Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

I have zero ability to make video but I was listening to the "love song" satellite music station and they played an old song from the eighties that I now desperately wish someone would make a video for.

The song is Hands to Heaven by Breathe (huge hit in its day) and it might as well have been written for The Fallen.   Anyone that doesn't know the song.  Go.  Listen. 

Mentions of moonlit rooms, dawn holding no reprieve, needing the sweet caress tonight, saying goodbye, praying to be together someday all wrapped up in a lush moving melody.  It's near perfect.  I could practically see the shots for the different lyrics and musical interludes...except I don't know how to do any of it!! 

Bummed. 

Maybe I will try to make a video of it on the weekend. But someone else will probably do it better. Lol

Great song choice.  You should definitely make a video

• Love 1

I have zero ability to make video but I was listening to the "love song" satellite music station and they played an old song from the eighties that I now desperately wish someone would make a video for.

The song is Hands to Heaven by Breathe (huge hit in its day) and it might as well have been written for The Fallen.   Anyone that doesn't know the song.  Go.  Listen. 

Mentions of moonlit rooms, dawn holding no reprieve, needing the sweet caress tonight, saying goodbye, praying to be together someday all wrapped up in a lush moving melody.  It's near perfect.  I could practically see the shots for the different lyrics and musical interludes...except I don't know how to do any of it!! 

Bummed.

I agree it's a great song! But like you I can't make a video either :(

• Love 2

A head's up to fanfic readers! There's a new fic out based on Adele's song that includes the death of Oliver/Felicity's child. I know that is a problem for some readers here, so I thought I would give a warning as the fic doesn't really warn the reader of it. 

• Love 3

A head's up to fanfic readers! There's a new fic out based on Adele's song that includes the death of Oliver/Felicity's child. I know that is a problem for some readers here, so I thought I would give a warning as the fic doesn't really warn the reader of it.

I think the one you're referring to is "before the world fell at our feet"--I didn't read it, but it mentions being based on that song.

There's another one with the same type of tragedy that isnt tagged, "A Living Nightmare" by flipflops.

• Love 1

I made a new Oliver & Felicity video.

Love it! I seen the name and I was no way is that song and it was . Good Job using an underappreciated IMO Madonna song! I pictured Oliver coming home and catching Felicity listening to this and singing her heart out to this for some reason lol

• Love 2

Love it! I seen the name and I was no way is that song and it was . Good Job using an underappreciated IMO Madonna song! I pictured Oliver coming home and catching Felicity listening to this and singing her heart out to this for some reason lol

Someone needs to give us some fanfic with a scene like that.

New fic on AO3, something like "Is there a name on the gravestone."  Tagged O/F but actually Lauriver (Oliver's at Felicity's grave pretty much saying "Bygones!" that she's dead and bonding with Laurel).  Just FYI.  Dishonest tagging sucks.

• Love 5

New fic on AO3, something like "Is there a name on the gravestone."  Tagged O/F but actually Lauriver (Oliver's at Felicity's grave pretty much saying "Bygones!" that she's dead and bonding with Laurel).  Just FYI.  Dishonest tagging sucks.

The comments are more entertaining than the fic is, haha.

• Love 1

I like that Laurel is pretty much eyeing Oliver up at Felicity's gravestone.  Fic Laurel is ALL CLASS.

Bwahaha!!! That fic even used the freaking bones line: "He became so obsessed with having restraint that she died as a result and it caused him to realize ignoring who he is in his bones is fatal."

HAHAHAHA! The whole thing was so laughably bad!!

• Love 4

I read that fic earlier... read fully until Laurel showed up and I skimmed through the rest of it as I realized where the story was heading and I was: WTFQ!!! misleading tagging! plus: LOL-ROFL to Oliver saying half of that bullshit, and that ending, just no!

Yea, so I reported that story! because: tagging!!!

• Love 2

Oh, it's not nice but I had to make a couple comments on things that just didn't make sense, like the implication that Oliver needed to be a PTSD killer or that he'd work with DD or that it's a good thing Felicity died before all those feelings that had been getting stronger between he and Laurel exploded.  Already they were stronger than they'd ever been before he left on the boat! 

Let's be honest.  Malcolm isn't stupid enough to kill Felicity.  The man is a survivor.  This gets him dead and we already know that Nyssa ruined the LP (and BTW, Laurel has totally learned her lesson on that even if she could use it)  It's a terribly written story on so many more fronts than JUST bashing Olicity. 

• Love 3

Speaking as someone who does not read Arrow fic (with a couple of rare exceptions), the tagging IS the issue. People get very irate about bait-and-switch tagging, which is basically what this is (if not outright trolling). He basically wrote a Lauriver fic and tagged it as Olicity. That kind of stuff will get people on your case no matter what fandom it is. People also get irate if you basically write a ship-bashing fic and don't warn somehow that's what you're doing before fans get sucked in. The polite thing to do would have been to put a warning saying "Not for fans of the Olicity pairing". Or "if you like Olicity you probably won't like this fic." That way people that go ahead and read it anyway can't say they weren't warned.

But I suspect from reading his comments that he did it specifically to provoke the reaction he got, thus why I said trolling.

• Love 11

Why is it an issue someone wrote a L/O fic , tagging aside? Even with the mislead it's not worth reporting.

Actually.. AO3 can be very strict about their tagging policy*.

Yes, it is annoying. I went in expecting to read an olicity fanfic because of how it was tagged, instead it was a O/L fic with a strong Felicity bash. Personally I am against fanfics that bash a character for no good reason (ie to advance the plot - let alone a ship!) and in a contrived way - I also hate when it is done in a disrespectful manner, for example: Laurel, despite my dislike of her, I hated it in the Torchwood fandom! when it was done to Gwen- despite my dislike of her. I dislike Laurel as she is portrayed by KC; but, depending on the writer, fanfics are the only place I find myself actually enjoying the character because, I can imagine physical and facial reactions (something KC fails to give us 99.99% of the time) so it works for me, and it works great if the writer is good. like in the "stop the presses" series

* I wish they would act the same way about real people fics, i'll keep on hoping on that front.

• Love 1

Oh, it's not nice but I had to make a couple comments on things that just didn't make sense, like the implication that Oliver needed to be a PTSD killer or that he'd work with DD or that it's a good thing Felicity died before all those feelings that had been getting stronger between he and Laurel exploded.  Already they were stronger than they'd ever been before he left on the boat! 

Let's be honest.  Malcolm isn't stupid enough to kill Felicity.  The man is a survivor.  This gets him dead and we already know that Nyssa ruined the LP (and BTW, Laurel has totally learned her lesson on that even if she could use it)  It's a terribly written story on so many more fronts than JUST bashing Olicity. 

I just went through the comments, which are kind of hilarious. I think if he had tagged it with "past Oliver/Felicity" he wouldn't have got so much flak. Also, I get that he used "Chose not to warn", but he still could have included "major character death" as a courtesy. It's what I do when I don't want to spoil my fic but I still want to use trigger warnings.

Also - it's his take on who's in the grave? Sure, sure. Because if Felicity were in that grave, Oliver would be capable of having a conversation with Barry, and articulating what he wants to do, rather than razing the city to the ground. I was on another board, recently, where they still had the idea that either Felicity or Thea were buried there, and I pointed this out to them, using a .gif of the last few seconds of Fight Club as illustration (office buildings collapsing, or exploding and then collapsing).

And if it was Malcolm Merlyn who was responsible? Nanda Parbat would be a smoking crater.

• Love 6

CS0R0ebWwAEevcE.jpg

LMAO. We're all pervs. I love it. (There's actually more videos out there of the love scene with lots of views too.)

I just went through the comments, which are kind of hilarious. I think if he had tagged it with "past Oliver/Felicity" he wouldn't have got so much flak. Also, I get that he used "Chose not to warn", but he still could have included "major character death" as a courtesy. It's what I do when I don't want to spoil my fic but I still want to use trigger warnings.

Also - it's his take on who's in the grave? Sure, sure. Because if Felicity were in that grave, Oliver would be capable of having a conversation with Barry, and articulating what he wants to do, rather than razing the city to the ground. I was on another board, recently, where they still had the idea that either Felicity or Thea were buried there, and I pointed this out to them, using a .gif of the last few seconds of Fight Club as illustration (office buildings collapsing, or exploding and then collapsing).

And if it was Malcolm Merlyn who was responsible? Nanda Parbat would be a smoking crater.

Oh yea, Oliver would not think twice about contacting Waller to assist him in such a task.

• Love 2

How many views do you rack up if you just keep clicking the same twenty or thirty seconds on a loop?

Oh and regarding the author of the misleadingly tagged fic, he's also posted it under his name on KSite. This person is a regular anti- Olicity / pro comics and early first season commenter. All his protests to the contrary is absolutely disingenuous.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

Why is it an issue someone wrote a L/O fic , tagging aside? Even with the mislead it's not worth reporting.

No one cares if he wrote an O/L fic, but he deliberately tagged it O/F and did not tag it O/L. He was trolling and trolls should get reported.
  • Love 5

LMAO. We're all pervs. I love it. (There's actually more videos out there of the love scene with lots of views too.)

My favorite thing is that the aired scene has a Content Warning. The one without background music does not. 

I once compared views on the Oliver and Laurel scene and other couples on the CW (TVD) and the difference was crazy.

• Love 2

My favorite thing is that the aired scene has a Content Warning. The one without background music does not. 

I once compared views on the Oliver and Laurel scene and other couples on the CW (TVD) and the difference was crazy.

ohh! do tell us what the difference is!! i'm too lazy to go google it myself.

The one without the backing wouldn't have a content warning though, the music was removed by a fan.

The one without the backing wouldn't have a content warning though, the music was removed by a fan.

I wasn't sure how it worked. The original video didn't have any content warning for months.

Is that even a surprise though? 1 season with a handfull of scenes compared to couples who were actually couples and had more then 1 year together or actual build up to being a couple.