Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Jordan

I've never been so pissed watching a TV episode. This guy was a total dick when he looked at her and said that she had to stay and he had the option to leave. I seriously wanted to throw my remote at the TV. Why don't you grow up and grow a pair and get a job? And Jordan why don't you give this baby a chance and give this baby to a family who can actually afford a child? And Sugar girl I hope that isn't your real name but I like you. Keep keeping it real. 

• Love 3

Gosh, was this episode depressing! I liked how Jordan tried to stay upbeat, but really felt for her when she broke down over the situation. Yeah, it pissed me off that Derrick waited so long to look for a job, especially after they moved in with Miss Tracey. God bless her for taking those two in, along with a baby, and seemingly not expecting anything in return. She was even buying them treats and diapers and stuff. I hope she and her kids were okay after being evicted.

I wonder how stable life in Texas would be. Derick's dad kept offering them jobs and a stable place to stay. I can understand why they didn't want to take it, but they really didn't have an option dune to being homeless in Baltimore. Would Derick even be hired if his potential employers knew that he didn't have a home of his own? Yeah, it was bullshit that he walked away from Jordan and told her to get a job. I understand (well, not really) how stressful the situation was for both of them. My heart broke for Jordan when she broke down over Evie's constant crying. I'm one of those people who rarely feels sympathy for these girls, but Jordan was so just so genuine and likeable. Her pain and issues went way beyond just missing out on her teenage years.

• Love 1
And Sugar girl I hope that isn't your real name but I like you. Keep keeping it real.

Team Sugar all the way. The entire episode, I kept remarking to my husband that she was the best person to be featured on this season (and that when your "best person" is named Sugar, that's not saying much). To me, she and her mother struck the perfect balance of supporting but not enabling. They were a shoulder to cry on, organized the shower (super nice of them), gave Jordan a bed every now and then, but made it crystal clear that they were not a permanent solution. Bonus points on calling out Derrick for spending more time playing video games than looking for a job. During that fight where he made that assy comment about being able to leave whenever but Jordan was stuck, I yelled at the TV, "Yeah, you go and do that, and then Sugar will take Jordan down to the courthouse for a child support order."

I also appreciated how up front she was about her abortion, why it was the right choice for her, and how there was no sniveling about what could have been once baby Genevieve finally appeared (unlike the sister of whatsherface from TM3 who had the abortion and you could tell things were a little tricky there). 

• Love 2

I also appreciated how up front she was about her abortion, why it was the right choice for her, and how there was no sniveling about what could have been once baby Genevieve finally appeared (unlike the sister of whatsherface from TM3 who had the abortion and you could tell things were a little tricky there). 

Lol. Her name was Briana. Her sister was Brittany. I was definitely having flashbacks to that episode when it was revealed that Sugar had an abortion. Then again, Brittany may have been having a hard time coming to terms with her decision because she was living with Briana and Nova. Sugar didn't have to deal with Jordan and Evie a hundred-percent of the time. I'm not trying to suggest that Sugar regrets her decision or anything like that. But it might be easier to get over something like that when you don't have to deal with a baby like Brittany had to.

And, yes, if the only sane person in your sphere of influence is named Sugar, that's not exactly a great sign. Haha.

Tracy was a little sketchy with the old and new dog poop all over the place. That plus the fact that taking these kids in was likely against her lease. I'd like to know what kind of friend she was to Derek's father. I was half wondering if any of her kids were related to Derek.

The story of the parents was also sketchy. Derek got kicked out - not Jordan. Why did she go with him into homelessness? Were there siblings? But she is one of the most likable girls to come through this franchise.

Laptop, new cell phones - who paid for that shit? Derek was lazy and stupid, but he was sticking with Jordan so I'll give him credit for that. Plenty of guys want nothing to do with the girl or baby. This one really needs an update!

• Love 1

I strongly disagree that Jordan "is one of the most likable girls to come through this franchise." I was frustrated with her the entire episode. Her parents kicked her bf out, not her. It's fine and dandy to opt for being homeless and following around your bf, but that's not such a wise choice when you're pregnant and have an unborn child to think about too. She could have kept living at her parents' but still be with and see Derek.

And then all this business about Derek "looking for a job"? Sugar (agree with the posters above that SHE is one of the best things to come out of this show!) was the one keeping it real and laying it down that Derek needed to be a man and search (so did Tracy). But Jordan? She would just meekly ask him "so are you going to look for a job? hello? so are you going to help me?" and never seemed to push back much or lay down real consequences when he kept playing video games or looking at his phone. Jordan needs to grow a backbone for her daughter's sake.

I also wasn't a fan of Jordan saying that other than Derek getting a job, her option was going to a homeless shelter. No mention of trying to get a job herself?

I don't know, maybe the editing was wonky (wonky editing and MTV?! never!!) but I was hoping to see Jordan be more assertive and independent, and never got any sense that she was anything other than an extremely passive, meek girl.

• Love 3

And Jordan why don't you give this baby a chance and give this baby to a family who can actually afford a child? 

Exactly.  Abortion and raising a baby that you clearly cannot afford are not your only two options in this situation.  There are other families out there that would do anything for a baby, families that are financially stable with homes and other important things.  

I did like Sugar and her mother a lot.  

I need some therapy and antidepressants after seeing this episode. Jordan was making a bad mistake, and a selfish one, by keeping the baby, but at least it was clear why she did it. She loved Evie and she was happy to have her. She was smiling ear to ear when she held her in the hospital.

I really wish we'd gotten more of the story on the departure from Jordan's parents' house. Did they kick Derek out just for losing his job, or was it really for playing video games when he needed to be pounding the pavement for another one? Was Jordan crazy for following Derek out, or was there something else (racism?) that made her feel she had to cut her parents out altogether? Because whatever her other flaws, Jordan clearly loved her baby and was thinking about what was best for her. Did she really refuse to even consider bringing the baby to her own family just because they kicked out Derek?

Also, letting a one-week-old baby cry it out? Derek, not even Dr. Ferber would say that's a good idea. Hold that kid.

• Love 3
I also wasn't a fan of Jordan saying that other than Derek getting a job, her option was going to a homeless shelter. No mention of trying to get a job herself?

If they can't afford to tow their vehicle, never mind rent a home, I'm not sure how Jordan could have afforded care for a newborn baby. Her grandma and aunt wouldn't even let her live with them, so I'm sure they wouldn't do it. She had no support.

(edited)

Jobs are great when you have somewhere to live. How would Jordan get to a job? Who would babysit? What kind of confidence would she have to leave her baby, what if Derek is kicked out while she is working? They seemed to be using phones on wifi, wasn't clear if they had service. The laptop didn't appear until Tracys house and never again, so my guess it was borrowed.

Even if Jordan overcomes those issues and gets a job - what exactly would she earn? 7.25 for 40 hours is $290 gross. Probably $200 net.

So she could earn $800/month with heroic efforts. An amount that could not get them housing or food. She wasn't naive about the only

option being a shelter, she was right. With their earning potential they would be on the streets forever.

Go ahead and do the minuses:

Subtract $144 for a bus pass in Maryland - $656 left

Diapers for one month (4/day) - $21 - $646

Food for two (ramen all day) - $120 - $526

$526 left for shelter, electricity, soap, laundry. What happens when Evie starts eating solids? Or gets a horrific rash because diapers aren't changed frequently enough? Or Jordan is $10 shoe for a bus pass and gets fired?

Poverty/homelessness are complicated issues that are not cured by getting a job. A job is a start but there are many reasons people remain poor. Unplanned pregnancy is a huge reason.

Edited by wrestlesflamingos
  • Love 11
(edited)

I thought Jordan and her boyfriend were complete idiots. I may have heard wrong but in the beginning of the episode Jordan said her parents kicked out her boyfriend, not her. I think she got pissed at her parents and left with him. Her parents probably wanted him out because he seems so lazy. No drive at all. Like his father said, he had nine months to prepare for their daughter's birth and he was still jobless.

I also hated that stupid baby voice Jordan adopted when she was addressing a conflict or attempting to ask someone for something. I thought they were both freeloaders who expected people to hand them stuff for their child on a silver platter.

I think these kids need to understand that they made the choice to have unprotected sex and keep their babies. No one is obligated to help them financially or emotionally.

Edited by RedKoolAide
  • Love 1

If they can't afford to tow their vehicle, never mind rent a home, I'm not sure how Jordan could have afforded care for a newborn baby. Her grandma and aunt wouldn't even let her live with them, so I'm sure they wouldn't do it. She had no support.

What I'm saying is if Derek wouldn't/couldn't find a job for himself, I don't see why her next resort was going to the homeless shelter when a very clear alternative is that Jordan could try getting a job herself and have Derek stay home and watch the baby while being unemployed. In fact, that'd be pretty good motivation for him to actually go on the job hunt himself.

• Love 1

Even if Jordan overcomes those issues and gets a job - what exactly would she earn? 7.25 for 40 hours is $290 gross. Probably $200 net.

So she could earn $800/month with heroic efforts. An amount that could not get them housing or food. She wasn't naive about the only

option being a shelter, she was right. With their earning potential they would be on the streets forever.

Go ahead and do the minuses:

Subtract $144 for a bus pass in Maryland - $656 left

Diapers for one month (4/day) - $21 - $646

Food for two (ramen all day) - $120 - $526

$526 left for shelter, electricity, soap, laundry.

And that doesn't even factor in child care.  I live in a suburb between Baltimore and DC and the cheapest childcare I was able to find was $270/week. Even if she went with a less than credible place, she'd still easily be spending $150 a week on childcare. 

At the rate he was going, it would have made more sense for Derek to stay in school on his scholarship.  I wonder if he fully dropped out or if he lost the scholarship. 

• Love 1

such a sad episode.  I felt so bad for Jordan and the baby..  Jordan and the baby should go back to her parents, let the father of the baby get a job, an apartment, etc.  at least her friend set up a nice baby shower for her.

• Love 1

Well, according to Teen Mom Junkies, Jordan and Derek are still together. They no longer live in Texas, though. After a brief stint in Florida, they moved back to Maryland to live with Derek's grandparents. I wonder what went down in Texas to make them move back to square one?

• Love 1

Be warned: here comes some shallowness.

What in God's name was wrong with Jordan's eyebrows. It's like they started in the middle of her eyes. Put down the wax strips and back away sweetie.

I really wanted to feel bad for her, and in the beginning I did, but she just wore on me as the episode progressed. That baby voice would put me over the edge and while I'm glad they were able to stay with Miss Tracey, I'd want to try and go home. There's an old song that says "nothing melts the heart like a grandchild will" and I bet seeing your baby girl homeless, scared and overwhelmed with her own baby might sway most parents. 

• Love 1

I agree that there was more going on in Jordan's home than she was willing to talk about. Whether it was abuse, racism or something else, it's hard to say. Her folks didn't come around at all when the kid was born, which was weird. This season is a lot more of a cautionary tale than past ones have been. I wonder if this has to do with the recent data linking this show and the Teen Mom shows to lowered teen pregnancy rates.

What in God's name was wrong with Jordan's eyebrows. It's like they started in the middle of her eyes. Put down the wax strips and back away sweetie.

I wondered the same thing. This is a style now? I weep for the youth! Also because of the whole unplanned homeless baby thing, I guess.

I agree that there was more going on in Jordan's home than she was willing to talk about. Whether it was abuse, racism or something else, it's hard to say. Her folks didn't come around at all when the kid was born, which was weird. This season is a lot more of a cautionary tale than past ones have been. I wonder if this has to do with the recent data linking this show and the Teen Mom shows to lowered teen pregnancy rates.

I definitely got that vibe. There was something so weird about the whole thing, especially since Jordan's parents didn't even come see the baby and Jordan decided not to tell them she was moving to Texas. This is just me, but no matter how bad off I was with my parents, I would still tell them about their grandchild's birth and if I was moving to another state. Even if we weren't speaking to each other, and they didn't do anything about it, I would still want them to know. The birth of a grandbaby and a move from Maryland to Texas are two pretty big things to keep to yourself.

Jordan's story never sat with me from the get-go. So her parents throw out her boyfriend, she goes with him, but they never once try to get into contact with her? She doesn't tell them she's moving to flipping Texas? It sounds like things went sour after Jordan got pregnant, so maybe the parents weren't cool with having a biracial granddaughter or something. I'm just speculating because they never appeared on the show to give their side of the story. Jordan also said that she was not ready to forgive them. It was a very telling comment that implied there was more going on than just "My parents threw my boyfriend out, and I got pissed at them".

There was so much missing from this episode. Why did Derrick get fired from his first job? Why did Jordan think her best option was to leave her parents' house and not even consider returning there? Why weren't her parents around even at the hospital? (They weren't, were they?) Did they not agree with her doing 16 & Pregnant, were they racist, were they ultra-religious and shaming her? The whole thing was frustrating. Sugar was, without a doubt, the highlight of the episode. I also enjoyed their brief call with Derrick's father, when he told Derrick to get his shit together and told Jordan to get a backbone. There was something frustratingly passive about her demeanor--obviously she was in a terrible situation, but she didn't seem to be trying to make it better herself, either.

• Love 1

I was also curious about the whereabouts of Derek's mom. Why couldn't they stay with her? Something with those two kids wasn't right. I'm not going to assume her parents are racist because we don't know their side. The grandmother seemed welcoming to Derek but they just seemed tired of them. I got the same vibe from Sugar. Not that she was tired of Jordan but kind of exhausted with Derek and the whole situation.

Another thing that bothered me, if they knew the van might die at anytime why didn't they have heavier coats/hats/gloves with them just in case something happened? It looked cold as hell out there when they had to walk home.

(edited)

Another thing that bothered me, if they knew the van might die at anytime why didn't they have heavier coats/hats/gloves with them just in case something happened? It looked cold as hell out there when they had to walk home.

Why would two people who don't have a penny saved to take care of a baby be the kind of people who think far enough ahead to bring extra clothes? 

Edited by Lilit
  • Love 5

Why would two people who don't have a penny saved to take care of a baby be the kind of people who think far enough ahead to bring extra clothes?

Lol, touche. Wishful thinking on my part. This episode made my head hurt with the overwhelming stupidity.

• Love 2

Maybe MTV was afraid of a lawsuit if Jordan started trashing her parents for whatever was going in there. They definitely skimmed over important facts.

I still liked her - she's so young! It's easy to say at my age that I know all the right choices, etc., but I do remember being a stupid teen. She was so dependent and victimy, something was definitely up at home. I can't judge why she didn't take the baby home because I don't know what her home was like. Now Tracy and her pooping dog I will judge! But I'm a neat freak anyway, and old dried up poop is just stupid and lazy, IMO.

Derek's father looked like Tracy Morgan. I think he was just talking a good game for TV.

• Love 1
(edited)

For some reason I liked the realness of this episode. Yes it was depressing, but it felt more real than so many they've shown recently. I do wish Jordan had chosen adoption for her baby but she didn't. I really, really wondered about the backstory on them ending up homeless. I kept thinking that yes he got kicked out but she and her child didn't.  Why did he get kicked out, and why did she go and basically disown her parents?  What happened? What was so unforgivable?  And then, not tell her parents about the birth of their grandchild, or a long distance move?  There has to be more to that story.

Also as much as it made me angry when he said it, I think Derick made a very real and honest statement when he said he could basically abandon her and the baby and do whatever he wanted and she'd be stuck. I'd like to believe child support laws etc. prevent that but I've seen too many situations where those laws didn't pan out, 'Dad' works under the table, etc. and the mother ended up single with no support. What he said was horribly hurtful, but true to some degree.

I always worry the most about the babies in these situations but in this one I was genuinely worried for Jordan and wishing her the best too. She seemed to me like a loving, caring, and probably overly naive girl who's had a rough time (even if some of it is self-caused).

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 1

In the beginning, I kind of liked Jordan but the baby voice made me crazy. She was also sort of all over the place here. On the one hand she's yelling at Derek that they don't count, only the baby does, yet she was not thrown out of her house, he was. She said at one point, paraphrased: "They threw out the father of my baby and I'm not gonna go with him? I'm gonna stay with my parents?" Um, yes, if you have the welfare of the baby in mind, then yes, you sleep where you have a room and a bed. I wondered if there was more going on there but figured if there was, it would have been framed as both of them being thrown out.

Derek was an absolute lazy ass. He had this laid back stupidity about him that reminded me of an unaddicted Kiefer. Didn't the voiceover at the beginning say that he was in college but dropped out to get a job once she became pregnant? He certainly went downhill on the responsibility train after that. It made me think though that he must be 18 and if he has a baby wouldn't he qualify for some type of Section 8, food stamps, or WIC?

Sugar was awesome and totally kept it real. 

• Love 2

This season is a lot more of a cautionary tale than past ones have been.

You know, I was thinking the same exact thing, if for no other reason than all the close-up shots of shit-exploded diapers. For this episode, I almost wish Miss Tracey didn't fall out of the sky so the homeless-ness part REALLY would have sunk in for young, impressionable viewers.

I agree that something seemed fishy and we definitely weren't getting the whole story with Jordan's parents. However, this episode really made me realize how bad the parents of teen moms have it. Now, granted, it could be argued that a lot of the situation is their fault, whether it's pushing abstinence only (which DOES NOT work) or just having a permissive attitude overall. But sometimes kids are just going to do what they're going to do, regardless of the circumstances (like remember that one girl from I think Season 3 whose mother kept a box of condoms right there in the bathroom for the family to use and she just didn't walk down the hallway). All that aside, the parents are damned if they do, damned if they don't. Kick out your pregnant teen? You're a heartless monster. Let them stay with you, no questions asked? You're enabling and condoning. As much as they might have brought it on themselves, it's got to be tough.

• Love 4
You know, I was thinking the same exact thing, if for no other reason than all the close-up shots of shit-exploded diapers.

ha... I'm so glad I wasn't the only one to notice this. I was thinking maybe they're getting down to the nitty gritty. In case the messages to teens that they'll gain way more weight with a baby than birth control, lose most of their friends, their future will be infinitely harder, etc. weren't working the producers thought "okay fine, you may have to deal with baby diapers that look LIKE THIS! That's why you shouldn't have unprotected sex!"  I never remember seeing such disgusting diapers before. Maybe I'll finally have to stop watching... which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Yeah, unlike Brittany's sister Briana, Sugar knew damn well that she'd dodged a bullet, and she has 20+ childbearing years left if she wants to have children when she's ready. Proving yet again that the girls with a clue have abortions, because abortions are just plain and simple a better choice when you're a teenager. Sue me, but I don't think there's a single girl on this show who wouldn't have been better off with an abortion, and that includes the birth moms who relinquished.

• Love 6

From Jordan's FB page:

Here is the answers to all of your questions.

1)Did we go to Texas? Yes we did, we lived there for about a month and a half but had to come back to Maryland so Derek could take summer classes, so he could finish school in the fall.

2)Did Derek and/or myself get a job? Derek has gotten a job and i have been looking. I have a difficult time leaving Genevieve.

3)Are Derek and i still together/How is mine and Derek's relationship? Yes we are still together, it has been about a year and half now. We have a wonderful relationship, we were just going through a very tough time as you guys saw and it put stress on our relationship.

4)How did we become homeless? I moved out of my parents house before i knew i was pregnant and moved in with my grandmother and aunt, who you saw on the show. Shortly after moving in with them, i moved in with Derek and his dad...we ended up getting evicted. My parents allowed Derek and I to move in with them. When an argument happened over Derek's job being seasonal and him not having another, My parents decided that him living with us wasn't working, when asked what i was going to do, I said i was probably going to go with him, they were furious and told me to get out. They told me numerous times i could live with them but i chose not to, since we never got along. From that point on him and i were technically homeless.

5)Do I talk to my parents now? I visit my dad and mom about once a week, and talk to them almost every other day. We are both at an understanding and agree that we have a much better relationship now that i do not live with them. I have talked to my biological mother off and on, but am choosing not to talk to her right now due to a private matter.

6)Do i still talk to sugar? I talk to her off and on, but we are no longer as close as we were before because our lives have gone in different directions. Also there has been a lot of drama among friends of hers and i choose to not get involved.

7)Does Sugar and Derek really not get along? They got along before recording happened, we all would hang out together; her, myself, Derek, and her boyfriend. Once we started recording things changed. Derek got angry with things she said during filming and now they do not get along.

8)Why was i letting Genevieve cry? I was not letting her cry, that is why Derek got angry with me. Every time she would make a fuss i would want to hold her. If she would start crying, i would cry and pick her up.

9)Why was I getting frustrated with Genevieve wanting to eat? I was not frustrated with her, I was frustrated because i had to put a blanket over my chest to cover her eating and it made it difficult. Each time you saw her crying was not to eat, some times were just because she didn't want to be out down.

10)Do i breastfeed? Yes i did for some time, but we found out that i was not producing enough milk for her and that's why she would constantly be hungry. We then started supplementing. I tried taking vitamins to increase my milk supply but it didn't work, so we ended up just giving her formula.

11)Where do we live now? We are living in Maryland in with Derek's grandparents in their beautiful home.

12)Do Derek and i plan on getting married? We want to get married but no time soon. Him and i are both on the same page, we made one mistake at a young age and do not want to make another by rushing into marriage at a young age. We love each other and are happy with the way things are in our relationship and feel no reason to change that with marriage. Maybe in seven to ten years we will be married.

13)If we were homeless how did we buy things, get my nails done, or pay our phone bill? We didn't buy things. We would eat whatever we could, when we could. Derek's xbox was his dads. He had sold his games numerous times so we could buy food when i was pregnant. He actually sold his iphone so we could buy a car seat and stroller for the baby. I did not ever get my nails done, i had long nails from prenatal vitamins and painted them myself and His dad paid our phone bill.

14)Will there be a teen mom 4? I do not know, no one has said anything to me about it.

15)How are we doing now? Derek, Genevieve, and I are doing great. Derek is enrolled in school, I should be starting school this summer, and Genevieve is happy and chubby as can be.

• Love 1

Wow, Jordan is possibly the dumbest teen mom I have ever seen.   She should be telling her loser/bum boyfriend to stuff it and go beg her parents to let her and her baby move back home.   How bad could they possibly have been?   They let her boyfriend move in, and even she herself says that his having no job problem was why they kicked him out.    Of course we don't know for sure, but I think the boyfriend is the problem, and Jordan is putting all kinds of importance on him being the father and "being there for her" when none of that is going to put a roof over her kid's head or food in her mouth.  

Cringed throughout this whole episode. I will never understand why these girls can convince themselves to bring a baby into their horrid mixed up lives. Okay, homeless, no income, no education and a boyfriends whose only skills seem to be getting pissed at you and playing X Box slack jawed breathing through his mouth? Sounds aces, let's pop this kid out. Just don't get their thought process, teenager or not.

Why was Jordan so set on staying with the boyfriend, I think Derek was his name, when he didn't even have a place to go or a brain cell in his head? He gave no fucks. His "I could leave, you have to stay here" comment spoke volumes as to what he actually thought about his responsibility to his child and child's mother: none at all. I don't know how these girls put up with this shit. "What did you mean by you could leave at any time? "Are you gonna yell at me some more?" As he stares as a TV screen. He means what he said, genius.

The random "Miss Tracy" letting them take over her living room for no real reason seemed nice but also seemed very weird to me. You could sort of tell her kids were unnerved/pissed that these randoms were living in their house, when what looked like the son came in and kind of just trudged annoyed up the stairs? Appeared to be something that happened before and he's thinking 'damn, Mom, not again.' Or when he asked them kind of irrotated to get their shit out of the washer/dryer, or that text they got in the middle of the night 'Miss Tracy says be quiet' like, you invited teen parents and their newborn to live in your family room. What'd you expect, lady? I'd feel so uncomfortable being there. Also that there was dog shit everywhere and she got evicted weeks later adds to to the strangeness of that whole thing.

Her Mom and Grandma were, accumulatively, giving no shits. Listened sympathetically to her woes and offered her gas money to gtfo. I almost laughed at how excitedly Jordan grabbed up the small amount of cash but then remembered how sad everything about it was.

And good on Jordan's friend, Sugar was it? She seemed to be supportive only to the extent that she appeared to know/believe Jordan was making a terrible mistake, and wasn't going to coddle her too much. Also enjoyed that she bitched out useless Derek, who seemed to have a weird affect about him, now that I think about it. But yeah, there was a subtext of "you poor idiot" going on in Sugar's eyes whenever Jordan was going on about her dumbassery.

Sad episode. Lots of shit shots, too.

I forgot to mention how Derek thought wearing a condom was a "punishment". So, instead of protecting themselves they get pregnant, choose(Jordan did) homelessness, don't look for employment, and wait for the next person to mooch off of. These two annoyed me the most this season. They are baffling.

Cringed throughout this whole episode. I will never understand why these girls can convince themselves to bring a baby into their horrid mixed up lives. Okay, homeless, no income, no education and a boyfriends whose only skills seem to be getting pissed at you and playing X Box slack jawed breathing through his mouth? Sounds aces, let's pop this kid out. Just don't get their thought process, teenager or not.

Why was Jordan so set on staying with the boyfriend, I think Derek was his name, when he didn't even have a place to go or a brain cell in his head? He gave no fucks. His "I could leave, you have to stay here" comment spoke volumes as to what he actually thought about his responsibility to his child and child's mother: none at all. I don't know how these girls put up with this shit. "What did you mean by you could leave at any time? "Are you gonna yell at me some more?" As he stares as a TV screen. He means what he said, genius.

I didn't get Jordan at all when she was talking about how the loser was the father of her kid, he was there for her, blah blah blah.  She acts like the fact that he's the one who got her pregnant makes him father of the year or something, when the kid wasn't even born yet and he couldn't even be bothered to put down the video game controller and go try to get work somewhere.   Not that whatever minimum wage job he would find would make a real difference, they still wouldn't be having a place of their own or anything on that.   I think Jordan is a lazy bum too, what was up with that comment that she hasn't worked because she has a hard time leaving the baby?   Um, welcome to motherhood.   Lots of working moms get out there to provide, not because it's a great time to find child care and leave your kid to go to work.   I think the boyfriend probably has a lot of stupid parenting philosophies too.   What was up with him letting the baby cry like that?   

My parents decided that him living with us wasn't working, when asked what i was going to do, I said i was probably going to go with him, they were furious and told me to get out. They told me numerous times i could live with them but i chose not to, since we never got along. From that point on him and i were technically homeless.

SERIOUSLY? Instead you decided to bring your newborn "home" to the dogshit-pile in someone else's living room? That's better than a real home with grandparents, temporarily? You and Derek can live together when he puts a roof over your child's head. You can still see each other every day while you're at home. I gave you too much credit, Jordan. Bad decisions every day, nonstop.

• Love 2

SERIOUSLY? Instead you decided to bring your newborn "home" to the dogshit-pile in someone else's living room? That's better than a real home with grandparents, temporarily? You and Derek can live together when he puts a roof over your child's head. You can still see each other every day while you're at home. I gave you too much credit, Jordan. Bad decisions every day, nonstop.

Right?!? I'm 30 and while I don't have kids yet, we're hoping to soon and I can't imagine not turning to my parents if something happened and my husband couldn't provide for us and I wasn't able to work yet. At first I felt bad that she had to go through that with out her own mom being around, but it seems like it was just her being hard headed. 

When an argument happened over Derek's job being seasonal and him not having another

Yes, I loved when he said, "your dad knew my job was seasonal...". So did you Derek. Why didn't you have a backup or something lined up for after.

Also, liked them cutting down her parents and shit talking about them. They did let Derek live there for a while. I don't know too many parents who will let teenage daughters boyfriend live there. They did. Besides just maybe a moral issue with it, it's expensive to financially take on another almost-adult (not including a baby coming) and cleaning up after a teen boy, because you know he didn't do shit there.

• Love 2
(edited)

As soon as Derek said "You're stuck, I can go any time I want" Jordan should have taken her dumb ass right back to her parents house. If there was no physical or sexual abuse going on there, she should have sucked it up and gone back and ate whatever shit they were shoveling at her. There's no place for pride and teenage pouting when a baby is involved.

Couch surfing? With a newborn? Just so you can say you and your baby daddy are together?

They never said but judging by Derek's blank affect, there was definitely some weed going on in his life. Looked like a lot of weed by the vacant stares he was giving. Almost like he couldn't understand the words coming out of her mouth.

And does anybody have a theory on Ms Tracy?? Why would she move in two teens and a baby on top of her two teens. Two teens who were clearly annoyed at their mother stupid antics. Why would any person want to dance around two strangers in their own home? And how smart is it to bring some random teen boy around your own teen daughter? All she knows about this boy is he's jobless and he likes to screw. That would be enough for me to say hell to the no.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 3
(edited)

Despite insisting i wouldn't watch upthread, I got suckered in!

The story of the parents was also sketchy. Derek got kicked out - not Jordan. Why did she go with him into homelessness?

Because she's an idiot. Derek just came off really lazy and unmotivated. He supposedly had a scholarship to a university and a job - her parents probably thought he had a future, but slowly realized he wasn't amounting to much and that their daughter wasn't either. I truly believe if Jordan went back to them, apologized, offered to continue school and find work within the year, and genuinely asked for a place to stay (if she severed ties with Derek), I think they would have tried to help her. She should have sucked it up, went home with her tail tucked between her legs, and begged for mercy. However, she, like Derek, didn't seem particularly motivated so I can see them being frustrated with the situation and trying to remove Derek from their lives.

Also, her parents can't be that bad if they agreed to let Derek live with them in the first place. If they truly didn't care for him, I don't think they'd offer him somewhere to stay. They probably offered because he was in school and working, and when he stopped both, they realized it was not a situation they wanted in their home. Same with the aunt and grandmother. They're older and why would they want to bring this young family into their home when the parents in the family aren't doing anything to better themselves? I would have felt the same way as Jordan's family.

I feel badly for the baby, but not for Jordan or Derek. I feel like they made foolish decision after foolish decision, and their child will pay for it for years to come. When you know you have a seasonal job, you make sure you have another one lined up for afterwards.

Sugar is awesome! She is definitely that voice of reason every young woman needs as a friend.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 1

I definitely think MTV has an untapped hit on their hands.

"Here comes Sugar!"

As the teen couple is looking at those two lines on the pee stick thinking "oh no" there's a knock on the door. Who could it be? It's Sugar!! Ready to dish her knowledge and berate your bum ass boyfriend into getting a job and talk your dumb ass in an abortion.

• Love 3

I think it said a lot that everyone in Jordan's life while feeling bad for her situation would not offer her a place to live.  That says to me that she has probably been a handful her entire life and while they sympathize with her situation they weren't about to sign up for a front row seat to it.  It also tells me that her claims of how she "doesn't get along" with her parents probably means that SHE was more to blame for that situation then they were.

I didn't feel bad for her at all.  She made her choices.  Staying with a man who said he could leave at any time if he wanted to was only the tip of the iceberg for this stupid, idiotic, moron.

• Love 1