Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: The Live Shows Premiere

• Start Topic

Bria- I thought this was very rough. She keeps directing all the notes to the back of her voice so they die. If you're going to sing the way she does, you need technique. It's still uncontrolled and vocal damage-y. You can hear her going flat and losing the note. 

Delvin- Love Delvin. There were some teeny tiny issues but otherwise fabulous vocal. I do agree with Usher that there wasn't really an emotional connection. He needed to park and bark and not wander around the stage.

Dani- Back to not getting Dani at all. Dani is not that strong of a singer. Why give her a song without places to breathe. I thought she did a really poor job, rather unremarkable, kind of unpleasant to listen to with one impressive high note. I do not get why Shakira is so obsessed with her.

Audra- A little mush-mouthy. Slightly in danger of going flat. I think it might have been a bit low for her? Also, it lacked intensity. Slower songs and ballads need intensity to make them compelling. I partially blame it on the camera guy swinging around like a maniac but it was also the performance. Still, I enjoyed it.

TJ- Something about it was a little squeaky like all the notes were closed off but otherwise it was pleasant to listen to. Most John Mayer songs sound the same to me. Not a wow.

Christina- Good but rough. I think I liked it more than the others who had issues like Dani because it had energy but Dark Horse is not a singer's song. It was very scream-y and she lost her breath in places.

Sisaundra- Went a bit flat on the note when she touched her ear. I wonder if they were having problems hearing themselves in the lives. Otherwise, flawless. Yeah, she was way too happy for the song she was singing but unlike with Delvin, it had that sparkle to it.

Kristen- Love this song. Very pretty cover. She lost the ends of a lot of the notes. WTF? The sound went out? Poor Kristen. They cut almost all of her performances and then the sound goes out for her first live performance? Ugh, guys, stop it. Stop it. That said, it was pretty but not amazing. It's hard to go toe to toe with Jennifer Nettles and then not bring it. It's like doing a pretty version of a Whitney song. Doesn't really cut it.