don't understand why people keep falling for the show's bullshit that Samantha's demand was right and that Samantha was a good person and no one ever throws her actions in her face?

Samantha knowingly slept with her friend's boyfriend. 

Samantha took money to lie to Oliver. It doesn't matter if the show tries to pretend she didn't cash the checks. She took money from Moira and LIED to Oliver

She doesn't get to take the moral high ground. 

Sorry, just needed to vent because while the author acknowledges Samantha's actions she has a plan for her story which involves painting Samantha as a good but, scared mother trying to protect her son.  Which means, nothing will change and i really like the story, I just hate it when she does chapters about Samantha 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5
(edited)

It was. The plot moved along, and some things went "boom"- like literally boom, something exploded in a way that better have some impact on the storyline from now on.

However, for those of you who hate Malcolm, he does show up- for like a short part, but in a pretty major way which will probably enrage those of you who hate him. I didn't mind, I like Malcolm.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I've been reading this drabble series called Time For a Story in AO3. It's long and most of the series is really one connected story, not so much drabbles. 

Isn't this one like 121 chapters? Is it really that good? I get very distractable with drabble stories because I want the characters consistent from ch to ch and often that does not happen in drabble fics. I also don't want 121 chapters of one plot line or arc. I was thinking of starting it, but it seemed so monumentally challenging & exhausting to make it through 121 chapters. Do you recommend it?

23 minutes ago, kismet said:

Isn't this one like 121 chapters? Is it really that good? I get very distractable with drabble stories because I want the characters consistent from ch to ch and often that does not happen in drabble fics. I also don't want 121 chapters of one plot line or arc. I was thinking of starting it, but it seemed so monumentally challenging & exhausting to make it through 121 chapters. Do you recommend it?

I definitely recommend it. It is a bunch of drabbles, but they are all happening chronologically one after another with varying connections to each other, with some of the chapters connected more than others when the drabbles follow an arc of sorts. There's no one single plot line or arc, but the general story is about Oliver and Felicity going through marriage and kids and the drama/love that goes with it. I enjoy certain chapters more than others, but overall I really like it because of the dynamic that Oliver and Felicity have in it.  

I didn't want to read it either originally because of its large size and the drabble format, but I got caught reading one of the arcs (which I was still able to get through pretty easily without even having to have read the older chapters) and wanted to see what happened before/after it because I wanted to see more interactions between married Olicity and their kids and was pleasantly entertained with many of the chapters. The characters are pretty consistent throughout, and I actually think that this is actually not that exhausting to read (or at least not to me, since I actually enjoyed most of the chapters) because of the drabble format lending itself to stopping it and picking it up easily.

Pretty much what @way2interested said.  They are drabbles so youyou can skip chapters and not get lost. However,  unlike other drabbles these are set in the same continuous universe.   Some chapters are stand alone, others are very connected to the previous chapter(s). 

5 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I've been reading this drabble series called Time For a Story in AO3. It's long and most of the series is really one connected story, not so much drabbles.  I actually like the story quite a bit.  Anyway in the story Olicity are married with kids when Oliver finds out about William.  Samantha puts the same stipulation as the show which Oliver ignores and tells Felicity  (yay, Smart Oliver). However, the chapters have continued. Fiest Samantha wouldn't let Oliver tell Felicity,  then she wouldn't let William meet any of Oliver's family.  So every other weekend Oliver had to leave his family to go to CC to meet William.  Then she finally agreed to let William meet his siblings but not Felicity.  So for months, Oliver is either leaving his family to go visit William or taking his children from their Mother to go meet William.  Meanwhile Samantha gets to me Felicity's kids but Felicity can't meet her stepson. Felicity also, apparently can't even be allowed to travel with them to CC.

I don't understand why people keep falling for the show's bullshit that Samantha's demand was right and that Samantha was a good person and no one ever throws her actions in her face?

Samantha knowingly slept with her friend's boyfriend. 

Samantha took money to lie to Oliver. It doesn't matter if the show tries to pretend she didn't cash the checks. She took money from Moira and LIED to Oliver

She doesn't get to take the moral high ground. 

Sorry, just needed to vent because while the author acknowledges Samantha's actions she has a plan for her story which involves painting Samantha as a good but, scared mother trying to protect her son.  Which means, nothing will change and i really like the story, I just hate it when she does chapters about Samantha 

Glad I quit the story before the Virgin Samantha made her blessed appearance.

Nasty stupid foul lying hag.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Password said:

I will forever and always be bitter about Samantha Clayton. 

Samantha/Baby Drama and Nyssa Marriage are my trigger points with this show. If the actors/producers even mention them I get annoyed. If they show up in FanFic, I usually quit reading. I don't mind Nyssa in a fic but, as soon as she says "husband" I'm out.

My other fanfic pet peeves, are people writing fics set in S3 or S4 that have Oliver back as CEO and Felicity as his EA. Felicity pining for Oliver while he's being wishy washy over Laurel or Felicty and, basically anything that has Laurel as a giod person/team member, becoming BC (yeah, these are really hard to avoid). Oh and any fic that (for some reason) decides to pretend Laurel didn't die in 418.

• Love 3
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oh and any fic that (for some reason) decides to pretend Laurel didn't die in 418.

Why take away one of the three good things the shows has ever done? Why?? 

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2

I mostly don't even see Laurel and Baby Mama in fics because I go into the search within results option on AO3 and filter them out. Okay, it doesn't work 100%, but it catches a lot of their presence. My current filter is -laurel -samantha -william, English language, complete only. It reduces the number of O/F fics from 7705 to 4978, so it IS filtering out a crap ton of stuff.

• Love 1

Maybe i should try that. Normally i just go to the Olicity tag and start reading descriptions. If i see things like rape or major character death, or if the description sounds like iffy, i skip the fic.

Honestly, it's hard to find good Olicity fic, IMO. 

Sometimes I go way far back in the tag to find the good stuff. Olicity has a handful of really good writers that still post periodically but they use to have so many more.

A massive downside to the quality falling and Olicity angst of S3. 

• Love 3

My main way I search for "good" fics is I go into the bookmarks of the writers I enjoy and see what they're reading. Or I'll roam the delicious/pinboard accounts of trusted friends and see what they're bookmarking there.

37 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Sometimes I go way far back in the tag to find the good stuff. Olicity has a handful of really good writers that still post periodically but they use to have so many more.

A massive downside to the quality falling and Olicity angst of S3. 

I actually blame the BMD for the drop in quality fic and writers. Season 3 was bad, but it inspired a lot of fix-it fics, and lots of authors were intrigued by Oliver's involvement with the LOA. The BMD was a terrible plot point that no one wanted to read or write about. I noticed a lot of writers, ones that have been around a while and new, promising ones, bail after 408.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, looptab said:

Why take away one of the three good things the shows has ever done? Why?? 

I'll answer that!

The thing is, it's really easy when you're writing an AU and you decide that in your version of season 1, Oliver realised long ago that there's no chance with Laurel anymore, so she doesn't have great importance in the story, or she's moved to Central City or something.

But the moment you kill her off, the story becomes about her, and not about Oliver and Felicity. In my Season 4 AU which is kinda stalled but not really (my ideas are in place, but I just have to get off my ass and stop watching Jon Snow fanvids) the main impetus is about Darhk attacking Felicity, and Felicity only.

I don't want anyone to be distracted by oh no, Laurel's dead, whatever shall we doooo? You know, that old saying of not speaking ill of the dead was taken to huge extremes after Laurel, and in between sniggering about all the wonderful things she's supposed to have done and said, we missed that all of a sudden, it was all about Laurel. It got so bad that I actually read an article about FRIDGING in relation to Laurel (it was the last article I read on themarysue, I can tell you that). Seriously? Laurel wasn't fridged! But that's how badly her death warped the narrative, and, just speaking for myself here, I don't want that to happen in my story.

I want my characters to stay fixed on target, not be distracted by Laurel is dead! Funeral for Laurel! Eulogy and being outed (and all her cases are overturned, thanks Oliver) for Laurel! Grieving for Laurel!

At least the horrible Samantha and her useless brat left, never to be seen again (am praying to the old gods and the new, here). Laurel died. And it might have been (or almost certainly was) a great impetus for celebration around these parts, but on the show the characters were devastated. And I really do not want to spend thousands of words on their grief and desire for vengeance.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

I mostly don't even see Laurel and Baby Mama in fics because I go into the search within results option on AO3 and filter them out. Okay, it doesn't work 100%, but it catches a lot of their presence. My current filter is -laurel -samantha -william, English language, complete only. It reduces the number of O/F fics from 7705 to 4978, so it IS filtering out a crap ton of stuff.

How do you filter stuff out? I know how to use search to find tags I want to look for. But I haven't see the ability to filter out stuff?

As for the BMD in fanfic, I have not encountered a problem with it. I never had a problem with BM & kid being in existence. I had MAJOR issues with how the writers f*cked it up and wrote it in the worst possible way (aka BMD). I also thought the show's characterization of BM was horrible from the beginning. And then when they dug their heels in the ground it only magnified how much I hated what they did with the story.

However, in the fanfics I read that have BM & kid, they often are "fix-its" so it works so much better. They have the kid around, but they also have O/F together and dealing with it. Or sometimes the BM is dead so that works as well. I like OQ as a father, so the kid's existence doesn't bother me. But the BMD is a bullshit trigger point for me.

The ridiculousness that is the Nyssa/Oliver marriage has never come up in any of the fanfic I read. Which is perfectly fine with me. It was dumb on the show, I cannot find any good reason to bring it fwd into fanfic world. I prefer when fanfic writers leave the dumb to the show and just focus on the good parts of Arrow.

As for LL, my Mom always said, if you can't say nothing nice - don't say anything at all. This old expression is most likely why I never see a lot or any of LL in my fanfics because the authors do the polite thing and avoid her existence. And when she is there she is in the background. Although, I must admit that given the recent retcon on the show regarding TM/LL - I'm having a hard time with fics that have them in a happy relationship, because Tommy deserves better.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, kismet said:

As for the BMD in fanfic, I have not encountered a problem with it. I never had a problem with BM & kid being in existence. I had MAJOR issues with how the writers f*cked it up and wrote it in the worst possible way (aka BMD). I also thought the show's characterization of BM was horrible from the beginning. And then when they dug their heels in the ground it only magnified how much I hated what they did with the story.

However, in the fanfics I read that have BM & kid, they often are "fix-its" so it works so much better. They have the kid around, but they also have O/F together and dealing with it. Or sometimes the BM is dead so that works as well. I like OQ as a father, so the kid's existence doesn't bother me. But the BMD is a bullshit trigger point for me.

The ridiculousness that is the Nyssa/Oliver marriage has never come up in any of the fanfic I read. Which is perfectly fine with me. It was dumb on the show, I cannot find any good reason to bring it fwd into fanfic world. I prefer when fanfic writers leave the dumb to the show and just focus on the good parts of Arrow.

As for LL, my Mom always said, if you can't say nothing nice - don't say anything at all. This old expression is most likely why I never see a lot or any of LL in my fanfics because the authors do the polite thing and avoid her existence. And when she is there she is in the background. Although, I must admit that given the recent retcon on the show regarding TM/LL - I'm having a hard time with fics that have them in a happy relationship, because Tommy deserves better.

I wanna cry with how beautifully you described my own reasonings regarding some fics.

• Love 1
On Monday, July 04, 2016 at 9:00 AM, bijoux said:

Felicity isn't that manic on the show unless she's overtired and overstressed, no. However, I feel Macha manages to keep some essence of the characters which resonates with me. Not many, if any other writer that I've come across in this fandom manages to do it like she does.

The way different authors write Felicity (and other characters too, sure, but mostly her since I'm here for Felicity & Friends) is so fascinating to me. She's a Mary Sue, a Manic Pixie Dream Girl, a Plain Jane, an Everywoman, a Virgin, a Sex Goddess, a Magical Genius, and sometimes she's an absolute idiot (those are usually the fics in which she calls herself a genius multiple times). Sometimes she's a klutz and an airhead, sometimes she's an angel that everybody instantly falls in love with. Sometimes her innuendo dropping is certifiable, sometimes it's cute, sometimes it's humiliating. She's whimsical, she's sharp, she's got a spine of steel, she's made solely of clouds and rainbows. She's so idealized she approaches perfection, she's obviously the author as played by EBR in costume. It's just so interesting to see how people see or use the character, and what it is about her that appeals to the author and the readers who kudo or comment.

(My favorite Felicity is strong, sexual, skilled, confident, and so very courageous in the midst of very human emotions, by the way.)

1 hour ago, kismet said:

I always laugh a bit when fics demonize Laurel. They'll have a whole cast of interesting, well-developed characters, and then Laurel is this paper doll with demon horns. I don't mind the fics that turn her into a sympathetic character, though. Laurel on the show may have been a wreck (I have all kind of crazy theories about dynamics with the actress/writers/producers) but she had some interesting potential, and I don't mind authors who take something decent with her and run with it.

Speaking of character assassinations out of the blue, the actor fic discussed upthread with Arcus the dog has a bizarrely crude and horrible Tommy. He makes more sense now that Cooper-as-abusive-devil-ex is on the scene, but it really threw me for a loop. Most fics ignore the potential for evil or greatness I thought he had on the show and make him a happy-go-lucky puppy dog.

• Love 3
On 4. srpnja 2016. at 8:36 PM, foreverevolving said:

It was. The plot moved along, and some things went "boom"- like literally boom, something exploded in a way that better have some impact on the storyline from now on.

However, for those of you who hate Malcolm, he does show up- for like a short part, but in a pretty major way which will probably enrage those of you who hate him. I didn't mind, I like Malcolm.

I got around to reading it and wow. I'm certainly more bloodthirsty than Lyla and Felicity because I thought the plan was to decapitate Slade or something.

Effing Lance. I hope he drops from that impending heart attack any second now. I didn't catch any mention of other mobile officers getting out. Was ther any? Because it would SUCK if they were left behind while Effing Lance caught a ride.

I don't mind Malcolm like this. He's very clearly a bastard and they're not fighting him simply because they're stretched on too many fronts as is. I didn't catch any of the 'Thea is the fruit of his loins so he must be protected at all costs' vibe, so I'm fine with it.

I don't get how it would be possible for Slade to survive what happened, but I'm convinced he did because I don't see him being beaten 'off screen' so to speak.

(edited)

I hope this doesn't violate the rules but i saw an authors note on an AO3 story talking about "it's sad seeing people taking stories down in this fandom and knowing exactly why they're doing it"

Is there something going on? A mass exodus of fic writers because of S4 or lack of excitement or 

Spoiler

Recent Olicity spoilers?

Edited by Morrigan2575