Type keyword(s) to search

Wheel Of Fortune - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Very rarely watch this, but after watching Jeopardy last night we decided to tune in and wanted to see what happened with the million dollar wedge.  "BAKED ZUCCHINI" ?!?!  I could see ZUCCHINI BREAD, but I've never heard anyone refer to or make "baked zucchini" in my life.

I felt so bad for them, and as Pat Sajak said, "I don't know what to say." 

Yes, I agree! I was sure it was FRIED ZUCCHINI. Granted, that's not the most common menu item either, but I think it might be more common than baked. 

I was genuinely worried about Grandpa after Pat revealed that $1 million prize card. Bless him, he was just completely gutted. I enjoyed earlier in the game when he said, "Now I'll have to pay tax on that." when Pat announced their winnings. He wasn't trying to be funny, though. He was mildly bothered. 

I've enjoyed this week's episodes. I have a soft spot for the grandchild-grandparent relationship (I was very close to my grandparents), and some of these pairs have been unintentionally adorable. 

WIDE BOULEVARD?? Give me a break.

That gingerbread house!!!

• Love 2

Yes, I agree! I was sure it was FRIED ZUCCHINI. Granted, that's not the most common menu item either, but I think it might be more common than baked. 

I guessed fried zucchini at first and then saw there was no R in the first word and settled on baked zucchini.  I agree that it's not exactly something that immediately pops in a person's mind.  

That was a tough break for that team with the Million Dollar Wedge.  Some of those bonus round puzzles are downright bizarre.

• Love 2

The good news is tonight's episode HAS to be better. There's no way it could be any worse than last night. Last night was worse than the "Achilles" episode from last year, which also IIRC included the guess "Car of the Year" when the category was "Person" (instead of Man of the Year).

I hope someone burned some sage in that studio after they taped the tonight's episode. There was definitely some bad juju up in that place! But even with all of the Bankrupts and Lose a Turns, the contestants had really good attitudes. I especially liked Anthony.

Just watched the last 2 episodes back to back and it was BRUTAL!!!! The wheel was horrible! The contestants were pretty bad! The woman on the first show who won only a $1,000 was.not.happy.at.all. She had an awful night on the wheel and couldn’t even win when all of the letters where there. Yikes!! 

• Love 3

How ironic that the subtitle is "I'd like to buy a vowel".

I have noticed that at least 5 times a month I have seen a person guess the puzzle immediately after buying vowels.

In all fairness, maybe the contestants don't know the answer until the vowels are revealed,

and they don't want to risk spinning again to recuperate the money only to land on a bad wedge.

Who knows?   Maybe she didn't know the first word was "pepperoni"

Wayne Campbell:  "Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt."

Flamingo Dance Lessons? Oh dear...the worst part is he could just read it! Even if you thought it was flamingo you can just read it! Flamenco!! And he really did not get what he had done wrong. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lilac2000 said:

Flamingo Dance Lessons? Oh dear...the worst part is he could just read it! Even if you thought it was flamingo you can just read it! Flamenco!! And he really did not get what he had done wrong. 

I knew he was going to say Flamingo instead of Flamenco before he even said it. He had already missed on the puzzle before which was Dog and Pony Show Me The Money. He needed either to say G for Dog or Y for Pony and he said C??????. WTF!!!!! Some people deserve to be shown how dumb they are on this show. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2
(edited)

Man, that C. Thomas Howell lookalike dude last night was on something or probably just nervous. Dude kept looking at the camera constantly. He seemed distracted most of the time.

Edited by Robert Lynch

I was watching the best friends show last night, and thinking (out loud, maybe) that seems kind of awkward, when they win a sorta romantic trip. Then when they came back from the break and Pat clarified that they got 2 trips, I can only assume that they're listening in on me! But then, a lot of players would have done a lot better in that case, so I guess not; maybe i don't need the tinfoil.

• Love 1

New season change: putting the letter called by the contestant on the screen before it appears/ doesn't appear in the puzzle. I didn't see Monday's episode. Any explanation for why they are doing that? I like it since I often wasn't sure what letter the contestant called, especially the b,c d,g, t grouping

Yesterday, a woman had the $10,000 wedge and the trip wedge. The puzzle was MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT. She kept spinning until it was complete, and I was worried that she'd land on Bankrupt/Lose A Turn. Nope. She got it and went to the Bonus Round.

The Prize Puzzle today was E_CE_TI_NALLY LUSH VALLEYS. The contestants guessed M and F. Oof.

The Toss Up was ___AK PEAK. Someone said BREAK PEAK. What?

If the guy in the middle had said a W, he'd have gone to the Bonus Round. He was $100 short, but $11,400 isn't bad.

12 hours ago, InDueTime said:

If the guy in the middle had said a W, he'd have gone to the Bonus Round. He was $100 short, but $11,400 isn't bad.

Just to clarify this a little, in the Final Spin round, the guy solved the puzzle without calling a letter. Since he lost by $100, if he had just called a letter before solving, he would have won enough to go to the Bonus Round. Sometimes, I wonder if the players ever actually watch the show before appearing. But I guess it is easier when you are watching from the couch at home.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who saw a puzzle tonight get solved as, "BRIDAL AND GOLD SHOWER instead of BRIDAL AND COLD SHOWER?!   <facepalm.  RED facepalm!>

Then, dude in the final round couldn't get BAMBOO STEAMER even though every letter was up there except the two "O"s.  He still went to the Bonus Round but he left 7500.00 on the table.  Crazy night.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who saw a puzzle tonight get solved as, "BRIDAL AND GOLD SHOWER instead of BRIDAL AND COLD SHOWER?!   <facepalm.  RED facepalm!>

I did see that part.  Then later, I did think of something she might have been thinking of, but I can't imagine it being used in a Wheel question.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, auntjess said:

I did see that part.  Then later, I did think of something she might have been thinking of, but I can't imagine it being used in a Wheel question.

Exactly!  That's what made it so cringey.  Pat didn't touch that error with a 10 ft pole.  LOL

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:29 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Then, dude in the final round couldn't get BAMBOO STEAMER even though every letter was up there except the two "O"s.  He still went to the Bonus Round but he left 7500.00 on the table.  Crazy night.

I saw that, funniest one they have had in a long time. 

Right up there with "A Streetcar Naked Desire"

And Pat you would tell just didn't know what to say, was shocked.  Just said "that is not correct". 

As he has stated before at such guesses, "This is a family show!"

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:16 AM, DrSpaceman73 said:

I saw that, funniest one they have had in a long time. 

Right up there with "A Streetcar Naked Desire"

And Pat you would tell just didn't know what to say, was shocked.  Just said "that is not correct". 

As he has stated before at such guesses, "This is a family show!"

I saw that and I was like, " Are people are really that dumb?".

I was wondering if her buzzer was malfunctioning on her original episode and while it might not have mattered on the outcome maybe it would have changed things so it was best to have her on again? But they didn't really say did they?

For once, Pat doesn't give the 'just say what's up there, don't add anything' spiel before the attempted crossword-puzzle solve; sure enough, the contestant adds an 'and' and loses out for it.

I am getting a bit annoyed with the puzzles they use for the final big prize on the bonus round. 

"Avocado Appetizer" recently was the worst.  Its become the go to phrase in our house to point out just nonsense phrases to make it hard.  Is that really something that exists, an avocado appetizer?  Plus it contains a V and a Z, you have to guess A to get it, all you are given is _______ ___et__er to start with.  Even if you guess Appetizer avocado it not coming to mind easily to go with it. 

Freakin' Avocado Appetizer. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, DrSpaceman said:

I am getting a bit annoyed with the puzzles they use for the final big prize on the bonus round. 

"Avocado Appetizer" recently was the worst.  Its become the go to phrase in our house to point out just nonsense phrases to make it hard.  Is that really something that exists, an avocado appetizer?  Plus it contains a V and a Z, you have to guess A to get it, all you are given is _______ ___et__er to start with.  Even if you guess Appetizer avocado it not coming to mind easily to go with it. 

Freakin' Avocado Appetizer. 

I know! I swear they just make up some of this stuff.  And phrases too. Some of them are way out there, hardly what one would consider to be common usage. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I've been seeing promos - "this week, the wheel fights back!" (Some kind of technical issue, I guess). 

I love how jeopardy is giving away millions of dollars, and Wheel's promo is, hey, Vanna has trouble with the board.

Yes I'm still watching. Don't judge!

Edited by SoMuchTV
Vanna, not Hanna! Stupid autocorrect!

I think I'm in love with one of the contestants today. After hearing thousands of "my amazing wife..." " My hunky husband " ad infinitum, he said (paraphrasing) I've been trapped in a loveless marriage with my battle-axe wife, who cursed me with 3 horrible step-children...  He did admit he was kidding, but still, well played.

• Love 5

I'm not one to rag on contestants for missing puzzles, nerves affect people differently imo, but last night was a doozy.  It was probably up there with the time the guy knew the final puzzle and refused to call more letters after Pat asked him if he wanted to.  I think Pat was totally shocked.

The final puzzle, which was mostly filled, was THE Q_ESTION REM_INS.  All of the contestants seemed a little perplexed by this puzzle, but the guy on the end was the worst.  It gets back to him, all of the letters except U and A were up there, and he just stands there like he's totally confused.  It was so weird that it got the attention of Yahoo.

I guess I was the only watching the B & D contestant who seemed to keep saying B and they (show) were hearing D when it was obvious she was saying B. Very strange episode. She made it to the Bonus Round where she did it again and Pat questioned her. Alas, she didn't win. I guess you could call in karma.

Sorry to hear the news about Pat Sajak having Emergency Surgery & missing a taping of the show.  The news said something about a blockage in his abdomen.  Between this news & Alex Trebek's health battle, its been a bad Fall for game show Hosts.

• Love 2
On 11/8/2019 at 10:49 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Sorry to hear the news about Pat Sajak having Emergency Surgery & missing a taping of the show.  The news said something about a blockage in his abdomen.  Between this news & Alex Trebek's health battle, its been a bad Fall for game show Hosts.

In case anyone’s still following - tonight was the first of the episodes where Vanna filled in for Pat. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

I saw a comment on Reddit or Twitter that Alex Trebek probably would have filled in if he wasn't ill and it just made me sad.  Vanna's kind of stiff but I'm glad she filled in versus someone else that's not Trebek.

I think we always knew it would be Vanna (as “Pat”), but the letter turner was the mystery. I was kind of hoping for someone more surprising than Minnie 

Vanna did well but you really could see she was nervous as she mentioned. I’m sure by the second and third week of shows she’ll be a pro. It is funny that having Minnie at the puzzle board proves you don’t need Vanna. That’s why I miss the old board. She really had to hustle and turn those letters when the puzzle was solved. A few of them were really long and she barely made it in time. LOL!!!!

• Love 2

Night #2. Vanna is giving it her all but she’s still nervous. She doesn’t have Pat’s natural sense (and, years) of humor when congratulating the winner and reviewing their prizes. She’s a little short and abrupt since she is just trying to get the winning total and such correct. All in all, she’s doing a good job as a temporary fill in. My problem is with the Disney characters. Will I go to hell for saying that? Mickey and Minnie are very distracting at the puzzle board. Anyway, considering they aren’t actually doing anything it’s more of a hindrance then a help. I also didn’t win the Secret Santa Giveaway again. I’ve been trying for years. Scam! LOL!!!

• Love 7

Pat tweeted what's going on:

It’s a bit confusing, but here’s the deal: Vanna will be hosting this coming week and the next. Then two weeks of shows I taped before my surgery. Then Vanna again the week of Jan. 6 with a special guest at the puzzle board. Then the planets will realign, and it’s back to normal.

— Pat Sajak (@patsajak) December 7, 2019

• Useful 1